EVENT: Celebrity Sightings - Spill the Tea

partyon

Poll: Celebrity Sightings  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of celebrity would you like to meet? (multiple choice)

• My favorite oppa, of course!
    • My favorite actress
    • A sports figure and/ or team
    • A politician
    • My favorite writer
    • That kdrama script writer who messed up the ending of my oppa's drama. I have feedback.
    • A singer / kpop band
    • An inspirational person I look up to
    • My favorite TV personality / news anchor
    • Someone from the royal family
    • A YouTuber/Tik Toker/social influencer
    • A local celebrity
    • A famous designer / model
    • My favorite painter, sculptor, etc
    • Someone else. Who?
  2. 2. What would you do if you were to meet your favorite celebrity? (multiple choice)

• I would admire them from afar
    • I would go up to them and ask them for a date / to hang out with me
    • I would ignore them
    • I would take a selfie with them (in secret)
    • I would ask them for a selfie/autograph
    • I would stalk them
    • I wouldn't recognize them - I have horrible facial recognition skills
    • I have friends/family who are celebrities - I hang out with them all the time
    • I would faint
    • I am a celebrity!
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. Have you tried to meet a celebrity?

• Yes, I checked their schedule and tried to do it.
    • Never thought about it, but now that it is mentioned, I may give it a shot
    • I am too lazy to do it
    • No.
    • I am the chairman of the fanclub
    • So much that I got a restraining order - lol

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/25/2021 at 04:00 PM

EVENT: Celebrity Sightings - Spill the Tea

Event_Here_1.1.jpg

cr. @gm4queen

Chingus, we assume that some of you have met a celebrity, talked to them, gotten an autograph or just admired them from afar?

Or that you want to meet a celebrity? Who?

As we Event Organizers (EOs) are HUGE fans of gossip (lol), it would be fun to read stories regarding celebrity sightings. Either ones that have happened, or ones that you wish would happen. :kiss_wink:

• Have you seen/met a celebrity? (can be anyone from around the world, doesn't have to be Korean)
  • What was it like? Did you talk to them? Did you get an autograph? Were they nice? Or different from what you expected?
  • Which celebrity would you really like to meet one day?
  • If you have a picture, feel free to post it here for other chingus to admire.
  • You don't have to name the celebrity if you would like to keep it anonymous.

Here are some examples of celebrity sightings - the Event Organizers spilling the tea.... :yay:

35,655 Mystery Person Illustrations & Clip Art - iStock

"I met a local celeb actress -- was in a hotel and waiting in the entrance for the valet to return our car. Turned and saw the actress and first I was confused "oh, she looks familiar" and then realized she was from xx movie and then I was like "woah! she is seriously short even with those heels...." I looked like a giant next to her and I was wearing flats."

@Lmangla

"I was visiting Korea many years ago and ran into a Korean actress in a department store. For some reason I thought I had met her (didn't realize she was a celebrity), so I kept ("secretly") staring at her, trying to jolt my memory about who she was and if I should go up and say hi to her. After a while she started to look annoyed with my staring, and that's when I realized that I didn't know her and that she was a celebrity. I guess she was wondering why she suddenly had a foreign lady stalker. lol :D"

@partyon

"A few years ago, before the pandemic hit us and brought our lives to a standstill, my friends and I were travelling. Our previous flight had just landed and we hardly had enough time for check in and board the next flight to finally reach our destination. As we flew across the airport lounges, trying not to miss our flight, we briefly saw a very popular sportsperson. Obviously, our young hearts fluttered at the sight of the young handsome sportsperson and we desperately wished to meet him, click a couple of photos, perhaps even get his autograph. But it wasn’t to be so, if we needed to catch the flight. So we simply left with a memory in our hearts. The sportsperson looked way handsome in person than on television, that’s for sure! Though I wasn’t a fan, I definitely became one after the ‘celeb-sighting’. It was love at first sight though one-sided and reciprocated. Now, I have discovered K-drama and lots of oppas. My heart goes ‘dugun dugun’ again at the sight of them. Hope to catch a sight of them someday soon."

@confusedheart326

"I met half the Italian national football team once while shopping. When I realised who they were, I immediately called my friend. As she told me she's 5 minutes away, i followed at a distance to keep them in my sight, but they sort of noticed me when they went in a perfume shop so I asked for a photo with them and one even sprayed his newly bought perfume on me."

@agenth

"I have seen this one really famous cricketer in domestic airport while travelling, but I was just like "Oh, its him", and then continued reading my book. Wasn't really my favorite cricketer." :D

@Sleepy Owl

37h6pijgeau41.jpg?auto=webp&s=4913defd19

We look forward to reading your stories.

As always, if you do have any event ideas, do reach out to us. :dorakiss:

Your Event Organizers

@partyon @confusedheart326 @Sleepy Owl @agenth @Lmangla

Tagging:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual @Rockman @SilverDawn @Amirr @xiashenghan @larus @sadthe1st @Sarang21 @mirmz @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu @elan1 @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  @celebrianna  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline @HappyVibes @HR. @Lara2020  @graceyco @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @LAARNI @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @Sunnnnny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo @Reena @ELFlamingo @Rogue85 @shipper @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar @hushhh @reiko @@sinhvichuchu @danisnk222 @naul  

@choco milo @reasilvi @dolorisbrady @Fangirl22 @willenette @rocher22 @NPR @africandramalover @Itsmylifeboss @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535 @croquembouche2018 @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest @QueenieBee @Babam @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu  @kismet22 @rita96 @Missprincesa @Miadee @stellalafemme @Asgarla @vangsweetie637 @Indianfan @haha1999 @BinjinFangirl @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara @im0202 @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@vajandi @tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy @gnyaa @hahanzyy @superspace @Kool @Gina Nazario @Ding77  @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @Tracie13 @rukizie @kaykafisyah @cafe99 @danisnk222 @liv_well @kittyna @joybran @Edgar Pordwed @LiB for Velvet @samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33 @izziemazzie @Yippeun_eonnie @Joanna Alfson @kireeti2 @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @ssteph @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236 @firebabe @inspiredbyshj @Mikayla Holloway @weirdnshort @sakurapotter @gy_pyang_gy @katakwasabi   @SophieH  @Minbongyi  @Alice Wonderland  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah  @strongtower @PeVe @Nodame @booha @iksunijini @forme26 fi @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella @Mocharel @westley @maria_m2me  @Adwina Oltariani @pauliza @Lj @princessaves  @mocha @valinor500 @Spring Mood  @FanMode101 @Soar Wi @Lyricalstars @agenth @anyeze 

@Aolian @fragola @ncly @Olea @Denali @hola2jin @SCSfanz @selen4ever @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz @makyno @tsukino7 @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple @blingbling @billroberts @miraliyana90 @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @sora sora @eLizza @Ms.sunshine @vangie_bicera @tothestars  

@pad-hari  @Lavenderpurple @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O @annaR @Jinnie @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen @adzukibean_rcl @SophieH @Poppy517  @Heretorant @gutterland @Phoenix26  @lexicon  @mademoisellesia @Areumdaun @extrodinairey @Senseandstyle  @MineunGoals  @erfatm @pixie0622  

@asiaren  @Poppy517 @Alila N @binderclips123 @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby @doralok  @belena @NYdoc @HappyForLove @Jernie @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @Blithenostalgia @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule @Combsmania  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat  @Calli  @morganian  @lovehuche  @confusedheart326  @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed  @iluvcalculus  @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.  @fanofr  

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve @Rumaizah Muhammed @Ching Geraldizo @lebeaucouple @Ameera Ali @Emily Bett @willenette @madmad min @LeftCoastOppa @rocher22 @MayanEcho @Wuzetian @larus @gm4queen @sadthe1st

@Prettysavage @andy78 @Glam @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c @admonike @Maliah @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr @-JC- @jangmi92_ @dashling_ice @jessdsc @aimeeyoung @arushi nair @Songbae @D27Gjk68 @Winny @LeftCoastOppa @Ameera Ali @Emily Bett  @Sunset @youactlikeicare @stella_512 @Kdramabae @Yumiyue @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00 @Chibi8535 @inaho101 @Madu Mita  @JungRok @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz @miss_vicky 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 3

:waves: guys!

Thank you so much @partyon chingu for tagging me on this one! :lol:

Ha ha ha.. I haven't ever met my Daniel oppa but I've got myself a local story about a local actor to share! :D

Well, in my school days there was a local actor who was considered as a sensation among ladies in Sri Lanka. Oh yeah, he was so handsome back then and now he is over 50! :o Can't even believe that myself! We've watched almost his every drama! Yeah, I still remember! And he is popular for producing local children tv series. I never though I would ever see a celebrity standing next to me. But it was one day that me & my family members were out for shopping many years ago. I remember we stopped by a cafe to have some snacks and when we were heading back, the said actor arrived the cafe with some friends. OH MY GOD?? :scream: I was literary shocked and I showed him to my family members immediately... "Look, it's him! it's him".. I think he was taller than everyone else at the cafe and it's my very first time to see a celebrity I like in public. Never had a chance to ask for an autograph but I still cherish the moment when I met him for the first time. :lol:

Spoiler

Channa-Perera-89.jpg

He he.. My story is too short! No climax at all! :joy:

Can't wait to read the stories by other chingus here! :getmygrooveon:

• Like 9
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 2

Thank you @partyon for tagging me.

I still hold vivid memories attending Lee Min Ho tour to Malaysia in year 2013.

Young teenagers of all races crowded the whole place with banners, placards, ballons etc

I was overwhelming to see some elders in wheelchair & walkers too. That’s the power of LMH.

When LMH walked out to the stage, those girls from my left and side seats started yelling and shouting out loud “OPPA SARANGHAE”..  The yelling was so intense that I could not hear what LMH was saying.

I was seated like 200m away from the stage, could see he is tall and slim and his face is small.

:love:

And when he started to sing the song “Say Yes”,  those teenagers were dancing and singing to the beat of the song.  I wanted to join in too, but then I hesitated cause I am a lousy dancer.

:w00t:

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 1

44 minutes ago, larus said:

Nice read, chingus! For me it is easy. I never met a celebrity. If I will meet one, i will be like @Sleepy Owl. Oh, it is him/her! :w00t:

Well, I think I would be the same as I was back then when I met that sportsperson in most of the cases, except for 2. 

I think I would love to meet and chat a little with Jang Nara, maybe have a photo with her too, since Jang Nara is love :heart2beat:

sell-your-haunted-house-still.png

And the second person I would really love to meet is, Gianluigi Buffon. I have admired his Goal keeping skills since the Fifa World cup 2006, and being a goal keeper myself during my school and college days (I still play in the same post though), I have always looked up to him.

Gianluigi-Buffon-World-of-Tanks-954832.j

@larus, @ferily Chingus, since you have not met a celeb yet, if you were to meet one, who would it be? (I think I know@larus's answer for this :joy:)

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Thinking about it... I met one but he was not a celebrity back then. Does that count?

It happened a long time ago. I was on the last day of school expedition (BTW, that was the best school trip I ever had). We are waiting to have the lunch or breakfast at the restaurant in the city where we have to take the train to go home. We are waiting, and waiting in front of the restaurant. We didn`t know why. We found out a little later that we were waiting two girls from the group. They went, without telling the teachers, in a nearby hair salon to have a haircut. :w00t: Now I understand what was in the soul of those two teachers who organized the expedition! We did not have cellphones back than. Back to the story. While we are waiting, we saw from afar someone walking in the crowd, towards us. It was hard not to notice him. It was a giant. One meter above the other pedestrians. When he got to where we were, he entered the same restaurant, leaned in alot and went through the door. When he came out after a while, he told a kid from our group who was probably looking at him insistently: "Why are you starring?" :w00t: We never saw anything this tall. We felt like we saw Gulliver on the land of Lilliput.

After a few years I found out who that man was. He became a famous basketball player who played even in NBA. He was 2.31 m. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@gm4queen Wow! What a story! :love:

@larus 231 cm!?!? :scream: That's impressive! Too bad he wasn't a celebrity back then so that you could have asked for a picture/autograph.

@Thong Thin You have seen LMH? Were there many people at the fan meet? I guess LMH would fill stadiums...

@ferily Is there a certain celebrity you would like to meet? Do share. :kiss_wink:

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng, I have no idea who Giangluigi Buffon is. Does he have abs? :joy:

I have seen/met quite a few celebrities. Here is another story from a few years ago.

I was on a business trip and taking an evening flight. As I was about to board the plane I noticed that there were some interesting looking gentlemen standing in front of me. They looked like a rock band.

As I am horrible with regard to recognizing celebrities I had to text my friend to ask who would be playing in the city I was flying to. Turned out that this was one of the most legendary and famous bands in their music genre.
(No, it was not BTS @kokodus @agenth @YongZura⁷ @Yinye :joy:)

In any case, I sat next to them on the plane, and they were super nice to everyone and not at all scary or rowdy like you would imagine rock bands to be. Never talked to them and never asked them for a selfie or autograph, as I felt like it must be nice for celebrities to be able to relax in peace and quiet on a flight like the rest of us.

Chingus, I put up a poll!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Thanks for tagging me. 

:winkx:

I would love to meet Bogummy one day.  Most of my Bogummy friends met him once or twice already.  I just hope this pandemic ends so he can continue doing his Asia tour fanmeeting and that would be my / our venue to meet him for the first time and again for my friends. 

Well, since Bogum enjoys doing fan meeting, there are thousands of fans that have met him already so the way they describe him is always the same. That he is taller than any fan is expecting and he has a fair skin and he is a like a man doll؛ a pretty man indeed.

So yeah I really look forward to meet him one day. I hope his schedule will be in lined with the stars of my schedule. XD! 

This is a dream come true if the 'The Legendary Meg' happens to me. :P

images-3.jpg

ctto

PS: I have met so many local celebrities in my own country especially during summer when I go to famous beaches or just in the mall.  They don't make my heart flutters compare to the Korean celebrities so I just greeted them politely but some were little rude. Yeah I had an experience with an actress before with rude personality. :partyblob:

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

1 minute ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingus, since you have not met a celeb yet, if you were to meet one, who would it be? (I think I know@larus's answer for this 

I will surprise you. I don`t think I want to meet a celebrity. But... let say that I will happen. Yeah, I will want to meet Kim So yeon . :P

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

That's impressive! Too bad he wasn't a celebrity back then so that you could have asked for a picture/autograph.

Yes, it is. I don`t think I would have asked an autograph. Who has a pen/marker all the time?:D I also think they should be able to relax or not be bothered by people but perhaps they would  like it?

BTW, who was that band? I am curious now. You did not tell us.

8udq.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

27 minutes ago, Sakurafairy said:

PS: I have met so many local celebrities in my own country especially during summer when I go to famous beaches or just in the mall.  They don't make my heart flutters compare to the Korean celebrities so I just greeted them politely but some were little rude. Yeah I had an experience with an actress before with rude personality. :partyblob:

Yeah, sometimes celebrities are totally different from the image we may have of them. Unfortunately, as an avid gossip reader (lol :D ) I read stories about how rude some celebrities actually are in real life. I guess that some of them let their fame go their heads.

Surely there are also very nice celebrities. Keanu Reeves is one of them. :kiss_wink:

24 minutes ago, larus said:

BTW, who was that band? I am curious now. You did not tell us.

lol :D Let's just say that it's an American rock band that doesn't play totally mainstream music. But they are huge in their own genre.

For some reason, I have stumbled upon quite a few famous musicians/bands over the years. Often in airports/airplanes. Guess that's the place to see celebrities?

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

56 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Thong Thin You have seen LMH? Were there many people at the fan meet? I guess LMH would fill stadiums...

YES... I did and could not believe it till today that I finally managed to meet my oppa !

Is once a life time and was really fun to meet so many girls fangirling from all walk of life.

Well, was a good experience and I enjoyed it.

56 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng, I have no idea who Giangluigi Buffon is. Does he have abs? 

:loolz:

shouldn't you be asking if he is tall, slim, handsome or gorgeous :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

I'd like to meet all the characters I have fallen in love with over the years. I think the first character I fell in love with was this character from my first ever Mills and Boon. I secretly read it because of course, it was forbidden. I still have that book. A celebrity whom I'd like to meet is Colin Firth. He isn't particularly handsome or anything but I somehow find his personality, of whatever little I have seen of him, on television during interviews etc, very appealing. There's something very charming about him. A sensible bloke with a great sense of humour. Yes, that might be what draws me to him. Definitely a man with a great sense of humour and humble. He delivers his lines with such a poker face that I can't help but like him.

Of course who can forget his portrayal of Mr. Darcy in BBC's Pride and Prejudice or Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones's Diary? He made such an impression that I liked him way more than the bad boy irresistible Hugh Grant. I think I have watched almost all of his movies.

I'd also like to meet John Thornton from North and South. I fell in love with Richard Armitage since I watched North and South. :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I think I would love to meet and chat a little with Jang Nara, maybe have a photo with her too, since Jang Nara is love

Hey, oppa... :lol: I would definitely join with you to meet Jang Nara unnie any day! OH YEAH.. :dorashakes:

57 minutes ago, larus said:

I will surprise you. I don`t think I want to meet a celebrity. But... let say that I will happen. Yeah, I will want to meet Kim So yeon .

I see you are fully active on her soompi thread as well! Really hope you can meet her someday, chingu! :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

***I got the opportunity to meet RAIN in person when one of his dramas filmed here in my side & our company was the one who handled the production. I must say that it was one of the best moments in my life. There was also a concert followed by a meet & greet event. I was able to be with him & his group all the time. I was always there where they were. I was always at the venue since we were handling the production side. In fact, I posted everything in his thread here about this during the time. He’s always right past me & got to talk to him once in a while. The 1st day I saw him was - I stood there frozen looking at how tall he is (my heart still flutters every time I think about this).Since we’re handling the production, I was fortunate enough to experience the fan-service, like receiving autographs, signed CDs & a free concert ticket from him and most of all - eye contacts hahaha. I remember he had a rehearsal prior the day of his concert & I was there inside the recording room listening to him singing live. It got me pumped up and I literally had goosebumps. I screamed my heart out. I managed to tell him that I’ve been to his concerts many times. I told him also that I watch all his dramas & liked them & he thanked me – LOL- That was precious.  I felt a little nervous to be standing so close to him, & every time I need something to tell & inform him about the drama production he patted me (awww…. he was so sweet). He always bid me goodbye after the day’s end. Every time I remember that experience I am still having this feeling of kind of post syndrome. :heart2beat:

I’ve seen many of these K-stars up close –  like Lee Dong Wook, Hyunbin, Kim Woo Bin,(one of the restos in Seoul)  Park Seo Joon, Seungri,(fan sign event ) & Taecyeon (2PM concert here in my side), & J Park.  I saw LDW at the airport, we were at the same plane. Before pandemic, I was always in Korea every year having my vacation there. It’s nice to see stars up close, even if there is no interaction.  So NICE to see them up close, not just pixels on my TV screen. All these were pretty crazy experiences. Like during one of my visits in Korea, I went to Kamong Café & I saw EXO Kai there. He owns the place. There was a time when we were walking in front of SM Entertainment Building, I saw Boa. When I was in Lotte World, I saw Top. In one of the beaches here in my side, I saw G-dragon. Actually, I saw G-Dragon 2x. I like all of them but I’m a kind of fan that doesn’t barge into their personal space. I don’t take photos of them, I know K-stars don't like this. I saw YG’s Entertainment Yang Hyun Suk & JYP, too.  :twerk2: 

If there’s one celebrity I would like to meet one day, it would be Lee Min Ho. He has been here in my side many times, it’s just that I was always not in-town.  :heart: - To think that I adore this man very much!  :ohboy2:

• Like 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 7
  • Blob 5

I actually don’t seek out any celebrities or go to events to meet them etc. However, in my professional career, have worked with some celebrities both global and local and attended some concerts and unexpectedly met celebrities. My most memorable ones were:

Spoiler

From work:

Most memorable one - Hollywood actress Mira Sorvino. I spent half a day with her for work. She was very kind and professional! Totally genuine in taking action on causes she supports etc. No diva attitude at all. She also spoke very good Mandarin Chinese and is super smart!

From concerts:

Tibetan - Chinese singer 阿兰 Alan Dawa Dolma. This was in Japan since she became famous due to her Japanese songs first but sings in Chinese and Tibetian too. Her vocals are out of this world - hearing it live gave me goose bumps and she plays the Erhu. She is super sweet and very nice. I didn’t want to bother her - just was going to walk by after the concert - but somehow she noticed me - shook my hand and told me thanks for being a fan. In case anyone is interested to hear Tibetian Buddhist music - she is also known for her ballads.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 6
  • Blob 2