Find Your Adventure: Around the World

agenth

Are you a K-Drama enthusiast with a passion for travel? Do you dream of exploring the stunning locations featured in your favorite  dramas? Have you had no opportunity to see those cities and countries in which your favourite couples got together? Look no further!

Welcome to our event where we turn your love for K-Dramas into an exciting travel adventure! 

6f128c21e4c8a4e01a076fd5d7b9982f.gif

🎬 The Challenge:

Here's how it works: 

We'll post clues about Kdramas which featured iconic locations all around the world.

Your mission? Guess the drama and discover its filming location. From bustling city streets to serene countryside landscapes, each location holds its own unique charm.

A clue will have information about the drama and/or filming location, particulars about the story or its country. 

🏆 Collect travel passports & stamps:

Test your knowledge and compete with other members to see who can guess the most dramas correctly. After solving each clue, it leads you to a drama. Follow the trail to the thread, find the correct post in the first or last pages, and experience a new country. We have detailed a small travel itinerary, the best of the best sights and local dishes to enjoy: in particular you can find @partyon's highlights, thanks for sharing your vast experience! 

Afterwards you can get your prize and collect a stamp in your virtual passport. Thanks to @gm4queen for creating the wonderful passports! 

💡 Share Your Favorites:

Have you visited a K-Drama filming location - or the country displayed in a drama? Have you tried the food that they showed? Share your travel experiences, and recommendations with fellow forum members. 

Gay Resist GIF by Alayna Joy

🗓️ Event Schedule: New clues will be posted daily, sometimes even twice. Keep an eye out for updates and join the fun at any time! Don't miss this chance to embark on a virtual journey through the captivating world of Korean dramas. Let's turn our love for K-Dramas into unforgettable travel memories! See you later! ✈️

So pack your bag, ready, set go!

train-to-busan-netflix.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl 

tagging:

Spoiler

MayanEcho  @joccu  @Thong Thin  @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  @superspace  @000231846597  @Wuzetian  @4evrkdrama  @Min2206  @gm4queen  @sadthe1st  @Learry  @larus  @SilverDawn  @singlebilingual  @pompyavi 

@SuZy Leoo  @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  @willenette  @rocher22  @africandramalover  @Pyar  @rogue  @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @RollyPenny  @Megan  @kdramagrandma  @msdot  @CallieP  @syntyche  @Nikaa  @JoannaID  @scrawford  @madmad min  @CarolynH

@tas82  @Gisell Gisell  @Jeannie  @Sakurafairy  @gtLmh0622  @Jiyuu  @kittyna 

@UnniSarah  @booha  @YongZura⁷  @maribella  @pauliza  @valinor500  @flutterby06  @kembie  @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @nrllee  @ktcjdrama  @Biology Lesson

@azureblue7  @Prettysup  @Ayame  @yoeda  @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @morningdew 

@hola2jin  @airgelaal  @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly  @usadango 

@pad-hari  @Naty828  @tofumochu  @Yinye  @Firefly  @SophieH 

@asiaren  @blackberrypie  @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh  @brooksmom  @LeftCoastOppa

@frozentundra  @rogue  @ibru  @itsmeash  @rocat  @Tamakins  @Hannahmiriam  @Rumaizah Muhammed 

@liyahsbutterfly @SC2019  @ferily  @serenilmauve  @Lmangla 

@Lu099  @andy78  @TheQueenReturns  @lilian c  @-jadecloud-  @D27Gjk68  @Sunset  @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae  @chickfactor  @DrBooger  @tiMadam  @hsmz 

@tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321  @Dhakra  @sweetroad  @hyall  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @angela0612  @Kate Llama 

@kimlees  @lduc  @anyeze  @jadore1  @haruhi17  @lila21  @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo 

@TheaN  @wywp  @balletgoddess  @Lusianaaolivary  @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@leo2020  @knkg @Kathy  @Kari Sama  @irilight  @illay  @Haeun  @Fata Morgana  @DreamCatcher2011  @cherry47  @bunnycotton143  @aprilfive  @anzomi  @Annykey  @an-naum  @ammu82  @AkiChan  @0ly40  @-Love Blossom-   

@CupcakeEonni  @Auntie Mame  @Yazusa    @cikqueen   

@SleepyKitty  @marrez1  @suga02pearl    @fieza1871  @Tuiwgn  @lilyphenix  @omiki  

@breakmyheart  @Rollito Deprimavera  @Pinkypoo  @ilovenico @Jcanqueen12 @Newbie21SG @Helena  @caterpillar59

@whome  @u8017  @vintage  @Table122000  @sugarcream  @roli  @Rabbit_Small  @pocca  @Nermeen نرمين   @Man-O-Man  

@mirimiri  @byeolie  @Angelfish  @Lindyloo421  @yamiyugi @Latte_Anyday @Tango27 @jayakris 

All image / gif credits go to their owners

Clue #1

• I was banished to the other side of the world: I should feel lucky, since I have sun and beach and surfing to occupy me in this glorious city. Exiled as I was, I still craved the attention of my family that shunned me due to my mum's standing. Back at school, I*'m again at the top, except for my ex best friend who feels betrayed (and dare I say hurt).

Clue #2

• Grab a cab, and embark on a gritty journey through the neon-lit streets, where a nightly mission of a team becomes a lens into the city's soul. Sequel to a classic tale, this delves deeper into the driver's world, exploring morality, redemption, and the relentless pursuit of justice.

Clue #3

• I have some money saved, and travel to a foreign country with my old, but valuable camera. The camera is broken due to a car accident, but oh wonder I met someone who feels like she can breathe for the first time. I show her around all the sights I experienced in this wonderful sunny city. We say goodbye, and we say hello when we return: Her as the CEO and me as her employee! Oh the scandal! 

Clue #4

• This is my journey from shadows to spotlight (from my past to a new different life), where every step is a testament to resilience and ambition. From humble beginnings of my grandfather to a life adorned with luxury, witness the transformation unfold as history is rewritten. Amidst the glitz and glamour, discover the story of a phoenix rising, where dreams take flight against all odds.

Clue #5

• You pass by a hotel most famous for its divine swimming pool, almost as if you can see all the orchids of the world: a famous shopping street, the beautiful flowers in the gardens. Enter the world of me and my three sisters as we navigate life, love and loss in the pursuit of our dreams. 

Clue #6

• I step from the city onto the scorching sands and rugged terrain: Follow the footsteps of soldiers and doctors as they navigate the battlefield of life and love. In this tale of sacrifice and salvation, watch as hearts collide against duty's call. 

Clue #7

• It's fall season, red leaves fall all around you. Wrapped in your red scarf you travel to the other side of the world in a matter of moments. Maybe you'll find your powerful and centuries old love on the opposite side of the door? 

Clue #8

• Singer or the city, both certainly take our breath away. Don't be too surprised if you chance upon a chaebol heiress and her not so chaebol husband navigating terminal illness in the midst of a crumbling marriage, as we fervently pray for a HEA for our beloved couple. 

Clue  #9:

• Set sail on a mystical voyage: explore the ocean as I transform from mermaid to human. I have to learn how the modern world operates, while secrets spans through oceans and eras. 

Clue #10

• Put on a pair of glasses and delve into the world of a different reality. Play the game, survive, thrive - you forget about the danger in the illustrious exteriors of a foreign palace. 

Clue #11

• Enjoy the green steppes and rugged landscape of this exotic country. You never know, but you might run into a young woman there with braids and extraordinary powers. Why not go horseback riding, try archery or engage in a friendly wrestling match? Just know that she will always beat you. You won't stand a chance (not even if you're a hot tall villain).
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

44 minutes ago, agenth said:

Clue #1

• I was banished to the other side of the world: I should feel lucky, since I have sun and beach and surfing to occupy me in this glorious city. Exiled as I was, I still craved the attention of my family that shunned me due to my mum's standing. Back at school, I*'m again at the top, except for my ex best friend who feels betrayed (and dare I say hurt).

Lemme guess it 

Spoiler

Given it is a beach side,

Sunny 

And most imp. Surfing,

The best friend who feel betrayed ,

- its

The Heirs 

Shooting location - California

tenor-2.gif

tumblr_mwxphwmCfP1t3f3sro4_500.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, agenth said:

Clue #1

travel around the world for free?  -- sounds like it is time for banana milk dance....

Lee Min Ho Banana Dance on Make a GIF 

Spoiler

drama: heirs? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

:waves: guys!

Thank you so much @agenth chingu for the tag! I am always happy to assist you event organizers with forum events! Hope all other chingus will love the passports and stamps I designed myself! :heart:

And speaking about the event, I guess I might skip this one! I am not as expert as you guys when it comes to the K-dramaland! Ha ha ha.. :joy: Don't mind me, anyway...

Have fun, everyone! Gonna be back later.... :piggydance:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Lemme guess it 

I would never have guessed it. This is a drama I wouldn't have watched back in the day, even if someone had paid me to

:sweats:

And it featured my oppa :grimace:

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And speaking about the event, I guess I might skip this one!

Since you designed the stamps, you already know which drama threads they are on... :joy:

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

travel around the world for free?  -- sounds like it is time for banana milk dance....

Or a shoulder to lean on, sweetie? :kiss_wink:

choi+jin+hyuk+lee+min+ho+the+heirs.jpg

1 hour ago, rocat said:

I remember the place for the glitz and the palm prints embedded in the sidewalk :lol: 

I remember standing in line forever in a famous amusement park :unamused:

Where are my game loving chingus at?

@YongZura⁷ @larus @joccu @Sakurafairy @azureblue7 @ktcjdrama @itsmeash @angela0612 @madmad min @willenette @sweetroad @rocher22 @maribella @tiMadam @yamiyugi @alleram95 @dramafan33 @liyahsbutterfly @kokodus @MayanEcho

Pali !!!! Let's go!

Run Running GIF by BBC Three

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

48 minutes ago, partyon said:

I would never have guessed it. This is a drama I wouldn't have watched back in the day, even if someone had paid me to

:sweats:

And it featured my oppa :grimace:

I was in my "soo whipped for him" Era back in the day Eonni @partyon

Heirs was my first live kdrama that i watched, and i rewatched it several times as i was waiting for the next eps.

On a side note

I liked bof 100× more than Heirs (no hate though) but watched it then for my "then" Oppa, my "first" Oppa :hwaiting2:

• LOL 6

14 hours ago, agenth said:

@4evrkdrama and @Lmangla did you manage to collect the stamp in the corresponding thread? :D

Once you guess the drama, you can find the location in the drama thread :)

couldn't find the stamp. where in the drama thread are we supposed to look? the drama has 1000+ pages. back in the day, when soompi was super active!!!! 

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 4

19 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

couldn't find the stamp. where in the drama thread are we supposed to look? the drama has 1000+ pages. back in the day, when soompi was super active!!!! 

You can find the stamp and corresponding guide text somewhere on the first page of the drama thread :)

Did you visit the location yet, @Lmangla, @4evrkdrama, @rocat, @gm4queen ? In real life, I mean. :D If so, what did you enjoy the most?

In any case, I'm here to drop another clue, for you and anyone else who wants to join:

Clue #2

• Grab a cab, and embark on a gritty journey through the neon-lit streets, where a nightly mission of a team becomes a lens into the city's soul. Sequel to a classic tale, this delves deeper into the driver's world, exploring morality, redemption, and the relentless pursuit of justice.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3

3 hours ago, agenth said:

Did you visit the location yet, @Lmangla, @4evrkdrama, @rocat, @gm4queen ? In real life, I mean. :D If so, what did you enjoy the most?

I think…Space Mountain and the glitzy bits of the place. Kekeke. I never stayed past 2-3 days the times I was there - always transiting. Napa Valley is where I want to head to in future if I get the chance to go back. 

3 hours ago, agenth said:

Clue #2

Didn’t watch this…

• Blob 6

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

not sure about clue #2 but I think it had to do with one of teh dramas @LeftCoastOppa loved...

Let's see the stamp for this one sweetie!

:wow1:

2 hours ago, rocat said:

Napa Valley is where I want to head to in future if I get the chance to go back. 

You'll love it. For the views and the ambiance. Not sure about the wine. :grimace:

Spoiler

I'm European after all

:emmm:

Sorry chingus :bawling:

2 hours ago, rocat said:

Didn’t watch this…

Extra clue for people who are struggling with Clue #2. It is a bit difficult if you haven't watched it.

Party Ride GIF

Help Me Taxi GIF by Rise at Seven

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Well I wouldn't say I "loved" it ... :rolleyes:

Well done finding the stamp! :coolshades:

Has anyone visited the city featured in today's clue? Learning how to navigate past all the millions of motorbikes in the city was the scariest part for me. :sweatingbullets:

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, partyon said:

ou'll love it. For the views and the ambiance. Not sure about the wine

I have a liking for fruits and rolling hills but not so much alcohol. :D Unless they are light, tasty and have particularly interesting names …like Dark ‘N Stormy, a drink of dark rum and ginger beer that emerged from Bermuda at the end of WW1.

Almost all the French I know are vocal about their wines…

Extra clue for people who are struggling with Clue #2. It is a bit difficult if you haven't watched it.

Hehe…thanks. I kinda guessed it with the neon signs and life on the road bit. Entertained the thought of watching it but didn’t.  

Has anyone visited the city featured in today's clue? Learning how to navigate past all the millions of motorbikes in the city was the scariest part for me.

I did! Not too long ago too on the way to Da Lat. The Cafe Apartments - I like. So many cafes in one building where government dormitories used to be. Also transited so didn’t stay too long but it felt very city-ish. Much prefer its more cultural counterpart in the north. 

• Love 2
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

not sure about clue #2 but I think it had to do with one of teh dramas @LeftCoastOppa loved...

close! re-read the second line of the clue, and you may be onto something...

35 minutes ago, rocat said:

so many cafes in one building where government dormitories used to be.

oooh!! are the coffees good there? 

Recently I've been to Melbourne and their coffees are really out of this world!

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Well I wouldn't say I "loved" it ... :rolleyes:

do you want to try solving clue nr 1 as well?

• Blob 5

13 minutes ago, agenth said:

ooh!! are the coffees good there? 

Recently I've been to Melbourne and their coffees are really out of this world!

Yes :blush: They have the local variety - dark liquid out of a phin with condensed milk, and the more unique ones they are famous for like egg coffee. 

They do specialty too but mostly out of robusta beans. They’re stronger and more bitter than their Arabica friends but the Viet coffee growers and baristas are doing a good job of making the drink nice though I would not choose to drink a pour over there. 

Melbourne is third wave coffee haven! Their Chais are also very good. Which cafe did you like best? :)

• Blob 5

On 4/26/2024 at 6:34 PM, agenth said:

Welcome to our event where we turn your love for K-Dramas into an exciting travel adventure! 

A new game! YAY. Thanks to all of you who organized this interesting game. 

I hope I can find the clues.

• Love 2
  • Blob 3

On 4/26/2024 at 6:34 PM, agenth said:

Clue #2

The first clue.... I don`t have any idea. I tried to search a drama after some key words.... beach... surfing... school... but no luck.

The second clue...I did not watch the drama but it was easy.

Spoiler

VR_Passport_1.6.jpg?ex=662d87d8&is=662c3

• Love 1
  • Blob 4