EVENT: Celebrity Sightings - Spill the Tea

partyon

Poll: Celebrity Sightings  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of celebrity would you like to meet? (multiple choice)

• My favorite oppa, of course!
    • My favorite actress
    • A sports figure and/ or team
    • A politician
    • My favorite writer
    • That kdrama script writer who messed up the ending of my oppa's drama. I have feedback.
    • A singer / kpop band
    • An inspirational person I look up to
    • My favorite TV personality / news anchor
    • Someone from the royal family
    • A YouTuber/Tik Toker/social influencer
    • A local celebrity
    • A famous designer / model
    • My favorite painter, sculptor, etc
    • Someone else. Who?
  2. 2. What would you do if you were to meet your favorite celebrity? (multiple choice)

• I would admire them from afar
    • I would go up to them and ask them for a date / to hang out with me
    • I would ignore them
    • I would take a selfie with them (in secret)
    • I would ask them for a selfie/autograph
    • I would stalk them
    • I wouldn't recognize them - I have horrible facial recognition skills
    • I have friends/family who are celebrities - I hang out with them all the time
    • I would faint
    • I am a celebrity!
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. Have you tried to meet a celebrity?

• Yes, I checked their schedule and tried to do it.
    • Never thought about it, but now that it is mentioned, I may give it a shot
    • I am too lazy to do it
    • No.
    • I am the chairman of the fanclub
    • So much that I got a restraining order - lol

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/25/2021 at 04:00 PM

31 minutes ago, partyon said:

Omo! Please tell me it was Backstreet Boys!

@backstreetboysfan will surely be impressed too :glasses:

Hahaha! Surely I'm going to date myself with these revelations, but the fan club was for a band called DC Talk. They were well-known in my circles back then. Toby Mac is a solo artist now - he's older and has put out a ton of albums in his long career, first with DC Talk and later by himself.

And the boy band I was obsessed with was New Kids on the Block!!! (totally dating myself now, ha!) Backstreet Boys came later - I had outgrown boy bands by then - but the fervor of BB fans totally reminded me of myself as an NKOTB fan, if not even more fervent. :D

@backstreetboysfanHave you met BB?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

Thanks for the tag @partyon

As a kid I've seen some of them, often in hotel restrooms or in the malls. :)

Was classmates or schoolmates with a few, and they're quite as normal as can be, except that there'll be times they're still in full make up coming to classes/school because they're coming straight from their filming or photo shoots.

One of them was my seat mate , and had given me a pic (didn't ask, she just gave). If that pic comes out, it will destroy the popular narrative of how the drama was filmed. Moreover, the actor in that pic will find it hard to explain it as well, LOL. 

Then I've seen more of them celebrities in HOR, during meetings, deliberations, or at the lift. :lol: I live somewhere else now, but still in touch with some of the folks I've met there.

Never asked any of them for pics and autographs, but if I'll do that one day, it will be Gillian Anderson.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 4

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

One of them was my seat mate , and had given me a pic (didn't ask, she just gave). If that pic comes out, it will destroy the popular narrative of how the drama was filmed. Moreover, the actor in that pic will find it hard to explain it as well, LOL.

What?!!!! You can't drop a juicy nugget like that and not explain it! Super curious here what drama you're talking about and the person/ people you're talking about! :D:D

• LOL 9

@hsmz and @Ameera Ali That sounds like a good plan. I would like to be a cat to meet Lee Min-ki (Because This Is My First Life).  :wub:

@the_sweetroad

49 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

YES to both of these! Colin Firth and John Thornton (the North and South book is even better than the miniseries, by the way! :) ). Colin Firth is such a gifted actor; I was thrilled when he won his Oscar. There used to be a website dedicated to him called afirthionados.com. I was a regular visitor.

I totally agree. But I watched the series first and then read the book. I was so taken in by Richard Armitage and the way he played the character of John Thornton that I had to read it. I loved it, of course. Thanks for sharing the website. I might lurk there. :ph34r: He does all kinds of characters so well.

51 minutes ago, partyon said:

I would love to meet some writers to have a word or two about how they ruined the plot / endings of some great dramas. For example the writers of:

1) Mr Queen

2) VIP

3) The Last Empress :rage:

4) Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol

5) Barf drama (aka Love ft Marriage and Divirce)

6) Flower of Evil

etc

@partyon True! There are too many K-drama oppas. :wub: Thanks to @Ameera Ali I have now broadened my horizon. :P

But those three are my 'Ultimate Oppas and Unnis'. I voted for them too. :D  And yes to all the dramas you mentioned. I think they should let us write the conclusion. We, the members at Soompi do a much better job of coming up with a conclusion. :lol: We give them ideas for freeeeeeeeeeeeee! :glasses:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

I was kind of zapped by Q1 as there is no celebrity that I would want to meet. maybe at times like @confusedheart326, felt it would be cool to meet a certain character that you have come to adore but mostly no one. so after thinking a bit, it is not really a celebrity but I think if I could meet anyone, I would love to meet some of the architects of all these ancient buildings and monuments and find out what is it about their style of construction that it is still standing today. how did they build these buildings with limited engineering knowledge and no fancy technology and yet these buildings are more sturdy than any of our modern architecture. why? 

if I had to tie into a kdrama, then I would like to meet the original princess behind the silly saeguk Kim Suro. maybe it was good but I was bored and dropped it. shrug. so anyway, the story is based on the legend of the princess Heo Hwang-ok (who this king Kim Suro eventually married). according to legend, she was an Indian princess who traveled to korea for some reason. you can read wiki about it if curious. so yea, it would be interesting to interview her and find out why she traveled, what were her impressions on landing on this foreign country and how did she adjust to her new surroundings. 

b6423ce18537535c89f7caaa985fd1a1.jpg

so yea, not really celebs I would like to meet of the modern era other than folks who would satisfy my intellectual curiosity. though if I ever ran into prince harry at an airport, I would roll my eyes and shake my head and think to myself "what are thinking? please stop your whining and do it in private..." :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, partyon said:

Keanu Reeves is one of them. :kiss_wink:

Oh yeah, I also heard about him being so nice. I also love Keanu Reeves and watch most of his films and my fave is 'A Walk in the Clouds'. 

@willenette oh that was great experience for you. So you have been to one of his Asia Tour fan meetings.  I hope I  get to meet him one day just like you experienced.:shaq:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

I attended few of the famous celebrity singers at their concerts including Michael Jackson singer (MoonWalker), will that be counted as well?  :D

In general, I am quite lucky that I met a few local celebrities by chance, if we  look closely, some of them even look prettier in real person than in TV series.

Two popular female celebrities that I met before, behaved the opposite when we met in real life, when asked for taking group photo, they shown impatient attitude. One was in my home country, while another one was in Canada. 

Another closer contact was the British rock star and singer, Rod Steward, saw him in Toronto, Canada during Canadian National day. I saw him at close contact, he was not tall, but his husky voice and blonde spiky hair were always be his trademark :) 

Who will be the next celebrity that I wish to see in real life?

There are too many to choose, but what I prefer to see him/her is the attitude towards his/her fans - how they react and behave to their fans, be it asking for autograph or taking picture together. 

If i am lucky, I would like to meet my favourite stars Keanu Reeves and Ryan Gosling, I read a lot about them and they both have kind hearts and generosity and that compliment was not merely from their fans, but it also included those persons who have worked closely and long term with them before. :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

And the boy band I was obsessed with was New Kids on the Block!!! (totally dating myself now, ha!) Backstreet Boys came later - I had outgrown boy bands by then - but the fervor of BB fans totally reminded me of myself as an NKOTB fan, if not even more fervent. :D

Believe it or not, there are more ahjummas on this forum than you would believe. :DSurely many have been obsessed with NKOTB :D

mixtape tour hangin tough GIF by New Kids On The Block

What?!!!! You can't drop a juicy nugget like that and not explain it! Super curious here what drama you're talking about and the person/ people you're talking about! :D:D

I agree with this. @MayanEcho chingu, do give us a few more clues :D

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Another closer contact was the British rock star and singer, Rod Steward, saw him in Toronto, Canada during Canadian National day. I saw him at close contact, he was not tall, but his husky voice and blonde spiky hair were always be his trademark :)

Ooh, Rod Stewart! He must have been charismatic. He has a very distinctive voice. :kiss_wink:

For chingus who don't know Rod Stewart:

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

If i am lucky, I would like to meet my favourite stars Keanu Reeves and Ryan Gosling, I read a lot about them and they both have kind hearts and generosity and that compliment was not merely from their fans, but it also included those persons who have worked closely and long term with them before. :heart:

Chingu, Keanu Reeves is love. :heart: I would be too happy to meet my ultimate oppa!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

I meet my local celebrities really often.  in the street, cafe or in the bus/metro.  

My old teammate is friends with some one my country´s big NHL stars. So one night when we were clubbing we actually bumped into them and spent the rest in the night with them. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Believe it or not, there are more ahjummas on this forum than you would believe. :DSurely many have been obsessed with NKOTB :D

YESSSSS!!!! This forum is our escape from the daily grind :lol:

And thanks for posting the NKOTB gif! Brings back so many good memories. I loved them so much. 

:rickroll:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@the_sweetroad @partyon The popular narrative, complete with "footages" in their press releases, was that the lead actress did not have doubles, that she did all the acting for the identical multiple siblings in the drama, and that with skilled video editing that all siblings are acting in one frame.

Classmate is acting and voicing one of the siblings. :lol: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

I guess we're a bit obsessed with gossip. Especially royal gossip

LOL,  European royals would always have something written about them, but IMO, the Thai monarch, no offence to Thai Soompiers, can easily match them.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 6

29 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@the_sweetroad @partyon The popular narrative, complete with "footages" in their press releases, was that the lead actress did not have doubles, that she did all the acting for the identical multiple siblings in the drama, and that with skilled video editing that all siblings are acting in one frame.

Classmate is acting and voicing one of the siblings. :lol: 

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing!

Dang, though. Your classmate was shafted!! :tears: I feel angry on her behalf that she wasn't acknowledged. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing!

Dang, though. Your classmate was shafted!! :tears: I feel angry on her behalf that she wasn't acknowledged. :lol:

Classmate does some acting and modeling, but she was fine with that project as one of the doubles. Not only was it lucrative, she got to work closely with that lead actress for 2 years. ^_^

• Like 6
  • Blob 5

@partyon thanks for posting Rod stewart video, it brought back lots of memories for me. One of his top popular songs shown below - "I don't want to talk about it" and "Have I told you lately that I love you", and many more...

I have downloaded the following song for my phone ringtone :) :heart:

The guitar song is really irresistible...

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

My closest celebrity encounter is Bazzi. He actually went to the same elementary school with me for a year and we were MSN buddies for years before we lost contact. He and I recently reconnected when I was invited to a concert and found out it was my friend Andrew (now Bazzi) who was the opening act! We reconnected and he later invited me to his own concert where we hung out later and caught up on life. Still really great friends with him and he's very down to Earth despite the fame he's finally achieved. 

Other influencers/celebrities I'm very close to are an NBA player (elementary school), the first female figure skater in the UAE (high school), and an ex-actor who was in shows like Zack Files, Black Hole High, a ton of Canadian kids shows.

For Korean celebrities, I've meet Lee Sang Yoon at a music festival in Seoul in 2019 and for a few years, I've had mutual friends with Kim Go Eun.

Other than that, I've met a few celebrities through meet and greets such as Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, Taylor Swift, the Jonas Brothers, and Rihanna. I've also watched the cast of Suits (including Megan Markle) filming multiple times because they filmed near my old university. I never went up to say hi because I didn't want to disturb them but it's definitely very cool to have seen them.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 1

I met Matt LeBlanc at work.  He was very nice and allowed us to take pictures with him.  As I'm writing this, I'm wondering what happened to those pictures.  

The biggest celebrities that I missed?  Biggest regret is missing JFK Jr, who dropped in at work.  I think he was promoting his magazine, George.  Guess who was on vacation when he stopped in ---argh!   The closest I've been to LMH is at KCON in LA.  My friend and I went after we heard he would be there.  We didn't have ticket, though:tears:.  I think some tickets were being scalped from $500!  So close, yet so far....I did get to see Javabeans and Girlfriday, (then from Dramabeans and currently with The Swoon) who were also giving a talk at KCON.  I didn't know who they were at the time.  People were feverishly taking notes!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 4

16 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Hahaha! Surely I'm going to date myself with these revelations, but the fan club was for a band called DC Talk. They were well-known in my circles back then. Toby Mac is a solo artist now - he's older and has put out a ton of albums in his long career, first with DC Talk and later by himself.

@backstreetboysfanHave you met BB?

I have seen New Kids on the Block in concert when they did the tour with BSB. I have see seen 5 BSB concerts and was able to meet BSB three times so far.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 5