EVENT: Celebrity Sightings - Spill the Tea

partyon

Poll: Celebrity Sightings  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of celebrity would you like to meet? (multiple choice)

• My favorite oppa, of course!
    • My favorite actress
    • A sports figure and/ or team
    • A politician
    • My favorite writer
    • That kdrama script writer who messed up the ending of my oppa's drama. I have feedback.
    • A singer / kpop band
    • An inspirational person I look up to
    • My favorite TV personality / news anchor
    • Someone from the royal family
    • A YouTuber/Tik Toker/social influencer
    • A local celebrity
    • A famous designer / model
    • My favorite painter, sculptor, etc
    • Someone else. Who?
  2. 2. What would you do if you were to meet your favorite celebrity? (multiple choice)

• I would admire them from afar
    • I would go up to them and ask them for a date / to hang out with me
    • I would ignore them
    • I would take a selfie with them (in secret)
    • I would ask them for a selfie/autograph
    • I would stalk them
    • I wouldn't recognize them - I have horrible facial recognition skills
    • I have friends/family who are celebrities - I hang out with them all the time
    • I would faint
    • I am a celebrity!
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. Have you tried to meet a celebrity?

• Yes, I checked their schedule and tried to do it.
    • Never thought about it, but now that it is mentioned, I may give it a shot
    • I am too lazy to do it
    • No.
    • I am the chairman of the fanclub
    • So much that I got a restraining order - lol

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/25/2021 at 04:00 PM

8 hours ago, Emily Bett said:

For Korean celebrities, I've meet Lee Sang Yoon at a music festival in Seoul in 2019 and for a few years, I've had mutual friends with Kim Go Eun.

Other than that, I've met a few celebrities through meet and greets such as Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, Taylor Swift, the Jonas Brothers, and Rihanna. I've also watched the cast of Suits (including Megan Markle) filming multiple times because they filmed near my old university. I never went up to say hi because I didn't want to disturb them but it's definitely very cool to have seen them.

Wow chingu, you've met so many international celebrities! :glasses:

@Lmangla @confusedheart326 @agenth @Sleepy Owl Someone who has met Meghan Markle!!!!! We must interview @Emily Bett in depth! Maybe she wants to join our gossip chat....?

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

So gotta ask you about Lee Sang Yoon. Is he as wooden IRL as he often is in his dramas? Ahem... haha

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I met Matt LeBlanc at work.  He was very nice and allowed us to take pictures with him.  As I'm writing this, I'm wondering what happened to those pictures.  

He seems to be such a sweetheart... :heart:

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

The biggest celebrities that I missed?  Biggest regret is missing JFK Jr, who dropped in at work.  I think he was promoting his magazine, George.  Guess who was on vacation when he stopped in ---argh!   The closest I've been to LMH is at KCON in LA.  My friend and I went after we heard he would be there.  We didn't have ticket, though:tears:.  I think some tickets were being scalped from $500!  So close, yet so far....I did get to see Javabeans and Girlfriday, (then from Dramabeans and currently with The Swoon) who were also giving a talk at KCON.  I didn't know who they were at the time.  People were feverishly taking notes!

Apparently JFK Jr. was very handsome IRL. Too bad you missed his visit. :tears:

Javabeans and Girlfriday are legendary!

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I have seen New Kids on the Block in concert when they did the tour with BSB. I have see seen 5 BSB concerts and was able to meet BSB three times so far.

As expected! You are a true fan and give justice to your forum name! :glasses:

i want it that way millennium GIF by BACKSTREET BOYS

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, partyon said:

So gotta ask you about Lee Sang Yoon. Is he has wooden IRL as he often is in his dramas? Ahem... haha

OMG the complete opposite, he was chilling and dancing with his friends at the festival, I was so shocked! The whole calm demeanour is probably just an image thing.

BTW Meghan Markle is just ethereal in real life. This was a few years before she started dating Harry, never knew she would end up with my favourite prince hahaha.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

I did not meet meet a celebrity but had an encounter with them, I was 6/7 years old, and They were one of the Best Hairstylist's back then in India. I saw them while my mother was shopping for Fish in a Fish market.

Apparently their choice of Fish also came from the same place. Lol...talk about Celebs buying fish like Normal People do, it was weirdly fun hahahah.

• Which celebrity would you really like to meet one day?

No One, I like to keep my illusion of them being something unattainable and Not Normal like we are, Keeps my expectation down low Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 5

12 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I have seen New Kids on the Block in concert when they did the tour with BSB. I have see seen 5 BSB concerts and was able to meet BSB three times so far.

Amazing, and so fun!

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:

The biggest celebrities that I missed?  Biggest regret is missing JFK Jr, who dropped in at work.  I think he was promoting his magazine, George. 

He and his wife were such an elegant couple. It was so sad when they died. So much tragedy for their poor families. :(

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 4

10 hours ago, Emily Bett said:

BTW Meghan Markle is just ethereal in real life. This was a few years before she started dating Harry, never knew she would end up with my favourite prince hahaha.

Chingu, please tell us more!

The Kid Mero What GIF by Desus & Mero

3 hours ago, madmad min said:

Apparently their choice of Fish also came from the same place. Lol...talk about Celebs buying fish like Normal People do, it was weirdly fun hahahah.

True! My ultimate oppa Keanu Reeves rides the NY subway like any other New Yorker. :love:

• Which celebrity would you really like to meet one day?

No One, I like to keep my illusion of them being something unattainable and Not Normal like we are, Keeps my expectation down low Lol. 

Exactly! What if you meet your favorite oppa and they turned out to be a total psycho or really rude player type of guy. Aigoo.... One could never watch a drama with that oppa again. :scream:

@the_sweetroad JFK Jr and his wife Carolyn made such a handsome couple. I still remember how much everyone admired Carolyn's simple yet elegant wedding dress.

0266687bcac6cec54de2cfc5e7b1fdbb.jpg

@Lmangla @confusedheart326 @Emily Bett I remember reading news reports about Meghan Markle looking up to Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy. Not sure how true those news reports are.

@cherkell Come here and share your Ji Chang Wook oppa stories. :kiss_wink:  @agenth will be so happy!

:transforms:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

On 7/21/2021 at 12:39 PM, confusedheart326 said:

A celebrity whom I'd like to meet is Colin Firth. He isn't particularly handsome or anything but I somehow find his personality, of whatever little I have seen of him, on television during interviews etc, very appealing.

I was travelling from London to Paris in 2008 and there he was, in the same BA lounge with us. I didn't notice him at first. A lady seated next to me, must have been in her 40s started saying OMG!! Mr Darcy! Mr Darcy! I love Jane Austen, so I turned to see where Mr Darcy was and that's when I saw Colin Firth. I didn't go up to meet him because I'm a coward like that, plus his flight was called a few minutes later. Upside, me and that lady talked about our love for Jane Austen until our flights were called for boarding. I'd just attended the JA festival in Bath.:D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

18 minutes ago, partyon said:

Exactly! What if you meet your favorite oppa and they turned out to be a total psycho or really rude player type of guy. Aigoo.... One could never watch a drama with that oppa again

haha Reading the controversy is enough to ruin the mood, I am one person who cannot see the show of the actor who badmouths my Bias Lol (I follow cbiz more than Kbiz, so its a firework day there everyday lol), I cannot imagine the horror if a Celeb I love who appears so well mannered onscreen turns out a rude man it will Hurt true that.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

Not really a celebrity encounter, but my aunt's ex had done some work for my favorite monster truck driver many, many years ago so when they were still together I was able to talk to the guy on the phone once. Of course, I was really young so that was a weird and awkward phone conversation. lol. That's the closest I've ever gotten. Unless you also count a monster trucks on the beach show where I got to get some autographs from a few of the drivers.

9 hours ago, Emily Bett said:

OMG the complete opposite, he was chilling and dancing with his friends at the festival, I was so shocked! The whole calm demeanour is probably just an image thing.

I would love to meet Meghan!! Have been a fan of her since Suits!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

I remembered three more celebrity sightings!

When I was a teenager I was with my parents at a conference in Asia. The country's prime minister attended the last dinner of the week.  My friend and I decided we wanted to go up to the prime minister's table and toast him. So we did. :D He was very taken aback but I think he enjoyed the attention!

Once at SFO we saw Bob Ctvrtlik, US Men's Volleyball gold medal winner at the 1988 Seoul Olympics. Their team had been so amazing to watch during the Olympics (anyone else remember that?!) and I was thrilled to see him standing on a moving walkway near us.

And in the 2000's we were at a movie theater and we saw former Chicago Bull Bill Cartwright walk out of the theater with his wife. He is very tall. :lol:

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 3

I have also met the cast of the Canadian show Life with Derek, I have met  Shania Twain a few times, The band Glass Tiger(When I was younger at a music Festival) And a few years ago I met Stephen Amell(The Green Arrow) at Fan Exo.

23 hours ago, partyon said:

As expected! You are a true fan and give justice to your forum name! 

Aww, they were so sweet.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 2

15 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I was travelling from London to Paris in 2008 and there he was, in the same BA lounge with us. I didn't notice him at first. A lady seated next to me, must have been in her 40s started saying OMG!! Mr Darcy! Mr Darcy! I love Jane Austen, so I turned to see where Mr Darcy was and that's when I saw Colin Firth. I didn't go up to meet him because I'm a coward like that, plus his flight was called a few minutes later. Upside, me and that lady talked about our love for Jane Austen until our flights were called for boarding. I'd just attended the JA festival in Bath.:D

Chingu, you have seen Colin Firth? :scream: Who can forget Mr. Darcy's lake scene? Women all over the world fell for Colin Firth after seeing him in a wet shirt. :love:

p033578l.jpg

14 hours ago, itsmeash said:

Not really a celebrity encounter, but my aunt's ex had done some work for my favorite monster truck driver many, many years ago so when they were still together I was able to talk to the guy on the phone once. Of course, I was really young so that was a weird and awkward phone conversation. lol. That's the closest I've ever gotten. Unless you also count a monster trucks on the beach show where I got to get some autographs from a few of the drivers.

I've never been to a monster truck show, but I can only imagine they are really big! It looks pretty exciting actually. :partyblob:

monster truck GIF

6 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

When I was a teenager I was with my parents at a conference in Asia. The country's prime minister attended the last dinner of the week.  My friend and I decided we wanted to go up to the prime minister's table and toast him. So we did. :D He was very taken aback but I think he enjoyed the attention!

Haha :D Bet he was surprised.

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I have met  Shania Twain a few times,

What is Shania Twain like? I remember her being really popular back in the day all over the world. :kiss_wink: Her song "That Don't Impress Me Much" was the talk of the town because of her mentioning Brad Pitt and not being impressed by that. :joy:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 4

17 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Oh I am so envious of you! I wish I could see him from a distance too. He comes across as a thorough gentleman. :wub: His British-ness oozes out of him from the way he carries himself. Quintessentially A Brit in every sense of the word.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Chingu, you have seen Colin Firth? :scream: Who can forget Mr. Darcy's lake scene? Women all over the world fell for Colin Firth after seeing him in a wet shirt. :love:

Yes, of course. But I feel he makes every scene memorable. I mean how can we forget him carrying off the Reindeer Christmas Jumper with so much oomph and elan. :D I love Mark Darcy. Just the right guy to settle down with. No fuss. Straight as an arrow.

Another celeb I do want to meet madly is Ralph Fiennes.  I think I first fell in love with him while watching The English Patient. Then there he was in Schindler's List.  Even when he is Lord Voldemort, I can't help but like him. He infuses so much life into his characters. So much passion.

A recent entry would be Joaquin Phoenix. Again not a conventionally handsome but man, his voice! He gives me goosebumps. I have watched his interviews and I love how methodical he is.  :wub: I love, love , love him!

Spoiler

I just realized that I have ahjussis in my list. And , not conventionally handsome either. But there's definitely something about Mary them.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 4

On 7/21/2021 at 6:22 PM, agenth said:

wefie?

Woooow he's looking handsome in his suit! Where was this? 

I'm so glad you had this opportunity ~

Yeap I passed him my handphone and he took a wefie with all his fans behind him haha.. it was in Singapore

On 7/21/2021 at 6:35 PM, confusedheart326 said:

Jang Hyuk! I love Jang Hyuk. Why is he so handsome and so charismatic? Not to mention such a brilliant actor!  Oh how I wish I could see him in person for once!  How is he as person? Did you get to speak to him? Oh his voice is soooo... gives me goosebumps. #fangirl I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of you @Prettysup:mrgreen:

I was too excited to look at him properly actually..  didnt speak to him, just passed my phone to him

On 7/21/2021 at 7:07 PM, partyon said:

@Prettysup Amazing to have met Jang Hyuk. Can you please post a larger picture of the welfie? It's too tiny as your DP. 

You can see the larger pic in this facebook album, I am the admin of the fan page :) 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=JangHyukFans&set=a.820607601448237

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Blob 2

21 hours ago, partyon said:

What is Shania Twain like? I remember her being really popular back in the day all over the world.  Her song "That Don't Impress Me Much" was the talk of the town because of her mentioning Brad Pitt and not being impressed by that. 

20 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Wow! You are so lucky chingu! 

I love her in Ka-Ching! - (Red Dress Version) a lot! Have you ever listened it @partyon chingu!?? 

She was very sweet, very down to earth and well as very kind.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

If I were to meet a celebrity in real life, I would want to meet:

- Yoseob from Highlight

- Jinyoung from GOT7

- Key from SHINee

- Lee Seung Gi

- Kang Min Hyuk

- Lee Dong Min/Cha Eun Woo

There are many actors that I like but I don’t know what I’ll say to them if I meet them irl… Therefore I chose these 6 korean actors/kpop idols because 1) I want to really meet them in real life regardless of what I should say to them if I see them and 2) some of them speak English so it won’t be super hard to communicate with them (like Key, Jinyoung and Cha Eunwoo) although I am Korean and can understand Korean…I would just speak Konglish :sweatingbullets:

But as I mentioned before, I never met anyone famous in real life before but I would love to:crybaby:

• Like 4
  • Love 5

I would love to meet the whole German football team of WC 2014 as well as the Bayern Munich team that smashed Barcelona 8-2 in 2020. And besides them I would like to have a cup of tea with Marcus Rashford, his recent note on racism was so heartfelt that I cried. 

Among actors, there are so many I want to meet from all over the world. From Kdrama land I'd want to meet Son Ye Jin, Han So Hee and Song Joong Ki. From their interviews they seem to be very fun and intelligent people who can have a good conversation. I also really like Nicki Minaj and Phoebe Waller Bridge. Nicki cuz I love her aura and Phoebe because she is funny and brilliant!

And besides that I'm not much into celebrity culture. And owing to my job in media, I meet a lot of celebs anyway.

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

On 7/21/2021 at 10:13 AM, gm4queen said:

guys!

Thank you so much @partyon chingu for tagging me on this one! :lol:

Ha ha ha.. I haven't ever met my Daniel oppa but I've got myself a local story about a local actor to share! :D

Well, in my school days there was a local actor who was considered as a sensation among ladies in Sri Lanka. Oh yeah, he was so handsome back then and now he is over 50! :o Can't even believe that myself! We've watched almost his every drama! Yeah, I still remember! And he is popular for producing local children tv series. I never though I would ever see a celebrity standing next to me. But it was one day that me & my family members were out for shopping many years ago. I remember we stopped by a cafe to have some snacks and when we were heading back, the said actor arrived the cafe with some friends. OH MY GOD?? :scream: I was literary shocked and I showed him to my family members immediately... "Look, it's him! it's him".. I think he was taller than everyone else at the cafe and it's my very first time to see a celebrity I like in public. Never had a chance to ask for an autograph but I still cherish the moment when I met him for the first time. :lol:

He he.. My story is too short! No climax at all! :joy:

Can't wait to read the stories by other chingus here!

Hi I didn't realise there is someone from Sri Lanka....yeah this guy used to be famou...

Edited by partyon
Please do not quote images. Thank you! :)
  • Like 2
  • Blob 3

On 7/24/2021 at 10:36 AM, ferily said:

There are many actors that I like but I don’t know what I’ll say to them if I meet them irl… Therefore I chose these 6 korean actors/kpop idols because 1) I want to really meet them in real life regardless of what I should say to them if I see them and 2) some of them speak English so it won’t be super hard to communicate with them (like Key, Jinyoung and Cha Eunwoo) although I am Korean and can understand Korean…I would just speak Konglish :sweatingbullets:

Chingu, I am sure you would do well! :kiss_wink: Most of us would only be able to say "appa", "umma", "unnie", "oppa", "ya!", "annyeonghasyeo", "ramen". :joy:

5 hours ago, Trilly Yogaratnam said:

Hi I didn't realise there is someone from Sri Lanka....yeah this guy used to be famou...

Have you met any celebrities? :partyblob:

11 hours ago, refugeebluez said:

And besides that I'm not much into celebrity culture. And owing to my job in media, I meet a lot of celebs anyway.

Oooh, do spill the tea! Who have you met?

Happy In Love GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, partyon said:

Chingu, I am sure you would do well! :kiss_wink: Most of us would only be able to say "appa", "umma", "unnie", "oppa", "ya!", "annyeonghasyeo", "ramen". :joy:

Have you met any celebrities? :partyblob:

Oooh, do spill the tea! Who have you met?

Hey, I've met some Bollywood actors in real life, through work.

Edited by partyon
Please do not quote images/gifs. Thanks :)
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1