EVENT: Celebrity Sightings - Spill the Tea

partyon

Poll: Celebrity Sightings  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of celebrity would you like to meet? (multiple choice)

• My favorite oppa, of course!
    • My favorite actress
    • A sports figure and/ or team
    • A politician
    • My favorite writer
    • That kdrama script writer who messed up the ending of my oppa's drama. I have feedback.
    • A singer / kpop band
    • An inspirational person I look up to
    • My favorite TV personality / news anchor
    • Someone from the royal family
    • A YouTuber/Tik Toker/social influencer
    • A local celebrity
    • A famous designer / model
    • My favorite painter, sculptor, etc
    • Someone else. Who?
  2. 2. What would you do if you were to meet your favorite celebrity? (multiple choice)

• I would admire them from afar
    • I would go up to them and ask them for a date / to hang out with me
    • I would ignore them
    • I would take a selfie with them (in secret)
    • I would ask them for a selfie/autograph
    • I would stalk them
    • I wouldn't recognize them - I have horrible facial recognition skills
    • I have friends/family who are celebrities - I hang out with them all the time
    • I would faint
    • I am a celebrity!
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. Have you tried to meet a celebrity?

• Yes, I checked their schedule and tried to do it.
    • Never thought about it, but now that it is mentioned, I may give it a shot
    • I am too lazy to do it
    • No.
    • I am the chairman of the fanclub
    • So much that I got a restraining order - lol

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/25/2021 at 04:00 PM

1 hour ago, Sakurafairy said:

Thanks for tagging me. 

:winkx:

I would love to meet Bogummy one day.  Most of my Bogummy friends met him once or twice already.  I just hope this pandemic ends so he can continue doing his Asia tour fanmeeting and that would be my / our venue to meet him for the first time and again for my friends. 

Well, since Bogum enjoys doing fan meeting, there are thousands of fans that have met him already so the way they describe him is always the same. That he is taller than any fan is expecting and he has a fair skin and he is a like a man doll؛ a pretty man indeed.

So yeah I really look forward to meet him one day. I hope his schedule will be in lined with the stars of my schedule. XD! 

This is a dream come true if the 'The Legendary Meg' happens to me. :P

ctto

PS: I have met so many local celebrities in my own country especially during summer when I go to famous beaches or just in the mall.  They don't make my heart flutters compare to the Korean celebrities so I just greeted them politely but some were little rude. Yeah I had an experience with an actress before with rude personality. :partyblob:

@Sakurafairy, OMG - I forgot - I saw Bogum, too up close.... He's so very handsome. I thought all along he's that tall

but not really.....    :Woah:

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

5 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah i met my favourite oppa Jang Hyuk before and took a wefie with him. You can see my profile pic. This pic was taken by someone opposite us. The mobile phone is his hand belonged to me hahaha...

wefie?

Woooow he's looking handsome in his suit! Where was this? 

I'm so glad you had this opportunity ~

:wow1:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah i met my favourite oppa Jang Hyuk before and took a wefie with him. You can see my profile pic. This pic was taken by someone opposite us. The mobile phone is his hand belonged to me hahaha...

Jang Hyuk! I love Jang Hyuk. Why is he so handsome and so charismatic? Not to mention such a brilliant actor!  Oh how I wish I could see him in person for once!  How is he as person? Did you get to speak to him? Oh his voice is soooo... gives me goosebumps. #fangirl I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of you @Prettysup:mrgreen:

If I could meet only three oppas, I'd choose:

• Jang Hyuk
  • Namkoong Min
  • Ji Sung

If I could meet only two unnies, I'd choose 

• Gong Hyo-jin
  • Jang Nara (to find out how she continues to remain such an ageless beauty):wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

I have never met a celebrity and I have never particularly wanted to meet.

But maybe I would like to meet Dohwan...and Junki... Yonghwa.. Bae In Hyuk...  

3a26941c28dd163dd7935ec2884adfb0.jpg

wow.. I didnt even know I had so many wishes...

thanks @partyon this thread is like some therapy... :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

15 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

Jang Hyuk! I love Jang Hyuk. Why is he so handsome and so charismatic? Not to mention such a brilliant actor!  Oh how I wish I could see him in person for once!  How is he as person? Did you get to speak to him? Oh his voice is soooo... gives me goosebumps. #fangirl I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of you @Prettysup:mrgreen:

If I could meet only three oppas, I'd choose:

• Jang Hyuk
  • Namkoong Min
  • Ji Sung

If I could meet only two unnies, I'd choose 

• Gong Hyo-jin
  • Jang Nara (to find out how she continues to remain such an ageless beauty):wub:

Why 3 oppas and 2 unnies? HAHAA

I'll use all my wishes to 

E6wzShTXMAAmlVs?format=jpg&name=largeE6wzTjGXIAQgvaz?format=jpg&name=large 

:fullofhearts:

but i am concerned I'd probably die if he looked at me like that. (then again, it would be okay to see him last hahaha)

I can't choose #2 and #3 from the many others I respect. I'd be happy with anyone, really! 

1 hour ago, confusedheart326 said:

Of course who can forget his portrayal of Mr. Darcy in BBC's Pride and Prejudice or Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones's Diary? He made such an impression that I liked him way more than the bad boy irresistible Hugh Grant. I think I have watched almost all of his movies.

I'd also like to meet John Thornton from North and South. I fell in love with Richard Armitage since I watched North and South. :wub:

I gotta admit I felt pretty much like Bridget Jones herself. Yeah Hugh Grant / Daniel Cleaver is Baaaaaad with capital B. But ugh, he just got that irresistible charm. But of course, marry Mr. Darcy :D  Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite books, the original from enemies to lovers!! 

7 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I have never met a celebrity and I have never particularly wanted to meet.

But maybe I would like to meet Dohwan...and Junki... Yonghwa.. Bae In Hyuk...  

wow.. I didnt even know I had so many wishes...

thanks @partyon this is like some therapy... :D

It's so great to see Bae In Hyuk gaining traction. When I first saw him in XX, I knew he'd blow up some day. Can't wait to see him in his next role!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

@partyon Thank You so much for mentioning me :wub:

I've met few local actors/singers, but actually I just smiled at them while I was passing by, I didn't care.

These are my Korean classmates... All of these girls speak Korean fluently...

spacer.png

They met Eric Nam, Jin Woo and other Wizard Of Nowhere members :tears: Me and my friend was supposed to meet this onni in green/ash color top for lunch this day but she was LATE because she MET Eric Nam :sad1: I'm still so jealous about this we were so close to meet them, I still remember she said "I'm not gonna have a bath again Eric Nam hugged me" :crybaby:

And I must say this, she has seen the filming crew in the railway station, but the staff members didn't let her to look for Eric Nam, so she couldn't find him. Then she gave a call to the other friends saying "....I don't know where the hell he is...I can't find him... these ppl aren't letting me....." But Eric Nam has seen her and greeted her, only after she hugged him she has remembered that he can speak English and must have heard her :D 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

1 hour ago, partyon said:

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng, I have no idea who Giangluigi Buffon is. Does he have abs? :joy:

Well, he certainly does have abs Noona in my opinion :joy:

112351u8jbd2tlcj1532661831355915.jpg

1 hour ago, larus said:

I will surprise you. I don`t think I want to meet a celebrity. But... let say that I will happen. Yeah, I will want to meet Kim So yeon . :P

I knew you would say Kim So Yeon :piggydance:

But then again, I also don't think would try to meet them. If I end up seeing them, maybe would try it out, or maybe not, you never know :loolz:

45 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Hey, oppa... :lol: I would definitely join with you to meet Jang Nara unnie any day! OH YEAH..

Sure Chingu, will tell you when I see her :joy:

19 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

That's an interesting story, and if it is done by your favorite Oppa, it just makes things much better in my opinion :piggydance:

@willenette Chingu, you have quite many celebs and that too very famous ones. That's Impressive  

tenor.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

@willenette That's an impressive list of k-celebs that you have met. :glasses: I have only seen one Korean actress and attended a Super Junior concert. :joy:

@Yinye Wow! That music video you posted is gorgeous. :kiss_wink: I have heard that Mira Sorvino is a nice person IRL.

@Prettysup Amazing to have met Jang Hyuk. Can you please post a larger picture of the welfie? It's too tiny as your DP. :bawling:

@Sakurafairy I hope you get to meet your Bo Gummie someday! :kiss_wink:

@confusedheart326 It would be very difficult to narrow down the k-celebs I would really like to meet. I have so many abs - oops, I mean - oppas I wanna meet. :joy:

@Yumiyue I hope that you get to hug Eric Nam too in the future! :heart:

Okay, so by popular demand, a story about how I met a royal princess many years ago.

Me and my friends went to an art museum back in the day. It was a weekday with few people around, and suddenly we see a limo pull up in front of the museum as we are about to enter the building ourselves. A beautiful and elegant young lady steps out of the car, and it takes us a few moments to register who she is.

She is a princess from a European royal family.

She strolled around like us in the museum, looking at the art collection with her bodyguards always close by. She was very kind, and we even had a chance to talk to her for a bit about the pieces of art.

OMG, we were so stunned by her beauty, kindness and elegance. A true princess in every sense.

I have also met and talked to a European king and a queen, and they were also totally cool, but meeting a princess was way more daebak. :joy:

• Like 5
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 4

I have a diploma in theater (majoring in acting) and some of my seniors and my juniors as well as my fellow unimates (same batch) ended up as a celebrity in my country. Even we graduated from the same university, we rarely meet each other as I'm not living at the same state as they were (just like I'm living in Las Vegas and they living in LA, Hollywood - something like this)

As for international celebrity, I almost meet One Republic & Alicia Keys (both VIP pass & both have pass to take selfie with them) as I won the concert tickets. But unfortunately, I can't attend the concert due unforeseen situation at that time. -_-

0c79966b-f334-427e-ab4e-e14e298ac51a_tex

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

1 minute ago, hsmz said:

As for international celebrity, I almost meet One Republic & Alicia Keys (both VIP pass & both have pass to take selfie with them) as I won the concert tickets. But unfortunately, I can't attend the concert due unforeseen situation at that time. -_-

I'm so sorry you can't attend - I hope things will be better soon! 

But I have to sCREEAM because Alicia Keys!!! Someone once dedicated Girl on Fire to me :D 

My other celeb sighting story is, reminded by the poll: how do we seek out celebs? I don't really as most of my encounters happened randomly. Once I ended up seeing two actors of Merlin Cast (BBC's Merlin), because one of my acquaintances was a huge Colin Morgan/Merlin fan. Me? I just wanted to travel so I "hitchhike" on her trip, I ended up also going to the village/castle where the filming location was. There was maybe 10-20 people like us who came there solely to be a fan. The entry to the castle/museum was cheap, all in all, so we could just chill out there, look at the castle, and also *cough* stalk the actors.

I only saw two actors closeup, one from far away. One, Katie McGrath playing Lady Morgana: tumblr_nbwjgipn4F1rhs5nco4_250.gif

I took pictures of her and also two selfies (as she changed outfit once haha). She was very sweet, though in the selfies she did her signature look (looking evil as Morgana lol). 

The other was King Uther Pendragon / Anthony Head

a8fd93e47530733ca0a90953831b67da.gif

Actually I was more excited about him as I used to be a huge Buffy fan :D 

He was nice too, when they were on break he was on his phone and I actually was near his sight, but I stayed away as I didn't want to be accused of eavesdropping. He was good with keeping low voice though, anyway, haha. Must be an actors thing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

another story but it is from my family...

while having a cup of tea with my dad, the conversation goes like this:

dad: you know I met actress X once at the airport

me: really? and?

dad: she was ugly! not at all like in the movies. 

me: (cracking up so much) :lol: dad!

dad: for real! she was so scrawny and short. she wasn't at all cute. movies are all fake I tell you.

my mom (peeking in from nowhere): it is called makeup and there are makeup artists.

dad: but she wasn't at all cute.

mom: okay, fine. what do you want for lunch? 

dad: lunch?

(totally distracted by food conversation and forgotten about the ugly actress who looks good only on TV)... hahahahha... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I never meet any Korean celebrity :tears: ,  I wish I have been cat in my other life  :D

# playing cool while meeting celebrity 

I guess, no one wanna be a dog but can I at least once because of this oppa? :lol:

3KRhV3b.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Oh I have also met a queen and a princess from my work too. Both were very nice. 

I am jealous of my sister who met Harrison Ford while working at Yellowstone National Park. She also met a famous male singer from the 80’s and 90’s, who was NOT nice. He was thought he was above everyone. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Oh ya, forgetful me. I'm not sure how many of you know her. I've met her once in IKEA and smiled at her and she smiled back at me.

She's beautiful. She is Dian Sastrowardoyo, an Indonesian actress :lol:

tumblr_o3zsjwLzfk1vo7b7ko1_540.gifv

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

i love kim sohyun (the actress) and dilraba and kang hana and iu, i love kim soo hyun and yangyang and wulei and xukai (well, this is changeable because it depends on my mood lol) but if you asked me to go to China or SK just to meet them, nah thanks. I'm too lazy to do that :') let me admire them from a far. That's enough (~'o')~

Oh but i would like to meet the writer of penthouse. I have a lot of things to discuss with her

• LOL 11

@hsmz @Ameera Ali LOL at you wanting to be a cat and a dog in order to meet your fave celebrities. But you two wouldn’t get along well if you would meet. :D 

@Yinye chingu, meeting Harrison Ford would be so cool :glasses: 

@annaR I feel ya. I would love to meet some writers to have a word or two about how they ruined the plot / endings of some great dramas. For example the writers of:

1) Mr Queen

2) VIP

3) The Last Empress :rage:

4) Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol

5) Barf drama (aka Love ft Marriage and Divirce)

6) Flower of Evil

etc

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

A celebrity whom I'd like to meet is Colin Firth. He isn't particularly handsome or anything but I somehow find his

personality, of whatever little I have seen of him, on television during interviews etc, very appealing. There's something very charming about him. A sensible bloke with a great sense of humour. Yes, that might be what draws me to him. Definitely a man with a great sense of humour and humble. He delivers his lines with such a poker face that I can't help but like him.

Of course who can forget his portrayal of Mr. Darcy in BBC's Pride and Prejudice or Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones's Diary? He made such an impression that I liked him way more than the bad boy irresistible Hugh Grant. I think I have watched almost all of his movies.

I'd also like to meet John Thornton from North and South. I fell in love with Richard Armitage since I watched North and South. :wub:

YES to both of these! Colin Firth and John Thornton (the North and South book is even better than the miniseries, by the way! :) ). Colin Firth is such a gifted actor; I was thrilled when he won his Oscar. There used to be a website dedicated to him called afirthionados.com. I was a regular visitor. :lol:

I've met members of a well-known 90's band three times. I was part of their fan club :lol: and back then they would let fan club members backstage to meet the band before their concerts. It was a simple, low-key affair; you stood in line, went into the room one-by-one, and got to snap a photo with them. Then they led you out so the next girl could come in. So...not much talking going on! But they were nice.

When I was younger and obsessed with a certain boy band (not the same band as before), I couldn't wait for their concert and to be breathing the same air as they were! My friends laughed at me but I was dead serious about breathing the same air as them.

After watching more kdramas, I think I'd like to meet Lee Sun Kyun. He seems like someone with whom you could just chat about normal stuff with - friendly, gifted, and down-to-earth with a fun sense of humor. Also I need to ask him to tell me honestly if Park Dong Hoon loved Lee Ji An. No more beating around the bush, LSK!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

3 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

I've met members of a well-known 90's band three times. I was part of their fan club :lol: and back then they would let fan club members backstage to meet the band before their concerts. It was a simple, low-key affair; you stood in line, went into the room one-by-one, and got to snap a photo with them. Then they led you out so the next girl could come in. So...not much talking going on! But they were nice..

Omo! Please tell me it was Backstreet Boys!

backstreet boys GIF

@backstreetboysfan will surely be impressed too :glasses:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2