Poll: Participating in The Olympics

Sleepy Owl

Participating in The Olympics  

65 members have voted

1. 1. In which sports event from the Olympic Games would you like to participate from Category A (Choose upto 3)

• Short Sprint Race (100/200/400m)
    • Long Distance Race (800/1500/5000/10000m)
    • Hurdles Race (100/400m)
    • Steeplechase Race
    • Relay Race/Mixed Relay Race
    • High Jump/Long Jump/Triple Jump
    • Shot Put
    • Pole Vault
    • Discus Throw/Hammer Throw/Javeline Throw
    • Rowing
    • Diving
    • Surfing
    • Swimming
    • Canoe/Kayaking
    • Sailing
    • Triathlon
    • Marathon
    • Gymnastics
    • Trampoline
    • None of the Above
  2. 2. In which sports event from the Olympic Games would you like to participate from Category B (Choose upto 3)

3. 3. In which sports event from the Olympic Games would you like to participate from Category C (Choose upto 3)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/2021 at 08:00 AM

• Sleepy Owl changed the title to Poll: Participating in The Olympics

The only sports that I enjoy and have some ability are badminton and bowling; but of course no where near any competitive level.

I always joke that if I had to run or pull myself up to survive a zombie or serial killer, I may not make it lol. Also every single time I have played volleyball, I got hit in the head - so I refuse to play now lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Blob 4

Thanks for the tag @Sleepy Owl! I can really just choose one though which I've loved playing, and that's archery.

My other favourite events have something to do with music. One would be synchronised swimming:

And the free skating. I loved the skater below. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

i spent the whole weekend watching olympics!!

my friend and i brought lots of food to a friend's place on sat and we literally became couch potato cheerleaders for archery mixed team

seriously, these 2 archers are so young! and confident!!

not forgetting, their sponsors are really good with their attires too! they have the most fashionable caps!

the women's 4x100 relay swimming on sat was amazing too!

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/en/news/videos/australia-women-s-4x100m-freestyle-relay-team-break-world-record

we kept eating chips and screaming at the insane speed the australian golden girls swam in the pool!!

and for the whole of sunday, i was on whatsapp group chat with my friends watching the women's team archery and artistic gymnastics.

once again, archery matches were really exciting for the top 4 teams!

Ncaa Dancing GIF by Boston College Eagles

@Sleepy Owl maybe we should have a mopping competition on +/- thread soon..

@LeftCoastOppa @Ameera Ali @partyon

cleaning up mr clean GIF by ADWEEK

for the poll.. i'm not a sporty person.. although i can eat potato chips at incredulous speed..

i can't swim.. doesn't respond too well for music.. hahahaha but i can cheer!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

5 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Like being active and learning new sports, but still I’m the best at doing nothing 

Same. I like a lot of sports but I watched them on TV.

If I would have liked to do sports that use music, equestrian or archery. I like swimming and fencing the most but those athletes who practice these sports are tall and I am not. So dream on. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

@larus the thing about sports… most of them really hard to learn and maintain needed frequency of lessons/training to learn them properly and at proficient level. I spent 3 years, countless falls and spend a lot of money to learn how to ski good (which is my favorite sport so far) lol And still struggle from time to time :lol: 

I’m still waiting when Olympics adds “doing nothing” as their discipline, I think it will be the most boring, but also the most competitive one :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

As soon as I saw the first few events in category A, I was thinking, heckkk NO would I do those!! I dislike running so I don’t think I would ever do a running event in the Olympics..

I would either want to do archery or volleyball/beach volleyball :elated:

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

59 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

I’m still waiting when Olympic adds “doing nothing” as their discipline, I think it will be the most boring, but also the most competitive one

Doing nothing is an anti-sport. But I agree that it will be the most competitive (with many contestants) and hard to diferentiate the winner. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, Yinye said:

The only sports that I enjoy and have some ability are badminton and bowling; but of course no where near any competitive level.

I always joke that if I had to run or pull myself up to survive a zombie or serial killer, I may not make it lol. Also every single time I have played volleyball, I got hit in the head - so I refuse to play now lol. 

@Yinye, I also enjoy badminton, that's why, I voted for it. Category A has "none of the above" winning....hahaha - and I'm one of them.  :7555_attack:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

15 minutes ago, larus said:

Doing nothing is an anti-sport. But I agree that it will be the most competitive and hard to diferentiate the winner. :lol:

E-sport is also a sport… for some reasons :lol: So, everything that involves competition is a sport for me (jk xD) lol

• LOL 10
  • Blob 1

@ferily Chingu I was so bad at running, would usually come last or would be among the last 3 to finish the race, so nope, I wouldn't really want to be a runner in the Olympics either :sweats:

@serenilmauve Chingu, being a super lazy person, I would love they officially make "Doing Nothing" an event in the Olympics, it is about time they recognize it as sports too :loolz:

42 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Sorry, I'm busy refereeing Womens Beach Volleyball  :glasses:

7c6.jpg

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

Well Chingu, with all the mopping competition being constantly talked about, I wonder if The Olympics Committee will recognize Mopping as a Sports event too :joy:

2 hours ago, Yinye said:

Well Chingu, seeing this post, I feel super motivated to work on my running skills since as I said above, I was just too bad at it :joy:

I also love Badminton, used to play a lot during my school days. Didn't play it for years now. 

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Thanks for the tag @Sleepy Owl! I can really just choose one though which I've loved playing, and that's archery.

I didn't get a chance to try my hands at Archery, but I would definitely try it. Looks cool to me 

1 hour ago, larus said:

Same. I like a lot of sports but I watched them on TV.

If I would have liked to do sports that use music, equestrian or archery. I like swimming and fencing the most but those athletes who practice these sports are tall and I am not. So dream on. :lol:

There is something special about fencing, while I don't really like to try it out, it is always interesting to watch for me. 

urUrSwV.gif

54 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Yinye, I also enjoy badminton, that's why, I voted for it. Category A has "none of the above" winning....hahaha - and I'm one of them.

Talking about Badminton, it is opposite of Fencing for me. I love playing it more than watching it :piggydance:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I didn't get a chance to try my hands at Archery, but I would definitely try it. Looks cool to me 

When you do, make sure you have your bottle of arnica oil for your inner arm and elbow. ^_^ 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

15 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@ferily Chingu I was so bad at running, would usually come last or would be among the last 3 to finish the race, so nope, I wouldn't really want to be a runner in the Olympics either

@serenilmauve Chingu, being a super lazy person, I would love they officially make "Doing Nothing" an event in the Olympics, it is about time they recognize it as sports too

Well Chingu, with all the mopping competition being constantly talked about, I wonder if The Olympics Committee will recognize Mopping as a Sports event too :joy:

Well Chingu, seeing this post, I feel super motivated to work on my running skills since as I said above, I was just too bad at it :joy:

I also love Badminton, used to play a lot during my school days. Didn't play it for years now. 

There is something special about fencing, while I don't really like to try it out, it is always interesting to watch for me. 

Talking about Badminton, it is opposite of Fencing for me. I love playing it more than watching it

@Sleepy Owl, fencing is an incredibly physical and tiring sport. It takes a LOT of muscle to fence, and a lot of stamina to keep going all the way through a match. There are no hard and fast rules to what age you should start fencing, but, my brother started early, he starts around age 9. Most fencing clubs will not accept children under age 7 as the balance and hand-eye co-ordination needed to fence are not sufficiently well developed before age 7. Fencing is expensive because it requires special equipment. The equipment are DESIGNED specifically for this sport. The sword themselves are not really swords at all. They're just metal rods that bend and flex which something that a real sword doesn't have.  :kisslevel:

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

When you do, make sure you have your bottle of arnica oil for your inner arm and elbow. ^_^ 

@MayanEcho, true - this is good.  Arnica oil is commonly used in aromatherapy as a carrier oil. I love the scent. It has a pleasant pineapple-like scent that is relaxing. Aloe is also similar to this oil.  :Ohboy3:

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

44 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

All sports are beautiful in their own way. I was/am fascinating by fencing. It is an incredible sport. It is mentally engaging, very fast and intense, physically demanding.

13 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

P.S. I think most people like fencing because they look cool;)) I certainly do 

Oh yeah...

The ancestors of modern fencing look cool. 

New-Image2.jpg

The ancestors of modern fencing look cool. 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@LeftCoastOppa @Ameera Ali @partyon

@LeftCoastOppa , @Sleepy Owl can take break from mopping, you wouldn’t know  difference between our ( me & my twin  @partyon ) drooling from swimmer splashing :mrgreen:

2t3CAmC.gif

# winning 

• LOL 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1