Poll: Participating in The Olympics

Sleepy Owl

Participating in The Olympics  

65 members have voted

1. 1. In which sports event from the Olympic Games would you like to participate from Category A (Choose upto 3)

• Short Sprint Race (100/200/400m)
    • Long Distance Race (800/1500/5000/10000m)
    • Hurdles Race (100/400m)
    • Steeplechase Race
    • Relay Race/Mixed Relay Race
    • High Jump/Long Jump/Triple Jump
    • Shot Put
    • Pole Vault
    • Discus Throw/Hammer Throw/Javeline Throw
    • Rowing
    • Diving
    • Surfing
    • Swimming
    • Canoe/Kayaking
    • Sailing
    • Triathlon
    • Marathon
    • Gymnastics
    • Trampoline
    • None of the Above
  2. 2. In which sports event from the Olympic Games would you like to participate from Category B (Choose upto 3)

3. 3. In which sports event from the Olympic Games would you like to participate from Category C (Choose upto 3)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/2021 at 08:00 AM

4 hours ago, Yinye said:

I always joke that if I had to run or pull myself up to survive a zombie or serial killer, I may not make it lol. Also every single time I have played volleyball, I got hit in the head - so I refuse to play now lol. 

kekeke... this reminds me of school. we had 4 houses - can't remember the names but they had colours. so yellow, blue, green and red. so we all competed based on whatever house we were assigned to. for some reason, we had this event where the entire school had to participate in a marathon type race. so this marathon wasn't that long but I used to pray that I wouldn't come in the very last. I was so happy when I came in second last. hahahahah.... so yea, I know I will die in a zombie attack.

but then again, I do have a pretty strong arm and was decent when it came to sports like hockey and volleyball. so maybe I could hook them with a weapon like clock them in the head? 

Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

but I might have problem with direction though. I enthusiastically tried out for the football team (soccer) and was so happy that I scored a goal. it turned out that I scored a goal for the opposite team (goal went into my own team). coach said "nice effort" and didn't add me to team. :lol: that killed my enthusiasm for football after that. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, larus said:

All sports are beautiful in their own way. I was/am fascinating by fencing. It is an incredible sport. It is mentally engaging, very fast and intense, physically demanding.

Oh yeah...

The ancestors of modern fencing look cool. 

they look cool… yeah… very.. :sweating:

4412-AB45-C400-4027-B17-A-CA3-CF75-D1-E8

C5-CF2251-8991-4-F04-AB1-E-704605222-AFD

:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

The Olympics need to hold a Kim Dong-mi versus A Mi event . They missed out on all the fun. 

Reaction disappointment frustration GIF - Find on GIFER

Could you not create a special category for them?

@Sleepy Owl @Lmangla @partyon @agenth

Agnes Please GIF - Agnes Please DespicableMe - Discover & Share GIFs |  Agnes despicable me, Cute disney wallpaper, Cute cartoon pictures

You have given equal rights to pigeons and peacocks on this forum! Why is  Kim Dong-mi and A Mi's most anticipated event - catfight being deprived an entry?:bawling: I will start a petition and write to the Olympic Games organizers. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Awesome 1

Personally I tried out fencing a couple of months. It was really fun, a very elegant sport, though playing with novices is rather clumsy haha. 

comedy central fencing GIF

I have a soft spot for Beach volleyball too, even though I suck at it :D mmy serves are either too soft or too strong, but I have good memories of visiting some competitions in my country. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

kekeke... I never thought much of fencing when I watched it on tv. it seemed kind of boring. :sweatingbullets:....

but while watching this movie "the fencer", there was this scene where he teaches her to fence. ooh, la la. fencing all of a sudden seemed rather romantic. hahahaha.... 

THE-FENCER_5.jpg?width=0  

anyway for those interested in fencing, check out the movie "the fencer" -- it is rather neat sports movie. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

@LeftCoastOppa , @Sleepy Owl can take break from mopping, you wouldn’t know  difference between our ( me & my twin  @partyon ) drooling from swimmer splashing :mrgreen:

Poor guys who dive in the pool only to realize it is not pool of water, but drool :loolz:

But my other question is, while I and @LeftCoastOppa Chingu were busy sneaking away from the mopping job, who was doing the mopping? 

fzRt.gif

2 hours ago, larus said:

These ancestors used to do it without protection and do three way fights making them more cool 

200.gif

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

When you do, make sure you have your bottle of arnica oil for your inner arm and elbow. ^_^ 

Sure Chingu :heartxoxo:

But I wonder when I will do, being so lazy :joy:

2 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

@Sleepy Owl Olympics should start being inclusive for lazy and untalented in active sports people too :lol:

P.S. I think most people like fencing because they look cool;)) I certainly do :lol:

Well, I totally agree with you, we are in enough numbers to be noticed by the Olympics Committee and think about us :joy:

@willenette Chingu, with all the talk about fencing,

DOo2mD3WsAMBl-V.jpg

1 hour ago, confusedheart326 said:

The Olympics need to hold a Kim Dong-mi versus A Mi event . They missed out on all the fun. 

Chingu, the Olympic Games are supposed to be held in safe environment. If we have Dong Mi, then it is a threat to everyone's lives and if we have A-Mi then any of the members could end becoming a murderer getting annoyed by her :loolz:

Also, before Olympics Committee could even think about think since it would bring too much ratings, TV Chosun already won the airing rights of that fight :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

Love sports myself and am quite active. It was so difficult to choose only 3 per category.:crybaby:

Competing in a track and field event would be so cool, especially with regard to experiencing the audience cheer you on. The atmosphere in a stadium is great! Also, love running so felt natural to choose the running options.

With regard to the last question, it was the hardest. Too many great sports to choose from. :love:

I went for the ones that I like the most.

Rodney Mullen Skate GIF

karate fail GIF

I wanted to choose archery, cycling, sport climbing, equestrian and judo too, but had to limit myself to 3. :bawling:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

loving action movies, martial arts and its games always seemed so neat. YT recently recommended this video to me. oh, how I wish there was a local taekwondo class that did this. I would totally join! :lol: now only if I have some of the agility these participants have... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I realize while looking through the poll, many of the sports I chose was because of movies. like I would never think of archery as cool if it wasn't for all the princess shooting arrows with poise in the midst of danger. :D hahahahha... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS17WDZ7XYnaHrcfybU0qn 

why movies? sports and me didn't seem to gel much growing up. I can totally feel this kiddo's confusion -- yea, I didn't understand directions either. hahahahha... :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

but while watching this movie "the fencer", there was this scene where he teaches her to fence. ooh, la la. fencing all of a sudden seemed rather romantic. hahahaha.... 

Noona, did you just mention a Fencing Coach?

de402ba87c70de4b84ba6435c6c5fc56.jpg

39 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

@Sleepy Owl I think we actually the majority :lol: 

We surely are, but since we are too lazy to show it, everyone overlooks this fact :joy:

42 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Man, too bad I can’t re-vote, just saw Equestrian discipline. I love this sport so much, started it this year. I don’t know how I overlooked it :tears:

Legends say, this was quite famous among the dinosaurs too back then 

3b504f2d71cfb60d5b8ef6d7a49d7fc4.gif

Jokes apart, I love this sport too :piggydance:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Why climbing isn’t poll 

View  looking down isn’t bad to enjoy our Non mopping team ( @Sleepy Owl & @LeftCoastOppa :D)

Chingu, climbing is the last option of Category 3 though :rubchin:

I and @LeftCoastOppa are busy watching Beach Volleyball right now :eats:

But this sport looks interesting :piggydance:

• LOL 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Fun event!

Happy Olympics, everyone!

Sports like tennis and judo stress me out, since they're one-on-one and it would just be so intense to have to beat that ONE person in front of you. I don't want to have that level of familiarity with a stranger, haha. I much prefer team sports like volleyball, or even gymnastics or swimming where you're performing individually, but part of an entire team, but not going head-to-head with one opponent. What can I say; I'm a wuss! :)

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Other--spectator --is that a sport?  It does  take some skill to work the remote lol

@confusedheart326I second an entry of Dong Mi va A-mi catfight!  

Seriously, I do like sports a lot.  I'd opt for tennis or golf.   I love watching the swimming and beach volleyball.  Those men have really good bodies. 

What's up with USA men's basketball?  I have to check out who is on the team.   

Simone Biles is the GOAT!

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

5 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Sports like tennis and judo stress me out, since they're one-on-one and it would just be so intense to have to beat that ONE person in front of you. I don't want to have that level of familiarity with a stranger, haha. I much prefer team sports like volleyball, or even gymnastics or swimming where you're performing individually, but part of an entire team, but not going head-to-head with one opponent. What can I say; I'm a wuss! :)

I agree with one on one sports being more stressful. Like if you are having a bad day, its over. For me, in case of team sports, I might have a bad day at office and still the team could win. But that cannot really be the case in one on one sports, until your opponent is having a worse day :joy:

I love playing Volleyball and enjoy watching it too :piggydance:

3 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Other--spectator --is that a sport?  It does  take some skill to work the remote lol

4b86f0acc0ee61793e9f7450f751f5ae.gif

3 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Seriously, I do like sports a lot.  I'd opt for tennis or golf.   I love watching the swimming and beach volleyball.  Those men have really good bodies. 

I have not played Tennis a lot, but when I did I really liked it. Didn't try my hands on Golf yet. I do love watching Tennis games, and it is totally opposite when it comes to Table Tennis. It is just so fast, I am really bad at that game, and when I try to watch it, its harder to keep up :joy:

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

What's up with USA men's basketball?  I have to check out who is on the team.   

You mean about their defeat against France? I was a bit shocked by the news, but then again, sometimes its just not your day to win. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2