SPOTLIGHT: Lmangla - Event Organizer Extraordinaire

partyon

SPOTLIGHT: Things That Lmangla Likes....  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Lmangla - makjang queen. Which of these makjang dramas did you like too? (choose as many as you like)

• The Last Empress (2018-2019)
    • The Penthouse: War In Life series (2020-2021)
    • Temptation of Wife (2008-2009)
    • The World of the Married (2020)
    • Princess Aurora (2013)
    • Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) (2021)
    • Temptation Of An Angel (2009)
    • Lie After Lie (2020)
    • Mask (2015)
    • A Hundred Year Legacy (2013)
    • The Innocent Man (2012)
    • Secret (can also be the Turkish version with a mustache oppa Lmangla particularly liked) (2013)
    • Glass Slippers (2002)
    • Star in My Heart (1997)
    • Baker King, Kim Tak Goo (2010)
    • Beautiful Days (2001)
    • Fatal Promise (2020)
    • Marriage Contract (2016)
    • Come! Jang Bori (2014)
    • My Husband's got family (2012)
  2. 2. Lmangla: events. Which of these events do you remember/did you particularly enjoy? (choose as many as you like)

• Guess the Kiss
    • Guess the abs
    • Soompi Love feast
    • I recommend this drama
    • anti love game
    • Quick Poll: Shaken but not stirred! 007
    • Soompi potluck
    • My corner of Soompi
    • favourite kdrama abs poll
    • variety show quiz
    • Fathers of dramaland
    • Give me badges!
    • OTP Bingo 2019
    • Worst ending! ugh!
    • The best of Lee Min Ho
    • Quick poll: fashion terrorist? fashionista brilliance?
    • Soompi Cupid game
    • Spotlights on various Soompi threads
    • Fan MVs
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. Lmangla: I love these things! Do you love them too? (choose as many as you like)

• True crime documentaries
    • Cats
    • Changing Display Picture at least once per week
    • Turkish dizis (no need to be scared of 200 episode dramas with lots of brooding mustache oppas)
    • Royal gossip
    • Not using capital letters
    • Daily dramas / makjang dramas /weekend dramas
    • Good lighting - OCN dramas are not for me!
    • Jewelry, bangles. (Your look is not complete without at least a necklace around your neck)
    • The color blue
    • A good kimchi slap! (or seaweed slap. or any slap with food.)
    • Kdrama tropes. They are so bad that they are good.
    • Writing
    • Interior design & bathroom fittings (shower scenes are the perfect time to analyze them)
    • Encyclopedias (Lmangla is a walking encyclopedia herself)
    • Thai lakorns (makjang dramas on steroids)
    • Watching "the best of" drama videos on YouTube rather than watching the full episodes. No FF needed.
    • Mustache oppas. Because swoon.
    • Jung Il-woo in Bossam. Fangirl alert.
    • Old kdramas. They just don't make 'em like they used to...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2021 at 04:00 PM

I didn't really want this day to come, since I will be missing @Lmangla Noona as EO :criesariver:

But at the same time, I believe Noona deserves the break she is taking now. She has been working so hard for years as EO and she more than anyone deserves to be a regular member if she wants to. But I will miss her as EO :cries:

So while I will be seeing you @Lmangla Noona everyday in add/sub thread, I want to thank you for mentoring me as EO and also for the enjoyable events you organized which motivated me to go for the EO position, 

2a7edbd1841127288e40e4e7343f8a0e.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 3

Thanks @Lmangla for all your hard work! 

Event Organising is super fun and something that is unique to Soompi Forums, and something that has been defined by your work! 

I'm super impressed and it was an honour to see your brain at work / play. Apart from the great events, I won't forget especially the insightful comments. I'm honoured to have been part of your EO journey!

Big Brain Meme GIF by Bayer 04 Leverkusen

It's sad that you are retiring from EO, however, I hope you spend that time for all the other things you love! 

See you in add/subtract and elsewhere ~ (in good lighting kdramas and awesome interiors)

200.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 10
  • Wiggle 2

:waves: guys!

I think @Lmangla chingu just launched a new era on Soompi Forums in 2017? Events are the identity of our forum. She rode the journey for 4 years and now finally it's time to take a break! :please:

Dearest @Lmangla chingu, we will definitely miss you as a staff member in this amazing community! I wish you all the best and happiness for your future! Please stay with us for a long time to come! :dorakiss:

And I am so sure that every member in Soompi Forums will cherish your efforts as an EO forever! :smooches3:

See you in other soompi threads! Love you so much.... :sweet:

• Like 2
  • Love 10
  • Wiggle 2

@Lmangla wahhhh..................really Taecyeon? I didn't know that, not until @partyon mentioned it here. Well, welcome to the club having the same taste - hahaha   :Megalol:Surprised because I haven't seen you in his thread, although I saw you in Jung Il Woo's thread.  I'm thankful for something you brought to his thread.  Thank you for being a valuable member of the team. In today's busy world, kind words are important. Thank you for your time because people today are often very busy. Thanks for all you do here. Good work, as always. You're amazing! Still......C U around here.

:popcornjackson:

• Like 1
  • Love 11
  • Wiggle 2

Aww @Lmangla, I met you first last year in an event/poll of the worst ending dramas watched. Who won't notice you right away, you're the only one I know in Soompi who posts in bold, azure texts. ^_^ 

Though I haven't interacted with you in the Kdrama threads, I've enjoyed reading your posts about Yaman and Saher (Did I get the names right? Hahaha!) at the +/- drool thread.

Had once collaborated with you in a ship spotlight a year ago, which to be honest, was a surprise to me when you initially reached out, since I was more of a lurker and rarely posts in that thread. I was more active in the drama thread of that OTP, LOL! You've made it very easy later on, given that as far as I know, they're still the only Sino-ship featured in the forum.

Thanks once again for the events! See ya at the +/- thread!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952c629c193c8a63e5646

• Like 1
  • Love 11
  • Wiggle 1

hai everyone. :D "thank you for tagging me on this poll" or "thank you for the tagged". we might need to give the compliments again, slower, before we could understand the poll. hearing, "that's easy," wouldn't help myself. :D it's been a pleasure to be here and I'll genuinely miss it. @Lmangla , she's creative and she's caring. knowing her recollection of a past event in her writing shows reflexive memories as an important aspect of thinking through writing on the threads. I've also learned to be open-minded, to value other people's opinions and to consider other ideas along with mine, to end up with a great final result. thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete the awesome polls. my wish for here is that you'll continue to experience success, to feel fulfilled in all you do. I read spotlight again, assure that you do your best to find as many positive thing points as you can and leave everyone with fond memories of you. thank you lovely EO @partyon for the farewell party spotlight on our dear EO @Lmangla and I was so glad to find the threads. I'll meet to hearing of her feelings and thoughts. :heart: she'll be there soon. :D

:foryou:

J-K-Rowling-Thank-You-Reaction-GIf.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 11
  • Wiggle 2

awww, thank you for the kind words everyone -- @twinkle_little_star, @MayanEcho, @willenette, @gm4queen, @CarolynH, @Yinye, @agenth, @joccu, @Sleepy Owl, @partyon -- you made my day

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWQpwiqOzHpW9iALWbV_P

@partyon ~ I am torn between laughter and going "awww, thats so sweet" at the note and poll. bwahahahah.... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR574yUcIhfO95V-Am5wcG 

like with many people, the pandemic and real life stress has taken a toll and I wanted to take a break to reboot and refresh myself. so it has been in the works for a while. I am so happy that we have an events team -- @partyon, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth -- who are energetic, enthusiastic and creative and on the go. so it feels a delight to be able to go back to being regular member. 

Soompi community are a great bunch and it is so lovely to see a nice corner on the internet. I love that we have rules that helps people from different parts of the world to talk to each other in a friendly manner and discuss our favourite kdramas. we need some kindness and civility and there is no need to get so angsty over a hobby no? real life is stressful enough! so yea, I love that we have this little space in the web to unwind and chill. 

over the years, the community has always surprised me with its warmth, spontaniety and humour. I remember my first event -- it was for the taecgui ship and I randomly proposed a virtual beach party. I thought no one would get my quirky humour and random creative buzz. instead, people thought it was hilarious and we had a laugh. (we posted pics of beach resorts, food and talked about taecgui as well as random jokes on whatever). thats how my events journey started -- as a shipper.

so yea, it was a total blast organizing events for the community over these four years and I always had a laugh. thank you for participating, lurking and checking out all our events. I hope you continue to participate in your own small way and continue to make this community thrive. 

catch ya on some drama or events thread! 

11732987.png;compress=true

• Like 1
  • Love 13
  • Wiggle 2

2 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i was secretly glad there wasn't a moustache event during the times when you went crazy with @kokodus on that turkish oppa..

bwahahahha.... unfortunately, all the moustache oppas seem to throng together in turkish dizis. kdramas oppas are clean shaven. why? maybe we need an event to showcase oppas who are not so good looking, put together and can be model for gillette ad? :lol:

3d22b895ff6d0c622b2010f82b5b35fe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 9
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

bwahahahha.... unfortunately, all the moustache oppas seem to throng together in turkish dizis. kdramas oppas are clean shaven. why? maybe we need an event to showcase oppas who are not so good looking, put together and can be model for gillette ad? :lol:

Not T-Rex oppa who looks like a serial killer! :scream:

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

bwahahahha... @partyon ~ trex oppa has a lot of fans on youtube who think he has super romantic look even though the story is remotely not. :joy: ... I have such a laugh reading the comments. 

so talking about moustaches, learned from taec during my shipping days that november is also known as 'movember'? no idea what it means but he used to post pics like this on SNS which made us laugh. 

C6tDatOU4AAiVr1.jpg 

there you go, event idea: which oppa would look good with moustaches and can model for gillette. which oppa should always put on a razor. "gillette! the best oppa can be." :lol:

re: @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth 

P.S ~ @willenette ~ I forgot about taec mostly after I stopped shipping. I am flaky like that. drama ends and they all get packed off to make room for a new oppa. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

OUR QUEEEEEEEN 

:loveu:

Thank you for always being the best, most welcoming person! I remember when I joined Soompi back in 2016, you were one of the first people I interacted with and you've always made me feel so happy to be a part of the community. Thanks for everything you do, all the fun you being to Soompi <3 

You aren't graduating from EO to regular member, you're upgrading to QUEEEEEEEN status 

:heartxoxo:

• Like 2
  • Love 10
  • Wiggle 2

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

bwahahahha... @partyon ~ trex oppa has a lot of fans on youtube who think he has super romantic look even though the story is remotely not. :joy: ... I have such a laugh reading the comments. 

so talking about moustaches, learned from taec during my shipping days that november is also known as 'movember'? no idea what it means but he used to post pics like this on SNS which made us laugh. 

there you go, event idea: which oppa would look good with moustaches and can model for gillette. which oppa should always put on a razor. "gillette! the best oppa can be." :lol:

re: @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth 

P.S ~ @willenette ~ I forgot about taec mostly after I stopped shipping. I am flaky like that. drama ends and they all get packed off to make room for a new oppa. :lol:

@Lmangla as far as I remember, he said that fifteen years ago, a group of young men in Adelaide, South Australia coined the term “Movember” and it's the idea of growing moustaches for charity throughout the month of November. So, growing out one's facial hair for 30 days is called "Movember" or "No-Shave November.  hahaha - Sigh....that you stopped shipping him now. I guess you also stopped shipping JIW because the drama ends - LOL - Who's your new Oppa now?  :Megalol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

@Lmangla??? :blink:

The same one, who according to her avatar is always on, and I quote "...afternoon nap..."? How can she be tired? :lol:

:kiss_wink::heart:

Thanks for everything you've done, and especially for all you've done on the dailies threads - its always been ( and still is ) loads of fun. Enjoy your well earned rejuvenation!

standing ovation applause GIF

Thanks for the tag @partyon - I'd like to suggest an honorary emoticon for @Lmangla ...

Curly Mustache Sunglasses emoji" Greeting Card by livaniaapparel | Redbubble

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 2

33 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Lmangla as far as I remember, he said that fifteen years ago, a group of young men in Adelaide, South Australia coined the term “Movember” and it's the idea of growing moustaches for charity throughout the month of November. So, growing out one's facial hair for 30 days is called "Movember" or "No-Shave November.  hahaha - Sigh....that you stopped shipping him now. I guess you also stopped shipping JIW because the drama ends - LOL - Who's your new Oppa now?  :Megalol:

ah I see; that explains why aussie actors tend to do hashtags movember with full moustaches/beards. 

no oppa in season right now. the story has to be absolutely daebak to capture my fancy. otherwise, am watching dramas with one eye closed. hahahahah... 

49 minutes ago, Emily Bett said:

You aren't graduating from EO to regular member, you're upgrading to QUEEEEEEEN status 

awww, thank you!

though, I always imagine queen is being stressful. all the court politics and trying to differentiate all the men in beards in saeguks who look alike. hahahahha... 

41GSYKCbaEL._RI_.jpg  

but the plus side, you get nice jewelry? hahahah.... 

27 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

The same one, who according to her avatar is always on, and I quote "...afternoon nap..."? How can she be tired? :lol:

:kiss_wink::heart:

Thanks for everything you've done, and especially for all you've done on the dailies threads - its always been ( and still is ) loads of fun. Enjoy your well earned rejuvenation!

kekeke... thank you! I guess, I need to take more naps. hahahah... my cat keeps waking up at dawn. thinks all of us humans are idiots and lazy and should be up as the sun is rising and the birds are singing. I swear I never knew there were so many birds in the city before this cat came into our lives. :D 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2