SPOTLIGHT: Lmangla - Event Organizer Extraordinaire

partyon

SPOTLIGHT: Things That Lmangla Likes....  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Lmangla - makjang queen. Which of these makjang dramas did you like too? (choose as many as you like)

• The Last Empress (2018-2019)
    • The Penthouse: War In Life series (2020-2021)
    • Temptation of Wife (2008-2009)
    • The World of the Married (2020)
    • Princess Aurora (2013)
    • Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) (2021)
    • Temptation Of An Angel (2009)
    • Lie After Lie (2020)
    • Mask (2015)
    • A Hundred Year Legacy (2013)
    • The Innocent Man (2012)
    • Secret (can also be the Turkish version with a mustache oppa Lmangla particularly liked) (2013)
    • Glass Slippers (2002)
    • Star in My Heart (1997)
    • Baker King, Kim Tak Goo (2010)
    • Beautiful Days (2001)
    • Fatal Promise (2020)
    • Marriage Contract (2016)
    • Come! Jang Bori (2014)
    • My Husband's got family (2012)
  2. 2. Lmangla: events. Which of these events do you remember/did you particularly enjoy? (choose as many as you like)

• Guess the Kiss
    • Guess the abs
    • Soompi Love feast
    • I recommend this drama
    • anti love game
    • Quick Poll: Shaken but not stirred! 007
    • Soompi potluck
    • My corner of Soompi
    • favourite kdrama abs poll
    • variety show quiz
    • Fathers of dramaland
    • Give me badges!
    • OTP Bingo 2019
    • Worst ending! ugh!
    • The best of Lee Min Ho
    • Quick poll: fashion terrorist? fashionista brilliance?
    • Soompi Cupid game
    • Spotlights on various Soompi threads
    • Fan MVs
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. Lmangla: I love these things! Do you love them too? (choose as many as you like)

• True crime documentaries
    • Cats
    • Changing Display Picture at least once per week
    • Turkish dizis (no need to be scared of 200 episode dramas with lots of brooding mustache oppas)
    • Royal gossip
    • Not using capital letters
    • Daily dramas / makjang dramas /weekend dramas
    • Good lighting - OCN dramas are not for me!
    • Jewelry, bangles. (Your look is not complete without at least a necklace around your neck)
    • The color blue
    • A good kimchi slap! (or seaweed slap. or any slap with food.)
    • Kdrama tropes. They are so bad that they are good.
    • Writing
    • Interior design & bathroom fittings (shower scenes are the perfect time to analyze them)
    • Encyclopedias (Lmangla is a walking encyclopedia herself)
    • Thai lakorns (makjang dramas on steroids)
    • Watching "the best of" drama videos on YouTube rather than watching the full episodes. No FF needed.
    • Mustache oppas. Because swoon.
    • Jung Il-woo in Bossam. Fangirl alert.
    • Old kdramas. They just don't make 'em like they used to...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2021 at 04:00 PM

@Lmangla Hope that you get the refreshing and the recharging that you need and deserve after all the hard work and effort you’ve put into making soompi a fun place for everyone to hang out at. I have enjoyed watching dramas with you and reading your thoughts. It’s good to know that I will see you around the drama threads. Tag me if there’s a great makjang to watch, and you know I will show up, haha:hooray2:

• Like 1
  • Love 8
  • Wiggle 2

@Lmangla Sweetie, are you trying to get people to get excited about a potential mustasche oppa event or scare them with a picture of your Turkish T-Rex oppa?

:loolz:

The only one who would be excited about T-Rex oppa is Ms Koko @kokodus

Will Smith Reaction GIF

And maybe @Min2206 because she does mention him from time to time :joy:

@Sleepy Owl can’t believe you voted for liking royal gossip too!

Your Noonas ( @Lmangla and me) are so proud !

:criesariver:

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Just now, Sky Kang said:

I'm a bit new to this community sadly I haven't experienced the events. I hope they bring back the guess the abs (or anything about abs) and the fashion terrorist poll and the variety quiz 

We always do a few events per month, so if you hang about the forums, you will experience at least one of them, very soon.

You can watch out for them, when you look above the thread and see the usually green background text announcing our events!

high quality GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 5

Dear @Lmangla This is for you. Words are inadequate to express our love and admiration for you. Thank you for you patience and all the help you have extended. Thank you for being the voice of reason when I became too enthusiastic about something. 

P.S. I am a big fan of your writing. As I have vehemently expressed previously.  I hope we will continue to enjoy your quirky, humourous and insightful write ups in future. Here and at other places . :heartxoxo:

It has been a pleasure knowing you and sharing our love for cats and K-dramas. :heart4:

• Love 7
  • Wiggle 2

Thank you @Lmangla. Awesome events and entertaining. Now, I am watching Turkish Dzis. Thank you for the introduction. You are right about the mustache but I love it more with short pony tailed mustached oppa, roarrrrrr. Looking forward to your continued insights in Soompi.

• Shocked 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, lila21 said:

Thank you @Lmangla. Awesome events and entertaining. Now, I am watching Turkish Dzis. Thank you for the introduction. You are right about the mustache. They are addicting. Looking forward to your continued insights in Soompi.

thanks... yea, lets just say that turkish dizis made me look at unshaven look differently. kekekek :joy:

but you would love it -- it is basically like extra versions of daily dramas that we watch. so a bit nonsensical (does every businessman have weapons and bodyguards? :sweatingbullets: ), over the top and can be very melodramatic makjang. I accidentally caught clips on youtube and was like "what the?????" and ended up watching one and then another. 

since we are usually on the same threads, think you would like these two:

siyah beyaz ask -- amazing chemistry and a couple that really push back against each other with very intense conversations. there was also lots of emotional family angst and dysfunctional relationships that was interesting to see play out. as usual, the first half was excellent and the second half was so so. basically limped to an ending. still a fun watch

5xWsdroeWxEvFE4EeCrNW1.jpg 

@partyon ~ note the abs on the man; the only way to have an argument. got your approval right? :P

then the other one to watch: 

sen anlat karadeniz -- this is a drama that touches on a very serious issue in a super melodramatic over the top way. basically it stressed me out because you are dying to have someone clobber and shoot the bad man. yea, thats how much you are shaking your head and hissing. the series is a bit too long. I basically watched half. then cheated by watching some episodes here and there in the second half and then watched the ending. hahahahha... but it is interesting because it shows the black sea region and it is almost like they have different customs and traditions compared to other parts of the country? not sure though.. the black sea is almost like a character or invisible ghost that hovers and it is interesting to how the charachters keep referring to the sea as something wild and untamed and those who live there inhibit those same feelings. some of those kind of notes were interesting to see... some great OST music that is very turkish . 

2763b9a1ae088a2a84208334a5cae701.jpg 

for @confusedheart, a good looking man and a cat. what's not to like right? :D 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

59 minutes ago, lila21 said:

You are right about the mustache but I love it more with short pony tailed mustached oppa, roarrrrrr.

A mustache oppa with a pony tail? :scream: And he is short too!?!!? :scream:

:spitswater:

Can you post a pic of him?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, partyon said:

mustache oppa with a pony tail? :scream: And he is short too!?!!? :scream:

He is not short but his pony tail is and I just saw him on you tube when I was watching the 10 best Turkey dramas in You Tube. I did not get the name of the drama but I am watching one now in Netflix and yes the oppa is supersexy but so are the noonas. The drama is so makjang from the start but loving it. It is Intersection. I will definitely continue to watch other dizis

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

but you would love it -- it is basically like extra versions of daily dramas that we watch. so a bit nonsensical (does every businessman have weapons and bodyguards? :sweatingbullets: ), over the top and can be very melodramatic makjang. I accidentally caught clips on youtube and was like "what the?????" and ended up watching one and then another. 

are all mother in laws internationally the same in all dramas? I am like, I know that MIL... hahahaha, poor MILs they being given such bad raps

• LOL 4