Quick Poll: Are you a K-Drama addict? Signs you are a K-drama addict!

confusedheart

Are you a K-Drama addict? Signs you are a K-drama addict!  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a K-Drama addict? Signs you are a K-drama addict!

• “I am just going to watch one episode.” Said no K-drama addict ever. Insomnia due to kdrama marathons? Check.
    • Subs? Who needs them! Just watch them raw and rely on the few bits of Korean ("otoke", "omo) and body language to figure out what happened.
    • You follow a lot of Korean oppas and actresses on social media. Including supporting actors/actresses.
    • Your family/friends scold you about using K-drama standards for your love life wishlist, Can't they see that oppa is perfect?
    • You have made friends on Soompi and other kdrama forums, because they are the only ones who understand your kdrama obsession.
    • You are experienced enough to know that second leads will almost never get the girl and so guard your heart and set reasonable expectations.
    • You frequently drop Korean words while conversing. "Aigoo", "Omo", "Jinja" are part of your vocabulary now
    • You have a long ‘To Watch’ list and a longer ‘Dropped’ list.
    • You have withdrawal symptoms when your favourite drama ends. So you end up re-watching it immediately.
    • You have fallen in love with everything Korean- the food, the culture, the language and of course the people.
    • K-drama OST has found a place in your playlist.
    • You know which writers' dramas to stay away from. Even though your favorite actors/actresses are starring in it. No more brain transplants please.
    • You crave the PPL (Product Placement) food they are showing in the drama. You even bought some of the PPL merchandise shown.... Not that you really needed it
    • All the oppas you loved have now become ajusshis. Wait, when did time pass and when did we become old together? Yikes!
    • You have a K-beauty skincare routine nowadays.
    • South Korea is your dream vacation destination. Preferably with oppa waiting to pick you up from the airport.
    • You have an ultimate oppa/noona because let's face it, not all oppas/noonas are created equal.
    • You used to get confused with Korean names. Not anymore. Kim Soo Hyun and Kim So Hyun? Not the same person.
    • You love the truck of doom, kimchi slaps and hair pulling. You love all the tropes for their absurdity. They are so bad they are good!
    • Something else. What? Please comment.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/2021 at 06:29 AM

On 8/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, confusedheart326 said:

16-20: your relatives have checked you in rehab, which is the only reason why you aren't walking down the streets of Seoul to meet your oppa. Perhaps you have broken out already and been to Korea, but there are so many drama locations you haven't been to yet...

I need to win the lottery :lol:

9 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

Chingu, I have started a 'secret'  folder too with K-drama OSTs

I managed to get the OST for My PS Partner, and I will have to be careful with my underaged daughter who likes to snoop around whenever I'm listening to any OSTs. :sweatingbullets::ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Blob 5

I am at the border of the final Green Category after getting the score of 15 here :joy:

So for now, I am in the Purple Group,

10-15: you're at the point of no return, have succumbed to the trills of dramatic K-drama OST and can fling around random Korean words around you as self-defence for anyone wanting to bring you back to the normal world

This meme perfectly sums up my every night :loolz:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

OMO! I'm addicted and Iuvin it! Aigoooooooo chingus! kdrama is life! :gangnamstyle::heartxoxo:

The fact that we watch even if it's raw and that we keep saying.. just one more episode then we'll sleep but we end up finishing all episodes! :joy:

I enjoyed this poll. check everything except following stars on IG and please comment ..:lol:

Thumbs up  because everythinng on the poll is sooooooo me!:joy:

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart326

And Signal my ult fav! And Moon Geun Young runnning  the tie on her hair fell on ground she turned around hair flowing still one of beautiful kdrama scenes ever. Oh and that "First Time" piano playing scene in Winter Sonata with the cinematography the colors!  JiSung laughing then crying  crossing the streets in drama Secret Love was oscar worthy or Yoo Seung Ho in Remember- I cried the first 2 mins of ep 1. Heo Jung Eun monologue in Geumbi.. well list goes on and on me addicted

Oh wait...can we have best or favorite kdrama scenes too?:waves:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, madmad min said:

You used to get confused with Korean names. Not anymore. Kim Soo Hyun and Kim So Hyun? Not the same person

I STILL AM!!! Lol. 

I too get confused between these 2 names and I try not to watch any of their movies.

Until today when there is any movies with their names , i still have to look for Dr Google to find out

if is a he or a she.

zCH44xHTFyvxrlWFW4LC1wLo=

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

I still can't tell which is which KSH is male or female actor.

If they do a series, I am going to be among first to watch. The guy has played with older women in Moon embracing the Sun and another with Gianna Jun (?). I thought that Moon show was good. Didn't watch the other one. Perhaps he'll have more fun with actors his age.

I'll need to use less imagination.

I think they would have been good for Goong remake.

• Like 1
  • Blob 6

On 8/1/2021 at 5:48 PM, confusedheart326 said:

Quick Poll: Are you a K-Drama addict? Signs you are a K-drama addict!

If you are a Potterhead, you must know about the ‘soul-sucking fiends’, the Dementors who leave their victims in a permanent vegetative state.   Has your soul been consumed by the K-drama Dementors, leaving you with no social life?  

cr: to the creator

Did your addiction start innocently with a ‘Playful Kiss’ ? Do you find yourself 'On the Verge of Madness'?  Is everyone now aware of your not so ‘Secret Romance’ with K-dramas? Does your ‘Love Alarm’ go Du-geun Du-geun when your discover a new oppa/ noona/ unnie/ ahjussi? 

Fear not Chingus, your ‘Good Doctor’ EO ‘Healer’ team is here. Because we firmly believe in the mantra that ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’. So check out the Quick Poll and diagnose your symptoms.  

And the results are *drum rolls*

• 0-5: you got lost on the forums and now stay for the tea and cookies.
  • 6-9: you either need to catch up, or you're hiding your obsession very well, even from yourself
  • 10-15: you're at the point of no return, have succumbed to the trills of dramatic K-drama OST and can fling around random Korean words around you as self-defence for anyone wanting to bring you back to the normal world
  • 16-20: your relatives have checked you in rehab, which is the only reason why you aren't walking down the streets of Seoul to meet your oppa. Perhaps you have broken out already and been to Korea, but there are so many drama locations you haven't been to yet...
" As with all Quick Polls, you only have 36 hours to vote! "

Please feel free to reach out to us, your friendly neighborhood EOs with your suggestions for events, including Quick Polls.

re : @partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart326

tagging:

Reveal hidden contents

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual @Rockman @SilverDawn @000231846597 @Amirr @xiashenghan @larus @sadthe1st @MinLyn @anna265 @Sarang21 @mirmz @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu @elan1 @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus @Abs_ triggered  @celebrianna  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline @HappyVibes @HR. @Heera @Lara2020 @mamabear @graceyco @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @LAARNI @louie_999 @Lunita @Pichi Couple @RollyPenny @Sunnnnny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo @Reena @ELFlamingo @Rogue85 @shipper @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar @hushhh @reiko @@sinhvichuchu @danisnk222 @Nguyenduyen @hanhy @Jasmine Kay @naul  

@choco milo @reasilvi @dolorisbrady @Fangirl22 @willenette @rocher22 @NPR @africandramalover @Itsmylifeboss @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535 @croquembouche2018 @wze2702 @Rose Sam @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest @QueenieBee @Babam @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu  @kismet22 @rita96 @Missprincesa @Miadee @stellalafemme @Asgarla @vangsweetie637 @Indianfan @haha1999 @BinjinFangirl @ocean90 @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara @im0202 @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@vajandi @tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Y.Q. @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy @gnyaa @hahanzyy @superspace @Kool @audreyng205 @Gina Nazario @Ding77  @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @Tracie13 @rukizie @kaykafisyah @cafe99 @danisnk222 @liv_well @Romance Tag @kittyna @joybran @liongurl @Edgar Pordwed @LiB for Velvet @samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33 @izziemazzie @Yippeun_eonnie @Joanna Alfson @kireeti2 @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @ssteph @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236 @firebabe @inspiredbyshj @Mikayla Holloway @weirdnshort @sakurapotter @gy_pyang_gy @katakwasabi @soojeons  @SophieH  @Minbongyi  @Alice Wonderland  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@TiNaDo @UnniSarah  @strongtower @PeVe @Nodame @faithwalker @booha @iksunijini @forme26 fi @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella @Dal-A @Mocharel @westley @maria_m2me  @Adwina Oltariani @pauliza @Lj @princessaves  @mocha @valinor500 @Spring Mood  @FanMode101 @Soar Wi @Lyricalstars @agenth @anyeze 

@Aolian @fragola @ncly @Olea @Denali @hola2jin @SCSfanz @selen4ever @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @deborahkim @MrEildriz @makyno @tsukino7 @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple @blingbling @billroberts @miraliyana90 @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @sora sora @eLizza @Ms.sunshine @vangie_bicera @tothestars  

@pad-hari  @Lavenderpurple @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O @annaR @Jinnie @Firefly @CA C @widala  @loreana @JumboQueen @adzukibean_rcl @SophieH @Poppy517  @Heretorant @gutterland @Phoenix26  @lexicon  @mademoisellesia @Areumdaun @extrodinairey @Senseandstyle  @MineunGoals  @erfatm @pixie0622  

@asiaren  @Poppy517 @Alila N @goldsh _216  @binderclips123 @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby @doralok  @belena @NYdoc @HappyForLove @Jernie @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @Blithenostalgia @brooksmom  

@frozentundra  @Gretule @Combsmania  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru  

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve 

db48ecfe309b70847a8d622973b24487.gif

hai everyone. :D thank you @confusedheart326 for tagging me on this quick poll. a unique title poll that captures the essence and make a lasting impression. :D due to Covid 19, we were told to stay home. maybe that's an opportunity to watch k-drama. which of these drama series with the word addict in the title do you most want to see? :D of those listed, I'd watch Goblin. I'm also tempted to watch The King:Eternal Monarch "TKEM". :D maybe Princess Hours should be on the list. :D I added only the titles with the word quick because there's already a poll with binge watching. :D 

a487d8454aac4572d1e241bc0731eb0d.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

152e0d6b7267ce28578580834627.jpg

• 10-15: you're at the point of no return, have succumbed to the trills of dramatic K-drama OST and can fling around random Korean words around you as self-defence for anyone wanting to bring you back to the normal world

^ this is my result too with 14 points! worse/better than I imagined? 

Years ago people would look at me crazy if I mentioned kdrama, nowadays due to kpop and BTS, people are starting to get interested in kdrama. my ultimate recommendation is Lovestruck in the City ;) with 100% success rate!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

@lexicon That's exactly why I joined Soompi. I had been lurking for few months before I finally took the plunge.  :D I don't have chingus in real life who watch K-dramas and I have tried my best to convert them but all in vain. I have not given up and keep recommending K-dramas, hoping they will give it a try. :naughty:

@anjuliet JI Sung! How have I not watched it yet!  This is why I am still a novice in K-drama land. :bawling:Thanks for inadvertently recommending a Ji Sung movie. :kiss_wink:

@Sleepy Owl Strangely all four of us @Lmangla , @agenth  are borderline addicts where as @partyon is leading the scoreboard. I thought I'd easily cross 15. I have up up my K-drama game and that means not getting confused with names. Going full steam ahead........

Full Steam Ahead GIFs | Tenor

@jongski OMG! Secret Love was my first K-drama! Man, I got it bad since then. He completely swept me off with his terrific acting. There was no looking back since then.  Yeah, well I decided to embrace my K-drama addiction and keep it a 'Secret' anymore. Thanks for participating.  :kiss_wink:

@Thong Thin You should see me during brain storming sessions with the EO Team. Everyone's discussing, throwing names.... @confusedheart326 has quietly left the meeting.:joy:

I get overwhelmed with the names. So while everyone is firing away names, I quietly Google them all. Google is definitely my friend.:tounge_wink: I am the 'oh the errand girl', 'oh that guy who was in Mask' kind of person. Unless the drama has my favourite ahjussis:heart3:I know their names and never ever get confused. :D

@maribella Goong is my latest obsession. I find the two leads just perfect for the role and binge watching it whenever I am free. I was watching Good Doctor but I have put that in the back burner as of now because I can't get enough of the cute royal couple in Goong. :biubiu:

@twinkle_little_star I binge watched a lot of K-dramas too last year. Not completed Goblin. Yet. I think I paused at around ep 6/7. Watching Goong. This is my first time watching it. I can't stop loving it. I hope they don't ruin it with a remake.:cries:

@agenth Subtle PPL, Chingu!:approves:I am stuck on 14 too. I can't believe I didn't make it to Green group. :wut:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

6 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

JI Sung! How have I not watched it yet!  This is why I am still a novice in K-drama land. :bawling:Thanks for inadvertently recommending a Ji Sung movie

@confusedheart326 Ikr?? I didn't even know about his movie until I read about it from another thread. :blink: It has become one of my favorites. Enjoy! :lol: 

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Hello chingus! :piggydance:

Thank you everyone for voting in the poll and participating in the discussion. :heartxoxo:I hope you all had fun.

@gm4queen, @Thong Thin, @MayanEcho, @larus, @YongZura⁷, @Ameera Ali, @LeftCoastOppa, @Lmangla, @anjuliet, @maribella, @kittyna, @partyon @madmad min, @itsmeash , @lexicon , @Sleepy Owl, @jongski , @twinkle_little_star , @agenth

Let us embrace our love for K-dramas. :heart4:

Kdrama Addict Posters | Redbubble

We will be back soon with an interesting event later this month. Please look forward to it. :dorakiss:

Your friendly neighbourhood  Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart326

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

5 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

all the signs are def proof i'm a kdrama addict, but sad i missed the closing! awwww :(

Awww... Sorry to hear that, chingu... :tears:

Hopefully you can join our event next time. :kiss_wink:

We have a big event launching on Monday August 16th. Please look forward to it!

twerk dancing GIF

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

On 8/7/2021 at 1:25 AM, partyon said:

Awww... Sorry to hear that, chingu... :tears:

Hopefully you can join our event next time. :kiss_wink:

We have a big event launching on Monday August 16th. Please look forward to it!

twerk dancing GIF

yes chingu i was sad about that - finding this after the fact but there's always a next time right? :):gangnamstyle:

what's the nxt event chingu? i hope i won't forget to come here LOLs I l ove the dancing supermans hahaha

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

5 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

yes chingu i was sad about that - finding this after the fact but there's always a next time right? :)

what's the nxt event chingu? i hope i won't forget to come here LOLs I l ove the dancing supermans hahaha

you can still answer the questions and then add up the points to find out what kind of kdrama fan you are :D

the next event is... as always... a surprise :D but I think it will be soon, in a couple of days, so please watch out for it! 

• Blob 3

Darn another poll missed out by me. Just my luck.

As for how I got addicted I tell you it was all a misunderstanding and I am innocent. :) The true culprits have to be my younger siblings who have managed to move on but leave me behind with my addiction. :( 

It all started with 3 dramas and after that it was too late to come out of the abys that starred back at me. 

The first one had to be the drama Fugitive Plan B. Over here I entered the room when they were watching said drama. Didn't really catch my attention and when I asked them what they were watching I just caught Fugitive and B. Now if one might be aware a few years back there was a movie with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones called the The Fugitive and later on there was a Tv series spin off as well. I simply thought that it was connected to it and didn't pay it much attention and left the room. Sometime later I passed by again and they were still at it. But this time I witnessed a slap scene. That got me interested a bit. A few years back my Aunt and Uncle were into these Indian Dramas for some reason and I occasionally glanced in and was almost always present to witness a slap scene for some weird reason. Perhaps that was the normal. So it just got me into watching said drama to realize that it was a Korean show and not related to the initial movie and show that I thought that it was.

I probably would have been still able to walk away from these dramas and not get addicted if I had left it at that. This drama would have been the one.

But sadly that wasn't to be the case. Then came the second round of my misunderstanding that hooked me deeper into the drama world. During this time period there was a Daily called Smile Again (2010 version)/Smile Donghae and another drama called Dream High. I initially saw an add airing on the channel for Dream High and from it looked a bit like a Martial Arts movie that I saw some time back. That naturally got me interested. So I waited carefully to watch said show only to be surprised that it was about a K-Pop school and about training idols and all. I still decided to give it a chance and that pretty much got me hooked as I couldn't wait to check out the next show to air.

As for Smile Again since I didn't know the exact timings for both of these shows I would keep the TV on and wait for them till I learned the actual timings. Till then I watched a few random episodes of Smile Again from the middle. Mind you and then I was like wait what will happen next will those two characters even meet, what is up with those near misses and will the scheming people actually get punished. LoL :) So from about episode 30 or so maybe 60 can't recall the exact number I was into dailies as well. 

The rest is history as they like to say. As one can see it was a total case of misunderstandings that got me into drama watching. Now I have a list that I want to watch someday but for some reason can't do so. Mostly due to time constraints and Yes I already have one writer on my Ban List and another on my Naughty List. 

Lets see what the future now holds for all of us.

• Love 2