Quick Poll: Are you a K-Drama addict? Signs you are a K-drama addict!

confusedheart

Are you a K-Drama addict? Signs you are a K-drama addict!  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a K-Drama addict? Signs you are a K-drama addict!

• “I am just going to watch one episode.” Said no K-drama addict ever. Insomnia due to kdrama marathons? Check.
    • Subs? Who needs them! Just watch them raw and rely on the few bits of Korean ("otoke", "omo) and body language to figure out what happened.
    • You follow a lot of Korean oppas and actresses on social media. Including supporting actors/actresses.
    • Your family/friends scold you about using K-drama standards for your love life wishlist, Can't they see that oppa is perfect?
    • You have made friends on Soompi and other kdrama forums, because they are the only ones who understand your kdrama obsession.
    • You are experienced enough to know that second leads will almost never get the girl and so guard your heart and set reasonable expectations.
    • You frequently drop Korean words while conversing. "Aigoo", "Omo", "Jinja" are part of your vocabulary now
    • You have a long ‘To Watch’ list and a longer ‘Dropped’ list.
    • You have withdrawal symptoms when your favourite drama ends. So you end up re-watching it immediately.
    • You have fallen in love with everything Korean- the food, the culture, the language and of course the people.
    • K-drama OST has found a place in your playlist.
    • You know which writers' dramas to stay away from. Even though your favorite actors/actresses are starring in it. No more brain transplants please.
    • You crave the PPL (Product Placement) food they are showing in the drama. You even bought some of the PPL merchandise shown.... Not that you really needed it
    • All the oppas you loved have now become ajusshis. Wait, when did time pass and when did we become old together? Yikes!
    • You have a K-beauty skincare routine nowadays.
    • South Korea is your dream vacation destination. Preferably with oppa waiting to pick you up from the airport.
    • You have an ultimate oppa/noona because let's face it, not all oppas/noonas are created equal.
    • You used to get confused with Korean names. Not anymore. Kim Soo Hyun and Kim So Hyun? Not the same person.
    • You love the truck of doom, kimchi slaps and hair pulling. You love all the tropes for their absurdity. They are so bad they are good!
    • Something else. What? Please comment.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/2021 at 06:29 AM

Quick Poll: Are you a K-Drama addict? Signs you are a K-drama addict!

If you are a Potterhead, you must know about the ‘soul-sucking fiends’, the Dementors who leave their victims in a permanent vegetative state.   Has your soul been consumed by the K-drama Dementors, leaving you with no social life?  

kdrama addict uploaded by koreanfever2015 on We Heart It

cr: to the creator

Did your addiction start innocently with a ‘Playful Kiss’ ? Do you find yourself 'On the Verge of Madness'?  Is everyone now aware of your not so ‘Secret Romance’ with K-dramas? Does your ‘Love Alarm’ go Du-geun Du-geun when your discover a new oppa/ noona/ unnie/ ahjussi? 

Everytime eh? #goblin #kdrama #kdramas #korean #drama #oppa #memes #meme  #kdramamemes #kdramameme | Kdrama funny, Korean drama quotes, Drama memes

Fear not Chingus, your ‘Good Doctor’ EO ‘Healer’ team is here. Because we firmly believe in the mantra that ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’. So check out the Quick Poll and diagnose your symptoms.  

Kpop Memes on Twitter | Korean drama quotes, Drama memes, Kdrama funny

And the results are *drum rolls*

• 0-5: you got lost on the forums and now stay for the tea and cookies.
  • 6-9: you either need to catch up, or you're hiding your obsession very well, even from yourself
  • 10-15: you're at the point of no return, have succumbed to the trills of dramatic K-drama OST and can fling around random Korean words around you as self-defence for anyone wanting to bring you back to the normal world
  • 16-20: your relatives have checked you in rehab, which is the only reason why you aren't walking down the streets of Seoul to meet your oppa. Perhaps you have broken out already and been to Korea, but there are so many drama locations you haven't been to yet...
" As with all Quick Polls, you only have 36 hours to vote! "

Please feel free to reach out to us, your friendly neighborhood EOs with your suggestions for events, including Quick Polls.

re : @partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart326

tagging:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual @Rockman @SilverDawn @000231846597 @Amirr @xiashenghan @larus @sadthe1st @MinLyn @anna265 @Sarang21 @mirmz @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu @elan1 @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus @Abs_ triggered  @celebrianna  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline @HappyVibes @HR. @Heera @Lara2020 @mamabear @graceyco @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @LAARNI @louie_999 @Lunita @Pichi Couple @RollyPenny @Sunnnnny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo @Reena @ELFlamingo @Rogue85 @shipper @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar @hushhh @reiko @@sinhvichuchu @danisnk222 @Nguyenduyen @hanhy @Jasmine Kay @naul  

@choco milo @reasilvi @dolorisbrady @Fangirl22 @willenette @rocher22 @NPR @africandramalover @Itsmylifeboss @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535 @croquembouche2018 @wze2702 @Rose Sam @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest @QueenieBee @Babam @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu  @kismet22 @rita96 @Missprincesa @Miadee @stellalafemme @Asgarla @vangsweetie637 @Indianfan @haha1999 @BinjinFangirl @ocean90 @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara @im0202 @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@vajandi @tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Y.Q. @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy @gnyaa @hahanzyy @superspace @Kool @audreyng205 @Gina Nazario @Ding77  @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @Tracie13 @rukizie @kaykafisyah @cafe99 @danisnk222 @liv_well @Romance Tag @kittyna @joybran @liongurl @Edgar Pordwed @LiB for Velvet @samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33 @izziemazzie @Yippeun_eonnie @Joanna Alfson @kireeti2 @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @ssteph @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236 @firebabe @inspiredbyshj @Mikayla Holloway @weirdnshort @sakurapotter @gy_pyang_gy @katakwasabi @soojeons  @SophieH  @Minbongyi  @Alice Wonderland  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@TiNaDo @UnniSarah  @strongtower @PeVe @Nodame @faithwalker @booha @iksunijini @forme26 fi @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella @Dal-A @Mocharel @westley @maria_m2me  @Adwina Oltariani @pauliza @Lj @princessaves  @mocha @valinor500 @Spring Mood  @FanMode101 @Soar Wi @Lyricalstars @agenth @anyeze 

@Aolian @fragola @ncly @Olea @Denali @hola2jin @SCSfanz @selen4ever @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @deborahkim @MrEildriz @makyno @tsukino7 @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple @blingbling @billroberts @miraliyana90 @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @sora sora @eLizza @Ms.sunshine @vangie_bicera @tothestars  

@pad-hari  @Lavenderpurple @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O @annaR @Jinnie @Firefly @CA C @widala  @loreana @JumboQueen @adzukibean_rcl @SophieH @Poppy517  @Heretorant @gutterland @Phoenix26  @lexicon  @mademoisellesia @Areumdaun @extrodinairey @Senseandstyle  @MineunGoals  @erfatm @pixie0622  

@asiaren  @Poppy517 @Alila N @goldsh _216  @binderclips123 @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby @doralok  @belena @NYdoc @HappyForLove @Jernie @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @Blithenostalgia @brooksmom  

@frozentundra  @Gretule @Combsmania  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru  

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve 

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

• confusedheart changed the title to Quick Poll: Are you a K-Drama addict? Signs you are a K-drama addict!

@confusedheart326 Thanks for tagging! ^_^ Uh, I belong to the orange bracket, so the answer's no, I'm not. :D

For my completed, no FF Kdramas, what I've watched this year were Mr Queen and The Page Turner, I think? So I know Kim So Hyun, but I can't recall Mr Queen actress' name, LOL! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 2

@confusedheart326 wow I get high mark - me thinking positively about my addiction :mrgreen: 

16-20: your relatives have checked you in rehab, which is the only reason why you aren't walking down the streets of Seoul to meet your oppa. Perhaps you have broken out already and been to Korea, but there are so many drama locations you haven't been to yet...

#what  I did when I breakout from rehab to street of soul ( if you wondering )

cf884ZD.gif

• LOL 8
  • Awesome 1

I am shocked that I only got 10 points. what?? has my kdrama addiction been cured after so many years? hahahhaha... guess it is at manageable levels since I am experienced? :P

I am trying to think of some of the dramas that I enjoyed when I started watching..

I vaguely remember this one.. has anyone seen it? it had a melo ending. called "springtime" with jang dong gun and kim hyun joo. actually liked quite a few of her earlier dramas

RB2QEc.jpg 

then there was the family weekend drama called "her house" which also had lee seo jin and kim hyun joo as one of the side couples... ah, time flies! 

Her House (2001) poster

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

I'd like to think that I am a discerning viewer more than an addict since I stop watching shows that are bad for my brain, yes they had brain transplants or may be I did. But then I kept going back to the forum to find out the ending.

I am an addict.:pensive:

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Wound up checking 8 items ;) I think I knew from the start that this was something I wanted to be passionate about, but not addicted to. I'm also the person who thinks that if something's good, I should slowly savour it - so, no: no marathons for me. It's one episode at a time. Always. ;) 

And I think the only Korean I use in everyday conversation is "Bbali bbali" - and only with family (i.e. "I have an appointment coming up soon, so I gotta bbali bbali now.") Otherwise, though, it's mostly just in my head...and this Canadian's interjections/exclamations tend to be British (e.g. "Oh, bloody hell!").

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@gm4queen Me too chingu. I got it bad! I don't want to be cured either. :crazymad:Too many good looking oppas and ahjussi in K-drama land.:wub:

@Thong Thin After watching K-dramas I realized 'Ramen' was an extremely loaded word. So must be used with caution. :joy:

@MayanEcho How did you manage to escape the lure of K-dramas? Mr. Queen was so good till they messed up the ending. :onfirex: I don't know why they blotched it up.

@larus Jeoldae! You can't! Just imagine a life without the handsome oppas and @Ameera Ali's ab gifs!

:headbang:

@YongZura⁷ Who can resist their charm? So we don't blame you for shifting your alliances. :heart:@Ameera Ali Ssshhhh.... Don't let the authorities catch you.  :approves:

@LeftCoastOppa Reminds me of those lines from Hotel California:ph34r:

"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

@Lmangla You need to watch all the mindless dramas that we watch to up the ante. :naughty:

@anjuliet Chingu, I have started a 'secret'  folder too with K-drama OSTs. :bashful:

@maribella Chingu, we are in this together. Through thick and thin... we overcome brain transplants (Mouse), Transmigration of Souls (Mr. Queen), we have seen it all, well almost, for K-dramas always surprise us!:mrgreen:

@kittyna Oh I have no self control! I binge watch dramas. I watch multiple dramas at the same time.  FF button is my favourite button now. :hwaiting2:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

28 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

@partyon Ssshhhh.... Don't let the authorities catch you. 

I think you were referring to my twin @Ameera Ali here.

Then again, as we are twins, I guess it's pertinent to tag me.

:loolz:

I got:

• 10-15: you're at the point of no return, have succumbed to the trills of dramatic K-drama OST and can fling around random Korean words around you as self-defence for anyone wanting to bring you back to the normal world

I am not surprised. Watch me use omo! / jinja? / chingu / pali pali / aigoo / ottokke without flinching and with everyone outside of Soompi giving me a blank stare 'cause they have no idea what I am saying....

spacer.png

cr. to owner

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

How did you manage to escape the lure of K-dramas? Mr. Queen was so good till they messed up the ending. I don't know why they blotched it up.

I vaguely remember watching My Sassy Girl, and a bit of Endless Love, Jewel in the Palace, and Goblin, but then I was so darn busy that I haven't really focused on watching any shows except news. If I was seeing something else, it would be movies. Downtime would often be with books. :D

A couple months before the pandemic, I just started seeing a drama again, but 1) it was not a Kdrama, and 2) the BGM and the clip were so well-matched, I binge-watched the almost 60eps show in 3days. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

You used to get confused with Korean names. Not anymore. Kim Soo Hyun and Kim So Hyun? Not the same person

:loolz:  I STILL AM!!! Lol. 

But I am more into Cdramas Now, Kdramas are one per 6 months now?? They are not the same anymore. I prefer them to end then watch it Live, 60% of them ruin the storyline with excessive romance since last year I found. So I end up watching the very high rated ones only Lol. But that's just me.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Hi Chingus 

I am in the Purple category...

If I can add to the list: promoting K-dramas.

People I am close with know that I watch Korean dramas, and given half a chance I will talk about what I am currently watching, etc. 

I even have a list of my favourite dramas, including a suggestion list for "beginners".  :please: 

Initially, I only managed to get only get one or two on board. However with Netflix and the likes quite a few people I know now, have also started watching.

Korean Drama Flirt GIF by The Swoon

• Like 1
  • Blob 6