Quick poll: Animate your life

Lmangla

colours!  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these anime movies have you seen? (choose as many as you have seen)

• Spirited Away
    • Grave of fireflies
    • Your name
    • Princess Mononoke
    • Silent Voice
    • Howl's moving castle
    • My neighbour Totoro
    • Wolf children
    • Nausicaa of the valley of the wind
    • Castle in the sky
    • Ghost in the shell
    • Whisper of the heart
    • Castle of Cagliostro (Lupin)
    • Evangelion movies
    • Arietty
    • Demon slayer: infinite train
    • Weathering with you
    • I want to eat your pancreas
    • Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’
    • I don't like anime / I prefer k-dramas
  2. 2. Would you like to watch anime together with Soompi chingus?

• Yes, that sounds like fun
    • No, anime is not really my interest
    • Maybe, sounds interesting
  3. 3. If we set up an anime club watch, which of these anime series would you like to watch with your Soompi chingus? (choose up to 3)

• Demon Slayer - 26 eps
    • Death Note - 37 eps
    • Tokyo Ghoul - 48 eps
    • Attack on Titan - 75 eps
    • Violet Evergarden - 13 eps
    • Code Geass - 50 eps
    • Your Lie in April - 22 eps
    • Parasyte - 24 eps
    • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 64 eps
    • Cowboy Bebop - 26 eps
    • Future boy Conan - 26 eps
    • Planetes – 26 eps
    • Vision of Escalowne - 26 eps
    • Mobile suit Gundam 00 series -- 26 eps
    • Haikyu!! (season 1 - 25 eps)
    • Steins Gate - 24 eos
    • Dragon Ball Z - 291 eps
    • Clannad - 24 eps
    • * for those not interested in joining the anime watch, click here

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2021 at 02:00 PM

hello chingus!

it is time for another quick poll; this time, we take inspiration from one of the smaller zones in Soompi, the global entertainment. for those not aware, we have a small zone where chingus can also discuss dramas other than kdramas and it is called global entertainment. check it out! this poll comes from the Japan sub-section of the global entertainment zone.

for this poll, we have taken inspiration from anime! many of our chingus watch or have watched anime in the past.

Q1 looks at some of the famous anime movies. so how many of you have watched?

0-5: colour spectrum level - red

5-10: colour spectrum level - yellow

10-15: colour spectrum leve - green

15-20: colour spectrum level - blue

what's your level? what were your favourite moves? let us know!

AAAABZhgTptV5C0tnRNyBhTXfES-YCdeEC6HiObn

Anime club?

we know that many might be going through a drama slump or just looking for something else to watch. how about watching anime series with your fellow soompi chingus? it would work just like a drama thread. we would watch a few episodes (maybe 2) a week, comment, discuss and laugh. would that be something of interest to you?

it would happen on the anime thread that we have in the section. if that sounds like fun, please click yes for Q2. we are looking to see if we can form a group of 7-10 chingus at least to have a small anime club going. in Q3, you can choose the series you would most be interested to watch together. we have chosen all famous well-known series and tried to include different themes. so you should be able to find them available in subbed or dubbed versions.

Just FYI - around Soompi...

~ do you watch jdramas? if Signal is one of your favourite kdramas, maybe you can check out the Japanese version. join @liddi and others to discuss here

~ we also have a shippers thread for all cartoon/comics/movie ships! do join @mirmz and others if you are interested.

~ missing Lee Min Ho's "The King: Eternal Monarch" - fans are having a re-watch. you can join them here.

~ looking for a laugh, why not join the meme thread and post memes on different themes.

~ we are running a few polls on these actors threads - if you are familiar with/enjoy/love their work, have fun participating in the polls on these threads! Ok TaecYeon (Vincenzo), Park Seo Joon, Jang Hyuk, Park Bo Gum, Choi Jin Hyuk, Joo Won. Lee Jong Suk , Choi Daniel
Choi Jin Hyuk is celebrating 15 years since his debut. join his fans on the thread!

the poll will close Tuesday evening (11 PM, Korea time). hope you can join us! :)

your event organizers,

@Lmangla, @partyon, @Sleepy Owl

tagging:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual @Rockman @SilverDawn @000231846597 @Amirr @xiashenghan @larus @sadthe1st @MinLyn @anna265 @Sarang21 @mirmz @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu @elan1 @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus @Abs_ triggered  @celebrianna  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline @HappyVibes @HR. @Heera @Lara2020 @mamabear @graceyco @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @LAARNI @louie_999 @Lunita @Pichi Couple @RollyPenny @Sunnnnny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo @Reena @ELFlamingo @Rogue85 @shipper @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar @hushhh @reiko @@sinhvichuchu @danisnk222 @Nguyenduyen @hanhy @Jasmine Kay @naul  

@choco milo @reasilvi @dolorisbrady @Fangirl22 @willenette @rocher22 @NPR @africandramalover @Itsmylifeboss @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535 @croquembouche2018 @wze2702 @Rose Sam @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest @QueenieBee @Babam @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu  @kismet22 @rita96 @Missprincesa @Miadee @stellalafemme @Asgarla @vangsweetie637 @Indianfan @haha1999 @BinjinFangirl @ocean90 @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara @im0202 @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@vajandi @tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Y.Q. @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy @gnyaa @hahanzyy @superspace @Kool @audreyng205 @Gina Nazario @Ding77  @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @Tracie13 @rukizie @kaykafisyah @cafe99 @danisnk222 @liv_well @Romance Tag @kittyna @joybran @liongurl @Edgar Pordwed @LiB for Velvet @samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33 @izziemazzie @Yippeun_eonnie @Joanna Alfson @kireeti2 @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @ssteph @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236 @firebabe @inspiredbyshj @Mikayla Holloway @weirdnshort @sakurapotter @gy_pyang_gy @katakwasabi @soojeons  @SophieH  @Minbongyi  @Alice Wonderland  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@TiNaDo @UnniSarah  @strongtower @PeVe @Nodame @faithwalker @booha @iksunijini @forme26 fi @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella @Dal-A @Mocharel @westley @maria_m2me  @Adwina Oltariani @pauliza @Lj @princessaves  @mocha @valinor500 @Spring Mood  @FanMode101 @Soar Wi @Lyricalstars @agenth @anyeze 

@Aolian @fragola @ncly @Olea @Denali @hola2jin @SCSfanz @selen4ever @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @deborahkim @MrEildriz @makyno @tsukino7 @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple @blingbling @billroberts @miraliyana90 @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @sora sora @eLizza @Ms.sunshine @vangie_bicera @tothestars  

@pad-hari  @Lavenderpurple @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O @annaR @Jinnie @Firefly @CA C @widala  @loreana @JumboQueen @adzukibean_rcl @SophieH @Poppy517  @Heretorant @gutterland @Phoenix26  @lexicon  @mademoisellesia @Areumdaun @extrodinairey @Senseandstyle  @MineunGoals  @erfatm @pixie0622  

@asiaren  @Poppy517 @Alila N @goldsh _216  @binderclips123 @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby @doralok  @belena @NYdoc @HappyForLove @Jernie @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @Blithenostalgia @brooksmom  

@frozentundra  @Gretule @Combsmania  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru  

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve 

Edited by partyon
Choi Daniel poll reference added
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

• Lmangla changed the title to Quick poll: Animate your life

i wanted to watch Weathering With You but, was unable to find a free site to watch.. and forgot about it.

i watched Spirited Away many times! and never got sick of it..

sometimes when i took the morning train to work (before the pandemic) there was the alternate empty trains that went by the beautiful reservoir scenery and i would be reminded of this:-

train sitting GIF by Spirited Away

i have the book I Want to Eat Your Pancreas.

the ending, was totally unexpected.

thanks for the poll @Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl

• Love 3
  • Blob 2

21 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i have the book I Want to Eat Your Pancreas.

the ending, was totally unexpected.

based on the title, i thought it was some vampire/horror genre. but @Sleepy Owl told me the gist and it sounds like a real weepy tragedy. I guess if you are in the mood for something serious... :sweatingbullets:

I love spirited away -- has a great soundtrack and yea, I know what you mean where you are reminded of the anime in train rides. there is something about that scene that stays with you...

• Love 2
  • Blob 3

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

based on the title, i thought it was some vampire/horror genre. but @Sleepy Owl told me the gist and it sounds like a real weepy tragedy. I guess if you are in the mood for something serious... :sweatingbullets:

hahaha it's not horror genre.. i would classify it as friendship and maybe, motivational as well.

it's a good read actually!

i lent it to my colleague the last time, and her daughter read it as well

i won't say it's the weepy kind, but it's the type that tugs at the heart but not to the extent of crying loads hahaha

this is the official website:-

https://iwanttoeatyourpancreas.com/book/

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

I've watched half of those movies and anime series already so I didn't vote for those. I'd be interested in watching Violet Evergarden and Parasyte. I watched some of DBZ dubbed when I was a kid but for some reason YTV didn't air the rest of the episodes so I didn't finish it back then, I lost track of what episode # I watched up to. My favourites on that list are Death Note, FMAB and Haikyuu (the 1st 3 seasons are addicting but I started losing interest at S4 when the art style changed along with the mangaka's, it feels like Karasuno already won anyways) the other version of FMA was also good even though it deviated from the manga. 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

@mirmz lil sis, @crystaltears, FMAB was definitely an amazing anime. I have watched it 3 times, but I never got tired of watching it, and would love to watch it if we decide to watch it together (I would love it with any anime though). The fact that this anime has remained the highest rated anime on imdb for years explains a lot about it. 

At the same time, I would have voted for several anime for the watching with Soompi Chingus, but only had to choose 3. Anyway, I chose "Violet Evergarden", a small, yet quite meaningful anime in my opinion. At the same time, I think watching "demon slayer" would be fun too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

39 minutes ago, mirmz said:

OMG WE SHOULD TOTALLY WATCH FMAB (fullmetal alchemist brotherhood)! it's my all time favorite anime!

I watched the shorter version but never got around to watched brotherhood though I have marked it on netflix.

49 minutes ago, crystaltears said:

I've watched half of those movies and anime series already so I didn't vote for those. I'd be interested in watching Violet Evergarden and Parasyte

guess you have watched a lot of anime. am more familiar with the older names as I haven't watched anime for a few years. the last one I watched was the shorter fullmetal alchemist. @Sleepy Owltells me some of these newer names are good. if we can get a group, it would definitely be fun to check them out..

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I watched the shorter version but never got around to watched brotherhood though I have marked it on netflix.

I think you should watch Brotherhood, Noona. The first one aired when the manga was not complete and so it diverted from the main plot (which I have heard was still good). Brotherhood followed the manga, and is a great anime. 

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

Yey for this poll.  At some point in our lives we watched and got hook on anime.. and mangas. And now the norm of dramas in Japan it's live action of  anime/manga. In China it's the webnovels and in Korea..in most recent years almost all dramas seems to be adapted from webtoon.

Back to the polls....

Howl's Moving Castle. Haikyu Violet Evergarden. Weathering With You. Your Name. 

Lets watch go watch these, Chingus!

OT:  event mods for futue poll.. webtoons we would like to see as a drama. :P:D

pretty sure POTN will never become kdrama but I wouldn't mind OCN doing December Rain but I doubt it'll happen.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

6 hours ago, jongski said:

Yey for this poll.  At some point in our lives we watched and got hook on anime.. and mangas. And now the norm of dramas in Japan it's live action of  anime/manga. In China it's the webnovels and in Korea..in most recent years almost all dramas seems to be adapted from webtoon.

Recently, basically last year, 3 anime aired based on some famous webtoons, "Tower of God", "God of Highschool" and "Noblesse". I only watched "Tower of God" and ended up catching up the webtoon after it ended, but I have heard some fine reviews about the other two too. But at the same time, the webtoon readers were not really happy with these anime as several scenes were excluded in the anime. 

6 hours ago, jongski said:

OT:  event mods for futue poll.. webtoons we would like to see as a drama. :P:D

pretty sure POTN will never become kdrama but I wouldn't mind OCN doing December Rain but I doubt it'll happen.

That's actually an interesting topic too. Will add in the list of ideas for other events :approves:

POTN? Chingu could you explain it? I am not so good with abbreviations :sweats:

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I am a huge anime fan, esp Ghibli films. I grew watching lots of anime TV series too since the 90’s —- I also still read manga. However in recent years, I prefer the manga and only watch anime films or short series like Violet Evergarden, which really renewed my enjoyment after a long slump. I just finished watching the anime adaptation of Goshufukudo on Netflix. It was funny but not as funny as the manga. I was planning to slowly watch Demon Slayer series too but no time...only watched a few first episodes. 

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

POTN? Chingu could you explain it? I am not so good with abbreviations

Painter of the Night. It's historical webtoon Joseon era. (Not sure what is difference between with Saeguk but it's historical mature webtoon...erl.. BL. Heck  even cdrama adapted Mo Dao Zu Shi aka demonic cultivatio and guardian

17 hours ago, Yinye said:

However in recent years, I prefer the manga and only watch anime films or short series like Violet Evergarden,

And I like how animes have good opening ost themes as well.

I wish to see hmmm. Haikyu kdrama versiom? I'm imaging the cast already :D

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

• 1 month later...

Noooo, I missed this. :criesariver:The quick poll was too quick! And I think my notifications failed to capture this tag for some reason.

Anyways, GHIBLI LOVE. My favs are Whisper of the Heart and Princess Mononoke.

For the other anime movies - of course Your Name was great, not overrated imo. Silent Voice made me teary. Demon Slayer: Mugen Train is good if you're a fan of the anime series.

omg why is Attack on Titan votes so low?!? it's bomb. if you're going to give anime a go, it's worth it. it's not romance but doesn't mean you can't enjoy watching some cartoon oppas too.

levi GIF

Haikyuu was surprisingly super good (don't usually watch sports anime); all the characters are sooo lovable.:fullofhearts:

also have heard lots of good things for FMA: Brotherhood but I always choose something else when I think about how many eps there are.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

• 2 weeks later...