Quantcast

Manga / Anime Discussion

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A review that might interest @mirmz   DEATH NOTE VS. DEATH NOTE VS. DEATH NOTE So, why did I title this post Death Note vs. Death Note vs. Death Note? Simply because I’m going to compar

okay big sis @partyon: manhwa is the korean word for comics. anime is a japanese style of animating that usually is aimed at children or adults. manga is japanese comics that (like anime) r

@Berou @Jillia @mirmz @Sleepy Owl Can someone please explain the difference between all this terminology I'm seeing on this thread? Manhwa? Webtoon? Anime? Manga? Series? etc.  

Yay a thread about mangas ! thanks for the thread @partyon :heart1:

It's been more than 10 years that I've watched an anime or read a manga. 

@mirmz Are you watching the anime  or the movie ? 

edit : @partyon It's about a guy that finds an abandoned agenda that has mistery properties, i.e by writing the names of the people, the cause of their death and the time, it has powers to kill them. So, the guy will use the properties of the agenda for his own gain. He becomes a serial killer basically. 

• Love 4

Thank you, @partyon, for creating this thread! :selfie2:

I'm watching Fruits Basket Season 2 right now and I'm waiting for Haikyuu Season 4 to continue in October.

giphy.gif

edf49adcaa48c7bc569844d05a2b4cbe.gif

And I'm reading a couple of mangas as well... Ancient Magus Bride...

d0f3e56881aaf3de39cd213851acf54e.gif

And a couple more! :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, partyon said:

What is it about?

i dont really know how to explain it so here's the google version:

The story follows Light Yagami, a teen genius who stumbles across a mysterious otherworldly notebook: the "Death Note", which belonged to the Shinigami Ryuk and grants the user the supernatural ability to kill anyone whose name is written in its pages.
and @Berou im watching the series :D

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1

Death note is a classic :fullofhearts:.  I read the manga ( my favourites volum 1 & 2, in total there are 3 volumes), watched the anime and the movie

I read many mangas, I cant remember all of them ( I will come up with my list of recommendations).  I used to watch a lot Naruto and Bleach animes, and as a kid Captain Tsubasa :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
1 minute ago, partyon said:

How many versions of this story are there? I was just thinking since @Berou was asking you which version you were watching?

i dont really know how many there are but ik there are a few

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
6 minutes ago, partyon said:

@mirmz That sounds really scary! Is it like a thriller?

@Jillia You certainly are busy with dramas, mangas AND animes! :kiss_wink:

@Berou What types of mangas or animes do you like?

I'm not actively reading mangas atm. I just squeeze them in when I got time. And anime is just 1 episode per week and for Fruits Basket since I know the manga since I was teenager I don't need to follow that hard. And each episode is around 20 episodes.

But yeah, I like a lot of things and unfortunately a lot of good things are being released the SAME time. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Jillia pinned this topic
13 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I'm not actively reading mangas atm. I just squeeze them in when I got time. And anime is just 1 episode per week and for Fruits Basket since I know the manga since I was teenager I don't need to follow that hard. And each episode is around 20 episodes.

But yeah, I like a lot of things and unfortunately a lot of good things are being released the SAME time. :lol:

You're multi-tasking, no wonder you always say you are behind :lol:

I read fruits basket, idk it didn't leave an impression on me. Are you more shojo/ shonen/seinen ? 

@mirmz Since when are you a manga/anime fan ?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Berou said:

You're multi-tasking, no wonder you always say you are behind :lol:

I read fruits basket, idk it didn't leave an impression on me. Are you more shojo/ shonen/seinen ? 

True! And I also like books.... but that's a whole other story. :lol:

I don't know... I don't think that much about what genre I like. Ancient Magus Bride is a shonen manga though. But I also like shojo and isekai (but more the old ones like Fushigi Yuugi). :D I also like highschool romances at the moment but I think that falls into the category of shojo. And I like josei for example Tokyo Tarareba Girls. 

116722135_322840268762579_95567125995379

Source: Google

I think with Fruits Basket... it looks like fun and lighthearted but touches on emotional abuse and depression. And I liked how every character had layers and reasons for why they're the way they are. :D

How about you? What do you like the most?

:fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
5 minutes ago, Jillia said:

True! And I also like books.... but that's a whole other story. :lol:

I don't know... I don't think that much about what genre I like. Ancient Magus Bride is a shonen manga though. But I also like shojo and isekai (but more the old ones like Fushigi Yuugi). :D I also like highschool romances at the moment but I think that falls into the category of shojo. And I like josei for example Tokyo Tarareba Girls. 

I think with Fruits Basket... it looks like fun and lighthearted but touches on emotional abuse and depression. And I liked how every character had layers and reasons for why they're the way they are. :D

How about you? What do you like the most?

:fullofhearts:

The name Fushigi Yuugi is familiar :rubchin:

I mostly read shojo. I happened to read from time to time shonen mangas. I stopped reading them when I was around 18 y.o. That was time I discovered kpop and then dramas. Since I've been sucked into K-entertaintment. 

My friends in HS used to like a lot Fruits Basket and recommended it to me, I read it I was like :idk:

Maybe if I re-read it I'll have a different opinion

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@Berou

Fushihi Yuugi is by the same manga-ka as Ayashi no Ceres: Yuu Watase. It's a kind of Alice in Wonderland idea where 2 friends end up in another world and they're separated and end up being somewhat enemies. I'm not good in giving summaries. But it got a LOT of handsome men.

:tenor:

d9lovg-e505dbf6-9009-470b-8b39-85195d793

Source: Google

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Berou

Fushihi Yuugi is by the same manga-ka as Ayashi no Ceres: Yuu Watase. It's a kind of Alice in Wonderland idea where 2 friends end up in another world and they're separated and end up being somewhat enemies. I'm not good in giving summaries. But it got a LOT of handsome me.

:tenor:

OH I remember it now, I've read it too. 

Hansome men :lol:

fushigi-yugi-gembu-visual-1.jpg

fushigi-yugi-gembu-visual-2.jpg

cr

one of my faves is paradise kiss. They even did a movie

01parakiss.jpg

cr

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

A review that might interest @mirmz

DEATH NOTE VS. DEATH NOTE VS. DEATH NOTE

So, why did I title this post Death Note vs. Death Note vs. Death Note? Simply because I’m going to compare them all to an extent. By all, I am referring to the live action movie, the manga, and the newly airing live action drama. And only to the finding of the second Death Note.

Okay. I could go into the plot…but actually despite some different ordering of events…there really isn’t too much to go into between the versions at this point because I have not watched enough of the Japanese drama or read enough of the manga to give a good enough comparison on a whole with the movies series (which I have watched all of at this point…several years ago). I will say this, though. Initially, when Death Note starts, Yagami Light was 17 and a high school senior. I guess they frowned on a “child” having such a powerful notebook, so in the live action movie and drama series, they make Light a college student. Okay…so I could go into more detail about differences. Like the drama treats the FBI agent trailing Light differently, and idol Misa Misa has more prominence from the get go in the drama, and the movie version gave Light a girlfriend named Shiori. Sure, there’s more to offer, but I’m only 2 episodes in. Got that? 2 episodes! Plus…I need to finish reading the manga (which I’m actually enjoying now) and rewatching the rest of the movie series.

https://asianaddictsanonymous.com/2015/08/08/death-note-vs-death-note-vs-death-note/

13 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I'm just sad that the mangaka so far never finished her other manga "Nana". Forever on hiatus I think.

I've been out of manga world for a long time. Do you know the reason of the hiatus ?

I like the message behind paradise kiss. It may look like a superficial manga but  it teaches you about not following the crowd, finding what you like and chasing your dreams.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Berou said:

I've been out of manga world for a long time. Do you know the reason of the hiatus ?

I like the message behind paradise kiss. It may look like a superficial manga but  it teaches you about not following the crowd, finding what you like and chasing your dreams.

Sorry to cut your post. :D

I think she was ill, so the hiatus isn't without reason. I know a lot of mangka suffer because of their work. Like the mangaka of Hunter X Hunter - Yoshihiro Togashi - he does suffer from backpain due to the position when he is drawing. So he takes his time.

And I personally appreciate it. In the end we have no right to demand anything from them. The mangaka are gifting us with their work. :D

But of course it's sad when we need to wait for a new chapter to come.

I'm also coming from the generation CLAMP mangas and my favorite manga they will probably never finish: X-1999

latest?cb=20190116212822

Source

And that's very sad because if I remember correctly CLAMP stated in an interview they only needed a couple more volumes to wrap up the series. But I think they had issues with their publisher if I remember correctly.

• Like 4