My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

This made me laugh this weekend.  My steam cleaner for my floor died.  In my city's Facebook group I asked if anyone had any recommendations for a new steam cleaner because " my Shark died."  Do I get recommendations?  Nope.  I get condolences for my "shark" and advice to keep my shark in water so it won't die.  :joy:

• LOL 10

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Thank you @joccu @LeftCoastOppa @nohamahamoud2002 @madmad min @Gumiho @the_sweetroad @RobinM @itsmeash @gm4queen @YongZura⁷ @liddi @Tamakins @lebeaucouple @Sky Kang @lexicon @Lmangla @MayanEcho @rocher22 @CarolynH  @TheaN @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* @JJS's Fan-atics for participating and sharing your corner of the world with us ~!

To us, the Soompi Corner class!

We hope you look forward to the next events in December, a magical time!

But before that, we still have a week of November left - look out, pine!

Your event organizers

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

• Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4

• 4 months later...

Hi, thankfully the most of the Covid - 19 restrictions are lifted in my corner ( at least for now ). However, I still continue wearing masks in public transport/supermarkets/shops, as it was recommended by my doctors since I'm not vaccinated  (it's just me!!!, people, please get your shots if you have no contraindications!).

Not sure if I'm going to travel a lot this year, however already planned to attend  a couple of exhibitions and events in my hometown.

Since I'm more a Cdrama girl ( I really don't know why, for some unknown reasons it's just goes like that), so my attention shifts more in that direction in the past couple of years.

As for Kdramas I'm definitely waiting for April 8th to  be able to watch Again My Life  with my one and only Lee Joon-Gi :heart4:

No other plans so far, just going with the flow :)

• Like 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

Since I'm more a Cdrama girl ( I really don't know why, for some unknown reasons it's just goes like that), so my attention shifts more in that direction in the past couple of years.

Any cdramas you would recommend to chingus on this forum who would like to watch something else than kdramas?

:issohappy:

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

As for Kdramas I'm definitely waiting for April 8th to  be able to watch Again My Life  with my one and only Lee Joon-Gi 

Me too! Lee Jun Ki normally chooses good dramas, so am hopeful that this will be an enjoyable one too! :glasses:

With the weather getting warmer, I am craving ice cream and gelato. My favorite flavors are anything fruity (minus durian :D ) @sadthe1st @Min2206

Gelato-GettyImages-166056294-586a7e6d5f9

gelato2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

My idea of a proper buffet spread. :D@LeftCoastOppa @MayanEcho

What do you guys like to eat in spring?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

@leo2020 High-five on two counts; 1) watching Lee Joon-Gi and 2)being more invested in C-dramas lately (lately is defined as since end 2020).

@partyon I feel you about the slump. Because of that I've been listening W-Two Worlds OST, particularly Where Are You, which unfortunately has been associated with its infamous singer (didn't even realise he got into hot soup, I used to watch him in 2D1N). W-Two Worlds was one of the dramas that I held my breath watching and till today still makes me swoon a little. Since then, I've been very fond of our March Wedding Bells couple (because of CLOY) and reasonably fond of Rowoon (The King's Affection). But nothing has made my heart jump the way it used to when I watched k-dramas. I'll get round to watching One the Woman because of Lee Sang Yoon-oppa, Something in the Rain because of my 여동생, Son Ye Jin and I might watch Start Up, because the leads might both be interesting, putting aside the 2nd ML being such a sweetheart... which reminds me, add Hometown Cha-cha-cha to that list too.

Dramas aside, I've signed up for Korean tutoring with native speakers as I wasn't making much progress on my own. As for travelling, I dunno....I am not sure about being stuck in an airplace with my mask on and being exposed to other passengers in a confined space. Till then que sera sera.

@partyon it's summer all year round in my country. So I can't answer your question about what to eat in spring. Some person reported in the media that we might have floods from March till May. Despite the occasional flash floods which is nothing unusual, the weather has been extremely hot. So a gelato sounds like a pretty good idea right now!

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

@SC2019 You planning on watching Lee Jun Ki's new drama too? :love:

21 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Dramas aside, I've signed up for Korean tutoring with native speakers as I wasn't making much progress on my own.

Oh wow, here I am 10 years later with virtually no Korean language knowledge except for the most obvious words like oppa, saranghae and omo.

:headbang:

I once tried to learn the Korean alphabet and even watched some YouTube videos with songs to help you remember the letters. I gave up after 2 mins. I couldn't take the children's song on loop anymore. :joy:

argh GIF

I have thought that I should maybe take some classes IRL so I wouldn't always have to wait impatiently for subs.... How often are your lessons?

Thankfully I have my private translators @ferily and @agenth on speed dial !

:loolz:

21 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

So a gelato sounds like a pretty good idea right now!

Do you like durian gelato?

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1

Hi @partyon :Pandabulous:

Thank you for tagging me to this event <3

My Corner: I am very busy like a horse this year. For now I only watch Love ft. Marriage Divorce Season 3. And will going to continue watching this on April. Oh ya I just finished watching My Mister kdrama and meet my besties on the thread. We have different POV. We all are romantic basically. It’s just my besties are helplessly romantic while me romantic but very busy. I have a very little time to feel the romance on My Mister Kdrama. HAHAHA :Megalol:

I thank God because of until today me and my children and my mom are still healthy and I wish in the future too.

I hope I can get and hire a personal assistant soon because of I need a help very much. My busy schedules this year are so beyond. And I don’t need babysitter. I need assisant who able to do everything almost like me LOL.

C U around besties :selfie2:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@Gumiho Sorry to hear you're so busy. It's been very busy here on my side too and I wouldn't mind getting a personal assistant either.

Preferably a male one with abs :joy:

ghostbusters2016_3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

@Ameera Ali How much do you think it would cost to hire Chris Hemsworth as my assistant? I'll split him in half with you, because I'm a generous twin.
:approves:

@Gumiho Are you planning on watching any other dramas later this spring? :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@partyon I just started, so once a week. I learnt the vowels and consonants on my own but tbh I kept forgetting them. And my vocabulary is rather basic. So when I had my first class and the tutor arranged the order, it's a bit better now and I find I can remember more. Phew. A friend and I went through some words but she's way more advanced as she has been taking lessons for more than a year. We were laughing as we tried to decipher what the sentences meant. We went to  the Korean101 site and picked up business phrases. The words that drives us nuts are the ones with 4 characters, more so when the last character's sound is linked with the next word.:cries:

My family and I love durians, and living in Malaysia allows us to savour them when they are in season. Not sure about durian gelato though. I am more of a chocolate, mint choc-chip and matcha person. I like sour fruity ones as well.

Yes, I am planning to watch the Lee Joon Gi drama. Hopefully it's good!

As for a PA cum chef, I'd be happy to have this guy in my kitchen. Though, I dunno if I wanna deal with his fiery temper. LOL

credit: MDL

QONoW_3f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1

@partyon My twin is Ramadan In April for me so my corner will be in hot kitchen with a lot of Arabic series  :D- it’s the month of the year my family mistake me for their personal chef , cook that cook this  :mrgreen:

25 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Ameera Ali How much do you think it would cost to hire Chris Hemsworth as my assistant? I'll split him in half with you, because I'm a generous twin.

if he know how to cook I am happy to get half of him , if not get me a chef :sweat_smile:

xnjHff1.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Gumiho Sorry to hear you're so busy. It's been very busy here on my side too and I wouldn't mind getting a personal assistant either.

Preferably a male one with abs :joy:

:Megalol: 

31 minutes ago, partyon said:

:approves:

@Gumiho Are you planning on watching any other dramas later this spring? :kiss_wink:

I don’t know partie @partyon I think I am going to watch the bridgeton season 2 ^_* do you love this one? S1 was very very very romantic <3 

btw I think I will watch anything romantic but not with comedy. I need a little touch of love between my busy schedules :heart:

Heiii @Ameera Ali reminding me of Ramadan too!

I am going to give my friends and besties, ramadan hampers this year. Already order some cheese durian cakes and I will make chocolate pudding with fla and chocolate and cheese topping for the fasting season ^_* 

Also April is my mom birthday and one of my bestie in office. I am going to be busy to prepare something special for mom and for my bestie ^_*

I think 2022 is the time to share a little love and care after we experienced a tragic pandemi around the world. Everyone need it <3

• Like 4
  • Love 6

@partyon It seems we'll have to part away when it comes to "durian" the King of fruits which is my favourite.  We have durian trees beside our family house in the "flowering stage" at the moment.   It's understandable ... even my sister doesn't like it much (at least I can have her part )  :lol:

24a803b9c9867a86cc1f3b895e05be06.jpg

Do you mind explaining to me the difference between ice cream and gelato?

p.s I'll share my contribution for this event later. ;)

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

what's been happening? not much! hahahah...

most of the dramas I watch rather randomly but nothing that gets me really excited to post about. maybe for a few episodes and then I lose interest and just autowatch. right now, I am having fun with a local drama and enjoying the chatter on the forum there. otherwise, most kdramas are not super sticky for me at the moment. not sure what dramas are popping up as nothing has really struck my fancy but hopefully something will. the daily drama 'second husband' is ending -- hopefully the next one will be entertaining as well. 

it is slowly getting more and more hotter -- so starting to eat more ice cream. :)

e105624cb50e6b9b2084fb39ba69c69f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

@SC2019 Ooh, sounds like it wasn't just difficult for me to learn the Korean alphabet :scream: But reading your comments is making me even more worried now as I was planning on taking some Korean language classes next fall.

:emmm:

Who's the guy on the motorbike btw?

:heythere:

@Ameera Ali Omo! Will you even have time for shower scenes and abs in April? :scream:

Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

13 minutes ago, Gumiho said:

I don’t know partie @partyon I think I am going to watch the bridgeton season 2 ^_* do you love this one? S1 was very very very romantic <3 

I haven't watched it tbh. My sweetie @Lmangla hated it, so I decided to skip it.

:crybaby:

@YongZura⁷ I had an interesting trip in Borneo many many years ago, where I was introduced to the smell of durian. :grimace:  I avoid it like the plague from now on.

Durian in sight. Me ->

Run Away GIF

Chingu, feel free to give us all a lesson in ice cream and gelato. Preferably with pics too. :yum:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I already make a note of my friends, who wants durian cheese cakes and not. And based on my list, I see that people who not eating durian are complicated people. HAHAHA. Because they make me have to make chocolate pudding with topping whippy cream and cheese and chocolate. They begged me to make it. Hahaha oh my complicated besties :Megalol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, Gumiho said:

Because they make me have to make chocolate pudding with topping whippy cream and cheese and chocolate. They begged me to make it.

Yes to chocolate !!!!!!!!! Please share the recipe! :love:

Homemade-Chocolate-Pudding.jpg&f=1&nofb=

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

@partyon thanks for tagging!

Like @Ameera Ali, April for me would be a month long of fasting, beginning from the 2nd (tentative) of next month. :)

I may be able to see some of Cdramas I'm watching or planning to see in the late evenings. However, I'm more likely going to indulge in reading. Topping the planned books to read (more like reading the books again, hahahaha!) would be:

Spoiler

51ghR90XKdL._AC_SY580_.jpg

51qo57qu7qL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Ooo, I'm also looking forward the arrival of a friend's new bundle of joy! :wub: When flying with kids isn't so risky anymore, it will be great to have a long holiday just to hang out and catch up.

• Like 6
  • Love 5

On 3/26/2022 at 1:59 AM, partyon said:

I'm inviting everyone to pop quiz her!

Pin by Kamela Bryan on gifyoutube.com | Funny gif, Surprise face, Suprised  face

Chingus, I am not sure how I'd fare so please be gentle. :please: @YongZura⁷ and @partyon know the kind of mess I make telling them apart.:naughty:

K-drama wise, I am not really watching anything, except 'Through the Darkness' and the most anticipated 'Pachinko'. They have been rehashing the same old stuff and I am tired of watching predictable dramas. I would rather re-watch an old K-drama than watch the stuff we are made to watch.

But most importantly, I have taken up my hobby of reading again. I realized that in spite of the lockdown, I had not read a single book last year and I felt ashamed of myself. I am planning to read more this year.   I have finished a book that I started 4 days ago and I am determined to complete Pachinko too because the drama is lacking a lot of depth and the novel offers a lot more than an 8 hour series. 

@SC2019 Who is that guy on the motorcycle?:love:

2 hours ago, partyon said:

With the weather getting warmer, I am craving ice cream and gelato. My favorite flavors are anything fruity (minus durian :D ) @sadthe1st @Min2206

I see you and @Lmangla have turned into @sadthe1st :bawling:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2