My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

@the_sweetroad

Dr. Brain - To me, so far the storyline is not confusing, just that they enticed the viewers to hook on it...and gave us a twist on the latest EP, the PI was dead as claimed by the lady detective, however, the PI suddenly appeared in front of the male lead's house...There are few possibilities, PI may not be the real person in the name of the deceased person, or he could have come from elsewhere with a motive to investigate with ML for the death of wife and child (?) The funny part was using the brain connection with the dead cat, LOLx.

Let's watch tonight new EP once release. It will be a short drama produced by Apple TV. 

@CarolynH - oh we can talk about movies, which is my favourite. I watched the latest movie Finch from Tom Hanks, I like the storyline, the journey was pretty good, although it was only him, the robot and the dog for the whole show. Watching this type of art film, one needs to be patient to complete the show.

If you like Tom hanks movies, some recommended movies are Forrest Gump, Cast Away, Greyhound, The Green miles, The Terminal, Capital Philips, Catch me if you can, Bridge of spies, and many more.

Just to share with you that there are few movies, just one man show to hold on throughout the entire movie, just to name a few :

Buried (2010) Thriller/Mystery - by Ryan Reynolds (story extracted from website) A US truck driver, Paul, is attacked by Iraqis and finds himself six feet underground with no idea of this claustrophobic situation. With just a lighter and a cellphone, he races against time. I love it.

All Is Lost (2013) Adventure/Drama - by Robert Redford 

Cast Away (2000) Adventure/Drama - by Tom Hanks

I know that not all audiences will like art films as most of us have different taste... after watching the above touching and inspirational films, we will be inspired by their survival skills, and the most important thing is their spirit and the faith that they hold on for so long - don't give up under any circumstances .

Feel Free to add in the list if anyone has ever watched the one man show movie :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

First time here.  Thanks for the tag.

Real life:  Getting ready for a complete upstairs renovation.  Kitchen, bath, living room and master bedroom.  Changing all windows, doors, ceiling and floors.  What am I taking to my temporary quarters downstairs?  My TV and computer, so I don't miss any of my dramas :P.

Kdramas:  I am usually a binge watcher.  I hold out until the last week of any drama so I can take it all in at my own pace.  I hate the wait.  That is unless my favorite actors are in it.  As luck would have it, Ji Hyun Woo is in Young Lady and a Gentleman and Ok Taecyeon is in Secret Inspector and Joy, so I am watching both week to week.  I usually watch the episodes unsubbed as soon as they are available and then again once subbed.  I am enjoying both.  Been following and posting on both drama threads here on Soompi.

Also watching "One the Woman",   원 더 우먼.  Why didn't they just translate that to Wonder Woman????  I've enjoyed Honey Lee in most anything she's in, this one is no different.

All 3 have been a great respite from the many serial murder series we've been getting lately.  Though I have enjoyed them over the past year, it drained me to watch them one after the other.

Real life/kdrama fusion:  I won a video call from Ok Taecyeon this past weekend.  

spacer.png

It was only for 60 seconds, but how often do we fans get to be one-on-one with our favorite actors??  It's nice that he is fluent in English or we would have had a bit of a problem :lol: as I don't know much Korean, except the standard lines we hear in every kdrama.  Would I have given him a reason to say "미쳤어"  or "닥쳐" or "라면 먹을래?" hmmmm????

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 9

Real Life: Less said the better. Work Load is killing me already. 

Workload by kumar gunjan on Dribbble

Dramaland is a saviour! Watching too many dramas. Chimera and Dr Brain. I don't understand which way the dramas are going but I am hooked. Dr. Brain has some really big WTH moments! But I watched two episodes and there are only four more to go so.... I will watch how spectacular Apple's first production is!

Besides the above mentioned, also watching Now We Are Breaking Up. I like the snazzy way it has been shot. Started Melancholia... has been put on the back burner. Need to complete the last 4 episodes of Dali and the Cocky Prince.

Chingu @agenth started watching Secret and I joined the bandwagon to watch it again. I simply love that crazy melodrama. This was the drama that I started my K-drama journey with. Needless to say, it has left an indelible mark on my quite an impressionable heart and since day I am a faithful fan of Ji Sung. Gosh, he is quite charming. And... that smile of his! Who can remian immune to his brand of charisma? Not meeeee!    

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, joccu said:

professor is one of my favorite characters. Yoo ji tae is going to be good. 

My other favorite character are Nairobi and denver. 

I watched the first few episodes of the Spanish version but couldn't handle the suspense (which is too funny since now I'm watching the likes of Dr Brain). I'm excited to see how Yoo Ji Tae will do, too; I really like him. AND the fact that there's going to be a Korean remake really intrigues my husband, who has watched all the Spanish seasons so far. Would be funny if that's going to be his gateway drama into K-land. He simply tolerates it with me for now :) 

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 5

2 hours ago, TheaN said:

Real life/kdrama fusion:  I won a video call from Ok Taecyeon this past weekend. 

ooh! so what did you ask him? was it in a sane time zone? or did you have to stay up?

2 hours ago, TheaN said:

Real life:  Getting ready for a complete upstairs renovation.  Kitchen, bath, living room and master bedroom.  Changing all windows, doors, ceiling and floors.  What am I taking to my temporary quarters downstairs?  My TV and computer, so I don't miss any of my dramas 

will you be living with the noise and the dust?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

On 11/17/2021 at 11:18 PM, madmad min said:

--->LOTRS wowed me initially then made me SUPER MAD by the end of the Sshow....

How was this drama Chingu? I dropped it since I was kinda disappointed for it to have supernatural and fantasy elements. I actually didn't check out the trailers, and had thought that it will be a proper Sageuk. Seeing it not to be, I dropped it :joy:

@joccu, @partyon Noona, you are not the only ones whose drop rate increased. I think this year I have dropped the most dramas (not sure how many, still I think in single digits), but I had higher expectations from this year's dramas. Some of them really seemed to be interesting projects but ended up being meh :isannoyed:

On 11/18/2021 at 12:28 AM, the_sweetroad said:

@agenth !! You are so BRAVE to blithely mention this where @LeftCoastOppawould see it! :joy:

I thought it was all computer simulated?!

I am telling this once again, I still smell conspiracy surrounding this incident 

you-see-it-is.gif

On 11/18/2021 at 2:26 AM, itsmeash said:
  • Kill Me, Heal Me: on ep 5 of 20 - unlike any other drama i've seen so far. i'm really intrigued by it.

Chingu this is among the top dramas I have watched, and Ji Sung once again proved how talented he is in this drama. This was his next project after Secret where he already pulled off an amazing performance, and seeing him doing it again in this acting differently for each personality was just so good :piggydance:

On 11/18/2021 at 4:24 AM, gm4queen said:

Then when it comes to K-dramaland, I think I am in a bit slump this year. :partyblob: Not many dramas that catch up my attention. Started off the year with Sisyphus : The myth and watched Monthly House in mid-year. Recently finished off The Veil and currently watching Jirisan. I am sure that I've forgotten the names of other dramas I watched this year but I don't remember which ones. :joy: Oops.. @partyon chingu's lakorn, Praomook is one of them!

Do tell me Chingu how Jirisan is when it ends, since I have decided to let this drama, check out the reviews and then watch it :fullofhearts:

On 11/18/2021 at 4:58 AM, YongZura⁷ said:

My mark currently is at the end of ep. 4, if I don't feel good about it then BYE....    I believe that everyone has her or his preference so it's okay if one does not have the same interest as others.

Oh, I also usually drop dramas in the first half (mostly under 6 episodes) if I don't feel the plot is good. I rarely drop dramas, but most of them I have dropped the same way. If I cross the half way mark, then I mostly go for the end (which I have regretted sometimes) :joy:

On 11/18/2021 at 5:35 AM, liddi said:

Just started Reflection of You, and it is a novelty to find a drama with such an array of unlikeable characters, including the main characters. Nonetheless, the premise is intriguing enough to keep me watching, so it will be interesting to see if my impressions change down the road.

I am watching this drama not in the way I usually watch dramas. I either follow them properly (watching them the day they air) or binge-watch them once they end. For this one, I watch the episodes once in 2 weeks or one episode per week. Not sure, I find the drama interesting, but at the same time as you said the characters are not really likeable. One good thing is that this is kinda different, so I still try to watch it. Not sure if I will be able to do that. 

@liddi, @YongZura⁷ Chingus, Saimdang was a good drama. It could definitely be better if they would make it a proper Sageuk (my personal opinion), but then again we got to see Lee Young Ae back in dramas thanks to it, and as always she did an amazing job there. I am loving her in Inspector Koo as well, her character is totally different from what I have seen her in before and she is doing an amazing job in my opinion. 

On 11/18/2021 at 6:07 AM, Tamakins said:

In Drama land  I have been watching more C-Dramas than anything else. There hasn't been alot of K-Dramas that catch my eye. The Kings Affection is really only one of them that has really pulled me in. 2021 has been pretty much C-Dramas for me.

Chingu that KDramas have not really been that interesting this year, and so I am going back to watch the older which are in my watchlist, or re-watch the ones I loved.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:40 AM, Sky Kang said:

I've been watching k-movies than kdramas lately since it's shorter to watch. Last drama I've finished was Lovely Horribly and my ongoing drama was Welcome to Waikiki. So not into dramas that are currently airing. I always watch them a few months after they finish airing. 

Chingu which movies are you watching? The latest that I watched was "Escape from Mogadishu" and it was an interesting movie :piggydance:

On 11/18/2021 at 9:10 AM, lexicon said:

The King's Affection - I am so far thoroughly enjoying this.

Happiness - Apt theme; waiting to see if this will keep me engaged.

A Gentleman and a Young Lady - first time in a long time I have enjoyed a Weekend Drama; it could have something to do with it having a Sound of Music theme :D

Just started on The Red Sleeve Cuff - so don't have much to say yet :ph34r:, but hoping it will be good!

I am watching the same dramas except for Gentleman one, and enjoying them. The King's Affection has been the best among the three I am watching so far, and it has been a lot better than I had expected it to be. 

On 11/18/2021 at 10:55 AM, Lmangla said:

~ 'bossam' -- I even learned to capture stills and upload! it has been ages since I fangirled over a romantic drama and I absolutely loved the characters, their maturity and their approach to life. this was one of those dramas where there is more at stake than 'will they/won't they'. instead, it was about finding a reason to live and soldier on and then fighting for the joy and love of your life. rather apt for the crazy pandemic times we have been through these two years. so it was lovely to see a beautiful ending where they walk away into the sunset.. 

It was a very good Sageuk in my opinion. I had not watched a good Sageuk in a while and when it aired, again it exceeded my expectations. Great thing is, it remained good till the end. I hope we get more Sageuks like this. 

On 11/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, Lmangla said:

now I feel like checking out the drama. :lol:

Why not Noona, join us and come up crazy theories on the thread, you never know, it might come real like it was happening when Mouse aired :joy:

22 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Happiness - I dont like that genre but I love the main leads.

Chingu you don't like Zombies?

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, Lmangla said:

hahahah... there was no kiss! the PD stuck to his vision of old school saeguk. so they loved each other (no need to debate that) but no kisses, just lots of hugs! :lol:

Noona old school Sageuk? That drama had FL's maid and ML's friend have the wildest kiss scene I have ever seen in Sageuk :loolz:

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

K-dramas:  Waiting and waiting and waiting for Pachinko.  I think someone mentioned that they were trying to find time to read the book.  All bias aside, it is a very interesting read and a NY Times best seller. 

Yes Chingu, I said that I want to read the book. I will read the book, and THEN SPOIL IT FOR EVERYONE WHEN THE DRAMA AIRS

cc3e44a39a5c06d3a6891016f01f9119.gif

Just kidding :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
  • Blob 4

Watching:eats::

• not K-dramaing at the moment. looking to start Jirisan when it finishes / close to finish releasing.
  • Caught up with the Walking Dead and started watching Money Heist
  • Shang Chi was great! It was a tad weird seeing Fala Chen, Tony Leung and Yuen Wah speak Mandarin tho. Used to seeing them in HK tv shows / movies.
  • super random but I was watching a lot of Tom Felton's FB videos - I like how he fans over the Harry Potter franchise despite being a huge part of it. Him and Tom Hiddleston are my fav 'villain' actors - lots of charm in interviews etc.

Listening:piggydance::

• went back to listening to It Started with a Kiss (Taiwanese version)'s OST again. even after so mahy years, it's still so nice.
  • binging through Honeyworks' songs / MVs since they released a new MV of the original characters (wedding!! woooot but also sad it seems their story is ending). just rlly love the way the stories connect

Random thoughts/ feels:Pandabulous::

• need a good horror movie that I haven't seen yet.
  • ceebs work - who invented the concept of money. WHOOOOOO.
  • when will Shinhwa make a comeback?! I need their variety show appearancessss. re-watching Shinhwa Broadcast is not enough!

GOOD NIGHT!

Tired Sailor Moon GIF

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingu which movies are you watching? The latest that I watched was "Escape from Mogadishu" and it was an interesting movie 

The recent ones I finished was Empire Of Lust, The Spy: Undercover, Tunnel, The Flu, and Voice Of Silence. Escape from Mogadishu was still on my watch list and I heard a lot of good reviews. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

46 minutes ago, Sky Kang said:

The recent ones I finished was Empire Of Lust, The Spy: Undercover, Tunnel, The Flu, and Voice Of Silence. Escape from Mogadishu was still on my watch list and I heard a lot of good reviews. 

@Sleepy Owl and @Sky Kang

Yes the latest movie, Escape from Mogadishu is one of the best korean movie in 2021 after "Parasite". Don't miss it. I watched it with curiosity, the fun ride was fascinating and exciting throughout the show. The civil war rages in Mogadishu, Somalia was so real but scary. I wonder how the South korean production team gather those Somalis to film this movie in such a thrilling way.....this drama deserves a "rewatch".

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

5 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

How was this drama Chingu? I dropped it since I was kinda disappointed for it to have supernatural and fantasy elements. I actually didn't check out the trailers, and had thought that it will be a proper Sageuk. Seeing it not to be, I dropped it

Hmmm, I actually watched it for the Fantasy part, but somehow it was based on Asian Fantasy <Taoism Concept> but ended up looking like Hollywood Fantasy instead, else if you see EP 1-3 Then skip to last 2 episodes it will be less maddening. SML and the Villain deserve their own spinoff here, and Ahn Hyo Seop 's character had the maximum potential which went down the drain and Kim Yoo Jung's acting didn't impress me , she was the weakest of the main cast IMO. Also Kudos to her character that made it much more painful to see the entire show lol.

• Love 1
  • Blob 4

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

ooh! so what did you ask him? was it in a sane time zone? or did you have to stay up?

will you be living with the noise and the dust?

I asked him about his music.  He composed 3 songs for 2PMs comeback album and 1 was selected.  He talked about the other 2.  I hope I didn't look too dorky staring at my phone, while he was talking.  :tounge_wink:   It was at 11A on 11/14 KST so for me it was 4P on 11/13.  I would have taken the call any day, any time.  Who wouldn't, right????

I will be moving to the downstairs as most of the work is upstairs.  Hopefully there won't be as much dust.  May go elsewhere while they change the windows, then come back when they concentrate the work upstairs.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

17 hours ago, TheaN said:

It was only for 60 seconds, but how often do we fans get to be one-on-one with our favorite actors??  It's nice that he is fluent in English or we would have had a bit of a problem :lol: as I don't know much Korean, except the standard lines we hear in every kdrama.  Would I have given him a reason to say "미쳤어"  or "닥쳐" or "라면 먹을래?" hmmmm????

Hahaha you can say Oppa though :D and Saranghae!

It's really cool you got to talk to your favourite actor/idol, though! I hope the renovation of your house doesn't take too long ~ and it will be surely beautiful!

11 hours ago, *.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* said:

super random but I was watching a lot of Tom Felton's FB videos - I like how he fans over the Harry Potter franchise despite being a huge part of it. Him and Tom Hiddleston are my fav 'villain' actors - lots of charm in interviews etc.

tom felton on instagram is pretty cool ~ most of HP cast is cool, actually. i haven't seen him in a movie in years, though. then again, i'm not really a movie kind of gal :D

16 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Chingu @agenth started watching Secret and I joined the bandwagon to watch it again. I simply love that crazy melodrama. This was the drama that I started my K-drama journey with. Needless to say, it has left an indelible mark on my quite an impressionable heart and since day I am a faithful fan of Ji Sung. Gosh, he is quite charming. And... that smile of his! Who can remian immune to his brand of charisma? Not meeeee!    

It's really fun to have people watching with me ~ I don't feel so lonely then! For me Ji sung's eyes .... mmh yes. His smile in Secret is rather obsessive & dark.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

16 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Yes Chingu, I said that I want to read the book. I will read the book, and THEN SPOIL IT FOR EVERYONE WHEN THE DRAMA AIRS

Not possible dude.:joy:  From what we have figured out (not much) the drama will be different from the book.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

@madmad min ~ I ended up re-watching suspicious housekeeper again. I forgot how funny it is in bits. hahahaha...

is anyone else seeing the foundation on appletv+. somehow I feel cheated. part of the story makes zero sense and I need to vent somewhere. so this weirdo hari just manipulates everyone and they are all okay with it. somehow he used math to predict all this? -- big EYE ROLL. yea, right. everyone knows that math is only good as its data and even then you can't predict stuff into the future as there are way too many variables. even GDP formula has the notation N or E for error / unknown because there are components we cannot actually calculate. the whole premise is outlandish for sure. I don't understand this hari character at all and why people are even doing everything he says. and why salvor leave her world just to meet gaal? what on earth for does she make that decision? again, makes no sense. only interesting bit about the drama was frankly the whole cleon dynasty fellas. it had teeth and was rather interesting watch. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

is anyone else seeing the foundation on appletv+. somehow I feel cheated. part of the story makes zero sense and I need to vent somewhere. so this weirdo hari just manipulates everyone and they are all okay with it. somehow he used math to predict all this? -- big EYE ROLL. yea, right. everyone knows that math is only good as its data and even then you can't predict stuff into the future as there are way too many variables. even GDP formula has the notation N or E for error / unknown because there are components we cannot actually calculate. the whole premise is outlandish for sure. I don't understand this hari character at all and why people are even doing everything he says. and why salvor leave her world just to meet gaal? what on earth for does she make that decision? again, makes no sense. only interesting bit about the drama was frankly the whole cleon dynasty fellas. it had teeth and was rather interesting watch. 

I shared this with hubby who is watching Foundation and here's what he messaged back (I'm out of town right now):

"The tv show is weird.  Hari is much more mysterious, much less all knowing (when it comes to individuals), and more focused on predicting the direction for billions.  It might be a reach for today’s audience but was written ages ago. But the story is almost completely different from the book.

The cleon bit is completely new. The whole show is a bit heavy handed and serious.  They are trying too hard.

The whole premise is that hari can predict the future using math. But only for billions of people as a whole.  Not for any individual. He predicts the fall of the empire and 30,000 years of darkness and violence. But he's trying to cut that to a mere 1,000 years. But on the show he’s all into not only predicting but controlling individuals."

I have no idea what he's saying. :lol: But maybe you'll find it helpful...? He saw a quote somewhere that said something like, "Foundation has never been made into an onscreen production. And with the latest offering from Apple TV+, it still hasn't been." :D

He really liked the books and was looking forward to the show. But they just changed way too much. Which is too bad.

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

6 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I shared this with hubby who is watching Foundation and here's what he messaged back (I'm out of town right now):

"The tv show is weird.  Hari is much more mysterious, much less all knowing (when it comes to individuals), and more focused on predicting the direction for billions.  It might be a reach for today’s audience but was written ages ago. But the story is almost completely different from the book.

The cleon bit is completely new. The whole show is a bit heavy handed and serious.  They are trying too hard.

The whole premise is that hari can predict the future using math. But only for billions of people as a whole.  Not for any individual. He predicts the fall of the empire and 30,000 years of darkness and violence. But he's trying to cut that to a mere 1,000 years. But on the show he’s all into not only predicting but controlling individuals."

I have no idea what he's saying. :lol: But maybe you'll find it helpful...? He saw a quote somewhere that said something like, "Foundation has never been made into an onscreen production. And with the latest offering from Apple TV+, it still hasn't been." :D

He really liked the books and was looking forward to the show. But they just changed way too much. Which is too bad.

ooh, tell him great points. he is right in that it is definitely a reach for today's audience where we are not so innocent and harder to just go into a world building without asking lots of questions. hari not only predicting but controlling individuals came across as really bizarre.

take a real life example, today's economists. do they get it 100% right? absolutely not. do the govts listen to their strategies? they take bits and pieces and cook up what feels comfortable to them. so the idea, that all these people listen to one random guy who is controlling them like puppets and they nod their head just came across as really silly. 

also the idea that hari can predict with superb accuracy is also idiotic.

anyone with basic knowledge of statistics would know that any hypothesis cannot be predicted with full accuracy. even investor genius like warren buffet gets the markets wrong at times and loses money. if people could really predict, then there would be folks making a killing in the futures market. however, in any scenario, there are a thousand variables that can push the outcome a little differently. we can predict with some reasonable assumption a certain ballpark but not necessary get all the granular details correct.

so hari predicting that the empire would eventually fall made sense but what didn't make sense is the idea that it would result in 30,000 years of darkness and trying to cut that to a mere 1000 years. all empires fall at some point and that prediction is reasonable. obviously any time an empire falls, there is chaos. it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. but how can one predict 30,000 for sure? it could end up being 21,000 or 9,000 years just as easily because of a variety of factors. see that bit is faulty math and predictive modelling.

the premise of modeling is that we estimate certain things based on some variables we know while acknowledging that there are variables we do not know or cannot see. we do not predict with absolute certainity anything. even the scientists who all predicted covid curves came back with ashes because the pandemic kept going off in different directions.

even the word 'psychohistory' made my eyes roll -- so words in english with medical origin all come from greek. so if you break the words down (the front, the middle, the end), you can guess the departments or disease condition base. so let me give you example -- 

psychology is psych + ology. psych is mind while ology is study of. so any word that ends in ology means study of. so cardiology is cardio +logy -- study of the heart (cardio). nephrology is nephro + logy is study of kidney (nephr). so on and so forth. so psychohistory would be history of the mind (psych+history). uh, does that make sense? so whose mind? are we referring to the history as hari's mind cooked up? ^_^

so yea, the idea that hari is some sort of god-like/psychic person with 100% prediction and controlling people just irked me. in the end, hari came across as some sort of arrogant cult-like puppet master. I kept thinking such human hubris. wait till he falls and gets slapped. maybe the hari in the books was not as annoying but I disliked the tv hari for sure. 

yea I read that the cleon stuff was completely new but I actually found that the most interesting and only reason I finished the series and might watch season 2. it was really well acted, the visuals were arresting and there was a lot of teeth in the conflict. the hari stuff that was lifted from the books was a really bore and I couldn't really dispel my real world questions while watching. so I just watched with one eye closed and half yawns. but yea, ultimately foundation was a mixed bag. I would just rate it C and I didn't even read the books. and neither am I real math person. just basic knowledge but that itself made my eyes roll. ^_^

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

@Lmangla LOL. Your breakdown is great. Hubby will enjoy it. :joy: He has a lot of the same complaints as you, that the show just takes itself too seriously, tries to give the modern audience "lessons" but is heavy-handed, and in the end is a well-produced show but ends up being silly and not all that entertaining. It's more like it just elicits groans from those who have read the book.

I can't remember if they're still making new episodes or if they're done now.

Have you watched Ted Lasso? SO funny. I love the first season. The second season got weird.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@the_sweetroad ~ I enjoy sci-fi when it doesn't take itself too seriously. movies like star trek is super campy and funny.  you are not interested in dissecting if any of the special effects etc make any sense in the scientifc real world because who cares really as long as it is entertaining. however, when writers pretend to be serious and shoving lessons on the audience, then obviously viewers will then tear it apart. no one writes dissertations on how boys over flowers make no real-world sense because we know it is that type of drama. :lol:

I read foundation will have a second series. I actually caught the series rather accidentally. haven't seen ted lasso. right now, I am re-watching suspicious housekeeper (kdrama) and having some laughs. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Hello and thank you for inviting me here. After Hospital  Playlist 2 ended it is the first time i am commenting here again on Soompi for anything.

Well after HP 2 ended i did not watch any other k drama but i am planning to watch SHK and JKY new drama. And waiting eagerly for JJS's new movie to be finished filming and released but the wait is long since it is gonna be released in the middle of next year .

Apart from that i was immersed in Cricket T20 International World Cup. Alas my country lost Semi Final but it played REALLY WELL otherwise and reached semi final so i am more than happy.

Just today i watched 50 Shades of Grey and i thought i was watching the english version of Kdramas and C dramas.:joy::joy::joy:i mean the whole story other than the problematic sexual desires of the ml, the other whole story was very much like Kdramas and C dramas... romance between  poor girl and rich guy and the love making it all perfect bla bla bla. I can count on my fingers the no of eng romantic movies that i have watched and going into this particular one i was NOT EXPECTING AT ALL that i would be watching an eng but short version of K and C dramas. But i liked the movie because it was just short in length compared to K and C dramas and hence was devoid of unnecessary  drama and RickRoll'D. Everything was straight to the point. Plus i liked the ml so all in all i enjoyed it.

On personal front my life sucks so it is the same for now. No change.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1