My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

@Sleepy Owl, thanks for that information. I have never watched Tree With Deep Roots though I have contemplated doing so a few times. I have to be in the mood to watch these kinds of drama. I still have to finish Rebel Thief which I have on hold for some time now. 

So you don’t like exaggerated fighting? Why? I see it as a form of art. I know Rebel Thief had more realistic sword fighting. You won’t like Chinese drama show fighting then because their martial arts are exaggerated for the most part. It’s kind of funny that I think Jason Bourne’s fighting is more realistic than the martial arts in Chinese drama shows. I always remember his fight with an assassin in an apartment in Europe where they were grabbing everyday stuff in the house (like pens and books) and using them as a weapons. Heh. 

Well tomorrow is the end of Lie of Lies and Alice. We’re both watching those shows. At least Kairos starts on Monday. I’m also becoming interested in upcoming drama shows Awaken with Namgoong Min and Sisyphus: The Myth with Park Shin Hye and Cho Seung Woo. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@Sleepy Owl, thanks for that information. I have never watched Tree With Deep Roots though I have contemplated doing so a few times. I have to be in the mood to watch these kinds of drama. I still have to finish Rebel Thief which I have on hold for some time now. 

So you don’t like exaggerated fighting? Why? I see it as a form of art. I know Rebel Thief had more realistic sword fighting. You won’t like Chinese drama show fighting then because their martial arts are exaggerated for the most part. It’s kind of funny that I think Jason Bourne’s fighting is more realistic than the martial arts in Chinese drama shows. I always remember his fight with an assassin in an apartment in Europe where they were grabbing everyday stuff in the house (like pens and books) and using them as a weapons. Heh. 

Well tomorrow is the end of Lie of Lies and Alice. We’re both watching those shows. At least Kairos starts on Monday. I’m also becoming interested in upcoming drama shows Awaken with Namgoong Min and Sisyphus: The Myth with Park Shin Hye and Cho Seung Woo. 

Tree With Deep Roots was good. 

I don't dislike exaggerated fights too, as long as they not too exaggerated. Six Flying Dragons did have some exaggeration in fight scenes, but close combat was excellent and very fast. You could actually feel the two characters are fighting to kill each other, and I liked it. Exaggeration was in the signature moves of some warriors, which was pretty cool since it was not overused, I would be disappointed if they would do it. But yes, I usually prefer realistic sword fights, fast, but not really exaggerated or atleast not too exaggerated.

I have seen many Chinese movies, I liked watching "Red Cliff", if fight scenes are very similar to it, I am fine. I think that movie did have some realistic fights (I watched it long ago), apart from it, I have watched many Chinese Period movies, and liked them. I'll check the clips of "Nirvana in Fire" on YouTube before deciding to watch it. Jason Bourne did have some really good fight scenes, and realistic too as you mentioned. 

Yes, 2 of my favorite dramas will end this week, Alice and Lies of Lies. I really hope they end them well, especially Alice by not leaving any questions unanswered. I am looking forward to Namgoong Min's Awaken, it seems interesting and well Namgoong Min does know which script to choose, and I was never disappointed by any of his dramas which I watched (Didn't watch "Beautiful Goong Shim"). I will be watching Kairos too, started "Spies who loved me" yesterday. Sisyphus: The Myth I think will air in 2021, I am interested in that drama too. I might give "Penthouse" a try too. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Tree With Deep Roots was good. 

I don't dislike exaggerated fights too, as long as they not too exaggerated. Six Flying Dragons did have some exaggeration in fight scenes, but close combat was excellent and very fast. You could actually feel the two characters are fighting to kill each other, and I liked it. Exaggeration was in the signature moves of some warriors, which was pretty cool since it was not overused, I would be disappointed if they would do it. But yes, I usually prefer realistic sword fights, fast, but not really exaggerated or atleast not too exaggerated.

I have seen many Chinese movies, I liked watching "Red Cliff", if fight scenes are very similar to it, I am fine. I think that movie did have some realistic fights (I watched it long ago), apart from it, I have watched many Chinese Period movies, and liked them. I'll check the clips of "Nirvana in Fire" on YouTube before deciding to watch it. Jason Bourne did have some really good fight scenes, and realistic too as you mentioned. 

Yes, 2 of my favorite dramas will end this week, Alice and Lies of Lies. I really hope they end them well, especially Alice by not leaving any questions unanswered. I am looking forward to Namgoong Min's Awaken, it seems interesting and well Namgoong Min does know which script to choose, and I was never disappointed by any of his dramas which I watched (Didn't watch "Beautiful Goong Shim"). I will be watching Kairos too, started "Spies who loved me" yesterday. Sisyphus: The Myth I think will air in 2021, I am interested in that drama too. I might give "Penthouse" a try too. 

Yep, when I first started watch Korean drama shows I heard Tree with Deep Roots was good. 

Hmmm. Hopefully Alice answers the major questions at least. These time travel drama shows like to end on questions. Train did, Nine Time Travels did and most time travel shows I have watched in some shape or form did as well. Signal wasn’t exactly time travel but even in that show although a certain important character changed his future, he still paid a price and his ending was uncertain. Maybe they will answer that question in Signal 2. 

Indeed I like Namgoong Min drama shows especially the crime ones. Not many people seem to have watched Doctor Prisoner and Distorted but I liked those shows. Now he’s playing a brilliant detective and I don’t think I have ever seen him in that kind of role where he’s a police officer. 

Oh Sisyphus myth is 2021? They need to update the thread with the right premiere year then. :lol: They still have 2020 on it. 

I’ll definitely try Penthouse and The Spy Who Loved Me. I’m not really fond of spy stuff though just like I’m not fond of undercover cop shows and con artist shows. I think it’s because in all of them deception and danger is a way of life. The deception part is not something I can root me. I’m watching Private Lives even though I don’t like con artist shows but that seem to have a story beyond conning where the people involved are dangerous. I’m only on episode 3 so I don’t know what happened afterward in episodes 4 - 6.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Yep, when I first started watch Korean drama shows I heard Tree with Deep Roots was good. 

Hmmm. Hopefully Alice answers the major questions at least. These time travel drama shows like to end on questions. Train did, Nine Time Travels did and most time travel shows I have watched in some shape or form did as well. Signal wasn’t exactly time travel but even in that show although a certain important character changed his future, he still paid a price and his ending was uncertain. Maybe they will answer that question in Signal 2. 

Indeed I like Namgoong Min drama shows especially the crime ones. Not many people seem to have watched Doctor Prisoner and Distorted but I liked those shows. Now he’s playing a brilliant detective and I don’t think I have ever seen him in that kind of role where he’s a police officer. 

Oh Sisyphus myth is 2021? They need to update the thread with the right premiere year then. :lol: They still have 2020 on it. 

I’ll definitely try Penthouse and The Spy Who Loved Me. I’m not really fond of spy stuff though just like I’m not fond of undercover cop shows and con artist shows. I think it’s because in all of them deception and danger is a way of life. The deception part is not something I can root me. I’m watching Private Lives even though I don’t like con artist shows but that seem to have a story beyond conning where the people involved are dangerous. I’m only on episode 3 so I don’t know what happened afterward in episodes 4 - 6.

Let's see how Alice will do. I thought you had dropped it since you were inactive on its thread. Many were not really happy with the development of plot in the recent episodes, and I thought even you dropped it because of it. I liked Signal, found its ending fine too, and waiting for Signal 2. I have not read about it yet, but I really hope that they do keep the main 3. Although I for Signal 2 to be Signal, we'll need a new storyline of detective connected to another one in the past. I wouldn't mind seeing our main trio reunited with the old detective guy, solving cases by connecting to another detective in the past. 

One thing I really found great about Namgoong Min is that all his dramas since he started doing ML roles have different in plot and so were his roles. We saw him as a corrupt yet righteous manager in Chief Kim, then as a reporter trying find the truth behind his brother's death, then we he did a rom-com where he was a single love-guru, then his role of a doctor driver by revenge and extremely calculative in Dr. Prison, and finally a stubborn General Manager with 100% record in Stove League. I am really looking forward in seeing him act as a detective this time. He has got great acting talent. By the way, I didn't watch his "Distort" is it the other name for his "Falsify" drama?

I am watched "Spies who loved me", the first two episodes were fine. I usually love dramas will undercover cop or con artists. I find them interesting. I am also watching "Private Lives" I think the plot though has a great potential, but is still stuck in back stories and intros at least till 5th episode. There were some good developments in episode 6, so I am hopeful we'll see the plot moving forward and not see flashbacks. 

• Like 3

So many LoTR fans. :) I had read those books a long time ago. The first was the Hobbits. Then I got hooked and started reading the others and finally, Silmarillon which is written by the son. I had watched  only one movie and as usual, I was disappointed when it was based on a favourite book. The writers and directors had different notions of the characters and scenes from my imaginings. So for Harry Potter, I only watched the movies, excellent CGI, but not really among my must rewatch shows. Another list of books are the Dune books, yes I am a sci fi fan. Again the movie was disappointing. When I had to read short stories from a Brazilian writer, I was ' no way', like how!'   but I was perfectly ok with elves and space folding. :D

Now, I want to watch those supernatural Kdramas like Arang and the magistrate, but I can't find any.  I did not find time travel kdramas to be enjoyable or something I want to rewatch, like the woman with dementia series - some sort of time travel here.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Lmangla locked this topic
  • partyon unlocked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Lalalalalalala It's a beautiful and shining day for

MY SOOMPI CORNER

#revivingthreadfromlastyear

la la land GIF by Product Hunt

If you haven't participated in this event (see previous posts in this thread) before, don't worry. It's simply an opportunity for you to share with Soompi chingus about the past weeks/months in your life - from kdramas, Hollywood to life, to whatever is happening in your corner. 

So join us for some coffee/tea and chitchat. 

Are You Afraid Of The Dark Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

my corner:

Thanks for participating in Movember Oppa contest. Personally I disavow moustaches, but it's fun to see how they would look on our favourites... loved each and every entry there.

and me? Successfully pulled off a Truck of Doom in the Soompi Survival Games, so now I have more time for dramas... and I started many of them. Even started watching an old drama, Secret, more on that later. 

Also started to eat way too much gingerbread... I should start increasing my gym times correspondingly hehe.

dramaland 

While some of you may miss Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha or Onethewoman or Yumi's cells (or any other recently ended drama) already, let's see so many dramas have started in November (Inspector Koo, Happiness, Dr. Brain, Red Sleeve Cuff, Royal Secret Inspector and Joy etc...).

It seems there is a trend for RED dramas: Red Shoes, Lovers of the Red Sky, Red Heart, Red Sleeve.... Is RED a necessary part to make a drama successful? Hm... I DID put Red Heart on my to-watch list (Junho, Kang Hanna, Jang Hyuk). 

Lee Junho currently can be seen in Red Sleeve Cuff. He does look impressive in Joseon garment, or even, in a moustache, as shown by @lexicon. The premise is interesting, so I enjoy this drama, despite my complaint about the FL. 

Is November sageuk month? I'm also watching The King's Affection (and here the romance really is done masterfully), and this show really does highlight Park Eun Bin's skills beautifully. There are some humourous moments, but overall this drama makes me wonder: when will poor Crown Prince's secret life fall apart? If you need more lighter moments and jokes, head over to Ok Taecyeon's new drama: Royal Secret Inspector & Joy - this must be the first drama in sageuk times, where a woman is granted divorce? (Correct me, if I'm wrong). 

Happiness - i'd be a bigger fan if there were no romantic undertones to this show, and there would be more focus on the outbreak. There are still many questions for me: starting with who is patient x? Does it feel a bit like Parasite, though? The class divide, the comments...  Personally I don't mind the COVID inclusion, it's very contemporary. However, there have been some netizen comments that say it's wrong to make the mad persons disease derive from the medication. Which is not unwarranted... 

I really did enjoy the fashion industry from the perspective of Now We're Breaking Up. Good music really does enhance the viewing pleasure for me. 

And those wanting futuristic vibes, how do you like Dr. Brain? Some moments/scenes are ??? - and yet it keeps me as a viewer, despite the "unattractive" one episode per week schedule. The mystery is thrilling and I do not know what happened to the ML's son... 

I started too many dramas, so I am behind on Inspector Koo - maybe I will binge this series and see how it compares to the inspiration taken from Killing Eve. 

I am behind on dramas, but I still started watching Secret on a whim. The pacing is pretty fast for this melodrama, which explains how the time (and five episodes) fly by.... and which make me obsess about all the ways the characters are making mistakes.. (it's an occupational hazard). 

cookie monster cookies GIF by Sesame Street

And what has happened in your corner of Soompi the last few weeks? Please share with us in this thread!

Your event organizers

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

tagging:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn @Amirr  @larus @sadthe1st @Sarang21 @mirmz @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu @elan1 @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline  @HR. @Lara2020  @graceyco @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @LAARNI @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @ELFlamingo @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@choco milo  @dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535  @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest @QueenieBee  @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu   @rita96 @Missprincesa @Miadee @vangsweetie637  @BinjinFangirl @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@vajandi @tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy @gnyaa @hahanzyy @superspace @Kool   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy  @rukizie @kaykafisyah @cafe99  @liv_well @kittyna @joybran @Edgar Pordwed @LiB for Velvet @samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson @kireeti2 @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj @Mikayla Holloway @weirdnshort @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @Minbongyi   @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@Aolian @ncly @Olea @Denali @hola2jin @SCSfanz @selen4ever @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple @blingbling  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @eLizza @Ms.sunshine @tothestars  

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O @annaR  @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen  @SophieH @Poppy517  @Heretorant @gutterland @lexicon   @Areumdaun @extrodinairey @Senseandstyle  @MineunGoals  @erfatm @pixie0622  

@asiaren  @Poppy517 @Alila N @binderclips123 @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena   @Jernie @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule @Combsmania  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat  @Calli  @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed  @iluvcalculus  @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve  @Ching Geraldizo  @Ameera Ali @Emily Bett @willenette   @rocher22 @MayanEcho @Wuzetian @larus @gm4queen @sadthe1st @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @Glam @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c @admonike @Maliah @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr @-JC- @jangmi92_ @dashling_ice @jessdsc @aimeeyoung @arushi nair @Songbae @D27Gjk68 @Winny   @Sunset @youactlikeicare @stella_512 @Kdramabae @Yumiyue @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00 @Chibi8535 @inaho101 @Madu Mita  @JungRok @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz @miss_vicky @Sky Kang @anjuliet 

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd @SidTheGuy @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @AjummaF4 @sgclear  @nikki7  @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy  @juryia

@Chibi8535  @naritul  @kimlees  @xylaxyly  @lduc  @lollipop2018  @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @kimlees @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21  @Vivin Camelia  @ned_lee  @Andrea Balcazar  @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess  @kRoNix  @ohayooo  @Lusiana  @vajandi  @Zay❤️  @Dramaknits  @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

• Like 7
  • Love 10
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Well I been really busy.  In work there been too many people sick so the workload has tripled.  But still Yesterday I had time to go see National Football Match between Finland-France in olympics stadion. 

Dramaland:

I´m still so behind my  k-dramas. Even though I´m only watching two dramas( second husband and inspector Koo.) I´m re-watching one of my favorite Saguek: Queen Seondeok.   

I´m waiting for the last part of la casa de papel to appear in netflix. So I can finally finish it. 

My drop rate has been always high. But this year I have only dropped couple off dramas.  

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Blob 1

I like long series. I usually watch KBS1 dailies and long weekend drama, currently watching A gentleman and young lady, and, All-round wife. 

I frequently watch Entertainment programs: The Return of Superman, and, Music Bank, sometimes,Yu Hee-yeol's Sketchbook. 

Other than that, I like reading novels.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

We had different types of events this year, I honestly enjoyed the competitions the most. The "Tweak my Oppa" competition showed me that I can do some photoshopping as well :piggydance:

I had the most fun organizing the "Guess drama from Emojis" Competition with @partyon Noona. We had so much fun coming up with emojis clues for the dramas, and I really loved this event. Chingus were so excited with this event and finding the answers to the clues :fullofhearts:

The Event I look forward everyday to see what happened next was "Soompi Survival Games". I would check from time to time to see what happened next. I still don't know how "Truck of Doom" could run over @LeftCoastOppa Chingu. Even today I can smell conspiracy surrounding that incident. 

So this was all for the events for now, more on the events will come in my next post.

But now moving on the Dramaland.

This year has been the year where I watched many dramas which were in my watchlist for a long time, like "Great Queen Seondeok" and some others which I watched on my Chingus' recommendations when they ended like "Undercover", "On the Verge of Insanity" etc. I have watched or re-watched some old dramas a bit more this year, mainly because I didn't like most of the dramas this year (personal opinion though) :tenor:

Right now I am watching "The King's Affection" which has been really good so far. I have watched Park Eun Bin's dramas since I first saw her in "Judge vs Judge". The best thing about her is, she has been choosing different type of scripts with different kind of roles, and has performed so well in all of them. Although I do feel this drama could be her best one performance wise. 

At the same time, being Sageuk lover, I am watching "Red Sleeve Cuff" as well. It had a fine start, although I had expected it to be better. I do hope it gets better in the coming episodes. 

Happiness too I feel like is going good. I like the survival genre, and add Zombies into, then it becomes a must watch for me. 

Inspector Koo was the drama which I didn't expect to be this good. Seeing Lee Young Ae in a completely different kind of role I have ever seen her in (watched her in Dae Jang Geum, Saimdang and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance) has made this drama a lot better. I enjoy this drama, like her character and like how they have balanced the humor and the whole serial killer plot into this drama with some good suspense/mystery as well. Its good that it has been 12 episodes long, which has made the pace of this drama good as well. 

Chimera has been interesting. Although I find the ML pretty dumb, I am more interested in the Chimera case, and Lee Hee Joon as the mysterious second lead has been the show stealer so far. Seeing him as neurosurgeon in this drama, I can't feel but think "Is this Mouse S2?" :fear:

Apart from the Kdramas, I managed to watch a Jdrama as well, called "Alice in Borderlands" thanks to the hype of "Squid Game" and several people claiming it to have taken inspiration from "Alice in Borderlands". Personally I found "Alice in Borderlands" much more interesting plot wise, and I wait for its second season. 

Other than the world of dramas, I have been wanting to read "Pachinko" before the drama comes, and hopefully I will have time to finally get to read it this month :piggydance: 

PS: By the way Chingus, with so many not so good dramas for me, I have been watching the dramas recommended to me. I wouldn't mind recommendations from you guys as well. :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Chingus, I've been in a drama slump all of 2021, but it's just gotten worse as the year has progressed.

:crybaby:

No kdramas entice me anymore.... :( Unlike @joccu my drop rate has increased this year - and it was always big to begin with. I drop about 90% of all new dramas I pick up currently.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

Not sure why.... I just feel like I've seen every single plot before, and all dramas feel the same to me. I guess I feel like kdramas are currently lacking in the originality compartment.

<le sigh> :bawling:

Only drama I am watching currently is Inspector Koo. Am enjoying the fact that all the leads are women and that even the serial killer is a woman. It's a fresh take on a story we've seen before. The music is awesome as well. All 3 ladies are great actresses and are nailing their roles. Add to it the "mute" assistant Santa who is as cute as a button, and we've got a great combo.

During 2021 I've been watching mostly Thai lakorns to get some variety I have been craving for a while. Some of them are hot messes - I'll be honest. :D But watching "makjang dramas on steroids" is highly entertaining. Fortunately I have @Lmangla sweetie and @joccu to keep me company, as they are avid Thai lakorn fans as well. :kiss_wink:

Real life is busier than ever now that the worst part of the pandemic is over. With the little free time I have currently, I would rather spend my time watching dramas that I really enjoy.

If anyone out there has great recommendations of older kdramas, please do let me know!

I've also been busy planning and organizing events for the Soompi community. The fact that my sweetie @Lmangla retired as EO has felt strange, but we have slowly been adjusting to it. I am so glad to have her still around on the forum and she does give her input to us from time to time. :love:

Chingus, Christmas is right around the corner, and currently I am in the process of planning the big December event together with the rest of the EOs.

It's gonna be HUGE.

Please look forward to it, sweeties!

:dorakiss:

• Like 5
  • Love 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, agenth said:

And what has happened in your corner of Soompi the last few weeks? Please share with us in this thread!

Finished with Keeping in Trend

KDRAMA :

1. Squid Games , it was super anxiety inducer for me but managed to complete it.

2. HomeCha, Lovers of the Red Sky and Yumi's Cells.

--->LOTRS wowed me initially then made me SUPER MAD by the end of the Sshow....

-------> and Yumi's Cells was something I did not know I needed, I NEED IT MORE,And can legit watch this show everyday. SO SO Good.

3. CUrrently watching :

----->Jirisan : Why ? I don't know just cause of cast, else I dont know the purpose of this show TBH now.

-----> Happiness : The World's most misleading title and Complete 360 Degree Surprise, watch IT lol.

Followed up with CDRAMA BTS Drama and Drama trailers.... <For those who don't know, Cdrama BTS Drama is way more dramatic than actual dramas they air lmao>

1. Waiting Up for Female Psychologist<JingBoran and Yangzi > airing next week

2. and My most awaited show in years, Night Wanderer <Denglun and NiNi> ,

3. also lowkey waiting for Till the end of the moon the only xianxia I think can live up to the mark <LuoYunxi Bailu> and

4. Yes New DiliReba Show where I can watch a Lead worthy of her , the recent ones after YangYang are well better not say lol.

JDRAMA : Recently caught up here,

1. so finished Kotaro Lives Alone , super sweet show,

2. Stalled I am Mita your housekeeper and

3. catching on 5 to 9 pm <the ever so brainless romcom yet fun>

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

oh. I forget to write about the thai lakorns. thanks @partyon for mentioning them.  

Some of lakorns are so ridiculous that they are good.

My drop rate this year has been so low bc haven´t watched that many k-dramas. I become more pickier than before. 

The only drama that maybe I should have dropped was BARF drama.  well luckily not going to watch 3 season. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, madmad min said:

3. CUrrently watching :

----->Jirisan : Why ? I don't know just cause of cast, else I dont know the purpose of this show TBH now.

I laughed :D no purpose? How about the CFs for outdoor apparel. And JJH, either of them? Ah, I gave up after two episodes...

1 hour ago, joccu said:

I´m waiting for the last part of la casa de papel to appear in netflix. So I can finally finish it. 

do you look forward to the korean remake?

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Other than that, I like reading novels.

what have you been reading lately? looking for new books - i completely dropped the ball here...

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

I am a bit busy on this November because of I have a 1 month + baby and a 2 years + toodler. I can only watch kdramas during my breastmilk pumping schedule, a times where they would let me to just sit and pumping and touch my handphone (forget about laptop. I have no times for such thing lol) :heart4:

So here the list of my kdramas on November 2021 :relieved:

1. The king’s affection. I watch this because of I don’t know why. Hahaha perhaps because it’s aired on Netflix or because it has 3 handsome oppas in 1 drama. Lol

2. Gentleman and young lady. I watch this because of I think I’m getting older and is becoming a ahjuma hahaha. Usually this is not my type of kdramas but I don’t know I am just enjoying it.  

3. Red Sleeve. I watch this accidentally on VIU.. I like it.

4. Now We are breaking up

I watch this because of Gumiho oppa is there, you know :bashful: there is a new employee in my office and she is like my soulmate in kdrama and we both agree to watching this show together because of Jang kiyong :love:  even though she said she needs to feel the characters to be able to enjoy this drama where she finds out it’s a bit difficult in the first 2 eps and I agree with her <3 of course we can only get the feel of the story if the actors who play the roles can fit in hmmh..

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 6

2 hours ago, agenth said:

Successfully pulled off a Truck of Doom in the Soompi Survival Games, so now I have more time for dramas..

@agenth !! You are so BRAVE to blithely mention this where @LeftCoastOppawould see it! :joy:

I thought it was all computer simulated?!

2 hours ago, agenth said:

really did enjoy the fashion industry from the perspective of Now We're Breaking Up. Good music really does enhance the viewing pleasure for me. 

And those wanting futuristic vibes, how do you like Dr. Brain? Some moments/scenes are ??? - and yet it keeps me as a viewer, despite the "unattractive" one episode per week schedule. The mystery is thrilling and I do not know what happened to the ML's son... 

I feel the same on both of these dramas! Especially your assessment of Dr Brain. :lol:

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I had the most fun organizing the "Guess drama from Emojis" Competition with @partyon Noona. We had so much fun coming up with emojis clues for the dramas, and I really loved this event. Chingus were so excited with this event and finding the answers to the clues.

That was a fun one. :rickroll:

Real life:

Busy at home and work, but this forum is a nice escape every day. Right now the rest of the family is watching Acapulco on Apple TV, and it is actually really really funny. Has anyone else seen it?

Dramaland:

Finished Episode 3 of Secret today and it's getting more interesting, though the noble idiocy on the part of the female lead is getting to me. It might feel like real love to her, but to me it's just unnecessary overfunctioning. :wacko::lol:

Need to catch up on The King's Affection, What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, Secret Love Affair, and Fated to Love You (Taiwan version). Haha reading this I feel the need to say I DO finish most dramas I start. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Let’s see… 

Finished:Absolutely Adored Sweet Dali and her Cocky Prince , Yumi and her cells and Hometown Cha3.Enjoyed  One the Woman,  

Started Rewatching Five children/Five Enough. Forgot how cute and well written it was. 

Watching Jirisan, Royal Inspector and Joy, Red Sleeve. Am really trying to keep with Gentlemen and Young Lady but the hammy Shrieking and over acting gets in my nerves 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

Real Life: My depression has been more front and center so I haven't really gotten much done this year. Been sleeping a lot. Just not feeling it much. But doing what I can to keep going.

Dramaland: Because of real life, I haven't really truly watched as much this year as I would like to honestly.

The few that I have watched all of this year have been ones with 12 or less episodes and 10-30 min episodes each. With the exception of one being 16 ep. Still about 30ish minutes a piece, though. Those were...

• arim inn the forest (9 episodes)
  • genome's romance (8 episodes)
  • ghost vros (8 episodes)
  • kiss goblin (12 episodes)
  • i can not hug you season 1 (16 episodes)
  • mr. heart (8 eps)
  • my secret star / star with a secret (5 episodes)
  • some light (6 episodes)
  • to my star (9 episodes)
  • touch me if you can (6 episodes)

And I started a few dramas but haven't finished yet, such as...

• My Roommate is A Gumiho: on episode 10 of 16 - enjoying it a lot.
  • Touch Your Heart: on episode 10 of 16 - it's a cute and easy watch so far.
  • Kill Me, Heal Me: on ep 5 of 20 - unlike any other drama i've seen so far. i'm really intrigued by it.
  • Mysterious Love - on ep 2 of 16 - interesting premise. liking it so far.
  • Dating in the Kitchen - on ep 4 of 24 -  i'm a sucker for an age difference romance. and so far the show is cute and funny and i'm enjoying it.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

:waves: guys!

For some reason, I woke up so early in the morning today and then saw this event going on! :)

Speaking of real life, I am so busy managing few things! But Soompi Forums as always is my stress-reliever! I never get tired lurking in here. Trying my best to become more active person onboard. :hwaiting:

Then when it comes to K-dramaland, I think I am in a bit slump this year. :partyblob: Not many dramas that catch up my attention. Started off the year with Sisyphus : The myth and watched Monthly House in mid-year. Recently finished off The Veil and currently watching Jirisan. I am sure that I've forgotten the names of other dramas I watched this year but I don't remember which ones. :joy: Oops.. @partyon chingu's lakorn, Praomook is one of them!

Ha ha.. That's all from me for now! Hope you guys have more interesting stories to share! :smooches3:

• Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1