My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

Oohhh interesting thread -so I add my bits:

I grew up in the 80’s and actually was enjoying this album when it randomly played on my iTunes shuffle:

Spoiler

but then I can’t go without mentioning the pop queen of Asia back then either - while she sang in Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, and English too - I am in SEA with Hokkien heritage so these are special.

Then to Thai Lakorn -  I am part Thai and am in Bangkok, I was thinking what was the last Lakorn that impressed me and it was these two - from a few years back. 

1. บุพเพสันนิวาส Love Destiny - archeology student’s soul time travels to the Ayutthaya period in the late 1800’s - in the body of noble women that many people hate, including the male lead lol. I also learned a lot about that period of Thai history. 

2. I told Sunset About You - the only BL drama that I really enjoyed and managed to finish due to its genuine, authentic, and realistic (gorgeous cinematography + amazing production) too. It’s not one of those BL drama for the sake of it but actually a genuine BL story of two boys growing up and finding out who they are etc. https://www.bilibili.tv/en/video/2008608641

And since I am also ARMY (fan of BTS), let me just drop this for all the BTS love:

Wow Applause GIF by Spotify

What I am looking forward to is:

- catching up on reading my books - piles and piles of it 

-Japanese drama - been meaning to find one to watch to upkeep my Japanese - maybe 獣になれない私たち (Weakest Beast)

- Kdrama - I will watch the drama with Jimin’s OST since it is coming to Netflix and LJK’s ‘Again My Life.’ 

- Cdrama - Who Rules the World 且试天下

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

BTS Episode: PopQuiz for @partyon Who was singing at 5.25?

Chingu, this is too hard based on a short and unclear clip like that. :DI'm torn between Jimin and JK, but I'm gonna say it's Jimin-ah.

3 hours ago, Yinye said:

I grew up in the 80’s and actually was enjoying this album when it randomly played on my iTunes shuffle:

Madonna is a queen!

material girl madonna GIF

3 hours ago, Yinye said:

1. บุพเพสันนิวาส Love Destiny - archeology student’s soul time travels to the Ayutthaya period in the late 1800’s - in the body of noble women that many people hate, including the male lead lol. I also learned a lot about that period of Thai history. 

@agenth and I started on this drama but then we both dropped it... I don't even remember why. @agenth probably found the characters annoying (as usual) :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 2

As expected. :heartxoxo:

Since you're in the process of learning Korean, have you met Mr. Kim? The link https://youtu.be/zFcTtqrsflc

He teaches Korean in Korean :glasses:  At first, it might seem difficult but by looking at his facial expression and action you'll be able to follow the lesson (He also has a lot of fans he he)

@partyon

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

48 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Since you're in the process of learning Korean, have you met Mr. Kim?

I have not met Mr. Kim. He looks sympathetic though. :dorakiss:
I practiced on the vowels based on the video ! Thanks for posting, chingu! :kiss_wink:

EDIT: I just learned that there are 21 vowels and 19 consonants in Korean! :scream:

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 5

Dear @partyon try the whole set of 0.1 lesson till the end.  Practise the stroke too.  Some of the vowels and consonants sound can be found in English.  The challenge is those that do not have the same sound  as in English. :fullofhearts:Take your own sweet time.  

Oh btw, there are also English words that are Koreanized... like pizza, coffee, camera. cake etc ^_^

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

On 3/30/2022 at 11:35 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

Yes, to "Our Beloved Summer", Yes to "A Business Proposal" and a hopeful yes for "Tomorrow" ... (hopeful we dodge the curse of the drama which shall not be mentioned) :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will 

fingers-crossed-28.gif

I believe "Our Beloved Summer" ended well, and "A Business Proposal" will be ending this week, and will most probably end well as well. I have been seeing its clips on IG, and I do feel like I should go for it as well :piggydance:

On 3/30/2022 at 5:53 AM, sadthe1st said:

HAHAHAHA I FORGOT ABOUT IT..

and you just have to slap this in my face again.. lol

when there is Jang Nara .. i'll tag @Sleepy Owl on purpose

When you do that, you know what I always say,

JANG NARA IS LOVE!!!

wp7631789.jpg                    :heart2beat:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

Another announcement for those who are going to spend their spring in or around Las Vegas, BTS is taking over the city. Lots of activity will be available and many ARMYs to meet.  Please follow all the regulations.  Be safe everyone.

FPDwK82UYAcn6Fm?format=jpg&name=900x900

Spoiler

Online streaming ticket 

Credit to the owner

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

14 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

JANG NARA IS LOVE!!!

As expected of my dongsaeng. :cheers:

13 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Lots of activity will be available and many ARMYs to meet. 

Wow, so many activities! :love: I wouldn't mind if a couple of my oppas would host some events in Europe too.

@Ameera Ali's and my preferences:

Event 1) A workout session together with oppa

Event 2) Oppa explains and demonstrates how shower scenes are filmed

Event 3) Walkthrough of oppa's skin care routine (not just the facial skin)

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

Thank you so much for participating in My Corner of Soompi - spring edition. :dorakiss:

It's always great to hear what you have been up to.  

Please look forward to our upcoming events. We have some interesting polls and a fun Quick Poll coming your way soon! :letsgo:

We wish everyone a nice spring! :kiss_wink:

th?id=OIP.nGz1q1-WFf9wOh0GklhE-QHaE7%26p

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

tagging: @Yinye @YongZura⁷ @chococarmela @the_sweetroad @joccu @MayanEcho @rocher22 @LeftCoastOppa @maribella @lebeaucouple @twinkle_little_star @willenette @sadthe1st @angela0612 @Ameera Ali @leo2020 @SC2019 @Lmangla @Gumiho 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 2

On 3/25/2022 at 11:29 PM, partyon said:

My Corner of Soompi 

Ohhh,  my apology if I just read this forum now. I dedicated myself mostly in watching Cdramas in the year 2021 till today April 1. I finished watching the legendary Cdrama NIF1 and NIF2. Yeah, soompiers/chingudeul I am ridiculously late in watching this super epic Cdramas.  At least I can say I won't be late for NIF3 wc they said would be released in year 2024 with the same screenwriters and PD. I drooled in the charm of Hu Ge, Wang Kai and Liu Haoran.

Spoiler

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

drool-hungry.gif

And I just ended watching The Oath of Love of my other loves Zhao Xian (aside from my PBG). 

tumblr-ca8bf5ea2550c80a91583ba777e3cad8-

ctto

So yeah I pretty much spent my drama addiction in watching Cdramas and knowing the Cgossips (my heart breaks for DengLun) from year 2021 until 2022 but I got my eyes on the recent ended Kdrama OBS, JJ, Rookie Police and continuously watching ABP,  39,  Kill Heel. I discontinued watching FLAW and 2521. I might comeback to finish it when I feel it already, hehehe. 

So this time I am anticipating for the release of Wonderland and the first drama that will be chosen by Park Bo Gum after his official military discharge this April30.  And I also love to see him again in Baeksang Arts Awards with Shin Deongyeop and Bae Suzy as co-MCs. 

So that's the wrap. I hope everyone is in good health and will be able to travel to their chosen destinations locally or out of the country, as Covid19 situations are getting easy. God bless us all. :heart:

Btw, 

HAPPY RAMADAN TO ALL THE MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS HERE.

images-3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

4 minutes ago, Sakurafairy said:

Lol, I dont know also just a sign of drooling hahaha, it is that's the reason it is in spoiler. Well Reba is still beautiful. 

IDK, chingu. She looks super hungry and ready to munch on him in one bite! :scream:

No Way Wow GIF

• LOL 2

• 4 months later...

INTRO:

That was fast! We are in August already! Flip-flops and ice-cream, the sun and the beach, and long lazy hours, making memories that will last a lifetime. So, what has made this summer memorable to you? Perhaps, a summer loving that happened fast? :offtospace:

55,844 End Summer Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from Dreamstime

MY CORNER:

I spent hours catching up on some reading. I started this reading challenge.  Chingu @joccu decided to join the bandwagon and we tried to read as many books as possible, all suggested by RM from BTS. It was fun to do some reading and discovering what made inspired RM. 

Do you enjoy reading? If yes, what kind of books do you enjoy? You have any recs? We should totally have a Book Club for nerds like me who love reading and wish they could read all day and got paid for reading. But as Calvin says, ‘reality continues to ruin my life’. :brokenheart:

In other news, I might graduate BTS School, finally! :issohappy: But then again it depends on discretion of chingus @partyon and @YongZura⁷

ᴮᴱBTS EDITS⁷ on Twitter | Photoshoot bts, Foto bts, Bts wallpaper

DRAMALAND:

Argh… I have been dropping dramas like a sack of hot potatoes. The only drama that I actually looked forward to and completed was ‘Eve’. Though, the ending has left me annoyed. But had chingu @sadthe1st and others on the thread who made the journey worthwhile. :heartxoxo:

I watched 'Yumi’s Cells Season 2' on and off. TBH chingus, I was devastated after Yumi broke up with Woong aka Ahn Bo Hyun. (He is my fictional oppa, you see) But, without digressing, so that had another disappointing ending.    :cries:

K-Drama GIFs That Perfectly Sum Up 2020 | Soompi

What dramas did you watch? Are you happy with the way they concluded? We have some interesting dramas to look forward to in fall this year.    :happydance:

•    ‘Little Women’ with a stellar ensemble cast. 
•    ‘Love by Law’ starring Lee Seung-Gi and Lee Se-Young
•    ‘Three Siblings Bravely’ – a weekend family drama to help us unwind after a long weekend 
•    ‘Gold Spoon’ starring BTOB’s Yook Sung-Jae
•    ‘Mental Coach Jega’, a must watch if you are a fan of Jung Woo love dramas like 'Hot Stove League'.
•    And peeps, TaecYeon is back with ‘Blind’.  Now that reminds me anyone heard / read about 

•    ‘Love in Contract’, for incorrigible romantics like ME. A not so   little birdie a.k.a @partyon tells me that Park Min Young is AGAIN romancing younger men here. 
•    ‘Good Job’, those who shipped Jung Il-Woo and Kwon Yuri in ‘Bossam: Steal the Fate.’ They are back with another drama, ‘Good Job’. Tagging one shipper @Lmangla here. 
•    There is a lot of buzz surrounding ‘Unicorn’ as Shin Ha Kyun's going to be back again!
•    Next, we have 'X in Crisis'. Kwon Sang Woo ahjussi is also back with this new drama. 
•    'Accidental Country Diary' which is based on web novel "Eojjeodaga Jeonwonilgi" by Park Ha-Min
•    And finally, we have ‘Narco-Saints’ the screenplay of which is apparently based on the true story of Jo Bong-Haeng, who ran a major drug-smuggling ring in Suriname. Wuhoo!

YOUR CORNER:

So how has life been in your corner of Soompi? Did life give you lemons and you made lemonade? Or did you give them back and ask for tequila? Do let us know how life has been treating you? :coolshades:

Pin on Inspirational Kickass Quotes

Leaving with a very 'summer song' and also paying our respect to a legend:  Olivia Newton- John :heart:

Spoiler

Your Event Organizers,

@confusedheart @partyon  @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

tagging our chingus ::hooray:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali @superspace @000231846597

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @LovelyBirdAndYoo   @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @The.Lannister @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo   @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye  @Firefly @CA C @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun  @pixie0622

@asiaren   @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c  @Maliah @-JC-    @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang  

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd  @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @sgclear    @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy 

@kimlees    @lduc   @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess   @Lusiana    @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @Asimina Rodousaki  @Banshee Dragon   @bunnycotton143   @Carolina Baracaldo   @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu   @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana   @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela    @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  

@Man-O-Man  @mizv  @momosik   @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca   @Rabbit_Small  @roli  @rrongrrong   @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59

@omiki @junejungki @lilyphenix @Tuiwgn @Jcanqueen12   

All gif/video credits go to their owners

• Like 11
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 2