My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

@YongZura⁷ and @MayanEcho hope you'll enjoy The Autumn Ballad as much as I did). IMO it has everything you expect to get from watching a good drama- a reasonable amount of intrigue and crime, along with family stuff and true love story (:wub:) , with a pinch of bitterness and some really sad moments as well. In addition, the oncreen chemistry between the leads is just amazing. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Since you're going to avoid abs in the next month, how about reducing your share of Joo Won oppa...to let's say.... 25%?

when did I say I will avoid abs :D 

50% of Joo won oppa abs is in ANGELIC ABS  category :lol:

olny will avoid @sadthe1st DEVILISH ABS category :mrgreen:

# bad girl 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

17 hours ago, partyon said:

This is such a lovely drama! I loved Park Hyung Sik oppa and Park Bo Young together. I would be thrilled to see them do another collaboration together. 

@partyon .. thank you, partyon. it's lovely to hear the names, though. how lovely to see them. :D it's been awhile. I've been around kdramas for two whole months, if I can achieve it. I'm back after a much deserved break with another list of everything I've really enjoyed this month. so I'll sit back, grab a glass of warm water and check out my April favorites. :D

original.gif

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

5 hours ago, leo2020 said:

In addition, the oncreen chemistry between the leads is just amazing. 

Ooh, this is something that is lacking in kdramas more often than not. I'm always happy when I find a drama where the leads have amazing chemistry.

Like in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. @twinkle_little_star :kiss_wink:

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon Kiss GIF

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

when did I say I will avoid abs :D 

Oops, I guess it was my wishful thinking then.

:loolz:

I was seeing endless possibilities of snatching some of your shares of our joint oppas. :joy:

For everyone who has already commented on this thread (and some chingus who normally comment on this thread):

Please recommend some dramas with leads that had AMAZING toe curling chemistry. :wub:

#askingforafriend #MIGHTbe lmangla

@YongZura⁷ @MayanEcho @sadthe1st @Lmangla @confusedheart @joccu @Gumiho @leo2020 @willenette @SC2019 @twinkle_little_star @the_sweetroad @Ameera Ali  @gm4queen @LeftCoastOppa @maribella @CarolynH @TheaN @madmad min @lebeaucouple @Sky Kang @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* @Sleepy Owl @agenth @rocher22 @nohamahamoud2002 @lexicon @liddi @RobinM @itsmeash

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

18 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Healer has got to be one of the tops! Ji Chang Wook and Park Min Young are tooo stinking cute together.

Aaah, yes! Oppa has amazing chemistry with most of his co-stars. :wub: Loved him in Healer - PMY and him were great together.

I'm also gonna nominate Ji Sung oppa and Hwang Jung Eum. Their chemistry was off the charts in both Secret and Kill Me, Heal Me.

tumblr_muxh2aQ8dj1sbxa6zo4_r1_500.gif&f=

credit to owner

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 7

Late to the party, but I have been kinda in a drama slump as well. Watched fewer dramas than I usually watch, and even most of them have been put on hold "indefinitely" for sometime now. This is mostly because I have been caught up with a lot of RL stuff for sometime now. But then again, the other main factor has been the fact that I hardly found any drama "that" interesting over the past few months. 

The ones I really enjoyed watching have been "Through The Darkness", and "Twenty Five Twenty One". I do plan on checking out "Our Beloved Summer" and "A Business Proposal" when I do get some more free time. 

Just like @partyon Noona, I am excited about some upcoming dramas as well. I look forward to "Tomorrow", "Again my life", and "Red Single Heart" :piggydance:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 6

4 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

The fact that In-Boem ended this drama with his blue salt intact was its greatest failing ...

Yes, he remained a Virgin Oppa until the end. :criesariver:No kiss, no nothing. :crybaby:

I want 16 hours of my life back! :kicks:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 3

15 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Healer has got to be one of the tops! Ji Chang Wook and Park Min Young are tooo stinking cute together.

Oh yes, still one of my favourites!  

5 hours ago, leo2020 said:

@YongZura⁷ and @MayanEcho hope you'll enjoy The Autumn Ballad as much as I did). IMO it has everything you expect to get from watching a good drama- a reasonable amount of intrigue and crime, along with family stuff and true love story (:wub:) , with a pinch of bitterness and some really sad moments as well. In addition, the oncreen chemistry between the leads is just amazing. 

So far so good... I love it when the lead is not a damsel in distress.  She knows what she want and how to express it etc. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, partyon said:
2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

The fact that In-Boem ended this drama with his blue salt intact was its greatest failing ...

Yes, he remained a Virgin Oppa until the end.

???????

Michael Provost What GIF by Insatiable

Sounds like a strange universe where "blue salt intact" = Virgin Oppa. :joy:

Now I'm not sure if I want to watch that drama or not. :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 4

Thanks @partyonfor tagging me.:)

Things are becoming better in terms of the pandemic situation. In fact, I am scheduled to go back to work in the office soon. Our WFH days are over.:sweatingbullets:

These days I'm not able to watch as much dramas as before, there's just too much work for me to do.:tears: Such a busy person these days!

But after 2521, I'll start watching (in my free time) NJY's other dramas that I missed, those which are available in Netflix.

I'm so glad I started watching 2521 with you interesting people of Soompi Forum.:blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

10 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

olny will avoid @sadthe1st DEVILISH ABS category :mrgreen:

please define angelic abs.. and devilish abs.. need examples too!!

i think most of us need advanced coaching from you!!

how about this one?

cr.: owner

5 hours ago, partyon said:

Yes, he remained a Virgin Oppa until the end. No kiss, no nothing. 

I want 16 hours of my life back! 

HAHAHAHA I FORGOT ABOUT IT..

and you just have to slap this in my face again.. lol

when there is Jang Nara .. i'll tag @Sleepy Owl on purpose

4 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Now I'm not sure if I want to watch that drama or not. :joy:

its nice hahaha even though he stays BLUE until the last episode.. lol

cleaning up GIF

• LOL 10
  • Blob 1

Hey guys!

Life has been quite busy for me. I'm a freshman in university, I work a part-time job, and I write. I personally still wear masks in public, I actually like wearing masks. I plan on getting my booster vaccine soon!

As for dramas, I'm watching very, very few current dramas right now despite the watchlist on my signature. Most of the dramas I'm watching are old, like Glass Mask, White Lies, and Flames of Desire. I dropped Artificial City. Most dramas in 2021 disappointed me or just didn't appeal to me at all. I'm waiting for a good makjang to start so I can binge it. My taste in dramas hasn't changed since I started watching them. That sucks because it's very difficult to find good dailies/makjangs these days, SBS had some of my favorite dailies, but they stopped making them. MBC only has Second Husband, which is currently disappointing me. And I just started KBS' Love Twist and am reading through recaps/posts on here. 

Thanks for the tag @partyon chingu :D

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

*** One of the most important aspects of a drama is the chemistry between the leading actors. When the two leads are super popular, the only thing you can really hope for is that the chemistry is there.   :emmm:

My Love from Another Star – JJH and Kim Soo Hyun show that even the love story of a top celebrity and alien can be very romantic. Korean drama couples exude romance like no other. The chemistry between the leads is amazing.

Another Miss Oh - this couple is so believable on screen that it makes you wonder if its real. The kiss scenes were especially intense. (Eric Mun’s drama)

Descendants of the Sun – well, the Song-Song couple is everyone’s favorite.

Healer - this couple is perfect! (Ji Chang Wook drama)

It’s Okay, That’s Love - this couple makes you want to fall in love like no other. (Jo In Sung drama)

Fight For My Way / What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim / Witch’s Romance - this list would not be complete without Park Seo Joon. In WWWSK, they had such undeniable chemistry in the drama that people thought they were totally dating in real life. Outstanding chemistry….. I can say.

Touch My Heart - the chemistry between these two is magical. This was their 2nd collaboration after Goblin and it was not disappointing! (Lee Dong Wook drama)

Oh My Venus – aside from Park Seo Joon, Su Ji Sub is pretty much able to have chemistry with any co-star.

Doctors - I attribute most of the chemistry to Kim Rae Won here because first time I've really felt Park Shin Hye had chemistry with her co-star. LOL

Secret - though an epitome of melodrama, the romantic chemistry between the leads in the drama  (Ji Sung & Hwang Jung-eum) was off the charts.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 5

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Ooh, this is something that is lacking in kdramas more often than not. I'm always happy when I find a drama where the leads have amazing chemistry.

Like in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. @twinkle_little_star 

hai everyone. :D

@partyon .. thanks again, partyon. they have made classics and that's lovely. a kiss isn't just a kiss, it's chemistry.  :D a unique bond between two people from different worlds. sweet kisses between the two main characters is what legends are made of. :D actors get turned on in kissing scenes. for example, in the highly-rated Goblin's story with Shim powerless, this scene describes a kiss between the two on a cool moonlight night. the very first kiss between Shin and Eun Tak in episode 6. and, romantic kissing scenes Lee Dong Wook as Grim Reaper with co-star Yoo In Na. a kiss so pure, innocent and naive that all the snowflakes started floating upward. all I can say is that this kiss was so good from the angle it was filmed. :D

original.gif

40b1d6d03c9631f6bb17e48d682c82cf.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 4

@partyon - based on my own preference, i choose those two leads (which I never crazy before) , but because of that particular drama, I started to watch and follow their previous works and like them alot...their kissing chemistry made you :shaq: 

1) My favourite couple because of their on screen chemistry for that particular drama (they had dating rumours before, during filming and after post drama) - It's Okay to Not Be Okay  by Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Yea-ji - not just because of their excellent acting skills, the storyline is so good,.....they were well deserved to achieve their popular awards. :foryou:

spacer.png

2) My 2nd favourite couple with sparkling chemistry is - Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin’s from their famous work : Crash Landing on You. Needless to say, they are both so gorgeous and matching couple.

spacer.png

3) My 3rd favourite couple shown on screen chemistry is from their previous work "Happy Home" drama- Kim So Yeon and Lee Sang Woo  (now they are truly married happily) :foryou:

spacer.png

4) My 4th favourite couple shown on screen chemistry is the current romance drama that touches my heart is the Soundtrack No. 1 by Han Soo Hee and Park Hyung Sik.....beautiful storyline with beautiful scenes but only total 4 EP. You will love this couple a lot after watching 1st EP.  :wub:

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 4

On 3/28/2022 at 9:02 PM, partyon said:

@SC2019 You planning on watching Lee Jun Ki's new drama too? :love:

Oh wow, here I am 10 years later with virtually no Korean language knowledge except for the most obvious words like oppa, saranghae and omo.

I once tried to learn the Korean alphabet and even watched some YouTube videos with songs to help you remember the letters. I gave up after 2 mins. I couldn't take the children's song on loop anymore. :joy:

I have thought that I should maybe take some classes IRL so I wouldn't always have to wait impatiently for subs.... How often are your lessons?

Thankfully I have my private translators @ferily and @agenth on speed dial !

Do you like durian gelato?

I am watching two (2) dailies so I think that's testing my brain enough.

Not thinking or making plans. I was at the supermarket earlier. I noticed the haagen daz counter, bought two scoops and just finished eating. Not counting calories either.

Life is great.:happyshakes:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

Okay, lots to unpack so here goes ...

11 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I do plan on checking out "Our Beloved Summer" and "A Business Proposal" when I do get some more free time. 

Just like @partyon Noona, I am excited about some upcoming dramas as well. I look forward to "Tomorrow",

Yes, to "Our Beloved Summer", Yes to "A Business Proposal" and a hopeful yes for "Tomorrow" ... (hopeful we dodge the curse of the drama which shall not be mentioned) :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Yes, he remained a Virgin Oppa until the end. No kiss, no nothing.

I want 16 hours of my life back!

5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

HAHAHAHA I FORGOT ABOUT IT..

and you just have to slap this in my face again.. lol

when there is Jang Nara .. i'll tag @Sleepy Owl on purpose

Oh come on guys ... I admit the unconsummated, clearly obvious, mutual desire was the low point of the drama ... but it still was a great watch. 

.... not every drama can have oily abs and toe curling headboard knocking ... :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Now I'm not sure if I want to watch that drama or not.

Yes, our hero is a psychic whose power is revealed when stepping over a bowl of salt ... purity = blue salt ... and our hero had the brightest blue salt ... Ji-Ah ... our heroine was supposed to remedy that situation but alas ... no

All that said, don't let these naysayers dissuade you, the love and caring between these two was fantastic, and it was/still is a great story in its own right.

6 hours ago, agenth said:

and the answer will never change …..

While I don't disagree at all, their best scenes were NOT the happy times. Their chemistry sizzled most when they were trying to fight their instincts/ at odds ... the rooftop party ... the drunken bar scene ... the re-discovery of the rings ... those are just a few of the truly compelling scenes - IMHO

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Touch My Heart - the chemistry between these two is magical. This was their 2nd collaboration after Goblin and it was not disappointing! (Lee Dong Wook drama)

Agreed, all the magic without the pervasive melancholy

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

My taste in dramas hasn't changed since I started watching them. That sucks because it's very difficult to find good dailies/makjangs these days, SBS had some of my favorite dailies, but they stopped making them. MBC only has Second Husband, which is currently disappointing me.

Hang in there Chingu - Second Husband was on course to be my favorite daily before the extension hit, so hopefully other Writers/PDs are paying attention to the critiques and hopefully they refine the next offering.

... besides the threads are always fun! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1