My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

@Lmangla thanks for the tag. I was feeling guilty because I am watching two 'lie after lie' and ' man in veil' plus here and there of '18 again'. Then I read the posts, :open_mouth:. Goodness, almost a full time job for some people.

I am enjoying 'lie after lie'. There is enough drama and the villain is consistently bad. But the good guys are not without resources. See the latest episode that kept us cheering the good guys. @chococarmela ES is not Snow White, she would recognise the witch and her poisoned apple and would not bite. I would like to see her do more butt-kicking like in The Promise. The man in veil is a typical daily, inconsistent writing quality, bad bad villain either winning for 50-75 episodes or losing for all the episodes but what keeps me watching is ' how will they wrap up this show?'. Sometimes I am happy, others not so, or downright disappointed.

But with man in veil, I am totally against the bedding-the- mentally-challenged premise - even if the villainess faked it. Now they have made the SML being at the mercy of the same villainess ( who seems like the FL so far), I might skip coming episodes till she gets caught.

18 again has some really funny and poignant moments, but it started with a pregnant 18 year old girl going to the father of the baby just BEFORE his big game to tell him the news. She was very sad he gave up the game and let his school down, in addition to missing the chance of his life. :surprisedwut:like how? Couldn't you wait? If she were 15, I could allow for lack of thinking power.

Anyway, While I think the actress is lovely, I had not liked a few shows she had been in.

Maybe will take a break and focus on my books on Global Englishes.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

:joy: kekekkeke..... so no, it is not as cuckoo as fatal promise where the leads were so annoying. like @nohamahamoud2002, I also like the male lead because his brain is working! okay, parts of it are not obviously hahahaha... but it is a vast improvement from other dramas where I am rolling my eyes and thinking "give the man some brain transplant or something so he can think..." :lol: hahahahh... the villain ladies are all super spiders and give me the crawlies with how devious they are. as of yet, it doesn't feel like a drama where the villains always get their way. instead, they get a knock and then have to scamble to do something else to make their scheme work. so it makes it interesting... as for the female lead, she is just dumb. hahahah.....

I like Kang Eun Tak's acting, he is talented and strange enough, he shines more than the second ML. in A place in the sun and the left Handed wife, the second ML was far more talented than the first ML. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

this sounds hilarious. LOL. I want to see pics of bamboo tree shoot that has netizens pairing off these folks

Haha I give You the Cent CPs swapped unswapped. FOR FUN Purpose only.

Exhibit1 : Ashes of Love

Deng Lun - July 2020

YangZi-  Sep 2020

exhibit-a.png

Exhibit2 :Untamed

Oct 3 2020-Wang Yibo

Oct 5 2020 -Xiao Zhan

exhibit2.pngexhibit4.png

Now we have have choices and it depends on fanclub wars.

CP1-Lunzi AOL

CP2-YiZhan Untamed

CP3-Zhanzi Oath Of Love 

OR brand new Cps not shipped YET thankfully WangYibo/DengLun in Happy Camp (Circa 2017); WangYibo/Yangzi in Happy Camp (2017), or Xiao Zhan and Deng Lun

Somehow now everyone loves the Bamboo Forest. How has this led to one dating another is beyond me. Nonetheless the posts are fun by twitteratis et al.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

@Lmangla you are right about usa´s long series. and when they run too many seasons the ending is always going to suck. I´m really hoping that supernatural is going to end nicely. I don´t mind if someone dies but it has to make sense. 

There was this one show the 100. I stopped watching in season 6. I just read spoilers of the last 7 season and it ended really bad for my favorite character. and the thing is I would not minded if his dead had made sense but it did not make any sense. 

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2

@Lmangla, regarding Glass Mask, in the Western world it’s published in Italy so I used to be a moderator on an Italian forum for the International/English speaking section. On there, those who were from Asia shared that they heard that a huge fan of Glass Mask was dying in Japan and the mangaka drew a special ending especially for the fan. It’s a shame really because the competition between Maya and Ayumi for the famed Crimson Goddess role is imminent but the mangaka keeps starting and stopping the story for years. That’s why no adaptation can give a good ending because there’s no declared winner for the actresses and although the OTP finally know their love is requited, the clingy fiancée has gone crazy and even tried to kill herself. So the ending is uncertain both in the acting competition and the love story. Oh, and Ayumi also went blind. So dramatic up until volume 49.

@nohamahamoud2002 @Lmangla, to me it sounds like Man In A Veil does revenge better than Love Until the End. Kang Eun Tak star in both dailies. At least it sounds like the villain does lose at times which should make the show more enjoyable.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, partyon said:

Well you posted gifs of the shower scene from the drama. I was trying to look for abs:

Didn't find them.

didn’t u know he literally shirtless in other scene too probably to annoyed u with his lack of abs fat :mrgreen:

but girl  I bet he wasn’t in quarantine  like us  lol Grocery Store Reaction GIF by Laff

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

@Lmangla, @joccu One more thing which I really don't like about English Tv Series is that some of them just suddenly end because if the series being cancelled. By that I mean we don't get to see the next season happening due to many reasons and the story is left incomplete with the viewers totally confused how to feel about it. The series getting cancelled in my opinion is worse. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

48 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@nohamahamoud2002 @Lmangla, to me it sounds like Man In A Veil does revenge better than Love Until the End. Kang Eun Tak star in both dailies. At least it sounds like the villain does lose at times which should make the show more enjoyable.

I watched very few episodes of Love till the end, I remember Sena, Emily and the child actor Song Minjae. The ML and FL got remarried in episode 100 :joy: 

A man under a veil is rewarding the evil Yura, but Kang Eun Tak is working so well towards his revenge and things are OK till now, so hopefully Yura gets punished before episode 100, because I don't like her at all.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

This month will be too much for me to digest for kdrama series. I wonder how our dear chinggu have so much time to re-watch drama.

Currently watching the following :

• Mon-Tue : My Dangerous Wife and The Zombie Detective - both are so comical and entertaining especially the latter one - I just couldn't stop laughing it when watching. Funny :lol:
  • Wed-Thur : Private Lives and Tale of the Nine-Tailed - both have interesting and suspense plots. Storyline not the best yet but I wouldn't mind continue watching especially the lead couple for Private Lives - they are so attractive and perfect in pairing. I love their chemistry.
  • Fri - Sat - Alice - last 2 EP finishing by this week, finally.
  • Sat-Sun - Search and Start-up - I love these two weekends drama, my cups of tea. One filled with mysterious and thriller storyline, one full of entrepreneurship spirit that is so much encouraging and heartwarming.  Start-up story covers AI technology and smart phone and it's my favourite drama genre.

Waiting to watch the upcoming ones :

• Penthouse - i will watch because of Kim so yeon and also related to my favourite topic, real estate
  • Kairos 
  • The Spies Who Loved Me - may watch, not sure yet

I started to get worried if I watched too many as my other half already started complaining. He said watch out your eyes ......  :crazily:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@Lmangla, @joccu One more thing which I really don't like about English Tv Series is that some of them just suddenly end because if the series being cancelled. By that I mean we don't get to see the next season happening due to many reasons and the story is left incomplete with the viewers totally confused how to feel about it. The series getting cancelled in my opinion is worse. 

That’s true. Unfortunately, in the USA we get used to it because that’s all we knew. That’s why I tried to watch mostly crime procedural shows because if they are canceled, which most times they aren’t, there’s no cliffhanger really. The majority of times the cases are solved at the end of each episode. 

However, outside of crime shows (like Law & Order, NCIS, CSI, Criminal Minds), everything else can be canceled. It’s probably why writers can unfortunately cave in to fans. For example, there’s a show name Arrow where in the comic canon his wife is Black Canary, but because a lot of fans preferred another female character, they got rid of Black Canary and had Arrow marry the female character. In contrast, The Flash, which is also in that universe, stuck to their comic canon which I’m sure the comic book fans appreciated. Heh. 

I hardly watch US shows anymore though. Their “boldness” in some areas is too much for me although British shows are much bolder still. They have no qualms in walking butt naked in front of a camera. I thought this type of thing was reserved for R rated movies but they do it on TV too.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

17 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

That’s true. Unfortunately, in the USA we get used to it because that’s all we knew. That’s why I tried to watch mostly crime procedural shows because if they are canceled, which most times they aren’t, there’s no cliffhanger really. The majority of times the cases are solved at the end of each episode. 

However, outside of crime shows (like Law & Order, NCIS, CSI, Criminal Minds), everything else can be canceled. It’s probably why writers can unfortunately cave in to fans. For example, there’s a show name Arrow where in the comic canon his wife is Black Canary, but because a lot of fans preferred another female character, they got rid of Black Canary and had Arrow marry the female character. In contrast, The Flash, which is also in that universe, stuck to their comic canon which I’m sure the comic book fans appreciated. Heh. 

I hardly watch US shows anymore though. Their “boldness” in some areas is too much for me although British shows are much bolder still. They have no qualms in walking butt naked in front of a camera. I thought this type of thing was reserved for R rated movies but they do it on TV too.

I had a friend who was too much into American shows mainly, and some British shows too. But then he really frustrated when some of his favorite shows suddenly got cancelled without any proper closure. So after sometime and frustrations, he switched to anime. Now he is totally into Anime, and Manhwas. He did also watch a couple of Korean dramas, but he prefers anime. 

About the shows being bold, you are actually right. For me to have watched some English Series (both American and British) after initially watching Korean Dramas, I found them quite bold. Anyway, after being disappointed by the final season of GOT (which I thought would be my last English series), I watched The Witcher (was excited about it since I played its game). Apart from that, many friends recommended a lot of English Series, but I was more than busy with my Korean Dramas to even think about them. The only one I am waiting for currently is Second Season of The Witcher. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, joccu said:

There was this one show the 100. I stopped watching in season 6. I just read spoilers of the last 7 season and it ended really bad for my favorite character. and the thing is I would not minded if his dead had made sense but it did not make any sense. 

oh my gosh, don't remind me. I also dropped the drama and would just read recaps and sometimes an episode or two. I was so annoyed with the last season. it didn't make any sense and the ending. UGH. :skull: I really do think the PD hates the fans or had some bad blood with the actor because no one would write such absurdities.

@celebrianna ~ yea, I like crime procedural as well because it ends in one hour. uncle google apparently knows me well because I keep getting clips like that on my recommended list in youtube -- from monk to law and order to midsomer murders. today, something new popped up -- "rosemary & thyme" -- which is a nice cozy mystery series set in the world of gardening. the mystery is not really that brainy but the gardens -- wow, they really are lovely! worth the watch for those who love looking at plants and flowers.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

49 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

However, outside of crime shows (like Law & Order, NCIS, CSI, Criminal Minds), everything else can be canceled

You Forgot Shonda Rhimes Shows, Grey's Anatomy is still Running and Running and Running. I mean all the main characters have left yet she ends up introducing N number of new character and unnecessary spinoff mergers and due to loyal fanbase it persists, I do watch it out of 10 yrs in habit but Wish it ends somewhere. #GuiltyPleasure.

I can only watch Comedy English Shows (Bing Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, The Middle et. al.) but after venturing into K dramas it has really been difficult to hop onto a romantic or dramatic show. I somehow end up watching Riverdale (due to Archie Comic Nostalgia , it is Glee on Steroids and worse) but just cause during Dinner time I need to listen to subtitle less shows Lol.

K dramas and C dramas ruined my taste for US shows Lol.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 2

@Lmangla yeah. I think the producer did not like that actor took personal time off(he suffered from depression and then the leads got married in real life) 

but yeah never again I´m going to watch his shows.  

I watch mostly crime series but then occasionally I do watch other genres too. Like right now I´m waitin the crown 4 season to start.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

what on my corner seriously I’m in every corner with my kdrama  

My mind set 

* My wonderful life of everyone else except me :D probably writer easy the blow on her by giving her hopeful title to look forward for the wonderful life that seems not coming  :D

* Man in the vail , who clearly until now is thanks to all men who have been in my bed  & help me wear vail in my all my wedding if we take YR point of view 

* Do you like Brahms?  Which recommended if you can deal with

B - back to back solo performances 

R- relationship problem

A- angst

H- happy dimples couple 

M-music & more music 

S- split personality characters 

* No mater what you say we will be a couple because I feed you :D- what more girl can ask for 

kG9aZF0.gif

* Do Do sol sol la la sol ,  that got a great talent oppa  , which someone playing instrument which I like to think is this important  kind of music  :tongue:

zJhKTox.gif

to be finished :w00t:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

@joccu ~ what I don't like about the PD is that he seemed to dislike the fans which is dumb. why would you write a show where you anger half the fans? that doesn't make any sense... but yea, if I see him producing a show, am never going near that again. such a waste of time...

am also having lots of fun watching this turkish dizi called emanet. the subs are really slow but they put up to date clips on YT which are subtitled. more than the drama, it is the comments that crack me up and keep me laughing. :lol: half the fun of watching a drama is the comments. thats why I love hanging out in soompi! :D

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

@Sleepy Owl I laughed at your friend. I do watch Japanese anime shows since a long time ago even up to now since I also still read their manga like Skip Beat, Akagame Shirayuki-hime and a few others. I understand how he feels. :w00t: Now for the first time in my life I started reading a Japanese novel called Holmes of Kyoto. 

@Sleepy Owl, I confess GoT is too much for me. I have never watched a single episode but I heard it had in rape and incest and those subjects are pretty disturbing for me. 

@Lmangla, OH. My. Goodness! I have a coworker who both she and I are crime novel and crime tv nuts and she introduced me to Rosemary and Thyme because I thought it was a different kind of show not knowing it’s two nosy old ladies solving crimes. I binge-watched 18 seasons of Midsomer Murders a few years ago. I absolutely love the scenery in that show. England really have some quaint little villages and I love the environs. Not to mention I think Inspector Barnaby is a nice representation of an English country gentleman. I couldn’t get over how they don’t have guns though but I suppose that’s more American style because our police here are always armed. I also love Hercule Poirot and Ms. Marple tv series. I love the “Cozy” mystery genre. 

@madmad min, what! Grey’s Anatomy is still on tv? I had no idea. That was so much like a soap opera to me so I didn’t really like it. I suppose if Meredith is still in it she already had three husbands? :popcornjackson:

• LOL 4
  • Love 3