Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa

confusedheart

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa (Vote for them NOW!)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following are your favourite K-Dramas based on webtoon / manhwa / web-novels? (Group 1 - 2004 to 2019) Choose as many as you want.

• Full House (2004)
    • Princess Hours/ Goong (2006)
    • Flower Boy Next Door (2013)
    • Misaeng: Incomplete Life (2014)
    • Orange Marmalade (2015)
    • The Girl Who Sees Scents (2015)
    • The Scholar Who Walks the Night (2015)
    • Love in the Moonlight (2016)
    • Cheese In The Trap (2016)
    • The Bride of Habaek / Bride of the Water God (2017)
    • Clean With Passion For Now (2018)
    • My ID Is Gangnam Beauty (2018)
    • The Sound Of Your Heart (2018)
    • What's Wrong With Secretary Kim? (2018)
    • Your House Helper (2018)
    • Extraordinary You (2019)
    • Love Alarm (2019)
    • Hell Is Other People / Strangers From Hell (2019)
    • Her Private Life (2019)
    • None of the above / Anything else. (Please comment)
  2. 2. Which of the following are your favourite K-Dramas based on webtoon / manhwa / web-novels? (Group 2 - 2019 to 2021) Choose as many as you want.

• The Tale of Nokdu (2019)
    • Item (2019)
    • Backstreet Rookie (2020)
    • Dinner Mate (2020)
    • In Your Dream (2020)
    • Itaewon Class (2020)
    • Kingdom (2020)
    • Love Revolution (2020)
    • Memorist (2020)
    • Mystic Pop-Up Bar (2020)
    • Rugal (2020)
    • Sweet Home (2020)
    • The Uncanny Counter (2020)
    • True Beauty (2020)
    • At A Distance, Spring Is Green (2021)
    • D.P. (2021)
    • Dr. Brain (2021)
    • Hellbound (2021)
    • Imitation (2021)
  3. 3. Which of the following are your favourite K-Dramas based on webtoon / manhwa / web-novels? (Group 3 - 2021 to May 2022) Choose as many as you want.

• My Roommate Is A Gumiho (2021)
    • Navillera (2021)
    • Nevertheless (2021)
    • Not Yet Thirty (2021)
    • Shadow Beauty (2021)
    • She Would Never Know (2021)
    • So I Married the Anti-fan (2021)
    • Taxi Driver (2021)
    • The King’s Affection (2021)
    • The Sweet Blood (2021)
    • Work Later, Drink Now (2021)
    • Yumi's Cells (2021)
    • Again My Life (2022)
    • All of Us Are Dead (2022)
    • Business Proposal (2022)
    • Semantic Error (2022)
    • Superior Day (2022)
    • The Sound Of Magic (2022)
    • Tomorrow (2022)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/2022 at 02:30 PM

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa 

Do You Know? 5 Of These Hit K-dramas Were Adaptation From Their Original Manhwa (Webtoon)

Summer’s here and what’s the best way to spend it? Reading manhwa or web- novels, watching webtoons or better still binge watch K-dramas inspired from them.  We bring to you a list of much loved K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, web-novels and webtoons. 

Webtoons / manhwa / web-novels are gaining popularity and have their own cult followings. More and more webtoons / manhwa / web-novels are now being adapted to screen as fans are always excited to see their favorite comic characters come to life on-screen.  However, this is a double-edged sword because if the webtoon is adapted poorly, the loyal fans don't shy away from voicing their outrage.  :rage:

7 Popular Korean Dramas That Started As Webtoons — The Kraze

I know many die-hard manhwa / web- novels / webtoons fans who think it is sacrilegious to distort their favourite webtoon / manhwa/ web-novel and adapt them to screen. However, many love watching their favourite characters come to life on screen.  

• Do you love screen adaptations?
  • Did you absolutely hate any screen adaption of your favourite manhwa/ webtoon/ web-novel?  Do let us know in the comments. 

Since our poll can only have 60 dramas due to technical limitations, we apologize if your favourite drama isn't included. We have also refrained from including Manga. That will be for another event in the future. :yay:

We would also like to thank @lebeaucouple for suggesting the event idea. :heart4: 

You can vote for as many dramas as you want. :piggydance:

Light Novel vs Manga: We Can Have Both | Book Riot

Group 1  

Spoiler

1. Full House (2004)

K-drama masterpieces (3): 'Full House' : Korea.net : The official website  of the Republic of Korea

2. Princess Hours/ Goong  (2006)

Hit 2006 Drama “Goong” To Get A Remake | Soompi

3. Flower Boy Next Door (2013)

DRAMA| Flower Boy Next Door – Sweet, Innocent, and Relatable by Black &  Yellow Otaku Gamers

4. Misaeng: Incomplete Life (2014)

Incomplete Life (Series) - TV Tropes

5. Orange Marmalade (2015)

Orange Marmalade - Kbs Drama by ORANGE MARMALADE / O.S.T. - Music

6. The Girl Who Sees Scents (2015)

A Girl Who Sees Smells - AsianWiki

7. The Scholar Who Walks the Night (2015)

Scholar Who Walks the Night - AsianWiki

8. Love in the Moonlight (2016)

Love in the Moonlight Ep 10 Eng Sub - Bilibili

9. Cheese In The Trap (2016)

Is 'Cheese in the Trap' on Netflix? Where to Watch the Series - New On  Netflix USA

10. The Bride of Habaek (2017)

K-Drama Review: 'Bride of the Water God' Tells a Romance Mixed with Fantasy  Between a God and a Human | Channel-K

11. Clean With Passion For Now    (2018)

Is 'Clean With Passion For Now' on Netflix UK? Where to Watch the Series -  New On Netflix UK

12. My ID Is Gangnam Beauty (2018)

ID: Gangnam Beauty - AsianWiki

13. The Sound Of Your Heart (2018)

The Sound of Your Heart - AsianWiki

14. What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?   (2018)

File:What's wrong with secretary Kim.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

15. Your House Helper (2018)

Your House Helper (2018) - MyDramaList

16. Extraordinary You (2019)

Extraordinary You || Kdrama Review - the wordy habitat

17. Love Alarm (2019)

Love Alarm - AsianWiki

18. Hell Is Other People / Strangers From Hell (2019)

Hell Is Other People (TV Series 2019) - IMDb

19. Her Private Life (2019)

Pia24711 on Twitter: "This is it.......Her Private Life DVD Japan Version  https://t.co/6Fu1jPDeuQ https://t.co/v1WNpmLcjB" / Twitter

Group 2 

Spoiler

1. The Tale of Nokdu (2019)

The Tale of Nokdu - Wikipedia

2.  Item (2019)

Item (TV series) - Wikipedia

3. Backstreet Rookie (2020)

Backstreet Rookie (TV Series 2020) - IMDb

4. Dinner Mate (2020)

K-Drama Review: "Dinner Mate" Delights Viewers With Bundles of Light Humor  and Heart-Fluttering Moments

5. In Your Dream (2020)

In Your Dream (2020) - MyDramaList

6. Itaewon Class (2020)

Itaewon Class - AsianWiki

7. Kingdom (2020)

Kingdom (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

8. Love Revolution (2020)

Love Revolution (web series) - Wikipedia

9. Memorist (2020)

First Impressions: 5 Things That Made The Premiere Of “Memorist” Memorable  | Soompi

10. Mystic Pop-Up Bar (2020)

Mystic Pop-up Bar - Wikipedia

11. Rugal (2020)

Rugal Season 2: Release Date, Cast, Trailer and All You Need To Know -  OtakuKart

12. Sweet Home (2020)

TV REVIEW: “Sweet Home” K-Drama | Three Crows Magazine - Science Fiction  and Fantasy Magazine

13. The Uncanny Counter (2020)

The Uncanny Counter', OCN's highest rated K-drama | Prothom Alo

14. True Beauty (2020)

True Beauty” Webtoon Author Shares Her Thoughts On The Drama Adaptation And  Casting | Soompi

15. At A Distance, Spring Is Green (2021)

At A Distance Spring Is Green: Park Ji Hoon, Kang Min Ah and Bae In Hyuk  put out a sweet message to fans, a week ahead of premiere - Times of India

16. D.P.  (2021)

Popular military series 'D.P.' confirmed for Season 2? Here's all we know |  PINKVILLA

17. Dr. Brain (2021)

Dr. Brain - Apple TV  Press

18. Hellbound (2021)

Hellbound Season 2: Release Date, Trailer, Plot, Characters, and More

19. Imitation (2021)

Imitation (TV series) - Wikipedia

Group 3 

Spoiler

1. My Roommate Is A Gumiho (2021)

My Roommate is a Gumiho | Series Review

2. Navillera (2021)

Navillera: The Webcomic That Inspired The Netflix Series Is On Tapas

3. Nevertheless (2021)

Nevertheless, (2021) - MyDramaList

4. Not Yet Thirty (2021)

Not Yet Thirty (TV Series 2021) - IMDb

5. Shadow Beauty (2021)

Shadow Beauty” (2021 Web Drama): Cast & Summary - Kpopmap

6. Senior, Don't Put on That Lipstick / She Would Never Know (2021)

She Would Never Know: JTBC's new romance drama puts Won Jin Ah and SF9's  Rowoon on display | PINKVILLA

7. So I Married the Anti-fan (2021)

So I Married the Anti-fan - Wikipedia

8. Taxi Driver (2021)

Taxi Driver (Korean Drama) - AsianWiki

9. The King’s Affection (2021)

Watch Korean Drama The King's Affection (2021) Episodes ENG SUB | Dramacool

10. The Sweet Blood (2021)

The Sweet Blood" (2021 Web Drama): Cast & Summary - Kpopmap

11. Work Later, Drink Now (2021)

First Impression: Work Later, Drink Now

12. Yumi's Cells (2021)

Kim Go Eun's And Ahn Bo Hyun's “Cells” Want To Help Them Get Together In  Poster For Upcoming Drama “Yumi's Cells” | Soompi

13. Again My Life (2022)

Again My Life (2022) - MyDramaList

14. All of Us Are Dead (2022)

All of Us Are Dead' director shares plans for season 2: Not humans but  zombies will fight for survival? | PINKVILLA

15. Business Proposal  (2022)

5 Reasons Why You Should Watch "Business Proposal" - Kpopmap

16. Semantic Error (2022)

Semantic Error (2022) - MyDramaList

17. Superior Day (2022)

A Superior Day (2022) Plot, Cast, Photos & More - Kdrama Unni

18. The Sound Of Magic (2022)

The Sound of Magic Early Review: Ji Chang Wook's magic infiltrates Choi  Sung Eun & Hwang In Yeop's lives | PINKVILLA

19. Tomorrow (2022)

Tomorrow (South Korean TV series) - Wikipedia

Please feel free to reach out to us, your friendly neighborhood EOs with your suggestions for events, including Quick Polls.  :issohappy:

Re : Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team: @confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and  @agenth 

Tagging chingus: :heartxoxo:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @ELFlamingo @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535  @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu   @rita96  @Miadee @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @Minbongyi   @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O   @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen  @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun @extrodinairey   @erfatm @pixie0622

@asiaren   @Alila N  @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @Glam @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c @admonike @Maliah @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr @-JC-   @aimeeyoung  @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang @anjuliet 

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd @SidTheGuy @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @AjummaF4 @sgclear    @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy  @juryia

@kimlees    @lduc  @lollipop2018  @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21  @Vivin Camelia    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess  @kRoNix  @Lusiana  @vajandi  @Zay❤️   @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @Asimina Rodousaki @Azi N  @Banshee Dragon  @Blizzardistkaputt  @bunnycotton143  @Burger Bun  @Carolina Baracaldo  @Che Latifah  @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu  @Claire99  @cpjing8  @Defoto  @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana  @Fummagirl  @greezlybee  @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela  @juni asat  @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  @littleinvisiblenao

@Man-O-Man  @Melo Spear  @mizv  @momosik  @Najwa Fauzay  @Noha Mohamed  @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca  @Priyanka Shinde  @Rabbit_Small  @roli  @rrongrrong  @Sleepy Head  @starveri  @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59

@omiki @junejungki @lilyphenix @Tuiwgn @Jcanqueen12   

* All photo credit goes to the owners 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

• confusedheart changed the title to Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa

Thanks for tagging @confusedheart!

Yay, reading manhwa, manhua, manga, and webnovels are my past times lately! Am having too much fun reading and admiring the art work as the stories unfold. 

Uh, sometimes drama watching is set aside in favour of reading these adorable goodies, LOL. I'm a fan of the meme-worthy chibis add-ons, hahaha!

I've read 50 something manhwa chapters of True Beauty, so if time permits, I might see the drama version. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

@confusedheart Done, voted! I have honestly not read any manhwas. But if there's one I will consider reading, it's one that a C-drama is based on - The Long Ballad. I had no idea What's Wrong with Sec. Kim was based on a manhwa/ webtoon/ web-novel ...but now it makes sense! And The King's Affection too??? Wow, that one took me by surprise.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I've read 50 something manhwa chapters of True Beauty, so if time permits, I might see the drama version. 

I have not read the manhwa but I watched the drama. Two handsome men fighting over a beautiful woman, yeah count me in. Though I admit I started watching it only for CEW. He is so perfect, so handsome. But, chingu, the FL annoyed the heck out of me. Sadly, I dropped it after a few episodes because they tried to make her look 'ugly', gave her unflattering glasses and viola ! she is now 'ugly'. So that really bothered me. Let me know how you liked the adaptation. 

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

Kim was based on a manhwa/ webtoon/ web-novel ...but now it makes sense! And The King's Affection too??? Wow, that one took me by surprise.

Chingu, I was pretty amazed myself once I started digging into this and went down the rabbit hole and discovered so many of my favourite dramas that are actually based on manhwa/ webtoons/ web-novels.   For What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, it seems they brought it to life- scene for scene. Again, a discovery I made while researching on the topic. 2022 will see a lot more dramas inspired from them and I am so excited. 

My game plan is to read them up so that I don't die waiting for the sidesteps to air/ subs to be added.:lol:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Thanks for this poll. 

As someone who reads and have read  many Manga (Japan) manhua (China- though they'more into web novels) manhwa (KR), There are sooooooo many good ones. But poducers will choose one to adapt and will be profitable commercially and one that doesn't come with restrictions. case in point POTN. A very mature  historical  successful  KR bl webtoon. 

I was imagining if it were kdrama the leads I wold want and then I'll see a grandiose historical setting lots of art and paintings and then a very Chuno like for the lost in the woods running  scenes. Doubt it will ever happen due the nature of the manhwa.

The Bride of Haeback/ Bride of Water god was good manwha.  Unfortunately the adaptation was not.  I think it receive  flaks from the purist who read it.

Most of Chinese dramas now are adapted from web novel/ Manhua. The Japanese, they've been doing it for almost all their doramas. Kdrama the last few years has been doing so many webtoon adaptation of dramas.

I don't know if I have favorit from the poll. I see it's mostly cutesy romance type. I've not seen  many of the choices, I do like Sweet Home. Netflix did good job but I'm one of those that says Sweet Home was even better as Manwha.  You get everything complete.

The the author's other  work  first one "B*stard" was far more excellent and grippinng and could have been the first one to be adapted. But it's very angsty abuse/bullying story of young man. Nothing like a CGI fantasy type like Sweet home was.

I hope it gets adapted. We'll see up and coming young actor be a breakout star.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I havent read the webtoons/manhwa, except a few chapters of The Scholar Who Walks The Night.

So I cant say whether I like the adaptations on the screen or not.

I also just realized that I only like some scenes in these dramas.   

Save Me 

WDH's scenes were the most interesting, for me  

img.gif

ctto

ef4b725ec09daa273ecf887b9086f883.jpg

The Man Living in Our House

my fav characters  :D

WDH as Wangshik

LSH as Deukbong

The Man Living in Our House Korean Drama Review | Kdrama Kisses

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

Thanks for the poll :) 

The best romance comedy in Webtoons & Manhwa series, I would choose "True Beauty" - this drama brought me back the good old school days memories, puppy love, so so so funny, full of fun and laughters, I enjoyed the OST songs too.

The best eerie in Webtoons & Manhwa series, I would choose "Stranger from Hell", the dark atmosphere and the characters themselves can make us feel really creepy and scary....

The best historical period political drama (Horror Thriller) in Webtoons & Manhwa series, I choose "Kingdom"....this series made us hook on tight, must be fought with a strategic mind, against the politicians opponents and the living deads.

Below listed are my favourite drama that waiting for the next Seasons :

• Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area (coming in June)
  • Kingdom S3
  • D.P. S2
  • Taxi Driver S2
  • Sweet Home S2
  • All of Us Are Dead S2
  • Squid Game S2

Currently, I enjoy the most is "Our blues" (2022) kdrama - a truly top-notch cast with phenomenal acting. It's worth watching. Bravo !

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

21 hours ago, jongski said:

I see it's mostly cutesy romance type.

Chingu, could you suggest dramas we could have included? I had no idea so many dramas have been inspired and I had around 70 dramas at one point. So, I am intrigued to know which ones I dropped and perhaps I could have included them. I do see many members have opted for none of the above / anything else, but no one left a comment. So could you please help us and suggest the ones that could have been included. 

Thank you so much for voting and commenting.  

P.S. I read about The Bride of Haeback/ Bride of Water God and apparently fans were furious that they buthered it in the adaptation. How true are the Chinese adaptations? @SC2019 mentioned The Long Ballad. I am really interested in knowing how true the C-adaptations are, and how are they received by the viewers. I am yet to watch any, unfortunately. 

Sorry for badgering you with so many questions. :heartxoxo:

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

LSH as Deukbong

He is making quite a name for himself. :issohappy:I heard from chingus @partyon and @Sleepy Owl that he was quite impressive in his latest drama. Did you watch him in Tomorrow which is again based on a manhwa. 

15 hours ago, rocher22 said:

WDH as Wangshik

I loved him in Tempted. He was quite sexy in that drama, but then his character was supposed to be so.  :biubiu:

10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I voted for Misaeng (one of my top 10 drams), Navillera (another of my top 10 dramas), DP, and Yumi's cells ( I loved the cells).  

Chingu, I love the cells too in Yumi's Cells. But truth be told, I was devastated when they broke up. I loved Ahn Bo-hyun character and although he wasn't a great communicator, I felt things could have been sorted out between them. Nevertheless, I am excited for the new season. Who is your favourite cell? I have too many to count. :lol:

9 hours ago, Cool Ahjussi said:

I really enjoyed Itaewoon Class, Memorist, Uncanny Counter and Again My Life.

I loved Itaewoon Class and I just added Memorist to my watch list after I discovered it while researching on the topic. I think Itaewoon Class is one of PSJ's most memorable / best works. He was superb in the drama. :coolshades:

8 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

The best romance comedy in Webtoons & Manhwa series, I would choose "True Beauty" - this drama brought me back the good old school days memories, puppy love, so so so funny, full of fun and laughters, I enjoyed the OST songs too.

Chingu, I watched a few episodes before dropping it. I found the FL annoying. I mean she wasn't really ugfly. They worked very hard to make her look 'ugly'. CEW was perfect as usual.  

For me, Cheese in the Trap and My ID is Gangnam Beauty brought out the uni-fun days. Have you watched them, chingu? 

The best eerie in Webtoons & Manhwa series, I would choose "Stranger from Hell", the dark atmosphere and the characters themselves can make us feel really creepy and scary....

Agreed! I had to drop it because I couldn't sleep at night after watching an episode. 

•  

Are you watching it? How is it? I am scared they will ruin my memories of the original.  

• All of Us Are Dead S2
  • Squid Game S2

Currently, I enjoy the most is "Our blues" (2022) kdrama - a truly top-notch cast with phenomenal acting. It's worth watching. Bravo !

I heard about All of Us Are Dear getting a new season. But are we getting Squid Game 2? Oh I would love to know how the story unfolds... they left us on a cliff hanger- craving for more!

I agree with you wrt Our Blues. One of the finest indeed, this year. It also helps that Woo Bin has those just melt your heart dimples. :blush: Which is your favourite story?

Choi Han-soo and  Jeong Eun-hee's stories continue to remain my favourite. I cried so much after he broke her heart and she cried her heart out as she said goodbye to her friend and her first love. Gosh , it was such a bitter-sweet moment for her. I understand it was needed. She needed to move on, but the way it all ended, it just brought tears into my eyes. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

:waves: guys!

Thank you @confusedheart chingu for the tag! Posting late here... :sweatingbullets:

I am so glad that I've watched at least 5 dramas out of all the dramas in the poll. My all time favorite is Full House. Latest is Business Proposal. I am looking forward for Today's Webtoon, the Korean remake and the manga adaption of Sleepeer Hit which is Choi Daniel's upcoming SBS drama! Hopefully it will be a nice one! A slice of life drama to heal my broken heart...:getmygrooveon:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, confusedheart said:

He is making quite a name for himself. :issohappy:I heard from chingus @partyon and @Sleepy Owl that he was quite impressive in his latest drama. Did you watch him in Tomorrow which is again based on a manhwa. 

LSH was simply perfect as Joong Gil in Tomorrow   

06_43_S41_MSC00856.jpg?type=w1200

FBqW23WWUAYN4sG.jpg

NO4_8016.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

@confusedheart :wub: let me answer you one by one :

For me, Cheese in the Trap and My ID is Gangnam Beauty brought out the uni-fun days. Have you watched them, chingu?

Unfortunately, I did not watch both dramas, maybe  no time, although I know Cheese in the Trap was so popular and it was made into a movie.

Are you watching it (Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area (coming in June) , How is it? I am scared they will ruin my memories of the original.  

Yes I will watch it, only the total EP6 on S1, you are right that the Spanish version was so good that I enjoyed it very much. I like the 1st  and 2nd seasons for the original version, the subsequent ones not as good. The story made the police and politicians look so dumb. :LOLx :D

I heard about All of Us Are Dead getting a new season. But are we getting Squid Game 2? Oh I would love to know how the story unfolds... they left us on a cliff hanger- craving for more!

Squid game 2 and All of us are dead are making a season 2. Waiting for them in the next 2 years, I believe.

I agree with you wrt Our Blues. One of the finest indeed, this year. It also helps that Woo Bin has those just melt your heart dimples.  Which is your favourite story?
I watched this drama because of Lee Byung-hun, his acting is so phenomenal.

My favourite stories in this drama were :

1. The relationship between Shin Min-a and Lee Byung-hun, especially Lee, is always helping her whenever she needs help, because she was depressed for a long time.
2. I was touched by the story between Han Ji-Min and her elder sister (abnormal but extraordinarily talented with her drawing skill) sister who visited her in Cheju island, I cried a lot.
3. I love the story between the grandma and her small granddaughter, so touching and warmth :approves:

All these stories made us cry a bucket. Yes you are right that the finest drama for this year 2022, i hope it gets the best drama award. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

22 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Below listed are my favourite drama that waiting for the next Seasons :

• Kingdom S3
  • D.P. S2
  • Taxi Driver S2
  • Sweet Home S2
  • All of Us Are Dead S2
  • Squid Game S2

AAAAAAY.... Taxi Driver, i really can't wait for that. but i heard some rumours that Esom won't join the S2, Is that true?

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

2 hours ago, Cool Ahjussi said:

AAAAAAY.... Taxi Driver, i really can't wait for that. but i heard some rumours that Esom won't join the S2, Is that true?

Yes, that's correct :) I wont mind if there is other female actress to replace her, I think its better :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

21 hours ago, gm4queen said:

:waves: guys!

Thank you @confusedheart chingu for the tag! Posting late here... :sweatingbullets:

I am so glad that I've watched at least 5 dramas out of all the dramas in the poll. My all time favorite is Full House. Latest is Business Proposal. I am looking forward for Today's Webtoon, the Korean remake and the manga adaption of Sleepeer Hit which is Choi Daniel's upcoming SBS drama! Hopefully it will be a nice one! A slice of life drama to heal my broken heart...:getmygrooveon:

@gm4queen dear, "FullHouse" is also one of my favorites. Actually so many of them :

* What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?

* Moonlight Drawn By Clouds

* Scholar Who Walks The Night

* Itaewon Class........................................... etc.  :Woah:  

*** Adaptations and remakes are nothing new—people will retell new versions of old stories—but the recent surge has increased the trend. There are concrete reasons for producers finding the remake/adaptation an attractive option. But I think and I believe that fresh stories are always desirable& NICE. I have nothing against adaptation.  Although, adaptations and remakes are both challenging and fascinating as well. I really, really like it when an adaptation puts a new spin that was lacking in the original. While I just HATE big deviations from the source material for remakes. There’s an impression that it’s easier to write a remake than an entirely new drama.  I frequently see this comment “This didn’t happen in the novel/manhwa/anime, therefore the drama is wrong” levelled against a show. At any rate, it’s sometimes tiring that people comparing the different versions and complaining about the differences they see. For me, a bad choice is a bad choice. And that a new adaptation forces some new interpretation, no matter how familiar the story. But, I can always say that nothing could surpass the original. Because what worked in a different medium—may not work in the here and now, so a remake does in fact force deviation. Saying that, there are some pretty bad remakes out there and for that reason, I still find the original better. I usually don't watch remakes unless my bias is in it - if I've watched/read the original material because I find it boring watching when I already know the story. Honestly, I watch dramas based on actors – hahaha – Hence, watching remakes leads to the inevitable comparison between the original and the remake. City Hunter is an example of a K-drama that was really only an adaptation in concept—it was based on the manga, but they had reset the scene, added a different back-story, reshaped the characters and at the end it resembled almost nothing of the original and they just saved & used the title. To me the drama was even an improvement on the source material. I personally like “CH” very much. Aside from “CH”, other adapted dramas that were successful as TV shows are: The Return of Iljimae, Full House, Goong, Gourmet, and Misaeng. It’s just that the latter started as webtoon, which was a sensation in its own right and has reached bestseller status. The spirit of the original has been transferred without necessarily copying everything frame by frame. And really the secret to success specifically for remakes in general, lies chiefly in the execution—more than casting or content.  Audiences really are here for the entertainment, aren’t we? Make good dramas, and the audiences will respond. I usually go for dramas with original stories but that's becoming less and less available now. I don't mind adaptations if they keep the soul of the story intact –My friend makes a habit of watching film adaptations first before he reads the book, so that he can actually enjoy the film (otherwise, he'll be constantly comparing one to the other.)Well, the bottom-line is- everyone has different

preferences. It’s just important to respect someone's drama tastes.  :shaq:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

22 hours ago, gm4queen said:

am looking forward for Today's Webtoon, the Korean remake and the manga adaption of Sleepeer Hit which is Choi Daniel's upcoming SBS drama! Hopefully it will be a nice one! A slice of life drama to heal my broken heart...:getmygrooveon:

Yup, we have been waiting to see him on screen for ages now and it does sound like an interesting plot. 

Full House is such a cult classic. I think it started the Hallyu wave and the rest is history. :lol:

22 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Hi everyone). Since I'm new to Kdramas I mostly am familiar with group 3 dramas. Business Proposal and Again My Life IMO were the best from what I've seen lately :).  

Chingu, I hope we got you interested in few of the dramas. I personally discovered many and since I am experiencing a drama slump at the moment, I am going to pick these up. Did any of the titles impress you enough to check them out? 

21 hours ago, rocher22 said:

LSH was simply perfect as Joong Gil in Tomorrow   

Tagging chingu @partyon She swamped us with his pics. I think he is her 'potential' oppa too. So i am sure she will love feasting her eyes on the pics. 

12 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I like the 1st  and 2nd seasons for the original version, the subsequent ones not as good. The story made the police and politicians look so dumb. :LOLx :D

Totally! They just kept banking on the faithful fans to see them trough another season but they were really stretching it too far. 

13 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

All these stories made us cry a bucket. Yes you are right that the finest drama for this year 2022, i hope it gets the best drama award. 

In retrospect, I agree. Each story struck a chord. I want to give up my job and live on the island and live a low key life with those wonderful human beings. :wub:

12 hours ago, Cool Ahjussi said:

Do you want to see her again? Or are you ok with a change? If it's ok, who do you want to see?

9 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Yes, that's correct :) I wont mind if there is other female actress to replace her, I think its better :) 

Who do you want to replace her? 

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I used to like "Feel Good to Die", but after the scandal of the ML, I can't watch it anymore.

We need to start a petition for scandal free MLs/ oppas. :cries:

1 hour ago, willenette said:

I usually don't watch remakes unless my bias is in it

Chingu, I am extremely wary of any remakes. 

1 hour ago, willenette said:

I personally like “CH” very much. Aside from “CH”, other adapted dramas that were successful as TV shows are: The Return of Iljimae, Full House, Goong, Gourmet, and Misaeng.

I should have included  Return of Iljimae. 

Chingu, any adaptation that failed to impress you or left you disappointed?  

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

19 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

Did any of the titles impress you enough to check them out?

The Bride Of Water God sounds very promising, I will try to find it with subs).

Also there is The Scholar Who  Walks The Night , I'm actually familiar with it since I'm a dedicated follower of Lee Joon-gi's talent :wub:,  however I should confess never watched it properly from the beginning to the end. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1