Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas

confusedheart

Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas (Choose as many as you want)  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Time Travel K-Drama? (Choose as many as you want)

• 365: Repeat the Year
    • Alice
    • Chicago Typewriter
    • Live Up to Your Name / Deserving of the Name
    • Faith
    • Familiar Wife
    • Go Back Couple
    • God's Gift: 14 Days
    • Joseon Survival
    • Kairos
    • Life on Mars
    • My First Love / Longing Heart
    • Manhole
    • Marry Him If You Dare
    • Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
    • Mr. Queen
    • My Only Love Song
    • Nine: Time Travel Nine Times
    • One More Time
    • None of the above/ Anything else? (Please comment)
  2. 2. Which is your favourite Time Travel K-Drama? (Choose as many as you want)

• Operation Proposal
    • Queen & I
    • Queen In-Hyun's Man
    • Reunited Worlds / Into the World Again
    • Rooftop Prince
    • Saimdang, Light's Diary
    • Signal
    • Sisyphus: The Myth
    • Somehow 18
    • Hit The Top / The Best Hit
    • The King: Eternal Monarch
    • The Light In Your Eyes
    • Thousand Years of Love
    • Time Slip Dr. Jin
    • Tomorrow With You
    • Tunnel
    • None of the above / Anything else? (Please comment)
  3. 3. Which is your favourite Semi Time Travel K-Drama? (Choose as many as you want)

• 18 Again
    • Goblin The Lonely And Great God
    • My Love From The Star
    • None of the above / Anything else? (Please comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2022 at 09:45 AM

Quick Poll: Best / Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas

Don't you all wish you could transport yourself to a different version of reality? Go back in time or perhaps jump to the future? Well, since we don't have a time machine yet, our best bet is a Time Travelling K-Dramas.  It is always so fascinating to watch a character do what we mere humans can't- conquer time, skip into the future or past.

Premiere Diary: Twenty-Five Twenty-One (2022) - MyDramaList

Hollywood has given us few unforgettable Time Travel movies like Interstellar, Groundhog Day, Tenet, etc.  K-Dramas have also given us time travel stories that have offered mind-bending entertainment to the viewers. 

confession couple | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

What appeals to you most about Time Travel K-Dramas? Is it travelling back through time and fixing the wrongs? Or is it skipping to future and exploring the unknown? Let us know in the comments below. 

Signal Korean Drama | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Please feel free to reach out to us, your friendly neighborhood EOs with your suggestions for events, including Quick Polls.  :issohappy:

Re : Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team:   @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

Tagging our chingus:  :heartxoxo:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @ELFlamingo @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535  @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu   @rita96  @Miadee @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @Minbongyi   @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O   @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen  @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun @extrodinairey   @erfatm @pixie0622

@asiaren   @Alila N  @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @Glam @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c @admonike @Maliah @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr @-JC-   @aimeeyoung  @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang @anjuliet 

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd @SidTheGuy @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @AjummaF4 @sgclear    @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy  @juryia

@kimlees    @lduc  @lollipop2018  @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21  @Vivin Camelia    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess  @kRoNix  @Lusiana  @vajandi  @Zay❤️   @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @Asimina Rodousaki @Azi N  @Banshee Dragon  @Blizzardistkaputt  @bunnycotton143  @Burger Bun  @Carolina Baracaldo  @Che Latifah  @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu  @Claire99  @cpjing8  @Defoto  @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana  @Fummagirl  @greezlybee  @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela  @juni asat  @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  @littleinvisiblenao

@Man-O-Man  @Melo Spear  @mizv  @momosik  @Najwa Fauzay  @Noha Mohamed  @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca  @Priyanka Shinde  @Rabbit_Small  @roli  @rrongrrong  @Sleepy Head  @starveri  @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59

• Like 8
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

• confusedheart changed the title to Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas

I am actually surprised that I watched this many time travel dramas. for me, time travel dramas don't work when there is not a strong reason to go back in time -- and no, going back to try capture your first love is not a reason, that is just stupid. (face palm) I hate that genre of time travel. I am also not a fan of those time travel dramas where people go back to try change their lives because they are so miserable in the present and figure if they marry someone else, they will be happy and in the end, they still marry that same person. aigoo, that is also not entertaining either. if you hated the person the first time around and wanted a divorce, why would it be better the second time around? (shrug)

so the time travel dramas I watched and enjoyed either had a murder/investigation element or a out of place/medical entertainment. basically a strong reason that motivates us to keep watching because there is a kind of urgency. 

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Good to know there are some dramas to try next time I'm feeling down.

(I think it's the first poll that I've checked so many titles at once - because I knew them, small wonder.) 

:what!:

I think what appeals to me the most in time travel dramas (and stories in general) is the possibility to explore the different path, or paths, to the same goal and the chance to observe if the outcome would be the same, or different; which one of the decisions where the deciding factor in shaping the events, and helping or hindering the characters' lives. If someone knows what happen, how that knowledge will change the future (their past)? It works best (I think) with thriller/mystery, like Signal or Tunnel. 

But when the character is sent to the future and people at the present only realize why they missed that one time (or the whole time) is because they met later, and how does that change their view of events, like Rooftop prince, Live Up To Your Name, etc. 

I usually avoid the stories when time travel feels casual, like it could be or not, and it change very little. I remember that Manhole actually makes me cringe for that reason (or was it the sense of humor? Both, probably.) There is something serious about changing past or visiting the future that it needs to be done at least with serious consequences, in grave circumstances, or with great determination (how this play out is the different matter - like in  Mr Queen). 

And there is that kind of dramas that leave you with the feeling of missed opportunity (mostly for another season, but also for a "what if"), like 365: Repeat the year.

I must admit I know exactly why, and agree that is was the only possible outcome, honestly, but there was that moment when I actually hoped 

Spoiler

Park Sun Ho would travel back with the knowledge that someone went back to save him and how would that make him act.

It's an interesting possibility, but giving a murder such power would be a really bad idea, still... curious. 

(I think a might be a bit too enthusiastic in this topic.)

:sweats:

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

*** Time travel is a common figure used in K-dramas to solve mysteries, and many more. It always adds a level of intrigue to any television show when the drama of the past or future is intermixed with the present. In some cases, K-dramas use time travel to solve crimes from the past. I love “The King : Eternal Monarch”. In the show, there are two co-existing realities: present-day South Korea and the Kingdom of Corea. It is always so fascinating to watch a character conquer time and skip into the future or past.

Me, if I’m about to go back in time? The truth? I would never want to go back in time and do things differently. No matter what. I would never want to undo my failures, as much as they hurt me. I would never want to unwind the clock and try to skip past the painful moments or try to live a perfect life because it’s my failures that have shaped and molded me the most. Not my successes. Sure, success is great. It’s an exhilarating feeling to be on top of the world. But that doesn’t define you. One of my favorite books in the world was The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. I always wanted to travel in time. But I didn’t want to go backwards. I wanted to go forwards. I was less interested in changing things and far more intrigued by what the world would look like in the future. I’m not so much of a historian as I am a futurist. You might be regretting some of the mistakes that you’ve made and wanting to turn back the hands of time to do things over again. But you shouldn’t. I live by this saying : there’s a reason for everything. We can’t live in the past. We have to live in the here and now. We have to appreciate what we have, no matter how little it might seem. If you focus on your problems, you’ll get more problems. In turn, you won’t think about trying to go back in time and do things differently. I wouldn’t go back in time to change things. M y failures and mistakes were a product of my own doing. I created the problems.  :kaching3:

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

Familiar Wife - I loved the slight twist that it wasn't our time traveling ML Ji Sung that changed his own fate for the better, it was the woman he was trying to leave behind, my Ultimate Noona, Han Ji-Min, that wouldn't let him give up on them after finding out he changed their collective past.

Sisyphus: The Myth - This drama was great ... right up until the last episode - Even with the futility presented clearly in the drama's title, that last episode was reminiscent of the last 2 episodes of the drama which shall not be mentioned ... in that they both took an incredible story and just ruined the ending ... I still watch parts of the first 15 episodes which is why its a favorite ( the Villain was great too )

The King: Eternal Monarch - When the helicopters and police with guns all arrive first, but you have to wait for the fog machines and the king to arrive ... on horseback ... swinging a sword :rolleyes: 

While I love this genre, its rarely done well ... lots on this poll I don't recognize so perhaps a binge watch or 3 is in my future :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 8

Yay! Time travel poll! :getmygrooveon:

I was like "Yes! I'm gonna vote for so many!"

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Then I looked at the list, and came to the realization that I actually dislike a lot of the time travel dramas that I have watched.

GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

My favorite dramas (in no particular order):

1) Tunnel

2) Signal

3) Go Back Couple (I cried so much with this one :bawling:)

I semi-liked these:

1) Mr. Queen (the ending sucked - otherwise the drama was quite good)

2) Goblin (I had issues with the main couple, loved the second couple though)

I really disliked these:

1) Alice - @LeftCoastOppa's and @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng's favorite drama

2) Familiar Wife - the fact that the ML didn't miss his kids at all or even reminisced about them when he went back in time was a big no-no for me. The writer should have looked at Go Back Couple where the leads felt so much pain for losing their child when they traveled back in time...

3) Marry Him If You Dare (Mirae's Choice) - the worst ending ever in a kdrama :rage: Called Mirae's Choice - Mirae makes a choice at the end of the drama but the viewers don't get to see what her choice is

Angry Looney Tunes GIF

4) Hit The Top - this is what happens when the writer decides to change the script while the drama is airing. It was a disaster. :unamused:

5) My Love from the Star - overhyped and overrated

6) 18 Again - great acting but preferred the movie and Zac Efron :wub:

7) Somehow 18 - I wish I had dropped it sooner

8) The King: Eternal Monarch - the plot with too many plot holes - not even sure if there was a plot? :unamused:

75682881.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

18 minutes ago, willenette said:

I would never want to unwind the clock and try to skip past the painful moments or try to live a perfect life because it’s my failures that have shaped and molded me the most.

The failure of others who have impact in our lives as well, because we are part of the interconnected lives, and changing our, when the bad happen, might means taking away someone else happy moments, or makes their lives harder, whereas otherwise they could be living a better lives. 

Our happiness and grief aren't ours alone, even if in time it feels like it is. That's also an interesting thing about time travel, but it's rarely explored to more in depth extend.

(I'd never want to went back and met people who are dead to me, or left my life and give me grief, or happiness, too.)

Also, I'd prefer to leave the future when it belongs. Knowing what will happen certainly would alter the path, and in consequence probably change something in different area o my life that I wasn't aware at the moment, or didn't yet happen in the future that I'd see (hope it makes sense). 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 6

9TTT_Prot.jpg

cr.: owner

OPPA I'M HERE TO SUPPORT YOU!!! 

even if you time travel a thousand times.. 

okay i'm just joking..

but he does look good every time he appears on screen.. 9 years ago.. and even recently in Bulgasal

:heartxoxo:

and i have to support Alice too

microtag @LeftCoastOppa just to annoy chingu!

because other than KHS, there is @Ameera Ali and @partyon 's Joo Won oppa

:4267_LiccGif:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

:waves: guys!

Thank you @confusedheart chingu for the tag! YES, time travel is one of my favorite genres. I never feel bored when I watch these dramas! They are all intense enough to keep me on the edge of my seat! :lol:

Guess I've watched about 5 time travel dramas out of all the dramas mentioned in the poll. Proud of myself! :) I even voted for The King : Eternal Monarch as my favorite. You passed the test, Lee Min Ho oppa! :joy:

By the way, do we have any upcoming dramas in time travel genre? I'd love to give it a try. No matter who's oppa stars in it, I will watch it. :sparklyeyes:

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

... you know Chingu, if you want me to find you more long haired pics of JCW just ask ...

No need! The hair is atrocious! :kicks:

I cried while watching the trailer for The Sound of Magic this morning. :bawling:

Poor oppa! :crybaby:

• LOL 8
  • Love 1