Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas

confusedheart

Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas (Choose as many as you want)  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Time Travel K-Drama? (Choose as many as you want)

• 365: Repeat the Year
    • Alice
    • Chicago Typewriter
    • Live Up to Your Name / Deserving of the Name
    • Faith
    • Familiar Wife
    • Go Back Couple
    • God's Gift: 14 Days
    • Joseon Survival
    • Kairos
    • Life on Mars
    • My First Love / Longing Heart
    • Manhole
    • Marry Him If You Dare
    • Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
    • Mr. Queen
    • My Only Love Song
    • Nine: Time Travel Nine Times
    • One More Time
    • None of the above/ Anything else? (Please comment)
  2. 2. Which is your favourite Time Travel K-Drama? (Choose as many as you want)

• Operation Proposal
    • Queen & I
    • Queen In-Hyun's Man
    • Reunited Worlds / Into the World Again
    • Rooftop Prince
    • Saimdang, Light's Diary
    • Signal
    • Sisyphus: The Myth
    • Somehow 18
    • Hit The Top / The Best Hit
    • The King: Eternal Monarch
    • The Light In Your Eyes
    • Thousand Years of Love
    • Time Slip Dr. Jin
    • Tomorrow With You
    • Tunnel
    • None of the above / Anything else? (Please comment)
  3. 3. Which is your favourite Semi Time Travel K-Drama? (Choose as many as you want)

• 18 Again
    • Goblin The Lonely And Great God
    • My Love From The Star
    • None of the above / Anything else? (Please comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2022 at 09:45 AM

6 hours ago, SC2019 said:

can I make you envious by saying that I have a group photo with LMH in it (organised by the agency who ran the fan meet) meaning it's not secretly shot but properly done?

There should be quite a few LMH fans on this forum who are super envious you got to meet him. :D

Twitching GIF

I've only seen one k-actress while I was shopping in a department store in Seoul. I was staring at her because I was trying to remember what her name was, and she was looking pretty annoyed because of that. :D

@the_sweetroad @YongZura⁷ Sweet kitten face

min-yoongi-yoongi.gif

• LOL 5

@partyon  @the_sweetroad   I'm adding two new words on my vocabulary lists... :glasses:  

@confusedheart I'm sorry, looking back at the poll, I think I'm one of "them" who did not really answer the questions asked :sweet:I just clicked all the dramas that I watched and submitted... Reading @partyon analysis made me rethink of my own drama choice :flushed:.   However, at the end of the days... it is our personal choice so it is fine. 

My Top 5 will be Signal (I watched the Korean version 2X, the Japanese remake of Signal 2X, just need to see the movie adaptation :love:.  Next, Goblin, Live Up To Your Name, Chicago Typewriter and Moonlovers... (in random order)

Signal hold a special memory because I was once active as a "radio amateur operator" (My license has expired :cry:) To think that we can communicate with someone ....that "far away" .... plus the mysteries etc.  

As for the Japanese remake BTS has their OST "Don't Leave Me", which has become my favourite too.  So it's a ++++ for me :love:

Credit to BHM

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I just clicked all the dramas that I watched and submitted... Reading @partyon analysis made me rethink of my own drama choice :flushed:.   However, at the end of the days... it is our personal choice so it is fine. 

That's fine. :kiss_wink: I was also gonna vote for all the dramas that I had watched, but then realized I hated too many of them. :joy:

Chingu, saw that you voted for Mr. Queen. What did you think of that drama?

6702eca29df9c6c1481447162058d4abb4fc1fae

cr. to owner

Me to the writer who wrote the ending:

1bf2562935c3cebb5a728a34b15ab0aa69b9f425

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingu, saw that you voted for Mr. Queen. What did you think of that drama?

I did enjoy watching the drama. :love:  I also like the characters in the drama .... The ending doesn't affect me much, so I'm okay .. but I only watched it once. (I'm just a simple person) ;)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I also like the characters in the drama

Yeah, I really liked the characters in the drama, too. Well, except for the concubine - she was a bit annoying. And the evil dudes.

Chingu, how did you like Hit The Top?

ed43780f6e4f0946e1cbb739dc362a60.jpg

@confusedheart Did you know that your oppa appeared in Hit The Top?

giphy.gif

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

50 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I just clicked all the dramas that I watched and submitted... Reading @partyon analysis made me rethink of my own drama choice :flushed:

Um, I think it's a bit of the interpretation of the question...? Maybe?

I also "cheated", but simply because none of them are my true favorite as a whole, there is always something that ruined the effect in the end (or in the middle). Just chose the one I've watched and like something in them.

And I mixed Somewhat 18 with 18 Again.

:dead:

So, don't worry, you're really not alone in this. 

:heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Thanks for tagging @confusedheart! ❤️ 

I've only watched Mr Queen among the choices. :)

I haven't seen much time travel dramas/movies, but I like the genre and enjoy reading stories of the same theme.

More often than not, time travel fixes, avoids, or changes the outcome, and it's interesting (at least for me, LOL) how would it be done (often a whole lot another adventure). 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@confusedheart I'm sorry, looking back at the poll, I think I'm one of "them" who did not really answer the questions asked :sweet:I just clicked all the dramas that I watched and submitted... Reading @partyon analysis made me rethink of my own drama choice :flushed:.   However, at the end of the days... it is our personal choice so it is fine. 

Absolutely, I too clicked on all the dramas that I had watched and unlike others I realized I have not watched that many Time Travel dramas. :bawling:

In other news, I identified the boys correctly last night. Well almost did. I like their new style.  :issohappy:

1 hour ago, partyon said:

@confusedheart Did you know that your oppa appeared in Hit The Top?

Omo! My baby boo!:wub: @the_sweetroad

1 hour ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

And I mixed Somewhat 18 with 18 Again.

Chingu, I thought it was the same too. It was only when I was compiling the list and checking Wiki that I realized they were two different dramas. :heartxoxo: 

21 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

He definitely works the top hat better than Depp I'll give you that :lol:

:joy:

8 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

The 2006 Lake House was actually a remake of sorts of the Korean film Il Mare (2000) ... in the 2006 movie the restaurant Sandra & Keanu are supposed to meet at is called "Il Mare" in homage to the Korean film

Really? I loved that movie. I think Sandra and Keanu make a lovely couple. I wish they had dated in real life too.

@agenth and @partyon a possibility of powerful couple wasted. :tears:

21 hours ago, leo2020 said:

but the 2006 The Lake House. Sandra and Kianu managed to create magical and beautiful story I'll never forget :wub:

They always had great chemistry since Speed Days. :wub:

21 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I just watched Lee Min Ho's scenes in episode 1. Guess it's not really my taste, chingu! Haven't tried it afterwards. :sweatingbullets:

I gave up too. They ruined the novel. I was watching it for Hansu but in the end not even charismatic LMH's portrayal of Hansu could stop me from dropping it. :brokenheart:

20 hours ago, TheaN said:

I've been to every fan meeting Hyun Woo has had since he got out of the military.  

Gosh, I am envious of you. How is he IRL? Tell us more about these fan meets. :wub:

20 hours ago, TheaN said:

Toasting with Hyun Woo! (He had water, I had soju)

I don't know why but this made him even more endearing. Classy gentlemanly act. Putting his best foot forward. 

20 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

and "RBF" (my sensibilities won't allow me to type it out).

Ah this is an improvement. Less offending to chingu @partyon 

20 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

watching Tomorrow with You

This was so good. Loved the T-version a lot. 

16 hours ago, itsmeash said:

Yep. That bit is going much too far.

Chingu, I like him too but he looks ahem weird in this new drama.:emmm:I am sure he would do a fantastic job as he always does in all his dramas. It's just his look in the drama that's a bit....

12 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I tried, gave up after 10 minutes

I am feeling better now that I know I wasn't alone in giving it up. :cry:

12 hours ago, TheaN said:

I know he's done a lot of musical theater, so now us international fans get to see/hear him sing.

This is news to me. I didn't know this. Wow! Impressive @partyon @agenth:heartxoxo:

9 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

"Familiar Wife" had a similar concept as well, but I didn't really like several things in that drama.  

Me too and it saddens me to admit this because I love Ji Sung but this was such a disappointment. :tears:

7 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Emm, that drama unforunately is not my thing at all... And I think that styling and era in general is not LMH's thing either. 

I loved his look in the drama, even him being a jerk, suits him. I mean he has been a jerk since BoF days so I thoroughly enjoy his portrayal of the character. I wish we got more of him. But, yes, dropped it too. 

7 hours ago, SC2019 said:

He's extremely tall and he's neither overtly friendly nor overly cold, just a slight smile, trying to appear professional.

I am in love a little more and yes, I am envious of you! 

7 hours ago, SC2019 said:

till this day I've not asked him what he thought of me going. :P

He probably doesn't get what the 'madness' is about. But I totally get you. Gosh, I have a thing for tall men in suits and he looks amazing in them. :biubiu: 

8 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@partyon would it be too boring to have an event entitled "Whose fan meet you would like to go to and why?" :sparklyeyes:

What a lovely idea! @partyon I will prepare my long list of oppas I wish to meet. I hope you can accommodate them all. :bashful:

7 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Once in Paris my husband and I were standing on a pedestrian crossing waiting for a green light and I just looked on the road and there was Pierre Richard on his motorbicke, just casually waiting for a green light as well. I instantly went into "crazy fan" mood :w00t:, practically jumping around my husband, telling him "That's Richard , hurry up, make a photo" and so on (OMG, that's so embarassing when I recall it now:D). My husband's look was like "emmm, ok, whatever" :joy:.

Did you get that photo chingu? Gosh, why can't I run into my favourite stars too?:tears:

7 hours ago, Yinye said:

BBJX (Chinese) is still the stronger version even if I loved the Korean remake too. It had more episodes, better script which was based on the novel) and so it did better re can accurately capture the novel’s focus on time, politics, and nuances better (Kangxi Emperor -Qing dynasty was in the 1700’s vs. Korean took it back all the way to King Taejo-Goryeo in the 900’s.)

Sounds fascinating! I will add this to my list. Thanks for the rec. I love these events, I discover so many things, including dramas. :love:

7 hours ago, partyon said:

His reaction to their comment:

Yes, that's a good representation of meow. :D He has that 'If looks could kill' look. :D

5 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

IMO, it is too "typical hollywood style" of filming,

THIS! I think I personally love K-dramas beacuse of what they offer. I think we already get American/ British series and if we wanted something like that I'd have tuned into them, not Pachinko. I really hate the Hollywood/ Americanized version too. Just ruined the quaintness of a K-drama. But one thing I love is the opening credit and LMH's dance moves. :love:

5 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

(our favorite 2nd FL from Mask) are also in it.

@partyontells me that it has my 'cardboard' handsome oppa too so I got to watch it now. :fullofhearts: 

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I've only seen one k-actress while I was shopping in a department store in Seoul. I was staring at her because I was trying to remember what her name was, and she was looking pretty annoyed because of that. :D

Did you finally recall who it was?

40 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I've only watched Mr Queen among the choices. :)

What did you think of it? The whole gender bender thing? And of course the ending.  

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

Yes, that's a good representation of meow. :D He has that 'If looks could kill' look. :D

bts-bangtan-boys.gif

23 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

Chingu, I like him too but he looks ahem weird in this new drama.

0000650920_001_20180602083022381.jpg?w=5

re: @agenth

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

What did you think of it? The whole gender bender thing? And of course the ending.  

It's funny most of the times, especially when "he" just arrived in that era. The powerplay isn't so excessive and the side stories are just as amusing. About the ending, I guess it's to be expected that time travellers will eventually have to go back where they truly belong. Perhaps not as exciting compared to if he didn't have to return, but IMO it is alright, as it's a matter of neatly wrapping up the story.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Yeah, I really liked the characters in the drama, too. Well, except for the concubine - she was a bit annoying. And the evil dudes.

;) 

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Chingu, how did you like Hit The Top?

I like it too.... I can't remember specifically why I like it at that time :hahah!:Is it YSY himself or is it because I was surprised at KMJ who can sing/dance like an idol and the famous DABONG! I just like it...

Spoiler

ctto

• Love 2

3 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Gosh, I am envious of you. How is he IRL? Tell us more about these fan meets. :wub:

Very sweet.  And talk about fan service.  He always does something special after the event.  Some of the things he has done:

• Group picture - not the one on stage with the audience in the back, but in groups of about 25.
  • Hugs (usually, if the crowd is large, there is a "traffic cop-staff" making sure you don't linger in his arms.)
  • Individual photos
  • at one dinner event, he came to each table and sat for awhile a talked to us

Once, I was in line and as I came up to him, he pointed at me and said, "Hawaii"!  That one gesture engraved him in my heart forever. :fullofhearts:

My favorite photo with him :heart:.  Like we were on vacation on somethin'.

spacer.png

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Omo! My baby boo!:wub: @the_sweetroad

Who is he?

I think Sandra and Keanu make a lovely couple. I wish they had dated in real life too.

Haha, I wished that, too, when I was younger! They were so great together in Speed. I love her in most things. I haven't seen the Lake House yet, though. Or any of her more suspenseful ones, like Gravity or Bird Cage.

Ah this is an improvement. Less offending to chingu @partyon 

:lol:

@partyontells me that it has my 'cardboard' handsome oppa too so I got to watch it now.

Who's the cardboard in My Love From the Star @partyon:rubchin:

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

About the ending, I guess it's to be expected that time travellers will eventually have to go back where they truly belong.

This reminded me - Has anyone here seen Midnight in Paris, with Owen Wilson, Marion Cotillard, and Rachel McAdams? That's a great time travel film and one person actually stays where he/she feels the most belonging.

The opening montage of Paris is beautiful. :heart:

• Love 3

12 hours ago, TheaN said:

My favorite photo with him :heart:.  Like we were on vacation on somethin'.

That is such a sweet picture! :fullofhearts:

And how cute that he remembers you! You're such a lucky fan! :love:

11 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

This reminded me - Has anyone here seen Midnight in Paris, with Owen Wilson, Marion Cotillard, and Rachel McAdams?

Of course. It's a classic! :glasses:

Even though personally I do not get the hype regarding Paris. It's just a city of many interesting cities in Europe. So many other wonderful cities here too with equal charm.

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

• Love 2

16 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Really? I loved that movie. I think Sandra and Keanu make a lovely couple. I wish they had dated in real life too.

Oh, I should confess, there were times I dreamed about them being a real couple as well :wub:

16 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Did you get that photo chingu? Gosh, why can't I run into my favourite stars too?:tears:

I think my husband even managed to make 2 or 3 photos before the light changed). BTW I remember  later my Parisian colleaque told me seeing Richard casually driving in Paris is really not a big deal at all, and there are tonnes of photomaterial with him on a motorbicke :D

12 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

This reminded me - Has anyone here seen Midnight in Paris, with Owen Wilson, Marion Cotillard, and Rachel McAdams? That's a great time travel film and one person actually stays where he/she feels the most belonging.

I did watched it bcs everybody around strongly insisted, but  it was a real torture for me. Guess Woody Allen is just not my guy...I honestly don't "get" his scripts and directing style at all...:(

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

12 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Guess Woody Allen is just not my guy...I honestly don't "get" his scripts and directing style at all...:(

I hear you. This is the only Woody Allen film that I like. Otherwise they're a bit odd for me.

44 minutes ago, partyon said:

Even though personally I do not get the hype regarding Paris. It's just a city of many interesting cities in Europe. So many other wonderful cities here too with equal charm.

Agreed. Lots of amazing cities in Europe. I think Paris is hyped up more because there are so many scenic spots, and so much literature and art coming out of it. Musee D'Orsay is my fave museum in the world :wub:, though I haven't been in a long time. The Louvre - meh.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Agreed. Lots of amazing cities in Europe. I think Paris is hyped up more because there are so many scenic spots, and so much literature and art coming out of it. Musee D'Orsay is my fave museum in the world :wub:, though I haven't been in a long time. The Louvre - meh.

Last time I visited Musée D'Orsay was a few months ago - it is a wonderful museum. :kiss_wink: Agree about Louvre. :joy:

56d25a2e7a954d8481302a8dbfbce9ae.jpg?aut

My favorite art museum in Europe would probably be the Hermitage just because of its sheer size and amount of amazing art work. :glasses: I do love Rijksmuseum (Amsterdam), Prado (Madrid), Van Gogh museum (Amsterdam), Acropolis Museum (Athens), among others as well.

36 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Oh, I should confess, there were times I dreamed about them being a real couple as well :wub:

I think we all hoped to see Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves date IRL :wub:

wsandyb.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

28 minutes ago, partyon said:

My favorite art museum in Europe would probably be the Hermitage just because of its sheer size and amount of amazing art work. :glasses: I do love Rijksmuseum (Amsterdam), Prado (Madrid), Van Gogh museum (Amsterdam), Acropolis Museum (Athens), among others as well.

Nice. I liked the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum as well. And I LOVED the Amsterdam Museum in old town, too - but I went long enough ago that it was still called the Amsterdams Historisch Museum :). Amsterdam is such an awesome city. Lots of fond memories made there and stroopwafels and Speculaas eaten. I keep trying to find gluten-free options for both but to no avail. :tears:

Coming back to the topic at hand (my fault for getting us off! :) ) who is the cardboard in My Love From the Star @partyon chingu?

• Love 2

12 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Coming back to the topic at hand (my fault for getting us off! :) ) who is the cardboard in My Love From the Star @partyon chingu?

What do you mean cardboard, chingu?
Are you asking if there is a cardboard oppa or unnie in My Love From The Star?

Season 2 Ron GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Love 1
  • Blob 1