Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas

confusedheart

Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas (Choose as many as you want)  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Time Travel K-Drama? (Choose as many as you want)

• 365: Repeat the Year
    • Alice
    • Chicago Typewriter
    • Live Up to Your Name / Deserving of the Name
    • Faith
    • Familiar Wife
    • Go Back Couple
    • God's Gift: 14 Days
    • Joseon Survival
    • Kairos
    • Life on Mars
    • My First Love / Longing Heart
    • Manhole
    • Marry Him If You Dare
    • Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
    • Mr. Queen
    • My Only Love Song
    • Nine: Time Travel Nine Times
    • One More Time
    • None of the above/ Anything else? (Please comment)
  2. 2. Which is your favourite Time Travel K-Drama? (Choose as many as you want)

• Operation Proposal
    • Queen & I
    • Queen In-Hyun's Man
    • Reunited Worlds / Into the World Again
    • Rooftop Prince
    • Saimdang, Light's Diary
    • Signal
    • Sisyphus: The Myth
    • Somehow 18
    • Hit The Top / The Best Hit
    • The King: Eternal Monarch
    • The Light In Your Eyes
    • Thousand Years of Love
    • Time Slip Dr. Jin
    • Tomorrow With You
    • Tunnel
    • None of the above / Anything else? (Please comment)
  3. 3. Which is your favourite Semi Time Travel K-Drama? (Choose as many as you want)

• 18 Again
    • Goblin The Lonely And Great God
    • My Love From The Star
    • None of the above / Anything else? (Please comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2022 at 09:45 AM

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

but he does look good every time he appears on screen.. 9 years ago.. and even recently in Bulgasal

Nine: Time Travel Nine Times has the most interesting method of traveling, it's almost like a meditative contemplation, nothing as dramatic as an accident, dying, or being thrown into it without a notice.

(Enoshima Prism has also similar, soothingly nice way, but it's a Japanese movie, so...)h. Te nature of time traveling here kind of make the changes and the effect somewhat stronger. 

There are so many methods to toss someone in to the past or the future out there...

It think the type that I haven't seen explored in dramas this far was coexisting consciousness between the past and the future incarnations, which is hard to grasp, but weirdly making most sense (out of all those mind-not-body variations).

Do you have a favorite methods of time traveling?

Edit: 

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

By the way, do we have any upcoming dramas in time travel genre?

Actually airing is Again My Life, if you want to give a shot to the drama with a cool oppa (and a webtoon adaptation)

:coolshades:

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Blob 4

For me, I really love historical time travel because I love history - so anything going back to 1800’s or older is like great - until the plot or the writing is terrible lol. So for a modern person to adjust and live in the past is an interesting concept. This is one of my fav trope - Bu Bu Jing Xin or Scarlet Heart Chinese version did this well. The Kdrama version was also good. Ohhhh also I forgot to vote for ———Live Up to Your Name (sorry was out of it when voting lol) because that drama had both leads time traveling back and forth; it was different and I also enjoyed it for the medical knowledge and focus etc. 

Having said that, I also like really really good time travel to solve mysteries too a la Signal and now watching the new Lee Joon Gi’s time travel for justice lol. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

The Best Hit - The plot was a little weird but I like the cast   :D

Chingu, it started out so well.... But then the writer went off the rails and just ruined it:crybaby:

We had Yoon Shi Yoon pseudo oppa playing a kpop star from the 90s who ends up traveling to the future. Only to meet his adult son he didn't know existed. And in the end....

SPOILER - The Best Hit ending

Spoiler

....STEALS his son's girlfriend. :unamused: Oops

Dad of the year!:unamused::unamused::unamused:

Gold Medal Good Job GIF by StickerGiant

Yoon Shi Yoon as a kpop star:

Fun fact: In a knetz vote some years ago, Yoon Shi Yoon was one of the few k-actors who was voted to have an "idol look" and who would have slayed as an idol IRL. :glasses:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/11/netizens-debate-whether-or-not-they-would-stan-if-actor-yoon-si-yoon-had-debuted-as-an-idol

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 6

The King: Eternal Monarch and Faith were very cool, each in their own way))). 

Scarlet Heart is and always will be my favorite Kdrama)). But I'm not sure if it pays much attention to the time-travel fact, just in terms of some FL's "modern"  skills and that she returns to present time after dying in Goryeo. And we'll forever wonder if Prince Wang So found a way to travel to present time :).

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 5

Faith, which made me actually go to a fan meet to see LMH who came to my country and Queen In Hyun's Man! Because of the latter, I got to know Yoo In Na and was heartbroken when she broke up with the ML while he was still in military service :cries:  Kim Boong Do must have been one of the smartest time travelest...great foresight and very philosophical. And my gawd their kiss scenes were hot (including the one that never got shown, the alternative ending but found its way into YT (I was half embarrassed to watch it).

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

Thank you for tagging :selfie2:

time travel is not my favorite genre although it feels like second chance. Like you have a chance to go back in time and fixed your mistakes. But I don’t like going back thing. 

OK my fav drama for this thing only 2. Faith and Rooftop prince.

I don’t know if my love from the star is a time travel drama. I think it’s alien drama. But I love handsome alien :bashful:

oh ya Goblin is my favorite too!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 5

8 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

maybe the idea of time travel itself.

Chingu, which ones do you enjoy the most? Going back into the past or into the future? I find going back into the past fascinating. I am not sure I want to go into the future. The uncertainity of things is kind of scary. :unsure:

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

if you hated the person the first time around and wanted a divorce, why would it be better the second time around? (shrug)

That takes care of Go Back Couple and Familiar Wife. I enjoyed them. It is reinforcing that they were meant to be in spite of all odss/ time wraps. :D 

8 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Faith was cute due to Lee MH.

Yeah, he makes everything magical. :wub: Are you watching Pachinko? 

7 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Tomorrow with You

Are you referring to the Taiwanese drama? I disliked the FL a lot. She acted like a spoilt brat! Entitled! I have not watched the S.K one. Heard the T-drama is better. What do you think? 

7 hours ago, willenette said:

I love “The King : Eternal Monarch”.

I have not watched it but I find LMH so hot! 

7 hours ago, willenette said:

We can’t live in the past. We have to live in the here and now. We have to appreciate what we have, no matter how little it might seem. If you focus on your problems, you’ll get more problems. In turn, you won’t think about trying to go back in time and do things differently. I wouldn’t go back in time to change things. M y failures and mistakes were a product of my own doing. I created the problems. 

You words are so inspiring. But I wouldn't mind doing things differently, if that would mean I get a second chance with people I have lost on the way. 

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

The King: Eternal Monarch - When the helicopters and police with guns all arrive first, but you have to wait for the fog machines and the king to arrive ... on horseback ... swinging a sword :rolleyes: 

Now, I don't understand this tongue in cheek comment of yours. Not sure if you are laughing and ridiculing the handsome oppa's arrival or you are 'awed' by it. But knowing whatever little I do of you, it is most probably the later. BTW, I thought you'd be  writing eulogies in praise of Alice. Yours and @sleepy owl's favourite drama that the two of you can't stop talking about. :D

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Goblin (I had issues with the main couple

Age? 

6 hours ago, partyon said:

8) The King: Eternal Monarch - the plot with too many plot holes - not even sure if there was a plot? :unamused:

There was a handsome oppa. :wub:

6 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Knowing what will happen certainly would alter the path, and in consequence probably change something in different area o my life that I wasn't aware at the moment, or didn't yet happen in the future that I'd see (hope it makes sense). 

But chingu, if we can change our past, we can change our future too. Our future is a result of our past. Our past affects our future. , not to mention present too.

6 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

OPPA I'M HERE TO SUPPORT YOU!!! 

Are you turning into one oppa fan like  @agenth and @gm4queen? Their love for their oppas never wavers! I am glad I have @Ameera Ali to give me company while we hunt for the next oppa to add to our list. ;) 

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

**I remember him more than the leads , that say a lot on drama lol 

What no abs in the drama?:scream:

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

The King : Eternal Monarch as my favorite. You passed the test, Lee Min Ho oppa!

Are you watching Pachinko?

4 hours ago, partyon said:

I cried while watching the trailer for The Sound of Magic this morning. :bawling:

Chingu, I am already in your bad books because of Suga comment , but umm your oppa looks like a ummm 

Johnny Depp on a tight budget and the whole trailer gives me the deja vu of watching Charlie and the Chocolate factory K- style. :crazy:

Spoiler

PART 2 of response coming soon. :D

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

22 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

But chingu, if we can change our past, we can change our future too. Our future is a result of our past. Our past affects our future. , not to mention present too.

Our past shapes our present, our present affects our future. The present is a tinny glimpse between both of them. 

Changing the past would start a chain of events (even not directly related to us), that would change many lives, not only ours. And there is no say that our version of certain 'fixes' is the ideal one, and there won't any necessity of changing it again, and again, and again. This way life would be... would there be any future to shape, if we stick in one moment of time, constantly going back to give it a form we'd envisioned at the point of regret or sadness, or loneliness? 

(I think that answer get complicated path with too many 'if'...). 

And there is also a chance that if we change the past we lead ourself to earlier death, and the time travel in the first place (in some theories) might not be even an option). 

I like exploring these 'what ifs', but it's a headache in disguise.

:wut:

22 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

But I wouldn't mind doing things differently, if that would mean I get a second chance with people I have lost on the way. 

Hm, there is some truth here. Yet, let assume the people we love are in our lives anymore (for various reasons). We tend to get the ideal version of them (positive ot negative) and the reality differ many times from the real one ('never met you idol' thing). Also, would we be a person they like, taken care of, are attached to? Would they like the sudden, unexpected change? Should they? 

(It's an exercise for a brain, certainly.)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, confusedheart said:

There was a handsome oppa. :wub:

:happydance: 

Ohhh, way too handsome apparently :wub:

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Faith, which made me actually go to a fan meet to see LMH who came to my country

OMG, lucky you:w00t:.

Before the pandemic I used to travel to China once a year at least, and was seriously thinking about trying to attend a fan meeting ... with anyone actually, any star,  big or small will count:D. I've never been at such meetings and thought it would be fun to have such an experience). Ehhhh, sadly Covid19 had other plans for all of us...

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Blob 4

Talking about time travel, I am sorry that I just can't help but must bring up this evergreen classic romantic old movie (1980) - "Somewhere in time" (Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve)...I totally fell in love for this couple and the OST and the place they shot the movie in Grand Hotel (Mackinac Island), I even visited that place in US back then.

spacer.png

spacer.png

For Kdrama, I don't remember many, but the below listed that I watched are the good ones:

1. Tunnel

2. Signal

3. Go Back Couple

4. Kairo

5. 365 - repeat the year

The next event voting should be which are the best comedy kdrama? , or which Kdrama are the best from the remakes? :D

Edited by lebeaucouple
I have added two more kdrama : Kairo and 365 - Repeat the year
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

Chingu, I am already in your bad books because of Suga comment , but umm your oppa looks like a ummm 

Johnny Depp on a tight budget and the whole trailer gives me the deja vu of watching Charlie and the Chocolate factory K- style. :crazy:

your comment:

graphics explosions GIF

/world has ended but my body still points to my signature because the beautiful magic is GOING TO BE ON AIR IN MAY.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Johnny Depp on a tight budget

SERIOUSLY? :rage:

@agenth Let's get her!

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

50 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

The next event voting should be which are the best comedy kdrama? , or which Kdrama are the best from the remakes? :D

Thanks for the suggestions, chingu! :dorakiss:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

My Absolute Favorites:

Queen In Hyun's Man

My Love from the Star

Would likely be one of my favs if I watched it:

The King: Eternal Monarch

Also, please tell me I'm just seeing things... someone talking down abut JCW... no, no, no... that will not do.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

17 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

Also, please tell me I'm just seeing things... someone talking down abut JCW... no, no, no... that will not do.

Yes, join our pact, chingu! Granted, JCW oppa has awful hair in Sound of Magic, but calling him Johnny Depp on a tight budget? :scream:

@confusedheart

youre dead courteney cox GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Now, I don't understand this tongue in cheek comment of yours. Not sure if you are laughing and ridiculing the handsome oppa's arrival or you are 'awed' by it. But knowing whatever little I do of you, it is most probably the later. BTW, I thought you'd be  writing eulogies in praise of Alice. Yours and @sleepy owl's favourite drama that the two of you can't stop talking about. :D

You know for someone who claims not to understand my "tongue in cheek" comment, you certainly practice it well :lol:

However, to be absolutely clear, my comment has nothing to with LMH's degree of handsomeness, nor his acting abilities - my comment was indeed referring to the absurdity of the situation - our heroine was being run down by a mob of baddies, the helicopters and police arrived first ... the police getting out of their vehicles and taking aim at the baddies ... only to wait and allow the King to arrive :huh: ... yes its dramatic ... but they should've just saved her first (or have the King arrive first)

As for the drama which shall not be mentioned ... I will not be baited. B)

41 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yes, join our pact, chingu! Granted, JCW oppa has awful hair in Sound of Magic, but calling him Johnny Depp on a tight budget?

I don't care how much you like, or how much oppa stock you have in JCW, ... "Johnny Depp on a tight budget" ... is just so good, you have to laugh ...

:loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I don't care how much you like, or how much oppa stock you have in JCW, ... "Johnny Depp on a tight budget" ... is just so good, you have to laugh ...

i'm just going to say that it's the OPPOSITE. JCW owns Depp :D

img.gif

Anyway, I have to say I really enjoyed Faith (a LMH drama). The soundtrack is simply chef's kiss. Dramatic. Iconic. And I loved the story about this warrior encountering this modern woman who just looks so nonsensical to him. 

I enjoy time travelling more if people travel back (or forwards?? though I don't remember such a drama) through time in a period they haven't grown up with, so they are forced to live such oldfashioned lives and have different struggles than modern day. 

I also watch time travel where someone goes back in time in their own life, but it mostly falls flat sooner or later. I have to say I still enjoyed Alice but I wouldn't call it my favourite. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3