Anti-Valentine's Fest

agenth

Love Killed The Drama  

54 members have voted

1. 1. The following dramas should have been without their romance (choose as many as you like)

• Love Feat. Marriage and Divorce - 40s Husband and his StepMum
    • The Devil Judge - Kim Ga On and Yoon Soo Hyun
    • The Last Empress - The Empress and the Emperor
    • What's Wrong with Secretary Kim - Lee YongJoon and Kim Mi So
    • Mirae's Choice / Marry Him If You Dare - Na Mi Rae and Kim Shin OR Park Se Joo
    • Protect the Boss - Cha Ji Heon and Noh Eun Seol
    • Psychopath Diary - Yook Dong Sik and Shim Bo Kyung
    • Oh My Baby - Jang Ha Ri and ... Everyone?
    • Doom At Your Service - Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang
    • Chocolate - Lee Kang and Moon Cha Yeong
    • My Love from the Star - Cheon Song Yi and Do Min Joon
    • Jugglers - Nam Chi Won and Jwa Yoon Yi
    • Goblin - Kim Shin and Ji Eun Tak
    • Naeil's Cantabile - Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il
    • Mine - Young Master and Maid
    • The K2 - Kim Je Ha and Go Anna
    • Sisyphus - Han Tae Sul and Gang Seo Hae
    • My ID is Gangnam Beauty - Kang Mi Rae and Do Kyung Seok
    • Itaewon Class - Park Saeroyi and Jo Yi Seo
    • None of above / Someone else (who?)
  2. 2. The following dramas should have been without their romance (choose as many as you like)

• Hotel Del Luna - Jang Man Wol and Go Chan Sung
    • Memories of the Alhambra - Yoo Jin Woo and Jung Hee Joo
    • Bride of Habaek - Yoon So Ah and Ha Baek
    • Record of Youth - Sa Hye Jun and Ahn Jeong Ha
    • Hwarang - Moo Myung and Kim Ah Ro
    • Warrior Baek Dong Soo - Baek Dong Soo OR Yeo Woon AND Yoo Ji Sun
    • Doctors - Yoo Hye Jung and Hong Ji Hong
    • None of above / Someone else (who?)
    • Teacher Oh Soon Nam (suggested by @maribella)
    • The King Eternal Monarch (suggested by @madmad min)
    • All round wife (suggested by @nohamahamoud2002)
    • I Remember You/Hello, Monster (suggested by @Table122000)
    • Are You Human Too (suggested by @TheQueenReturns)
    • I am Sam (suggested by @flutterby06)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/18/2022 at 02:00 PM

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

some of the romances are so stupid that you are actively hoping they will break up. then you feel old as the reast of the thread really likes the OTP whereas you are like "they are stupid! they are toxic!" so you drop the drama but keep an eye to see how it ends... but alas. even when they shouldn't, they will have an open ending where the two stare at each other and might get together.... 

I remember most of soompiers didn't like Man in a Veil couple lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

@agenth  "Am I human too" is at the top of my list!!! I could not stand the female lead!!! 

Hey y'all. This chick fell in love with the robot!!! Now, I'll level with you 100%, I am as socially conservative as they come in the west and when I tell you that this is the first time I shipped the Non robot male lead and the Robot with his male best friend, I did. That is how horrible she was!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Hey y'all. This chick fell in love with the robot!!! Now, I'll level with you 100%, I am as socially conservative as they come in the west and when I tell you that this is the first time I shipped the Non robot male lead and the Robot with his male best friend, I did. That is how horrible she was!!!

added it now to the poll. sorry i forgot to do it before.

i don't remember much as i dropped this drama. mainly i remember the mother and the son / robot, not the FL. 

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Voted none of the choices, hehehe, but reading your feedbacks why, to ehem, lower the expectations for sweet moments, when I get around to watch these dramas.

did you have other experiences though? 

7 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

WHAT WHAT WHAT?!!!! I just started this drama and here I thought 40's guy was so sweet and cool! So there IS something between him and his swim-buddy stepmom?!

sorry for the spoiler! You can enjoy S2 for the scandal factor and just to see how they produced it. I've never really seen a show like that. My innocent mind ;) 

angel posing GIF by Big Brother Canada

but really the monologues... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 2

51 minutes ago, agenth said:

did you have other experiences though?

I've watched some dramas or movies that the supposed couples shouldn't have been paired together for the lack of chemistry, or there shouldn't be romantic angles at all plot wise. The worse would be to have happy ever after scenes for antagonists, especially if a) it is sheer ridiculousness to even have it, and b) the acting just makes the viewer cringe.

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

Hi Everyone. 

I have tried only vote for the ones I saw and didn't like. I actually didn't watch quite lot of dramas that has been shared in pole. Though some of the introductions did (love and marriage, Oh My Baby, Doom at your service) me to vote but I tried to objective here.

Anyways my absolute votes goes for The Last Empress and K2.

For The Last Empress I think that love killed the essence of the drama. The character development of Oh Sunny was so fine when she was resolute on destroying Royal Family but it was absurd that the drama tried to make her weak when her cheater husband suddenly fell in love with her. Why does it matter whether he loves her or not when he never really thought whatever he did to all those people make him a criminal hence if he should ask Sunny of anything it should be forgiveness not love. Anyways I hated the toxic turn this drama took.

This drama also made me take a mental note to avoid this writer's future dramas. Because I could see she is the type to turn her ruthless villains pitiful character.

And K2.. I think K2 should have been a drama without Romance. If anyone in that drama deserved love and romance it should have been Madam Choi. If it's not her none of them deserved romance. While I was watching K2 I wished Anna was a little girl. Because if she was a little girl it'd have been understandable why Kim Jeha was so adamant on saving her and protect her. Not only there was no character chemistry but also it didn't help the story much when everyone was on board to see how Kim Jeha will help Madama Choi.

No offence to Yoona. I just think it's a poorly written character. I don't see why Anna fell in love with Jeha (it seemed more like the bodyguard girls idea sticking to her childish mind) or why he fall in love with her. 

And you can bet I didn't like the ending.

I also voted for Goblin.. the story was weird over all. I think I left the drama somewhere around episode 8.

I forgot to vote for What's Wrong With Secretary Kim. They ruined their love story when they introduced their childhood story. And also I didn't like how Kim Miso left her job to find herself anew but ended up choosing to be a more successful and qualified secretary after she found herself in love with her boss. I mean what kind of love is that.

And in 2nd Part of the pole. I would like to nominate a old drama 'I am Sam.'

Spoiler

I am Sam is a drama that could have done better without the loveline between the student and teacher. It's not that I'm entirely against student teacher loveline. It's only this particular drama could have been better without that. It could have been just a story between a troublesome student and naive teacher who ends up being friends, helping each other.

And it's good to see The Last Empress and K2 has many votes. :P

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

I didnt expect such a poll for Valentine's Day...but I like it...  :D

@agenth..    :approves:

Love Feat. Marriage and Divorce

their scenes were weird but I like the chemistry between these actors...  :sweatingbullets:

3wTUu7Q.gif

The K2...    the chemistry between JCW and Yuna was so strong..    :D

Jeha & Choi yoojin Still fr ep2 the k2 song yoonah & JCW | Rambut           2ff848f21b3ebfd5f18817709c623877.gif

• Love 1
  • Blob 4

8 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

No offence to Yoona. I just think it's a poorly written character. I don't see why she fall in love with him (it seemed more like the bodyguard girls idea sticking to her childish mind) or why he fall in love with her. 

And you can bet I didn't like the ending.

I agree with you about The K2. I suppose in the simplest terms you can reason that she fell for him, because he offers her protection and was her first supporter. As for him? I suppose it is because she has light, pale skin (hahaha which has been said to be a lovely attribute for ... certain men). And the fact she portrays innocence. Honestly, though, the writer did no favours, because the obvious sizzling chemistry was ignored. The story would have been much more interesting and complex if there was Jeha/Madam. 

Aaaaaanyway

tumblr_ls60kmmEad1qi18rvo1_400.gifv

I put I am Sam in the Poll now. I was surprised to see a babyfaced Lee Min Ho :D 

8 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Love Feat. Marriage and Divorce

their scenes were weird but I like the chemistry between these actors...  :sweatingbullets:

maybe their scenes saved the drama hahaha. but socially it killed it :D

I couldn't look away from them.... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 3

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

For The Last Empress I think that love killed the essence of the drama.

I still get upset when I think about this drama and what they did to Choi Jin Hyuk. :rage:

Me going over to The Last Empress writer's place:

GIF by Nickelodeon

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, agenth said:

I agree with you about The K2. I suppose in the simplest terms you can reason that she fell for him, because he offers her protection and was her first supporter. As for him? I suppose it is because she has light, pale skin (hahaha which has been said to be a lovely attribute for ... certain men). And the fact she portrays innocence. Honestly, though, the writer did no favours, because the obvious sizzling chemistry was ignored. The story would have been much more interesting and complex if there was Jeha/Madam. 

I could see that much but it wasn't very convincing development thanks to the poor writing of the writer. Like may be the writer should have been give some more though to their storyline other than 'He's cool' and 'She is so sweet I wan to protect her'.. 

You're right it did no help when the other chemistry is sizzling.

3 hours ago, agenth said:

I put I am Sam in the Poll now. I was surprised to see a babyfaced Lee Min Ho :D 

Yes..All of them baby faced. . :) Surprisingly this drama had actors who become stars soon after. Park Min Young, Lee Min Ho, Top(idk but he probably was already a star)..

I must say LMH had more facial expression in this drama than few of the drama he did later but I watched those before I am Sam. It was a comedy drama. I remember enjoying his character there along with few other.. Over all kids in the school were fun to watch.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I still get upset when I think about this drama and what they did to Choi Jin Hyuk. :rage:

Me going over to the writer's place:

I purposefully didn't mention Choi Jin Hyuk because then my bitter rant would never end.. I ranted quite a lot in the drama thread I remember. The trauma I get just thinking about what happened to him and his character Na Wang Shik sidelined just like that as if it didn't started with his revenge story.. I hope this never happens with any actor, actress ever.  It was such an awesome drama but the writer had to ruin the mood of the drama. I will forever be bitter about it. :rage:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I purposefully didn't mention Choi Jin Hyuk because then my bitter rant would never end.. I ranted quite a lot in the drama thread I remember. The trauma I get just thinking about what happened to him and his character Na Wang Shik sidelined just like that as if it didn't started with his revenge story.. I hope this never happens with any actor, actress ever.  It was such an awesome drama but the writer had to ruin the mood of the drama. I will forever be bitter about it. :rage:

You and me! I ranted so much in the drama thread too back when the drama aired. I don't even want to think about that drama anymore because I get so annoyed.

:kicks:

I mean his character got hit, stabbed, shot, drowned, etc. so many times in that drama. Midway I counted the scenes his character got hurt in and posted pics of all those scenes. I had 16 scenes up until that point.

Choi Jin Hyuk even got hurt filming one of those scenes and required 30 stitches to treat the gash of 6-7 cm next to his eye.

And that ending was the thanks he got? Because the writer decided to do fan service instead using a psycho emperor who shouldn't be let out of a psych ward?

:onfirex:

#justiceforchoijinhyuk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

I mean his character got hit, stabbed, shot, drowned, etc. so many times in that drama. Midway I counted the scenes his character got hurt in and posted pics of all those scenes. I had 16 scenes up until that point.

Choi Jin Hyuk even got hurt filming one of those scenes and required 30 stitches to treat the gash of 6-7 cm next to his eye.

Yes..those injury..all for his character getting forgotten overnight. He was so professional about it. I got more angry when the production tried to make it look like it was schedule conflict when people who closely follow the drama can easily see that a schedule conflict isn't really the case. I loved CJH's acting before TLE but he got my respect because of this particular matter.

And that ending was the thanks he got? Because the writer decided to do fan service instead using a psycho emperor who shouldn't be let out of a psych ward?

Writer+director was mental for doing that to the drama. Like it not only messed up Na Wang Shik Character but also Oh Sunny. They had to ruin Wang Shik and Sunny's perfectly developed warm relationship along with the story's main focus- their revenge. I still remember how absurd and cringe I found Emperor trying to be lovey dovey with Sunny.. argh. :rage:

and I didn't watch the last episode because I was so very disturbed.

Edit: Went to visit the thread for finding these perfectly made gif by @Super Gall99.

oAt5VGi.jpg

VxEAx3K.gif

Wow.. So far The Last Empress, K2, Goblin and Itewon Class all are at top with 11 votes (8.15%). :evillaugh:

• LOL 5

Hwarang - Moo Myung and Kim Ah Ro

their romance was a little weird   :unsure:

the second couple...sparkly  :D

tumblr_okx0cxuOCk1s8t96qo3_r1_400.gifv

The Last Empress

I didnt watch the last episodes...   :rolleyes:

:wub:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE_rYTtruLfSXC0B90ovK

Jang-Nara-Choi-Jin-Hyuk.gif

Mine - Young Master and Maid

that was a beautiful love story...  :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuziLSfMV_dZocuL8GZJv

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

The K2

I completely agree with the comments on the K2. I felt as if the FL was brought in just for the sake of the drama having a romance sub-plot. It would do completely well without the romance, and also without her character in the drama as well, since the FL's plot involvement was limited to either the scenes which involved ML falling for her, or she getting rescued by ML every now and then. 

Having the romance between ML and the lady whose body guard he was would have made things interesting, or as I said, I was totally fine with the plot having no romance at all as well. But interestingly JCW's chemistry with Song Yoon A was off the charts when compared to Yoona with whom it didn't really work. 

Mine

While I believe this romance was more for the sake of FL (Kim Seo Hyung's) character development, as she initially disapproves the whole relationship, but then while looking at them is reminded of her own old days, and also tries to contact the lady she was going out with during her younger days. The romance was really bad, and they didn't really write it well as well. You suddenly see the engagement party happening out of nowhere. Also the maid and young master didn't really act well in their scenes. 

On 2/15/2022 at 10:17 AM, flutterby06 said:

I also voted for Goblin.. the story was weird over all. I think I left the drama somewhere around episode 8.

For me what made this plot really weird was the fact that when FL was shown to be Goblin's bride (when he came to know about it), she was a minor and school kid. Of course all the romance and other things happened pretty much later in the drama when she had completed school (I believe), but I think nothing much would hurt if she would be adult from the start. 

I mean it wouldn't really hurt the age gap in the drama would it? Maybe it would change from 900 years to 890 years or so :loolz:

18 hours ago, partyon said:

The plot was super messy (by the looks of the comments), and so seemed the love triangle. I don't even know what they did to Choi Jin Hyuk apart from the fact that they extended the episodes, their schedule conflicted his schedule and they killed him off screen as a result :isannoyed:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 2

On 2/15/2022 at 12:17 PM, flutterby06 said:

I forgot to vote for What's Wrong With Secretary Kim. They ruined their love story when they introduced their childhood story. And also I didn't like how Kim Miso left her job to find herself anew but ended up choosing to be a more successful and qualified secretary after she found herself in love with her boss. I mean what kind of love is that.

Tis is called when the CP and chemistry wins over Logical Plot Point! I did like it for the first 4 episodes, the moment they Kissed it went down the drain....

bart simpson drain GIF

• LOL 4

39 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Tis is called when the CP and chemistry wins over Logical Plot Point! I did like it for the first 4 episodes, the moment they Kissed it went down the drain....

Wait, they had a childhood story? :scream:

I already dropped it after ep 1. :emmm:

• LOL 4

Winter Games Yes GIF by Team USA

Sometimes it seems like everyone is a winner, especially in this category where the romance lacks chemistry for the viewer's pleasure. 

This is how it ended up:

FIRST PLACE of LOVE KILLED THE DRAMA

With 17 votes goes to The K2's Kim Je Ha and Go Anna: 

Viewers did not feel the chemistry between Ji Chang Wook's Bodyguard and Yoona's Child characters. Why? There was just too much possibility between the Bodyguard and his controversial Madam. Youtube Video editors clearly feel the same way, so I leave you with this: 

Joining the podium on First Place, also with 17 votes, are Hotel Del Luna's Jang Man Wol and Go Chan Sung. Their chance meeting unfolding to employee/employer relationship may be fantastical to some, but most feel that one person has eclipsed the male lead:

Finally, Memories of the Alhambra's Yoo Jin Woo and Jung Hee Joo join the other two couples with 17 votes in first place. Viewers feel that Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye were great on their own, but did not have enough scenes to develop their relationship. So, they could have been better off being single and on their own, each having their own series. 

Thanks Soompi chingus for joining us in celebrating Anti-Valentine's Fest! Keep on the lookout for more exciting events to follow. Until then, see you around!

Your Event Organizers

@partyon @confusedheart326 @Sleepy Owl @agenth 

tagging

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @ELFlamingo @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535  @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu   @rita96  @Miadee @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @Minbongyi   @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O   @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen  @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun @extrodinairey   @erfatm @pixie0622

@asiaren   @Alila N  @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @Glam @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c @admonike @Maliah @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr @-JC-   @aimeeyoung  @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang @anjuliet 

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd @SidTheGuy @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @AjummaF4 @sgclear    @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy  @juryia

@kimlees    @lduc  @lollipop2018  @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21  @Vivin Camelia    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess  @kRoNix  @Lusiana  @vajandi  @Zay❤️   @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @Asimina Rodousaki @Azi N  @Banshee Dragon  @Blizzardistkaputt  @bunnycotton143  @Burger Bun  @Carolina Baracaldo  @Che Latifah  @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu  @Claire99  @cpjing8  @Defoto  @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana  @Fummagirl  @greezlybee  @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela  @juni asat  @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  @littleinvisiblenao

@Man-O-Man  @Melo Spear  @mizv  @momosik  @Najwa Fauzay  @Noha Mohamed  @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca  @Priyanka Shinde  @Rabbit_Small  @roli  @rrongrrong  @Sleepy Head  @starveri  @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29

3 hours ago, Mehboob Rehman said:

Why do we celebrate valentine on a specific date when we are surrounding by our love ones through out the year?

I think this was used by companies, taking advantage of an excuse :D, same as Single's Day in China haha. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 6

45 minutes ago, agenth said:

Why? There was just too much possibility between the Bodyguard and his controversial Madam

I need this ship to sail!! I need them to do a drama together and complete what they started!! Anna was completely irrelevant and useless to the plot :joy: and thank heaven for those fanfic guys who gave me hope that Chairwoman and K2 are together in some alternate universe!!:heart: god they were soooooo hot!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1