Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Streaming Dramas (2021) - Poll #2

partyon

Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Streaming Dramas (2021)   

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which daily and/or weekend dramas were your favorite in 2021? (Choose up to 4)

• No Matter What Anyone Says
    • Be My Dream Family
    • Man In a Veil
    • Miss Monte-Cristo
    • Red Shoes
    • Homemade Love Story
    • Revolutionary Sisters
    • My Perfect Life
    • A Good Supper
    • Phoenix 2020
    • Amor Fati
    • None / Something else (what?)
  2. 2. Which c-dramas were your favorite in 2021? (Choose up to 5)

• Word of Honor
    • Rattan
    • The Rebel Princess
    • One and Only
    • Jun Jiu Ling
    • Forever and Ever
    • Rebirth for You
    • The Long Ballad
    • You Are My Hero
    • Novoland: The Pearl Eclipse
    • Miss the Dragon
    • Brilliant Heart Like Jade / The Sword and the Brocade
    • The Imperial Coroner
    • Legend of Fei
    • The Eternal Love 3
    • You Are My Glory
    • Time Flies and You Are Here
    • Ancient Love Poetry
    • Miss Crow With Mr. Lizard
  3. 3. Which streaming dramas (webcasts) were your favorite in 2021? (Choose up to 5)

• Lovestruck in the City
    • How to Be 30
    • So I Married an Anti-Fan
    • Move to Heaven
    • Mad for Each Other
    • The Witch's Diner
    • Kingdom: Ashin of the North
    • Shaman Girl Ga Doo Shim
    • D.P.
    • You Raise Me Up
    • Squid Game
    • My Name
    • Work Later, Drink Now
    • Would You Like a Cup of Coffee?
    • Crime Puzzle
    • Dr. Brain
    • Hellbound
    • One Ordinary Day
    • Silent Sea

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2022 at 07:00 AM

Soompi Forums Awards: The Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Streaming Dramas of 2021 - Poll #2

ZMNLdOp.gif

Chingus, have you already voted for the best k-dramas of 2021? Link to poll

Now it's time to move on to our favorite:

1) Daily/weekend dramas

2) C-dramas

3) Streaming dramas (i.e. dramas that could only be watched on streaming sites)

Only dramas that ended in 2021 are included in the poll. Also, due to technical limitations we could only include the most popular dramas in the poll. We apologize if your favorite drama isn't included.

Don't worry if you didn't watch any dramas in one of the categories. You can always choose "none/something else" as the option for that question. :kiss_wink:

The poll closes on Monday Jan 17th.

Let's vote!

273439852b1d555b3cad6be00e1bbda8.gif

cr. to owner

As always, feel free to leave a comment on this thread. :biubiu:

Thank you to @gm4queenfor the event banner. :heart:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

tagging:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @twinkle_little_star @BlackLotus1025 @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma @Skyline    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @flashyymalditah @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @ELFlamingo @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @k8telyn @lucia704 @The.Lannister @Chibi8535  @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo @Smileforu   @rita96  @Miadee @pretty_JULY @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @widala @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @JJS's Fan-atics @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @Minbongyi   @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @NoonaCaana @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye @BINGO_O   @Firefly @CA C @widala  @JumboQueen  @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun @extrodinairey   @erfatm @pixie0622

@asiaren   @Alila N  @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita @Polka Dot @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins  @musicalflow.    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @Glam @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c @admonike @Maliah @Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr @-JC-   @aimeeyoung  @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang @anjuliet 

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd @SidTheGuy @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @AjummaF4 @sgclear    @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy  @juryia

@kimlees    @lduc  @lollipop2018  @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21  @Vivin Camelia    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess  @kRoNix  @Lusiana  @vajandi  @Zay❤️   @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @Asimina Rodousaki @Azi N  @Banshee Dragon  @Blizzardistkaputt  @bunnycotton143  @Burger Bun  @Carolina Baracaldo  @Che Latifah  @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu  @Claire99  @cpjing8  @Defoto  @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana  @Fummagirl  @greezlybee  @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela  @juni asat  @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  @littleinvisiblenao

@Man-O-Man  @Melo Spear  @mizv  @momosik  @Najwa Fauzay  @Noha Mohamed  @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca  @Priyanka Shinde  @Rabbit_Small  @roli  @rrongrrong  @Sleepy Head  @starveri  @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 5

I actually watched quite a few of the first group and enjoyed posting my humble opinions but  only liked homemade lovestory. That's another one which had two openly being in love with each other. None of that misunderstandings or noble idiocy stuff.

I am watching bits and pieces of Ruiyi in the Palace or something, but that's not last years?

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

Here is my vote in reverse order. Like @Lmangla sweetie I voted for the dramas I completed :glasses:

Regardless if I liked them or not :emmm:

Category 3: Best streaming dramas

Squid Game

You Raise Me Up

Both were pretty good.

I liked You Raise Me up a little more, though, but I am too sad about the fact that they never showed Yoon Shi Yoon oppa's abs and biceps. You could totally tell that they were spectacular when he wore white t-shirts. :love:

But the PD didn't give us a shower scene.

:criesariver:

and

:kicks:

Category 2: Best c-dramas

Unfortunately I didn't watch a c-drama in 2021. But I hope to catch one in 2022. :kiss_wink:

Category 1: Best daily dramas

Man In a Veil

Okay, so I didn't actually watch it, but since I was tagged non-stop on the thread I felt like I was watching it. :joy:

I started watching previews and the incessant screaming of the evil lady kept flooding my IG feed every day.

optimize

The only relief I got was when she lost her voice around ep 78....

And the drama had really bad kissing scenes. I've seen more passion from two dead fish. :unamused:

But the thing that made me stay was Mr. Abs' (aka Kimbap Abs) abs. :lollipop:

hqdefault.jpg

They were seriously fine, and he kept showing us them for no reason.

:cutekitty:

Even KBS seemed to appreciate them because they put up video clips on their official YouTube channel with tags like these.... :joy:

maxresdefault.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

• LOL 9

Move to heaven was a Kdrama I unexpectedly enjoyed very much, same goes for My name.

I watched more Cdramas this year and Novoland Pearl Eclipse and The long ballad really stood out imo. :D 

Other Cdramas I enjoyed were Ancient love poetry, Rattan and Miss the dragon. 

Rearding Miss the dragon. I believe it was Deng Wei's first big role and he impressed many viewers. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the future. 

7 hours ago, maribella said:

I actually watched quite a few of the first group and enjoyed posting my humble opinions but  only liked homemade lovestory. That's another one which had two openly being in love with each other. None of that misunderstandings or noble idiocy stuff.

I am watching bits and pieces of Ruiyi in the Palace or something, but that's not last years?

Ruiyi in the Palace is from 2018 :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

4 hours ago, partyon said:

Even KBS seemed to appreciate them because they put up video clips on their official YouTube channel with tags like these...

LOL. Honestly.

7 hours ago, agenth said:

Anyway, 

That just looks painful to me. :blink::lol:

• LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Yay, I actually completed three released on 2021 Cdramas last year! :D Plus a few more released before 2021.

My record might be better for 2022, as I already finished 2 Cdramas: I am the Years You are the Star, and season 1 of Sword Snow Stride. It's only January, hahaha! By next week I should be able to resume binge watching Ancient Love Poetry. ^_^

There are three not yet released Cdramas I'm looking forward to see this year. 

5 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I believe it was Deng Wei's first big role and he impressed many viewers.

For a newcomer, he is very, very good!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

*** I'm not really into C-dramas unless my K-biases are in it, so it's none for me. I don't really dig long EPs dramas and I find Korean dramas much shorter than chinese…please correct me if I'm wrong here because I’m not sure if this is entirely true. C-dramas aren't as mainstream as K-dramas since there are only few websites in which you can access their dramas with subtitles. I guess C-dramas lack promotions internationally. How many Chinese shows are produced by Netflix and how many they buy? We all know Netflix produces more Korean shows and for me, it is the website a lot of people rely on to watch some dramas/movies nowadays.  :twerk2:

For streaming dramas, I've only watched 2-dramas :7555_attack:

* Lovestruck in the City - this drama is one of a kind. I don't regret watching it because  JCW is one of my biases. Emotions of love here are way too realistic itself. The drama is filmed in a mockumentary format—where the characters are being 'interviewed' by the producer. It's almost like watching a scripted dating show. I've watched this via Netflix.

* One Ordinary Day - this is a series, which will keep you hooked from the first episode. I haven't watched the original but, biased aside love it. KSH has done a terrific job in portraying the right emotions. The way you could clearly see the growth of his character from an innocent man to a man who was ill-treated by the injustice. Hats off to Kim Soo Hyun for yet again proving why he is one of the top actors. He always delivers EVERY SINGLE TIME. He carried a strong performance. Every single episode had at least one or many powerful moments. My only complaint was it moves pretty slow. But, although it's just 8 episodes ... every episode takes your breath away. I'm not into remakes, sequels, part2s but, this one is a perfect remake. I just hope that this can be seen on Netflix, too so, more people can watch it, though.

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

I don't really dig long EPs dramas and I find Korean dramas much shorter than chinese…please correct me if I'm wrong here because I’m not sure if this is entirely true.

Cdramas are generally 30-45min long per episode. There might be more episodes than Kdramas, but there shouldn't be much disparity if it's how much time you've to watch to complete the drama.

• Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

30 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Cdramas are generally 30-45min long per episode. There might be more episodes than Kdramas, but there shouldn't be much disparity if it's how much time you've to watch to complete the drama.

@MayanEcho my pacing is very slow in watching dramas since I only have time to do this every night, only just for 1-hour because the next day i need to be in the office again. The longer time that I usually

watch them is every weekend.     :rubchin:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Only watched 2 C-dramas in the list and I voted for Novoland coz I love to see male leads injured and vomiting blood hahaha

That's nice chingu. :kiss_wink:

<re-reads the text...>

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

Oh WE have CDRAMAS.....Wowza......

Let me recommend then, it covered almost all good ones barring Rebel and The Day of Becoming You.

1. Rattan - ONE of the Best FANSTAsies <Modern involved> made by Cdramas, also you will fall in love with the costumes here.

2. You are My Hero - This was written way before DOTS was , it may look similar but isn't lol. Also MA Sichun is one of the best actors in Asian Entertainment, any good romcom or good drama lovers should like this one.

3.  You are My Glory - It's a Hot chocolate with Marshmallow, tianchong <sweet dramas> and giving you all those love bubbles , this is that show ahahha.

4. The Day of Becoming You - if anyone knows how fanwars and weibo and cbiz essentially works , this is the pun intended take on that +Secret Garden setting but IMO more hillarious as per 2021 sensibilities. Also Steven Zhang is a discovery everyone needs to see lol.

5. REBEL - Spy drama setting in Republic Era, will always keep you on edge of your seat. Not the usual ones but the execution is pretty good.

6 hours ago, willenette said:

C-dramas aren't as mainstream as K-dramas since there are only few websites in which you can access their dramas with subtitles. I guess C-dramas lack promotions internationally. How many Chinese shows are produced by Netflix and how many they buy? We all know Netflix produces more Korean shows and for me, it is the website a lot of people rely on to watch some dramas/movies nowadays

Cdramas have their own International Platform , almost 85% of them are available in Iqiyi/We TV/ Viki and Youtube. Also Netflix does take their rights but later <since Netflix isnt' in CHina , the chinese shows prefer their home platform made accessible entirely to International Viewers at the same time. >

As for Promotion Lacking Internationally, I agree, Kdramas are more versatile whereas Cdramas are either Modern Romcom or Xianxia Wuxia where Men splurt out blood which can be used for donation in 100 hospitals.Cdramas essentially lack good scripts , they work more on tried and tested formulas generally. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, madmad min said:

Let me recommend then, it covered almost all good ones barring Rebel and The Day of Becoming You.

Yeah, unfortunately we could only fit in 19 dramas on this list. @SC2019 and @MayanEcho chingus helped us compile it. :kiss_wink:

@madmad min So may I ask you something? I have watched a few c-dramas (mostly historical ones) and found them quite interesting. One thing that I have noticed (and pardon my lack of knowledge and exposure to c-dramas), is that I haven't found one drama where a conceived child would have been female. Are there ever any female children born in c-dramas?

I would be interested in watching a c-drama of a strong woman from the day she was born. Anything like that available?

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

58 minutes ago, partyon said:

Are there ever any female children born in c-dramas?

Long Ballad's female lead was raised from childhood no different from a boy. ^_^

The other I can think of, though it's fantasy genre, is Eternal Love, wherein the next heir to the throne is the Bai's only granddaughter.

Incidentally, both are played by the same actress. :)

Edit: FL of Miss the Dragon too in her next lives, especially the 3rd life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, partyon said:

So may I ask you something? I have watched a few c-dramas (mostly historical ones) and found them quite interesting. One thing that I have noticed (and pardon my lack of knowledge and exposure to c-dramas), is that I haven't found one drama where a conceived child would have been female. Are there ever any female children born in c-dramas?

Hmm, Historicalish , mostly they are female kids kidnapped and then become strong storylines Lol.

1. Legend of Fuyao <Yang Mi, Ethan>

2. Princess Agents < Zhao Liying, Kevin Lin> ----Pref 2.

3. Arsenal Military Academy < Bailu, Xukai>

4. Long Ballad <Dilireba , Wulei>

5. Rise of Phoenix <NinI, Chen Kun> -----Pref 1.

6. Legend of Fei <Zhao Liying, Wang Yibo>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 3