Soompi Forums Awards: Best K-Dramas (2021) - Poll #1

partyon

Soompi Forums Awards: Best K-Dramas of 2021  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which thriller / suspense / fantasy / mystery dramas were your favorite in 2021? (Choose up to 5)

• Sell Your Haunted House
    • The Veil (Black Sun)
    • Penthouse (seasons 1-3)
    • Taxi Driver
    • Awaken
    • L.U.C.A.: The Beginning
    • High Class
    • Mouse
    • The Road: Tragedy of One
    • Voice 4
    • Happiness
    • Jirisan
    • The Uncanny Counter
    • Chimera
    • Sisyphus: The Myth
    • Reflection of You
    • Beyond Evil
    • Undercover
    • Get Revenge
    • Something else / Didn't watch any dramas of this genre
  2. 2. Which rom-coms / comedies were your favorite in 2021? (choose up to 5)

• Mr. Queen
    • Secret Royal Inspector Joy
    • Police University
    • Hello? It's Me!
    • Royal Secret Agent
    • Dali and Cocky Prince
    • Imitation
    • On the Verge of Insanity
    • Oh My Ladylord
    • One the Woman
    • Doom at Your Service
    • True Beauty
    • My Roommate is a Gumiho
    • Yumi's Cells
    • Vincenzo
    • Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha
    • Monthly Magazine Home
    • Inspector Koo
    • She Would Never Know
  3. 3. Which romances / dramas / melodramas were your favorite in 2021? (choose up to 5)

• Bossam: Steal the Fate
    • Youth of May
    • Racket Boys
    • Lovers of the Red Sky
    • Navillera
    • You Are My Spring
    • River Where the Moon Rises
    • Melancholia
    • Hospital Playlist 2
    • The King's Affection
    • Seen From a Distance, Green Srping
    • Mine
    • The Devil Judge
    • Idol: The Coup
    • Run On
    • Law School
    • Nevertheless
    • Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) (seasons 1-2)
    • Human Disqualification/Lost

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/17/2022 at 07:00 AM

• partyon changed the title to Soompi Forums Awards: Best K-Dramas (2021) - Poll #1

*** There were many K-dramas that kept me glued to my screen last year : And, yes, they are absolutely worth the minimal effort it takes to read subtitles. Below are my faves, although there has been a ton of K-dramas that

came out during this past year.    :rubchin:

* Vincenzo - if you're looking for a good scare. Kudos to Taecyeon for his portrayal of an ambitious law intern who’s not what he seems. SJK is full of charisma in this drama

* LUCA : The Beginning - if you're looking for a good cry

* Voice 4 - if you're looking for a good dose of butterflies in your stomach

* Secret Royal Inspector Joy - if you're looking for a good laugh

* From a Distance, Spring is Green - if you're looking for a silly romantic comedies

* Law School - this drama will truly keep you at the edge of your seat

* The Devil Judge - if you love legal dramas that lean towards the dark and thrilling side, this is a definite must-watch!

* Bossam - Stealing Fate - if you’re looking for something light and easy to watch

*Happiness - if you're looking for a mysterious elements. This is Park Hyung-sik’s first K-drama after completing his mandatory military duty

* Jirisan - if you're looking for a twisting storyline

* Run On - ISW is one of an actors—that you won’t want to miss watching on the screen

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I had a drama slump and barely any of the prime time dramas interested me. so voted for the ones I did watch:

bossam -- super drama! for those looking for couple with maturity and actual communication, check out this drama

barf drama -- this was absurd and often made no sense. it was amusing and I enjoyed it because of the chatter of soompi chingus. thank you for all the popcorn. :P 

Hungry Movie GIF by Angry Birds

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, blackberrypie said:

Where's The Red Sleeve Cuff? How come it's not in the list? :tears::sweatingbullets: that's my alil time #1

The Red Sleeve Cuff ended in January 2022, and thus couldn't be included in this year's poll. (Only dramas that ended between Jan 1st and Dec 31st, 2021 are included). That's why we're also seeing older dramas on this list that premiered in 2020. The Red Sleeve Cuff will be in next year's poll, though.  Promise! :kiss_wink:

@willenette Thanks for comments on your favorite 2021 dramas. How many dramas did you complete in total? :glasses:

@Lmangla I believe you're not the only one who experienced a drama slump last year. :bawling:

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce did indeed provide a lot of fun and sometimes heated discussions. Will you tune into season 3 in 2022? :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, blackberrypie said:

Where's The Red Sleeve Cuff? How come it's not in the list? :tears::sweatingbullets: that's my alil time #1

Chingu, since "Red Sleeve" ended on 1st Jan 2022, we didn't include it in the list as we had decided to have dramas which ended only in 2021 :fullofhearts:

@Lmangla Noona, even though I watched several dramas (counted it with @larus Chingu), but I got to say I went into kdrama slump in the second half of this year with no so good dramas airing. In December, I guess the only drama I was watching was "Red Sleeve", and I don't really remember when was the last time I was watching only one on-going drama. I didn't like that many dramas this year as well, and really hope that next year we will have better dramas :evilelmo:

@willenette Chingu, that is some impressive list out there of the dramas which I believe were among the better dramas of this year (and some were among the best in my opinion) :piggydance:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla I believe you're not the only one who experienced a drama slump last year. :bawling:

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce did indeed provide a lot of fun and sometimes heated discussions. Will you tune into season 3 in 2022? :joy:

I might check out or read the recap/posts of at least the first few episodes. am curious to see how the writer is going to wing it when many of the actors have already bailed. how will she turn it around? it is going to be amusing to see. 

Tell Me GIF by Shania Twain

• LOL 9
  • Awesome 1

Thanks @partyon @Sleepy Owl

Will vote again next year for Red Sleeve :wub:

From the lists above, I have only watched 10.. haha. Quite a dry year for me.. some were good, many I dropped after 1 or 2 eps.. :vicx: hoping for a better 2022. 

Out of all the dramas above, if I were to pick one to recommend, I will pick Racket Boys. Funny, sweet, and meaningful. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Where is Moved to Heaven!??! It needs to be added to the list and it was def one of my top Kdrama last year; also Kingdom Special and the Silent Sea was also good! 

From this list - I’ll just pick top 3: Taxi Driver was my favorite, then King’s Affection, then Hometown Chax3 minus the last several episodes (it ended when OTP started dating in my head lol). 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

There should have been a category of Most disappointing Kdrama of the year lol....Jk

My fav were.

1. Mr Queen - A revelation, I mean there wasn't a single episode which you will skip or FF.

2. Yumi's Cells - Super-Slow but one of the best shows I have seen by the end of it you are Yumi or one of her cells. S2 Come soon!

3. Home Town ChaChaCha- The Healing show as they say one needed.

4. Hospital Playlist S2- I liked S1 better, but this makes me miss Reply Series lol, Any plans for writer nim to make Reply Y2K?Phuleaseee....

5. Lovers of the Red Sky- As much as it led me to pull my hairs out, I still loved watching the show.

Special Prize - True Beauty, thank you for making me laugh at the first love and it's absurdities .Took me back to my teen Years.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

43 minutes ago, Yinye said:

Where is Moved to Heaven!??! It needs to be added to the list and it was def one of my top Kdrama last year; also Kingdom Special and the Silent Sea was also good! 

Chingu, do not despair. :kiss_wink: Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites) will be included in poll #2 which will launch either tomorrow or on Wednesday. You will get to vote for the dramas you mentioned.

I Love You Smile GIF by corgiyolk

33 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Only found one drama in the list worth my vote, Undercover.

Did you watch more than one kdrama though? :kiss_closed:

32 minutes ago, madmad min said:

There should have been a category of Most disappointing Kdrama of the year lol....Jk

Guess what! We may have included that as a question in poll #3 which will launch on Wednesday or Thursday.
:loolz:

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I only watched one Kdrama last year. :sweat_smile:

And which one was that? Did you enjoy it at least? :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Just now, MayanEcho said:

The only one I voted for, hahaha! It's a fantasy costume rom-com, the genres combination that rarely bore me while watching.

Oh that's right! :glasses:

Mr. Queen was pretty awesome and I voted for it as well.

mr-queen-queen.gif

cr. to owner

But I will vote for it in the Worst Endings of 2021 poll too

:loolz:

• LOL 8

Wow, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry, not even one drama I have finished watching from that list. Not even hospital playlist. What was I doing the whole year? I dont know why I still log into soompi everyday when I dont watch any dramas. Sigh

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Just wondering, was Inspector Koo really a Rom-Com / Comedies?  (Asking because I didn't watch till the end since I unsubscribe the streaming service for a moment?)

We had to be a bit flexible with regard to which categories we placed dramas in as we can only fit 19 dramas into a category. Since Inspector Koo also had a comedy tag (and had some pretty funny moments in it that made me laugh out loud), it was placed in Q2. :kiss_wink:

17 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Wow, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry, not even one drama I have finished watching from that list. Not even hospital playlist.

Wait, you didn't finish Hospital Playlist 2? :scream:

Yet you forced me watch it, Ms. Koko!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rage:

:kicks:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1