Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Streaming Dramas (2021) - Poll #2

partyon

Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Streaming Dramas (2021)   

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which daily and/or weekend dramas were your favorite in 2021? (Choose up to 4)

• No Matter What Anyone Says
    • Be My Dream Family
    • Man In a Veil
    • Miss Monte-Cristo
    • Red Shoes
    • Homemade Love Story
    • Revolutionary Sisters
    • My Perfect Life
    • A Good Supper
    • Phoenix 2020
    • Amor Fati
    • None / Something else (what?)
  2. 2. Which c-dramas were your favorite in 2021? (Choose up to 5)

• Word of Honor
    • Rattan
    • The Rebel Princess
    • One and Only
    • Jun Jiu Ling
    • Forever and Ever
    • Rebirth for You
    • The Long Ballad
    • You Are My Hero
    • Novoland: The Pearl Eclipse
    • Miss the Dragon
    • Brilliant Heart Like Jade / The Sword and the Brocade
    • The Imperial Coroner
    • Legend of Fei
    • The Eternal Love 3
    • You Are My Glory
    • Time Flies and You Are Here
    • Ancient Love Poetry
    • Miss Crow With Mr. Lizard
  3. 3. Which streaming dramas (webcasts) were your favorite in 2021? (Choose up to 5)

• Lovestruck in the City
    • How to Be 30
    • So I Married an Anti-Fan
    • Move to Heaven
    • Mad for Each Other
    • The Witch's Diner
    • Kingdom: Ashin of the North
    • Shaman Girl Ga Doo Shim
    • D.P.
    • You Raise Me Up
    • Squid Game
    • My Name
    • Work Later, Drink Now
    • Would You Like a Cup of Coffee?
    • Crime Puzzle
    • Dr. Brain
    • Hellbound
    • One Ordinary Day
    • Silent Sea

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2022 at 07:00 AM

I don't really watch C-dramas--my brain has a terrible time as it keeps trying to turn all of it into Korean. :D (But I did watch one last year--Go Ahead--and it was fantastic.)

Move to Heaven was excellently done, if intense. I kept fighting the urge to say JOHHHHH NAAAAA every time the dad came on screen, though. (He was the king in Dong Yi.) :D

And I know it's fun, not deep, but I just loved The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim. Nam Da Reum is such an excellent actor, I hope he's active forever. I note that the shaman mama upped her reputation by trying to become the apartment rep in Happiness, lol. (She is a great actress, too, as prior to this, I only saw her in very sweet, soft-spoken roles.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I didn't/have never watched a daily drama or a C-drama, so I voted none.  My favorite streaming: MOve to Heaven :heart:, Squid Game and One Ordinary Day.  Did anyone else start to itch whenever the lawyer in One Ordinary Day started scratching?

Celebrate Bbc GIF by CBC

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

23 hours ago, frozentundra said:

(She is a great actress, too, as prior to this, I only saw her in very sweet, soft-spoken roles.)

It's always equally great when we discover great actors. :love: Who is your favorite actor? :kiss_wink:

20 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The only C-drama I liked was  ''Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty''...    

Did you watch many c-dramas last year? Also, why is Lee Joon dancing on the moon?

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Did anyone else start to itch whenever the lawyer in One Ordinary Day started scratching?

Chingu, why was the lawyer scratching?

Was he nervous? Did he have a rash? :scream:

Or maybe he was suffering from an STD? :scream::scream::scream:

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, partyon said:
23 hours ago, frozentundra said:

(She is a great actress, too, as prior to this, I only saw her in very sweet, soft-spoken roles.)

It's always equally great when we discover great actors. :love: Who is your favorite actor? :kiss_wink:

Han Hyo Joo, Lee Jong Suk, Nam Da Reum, plus I also like Kim Mi Kyung, Jung So Min, Lee Bo Young, Ji Sung, Seo In Guk.. Well, there are others, too. : ) I honestly don't care about abs and dimples; I am ALL in for the excellent acting, though. I want to feel like a character is a multi-dimensional, believable person, and I want to FEEL when I watch a story played out on screen. Those first three in particular are really good at that. 

• Awesome 3
  • Blob 1

2021 was a big first becoming hooked on cdramas.  I’ve always preferred Kdramas. Wow I really truly did watch all of these.  Found some new Oppas to drool too

Love Is Sweet (2020)

Intense Love (2020)

Be Yourself (2021

To Fly With You (2021)

My Dear Guardian (2021)

The Sword and The Brocade (2021)

You Are My Hero (2021)

Hello Mr. Gu (2021)

Falling Into Your Smile (2021)

Unforgettable Love (2021)

A River Runs Through It (2021)

Moonlight (2021)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

The polling nailed how I watched c-drama more than k-drama in 2021 :sweatingbullets:

the only one that I chose more than 1 is indeed c-drama and where is Falling Into Your Smile?! that's one of my fave c-drama as well in 2021 kkkkk

other personal choices in c-drama are Sweet Teeth and Our Secret / Secret in the Lattice

I think it's because k-drama leans more towards thriller/suspense that I'm currently so not in the mood for these ones, while c-drama offers so much sweetness type of romance, aka light watch to brighten up the day :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend dramas, c-dramas, streaming dramas 2021

ZMNLdOp.gif

Yay! The poll is closed and we have winners. :yay:

1) Best Daily / Weekend Drama

In this category, KBS weekend drama Homemade Love Story won with 13 votes.

16012517311920_1080.jpg

2) Best C-Drama

This year the favorite c-drama was You Are My Glory with 16 votes.

0747b55164923c1eacab823222719ed6.jpg

3) Best Streaming Drama (Webcast)

Squid Game dominated in this category and won with 37 votes. Thanks to this series, k-dramas got mainstream exposure all over the world. :glasses:

en_sqdgame_main_playground_horizontal_rg

Thank you for participating! :kiss_wink:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

tagging

Spoiler

@-Love Blossom- @2d1n_fan @0ly40  @africandramalover  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey @andy78  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @asiaren  @Asimina Rodousaki  @Ayame  @Azi N  @balletgoddess  @Banshee Dragon  @blackberrypie  @Bleu Winter  @Blizzardistkaputt  @bunnycotton143  @Burger Bun  @Carolina Baracaldo  @CarolynH  @charray  @Che Latifah  @cherry47  @Chesleigh  @Chibi8535  @chickfactor @Chin Yan  @chococarmela  @ChyuuNyuu  @Claire99  @cpjing8  @Defoto  @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011  @Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Emily Bett  @Fata Morgana  @ferily  @flutterby06  @frozentundra  @Fummagirl  @gm4queen  @greezlybee  @grrly  @Gumiho  @Haeun  @Hannahmiriam  @haruhi17   @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @itsmeash @Jessie29 @jewellangela  @joccu  @juni asat  @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @Kdramabae @kdramagrandma  @knkg  @kokodus  @ktcjdrama  @larus  @lebeaucouple  @Leeboyoung0112  @leeminhosny  @LeftCoastOppa  @leo2020  @lexicon  @libra22  @lilian c  @littleinvisiblenao  @Lmangla  @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @madmad min  @Man-O-Man  @MayanEcho  @Melo Spear  @mizv  @momosik  @morningdew  @Najwa Fauzay  @nateko  @Nermeen نرمين  @nina_mitrokhina  @Noha Mohamed  @nohamahamoud2002  @pad-hari  @pauliza @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca  @Prettysup  @Priyanka Shinde  @Rabbit_Small  @rocat  @rocher22  @roli  @rrongrrong  @Rumaizah Muhammed  @sadthe1st  @SC2019  @Shining tiara  @Sky Kang  @Sleepy Head  @starveri  @sugarcream  @Sunset  @Table122000  @Tamakins  @tas82  @TheaN  @TheQueenReturns  @tofumochu  @twinkle_little_star  @u8017  @usadango  @vintage  @whome  @willenette  @Wuzetian  @xylaxyly  @Yinye  @YongZura⁷  @youactlikeicare  @Zehra Dogan  

@SilverDawn  @ChibiLy

@Legslo @Newbie21SG   @nessaness  @Mei Tan  @Helena  @caterpillar59  @maribella  @Maliah  

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2