My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

18 hours ago, confusedheart said:

They Both Die in The End is a Young Adult novel, right? I will buy and read Rich Dad Poor Dad.  I nee to make some money. :kaching1:

@confusedheart  hahaha - so, the meaning of YA is "young adult" - sorry, for my ignorance.  Ye, the category is YA. But, this book is recommended for children starting at age 12, huh?    :kaching3:

• Blob 4

On 8/15/2022 at 11:32 PM, confusedheart said:

I heard Alchemy of Souls has been dragging for the past few weeks. As for Extraordinary Attorney Woo, I just started it and though I love the interesting cases, the FL is annoying and her mannerisms are just not 'natural' enough. But I am continuing with it, in spite of my dislike for the FL.  :eats2:

I am glad that I am not the only one who feels that way. Something about EAW just feels off to me. I have been blaming the pace but maybe it is the FL! I don't know.

On 8/16/2022 at 3:14 AM, rocher22 said:

I finished the Israeli series ''Tehran S2 ''...Glenn Close was excellent...   

How was Tehran S1? I would love some nice recommendations from the Nordic region, Israel and on the Middle East :)

On 8/16/2022 at 1:20 AM, frozentundra said:

Print out some drama scripts and read a little bit aloud every day! You can find some here: https://mymileshinesmile.blogspot.com/2017/06/korean-drama-scripts-transcripts.html

Thank you so much. Monday is the level 1 exam day and the weekend is all about AoS! What in the world will I do!! :D

Today's webtoon is fun! I like romances but I like some of its philosophical takes too. I plan on watching the Japanese version too. 

On 8/16/2022 at 12:05 AM, partyon said:

Omo! I think there are quite a few chingus here who have been studying Korean! :glasses:  @4evrkdrama and @YongZura⁷ chingus come to mind! @agenth and @ferily also speak Korean.

Thank you for lending a helping hand @partyon. @4evrkdrama, @agenth, @ferily and @YongZura⁷ Wow! I wish I can learn enough to read and understand, I will be happy. I just want to learn for reading poems and Manhwas as well as watching dramas without subs.

On 8/17/2022 at 5:10 PM, maribella said:

Has anyone read 'Norwegian Wood' by Murakami?

I want to! I started a Japanese novel: how do you live? as well as the forest of wool and steel.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:28 AM, agenth said:

OMG WATCH BOTH SOUND OF MAGIC AND TELL ME YOUR WISH!!!

no worries, I plan to!

One of my favourite fun dramas was him as a lawyer then after melting drama, I skipped him. I have read annasura and liked it. The art of that one is gorgeous :)

I like hospice stories. I loved Chocolate until episode 14, so yes... in September will pick both. Post-AoS life. Right now I can only think Jang Uk and Mudeok!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

On 8/18/2022 at 9:32 PM, Lmangla said:

try a group class

Chingu, I am a complete failure at any group class. I can't keep up with the pace and I start huffing and puffing. 

Working Out Sit Up GIF by jecamartinez  

I like doing it at my own pace, but then my trainer says I watch more TV than actually do any workout, specially when he sends me to do cardio.  :lol:

23 hours ago, joccu said:

But I have to say that Noomi Rapace was amazing as Lisbeth Salander. 

She was perfect! Stieg Larsson is one of my favourite authors. :love:

23 hours ago, maribella said:

Do you think it makes you a better thinking person? 

Nah, I still seem to do the most foolish things and regret at leisure. :sad1:

23 hours ago, maribella said:

I have just finished watching EAW finale. Nothing disappointing which is good enough. I am going to watch old familiar shows for a while. Not planning to start on new ones.

I am on episode 6. I got distracted by My Lovely Kim Sam Soon. I love this drama. I love re-watching it. FL  really kicks some RickRoll'D here.  The ML deserved it completely for being an absolute jerk. Have you watched it?  @the_sweetroad Add this to your watch list, chingu. You'd love it. :eats:

17 hours ago, rocat said:

Jinja? 

Oh I am obseseed with K skin care. i have never looked back since I discovered it. Love the products. Nah, I don't trust these sales people. I do my own research, aka reviews, especially  some skincare vloggers whom I trust and follow. I love watching the reviews and can't wait to try the products on after they review it. 

Raven Symone Netflix GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

17 hours ago, rocat said:

You could consider Return to Tipasa. :fun:

Thanks for the rec. I will hunt for the book at the library or just order it.:mrgreen:

Confused Wile E Coyote GIF by Looney Tunes

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Yes!  Can I post photos?

They in my mind already look lovely! Is it difficult to take care of birds , chingu? I have a stray cat that we have adopted.  :fullofhearts:

I fel tas though I should like it given that it was a NY Times best seller.  Former US president Obama liked it as well as Caroline Kennedy.  

Omo really? I will give it another try then. :brokenheart: But I am just not 'feeling' it. 

What genres do you usually like to read, chingu?

This was fun EOs.  It's a good way for people from different fandoms to get to know each other.

Happy Thank U GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

11 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Finally the covid restrictions were dropped here (however they seem to be coming back again, hehe), and I was able to make a small "domestic" trip. I'm kind of restricted on where I can travel in summer due to my previous health problems,  it's usually no hot climate contries, no sun, no seaside, maximum body cover and 50+ sun protection. I haven't seen the real sea for about 10 years(.

Oh dear! Do you prefer the mountains then? 

11 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Re the books- before my annual vacation started I specifically bought a couple of books I've planned to read for a long time. Those are two books by Anthony Horovitz-Magpie Murders and Moonflower Murders. I've already finished the first one. What should I say- great stuff for those who are fans of Agatha Christie - kind of stories. 

I got a good deal on The Complete Short Stories of Hercule Poirot today. :issohappy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

59 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

Do you prefer the mountains then

Exactly). Once a year minimum...at least before covid :crazy:. Hope there comes a day everything comes back to normal "as before", so that I will continue the tradition). 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, confusedheart said:

am on episode 6. I got distracted by My Lovely Kim Sam Soon. I love this drama. I love re-watching it. FL  really kicks some RickRoll'D here.  The ML deserved it completely for being an absolute jerk

I tried when it first came out.  While I thought the actress was very elegant, I couldn't get over the way she spoke. It was as if she had a bad face lift and it hurt when she opened her mouth. The usual bickering in their early days was so common at that time. So I gave it up.

I am more tolerant now. I saw her in another show with the guy from Gwangaeto, King and clown etc. I enjoyed it mostly. 

I love rewatching Save the last dance and winter sonata. My early kdramas, so romantic. 

8 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Nah, I still seem to do the most foolish things and regre

That makes two of us but I always blame it on my almost total STEM education.  

14 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

want to! I started a Japanese novel: how do you live? as well as the forest of wool and steel.

No. Norwegian wood is a highly acclaimed book and I though 'hmm really?' and got into arguments with a few people. 
Books are just like fashion, you like it or you don't, right? 

But a book by Mishima, The sailor who fell from grace with the sea had a powerful ending. I still shudder when I think of it.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

23 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

How was Tehran S1? I would love some nice recommendations from the Nordic region, Israel and on the Middle East :)

its an exciting spy story with the unexpected twists. 

Season 2 of Apple TV+'s excellent Tehran series could be on the way

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIX74S5Za3AzDsSMxx1JN

I havent watched many series from these regions...:unsure:

I liked an Israeli movie ''The Lemon tree'' .

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

20 hours ago, confusedheart said:

I am on episode 6. I got distracted by My Lovely Kim Sam Soon. I love this drama. I love re-watching it. FL  really kicks some RickRoll'D here.  The ML deserved it completely for being an absolute jerk. Have you watched it?  @the_sweetroad Add this to your watch list, chingu. You'd love it. 

I'll look out for it! :wub:

Just watched 4 episodes of Tell Me Your Wish/ If You Wish Upon Me yesterday, and I can recommend that to anyone looking for something live to watch. JCW is doing a fantastic job.

Guys, this summer I've totally fallen in love with these two "fluffballs" (as someone else called them):

th?id=OIP.b106FFhcMvyLaH8OXcMG6wHaFY%26p

(Strong Girl Do Bong Soon)

Has anyone here seen Soundtrack #1? Our Disney+ doesn't have it, but that might be the next Park Hyung Sik show on the watchlist.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Thank you all for participating  in the Summer edition of  'My Corner of Soompi'. It was lovely catching up with all and discovering some interesting books to read. Will keep us warm and cozy during the cold winter nights. :fullofhearts:

Pin on Books I want to read | Books for teens, Inspirational books, Book  club books

We will be back again with another interesting event. Do look forward to them.  :coolshades:

Goodbye Summer! - Events - HouseOfMemoriesRP

Re: Your EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

Tagging our lovely chingus who shared a slice of their life with us on the thread.:biubiu:

You Guys Are The Best GIFs | Tenor

@frozentundra @gm4queen @Prettysup @maribella @MayanEcho @joccu @nohamahamoud2002 @Dramafreak @rocher22  @Tamakins @SleepyKitty @CarolynH @kwayteow_mama @lebeaucouple @willenette @lilyphenix @rocat @Lmangla @madmad min @chickfactor @the_sweetroad @angela0612 @Gumiho @leo2020

• Like 6
  • Love 9
  • Thanks 2