My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

18 hours ago, confusedheart said:

They Both Die in The End is a Young Adult novel, right? I will buy and read Rich Dad Poor Dad.  I nee to make some money. :kaching1:

@confusedheart  hahaha - so, the meaning of YA is "young adult" - sorry, for my ignorance.  Ye, the category is YA. But, this book is recommended for children starting at age 12, huh?    :kaching3:

• Blob 5

On 8/15/2022 at 11:32 PM, confusedheart said:

I heard Alchemy of Souls has been dragging for the past few weeks. As for Extraordinary Attorney Woo, I just started it and though I love the interesting cases, the FL is annoying and her mannerisms are just not 'natural' enough. But I am continuing with it, in spite of my dislike for the FL.  :eats2:

I am glad that I am not the only one who feels that way. Something about EAW just feels off to me. I have been blaming the pace but maybe it is the FL! I don't know.

On 8/16/2022 at 3:14 AM, rocher22 said:

I finished the Israeli series ''Tehran S2 ''...Glenn Close was excellent...   

How was Tehran S1? I would love some nice recommendations from the Nordic region, Israel and on the Middle East :)

On 8/16/2022 at 1:20 AM, frozentundra said:

Print out some drama scripts and read a little bit aloud every day! You can find some here: https://mymileshinesmile.blogspot.com/2017/06/korean-drama-scripts-transcripts.html

Thank you so much. Monday is the level 1 exam day and the weekend is all about AoS! What in the world will I do!! :D

Today's webtoon is fun! I like romances but I like some of its philosophical takes too. I plan on watching the Japanese version too. 

On 8/16/2022 at 12:05 AM, partyon said:

Omo! I think there are quite a few chingus here who have been studying Korean! :glasses:  @4evrkdrama and @YongZura⁷ chingus come to mind! @agenth and @ferily also speak Korean.

Thank you for lending a helping hand @partyon. @4evrkdrama, @agenth, @ferily and @YongZura⁷ Wow! I wish I can learn enough to read and understand, I will be happy. I just want to learn for reading poems and Manhwas as well as watching dramas without subs.

On 8/17/2022 at 5:10 PM, maribella said:

Has anyone read 'Norwegian Wood' by Murakami?

I want to! I started a Japanese novel: how do you live? as well as the forest of wool and steel.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:28 AM, agenth said:

OMG WATCH BOTH SOUND OF MAGIC AND TELL ME YOUR WISH!!!

no worries, I plan to!

One of my favourite fun dramas was him as a lawyer then after melting drama, I skipped him. I have read annasura and liked it. The art of that one is gorgeous :)

I like hospice stories. I loved Chocolate until episode 14, so yes... in September will pick both. Post-AoS life. Right now I can only think Jang Uk and Mudeok!

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

On 8/18/2022 at 9:32 PM, Lmangla said:

try a group class

Chingu, I am a complete failure at any group class. I can't keep up with the pace and I start huffing and puffing. 

Working Out Sit Up GIF by jecamartinez  

I like doing it at my own pace, but then my trainer says I watch more TV than actually do any workout, specially when he sends me to do cardio.  :lol:

23 hours ago, joccu said:

But I have to say that Noomi Rapace was amazing as Lisbeth Salander. 

She was perfect! Stieg Larsson is one of my favourite authors. :love:

23 hours ago, maribella said:

Do you think it makes you a better thinking person? 

Nah, I still seem to do the most foolish things and regret at leisure. :sad1:

23 hours ago, maribella said:

I have just finished watching EAW finale. Nothing disappointing which is good enough. I am going to watch old familiar shows for a while. Not planning to start on new ones.

I am on episode 6. I got distracted by My Lovely Kim Sam Soon. I love this drama. I love re-watching it. FL  really kicks some RickRoll'D here.  The ML deserved it completely for being an absolute jerk. Have you watched it?  @the_sweetroad Add this to your watch list, chingu. You'd love it. :eats:

17 hours ago, rocat said:

Jinja? 

Oh I am obseseed with K skin care. i have never looked back since I discovered it. Love the products. Nah, I don't trust these sales people. I do my own research, aka reviews, especially  some skincare vloggers whom I trust and follow. I love watching the reviews and can't wait to try the products on after they review it. 

Raven Symone Netflix GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

17 hours ago, rocat said:

You could consider Return to Tipasa. :fun:

Thanks for the rec. I will hunt for the book at the library or just order it.:mrgreen:

Confused Wile E Coyote GIF by Looney Tunes

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Yes!  Can I post photos?

They in my mind already look lovely! Is it difficult to take care of birds , chingu? I have a stray cat that we have adopted.  :fullofhearts:

I fel tas though I should like it given that it was a NY Times best seller.  Former US president Obama liked it as well as Caroline Kennedy.  

Omo really? I will give it another try then. :brokenheart: But I am just not 'feeling' it. 

What genres do you usually like to read, chingu?

This was fun EOs.  It's a good way for people from different fandoms to get to know each other.

Happy Thank U GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

11 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Finally the covid restrictions were dropped here (however they seem to be coming back again, hehe), and I was able to make a small "domestic" trip. I'm kind of restricted on where I can travel in summer due to my previous health problems,  it's usually no hot climate contries, no sun, no seaside, maximum body cover and 50+ sun protection. I haven't seen the real sea for about 10 years(.

Oh dear! Do you prefer the mountains then? 

11 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Re the books- before my annual vacation started I specifically bought a couple of books I've planned to read for a long time. Those are two books by Anthony Horovitz-Magpie Murders and Moonflower Murders. I've already finished the first one. What should I say- great stuff for those who are fans of Agatha Christie - kind of stories. 

I got a good deal on The Complete Short Stories of Hercule Poirot today. :issohappy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

59 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

Do you prefer the mountains then

Exactly). Once a year minimum...at least before covid :crazy:. Hope there comes a day everything comes back to normal "as before", so that I will continue the tradition). 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, confusedheart said:

am on episode 6. I got distracted by My Lovely Kim Sam Soon. I love this drama. I love re-watching it. FL  really kicks some RickRoll'D here.  The ML deserved it completely for being an absolute jerk

I tried when it first came out.  While I thought the actress was very elegant, I couldn't get over the way she spoke. It was as if she had a bad face lift and it hurt when she opened her mouth. The usual bickering in their early days was so common at that time. So I gave it up.

I am more tolerant now. I saw her in another show with the guy from Gwangaeto, King and clown etc. I enjoyed it mostly. 

I love rewatching Save the last dance and winter sonata. My early kdramas, so romantic. 

8 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Nah, I still seem to do the most foolish things and regre

That makes two of us but I always blame it on my almost total STEM education.  

14 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

want to! I started a Japanese novel: how do you live? as well as the forest of wool and steel.

No. Norwegian wood is a highly acclaimed book and I though 'hmm really?' and got into arguments with a few people. 
Books are just like fashion, you like it or you don't, right? 

But a book by Mishima, The sailor who fell from grace with the sea had a powerful ending. I still shudder when I think of it.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

23 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

How was Tehran S1? I would love some nice recommendations from the Nordic region, Israel and on the Middle East :)

its an exciting spy story with the unexpected twists. 

Season 2 of Apple TV+'s excellent Tehran series could be on the way

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIX74S5Za3AzDsSMxx1JN

I havent watched many series from these regions...:unsure:

I liked an Israeli movie ''The Lemon tree'' .

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2

20 hours ago, confusedheart said:

I am on episode 6. I got distracted by My Lovely Kim Sam Soon. I love this drama. I love re-watching it. FL  really kicks some RickRoll'D here.  The ML deserved it completely for being an absolute jerk. Have you watched it?  @the_sweetroad Add this to your watch list, chingu. You'd love it. 

I'll look out for it! :wub:

Just watched 4 episodes of Tell Me Your Wish/ If You Wish Upon Me yesterday, and I can recommend that to anyone looking for something live to watch. JCW is doing a fantastic job.

Guys, this summer I've totally fallen in love with these two "fluffballs" (as someone else called them):

th?id=OIP.b106FFhcMvyLaH8OXcMG6wHaFY%26p

(Strong Girl Do Bong Soon)

Has anyone here seen Soundtrack #1? Our Disney+ doesn't have it, but that might be the next Park Hyung Sik show on the watchlist.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Thank you all for participating  in the Summer edition of  'My Corner of Soompi'. It was lovely catching up with all and discovering some interesting books to read. Will keep us warm and cozy during the cold winter nights. :fullofhearts:

Pin on Books I want to read | Books for teens, Inspirational books, Book  club books

We will be back again with another interesting event. Do look forward to them.  :coolshades:

Goodbye Summer! - Events - HouseOfMemoriesRP

Re: Your EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

Tagging our lovely chingus who shared a slice of their life with us on the thread.:biubiu:

You Guys Are The Best GIFs | Tenor

@frozentundra @gm4queen @Prettysup @maribella @MayanEcho @joccu @nohamahamoud2002 @Dramafreak @rocher22  @Tamakins @SleepyKitty @CarolynH @kwayteow_mama @lebeaucouple @willenette @lilyphenix @rocat @Lmangla @madmad min @chickfactor @the_sweetroad @angela0612 @Gumiho @leo2020

• Like 9
  • Love 10
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...

My Corner of Soompi 

INTRO 

Annyeonghaseyo everyone!:waves:

It's going to be March soon! The first quarter of the year is over already! :scream: Time certainly flies. 

What has been keeping you busy, chingus- work, studies, exams, anything else ? Any plans for summer? 

Oh most importantly, how many of you have broken your new year's resolutions already? Anything you are looking forward to - new K-dramas, concerts, movies or any special day in your life? Suga from BTS is doing a world tour. Did you book your tickets yet? 

MY CORNER

As for a new year's resolution, I tried something doable. Maintaining a journal / a gratitude diary, but after 10 days, I dropped it. :headbang:How do you keep yourself motivated? I am trying to read more books this year than last, and Goodreads Reasing Challenge is definitely something I intend to win this year. :glasses:

I am looking forward to a short trip this summer. I almost dead due to work pressure. :dead:So, I think I have earned a break.:piggydance:So, it's an off-beat, non- touristy place with lots of greenery around- mountains, rivers and lush green forests. Silence and tranquility. 

What kind of places do you like to visit? Touristy places or places less travelled, still undiscovered by the crowd of tourists?  

I have a few dramas lined up that I want to binge watch, as soon as I get some time from work. Anyone has such work schedules? Argh! :rage: But I am going to binge watch The Glory on 10th March. @partyon has suggested Love to Hate You. Said it was right up my alley so, that's another one I want to watch. :eats2:What dramas have you enjoyed till now? 

Well, if life has not been treating you well, don't worry. We got something for you to sweeten it up.  Pancakes!:issohappy:Because.....

Premium Vector | Cute happy funny pancakes. isolated cartoon character hand  drawn style illustration. life is better with pancakes card

Spoiler

So, what are some of your favourite pancake toppings?

Or are you the  ......

357 When Life Gives You Lemons Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images  - iStock | Lemons lemonade

It is International Pancake Day is on Tue February, 21st. Please do vote in our super fun poll and share your thoughts! :coolshades:

YOUR CORNER?

So how has life been in your corner of Soompi?

Do let us know!:heartxoxo:

Your Event Organizers:

@confusedheart  @Sleepy Owl  @partyon @agenth

Tagging our chingus :heart:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali @superspace @000231846597

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID  @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @LovelyBirdAndYoo   @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @The.Lannister @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo   @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye  @Firefly @CA C @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun  @pixie0622

@asiaren   @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche    @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c  @Maliah @-JC-    @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang  

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd  @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho      @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy 

@kimlees    @lduc    @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess   @Lusiana    @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive    @Banshee Dragon   @bunnycotton143    @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu   @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana   @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela    @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  

@Man-O-Man  @mizv   @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca   @Rabbit_Small  @roli    @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59

@omiki @junejungki @lilyphenix @Tuiwgn @Jcanqueen12   

@CupcakeEonni  @Auntie Mame  @Yazusa  @A M A I  @cikqueen   

@K-dramafan22   @SleepyKitty  @marrez1  @suga02pearl  @jannedrumsit  @fieza1871  @deishii  @heartily

@breakmyheart  @kwayteow_mama  @Rollito Deprimavera  @Pinkypoo  @ilovenico @cloud9 

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

15 hours ago, confusedheart said:

I almost dead due to work pressure. :dead:

I have a few dramas lined up that I want to binge watch, as soon as I get some time from work. Anyone has such work schedules? Argh! 

Hi! Totally understand your feelings and frustration:crazy:. I'm also buried under the amount of work. My colleague with whom we share tasks decided she goes on a holiday since her husband has his scheduled holiday and it's the only opportunity for them to spend a holiday together. What shocked me the most is that she simply was allowed to leave... Now, as it was expected, the main block of work for Q1 dropped and I now have work for two to be done by me alone...somehow...won't comment on my management's decision to let her not to mention my colleague's conscience... 

What dramas have you enjoyed till now? 

I was able to watch only 2 Kdramas -Glory and Island. Thankfully they were short and I managed to watch them on my way to/from work. Both 100% "my stuff" to enjoy, waiting for seasons 2). Also watched 3 Cdramas, but it was really hard since they were obviously longer). Just they were all fantasy dramas and fantasy really helps to distract an overloaded mind from the reality around.

Pancakes!

Ohhh, that's one of my favorite food, in a form of crepes:wub: 

Haven't found sour cream on the list, but it's my most beloved topping))). Sugar (yep, I'm a very simple girl:)) works just fine as well). If I'm in the mood I might also eat some with "salty" toppings, like with chicken/beaf, julienne, cheese with ham and so on). 

Spoiler

P.S. Thanks for this funny poll and thanks for sharing your personal situation, I now feel much better emotionally and feeling I'm not alone. Although still not sleeping at 4a.m. which is obviously not fine at all...

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

*** I’m busy completing assignments right now, work stuff. I’m also busy attending to my families who just arrived from US. Despite, I still can bring myself visiting this site and still be here with you all. I just got out from a status meeting, though. Right now, life is pretty routine, most of the time it’s always work - this part of our life can often feel like obligation! Do you think it’s time for me to change my routine?  :weary:

I’m planning to travel domestic & overseas this summer like Australia. I also want to learn and practice YOGA at full stretch when my schedule permits. Australia because I will also be with my childhood best friend to celebrate her birthday. She’s the person who knows me well. My birthday is also this summer and I’m really looking forward to visit an orphanage and spend my time there again. I teach them something they need.

Not every resolution is meant to be kept—some resolutions don't work out because they're not what we actually need to achieve. Some people come up with too many resolutions, which in the end can be overwhelming to try to attain. In reality, expecting this much change in a single year is unrealistic. I made a resolution to stop eating chips and other salty snacks. But, I still eat chips – I only limit it to once per week -hahaha. The more you want self-control, the less likely you are to have it. Although, I always have my Trail Mix beside me. I also walk 3x a week instead of riding in a car. I don’t eat red meat, only chicken, fish & veggies for many years now. I always make time for my hobbies.

It is amazing how quickly our lives can become dull and boring if we do not have something to look forward to. Having something to look forward to feels good. That’s why, I always try out a new restaurant or cook and enjoy my favorite meal or dish.  I’m also looking forward to go to a Spa for a good massage. Simple things but makes me happier. Also, I’m

looking forward to the ff: K-dramas/movies :  :Woah:

Spoiler

Ask the Stars

Queen of Tears

Gyeongseong Creature

Arthdal Chronicles 2

Black Knight

Moving

Hunting Dogs

Unlocked

The Match

The K-dramas that I still enjoy until now & have watched them 2x :

Crash Landing On You / Memories of the Alhambra / Secret Garden

She Was Pretty / What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim

The Last Empress

It's Okay to Not Be Okay / My Love From Another Star

Reborn Rich / Descendants of The Sun

Goblin

Mr. Sunshine / Iris / Our Blues

Ghost Doctor

The Heirs / Boys Over Flowers

Kingdom

I always maintain a simple Journal/Diary. Ever since I always have a habit of recording things, events that were unexpected or surprising. Before I sleep I take a few minutes every day to write in my journal. There are many things to be grateful for, but simply being alive and healthy is often at the top of the list. When you wake up and see the sun shining down on you, it’s a good reminder of all the good things in your life. The food I eat is an important part of my life. That’s why, my mobile phones are full of food photos that I eat. I’m grateful for the food I eat because it provides me with the nutrients I need. I’m grateful that I can choose what to eat based on my own preferences.

I would like to visit those underrated tourist destinations like Budapest, Hungary or Cleveland, Ohio.  I don’t really dig touristy places. These places are suffering from over-tourism, and it makes the experience stressful.

I have a sweet-tooth so, I love pancakes. I remember when my Mom was still alive, she used to prepare us with my younger brother a pancake for breakfast or snacks. We call it hotcake here in my side.  They are heaven in a bite even just a simple and easy pancake with maple syrup. You can’t go wrong by drizzling this sweet and sticky syrup all over those warm cakes! Sigh…..IDK how to make fluffy pancake, though.  I always go out to eat whenever I crave for one. I always order walnut with bananas.  They pair together perfectly!  So, go nuts! We already know that bananas make a wonderful pancake topping. I don’t prefer whipped cream on it, though.

What’s my attitude towards life? Sometimes you just have to breathe & tell yourself it’s okay.  I live by this quote : "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."  :7555_attack:

4 hours ago, maribella said:

I was planning for a trip to Turkey in a few months. Enough said. 

:pensive:
Now just feeling sad.

@maribella  GO, this is a NICE place. Turkish people are incredibly friendly, they love to help. It's just that the United States has issued a travel advisory alert telling people visiting Turkey to exercise extra caution because of terrorism and arbitrary detentions. English is widely spoken in Istanbul. The general Istanbul dress code for tourists and especially women is to cover your legs at least past to your knees, cover your chest and cover any cleavage and cover your stomach.   :blush:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

@willenette I think @maribella chingu is referring to the devastating earthquake that recently hit Turkey? Might not be the best time to visit right now?

Also, I haven’t found there to be any kind of particular dress code in Turkey? Unless you’re going to a religious site, you can wear shorts and tops. Especially in Istanbul.

I am a crêpe kind of gal! :lollipop:

crepes GIF

I love them with all kinds of toppings - but lemon combined with sugar is one of my favorites. Yum!

@leo2020 added sour cream to the poll. :kiss_wink: I’ve not tried it, but I’ve had pancakes with sour cream in the dough when I’ve been traveling in the Baltic countries. Hmmm…Or maybe it was quark cheese?

Think Sesame Street GIF
Very yummy in any case! 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, partyon said:

@willenette I think @maribella chingu is referring to the devastating earthquake that recently hit Turkey? Might not be the best time to visit right now?

Also, I haven’t found there to be any kind of particular dress code in Turkey? Unless you’re going to a religious site, you can wear shorts and tops. Especially in Istanbul.

I am a crepe kind of gal! :lollipop:

crepes GIF

I love them with all kinds of toppings - but lemon and sugar is one of my favorites. Yum!

@partyon  ohhh...........I forgot about the recent earthquake that recently hit Turkey.....sorry. You're right, chingu - not the best time.....Turkey is a predominantly Muslim country and what I meant was - the dress may be more conservative than some other parts of the world - for both men and women. While you won't likely see the locals in tube tops, gangsta pants or short shorts, now, right you are - there is no requirement for anyone to be fully covered for tourist only in  religious stops. I got mixed-up with Turkey & North Korea - hahaha - where the latter often forced to follow strict dress codes.  

:popcornjackson:

I love crepe, too. Love to top it with cheese, fruit and a variety of spreads.   :sweet:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

For me it’s been really busy two months in work. Lot of people have  been sick and getting substitute teachers is really hard after pandemic. Lot of teachers and school faculty have quit or changed job. 

so my life has been hectic. Work and gym. There has not been that much time left to watch dramas.  

Lately been watching barf lakorns with @partyon.   We just finished the most barf drama we have watched in awhile. The husband was the barfiest I have seen in drama. :spitswater:

another dramas I’m watching is taxi driver 2 and one daily(vengeance of bride), the physical 100(ABS right @Ameera Ali ? ) 

Planning on going vacation on summer. Still don’t know where but probably some where in Europe. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

It's difficult to choose, although I voted for the waffles. Belgian waffels with all the extra toppings are irresistible...my faves are the ones with chocolate, berries and whipped cream :dorashakes:

As for my corner, not much going on. I caught a huge cold and have spent the last weeks at home. I have no favourite dramas these days, after Alchemy of Souls 2 nothing catches my attention. I've read a lot lately and I've discovered the "Court of thorns and roses" series which is a lot more romantic and spicy that I thought and it's a super-addictive read. I'm in love with Rhys now :please:

Apart from that, I'm planning for a short trip this spring. Not sure if it will be Córdoba's Courtyard festival or Granada's festival of May Crosses...I'm in the mood for sun, smell of orange blossoms, party in the streets and flamenco music. :fun:

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Blob 2

13 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

secretly telling, i prefer waffles lol

You aren't the only one here , chingu. We can have our own not so secret, secret society. :hooray:

13 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Hi! Totally understand your feelings and frustration:crazy:. I'm also buried under the amount of work. My colleague with whom we share tasks decided she goes on a holiday since her husband has his scheduled holiday and it's the only opportunity for them to spend a holiday together. What shocked me the most is that she simply was allowed to leave... Now, as it was expected, the main block of work for Q1 dropped and I now have work for two to be done by me alone...somehow...won't comment on my management's decision to let her not to mention my colleague's conscience... 

On 2/19/2023 at 3:37 PM, confusedheart said:

Omo I have such colleagues too who have been granted leave in the middle of the year because her husband was going abroad and she wanted to visit that place with her husband. We were in the middle of something important then. :tightdeadline:

13 hours ago, leo2020 said:
Spoiler

P.S. Thanks for this funny poll and thanks for sharing your personal situation, I now feel much better emotionally and feeling I'm not alone. Although still not sleeping at 4a.m. which is obviously not fine at all...

Chingu, I have been having a difficult time at work too. I think we all do. I am sure all our members would vote for yes, if we ever put up a poll on workplace pressure. Let's try to hang in there and do our best. :hwaiting2:

12 hours ago, maribella said:

Now just feeling sad.

It is indeed so heartbreaking. I can't bear to see some of the videos. Praying for the people of Turkey, Phillipines and New Zealand. 

7 hours ago, willenette said:

I always maintain a simple Journal/Diary. Ever since I always have a habit of recording things, events that were unexpected or surprising. Before I sleep I take a few minutes every day to write in my journal. There are many things to be grateful for, but simply being alive and healthy is often at the top of the list. When you wake up and see the sun shining down on you, it’s a good reminder of all the good things in your life. The food I eat is an important part of my life. That’s why, my mobile phones are full of food photos that I eat. I’m grateful for the food I eat because it provides me with the nutrients I need. I’m grateful that I can choose what to eat based on my own preferences.

My grandfather kept one and he was such an inspiration. I want to keep one too but I get bored very soon. I don't have the patience. How do you keep yourself motivated, chingu?

I would like to visit those underrated tourist destinations like Budapest, Hungary or Cleveland, Ohio.  I don’t really dig touristy places. These places are suffering from over-tourism, and it makes the experience stressful.

I too have discovered some lovely undiscovered places and love the tranquility it offers, the pristine beauty, unmarred by over zealous tourists. I hate playing tourists. I like putting my feet up and enjoying my time. Taking my time doing everything, including exploring a place. 

I have a sweet-tooth so, I love pancakes. I remember when my Mom was still alive, she used to prepare us with my younger brother a pancake for breakfast or snacks. We call it hotcake here in my side.  They are heaven in a bite even just a simple and easy pancake with maple syrup. You can’t go wrong by drizzling this sweet and sticky syrup all over those warm cakes! Sigh…..IDK how to make fluffy pancake, though.  I always go out to eat whenever I crave for one. I always order walnut with bananas.  They pair together perfectly!  So, go nuts! We already know that bananas make a wonderful pancake topping. I don’t prefer whipped cream on it, though.

Moms are always such amazing cooks. Yesterday while working on this, I had a sudden craving so since I wasn't in mood for any cooking, I ordered some waffles. It was sooo good! james franco GIF

Sometimes you just have to breathe & tell yourself it’s okay.  I live by this quote : "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."  :7555_attack:

Yes, taking each day as it comes. Baby steps. 

5 hours ago, partyon said:

I am a crêpe kind of gal! :lollipop:

I am a dessert kind of gal. :blush: Give me anything sweet, and I am your slave. 

5 hours ago, partyon said:

@leo2020 added sour cream to the poll. :kiss_wink: I’ve not tried it, but I’ve had pancakes with sour cream in the dough when I’ve been traveling in the Baltic countries. Hmmm…Or maybe it was quark cheese?

@partyon and @leo2020 I strangely cannot eat anything sour or tangy / lemony. I have tried many times in the past, not very successful.  :grimace:

5 hours ago, willenette said:

@partyon  ohhh...........I forgot about the recent earthquake that recently hit Turkey.....sorry. You're right, chingu - not the best time.....Turkey is a predominantly Muslim country and what I meant was - the dress may be more conservative than some other parts of the world - for both men and women. While you won't likely see the locals in tube tops, gangsta pants or short shorts, now, right you are - there is no requirement for anyone to be fully covered for tourist only in  religious stops. I got mixed-up with Turkey & North Korea - hahaha - where the latter often forced to follow strict dress codes.  

Yes, one of my ex's had gone to Turkey and from the photos that I had seen and the conversations I had with him, the people in Turkey seem to be very warm and friendly. Not conservative like in some other countries. 

4 hours ago, joccu said:

For me it’s been really busy two months in work. Lot of people have  been sick and getting substitute teachers is really hard after pandemic. Lot of teachers and school faculty have quit or changed job. 

Aren't we under-staffed like forever? :joy: Chingu, no dramas for me. I am busy with real like dramas at my workplace. :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Belgian waffels with all the extra toppings are irresistible...my faves are the ones with chocolate, berries and whipped cream

Just what I had yesterday while working on this thread. I had it with nutella and icecream.  I was sugar high, after all that sugar. :highonflowers:

As for my corner, not much going on. I caught a huge cold and have spent the last weeks at home. I have no favourite dramas these days, after Alchemy of Souls 2 nothing catches my attention. I've read a lot lately and I've discovered the "Court of thorns and roses" series which is a lot more romantic and spicy that I thought and it's a super-addictive read. I'm in love with Rhys now :please:

Get well soon, chingu. 

ACOTR isn't that a book by Sarah J Maas? I recely bought it and my dying to read it. How is it? Book tok is all about ACOTR. I bought a lot of books too, I blmae the book vloggers. But workplace is a battlefield and I only get to read while travelling. Haven't watched any K-drama yet but watched few series on NF. 

Apart from that, I'm planning for a short trip this spring. Not sure if it will be Córdoba's Courtyard festival or Granada's festival of May Crosses...I'm in the mood for sun, smell of orange blossoms, party in the streets and flamenco music. :fun:

Sounds like fun! Just wha the doctor ordered too since you have been home recuperating. :letsgo:

2 hours ago, *.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* said:

I've gotta say I'd rather peanut butter + condensed milk on waffles over pancakes heheheheheheeh yum yum:elated:

This is something I have not tried yet. Another reason to have some pancakes this Tuesday. :droolz:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1