My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

Hello everyone, seems like forever...

My summer and late summer it looks like everything died outside. It's so hot..Blazing Heat Wave GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I mean the gif really fits how it has been. We have been at 100 F (37 C) and over for like... 50 some odd days. It's insane how hot it has been.

We were supposed to travel to the coast the latter part of July, but my mom wound up in the hospital for about a week and a half then we had to send her to a nursing facilitation so she could be ready to go home. Then after she got home maybe a week later which was last weekend I took my husband to the ER as he wound up with appendicitis.

:sad1: I am so ready to just relax.

I have been able to read a good amount this summer, I have reread the Hunger Game series and now I'm rereading the Mortal Instrument series. I also have started reading The Grand master of Demonic Cultivation, and I am patiently waiting for Heart of the Sun Warrior.. But I have a few months to wait on that one.

My dramas have pretty much consisted of C Dramas, I haven't really found any K Dramas that just catch my attention and that makes me sad, but I am looking forward to Golden Spoon.. I will always support my BTOB so regardless what it is I will watch it for Sung Jae. *_* k-pop GIF

My C-Dramas though are a list... Love Like the Galaxy, Love Between Fairy and Devil, Immortal Samsara, and The Untamed are just a few that I am watching right now. I do have a few others I am planning on after those are done. The Untamed I stopped watching it because I wanted to read the book first but I don't think it's completely translated yet in English.  -sighs-

I also am playing a ps5 game Sword and Fairy together Forever, It's a fun game and I am totally loving it. I am just really hoping for a happy ending though. I am completely invested.

I know there is more, but honestly I think I have  said enough.. :loveu:

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, confusedheart said:

That must have been hectic, chingu. So when was the housewarming party and why weren't we invited? :naughty:

'Cos I didn't have one. :smile: There are still a few boxes to unpack and sort. I went to Starbucks with the few friends who helped me moved. It's rather cheap but all that I could manage. So exhausting. 

5 hours ago, confusedheart said:

started watching this too. Highly recommended by everyone. It also helps that it is a LJS drama. Have you started it ? 

I have not watched him at all. This is not a rhetorical question, is he good? Or that pretty face helps :lol:.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Hi! Tagged here (shoutout to @partyon) and was confused for a bit haha.

My mid year has been a bit hectic because of work and some office politics, and then i got flu. Not covid, but still an inconvenience.

Anyway i managed to marathon Extraordinary Attorney while I'm taking some time off work because of it (also because of Alchemy's hiatus). Frankly, I can't really get behind the hype. I understand and appreciate that the drama has raised some important issues, but i find it just too light and unrealistic. Also the choppy storytelling reminds me a lot of Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, however, sometimes things that works well on literature just doesn't work as well on another format. Still, it's easy to watch, a tad boring towards the end, but still pretty enjoyable.

Next on my watchlist is japanese drama 'Kakenai?!'. Also I really want to watch 'Bakumatsu Aibouden' (Okamu Musai and Eita!), but I can't find it anywhere :cries:

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@confusedheart I've been trying to read more this year.  Lately, I've been reading David Baldacci novels.  In fact, I may go to our library since they are having a used book sale.  Paperbacks are so expensive nowadays.  I don't have a Kindle and don't know that I want one--just more strain on my eyes.  I love mystery, so if you start a book club, I may join.  I also like biographies.  

I have a new pet bird, who, at this writing, is biting my fingers trying to get my attention.  He's a handful.  So far, he's chew up a photo of my Dad and a dollar bill.

Not finding too many kdramas that I'm interested in.  Like many of us, I'm watching Atty Woo.  I don't like that last couple of episodes as much as I did in the beginning.  I'm also watching Better Call Saul.  I'm up to season 3 and I'm getting a little tired of it.  I like Killing Eve a lot;  Jamie Comer definitely deserves an Emmy nod.  I also like Only Murders in the Building, since I like murder mysteries.  

HOw many days until Christmas?  :joy:I'm sure we will see the countdown soon.  I saw Halloween decorations when I went shopping this weekend.  I just want cooler weather.  I love wearing t-shirts and shorts, but I do not like being hot.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Thanks @partyon for the tag :kiss_wink:

Hello hello everyone here!!! Very nice to meet all of you and read your experiences. To be honest I haven't read through everything but thought I just share something quickly :blush:

I didn't know I needed this check in to kind of put things into perspective!

Current status:

Escape to AoS world! Surreptitiously stealing every second I can out of real life to scroll on twitter and forums on any AoS crumbs I could get my hands on. Also trying very very hard to stay focus on real life LOL Forums and twitter are a real lifeline whenever I get into a live watching craze! Last live watching craze: Mr Queen. Maybe I have a thing for soul swapping hijinks

Real life is crazy.. Being the INFP I am, can't help but feel uneasy with the recent geopolitical developments these day. Why can't we try to focus on the similarities than the differences and work together instead of against each other. WORLD PEACE people!!! :hooray2:

On a more mundane level, need to challenge self to get out of a career rut LOL but find motivation wanting..

Recent Book: Pachinko. To be honest, I only read up to the part before Noa became adult. There are quotes that is really inspiring to me and it really reinforces my respect for the grit and perseverance of the older generation and theirs in a generation that are more in touch with the basic reality of life that really put things into perspective for life today.

A quote from the book that speaks to me:

They could not bear to disappoint him; yet they loved him enough not to dote on him. The peasants knew that a spoiled son did more harm to a family than a dead one...

Recent drama that got me hooked: Alchemy of Souls

To be honest it started with real interest in Lee Jae Wook/ Jung So Min/ Minhyun chemistry but these days I find myself just watching with a duty to finish the drama. Not sure if it's just my observation but kdramas often start with a bang only to fizzle out halfway through. In spite of Hong Sister notoriety I'm almost always hooked by the initial character/ relationship set up. As for the ending, I find that I actually prefer artistic angsty end to typical/makjang happy end just for the sake of a happy ending.

Before that I've finished Bad and Crazy. How does Lee Dong Wook keeps getting more and more good looking as he age??? There's one hot kissing scene (in my books) in there though actually the romance is not central to the story. For the benefit of those who have yet to experience it:

Spoiler

11 hours ago, joccu said:

i traveled. Was trekking in Switzerland and then I was exploring Denmark. 

Chingu just wanna say, your life is my dream!!! :please:

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@confusedheart Thanks for the tag and listed up all the upcoming Kdrama.

i agreed with some of you here that there are not many good drama on July/Aug, only a few that I watched and I found the following quite good that worth for watching (currently airing):

1. Extraordinary Attorney Woo (very impressive drama, thumbs up)
  2. Hunted (aka Boar hunting) (only 4 EP - highly recommended thriller-mysterious storyline because it was awarded the best script in MBC station, but not sure which year, :D)
  3. If you wish upon me
  4. Big mouth (if you don't mind with illogical plot)
  5. Doctor Lawyer (just finished airing, if you don't mind with illogical plot)

When you have time, can watch (currently airing) :

1. Adamas
  2. A Model Family
  3. The Good Detective Season 2
  4. Black Bride

Disappointing drama

1. Eve
  2. Insider

I shall wait for any good drama on September if any...

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

*** My summers were divided between work and holiday. Both have been really gratifying for me. Greatest things bring in joy, a rush of adrenaline, lightening up the spirit and also a sense of contentment.

I don’t read often, but I used to love reading before I got into K-dramas. I read anything that catches my attention. As for reading list, I don’t have one., though. I just like books that I feel connected with, while some books are just time pass for me no matter how good or hyped it is. One of the books that I loved is: They Both Die at The End – this is written by American author Adam Silvera and focuses on two teenage boys, Mateo and Rufus, who discover that they only have one day left to live. My favorite genre is self-help. You will never know how it grooms you. You might think it does not help but it will always help you like the novel Rich Dad Poor Dad – this is a must read for everyone.  :cheers:

As an avid K-drama watcher, there are a lot of dramas that I’ve watched more than once. There are factors that play into wanting to watch a whole series more than once. Most of the time, it’s because of two main reasons: the two main leads and their chemistry. I find myself enjoying these dramas just the same the second time around despite already knowing the outcome. I’m a sucker for happy-ending stories. For years I suffered through bad kiss scenes, questionable fashion choices, and frustratingly conservative romances complete with aggressive wrist grabs. but, I always love K-dramas. I’m currently watching “Adamas” and just finished “Insider”, “Doctor Lawyer” & “In the Soop : The Friendcation. I’m looking forward to “Blind” & "Ask the Stars".  I want to watch “Sound of Magic” and “Tell Me Your Wish”... Surely, there are lots of good K-dramas coming soon.  :getmygrooveon:

How’s life been treating me? Here’s my short simple response: “Life has been as promised.  Sometimes I could say, Life has been the way it is.” -  My takeaway here is: There is a fixed pattern to life: it’s full of ups and downs, different days with different strokes. I strictly believed that we make our lives. Good or bad, Fair or unfair, smooth or bumpy, our life will be what our actions and deeds make it. Life is treating me so well, and I'm happy too firstly I'm thankful to God! I don’t have to worry about having enough to eat. Indeed, I have a wide variety of choice. I sleep in a comfortable bed. I live independently. I have no debt. I don't get stuck in moods. Sometimes the ups and downs get a little extreme, but it's always moving, so I don't worry about it too much. I get along well enough with most people. Actually, life has always been kind to me. Sometimes a pause is so much needed to appreciate what we have got! Which makes me realize there are a lot of things to be happy about. I live by this saying - “Every action has equal and opposite reaction”.  Life treats you in the way you lead your life. Accept and embrace the things life teaches you. There is no better teacher than LIFE. Life is good when you put God first in your life. So, what is there not to be thankful and incredibly grateful for? I put my trust in His hands.  :coolshades:

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1

@kwayteow_mama   :issohappy:
Thank you chingu. 

I live in Europe and I never been either of those countries. And bc I have really long summer break(I teach in elementary school and summer breaks here are 2 and half months long) 

@confusedheart  I also got side track on my book challenge. Bought couple of other books as well.  I bought frida kahlo’s book frida and couple of crime novels

• Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

The first half of the year was stressful, so now am watching too many kdrama to bring the stress level down. :ph34r:

Currently watching: Alchemy of the Souls, Big Mouth, Cafe Minamdang (fast forwarding), Good Detective 2, Adamas, Exctraordinary Attorney Woo... 
I run my own business, so set my own hours, but was burnt out in June and decided I needed to slow down a bit. Life is starting to get stressful again.
Book: not reading currently, but translating...

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

I was in a drama slump for almost 2 weeks before I started watching the dramas again. While many have enjoyed this year's dramas, I have hardly enjoyed many. I will have look into the list of dramas to say which ones were really good for me. "Through the Darkness" was surely one of them. 

I dropped "Insider" since I wasn't really liking the writing of that drama, and "Alchemy of Souls" is on an indefinite pause, which well could be considered dropped as long as it does not improve in the next few eps, which I don't really think will be happening. 

I already talked with @partyon Noona about Alchemy of Souls many times, and the fact that this is penned by Hong Sisters itself makes me lower my expectations about it. And then when I heard about this having 2 seasons, I instantly knew that this is not a good idea, and the writing went bad in between as both of us had expected. I have paused it on the 12th ep. 

The dramas that I have been watching are: 

• Cafe Minamdang - The mystery was interesting, and I guessed the ultimate baddie correctly :eats:. We have 3 more eps left, so let's see how it will be ending. The FL did make me consider dropping this drama multiple times though. 

• Extraordinary Lawyer - This is penned by the writer of the movie "Innocent Witness" which involves an autistic school girl. It was a very good movie and I would recommend it to anyone here. I am enjoying this drama, even the previous 2 eps were kinda disappointing for me, I hope they wrap this up well. Park Eun Bin surely knows how to pick a good script, and I will look forward to her next project. 

• Big Mouth - I started this drama with very low expectations, especially knowing that this drama was tossed from one broadcasting station to the other one. But so far, I am loving it. The writing has been good, the viewers are provided some good amount of information each episode, while also making things complex when it comes to Big Mouse's real identity. As long as the writing remains consistent, I think this has the potential to be among the best dramas of this year. 

What worries me is the fact that this drama can still go either ways. I don't wish to say this, but this drama's plot has a lot more similarity with the "Mouse" drama. Hopefully it will not be like that, but still for now, I am still going to keep my expectations in check. 

• Adamas - It has got a straightforward plot, but many things being a mystery there. It will give you "Mine" vibes in case you have watched it. Ji Sung is great as usual, Heo Sung Tae is doing a very interesting and different kind of role this time (at least so far in the drama), and Seo Ji Hye is great too. All these characters have got a very good chemistry together too. Plot wise, let's see how well this goes. It is interesting, but not THAT interesting so far for me.

• Pinocchio - I started re-watching this drama yesterday. I wanted to re-watch this drama for sometime now, and went for it now. 

I plan to watch "Today's webtoon" and "The Good Detective 2" when they end. I will surely watch "If You Wish Upon Me", but not in the mood to watch a rather heavy themed drama like that right now. 

Apart from the dramas, I have not had the chance to read any book. I have to read "Pachinko", that is the reason I skipped the drama, still I have not started it. I am caught up with work in RL, and have started doing some gaming during the weekend :piggydance:

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Thanks for the tag @partyon

i am typing this out with my mobile phone while having my hair cut and intermittently having my head adjusted...sans glasses so…

200.gif

there are no distinct seasons where I live - only hot and not so hot, with or without rain. When not at work, I am usually lounging in shorts, catching up on kdramas and cdramas if not distracted by some sourdough baking schedule I have or fiddling with the coffee machine to make lattes or just pour overs.  I love to cafe hop on Saturdays and usually when the weather permits and/or if I had one too many pieces of Korean fried chicken, I’d throw in a trek/hike. 

I read books like how I watch dramas - a few at a time. I love Preston & Child’s Pendergast series, Deaver’s Lincoln Rhyme ones and YA books with magic in them. So I love Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, and it is also why I am hooked on AoS. Am a bit of a StarWars and Marvel fan too, and hope to go to ComicCon one day. I started the new Preston & Child book a month back (I cannot remember the title now) and am going to start a Deaver one soon. I also like reading Albert Camus but it takes me a long time to finish. :joy:

I spend my vacations travelling - Covid stopped me for awhile but it’s picking up again. I made plans and it’s what is keeping me sane through busy periods at work. Seoul is coming up!

this forum has also kept me coming back - I was not this active before! In the few short weeks I ve joined a thread, I not only met many chingus who never fail to make laugh with their wit and humour but I also learnt the names/faces of FOUR BTS members! 

Happy Dance GIF by Spotify

The ‘summer’ here has been good thus far and should get better with Christmas coming - my fav season!:hooray2:

Edit: I had forgotten to share the dramas I am currently watching…or try to…

KDramas

-AoS

- Extraordinary Attorney

- Joseon Psychiatrist

- Today’s Webtoon 

CDramas

- Love like the Galaxy

- Love b/w the Fairy n Devil

Bored To Death Reaction GIF

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, rocat said:

this forum has also kept me coming back - I was not this active before! In the few short weeks I ve joined a thread, I not only met many chingus who never fail to make laugh with their wit and humour but I also learnt the names/faces of FOUR BTS members! 

We still have 3 more BTS members to learn, chingu!

Pali pali! Before you leave for Seoul.

Excited Lets Go GIF by Mind Pump Media

What if you meet one of the members, and you end up not recognizing them? :scream:

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

• LOL 8
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I have a new pet bird, who, at this writing, is biting my fingers trying to get my attention.  He's a handful.  So far, he's chew up a photo of my Dad and a dollar bill.

kekekke.... I find your bird story and update so cute! :lol:

so what kind of bird is it?

chingus, I have been in a kdrama slump. so watching lot of random stuff -- some local content, documentaries and whatever I end up coming across. am trying to get back to watching kdrama rhythm again. lets see. I need a drama and thread that is all chatty! even soompi forum has been rather quiet lately. 

otherwise, quiet summer. I started exercising again after a gap of 2 years. telling myself before every class - fighting!! and then coming home feeling all bruised and super tired. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Blob 1

My Summer went with a lot of kdramas lol

1. Finished

--->Pachinko --- Just fab show

---->Our Blues ---wanted 20 more episodes it ended too soon

-----> Jinxed at first ----Makhajang with the worst editing lol

-----> My Girl lol and became a fan , why no shows like this anymore also the ost is so good

----->Yumis Cells 2---- This season made my BP go up 3 notches it was so annoying lol #Teamwoong that I sure do know

------>2521 --- Reply94 with 88's nostalgia with Realistic ending lol

Waiting for

---> Aliennoid if it streams somewhere

----> Little Women 

-----> Pachinko S2

------> Yumis Cells 3/Movie if it happens

------> Reply2000 ---writer nIm when lol

------> Arthadal Chronicals 2 ---LJK is the only one who could make me watch that haha

Ongoing

Kill Me Heal Me --- Yes I am late but still

Hotel King --- Rebound from My Girl CP lol

About to finish Extraordinary Woo Young Woo....the first few episodes were fab but the story does not essentially have a plot plot....but has fab characters.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

We still have 3 more BTS members to learn, chingu!

Pali pali! Before you leave for Seoul.

What if you meet one of the members, and you end up not recognizing them? :scream:

army marching GIF

I am pretty sure I can for this will be upon me….

Awkward Season 1 GIF

Then, I’ll know! :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Blob 1

22 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Romance is not the main focus of the drama as it's office based.

I saw a Japanese version of it on Viki. Looking at the pics you posted, it seems, we are getting some romance. 

23 hours ago, joccu said:

the version I have seen is actually more barf that the version

Wow! Is that even posible. Reading  @partyon's recaps and they are taking it to the next level. 

22 hours ago, frozentundra said:

My family is all spread out, so I did some travel to the southern US to see some elderly relatives, and then to a family wedding near Yellowstone (same trip, and no, they are not remotely near each other). Right now I'm in Germany, where I used to live (but unfortunately don't anymore). It's sort of a work/play trip, but I'll take it! Europe is a whole different region, though, and they are behind on everything I am watching (or don't carry what I want to watch in the first place). 

Seems like you had some great fun traipsing across the country. :letsgo:

22 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Not yet. Disney is not airing it in North America, South America, or Europe, which I can. not. understand. They buy up streaming rights to Kdramas and then never show them in most of the world, it's crazy. Especially with a cast like this one! I'm going to have to figure out a solution, but right now I am still traveling and so I need to wait til I get home. I am split between wanting to seek out spoilers, and wanting to plug my ears until I have seen it. This seems like the kind you don't want to be spoiled on, though?

Have the problem. Most of my favourite dramas are not available in my region. :smashes:

22 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Mozart, Chopin, Johann Strauss II, Bach

Wow! So impressive! Am not into classical music at all! It puts me off to sleep. :cries:So I remain an uncouth. 

22 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Starring Anthony Hopkins? I watched it many times, Hopkins is just so good. This is one of my favourite Hopkins movies, I like "The Edge" too

Yes, that one! Wasn't it amazing? Loved it, though initially I had my reservations. 

20 hours ago, rocher22 said:

This late summer is still full of color.

Although it is already noticeable that the trees do not have that rich green color.

However, the mornings are blue and breezy and the nights are mild.

Yesterday the sunset was golden and the other day the sky in the west was almost purple. 

That was so lovely! Are you a painter? You described the colours so well. 

Last I watched a thriller was a Polish drama, In For A Murder. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

5 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

I saw a Japanese version of it on Viki. Looking at the pics you posted, it seems, we are getting some romance. 

Yes chingu! Today's Webtoon is the Korean remake of the Japanese version. Inspired by a manga, Japanese version is said to have no romance. I wonder what would happen in the Korean drama though... Hope the plot won't be spoiled by any office romance. :sweatingbullets: it's all about career development so romance doesn't seem to be necessary at all.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

20 hours ago, Tamakins said:

We were supposed to travel to the coast the latter part of July, but my mom wound up in the hospital for about a week and a half then we had to send her to a nursing facilitation so she could be ready to go home. Then after she got home maybe a week later which was last weekend I took my husband to the ER as he wound up with appendicitis.

Omo! I hope things get better for you, chingu. Please hang in there. 

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

20 hours ago, Tamakins said:

I have reread the Hunger Game series and now I'm rereading the Mortal Instrument series. I also have started reading The Grand master of Demonic Cultivation, and I am patiently waiting for Heart of the Sun Warrior.. But I have a few months to wait on that one.

Done with the Hunger Games and the Mortal Instruments. What kind of books do you enjoy reading, chingu? YA? 

19 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Not really a fan but i don’t mind him. Plus I like the genre and the second ML too. 

Yeah, he certainly looks 'fine'. :coolshades:

19 hours ago, maribella said:

I have not watched him at all. This is not a rhetorical question, is he good? Or that pretty face helps :lol:.

That pretty face certainly helps, and it is  a bonus if these pretty faces can act too. :naughty:

16 hours ago, SleepyKitty said:

Also the choppy storytelling reminds me a lot of Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time,

This is one book I struggled with and I still don't know why there is so much hype surrounding it. 

16 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Lately, I've been reading David Baldacci novels.

Oh yes! Which one is your favourirte book? I have a kindle but I don't enjoy reading on a kindle. I still bend up buying paperbacks and then once I have read them, I don't know what to do with them. 

16 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I'm also watching Better Call Saul.

Try My Cousin Vinny. I think you'd like it. 

15 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Mr Queen. Maybe I have a thing for soul swapping hijinks

That had a very ahem disappointing ending. But then that was to be expected. They won't rock the boat. 

15 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Recent Book: Pachinko. To be honest, I only read up to the part before Noa became adult. There are quotes that is really inspiring to me and it really reinforces my respect for the grit and perseverance of the older generation and theirs in a generation that are more in touch with the basic reality of life that really put things into perspective for life today.

A quote from the book that speaks to me:

They could not bear to disappoint him; yet they loved him enough not to dote on him. The peasants knew that a spoiled son did more harm to a family than a dead one...

Did you enjoy the drama? I liked the book, though just read just the Part 1, I liked the book more. The onscreen representation failed to make an impact, expect the handsome LMH. 

14 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Disappointing drama

1. Eve
  2. Insider

This! I am so annoyed with myself for watching Eve. I started Insider but dropped it halfway.  chingu  @Sleepy Owl completed the drama Insider. What did you think of the ending of the drama 'Eve'?

Did it even make any sense? 

12 hours ago, willenette said:

They Both Die at The End – this is written by American author Adam Silvera and focuses on two teenage boys, Mateo and Rufus, who discover that they only have one day left to live. My favorite genre is self-help. You will never know how it grooms you. You might think it does not help but it will always help you like the novel Rich Dad Poor Dad – this is a must read for everyone.  :cheers:

Heard a lot about both the books but isn't but They Both Die in The End a YA? Is Rich Dad , Poor Dad about how to make money? I need some strategies. 

I’m currently watching “Adamas” and just finished “Insider”, “Doctor Lawyer” & “In the Soop : The Friendcation. I’m looking forward to “Blind” & "Ask the Stars".  I want to watch “Sound of Magic” and “Tell Me Your Wish”... Surely, there are lots of good K-dramas coming soon.  

You have been busy! 

How’s life been treating me? Here’s my short simple response: “Life has been as promised.  Sometimes I could say, Life has been the way it is.” -  My takeaway here is: There is a fixed pattern to life: it’s full of ups and downs, different days with different strokes. I strictly believed that we make our lives. Good or bad, Fair or unfair, smooth or bumpy, our life will be what our actions and deeds make it. Life is treating me so well, and I'm happy too firstly I'm thankful to God! I don’t have to worry about having enough to eat. Indeed, I have a wide variety of choice. I sleep in a comfortable bed. I live independently. I have no debt. I don't get stuck in moods. Sometimes the ups and downs get a little extreme, but it's always moving, so I don't worry about it too much. I get along well enough with most people. Actually, life has always been kind to me. Sometimes a pause is so much needed to appreciate what we have got! Which makes me realize there are a lot of things to be happy about. I live by this saying - “Every action has equal and opposite reaction”.  Life treats you in the way you lead your life. Accept and embrace the things life teaches you. There is no better teacher than LIFE. Life is good when you put God first in your life. So, what is there not to be thankful and incredibly grateful for? I put my trust in His hands.  :coolshades:

That definitely gave me some food for thought. I should learn to be more thankful and grateful for all that I am blessed with 

11 hours ago, joccu said:

@confusedheart  I also got side track on my book challenge. Bought couple of other books as well.  I bought frida kahlo’s book frida and couple of crime novels

Let me know if you have anything interesting for a rec. What crime/ thriller/ mystery books are you reading?  

10 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

but translating...

Wow! You must be immensely talented/ Which languages do you know chingu?

9 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I dropped "Insider" since I wasn't really liking the writing of that drama, and "Alchemy of Souls" is on an indefinite pause, which well could be considered dropped as long as it does not improve in the next few eps, which I don't really think will be happening. 

Argh, I feel guilty for getting you on board and then this turning into a spectacular nonsense!  

Sorry GIF by Teddy Too Big

9 hours ago, rocat said:

I also like reading Albert Camus but it takes me a long time to finish. :joy:

Definitely one of the most fascinating writers. 

9 hours ago, rocat said:

Seoul is coming up!

Have fun, chingu! I want to go to SK and buy lots of skincare products. I am a big skincare junkie. 

9 hours ago, rocat said:

You are re such a fast learner! 

Excited Good News GIF by Vida

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

chingus, I have been in a kdrama slump. so watching lot of random stuff -- some local content, documentaries and whatever I end up coming across. am trying to get back to watching kdrama rhythm again. lets see. I need a drama and thread that is all chatty! even soompi forum has been rather quiet lately. 

Won't you watch the new drama starring our favourite Bossam: Steal the Fate couple? 

2 hours ago, madmad min said:

----->Yumis Cells 2---- This season made my BP go up 3 notches it was so annoying lol #Teamwoong that I sure do know

Yeah, Yumi made everyone's blood pressure high! What's with the reconciliation if you are eventually going to make them break up? 

• Like 6
  • Blob 4