Spotlight: Popular Supporting Actors (Bonus: Vote for your favourite supporting actors now)

confusedheart

Spotlight: Popular Supporting Actors (Bonus: Vote for your favourite supporting actors now)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favourite supporting actor (male)? (Choose as many as you wish)

• Ahn Nae Sang (best known for playing the Detective in Mouse / the unethical scientist in L.U.C.A)
    • Choi Won Young (best known for playing the chaebol evil twin in Doctor Prisoner)
    • Jang Hyun Sung (best known for playing the Deputy Director of the hospital in Doctors)
    • Jeon Gook Hwan (best known for playing the antagonist in Doctor Stranger)
    • Jo Han Chul (best known for playing the owner of the cafe in Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha)
    • Kim Kap Soo (best known for playing the potter who was also the leader of the Righteous Party in Mr. Sunshine)
    • Kim Kwang Kyu (best known for playing the bank manager in Our Blues)
    • Kim Won Hae (best known for his quirky role in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and in Chief Kim
    • Sung Dong Il (best known for playing the gruff but caring father in Reply 1997)
    • Yoo Jea Myung (best known for playing the neighbourhood clown's father and dean of a boys' school in Reply 1988)
    • Bae Soo Bin (best known for playing the greedy, corrupt and wicked ex-boyfriend of the female lead who hid a terrible secret in Secret Love)
    • Kang Ki Young (best known for playing a caring and fair boss in Extraordinary Attorney Woo)
    • Im Chul Soo (The undercover agent spying on Vincenzo in Vincenzo)
    • Lim Ju Hwan ( best known for playing a cold blooded industrial spy and husband of female lead in The Spies Who Loved Me )
    • Kwak Dong Yeon (best known for playing the half-brother in Vincenzo)
    • Lee Soo Hyuk (best known for playing the very handsome leader of the Grim Reaper management team in Tomorrow)
    • Park Sung Hoon (best known for playing the colour blind heir who was part of the group that constantly abused and bullied the female lead inThe Glory)
    • None of the above mentioned. Anyone else? Please comment.
    • Jung Woong In (best known for playing a villain in Empress Ki and a fierce but caring prison guard in Prison Playbook)
    • Kim Ji Hoon (best known for his role in Flower of Evil)
  2. 2. Who is your most favourite supporting actor (male)? (Choose as many as you wish)

• Kim Hae Sook (best known for playing the director of the underworld monopoly inTomorrow)
    • Kim Mi Kyung (best known for playing the ahjumma in Healer)
    • Kim Young Ok (best known for playing the grandmother who wanted her grand-daughter to marry the (not so eligible) neighbourhood bachelor aka the male lead in Mouse)
    • Lee Jung Eun (best known for playing the bubbly fish shop owner who made us all cry in Our Blues)
    • Na Young Hee (best known for playing the stepmother who was instrumental in inducing syncronised morning sickness in our lead couple inYou Are My Destiny)
    • Nam Gi Ae (best known for playing the mother in The Flower of Evil and Mother)
    • Ye Ji Won (best known for playing the robotic, perfect housekeeer, Jennifer in Still 17)
    • Ye Soo Jung (best known for playing he mysterious Mother Emma who acted as therapist for members of the family in Mine)
    • Park Jin Joo (best known for playing the workmate who had a crush on the male lead in Encounter)
    • Hwang Seok Jeong (best known for playing the fashionable and multilingual Chief Editor in She Was Pretty)
    • Hwang Bo Ra (best known for playing the secretary or rather the male lead's partner in crime in all his adventures in Dali and Cocky Prince)
    • Baek Ji Won (best known for playing the nun / notorious ex gambler in The Fiery Priest)
    • Yeom Hye Ran (best known for playing the abused wife taking photos in The Glory)
    • Park Joon Geum (best known for playing the evil MIL in Secret Garden)
    • Moon Hee Kyung (best known for playing the mother in The Graceful Family)
    • Jang Young Nam (best known for her roles in Pinocchio and It's Okay To Not be Okay)
    • Lee Mi Do (best known for her roles in Oh My Baby, 18 Again, My Father is Strange)
    • Kim Hee Jung (best known for her roles in the daily dramas like Man in a Veil , Bravo, My Life, Again My Life)
    • Bae Hae Sun (best known for her roles in Happiness, Start-Up, Alice etc)
  3. 3. Who is your most favourite supporting actor (male / female)? (Choose as many as you wish)

• Oh Jung Se (best known for his roles in Jirisan, Uncle, Hot Stove League etc)
    • Jo Dong Hyuk (best known for his awesome abs, he showed them in Rugal and he was also in The Last Empress)
    • Kim Sung Oh (best known for his quirky secretary role in Secret Garden amongst others)
    • Joo Sang Wook (best known for playing a beloved ahjussi oppa in Alchemy of Souls and brooding doctor in Good Doctor)
    • Lee Deok Hwa (best known for playing he is haraboji in everything)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2023 at 02:30 AM

This week we decided to show these fantastic 'supporting' actors some much deserved TLC. These familar faces are regulars as mothers, grandfathers, evil boyfriends, wicked kings or generals etc in our favourite K-dramas.  We often see them doing more than one project simultaneously or starting on the next one as soon as they are wrapping up one. 

Wwwsk Wow GIF - WWWSK Wow Sarcastic Wow - Discover & Share GIFs

Who is your favourite Supporting Actor? Do you have a drama where these actors have left an indelible mark on you and the character remains unforgettableto you? Do let us know in your comments. 

7 Most Adorable K-Drama Scene-Stealers Who Stole Our Hearts

If you feel, we have missed your favourite supporting actor, please let us know. We will be happy to include them. 

A special shout out to @partyon for guiding me. :heartxoxo:She is a living encyclopedia, people! :coolshades:

Male Supporting Actors 

1. Ahn Nae Sang

(Popular Dramas: Mouse, 18 Again, The Devil Judge, Racket Boys, Law School, L.U.C.A.: The Beginning, Royal Secret Agent, Racket Boys etc)

Spoiler

8 Ahn Nae Sang Dramas That Should Be On Your Watchlist

8 Ahn Nae Sang Dramas That Should Be On Your Watchlist

2. Choi Won Young

(Popular Dramas: Under the Queen's Umbrella, Alice, Doctor Prisoner, Hwarang, Mad Dog, The Heirs etc.)

Spoiler

HanCinema's Drama Review] 'Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth' Episode 2 @  HanCinema

5 Drama Populer Choi Won Young, Aktor Korea yang Hari Ini Ulang Tahun ke-47  Tahun

3. Jang Hyun Sung

(Popular Dramas: Under the Queen's Umbrella, Doctor Prisoner, Doctors, Signal, Queen for Seven Days etc)

Spoiler

9 supporting Korean actors who appear so much in K-drama, fans remember  them more than the leads - KBIZoom

PHOTOS] Promotional Pictures and Behind-The-Scenes Cut of Jang Hyun Song  for KBS “Assembly” – YGFAMPH Fan-Cafe

4. Jeon Gook Hwan

(Popular Dramas: Big Mouth, Again My Life, Eve, Sisyphus: The Myth, Crash Landing on You etc.)

Spoiler

Jeon Gook-hwan - IMDb

Jeon Gook Hwan - 전국환 - Rakuten Viki

5. Jo Han Chul

(Popular Dramas: Reborn Rich, The Law Cafe, Vincenzo, Mother, Tomorrow With You etc.)

Spoiler

Kwak Dong Yeon, Kim Yeo Jin, And Jo Han Chul Are Villains Ready To Take On  Song Joong Ki In Drama “Vincenzo” | Soompi

Healer (2014)

6. Kim Kap Soo

(Popular Dramas: Hospital Playlist, Chief of Staff, Mr. Sunshine, Today's Webtoon, The K2 etc.)

Spoiler

Hospital Playlist (2020)

Mr. Sunshine Episode 23 Recap | amusings

7. Kim Kwang Kyu

(Popular Dramas: Our Blues, A Business Proposal, Hwarang, Pinocchio, I Hear Your Voice etc.)

Spoiler

9 supporting Korean actors who appear so much in K-drama, fans remember  them more than the leads - KBIZoom

Hwarang - AsianWiki

8. Kim Won Hae

(Popular Dramas: Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, Chief Kim, Through the Darkness, The Law Cafe, Graceful Friends, Start-Up, From Now On, Showtime etc.)

Spoiler

5 Things Every Kim Won Hae Fan Should Know - Annyeong Oppa

Kim Won Hae Steals The Spotlight In “Chief Kim” And “Strong Woman Do Bong  Soon” | Soompi

9. Sung Dong Il

(Popular Dramas: Reply 1988, If You Wish Upon Me, Hospital Playlist, Curtain Call, Sisyphus: The Myth, Prison Playbook, It's Okay, That's Love, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo etc.)

Spoiler

8 Sung Dong Il K-Dramas You Should Watch Right Now

Hwarang Korean Drama – Sung Dong Il | Kdrama Kisses

10. Yoo Jea Myung

(Popular Dramas: Vincenzo, Itaewon Class, Prison Playbook, My Fellow Citizens!, Hospital Playlist (Seson 2) etc)

Spoiler

Stranger (2017)

Junho & Yoo Jae Myung play cat and mouse in new Confession teasers. | Dramas  with a Side of Kimchi

11. Bae Soo Bin

(Popular Dramas: The King's Affection, Secret Love, 49 Days, A Pledge to God, Graceful Friends, My Heart Twinkle Twinkle etc.) 

Spoiler

Secret Love - AsianWiki

Love Like That, KBS Drama Special, Bae Soo Bin, Review

12. Kang Ki Young

(Popular Dramas: Extraordinary Attorney Woo, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo, Tunnel, I'm Not a Robot, What's Wrong with Secretary Kim etc.) 

Spoiler

Fans impressed after seeing 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' actor Kang Ki  Young's spacious modern home | allkpop

Netizens Divided Over Beloved Actor Kang Ki Young's Alleged Use Of  Brownface - Koreaboo

13. Im Chul Soo

(Popular Dramas: Mr. Sunshine, Alchemy of Souls, Vincenzo, Dr. Romantic, Crash Landing on You, Nokdu Flower etc.)

Spoiler

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Come Across The Mysterious Im Chul Soo In “ Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

Im Chul-soo - IMDb

14. Lim Ju Hwan

(Popular Dramas: Uncontrollably Fond, The Spies Who Loved Me, The Bride of Habaek, Boys Over Flowers, Oh My Ghost etc.)

Spoiler

13 Drakor Dibintangi Lim Ju Hwan, Comeback Bareng Lee Ha Na

Uncontrollably Fond (Lightly Ardently) Korean Drama – Im Joo Hwan and Suzy  | Kdrama Kisses

15. Kwak Dong Yeon

(Popular Dramas: Gaus Electronics, Big Mouth, Our Beloved Summer, Vincenzo, My ID is Gangnam Beauty, It's Okay to Not Be Okay, Fight for My Way, Love In the Moonlight etc.)

Spoiler

My ID is Gangnam Beauty Korean Drama – Kwak Dong Yeon | Kdrama Kisses

Love in the Moonlight (1996)

16. Lee Soo Hyuk

(Popular Dramas: Tomorrow, Doom at Your Service, The Scholar Who Walks the Night, Born Again, High School King of Savvy, Lucky Romance, Valid Love etc.)

Spoiler

Lee Soo-hyuk on becoming Tomorrow's "cold and dark" Grim Reaper

Lee Soo Hyuk - Gwi (Scholar Who Walks the Night) Savage - YouTube

17. Park Sung Hoon

(Popular Dramas: The Glory, Don't Dare to Dream, Six Flying Dragons, Joseon Exorcist, Mad Dog, Justice, Psychopath Diary, etc.) 

Spoiler

Park Sung Hoon from Netflix's 'The Glory' reveals what's difficult about  his role

Park Sung Hoon Praises “Psychopath Diary” Co-Star Yoon Shi Yoon   Talks  About How He Wants To Be Remembered As A Villain | Soompi

18. Jung Woong In

(Popular dramas: Empress Ki, Prison Playbook, Pinocchio, I Can Hear Your Voice, Yong-Pal, etc.)

Spoiler

MV5BYWJlY2Y5YzktNmI1NC00ODRjLTk3NWUtZjUx

9b9cbbb8a746bf439bbc3db527ba5a01.jpg

Female Supporting Actors

1. Kim Hae Sook

(Popular Dramas: Under the Queen's Umbrella, Tomorrow, Inspector Koo, Hospital Playlist, Marriage Not Dating, etc.) 

Spoiler

The Ahjusshis and Ahjummas Series – Kim Hae Sook – The cat that watches TV

5 Much-Needed Life Lessons From Kim Hae Sook In “About Time” | Soompi

2. Kim Mi Kyung

(Popular Dramas: Healer, 18 Again, Go Back Couple, It's Okay to Not Be Okay, Her Private Life  etc.) 

Spoiler

The Kick-ass Ahjumma] Kim Mi Kyung – The Accidental Drama Qween

Woman of the Week: Kim Mi Kyung | K-Drama Amino

3. Kim Young Ok

(Popular Dramas: Coffee Prince, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, Squid Game, The King: Eternal Monarch, Shopping King Louie   etc.)

Spoiler

Warm Romances, Cute Grandmas, And More: What To Watch After “Hometown  Cha-Cha-Cha” | Soompi

Veteran Korean Actress Kim Young-Ok's Granddaughters and Grandsons in K- Dramas | Metro.Style

4. Lee Jung Eun

(Popular Dramas: Our Blues, Juvenile Justice, Law School, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, Mr. Sunshine  etc.) 

Spoiler

Lee Jung Eun Transforms Into A Tough Fish Shop Owner Who Lives In Jeju  Island For “Our Blues” | Soompi

Kim Hye Soo, Kim Moo Yeol, Lee Sung Min, And Lee Jung Eun Transform Into  Very Different Judges For Upcoming Legal Drama | Soompi

5. Na Young Hee

(Popular Dramas: My Love from the Star, My Golden Life, The Beauty Inside, I Have a Lover, What Happens to My Family? etc.)

Spoiler

My Love from Another Star (2013)

Beauty Inside – Importante es lo de adentro | En Mi Patio

6. Nam Gi Ae

(Popular Dramas:  Flower of Evil, Thirty-Nine, W, Mother, Oh My Venus, Haechi etc.) 

Spoiler

Pinoy song 'She' featured in hit K-drama 'Flower of Evil' | ABS-CBN News

Encounter (2018)

7. Ye Ji Won

(Popular Dramas: Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, Thirty But Seventeen, Another Miss Oh, Love Affairs in the Afternoon, Dinner Mate etc.)

Spoiler

First Impression: Oh Hae-young Again (Another Miss Oh) – The cat that  watches TV

Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol (2020)

8. Ye Soo Jung

(Popular Dramas:  Mine, Do You Like Brahms?, Mother, Prison Playbook, Defendant etc.)

Spoiler

Cha Hak Yeon And Jung Yi Seo's Engagement Ceremony Is Overshadowed By  Suspicious Activity In “Mine” | Soompi

Soo-jung Ye - IMDb

9. Park Jin Joo

(Popular Dramas: Our Beloved Summer, It's Okay to Not Be Okay, Her Private Life, Encounter, While You Were Sleeping etc.)

Spoiler

Her Private Life” Cast Shows Close Bond Behind The Scenes | Soompi

Kim Soo Hyun Has A Tense Meeting With Kim Joo Heon And Park Jin Joo In “It's  Okay To Not Be Okay” | Soompi

10. Hwang Seok Jeong

(Popular Dramas: Cheese in the Trap, She Was Pretty, Secret (Love), Because This Is My First Life, Temperature of Love, Mask, etc.)

Spoiler

She Was Pretty (2015)

Femme Fatales: K-Drama's Killer Comedy Queens | Soompi

11. Hwang Bo Ra

(Popular Dramas: What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, Dali and the Cocky Prince, Hyena, Cunning Single Lady, Miracle etc.) 

Spoiler

What's Wrong With Secretary Kim? Cast: News, Updates, Projects 2020

Dali and Cocky Prince Korean Drama Review | Kdrama Kisses

12. Baek Ji Won

(Popular Dramas: Extraordinary Attorney Woo, Snowdrop, Do You Like Brahms?, The Fiery Priest, Be Melodramatic etc.) 

Spoiler

LIST: Extraordinary Attorney Woo Cast Members

The Fiery Priest (2019)

13. Yeom Hye Ran

(Popular Dramas: The Glory, Goblin, Hospital Playlist, Chocolate, When the Camellia Blooms, etc.)

Spoiler

Yeom Hye-ran - IMDb

After two decades of acting, Yeom Hye-ran is still surprised by success

14. Park Joon Geum

(Popular Dramas: Be My Dream Family, Mask, The Heirs, Secret Garden, Rooftop Prince etc.)

Spoiler

Wait, what? — My Favorite Kdrama Mama: Moon Boon Hong a.k.a....

Park Joon-geum - IMDb

15. Moon Hee Kyung

(Popular Dramas: Graceful Family, Hospital Playlist, Because This Is My First Life, Love in Sadness, Woman of Dignity etc.)

Spoiler

Selain Chae Song-hwa, Ini Dia Tokoh Wanita Berkesan dalam Hospital Playlist  2

Beautiful You] 아름다운 당신 81회 - Moon Hee-Kyung, reveal disagreeable Lee  So-yeon 20160308 - YouTube

16. Jang Young Nam

(Popular Dramas: It's Okay To Not Be Okay, The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, Nobody Knows, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, etc)

Spoiler

fullsizephoto1219963.jpg

17. Lee Mi Do

(Popular Dramas: My Father Is Strange, Oh My Baby, 18 Again, You Are My Destiny, etc.)

Spoiler

lee-mi-do-ava-Copy1.jpg

sassy-go-go-lee-mi-do.jpg

Please feel free to get in touch with us with your suggestions for events. We are always delighted to hear from you.

Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

6 Chaotic K-Drama Friend Groups We Wish We Could Be A Part Of | Soompi

Tagging our chingus :hooray2:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali @superspace @000231846597

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID  @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @LovelyBirdAndYoo   @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @The.Lannister @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo   @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye  @Firefly @CA C @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun  @pixie0622

@asiaren   @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche    @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c  @Maliah @-JC-    @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang  

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd  @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho      @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy 

@kimlees    @lduc    @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess   @Lusiana    @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive    @Banshee Dragon   @bunnycotton143    @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu   @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana   @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela    @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  

@Man-O-Man  @mizv   @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca   @Rabbit_Small  @roli    @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59

@omiki @junejungki @lilyphenix @Tuiwgn @Jcanqueen12   

@CupcakeEonni  @Auntie Mame  @Yazusa  @A M A I  @cikqueen   

@K-dramafan22   @SleepyKitty  @marrez1  @suga02pearl  @jannedrumsit  @fieza1871  @deishii  @heartily

@breakmyheart  @kwayteow_mama  @Rollito Deprimavera  @Pinkypoo  @ilovenico @cloud9

All image/gif credits go to their respective owner(s)

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 2

• confusedheart changed the title to Spotlight: Popular Supporting Actors (Bonus: Vote for your favourite supporting actors now)

I like all the supporting actors and actresses that were mentioned.

I suggest Jang Young-Nam too. She came to my mind right now. Or Lee Mi Do and Jo Eun-Ji .

For actors... Jung Woong In.

There are so many suporting actresses or actors that are not on the list. You can not incluse everyone.

I like kdramas that use well the supporting cast.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

13 minutes ago, larus said:

I suggest Jang Young-Nam too. She came to my mind right now. Or Lee Mi Do and Jo Eun-Ji .

For actors... Jung Woong In.

Thanks for the suggestions. :kiss_wink: Added 3 of them to the poll.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, larus said:

You can not incluse everyone.

I like kdramas that use well the supporting cast.

I am sure we can do a Part II of the event sometime in the future. We didn't want to overwhelm by including too many names. Look forward to Part II of the event. 

Thanks a lot for suggesting the names. We have included them.  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

Lee Soo Hyuk ... the fact that he is still considered a "supporting" actor just baffles me.

Lee soo hyuk tomorrow 2022 – Artofit

Sung Dong Il ... A plethora of drama's/movies and yet I remember him most for a role in a drama I didn't like the ending of.

Sisyphus The Myth - he plays the shadowy owner of the Asia Mart, where he controls one of the few "downloaders" bringing refugees from an apocalyptic future into our present.  He is an enigma for most of the drama, both hindering and aiding the main leads, his only identifiable motivation, waiting for his wife & daughter from the future ... only in the end to realize his daughter was (unknown to him) with him already.  

Cho Seung Woo And Park Shin Hye Are Surrounded By Enemies In “Sisyphus: The  Myth” | Soompi

Episode #1.7 (2021)

As for the ladies ...

Lee Jung Eun ... when I see her, theres a good chance I'm going to see my Ultimate Noona ( they often work together )

Like one of her most recent - Yonder

4 Quotes that Best Describe the Characters in 'Yonder' - MyMusicTaste

Park Jin Joo ... after seeing her in almost everything, I just recently found out she's a singer too ... a pretty good one.

Park Jin Joo - Biodata, Profil, dan Fakta Lengkap - KEPOPER

Jang Young Nam ... Here is another that I cannot believe is still considered a "supporting" actress. 

She is at her best in her darker roles - she channels dark simmering malevolence like no other

Spoiler

jang young nam | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumpik

I'd like to add 2 to the ladies list ...

The first - the proverbial kdrama mom (always the good/never the bad) -  Kim Hee Jung

Spoiler

Kim Hee-Jung - IMDb

The Second - a relative newcomer, that put in alot of hard work last year - 7 drama's in 2022

Seo Hye Won -

Spoiler

Seo Hye-won-II - Photo Gallery (서혜원) @ HanCinema

... and she's cute too :wub:

Edited by partyon
Please do not post more than 5 images/gifs without using spoiler tags, thanks :)
  • Like 4
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

The first - the proverbial kdrama mom (always the good/never the bad) -  Kim Hee Jung

I am sure she was a real bad mum in Man in a veil- the abs man's mum. Most of the time she was the inoffensive woman with class.

• Shocked 1
  • Blob 4

Too many choices!  When I saw the photo, I remembered the actor/actress; but by the time I scrolled up to vote, I already forgot the name :joy:,  The ones that really stand out are Song Dong il (although I did not like him in Legend of the Blue Sea) and Kim Mi kyung (I like her in every drama that I've seen her in).  

BTW, what does everyone like about Lee Soo hyuk?  I don't have any negative feelings toward him, but a lot seem to like him. I've seen him in a couple of dramas and I wondered why.

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, maribella said:

I am sure she was a real bad mum in Man in a veil- the abs man's mum. Most of the time she was the inoffensive woman with class.

( really? :unsure:)

... and yet another reason I am more than happy to HAVE NOT watched Man In A Veil :lol: 

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1

*** Oftentimes, we notice these supporting actors because they steal our attention from the main leads. You may or may not remember their names, but will definitely recollect the familiar face - it will always make you get that feeling of joy once you spot and remember where you saw them before. Aside from the main leads, it's always so nice to be able to see writers create a drama wherein even the supporting roles have a major impact on the plot lines of the drama. Sometimes one can already tell a K-drama is going to be good and enjoyable by the mere presence of these support-celebrities in the cast. Hence, these are my favorite K-drama support actors:  :heart2:

Kang Ki Young – in "What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” with Park Seo Joon and “My Secret Terrius” with Su Ji Sup

Lee Joon Hyuk – in “Love in the Moonlight” with Park Bogum

Hwang Seok Jeong – in “She was Pretty”  with Park Seo Joon  in her role as the eccentric boss, who loved to wear elaborate and bright colored clothing. She stole my attention and was so memorable for me. In fact, she even won Best Supporting Actress at the 2015 MBC Drama Awards. I also like Choi Si Won. I can't forget the bromance they have with Park Seo Joon in the drama.

Kim Ji Hoon – I like him in “Flower of Evil” with Lee Jun Ki. He’s not actually a support but just an “extended” one. When I saw him, I thought - what's his name?  

Oh Jung Se - in "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" with Kim Soo Hyun. He’s a supporting character who brings harmony to the main leads especially his being a dotting brother, regardless of his disability.

Jung Eun Pyo - in "The Moon that Embraces the Sun" with Kim Soo Hyun. He plays the role of a eunuch that sticks to the prince's side, through thick and thin.

Kwak Dong Yeon - playing the half-brother in “Vincenzo”  with Song Jong Ki

Kim Mi Kyung - the ahjumma in “Healer” with Ji Chang Wook

Last but, not the least -  :sweet:  :Megalol:

BTS V –  in “ Hwarang”. He has this very lovable character in the drama. This is where I discovered him and became a fan.  I know at first the directors were not sure how to direct and what exact character he's going to portray since he is not used to acting however, they tried to make him act normal. So, he came out very CUTE - hahaha. He didn’t get many shots and impressive line but whatever time he got, he acted so well his character. But, his death scene was….very impressive for me.  :heart2beat:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

Hi everyone, and special thanks for tagging me, @confusedheart:wub:.

I should say it's really hard to choose, and normally I vote for as many as I like. This time it just hit me that I really like many actors and actresses from the lists as well, but three people have a special place in my heart :wub:.

Lee Soo Hyuk - as soon as I see him among the cast list I know something special is coming, and he never dissappoints. I first saw him in The Scholar Who Walks the Night as Gwi, and was stunned by the character he created. 

Im Young Ok- really impossible to say how many dramas with this actress have I seen. I think she is practically in every highly anticipated drama, hehe). 

And the last person I would like to give an honorable mention, since he is not on the list (honestly I don't know if he may be considered a supporting actor, but he was in the dramas I've watched) is definitely Lee Deok-hwa. His characters are never plane or easily forgotten))).

16 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Lee Soo Hyuk ... the fact that he is still considered a "supporting" actor just baffles me.

Same here. For some reason he is often given that "third wheel" or "never gets the girl" type of role, or smth like that-a really unfortunate character. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I would add Bae Hae Sun. She's got such a wide range of acting! From the gentle desk clerk in Hotel del Luna to the completely deranged lady who wanted to be the apartment representative in Happiness to the battered woman in Joseon Attorney. I sit up and take notice whenever she appears!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, maribella said:

How about this actor? I have seen in in father roles God knows how many times.

Park Chan Nam

Noting it down for the sequence in the future. Thanks for the suggestion. :heart:

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Too many choices!  When I saw the photo, I remembered the actor/actress; but by the time I scrolled up to vote, I already forgot the name :joy:

Same here. I have a tough time remembering the names. 

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:

BTW, what does everyone like about Lee Soo hyuk?  I don't have any negative feelings toward him, but a lot seem to like him. I've seen him in a couple of dramas and I wondered why.

Well, he's handsome and I know my fellow EO @partyon likes him immensely. She had been talking about him so much during the drama -Tomorrow. That's when I came to know of him. Do you think his acting isn't phenomenal? Overhyped?

14 hours ago, maribella said:

@confusedheart I got carried away with ticking and ticked none of the above too. :unsure:

Chingu, unfortunately, no. But we know the ones you voted for. So, it's alright. :fullofhearts:

12 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

... and yet another reason I am more than happy to HAVE NOT watched Man In A Veil :lol: 

Ah the notorious Man in a Veil. @Ameera Ali ensured the whole forum knew of him even if they weren't watching it. @partyon she ought to be given a special award for her tireless effort to keep us all updated, :D\

12 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

You are not the only one, many of us have managed to escape quite unscathed. :letsgo:

12 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Oftentimes, we notice these supporting actors because they steal our attention from the main leads. You may or may not remember their names, but will definitely recollect the familiar face - it will always make you get that feeling of joy once you spot and remember where you saw them before.

This is so true and that's how we thought of doing an event focusing on the supporting actors whoo we see regularly repeatedly and who do such a brilliant job as supporting cast, supporting the main characters, yet somehow leaving such a mark on the audience. 

Kim Mi Kyung - the ahjumma in “Healer” with Ji Chang Wook

This seems to be her iconic role because that's exactly what @partyon said while describing her iconic character. 

Hwang Seok Jeong – in “She was Pretty”  with Park Seo Joon  in her role as the eccentric boss, who loved to wear elaborate and bright colored clothing. She stole my attention and was so memorable for me. In fact, she even won Best Supporting Actress at the 2015 MBC Drama Awards. I also like Choi Si Won. I can't forget the bromance they have with Park Seo Joon in the drama.

I find her memorable in every character, however brief. She seems to be very charismatic. One of my favourite go to supporting actors. 

6 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Lee Soo Hyuk - as soon as I see him among the cast list I know something special is coming, and he never dissappoints. I first saw him in The Scholar Who Walks the Night as Gwi, and was stunned by the character he created. 

@CarolynH Here's something for you. 

6 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Im Young Ok- really impossible to say how many dramas with this actress have I seen. I think she is practically in every highly anticipated drama, hehe). 

Yes, I want her as my grandmother. But don't go by her benign looks, she has a very sharp mind. 

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I would add Bae Hae Sun. She's got such a wide range of acting! From the gentle desk clerk in Hotel del Luna to the completely deranged lady who wanted to be the apartment representative in Happiness to the battered woman in Joseon Attorney. I sit up and take notice whenever she appears!

Thanks for the suggestion, chingu. Making a note to include her in our sequel in the future. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, CarolynH said:

His smoldering gaze

giphy-downsized-large.gif

and his abs. :wub:

2f2601e036ca4507f02549aa6a90e227.gif

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

29 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

Well, he's handsome and I know my fellow EO @partyon likes him immensely. She had been talking about him so much during the drama -Tomorrow. That's when I came to know of him. Do you think his acting isn't phenomenal? Overhyped?

At the risk of stepping on many toes, I think he was attractive in many ways when I watched him in the grim reaper show. But handsome?

He was clothed in very well made suits and strutted like he was on a catwalk, got away with it too. The character he played was also the type women dreamed of. Strong, loyal and will kill for his woman Shocked 30 Rock GIF

But he is not handsome in the conventional Korean way, his face is odd. Ouch, ouch stop throwing  things at me!! :joy:

If he could speak English, I think he should be one of the elven kings in Lord of the rings. Just extend those ears a bit.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1