Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Best of the Rest of KDramas (2022) - Poll #2

agenth

Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Rest of the KDramas (2022)  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which daily and/or weekend dramas were your favorite in 2022? (Choose up to 4)

• The All-Round Wife
    • Bravo, My Life
    • Love Twist
    • Gold Mask
    • Second Husband
    • The Secret House
    • Young Lady and Gentleman
    • It's Beautiful Now
    • None / Something else.
  2. 2. Which c-dramas were your favorite in 2022? (Choose up to 5)

• Love between Fairy and Devil
    • Love like the Galaxy
    • The Oath of Love
    • Side Story of Fox Volant
    • She and her Perfect Husband
    • Immortal Samsara
    • Mirror: A Tale of Two Cities
    • The Blue Whisper
    • My Sassy Princess
    • Master of My Own
    • Who Rules the World
    • Heroes
    • A Dream of Splendor
    • Sword Snow Stride
    • Love in Flames of War
    • Be My Princess
    • The Autumn Ballad
    • City of Streamer
    • Because of Love
    • Something else. What? / none
  3. 3. Which of the rest of kdramas were your favorite in 2022? (Choose up to 5)

• Shooting Stars
    • Today's Webtoon
    • Woori the Virgin
    • The King of Pigs
    • Bad and Crazy
    • Love is for Suckers
    • The Empire
    • Link: Eat, Love, Kill
    • Juvenile Justice
    • Bad Prosecutor
    • Good Job
    • Kiss Sixth Sense
    • Once Upon A Small Town
    • From Now On Showtime
    • All of Us Are Dead
    • Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area
    • Behind Every Star
    • The Murderer's Shopping List
    • Narco-Saints
    • Something else. what? / None.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2023 at 05:00 PM

Soompi Forums Awards: The Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Best of the Rest of KDramas of 2022 - Poll #2

kdr7sTk.gif

Welcome to the second thread for the Soompi Forum Awards. Here you can vote for the favourites of following sections:  

1) Daily/weekend dramas 

2) C-dramas (nominations made by  @SC2019 - thank you!) 

3) Best of the Rest of KDramas 

Only dramas that ended in 2022 are included in the poll. Also, due to technical limitations we could only include the most popular dramas in the poll. We apologize if your favorite drama isn't included, but you can still promote them in this thread ;)

Don't worry if you didn't watch any dramas in one of the categories. You can always choose "none/something else" as the option for that question. :kiss_wink:

The poll closes on Wednesday 18/01.

410e9475671ee97164fa92ab2c6a597c67108fb1

Thank you to @gm4queenfor the event banner. :heart:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

tagging:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali @superspace @000231846597

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID  @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @LovelyBirdAndYoo   @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @The.Lannister @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo   @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye  @Firefly @CA C @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun  @pixie0622

@asiaren   @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche    @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c  @Maliah @-JC-    @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang  

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd  @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho      @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy 

@kimlees    @lduc    @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess   @Lusiana    @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive    @Banshee Dragon   @bunnycotton143    @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu   @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana   @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela    @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  

@Man-O-Man  @mizv   @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca   @Rabbit_Small  @roli    @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59

@omiki @junejungki @lilyphenix @Tuiwgn @Jcanqueen12   

@CupcakeEonni  @Auntie Mame  @Yazusa  @A M A I  @cikqueen   

@K-dramafan22   @SleepyKitty  @marrez1  @suga02pearl  @jannedrumsit  @fieza1871  @deishii  @heartily

@breakmyheart  @kwayteow_mama  @Rollito Deprimavera  @Pinkypoo  @ilovenico @cloud9 

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

• agenth changed the title to Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Best of the Rest of KDramas (2022) - Poll #2

Found another drama I've finished in 2022 (Bad and Crazy). It makes a total of 5 finished dramas. I'm proud of myself

:wow1:

And of course King of Pigs was a must. A good drama. Like it a lot, for the plot, how it was made and the cast (young and old one). 

Not watching daily dramas, and my last c-drama is Unchained Love, so... none for the other two categories. :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

If there were more choices, Cdrama Reset would be it for me. :) If I can choose one more from the choices, it would be Oath of Love.

For dramas I voted for, reasons would be the actors and actress totally owned their roles, the character development of the cast, and being entertained as a whole by something - OST and wardrobe for me. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Blob 3

I also watched Reset and loved it! It's nice that they released it on YouTube so a wider audience could see it.

For the third category, I watched two episodes of Behind Every Star and enjoyed it...I hope to keep going one day with it, so I voted for it :).

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

1 hour ago, larus said:

First two categories... I voted NONE. I did not watch any daily or a c-drama. The last category I voted three dramas that I watch. I had to vote something. :D

I voted everything none.

It makes me think I should try a cdrama in 2023 or a daily :D 

my last daily was Temptation of Wife hahaha

and I've never seen a cdrama! Is there any that is upcoming and greatly anticipated? 

• LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

6 minutes ago, agenth said:

and I've never seen a cdrama! Is there any that is upcoming and greatly anticipated? 

I'd say Hidden Love by Zhao Lusi and Chen Zheyuan. Filming is over last Nov, no definite showing date yet but reservations in Youku for watching it is now almost 1M.

I'm planning for recently aired Lighter and Princess sometime next week. That, or see the Ever Night Season 1 :)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

41 minutes ago, agenth said:

I voted everything none.

Here I was feeling bad that I couldn't vote for more of the options on the event you put together, and you voted everything none. :joy:

41 minutes ago, agenth said:

It makes me think I should try a cdrama in 2023 or a daily :D 

Chingu, I really think you would enjoy Reset. It's very, very good! And there's some legal/ police procedure in it. You can binge it on YouTube:

Trailer: https://youtu.be/9KAan0-WlHs

Episode 1 :): https://youtu.be/RBHjs84evZU

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 7

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

If there were more choices, Cdrama Reset would be it for me. :) If I can choose one more from the choices, it would be Oath of Love.

For dramas I voted for, reasons would be the actors and actress totally owned their roles, the character development of the cast, and being entertained as a whole by something - OST and wardrobe for me. 

Reset was very, very good indeed.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

:waves:

these  c-dramas are the one i voted

Love between Fairy and Devilabbd6a80b28cbf33b6bd9ed3dfe6b9c55a8a834d.gifv

Spoiler

ac15264894e45dda925c33d7df83cae92c434b66.gifv

acb2bac29ea70bd1e747d1702003adcc93ace741.gifvb9483fc8a14b49ae32ce32dfd4c0a6300daaa1a0.gifv

Love like the Galaxy

1a6a9020b823f57f3cb515f9fb4863804798986c.gifv

Spoiler

f36839753d590669799c8cfa349b6429cf6302da.gifv

4edb87fe8a3b4faa0226cb5f956490d79fff9b0f.gifv

9d8956f2bc14ff363ce491fcfd64b3bc36da923f.gifv

She and her Perfect Husband

(  the moment Yang Hua FELL in love):heart4:

xiaolanhua: “the moment Yang Hua FELL in love SHE AND HER PERFECT HUSBAND (2022) ”

Spoiler

Who Rules the World818882149dcdca2efe78ed537b990de537c53fc3.gifv

Spoiler

#who rules the world from only love is not fate

i wish Lighter and Princess  was included:kiss_wink:

821fbeba210f99578f9419de59e7333e53f039ab.gifv

Spoiler

li-xun: “Lighter and Princess favourite scenes 2/? “LIGHTER AND PRINCESS (2022)” ”

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 7

Happy New Year to you, chingu, @agenth thanks for your tagging :):wub:

1) Daily/weekend dramas - i don't watch any daily drama at all.

2) C-dramas - i rarely watch C-drama, but only choose one or two old drama that are highly recommended by my friends, such as "The Long Night" (2020), a thriller suspense crime story that worth for watching. I used to watch old C-drama with political history genre.

• The King of Pigs - it was a pity that this drama was under-rated or not popular in Asia but I highly recommended to watch. The webtoon novel won the International awards. I really hope more people can watch this super fantastic drama - I personally felt even better than "The Glory" in terms of revenge storyline although Glory have not finished yet (Glory has famous casting, while the King of Pigs are from a group of young kids and unpopular actors/actresses) - School Violence is always an ongoing topic in South Korea or in rest of the countries, this drama will always leave a place in my mind because it's a disturbing and depressing tragedy after watching it, it makes you feel that there is an urge that the Korea government or school should implement strict policy for the school. Does it help that his sacrifice in the finale will hit them hard and clearly? Very gray...I have no idea....I do hope the strong implication finally sheds some light...
  • Juvenile Justice
  • All of Us Are Dead
  • Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area

Thanks for bringing up the The King of Pigs drama for us to choose :) :wub:

• Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Happy New Year to you, chingu, @agenth thanks for your tag :):wub:

1) Daily/weekend dramas - i don't watch any daily drama at all.

2) C-dramas - i rarely watch C-drama, but only choose one or two old drama that are highly recommended by my friends, such as "The Long Night" (2020), a thriller suspense crime story that worth for watching. I used to watch old C-drama with political history genre.

@lebeaucouple  same as you - I don't watch any daily drama at all, same thing as C-dramas. That's why, I'm not really

familiar with C-dramas, same thing with their actors/actresses.   :surprisedwut:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

I haven't watched a daily drama or a C-drama, so I voted none.  I watched All of Us are Dead and it was better than I thought it would be.

J- dramas:  I'm in the middle of Alice in Borderland (if you liked Squid Games, you might like this drama).  Bonus:  There's a naked man in one episode :hushed:.  I also really loved Silent.  It's about a young couple, one of whom is now deaf.  Can there be a relationship between the two?  

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

Done with the 2nd Poll! :sparklyeyes: I think I  really started watching C-Drama last year.  Not sure why but just love those that show "strong" female lead (more of their charisma, thought, skills etc)  The only thing is the length of the episode, but if I like it, I can complete it within a few days :hahah!:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

On 12/26/2022 at 10:53 AM, agenth said:

Welcome to the second thread for the Soompi Forum Awards. Here you can vote for the favourites of following sections:  

1) Daily/weekend dramas 

2) C-dramas (nominations made by  @SC2019 - thank you!) 

I realize I didn't watch any C-dramas in 2022... :tears:

• Like 1
  • Blob 6

3 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Done with the 2nd Poll! :sparklyeyes: I think I  really started watching C-Drama last year.  Not sure why but just love those that show "strong" female lead (more of their charisma, thought, skills etc)  The only thing is the length of the episode, but if I like it, I can complete it within a few days :hahah!:

@YongZura⁷  according to analysis from National Business Daily, the average length of a TV show in China has increased from 30 to 40 episodes over the course of the last decade. Many popular shows available on Baidu's iQiyi, Alibaba's Youku, and Tencent Video include up to 90 episodes. One regulation is that television dramas are not allowed to exceed 40 episodes. Over the years, the Chinese television industry has seen a jump in television dramas with exceedingly long lengths, averaging at least 50 episodes per show. Many support the new rule.   Wow.....your pacing is so fast.  Me, I don't really dig long EPs.   :kaching1:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

Barely watched anything in 2022, so can't really vote. Just started 不期而至 Unexpected Falling which aired Nov 2022, so I guess that doesn't count since I've not finished watching it at all, having only covered 2 episodes. Enjoying it so far... would you believe I was drawn into watching it because of the opening instrumental theme, which is arguably one of the memorable I've heard. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it posted on Youtube, though the full soundtrack, composed by the incredibly talented 陈筱舒 Amy Chen, can be heard on NetEase

The ending song, which is a version of the main theme that drew me into this drama:

The main theme song:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 5

:waves: guys!

I'm so proud of myself that I've only watched my Daniel oppa's drama, Today's Webtoon out of all the dramas in the 2nd poll. :joy: Thank you lovely event organizers for including his drama in the poll!

Seriously, C-dramas are not my taste. I don't even get the language. :D

I haven't watched any daily/ weekend dramas so far.. How are they doing? Any good?? I'd love to try one!! :heart:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7