[Upcoming Drama 2024] The Midnight Romance in Hagwon/ Graduation, 졸업- Jung Ryeo Won & Wi Ha Joon- Premieres on May 11

larus

PS24040200053.jpg

Drama: Graduation/The Midnight Romance in Hagwon

Hangul: 졸업

Genre: romance

Network: tvN, TVING

Episodes: 16

Director: Ahn Pan Seok (Behind the White Tower, Secret Affair, Heard It Through the Grapevine, Something in the Rain, One Spring Night)

Writer: Park Kyung Hwa

Release Date: May 11, 2024

Runtime: Saturday, Sunday

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

“Graduation” will tell the love story of a man and a woman who first meet during their school days and later reunite as instructors at an academy after becoming adults.

Cast

Jung Ryeo Won as

Wi Ha Joon as Lee Joon Ho

So Joo-yeon as Nam Cheong-mi

Jang So Yeon as Choi Ji Eun

Kim Song Il as Pyo Sang Sub

Jang In Sub as Yoon Ji Seok

Ahn Hyun Ho as Kim Chae Yoon

Kim Jung Young as Woo Sung hee

Kim Hae Yeon as Kim Hyo Im

Kim Jong Tae as Kim Hyun Tak

Shin Joo Hyup as Choi Sung Gyu

Oh Man Seok as Lee Taek Yeol

Yoon Bok In as Oh Jung Hwa

Yang Jo Ah as Min Hee Joo

Posters

The_Midnight_Romance_in_Hagwon-tp1.jpeg

The_Midnight_Romance_in_Hagwon-tp2.jpeg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1

Jung Ryeo Won In Talks To Star In New Romance Drama By “Something In The Rain” Director

Jul 19, 2023
by M. Lim

20230719123045_jung-ryeo-won.jpg?s=900x6

Jung Ryeo Won may be starring in a new drama!

On July 19, Jung Ryeo Won’s agency H& Entertainment shared that the actress has received an offer to star in producing director (PD) Ahn Pan Seok’s new drama “Graduation” (tentative title) and is currently reviewing the offer.

“Graduation” will tell the love story of a man and a woman who first meet during their school days and later reunite as instructors at an academy after becoming adults.

“Graduation” will be helmed by director Ahn Pan Seok of hit JTBC drama “Something in the Rain,” MBC’s “One Spring Night,” JTBC’s “Secret Love Affair,” and more.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601712wpp/jung-ryeo-won-in-talks-to-star-in-new-romance-drama-by-something-in-the-rain-director

Jung Ryeo Won Considering Starring Role in “Graduation”

Posted on August 16, 2023 by Kay

greasy-melo-jung-ryeo-won-4.jpg

Jung Ryeo Won (May It Please the Court) is considering a starring role in the new Korean drama Graduation. Graduation follows the romance between a man and woman who met during their school days and then reunite as adults as instructors at an academy.

Jung Ryeo Won would play one half of the couple. The drama comes from the PD of Something in the Rain and One Spring Night.

Graduation is hoping to air sometime in 2024.

https://kdramakisses.com/2023/08/16/jung-ryeo-won-considering-starring-role-in-graduation/

• Like 1

Wi Ha Joon Confirmed For New Romance Drama Jung Ryeo Won Is In Talks For

Oct 4, 2023
by M. Lim

Wi Ha Joon Confirmed For New Romance Drama Jung Ryeo Won Is In Talks For

Wi Ha Joon is confirmed for a new drama!

On October 3, Wi Ha Joon’s agency MSteam Entertainment officially announced that Wi Ha Joon would be appearing in “Graduation” (literal title).

“Graduation” is set against the backdrop of Daechi, a neighborhood renowned as the epicenter of private education in Korea. The plot centers around an instructor who tirelessly assists a student named Lee Joon Ho in gaining admission to a prestigious university. In a twist of fate, Lee Joon Ho later returns to the academy as a rookie instructor after resigning from a large company because he remains fixated on his first love, his academy teacher, even after becoming an adult.

Wi Ha Joon is set to play Lee Joon Ho, while Jung Ryeo Won was also previously confirmed to be in talks for the female lead role in the drama.

“Graduation” will be helmed by director Ahn Pan Seok, who previously worked with Wi Ha Joon on the hit JTBC drama “Something in the Rain.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1617580wpp/wi-ha-joon-confirmed-for-new-romance-drama-jung-ryeo-won-is-in-talks-for

• Like 1

by lo_ve, October 3, 2023
39 52

Wi Ha Joon's next K-drama will possibly be a romance genre.

On October 3, media outlet Star News shared an exclusive report revealing that Wi Ha Joon will be joining Jung Ryeo Won in the upcoming K-drama Graduation

Wi Ha Joon's agency hasn't responded to the exclusive report.

Graduation will tell the story of academy instructors at Daechi-dong, the epitome of private education. It will tell about the romance between a man and a woman who became a couple while they were studying, get reunited years later as academy instructors.

The upcoming K-drama will be the next work of director Ahn Pan Seok, the man behind the popular romance K-dramas One Spring Night, Something in the Rain, Secret Love Affair, and more. 

Wi Ha Joon got the offer to play the role of Lee Joon Ho. He is a typical Daechi-dong student who received an elite plaque and got the full support of the academy. He is popular in school for his great looks and amazing personality. Despite his popularity, his eyes are fixed on the academy teacher who remains his first love even after becoming an adult.

Jung Ryeo Won on the other hand got the offer to play the role of Lee Joon Ho's first love. 

The production team of Graduation has not revealed its exact airing date and broadcast channel.

pdn18Q_2f.jpg

Wi Ha Joon is currently starring in the Disney+ original K-drama The Worst of Evil with Ji Chang Wook, Im Se Mi, Bae Myung Jin, Dok Go Young Jae, and Choi Baek Sun

If Wi Ha Joon officially confirms his casting for Graduation, this will be his fourth upcoming K-drama. The actor is also set to star in the series Gyeongseong Creature, Squid Game Season 2, Que Sera, Sera, and he will make a special cameo appearance in Shark 2: The Storm

Wi Ha Joon became more known not only in Korea but all over the world after being part of the hit Netflix original K-drama Squid Game. Since then, the actor hasn't starred in a romance genre. If Wi Ha Joon confirms, Graduation will be his first-ever leading role in a romantic comedy K-drama. 

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/wi-ha-joon-will-reportedly-pair-up-with-jung-ryeo-won-in-a-new-romance-k-drama

• Like 1

Wi Ha Joon Couples Up With Jung Ryeo Won in New Drama ‘Graduation’

BY Geca Wills

Fans will be seeing more of Wi Ha Joon in the coming months after being cast as the main lead in the upcoming K-drama "Graduation."

The 32-year-old actor will be booked and busy in 2024 with multiple projects. Interestingly, Star News confirmed that the South Korean heartthrob has been officially cast along with Jung Ryeo Won.

Wi Ha Joon Transforms Into Novice Teacher in 'Graduation'

Helmed by "One Spring Night" and "Something in the Rain" director Ahn Pan Seok, Wi Ha Joon's new drama is a rom-com series that depicts the entertaining love story of academy instructors.

little-women-presscon.jpg?w=820

Exploring the day-to-day lives of school employees, "Graduation" features teachers who showed dedication and passion for educating others.

Wi Ha Joon takes on the role of novice instructor Lee Jun Ho, who graduated as a scholar in the academy that he is set to work in. He is known for his assertive personality, wit, charm, and towering stature, making him one of the most popular figures during his school years.

However, the plot thickens when he finds himself falling in love with his academy teacher, who turns out to be his first love.

jung-ryeo-won-returns-with-new-romance-d

It can be recalled that in June 2023, H& Entertainment confirmed that their artist Jung Ryeo Won received an offer to headline the series and was "currently reviewing."

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/131490/20231002/wi-ha-joon-couples-jung-ryeo-won-drama-graduation.htm

• Like 1

Untitled-design-2023-10-05T153936.469.jpWi Ha Joon to Reportedly Star in a New Romance K-Drama, Graduation

October 5, 2023

By Varsha Narayanan

Actor Wi Ha-joon is gearing up for another K-drama project. As per an official statement by his agency, MSteam Entertainment, the South Korean actor is confirmed to star in a new romance drama, titled Graduation. In addition, the entertainment company revealed that Ha-joon has recently begun filming for the drama.

Wi Ha-joon, who rose to international fame and prominence with his role in Netflix’s Squid Game (2021), will take romance head on with his new drama. Graduation will explore his love story with his academy teacher, who also happens to be his first love. So far, a female lead is yet to be announced.

Wi Ha-joon is shedding his usual ‘Bad and Crazy’ on-screen persona to star in Graduation

From delving deep into his dark side in The Worst Evil (2023) to playing the crazy but righteous character in Bad and Crazy (2021), Wi Ha-joon has come a long way. While most people might know him for his appearance on Squid Game, the actor has decided to flip the page and experiment with the genre of romance in Graduation.

The romance drama will be directed by Ahn Pan-seok, who worked with Ha-joon while filming Something in the Rain (2018). Graduation is set in the backdrop of Daechi, a neighborhood known to be the central zone of private education centers in Korea. The story follows a student named Lee Joon-ho (played by Wi Ha-joon), who is taught day and night by his academy instructor in hopes of getting admission in a good university.

A few years later, as fate would have it, Lee Joon-ho returns to the academy as a rookie instructor after resigning from a large company. However, he still thinks about his academy instructor, who was his first love.

While Wi Ha-joon is confirmed to play Lee Joon-ho, it was earlier reported that actress Jung Ryeo-won (known for Dairy of a Prosecutor) was in talks to essay the role of the female lead. However, news on the same are yet to be confirmed.

Meanwhile, until Wi Ha-joon’s new venture comes out, viewers can binge watch some of his other K-dramas, including the ones mentioned above and Little Women (2022). The actor has also appeared in several other dramas like Romance is a Bonus Book (2019) and 18 Again (2020).

https://mydramalist.com/712521-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-season-2

The director is good. I like the cast. Now I want to know the writer.

• Like 1

News bites: October 8, 2023

by tccolb

202310031332770537_651b9c6c5f947_1024x.j

Praise be to the drama gods because Wie Ha-joon (The Worst of Evil) has been cast as the leading man in a romance, potentially joining Jung Ryeo-won (May It Please the Court) who is still in discussions. Titled Graduation, the series is in the planning stages with PD Ahn Pan-seok (One Spring Night, Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food) as the talent behind the camera. [Osen]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/news-bites-october-8-2023/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

20231019020321_jung-ryeo-won-wi-ha-joon.

Jung Ryeo Won Confirmed To Join Wi Ha Joon In New Romance Drama By “Something In The Rain” Director

Oct 19, 2023
by S. Kim

Jung Ryeo Won is confirmed to star in a new romance drama with Wi Ha Joon!

On October 19, tvN confirmed the casting of Jung Ryeo Won and Wi Ha Joon for their upcoming drama “Graduation” (literal title).

A new drama by director Ahn Pan Seok, who produced various hit romance dramas such as “Something in the Rain,” “One Spring Night,” and  “Secret Love Affair,” “Graduation” is set against the backdrop of Daechi, a neighborhood renowned as the epicenter of private education in Korea. The plot centers around an instructor who tirelessly assists a student named Lee Joon Ho (Wi Ha Joon) in gaining admission to a prestigious university. In a twist of fate, Lee Joon Ho later returns to the academy as a rookie instructor after resigning from a large company because he remains fixated on his first love, his academy teacher Seo Hye Jin (Jung Ryeo Won), even after becoming an adult.

Jung Ryeo Won takes on the role of Seo Hye Jin, a 14-year veteran Korean language instructor who became a star after the legendary incident so-called “Miracle of Daechi.” Just about the time when she was thinking about her life after retirement, her former pupil and troublemaker Lee Joon Ho, who she sent to a prestigious university with all her might 10 years ago, shows up and causes her life to become turbulent.

Jung Ryeo Won expressed special affection for the drama by saying, “I am very happy and excited to return with a romance drama after a long while. I am also very happy and grateful to be on set because I have met not only director Ahn Pan Seok, whom I always respect, but also a great co-star. I will do my best to make this a great drama.”

Wi Ha Joon plays Lee Joon Ho, a new instructor who disrupts Seo Hye Jin’s daily life by showing up after 10 years. He is the protagonist of the “Miracle of Daechi” incident that made Seo Hye Jin a famous instructor 10 years ago. One day, he returns to the academy where Seo Hye Jin, a teacher who gave him a dramatic turnaround in life, works after quitting a large company that guarantees him a solid career.

Wi Ha Joon shared, “I was drawn to the charm of the character, and the story that vividly details the emotions in everyday life is interesting. Above all, I am happy that I got to reunite with director Ahn Pan Seok, whom I first met through [the drama] ‘Something in the Rain,’ through this project. I’m so excited because he’s the one who made me experience the joy of being on set.”

“Graduation” is set to premiere in 2024. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1620692wpp/jung-ryeo-won-confirmed-to-join-wi-ha-joon-in-new-romance-drama-by-something-in-the-rain-director

• Like 1

by lo_ve, October 19, 2023
14 12

Wi Ha Joon and Jung Ryeo Won will officially be the main leads of the upcoming romance melodrama Graduation.

On October 19, tvN and TVING announced that Wi Ha Joon and Jung Ryeo Won are the official main leads of the new K-drama. The two actors will showcase a romance between a teacher and a former student. The production also began filming in earnest. 

Graduation is the latest work of director  Ahn Pan Seok ( One Spring Night and Something in the Rain) and writer Park Kyung Hwa. The upcoming series will be produced by Studio Dragon and JS Pictures.

The upcoming K-drama Graduation will tell the romance story between veteran academy instructor Seo Hye Jin and his former student Lee Joon Ho. lee Joon Ho returns to the academy after 10 years to become an instructor as well. The series will showcase the romance between Daechi-dong Academy instructors and their colorful stories that we didn't know. 

Graduation will premiere in 2024 and it will be released through the broadcast channel tvN and the OTT platform, TVING. 

RBWBnx_2f.jpg

Jung Ryeo Won will portray the character named Seo Hye Jin. She is a 14-year veteran in the academy as a Korean language instructor. She is an adventurer who does not know how to give up. 

The actress shared her thoughts on becoming part of the upcoming K-drama, "I am happy and excited to go back to the romance genre after a long time. I am also grateful to be able to meet and work with a good colleague as well as a teacher Ahn Pan Seok whom I respect. I will do my best for this new project."

Wi Ha Joon on the other hand will play the role of Lee Joon Ho. He was a student of Seo Hye Jin. After 10 years, he decided to return to the academy and become a new instructor.

The actor also shared his thoughts on playing the role of Lee Joon Ho, "I got interested in the charm of the character as well as portraying his everyday life. Above all, I'm honored to meet director Ahn Pan Seok once again as we've worked before in Something In the Rain. I am excited about this project because it allowed me to experience the fun of the academy field."

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/wi-ha-joon-and-jung-ryeo-won-are-confirmed-to-lead-graduation

• Like 1

What a coincidence! Ryeo Won's previous co-star was 2PM's Lee Junho in "Wok Of Love".. And here her love interest is named - Lee Joon Ho LoL.

I am lookin' forward to this as Ha Joon is mostly seen doin' action roles. I wanted him to end up with Go Eun's character on "Little Women". He's so sexy LoL. 

I only ever enjoyed Ryeo Won in "Witch's Court". Still I'm waitin' for this; curious to see what their pairing will be like~

• Like 2

On 10/20/2023 at 4:59 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

I only ever enjoyed Ryeo Won in "Witch's Court". Still I'm waitin' for this; curious to see what their pairing will be like~

I like both. Visually, they match IMO but let see how is the writing for this drama. 

• Like 1

News bites: October 21, 2023

by tccolb

optimize

Jung Ryeo-won (May It Please the Court) has finally been signed on for the new romance Graduation, acting opposite Wie Ha-joon (The Worst of Evil). Now that casting has been finalized, filming is currently underway with PD Ahn Pan-seok (One Spring Night) behind the camera and scripts by Park Kyung-hwa. The series is planning to release sometime in 2024 on tvN. [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/news-bites-october-21-2023/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Joo-yeon appears in drama series ‘Graduation’… Working with Jeong Ryeo-won and Wi Ha-jun

20231023190744.jpg

[Asian News Agency = Reporter Lee Sang-jin] Actress So Joo-yeon announced news of her next project through the drama series ‘Graduation’.

So Joo-yeon’s agency, E&S, announced, “So Joo-yeon will appear in the drama series ‘Graduation’ as Nam Cheong-mi.”

‘Graduation’ is a secret and sweet real-life romance between veteran academy instructor Seo Hye-jin (Jung Ryeo-won) and Lee Jun-ho (Wi Ha-jun), a cheeky student who returns after 10 years and stirs her heart. A secret midnight romance that begins when the lights go out in Daechi-dong's academy district, and the colorful stories of academy instructors that we didn't know about are depicted in detail.

In the play, So Joo-yeon appears as Nam Cheong-mi, a confident and bold character who is a new Korean language instructor who admires the Daechi-dong academy district.

Recently, So Joo-yeon played the role of Yoon Ah-reum, the cute and lovely mascot of Doldam Hospital and a 'real doctor' who protects the emergency room and patients without wavering at any moment, in SBS' 'Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3', showing not only romance but also delicate and solid acting skills. and received love from viewers.

Attention is being paid to how So Joo-yeon, who is known to draw immersion in the drama through her high synchronization with the characters in each work, will captivate viewers in this drama series ‘Graduation’.

Attention is being paid to how So Joo-yeon, who is known to draw immersion in the drama through her high synchronization with the characters in each work, will captivate viewers in this drama series ‘Graduation’.

https://m.anewsa.com/article_sub3.php?number=2842589

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
by Lily Alice, March 21, 2024
9 4

Resident Playbook, starring Go Youn JungShin Shi AhKang Yoo SeokJung Joon Won, and Han Ye Ji, among others, which was scheduled to air in the first half of 2024, has been postponed to the second half of the year.  

On March 21, tvN released an official statement, stating, "Following Queen of TearsThe Midnight Romance in Hagwon will premiere. Resident Playbook is scheduled for the second half of the year. The airing schedule is yet to be decided." 

Hospital Playlist spinoff, Resident Playbook is a realistic and relatable drama about doctors working at Yulje Hospital. It revolves around their hospital lives and friendship.  

Resident Playbook was originally scheduled to air in the first half of 2024, following Queen of Tears. Although the exact schedule was not specified, the K-drama was rumored to premiere in May, and tvN also heightened anticipation by releasing a teaser early in the year. 

In February, tvN uploaded a short video on its YouTube channel teasing the release of Resident Playbook. Following the video's release, numerous people made comments criticizing the actions of the doctors protesting in South Korea. Some also criticized the way the K-drama glorifies doctors. 

Considering the current situation and the negative comments the K-drama received, Resident Playbook was postponed.

On the other hand, The Midnight Romance in Hagwon is a drama that tells the story of academy instructor Seo Hye Jin (Jung Ryeo Won) and her student Lee Jun Ho (Wi Ha Joon). The K-drama should premiere in May.  

https://mydramalist.com/article/wi-ha-joon-and-jung-ryeo-won-s-k-drama-takes-time-slot-of-go-youn-jung-s-resident-playbook

Jung Ryeo Won and Wi Ha Joon`s drama will air in May. OK. But I see that the drama has another title. The Midnight Romance in Hanwon?

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] The Midnight Romance in Hagwon/ Graduation, 졸업- Jung Ryeo Won & Wi Ha Joon- Premieres on May 11

20240327024337_midnight-romance-in-hagwoWi Ha Joon And Jung Ryeo Won's "Midnight Romance In Hagwon" Confirms Premiere Date + Gives Heart-Fluttering First Look

Mar 27, 2024
by S Nam

Wi Ha Joon and Jung Ryeo Won’s upcoming drama “Midnight Romance in Hagwon” (previously known as “Graduation”) is gearing up for its premiere!

A new drama by director Ahn Pan Seok, who produced various hit romance dramas such as “Something in the Rain,” “One Spring Night,” and “Secret Love Affair,” “Midnight Romance in Hagwon” is set against the backdrop of Daechi, a neighborhood renowned as the epicenter of private education in Korea. The plot centers around an instructor who tirelessly assists a student named Lee Joon Ho (Wi Ha Joon) in gaining admission to a prestigious university. In a twist of fate, Lee Joon Ho later returns to the academy as a rookie instructor after resigning from a large company because he remains fixated on his first love, his academy teacher Seo Hye Jin (Jung Ryeo Won), even after becoming an adult.

Jung Ryeo Won will play Seo Hye Jin, a star lecturer who has been working in the field for 14 years. Seo Hye Jin is a character who doesn’t know defeat. Just as she was worrying about life and thinking about past regrets, Lee Joon Ho—the cheeky student she helped send to a prestigious university—brings unexpected changes to her life.

Wi Ha Joon will play rookie instructor Lee Joon Ho who shakes up the everyday life and feelings of his past instructor Seo Hye Jin. Leaving behind the opportunity of working at a large company where his future would be guaranteed, Lee Joon Ho returns to hagwon (private educational institution), where his life was dramatically turned around. Although Seo Hye Jin vehemently opposes this, Lee Joon Ho continues to approach Seo Hye Jin.

Along with confirmation of the drama’s May 11 premiere,  “Midnight Romance in Hagwon” unveiled a heart-fluttering first look at the drama. Seo Hye Jin and Lee Joon Ho make exhilarating eye contact while facing each other beneath the same umbrella as the rain pours down at a narrow alley in the Daechi hagwon district. Lee Joon Ho is a miracle case that made Seo Hye Jin a famous instructor. When he returns 10 years later, Seo Hye Jin begins to feel unfamiliar emotions, raising anticipation for their romance.

midnight-romance-in-hagwon.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1651416wpp/wi-ha-joon-and-jung-ryeo-wons-midnight-romance-in-hagwon-confirms-premiere-date-gives-heart-fluttering-first-look

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, March 27, 2024
8 5

The Midnight Romance in Hagwon, featuring Jung Ryeo Won and Wi Ha Joon, drops first still. 

tvN's upcoming weekend drama The Midnight Romance in Hagwon has confirmed its premiere date for May 11 and surprised fans with a still. 

The Midnight Romance in Hagwon tells the story of star lecturer Seo Hye Jin (Jung Ryeo Won) and her cheeky student Lee Jun Ho (Wi Ha Joon), whom she helped get into a prestigious university ten years earlier. The K-drama is set against the backdrop of Daechi, a neighborhood known as the heart of hagwons (private educational institutions) in South Korea.

Z8kmE8_2f.png

Jung Ryeo Won portrays the star lecturer Seo Hye Jin, who has been in the industry for 14 years. With solid expertise, she is a quietly competitive player who never gives up.

Wi Ha Joon plays the role of Lee Jun Ho, a rookie instructor who unexpectedly comes back into Seo Hye Jin's life. He threw away his job as a corporate employee at a large company that guaranteed him a secure career and returned to hagwon. He is the "Miracle of Daechi-dong", an extraordinary case that shot Seo Hye Jin to fame. 

The Midnight Romance in Hagwon will premiere on May 11.

https://mydramalist.com/article/jung-ryeo-won-and-wi-ha-joon-s-new-k-drama-drops-surprise-still

• Like 1

Jung Ryeo Won and Wi Ha Jun’s ‘The Midnight Romance in Hagwon’ Sets May Release Date and Unveils New Picture

124174989.1.jpg

tvN’s upcoming weekend drama The Midnight Romance in Hagwon has set its premiere for May 11th at 9:20 PM KST. The network has teased fans with a surprise photo featuring the electric chemistry between Jung Ryeo Won and Wi Ha Jun, heightening anticipation for the show’s premiere.

The Midnight Romance in Hagwon sketches the romance between star instructor Seo Hye Jin (Jung Ryeo Won) and the audacious newcomer instructor Lee Jun Ho (Wi Ha Jun). Set against the backdrop of Daechi-dong, where romance blooms under the cover of night, the drama promises to unfold the rich and intricate lives of hagwon instructors in a way that’s never been seen before. This drama marks the much-anticipated new work of director Ahn Pan Seok, celebrated for creating numerous melodramatic masterpieces such as Something in the Rain and Spring Night.

The melodramatic pairing of Jung Ryeo Won and Wi Ha Jun is poised to send hearts racing. Jung takes on the role of Seo Hye Jin, a 14-year teaching veteran who contemplates life beyond the podium until her former student, Lee Jun Ho, re-enters her life, bringing unexpected deviations to her reality. Wi Ha Jun portrays Lee Jun Ho, the new instructor who shakes up Seo Hye Jin’s everyday life and heart upon reuniting after a decade. Leaving behind a promising career at a major corporation, Lee Jun Ho returns to the academy that gave his life a dramatic twist, ready to boldly make his move on Seo Hye Jin.

The newly released photo heightens anticipation, capturing a heart-fluttering moment under a shared umbrella on a rainy alleyway. Seo Hye Jin and Lee Jun Ho are locking eyes, sending hearts racing. The two’s reunion at a critical juncture in their lives, much like ten years ago, sparks curiosity about the scenes they will unfold together.

The production team shared, “Like a gentle rain that soaks the ground, this romance will seep into the viewers’ hearts. Look forward to the thrilling synergy that Jung Ryeo Won and Wi Ha Jun will create with director Ahn Pan Seok.”

https://zapzee.net/2024/03/27/jung-ryeo-won-and-wi-ha-juns-the-midnight-romance-in-hagwon-premieres-may-11th/

• Like 1

March 27 2024

First still image & air date for tvN drama “The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”

The-Midnight-Romance-in-Hagwon-SI1.jpeg

First still image for upcoming tvN drama series “The Midnight Romance in Hagwon” starring Jung Ryeo-Won and Wi Ha-Joon. The romance drama series is set at a private academy where Jung Ryeo-Won plays Instructor Seo Hye-Jin and Wi Ha-Joon plays Instructor Lee Joon-Ho, who was once Seo Hye-Jin’s student. The ep.1 air date for the drama series has also been set for May 11, 2024 in tvN’s Saturday & Sunday 9:20 PM time slot after “Queen Of Tears” finishes. Originally, tvN spin-off drama series “Resident Playbook” was supposed to air from May 11, 2024, but that drama series has been postponed due to the current strike by doctors protesting the Korean government’s push to increase medical school admissions. The strike was first started by medical interns and residents, which “Resident Playbook” will focus on.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Seo Hye-Jin (Jung Ryeo-Won) has worked as a Korean language teacher at a private educational institute in the Daechi-neighborhood of Gangnam for the past 14 years. The neighborhood is known as the most competitive private education area in the nation. Recently, Seo Hye-Jin has agonized over her future post-teaching career and her past dream. At that time, her ex-student Lee Joon-Ho (Wi Ha-Joon) appears in front of her for the first time in 10 years. When Seo Hye-Jin taught him, she did her best to teach him and he made it into a prestigious university. That helped give her fame as an instructor. Lee Joon-Ho quit working for a big company and begins work as a rookie instructor at the same private educational where Seo Hye-Jin teaches.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-still-image-air-date-for-tvn-drama-the-midnight-romance-in-hagwon

• Like 1

News bites: March 27, 2024

by tccolb

a7e6120e-c220-4524-8b2b-841423413488.jpg

Also preparing for their budding spring schedule, tvN has lined up The Midnight Romance in Hagwon (previously Graduation), where umbrellas blossom a dreamy love for Jung Ryeo-won (May It Please the Court) and Wie Ha-joon (The Worst of Evil). It’s a signature scene for our PD Ahn Pan-seok (One Spring Night) – not that I’m arguing because pretty – who is working together with writer Park Kyung-hwa. The romance is slated to premiere on May 11, following Queen of Tears in the weekend slot. [MBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/03/news-bites-march-27-2024/

• Like 1