Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Best of the Rest of KDramas (2022) - Poll #2

agenth

Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Rest of the KDramas (2022)  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which daily and/or weekend dramas were your favorite in 2022? (Choose up to 4)

• The All-Round Wife
    • Bravo, My Life
    • Love Twist
    • Gold Mask
    • Second Husband
    • The Secret House
    • Young Lady and Gentleman
    • It's Beautiful Now
    • None / Something else.
  2. 2. Which c-dramas were your favorite in 2022? (Choose up to 5)

• Love between Fairy and Devil
    • Love like the Galaxy
    • The Oath of Love
    • Side Story of Fox Volant
    • She and her Perfect Husband
    • Immortal Samsara
    • Mirror: A Tale of Two Cities
    • The Blue Whisper
    • My Sassy Princess
    • Master of My Own
    • Who Rules the World
    • Heroes
    • A Dream of Splendor
    • Sword Snow Stride
    • Love in Flames of War
    • Be My Princess
    • The Autumn Ballad
    • City of Streamer
    • Because of Love
    • Something else. What? / none
  3. 3. Which of the rest of kdramas were your favorite in 2022? (Choose up to 5)

• Shooting Stars
    • Today's Webtoon
    • Woori the Virgin
    • The King of Pigs
    • Bad and Crazy
    • Love is for Suckers
    • The Empire
    • Link: Eat, Love, Kill
    • Juvenile Justice
    • Bad Prosecutor
    • Good Job
    • Kiss Sixth Sense
    • Once Upon A Small Town
    • From Now On Showtime
    • All of Us Are Dead
    • Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area
    • Behind Every Star
    • The Murderer's Shopping List
    • Narco-Saints
    • Something else. what? / None.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2023 at 05:00 PM

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Wow.....your pacing is so fast.  Me, I don't really dig long EPs.   

:selfie2:What can I say,  some are so interesting he he. :glasses: At the moment I'm watching Flight To You  streaming through iQIYI (didn't realise in the beginning that it hasn't completed on the site yet.)

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

@liddi I've seen some trailers and promo shorts of Unexpected Falling and I liked what I saw. :) Adding it to my list. The story is somewhat controversial, no? And I get why you'd watch a drama due to the OST coz I'm like that too. ❤️ 

@YongZura⁷ Have you seen Reset? It's only 15 eps, but really, really good drama. There's that intense finale episode but the behind the scene video is really funny! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

21 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Chingu, I really think you would enjoy Reset. It's very, very good! And there's some legal/ police procedure in it. You can binge it on YouTube:

Trailer: https://youtu.be/9KAan0-WlHs

Episode 1 :): https://youtu.be/RBHjs84evZU

thanks, seeing as so many chingus here loved it, I'm sorry we ended up not putting it in a poll. Seems to be a crowd pleaser, so perhaps my first cdrama? :D 

11 hours ago, liddi said:

Enjoying it so far... would you believe I was drawn into watching it because of the opening instrumental theme, which is arguably one of the memorable I've heard. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it posted on Youtube, though the full soundtrack, composed by the incredibly talented 陈筱舒 Amy Chen, can be heard on NetEase

The ending song, which is a version of the main theme that drew me into this drama:

actually i totally understand watching a drama for the instrumentals. Under the Queen's Umbrella had amazing instrumentals. 

How do you like Unexpected Falling so far? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 6

12 hours ago, africandramalover said:

"She and her Perfect Husband" was the perfect CDrama. I was engrossed and addicted. The leads did a sterling job!! I need to rewatch it!!

This is another drama I'm planning to watch, cos Yang Mi, hehehe. Xu Kai too, who was great in Ancient Poetry. Though I've only seen trailers and promo videos, I really, really, really like Yang Mi's chic wardrobe and accesories. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

20 hours ago, africandramalover said:

"She and her Perfect Husband" was the perfect CDrama. I was engrossed and addicted. The leads did a sterling job!! I need to rewatch it!!:love:

I'm indirectly collecting all the "interesting" dramas to be watched later. Tq

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

I was only able to vote for one category in this poll, as I didn't watch any daily or weekend dramas, nor c-dramas.

I voted for Love is For Suckers even though the drama itself was super bad with a toxic main couple.

The reason was one of the 2nd lead couples who had the most organic and natural relationship progression - one that was not of the conventional kind.

We had the obnoxious but handsome player celebrity chef, Chef John, and the inexperienced, slightly chubby but extremely sweet webtoon writer, Jiwan. Total opposites who little by little got to know each other and slowly fell in love even though everyone watching the dating reality show expected the two of them to find partners who physically were more similar to them.

The story was so sweet many of us wanted a spin-off of just those two characters. :wub:

LIFS1112_2.jpg

John-Jang-and-Park-Ji-Wan-announcing-mar

If you want to watch their story, don't bother watching Love is for Suckers. :D

You can find a 38 minute video on YouTube called "Love is for Suckers (2022) - John and Ji-wan scenes only (Eng sub)" which details their journey together. If you want more context to understand their whole story, just search for the 1h 19 min video called "Love is for Suckers (2022) - John and Ji-wan Scenes (with context) - Eng sub" 

They are like a mini-drama.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

@MayanEcho So far I haven't seen anything particularly controversial in the drama, though it is early days :sweatingbullets: Am glad to know I'm not the only one who watches dramas for their music...  the right soundtrack definitely adds so much more to a movie or drama :wub:

@agenth You are giving me even more reasons to check out Under the Queen's Umbrella! Perhaps when real life is not as hectic. By the same token, my progress with Unexpected Falling is slow due to the pesky real life demands :sweatingbullets: It is a slow burn... but I like that the female lead, while prickly, is not stupid, and she is slowly figuring out red flags based on the trickling of information she is gathering about her late husband. The male lead on the other hand, is a massive red flag right now, but his motivations keep me guessing and I'm definitely invested to find out more. 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

2 hours ago, liddi said:

Am glad to know I'm not the only one who watches dramas for their music...  the right soundtrack definitely adds so much more to a movie or drama

More often than not I watch because of the OST and BGMs. :)

Just for laughs, you gotta see how music can really change a scene. :P

https://www.facebook.com/reel/841727680273865?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz

• LOL 4
  • Blob 3

Second Husband and Secret House were by far the best dailies of 2022. Second Husband for that awesome FL Sunhwa- seriously, she was kicking people's butts, that alone is IMPRESSIVE for a daily drama! Even the villain wasn't safe lol. Secret House because it picked up by the 2nd half, and it picked up remarkably well. Again the FL impressed me with her development, the female villain had an amazing performance too. It's the first daily where I actually liked the 2nd FL. And the plot twists were INCREDIBLE.

I dropped Gold Mask towards the middle, I think, because of the mediocre acting. And the terrible writing/acting choices. The plot was good but the acting and writing couldn't save it at all.

I also liked Eve. And that other drama with Soo-Ae, whose character was morally grey, but I dropped it. Was that even this year? Show Window: The Queen's House was good and I plan on watching Reflection of You. Mine was amazing as well, but I think that was 2021.

I don't watch c-dramas or most weekday dramas unless they're really interesting, because I'm not a fan of the rom-coms/historical dramas- only exceptions to historical dramas is if they're harem dramas like Jang Hee-Bin. I prefer melodramas or makjangs.

On 1/11/2023 at 4:16 AM, gm4queen said:

I'd love to try one!!

I have a long list of recommendations. But right now Vengeance of the Bride is pretty good, Witch's Game is suspenseful and there's 2 protagonists: Seol Yu-Kyung, the protagonist/FL played by the amazing Jang Seo-Hee, and Jung Hye-Soo, the deuteragonist played by Kim Kyu-Seon. I'm gonna be honest with you and say that the latter is not a great actress- the main reason why I even watched it was because of Jang Seo-Hee and her return to daily dramas/k-dramas in general.

• Love 4
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, chococarmela said:

seriously, she was kicking people's butts, that alone is IMPRESSIVE for a daily drama!

why is that impressive´:D do FLs usually not kick people's butts? my one and only daily temptation of wife was pretty impressive that way too, as far as i remember, haha.

This poll will end tonight! So if you have watched some dailies, cdrama or other kdrama that you want to see win, please take the opportunity to VOTE before it's over!

jodie whittaker thirteenth doctor GIF by Doctor Who

• LOL 2
  • Blob 2

I got to vote for only 2 dramas here. I didn't watch that many dramas in 2022, and surely their number dropped as compared to 2021. 

I actually loved "From Now Showtime", I started it off thinking it was based upon a magician and his crew solving crimes, which mostly was true, but I never thought (and read) that his crew was a team of ghosts. Pretty interesting concept for me, and I enjoyed the drama a lot. 

I also voted for Money Heist Korea, not full heartedly though. I didn't really like the first season, but then went for S2 since I heard they concluded the story in it. Overall, S2 was much better than S1, but there were still plot holes and some very out character stuff happening (I have not watched the original series, so I am not sure how much it followed the original one in the final season). Still, I enjoyed the second season more, which made the drama fine for me overall, so I voted for it. 

Other than these, there are some dramas in the list here which I have actually "paused indefinitely", like "King of Pigs", "Juvenile Justice" and "Good Job". No specific reason for pausing them, I didn't drop them, so I plan to go for them one by one asap. 

Narco Saints and Killer's Shopping List have been in my watchlist, and I am not really sure when they will get their turn to be watched. :piggydance:

• Blob 4

RESULTS: Soompi Forums Awards: Poll #2

Thanks for voting for the best of 2022. We really like to present the awards, to see what has moved our forum chingus, and what has not. If you find yourself longing to watch a drama, perhaps look at this list of award-winning dramas and you know what to watch next! 

The Best Daily/Weekend Dramas of 2022

Dailies are not the taste of everyone, sometimes because there are too many episodes, or sometimes the storyline is trope-y. 

However, these dramas have convinced our passionate daily fans: 

Young Lady and Gentleman - 9 votes - 3rd place

A young tutoer and a widower fall in love. Reminiscent of Mary Poppins perhaps, this drama has still managed to win third place! Congrats! 

Spoiler

b080d3fa9252573b3d69471a1b36e4ee459f70c1

Second Husband - 10 votes - 2nd place

A revenge tale about a woman who had the picture perfect life (sweet candy shop owner, even), whose life was destroyed by - yes a cheating - husband. But viewers loved how she moved past her ex and found another love (and her happy ending). 

Spoiler

79530edea28c43ecaeaf8efeb413fb52.jpg?x=b

It's Beautiful Now - 11 votes - 1st place

A popular slice-of-life drama about family and the power of love. Tune in to discover the light-hearted drama that will not stress you out. 

32051b766ba76306568ecd675c49fe9d405fdc0f

The Best of C-Dramas 2022

Cdramas - ah the many episodes rivalling dailies, the majestic palaces and the epic fight scenes.... 

Who Rules the World - 10 votes - 3rd place

A sweeping tale about martial arts and politics and love - this drama has hidden identities and hijinks! Also a drama based on a novel, perhaps a bit of a slow pace hindered this drama to become top place! 

Spoiler

c2e5397a688addbd60ffea0048cf64a409d6ab01

Love between Fairy and Devil - 16 votes - 2nd place

This cdrama was popular enough to become 2nd place - and more importantly ;) - a clue for the Soompi Forums Christmas Calendar 2022. This drama narrated forbidden love - about a fairy saving a demon and then falling in love. 

Spoiler

love-between-fairy-and-devil-every-drop-

Love Like the Galaxy - 19votes - 1st place

Based on the novel 'The Stars are Brilliant, Fortunately Even Wow,' this popular Cdrama has won the hearts of Soompi Forums chingus! The drama has realistic characters and a deep, complex plot and drama watchers say YES!

6cfcbb234f5c0695fd1c1b46cf88e54831984dc5

Honourable Mention:  Reset  - Not voteable as missing in our poll but mentioned by many Soompi Forum chingus! 

d9f4de9e24f27bb3d64d972efa9e24ae155f8afe

Best of the Rest of KDramas of 2022

Rest of the Kdramas is a new category for the Soompi Forums Awards of 2022 and means the kdramas that didn't make it to the "Best of Kdramas" poll. Here you can still award the Kdramas that didn't make the cut, only here, if you voted for these dramas....

Bad and Crazy - 13 votes - 3rd place

Dumb and dumber and buddy-cop revamped. This mystery-action-thriller tells us about a crazy person appearing in a corrupt cop's life. See how his world his upturned down...

Spoiler

bad-and-crazy-kdrama.gif

All of Us are Dead - 15 votes - 2nd place

the whole town is turned into zombies.... is that perhaps why people liked it enough to vote for second place? Watch the drama before Season 2 arrives! 

Spoiler

4cf96736023c30e5a6b7dadea531c5a6642817e5

Juvenile Justice  - 16 votes - 1st place

Juvenile deliquency and how it plays out: Juvenile Justice has shown us viewers a few cases. the character-driven legal drama has touched hearts of Soompi Forums chingus! Congrats! 

7bc50a739f6797c6da0b3c37fc10adba8a31321f

Thank you for participating in our event! Please look forward to a Quick Poll launching next week which will feature dramas set to air in 2023. :glasses:

As always, if you have any event ideas, do not hesitate to reach out to:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Love 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/19/2023 at 2:58 PM, partyon said:

Chinguya.... Aren't you forgetting the FL from Man in a Veil? She assaulted everyone - my ears included - with her voice :unamused:

I never finished it. Couldn't stand Yura's screaming and the daily went south fast. I still hate the mother. Yura was one crazy [censored]. :rage:

• LOL 2

• 2 weeks later...