Quick Poll: Kimchi Slap - Your Weapon of Choice?

partyon

Quick Poll: Kimchi Slap - Your Weapon of Choice?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. You're playing the FL in a makjang kdrama/cdrama/Thai lakorn. You're about to pretend to slap the annoying and evil 2nd FL who is trying to steal the man you've been eyeing for a while. Your weapon of choice? (choose max 5)

• Kimchi
    • Seaweed
    • Au naturel. Only the palm of my hand!
    • Cake
    • Kimbap roll
    • Flower bouquet
    • Doenjang (soybean paste)
    • Pillow
    • Fish
    • Spaghetti
    • Samgyeopsal (grilled pork belly)
    • Pizza slice
    • A local dish from your country
    • Flour
    • Throwing water in her face is enough
    • A bunch of scallions (onions)
    • None of the above. Am a pacifist and even though I would only pretend to slap in the drama, I would prefer to use my words to resolve the issue.
    • Something else. What?
    • Steak/pork cutlet
  2. 2. What would you enhance the slap scene with? (choose as many as you like)

• Dramatic music
    • Several flashbacks of the slap scene
    • Everyone's eyes widening in horror before the slap
    • A dramatic buildup before the slap between the FL and 2nd FL
    • The ML's stunned look
    • The slap scene replayed in slow motion
    • Shocked gasps of neighborhood ahjummas
    • ML screaming "Andwe!"
    • I would rather that my hand got caught in the car window and I would slap by "mistake" the 2nd FL standing on the side of the road. lol
    • The 2nd FL's rage afterwards
    • Catfight after the slap
    • 2nd FL falling backwards losing her balance, getting tangled into the drapes and almost choking (see gif / video for reference)
    • Screaming "Ya!" at the same time as you deliver the slap
    • Your future MIL (who wants the 2nd FL as her daughter-in-law, not you) walking into the scene right as the slap happens
    • Your humiliated mother crying in a corner
    • Afterwards, the 2nd FL chomping away on the food you slapped her with
    • Let the Truck of Doom finish the 2nd FL off afterwards! Muahaha....
    • None of the above. Am a pacifist and couldn't even pretend to slap someone in a drama.
    • Something else. What?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/2022 at 09:00 AM

QUICK POLL: Kimchi Slap - Your Weapon of Choice?

Picture this:

YOU are PLAYING the Female Lead (FL) in a makjang kdrama/cdrama/Thai lakorn.

You're about to PRETEND to slap the annoying and evil 2nd FL who is trying to steal the man (Male Lead) you've been eyeing.

de47f8b60374285e8033c114b4d6884c7d8605c6

What will be your weapon of choice for the slap?

Is it gonna be kimchi?

kimchi-slap.gif

Or are you the pacifist who would rather slap her by "mistake" ? While your hand is stuck in the car window and the 2nd FL is standing on the side of the road?

How will you enhance the slap?

Dramatic buildup before the actual slap?

dramaticbuildup.gif

Or maybe a dramatic end result from the slap?

soap-opera-india.gif

Your choice!  Feel free to comment below. :kiss_wink:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

tagging:

Spoiler

@pompyavi @Drama Bowl @singlebilingual  @SilverDawn  @larus @sadthe1st  @gm4queen @Min2206 @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian @MayanEcho @joccu  @Thong Thin @kokodus  @Ameera Ali @superspace @000231846597

@msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH @kdramagrandma    @Megan @ChibiLy @innayoooos @louie_999 @Lunita @RollyPenny @LovelyBirdAndYoo   @Rogue85  @sunnynotsunhee @Pyar 

@dolorisbrady  @willenette @rocher22  @africandramalover  @The.Lannister @wze2702 @rubyminho @ElectricHearts @BinJinBest   @Piggycloy @SuZy Leoo   @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  

@tas82 @nina_mitrokhina @Gisell Gisell @Jeannie @Sakurafairy  @hahanzyy   @gtLmh0622 @Jiyuu @Anjalifairy @cafe99   @kittyna  @Edgar Pordwed@samzi85

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @Prettysup @Ayame @yoeda @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @leeminhosny @morningdew @flutterby06 @kembie @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @ktcjdrama  @nrllee  

@UnniSarah @booha   @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ  @maribella  @pauliza  @princessaves   @valinor500    @anyeze 

@hola2jin   @xoxogkxoxo @debbsthebee @MrEildriz  @airgelaal @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly @charray @usadango @Ms.sunshine 

@pad-hari   @Naty828 @tofumochu @Yinye  @Firefly @CA C @SophieH  @lexicon   @Areumdaun  @pixie0622

@asiaren   @blackberrypie @SweetLullaby   @belena    @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh @brooksmom @LeftCoastOppa   

@frozentundra  @Gretule  @Rogue85  @louie_999  @Romulan  @ibru @itsmeash @RobinM @rocat   @morganian  @lovehuche   @shadowhawk  @Rumaizah Muhammed   @Hannahmiriam  @Tamakins    

@chococarmela @SC2019 @ferily @serenilmauve    @Emily Bett   @Lmangla

@Prettysavage @andy78 @shinkeru @TheQueenReturns @lilian c  @Maliah @-JC-    @D27Gjk68    @Sunset @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae @prince1401 @wildcherry @jongkkot @orion00  @Madu Mita  @chickfactor @DrBooger @tiMadam @Andrea Balcazar  @hsmz  @Sky Kang  

@bee_wannabe  @tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321 @Arkahd  @the_sweetroad @L A @Chesleigh @hyall  @j9sshi  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @sgclear    @angela0612  @Kate Llama  @hahanzyy 

@kimlees    @lduc   @czakhareina  @anyeze  @jadore1 @haruhi17  @ssteph  @lila21    @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo   @Manngo 

@TheaN @wywp  @balletgoddess   @Lusiana    @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@-Love Blossom-  @2d1n_fan  @0ly40  @AkiChan  @ammu82  @an-naum  @Annykey  @anzomi  @aprilfive  @Asimina Rodousaki  @Banshee Dragon   @bunnycotton143   @Carolina Baracaldo   @cherry47  @Chin Yan  @ChyuuNyuu   @DontEatMyKimchi  @DreamCatcher2011

@Ela Dee  @Eleve_ag  @Fata Morgana   @Haeun  @Hum4ir4  @Idylla Kaizoku  @illay  @iqna  @irilight  @jewellangela    @Kari Sama  @Kathy  @knkg  @Leeboyoung0112  @leo2020  @libra22  

@Man-O-Man  @mizv  @momosik   @Nermeen نرمين  @Pink_Bubbles4U  @pnaysurfer84  @pocca   @Rabbit_Small  @roli  @rrongrrong   @sugarcream @Table122000  @u8017  @vintage  @whome  @Zehra Dogan 

@Bleu Winter  @Jessie29 @Legslo  @Newbie21SG @Helena @caterpillar59

@omiki @junejungki @lilyphenix @Tuiwgn @Jcanqueen12   

All gif/video credits go to their owners

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

okay i used all my 3 gif quota to a post lol

The event section has a 5 image/gif rule though. Feel free to post a couple of more slaps :loolz:

The Kimbap roll slap:

anigif_sub-buzz-10364-1523343642-1.gif

The spaghetti slap:

pasta-slap.gif

The doenjang slap:

edfa5bf16911b830dbc8b5d95e8e04adbdfff165

The samgyeopsal slap:

171b3936363957b96de3f02ece48bcb8.gif

The funny thing is that the options in Q1 are from real scenes in dramas :D  Even the scallion slap was shown in ep 4 of Big Mouth on Saturday. 

Bonus: The pizza slice slap:

s5zkOgF.gif

Surely a favorite for @sadthe1st @MayanEcho and @LeftCoastOppa? :kiss_wink:

GIF Cr. to owners

• LOL 8

*** Don't get me wrong here - I'm a pacifist. I can fight by arguing because for me, there is always an alternative to violent conflict. Fighting is not a negative thing. It is part of our existence. Though I do feel we need some pacifism and I do want to make it a guiding aim of my life. Mostly, wars are largely unnecessary. I do believe that there always is a way out in everything but, I'm not a martyr, huh? - LOL - it's just that I prefer peace. :heart1:

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

43 minutes ago, rocat said:

that slap :lol:

That fish just jumped out of nowhere! :scream:

This one too:

smack-slap.gif

43 minutes ago, rocat said:

how it would be enhanced after delivery 

I forgot this option. Falling into a pool afterwards:

janie-asavahame-attack.gif

6 minutes ago, willenette said:

I do believe that there always is a way out in everything but, I'm not a martyr, huh? - LOL - it's just that I prefer peace. 

Yes chingu, I 100% agree with you. I could never slap anyone IRL. :kiss_wink:

This is a poll that is making fun of the kdrama/Thai lakorn trope. So therefore it's just for a bit of laughs regarding scenes we so often see in these dramas. :tounge_wink:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

The event section has a 5 image/gif rule though.

oh no.. i never realise that!!

sorry i’ve been shortchanging events..

Girl Fight GIF by Eccho Rights

love and hip hop #lhhny GIF by VH1

Cat Fight Pie In Face GIF by smackaysmith

1 hour ago, partyon said:

The Kimbap roll slap:

attorney woo would be so angry with the wastage of her favorite gimbap!!

• LOL 7

7 minutes ago, maribella said:

Or it's too expensive?

NOOO NOT THE STEAKS!!

even the pork belly slap was a waste.. fortunately its raw, so i can still wash off the dirt and continue barbequeing the meat

Pork Belly Korean GIF

actually i have seen the typical cat fights pulling hair and some nails clawing.. not so much of using food.. lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

14 minutes ago, maribella said:

I don't see any steak slap. Or it's too expensive?

Omo! Should I add it? I totally forgot about it. :crybaby:They used this in Welcome to Waikiki season 1.

The FL went for a job interview to a restaurant, and the manager said he wouldn't hire any women unless they would "go out with him". She slapped him in the face with a raw steak I believe.

EDIT: @sadthe1st Here's the video time stamped.

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 8
  • Wiggle 1

25 minutes ago, maribella said:

I don't see any steak slap. Or it's too expensive?

I don't think violence solves anything but in kdramas, I've wanted to slap the FL and ML in a few shows. Enhance it by snarling 'die, die'.

there was a pork cutlet slap in business proposal which was hilarious. basically grandpa is watching tv and is glued to his favourite drama. it is pretty hilarious to see this drama within a drama. 

scene on tv:

slap.png 

grandpa's reaction:

postslap.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Just now, Lmangla said:

there was a pork cutlet slap in business proposal which was hilarious. basically grandpa is watching tv and is glued to his favourite drama. it is pretty hilarious to see this drama within a drama. 

Okay, adding steak/pork cutlet to the poll now. :D

Jamkkanman - don't vote until I have added it.

:wow1:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Wiggle 1

1 minute ago, partyon said:

Okay, adding steak/pork cutlet to the poll now. :D

Jamkkanman - don't vote until I have added it.

already voted but no worries, like @sadthe1st, I was more concerned with the pork cutlet. it looked delicious and it was huge! crispy and cheesy. hahahahha.... so I won't be wasting food on a slap. :joy:

PPL.png 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

I was more concerned with the pork cutlet. it looked delicious and it was huge! crispy and cheesy. hahahahha.... so I won't be wasting food on a slap.

HAHAHAHA foodies unite!!

maybe the next time they can use something more irritable like glitter bomb.. although that could have been a health hazard..

sue sylvester glitter GIF

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 7
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

HAHAHAHA foodies unite!!

maybe the next time they can use something more irritable like glitter bomb.. although that could have been a health hazard..

kekeke... personally I like water or orange juice slaps because they don't seem as strenous. or better, just hand slap but when they always get stopped dramatically mid-way and I love how both give dagger eyes at each other. if it was a cartoon, there would be laser beaming out or magic air but since it is drama, there is loud music, gasps and zoom-ups on everyone in the room. love it! 

for pacifists like @willenette, tea cup throwing and breaking of plates is great alternative and just as dramatic. ofcourse no one gets hurt in those except the poor cutlery which is now one less. mirror breaking is also good to watch. 

I sound so violent that I enjoy watching things be broken. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Ahahaha, I'm waiting for the drama featuring durian peel slap. :lol:

IRL, if it ever gets physical I would punch, not slap, hahaha, and for sure I wasn't the troublemaker. It's also more likely that if I bother to retaliate, it would be verbally, and because it amuses me. 

0975048898b0bb28026d40d443da3cdc.jpg

ctto

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

Wait, is that Mr. Abs who just watched and didn't step in at all?!?!?!?! He just stood there and looked annoyed :scream:@nohamahamoud2002 @maribella @Lmangla @Ameera Ali

Can't believe there was no Kimbap involved. :hwaiting2:

Annoyed. Hmph could be.

The father is from Red Shoes. The woman, I haven't seen her lately.

I know the guy has great abs but his acting well ... needs a lot of work. 

He needs a bacon slap. That's it. 

@nohamahamoud2002 what's the show? 
I feel I should chip in and check out if there were abs in the show.

• LOL 9