Quick Poll: Kimchi Slap - Your Weapon of Choice?

partyon

Quick Poll: Kimchi Slap - Your Weapon of Choice?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. You're playing the FL in a makjang kdrama/cdrama/Thai lakorn. You're about to pretend to slap the annoying and evil 2nd FL who is trying to steal the man you've been eyeing for a while. Your weapon of choice? (choose max 5)

• Kimchi
    • Seaweed
    • Au naturel. Only the palm of my hand!
    • Cake
    • Kimbap roll
    • Flower bouquet
    • Doenjang (soybean paste)
    • Pillow
    • Fish
    • Spaghetti
    • Samgyeopsal (grilled pork belly)
    • Pizza slice
    • A local dish from your country
    • Flour
    • Throwing water in her face is enough
    • A bunch of scallions (onions)
    • None of the above. Am a pacifist and even though I would only pretend to slap in the drama, I would prefer to use my words to resolve the issue.
    • Something else. What?
    • Steak/pork cutlet
  2. 2. What would you enhance the slap scene with? (choose as many as you like)

• Dramatic music
    • Several flashbacks of the slap scene
    • Everyone's eyes widening in horror before the slap
    • A dramatic buildup before the slap between the FL and 2nd FL
    • The ML's stunned look
    • The slap scene replayed in slow motion
    • Shocked gasps of neighborhood ahjummas
    • ML screaming "Andwe!"
    • I would rather that my hand got caught in the car window and I would slap by "mistake" the 2nd FL standing on the side of the road. lol
    • The 2nd FL's rage afterwards
    • Catfight after the slap
    • 2nd FL falling backwards losing her balance, getting tangled into the drapes and almost choking (see gif / video for reference)
    • Screaming "Ya!" at the same time as you deliver the slap
    • Your future MIL (who wants the 2nd FL as her daughter-in-law, not you) walking into the scene right as the slap happens
    • Your humiliated mother crying in a corner
    • Afterwards, the 2nd FL chomping away on the food you slapped her with
    • Let the Truck of Doom finish the 2nd FL off afterwards! Muahaha....
    • None of the above. Am a pacifist and couldn't even pretend to slap someone in a drama.
    • Something else. What?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/2022 at 09:00 AM

4 hours ago, africandramalover said:

My slap will be replayed from all angles like an Indian telenovela!!:joy:

Never watched an Indian telenovela, but it sounds juicy! :joy:

Is it as nonsensical as a Latin telenovela?

slap-bitch.gif

tagging @Lmangla sweetie for answers...

1 hour ago, itsmeash said:

i don't like wasting food so it'd be my hand, a pillow, or throwing water. depends on my mood at that time. lol.

dramatic music, slow motion replay, 'ya!', and numerous flashbacks. bring it all on!

Like getting all the toppings on a pizza!  :joy:

The Office Pam GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Never watched an Indian telenovela, but it sounds juicy! :joy:

Is it as nonsensical as a Latin telenovela?

short answer: yes. 

:hahah!: 

will come back with a longer more precise answer later

• LOL 1

long answer @partyon -- indian telenovelas are like lakorns. the good ones have a balance of everything. the bad ones are really hilarious in their bad acting and nonsensical stories that have no connection to reality in any form. I recently found out that one drama got inspired by king kong and had a gorilla fall in love with the female lead for a few episodes. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDM70bs48cEEQ_WZwivid 

kekekek... if you are wondering how on earth people watch these atrocious dramas, it is basically folks tuning in after a long day of work and just munching their dinner while having something on in the background. so they end up laughing at the absurdities and unintended comedy of it all.  these dramas are good for trolls and memes and people love to laugh about it.

some channels lean into these bad dramas on purpose because they bring in ratings while other channels tend to be more serious and try to do good dramas more. some channels try to find a middle ground. so there is an audience for it all! 

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Thank you for voting and taking part in August's Quick Poll. :dorakiss:

It seems that fish, the palm of the hand and water were the most popular weapons of choice in the makjang dramas you were starring in!

troutslap.gif

That enhanced with dramatic music, replayed in slow motion and an effective "Ya!" when delivering the slap.

mighty-eagle-angry-birds.gif

BweJ.gif

We can almost picture the scene now.... :coolshades:

While this event was of course purely make believe and making fun of the slap drama trope, IRL we EOs believe in always solving conflicts using words - not violence. :kiss_wink: 

If you have any Quick Poll ideas, please do reach out to Your Event Organizers by PM or by tagging us in a post!

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

tagging: @Lmangla @africandramalover @rocat @sadthe1st @willenette @maribella @MayanEcho @nohamahamoud2002 @gm4queen @the_sweetroad @larus @LeftCoastOppa @Photo Photo @CarolynH @itsmeash

Gif cr. to owners

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

While this event was of course purely make believe and making fun of the slap drama trope, IRL we EOs believe in always solving conflicts using words - not violence. :kiss_wink: 

You mean words like this Noona...

On 8/10/2022 at 9:43 AM, partyon said:

I am calling her in to take care of So I with the Truck of Doom!

HAHA | Fortnite

:kiss_wink:

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 1