Hey Barbie, Let's Party!

confusedheart

Hey Barbie, Let's Party! A Surprise Poll is now up!  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have a Barbie growing up?

• Yess! I had the whole collection.
    • Not a collection but I had few, thanks to friends and family.
    • Never ever! I can't bear the sight of them.
    • None of the above. Anything else. Please comment.
  2. 2. Are you going to watch the new Barbie movie?

• When hell freezes over!
    • I have watched them all and all set to watch the latest.
    • I want to watch it to know what the hype is all about.
    • Want to know if it lives up to my old childhood memories.
    • None of the above. Anything else. Please comment.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/22/2023 at 10:55 AM

Hey Barbie!  Let's Party! :getmygrooveon:

Love her or Hate her, Barbie is here to stay!  :poledance:

With the release of the new Barbie movie, we were swept away in a tide of childhood nostalgia. We all have memories associated with Barbie. She is often most young girl's first best friend. 

So, for a change, we, the EOs thought of re-living our old childhood memories growing up with Barbie. 

And since we are obsessed with all things Korean, drama and definitely the actors (both male and female), who do you think would make a perfect Barbie and Ken?  Which actor and actress do you think is most suitable for a Korean version of the Barbie movie? :piggydance:

For me, Barbie has to be Song Hye-kyo  and Ken would be Kim Woo Bin. :biubiu:

Spoiler

Now We Are Breaking Up' Episodes 1-2 Fashion: Song Hye-Kyo As Ha Young-Eun  | InkiStyle

Spoiler

Kim Woo-Bin's Most Fashionable Looks On- And Off-Screen | Tatler Asia

We would love to listen to your memories of Barbies from your childhood. So do share.   :cheers:

Funny Memes and Jokes - Barbie Dolls - Wattpad

Fun Tip: If you search Barbie on Google, you'd find a burst of pink stars and the entire page turns pink! Try that!:wub:

Once again the credit for the stunning banner goes to our very talented chingu @gm4queen. Thank you for always coming up with a fabulous banner.  :heartxoxo:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

Tagging our chingus 

Spoiler

@MayanEcho  @joccu  @Thong Thin  @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  @superspace  @000231846597  @Wuzetian  @4evrkdrama  @Min2206  @gm4queen  @sadthe1st  @Learry  @larus  @SilverDawn  @singlebilingual  @pompyavi 

@SuZy Leoo  @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  @willenette  @rocher22  @africandramalover  @Pyar  @rogue  @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @RollyPenny  @Megan  @kdramagrandma  @msdot  @CallieP  @syntyche  @Nikaa  @JoannaID  @scrawford  @madmad min  @CarolynH

@tas82  @Gisell Gisell  @Jeannie  @Sakurafairy  @gtLmh0622  @Jiyuu  @kittyna 

@UnniSarah  @booha  @YongZura⁷  @maribella  @pauliza  @valinor500  @flutterby06  @kembie  @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @nrllee  @ktcjdrama  @Biology Lesson

@azureblue7  @Prettysup  @Ayame  @yoeda  @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @morningdew 

@hola2jin  @airgelaal  @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly  @usadango 

@pad-hari  @Naty828  @tofumochu  @Yinye  @Firefly  @SophieH 

@asiaren  @blackberrypie  @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh  @brooksmom  @LeftCoastOppa

@frozentundra  @rogue  @ibru  @itsmeash  @rocat  @Tamakins  @Hannahmiriam  @Rumaizah Muhammed 

@liyahsbutterfly @SC2019  @ferily  @serenilmauve  @Lmangla 

@Lu099  @andy78  @TheQueenReturns  @lilian c  @-jadecloud-  @D27Gjk68  @Sunset  @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae  @chickfactor  @DrBooger  @tiMadam  @hsmz 

@tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321  @Dhakra  @sweetroad  @hyall  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @angela0612  @Kate Llama 

@kimlees  @lduc  @anyeze  @jadore1  @haruhi17  @lila21  @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo 

@TheaN  @wywp  @balletgoddess  @Lusianaaolivary  @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@leo2020  @knkg @Kathy  @Kari Sama  @irilight  @illay  @Haeun  @Fata Morgana  @DreamCatcher2011  @cherry47  @bunnycotton143  @aprilfive  @anzomi  @Annykey  @an-naum  @ammu82  @AkiChan  @0ly40  @-Love Blossom-   

@CupcakeEonni  @Auntie Mame  @Yazusa    @cikqueen   

@SleepyKitty  @marrez1  @suga02pearl    @fieza1871  @Tuiwgn  @lilyphenix  @omiki  

@breakmyheart  @Rollito Deprimavera  @Pinkypoo  @ilovenico @Jcanqueen12 @Newbie21SG @Helena  @caterpillar59

@whome  @u8017  @vintage  @Table122000  @sugarcream  @roli  @Rabbit_Small  @pocca  @Nermeen نرمين   @Man-O-Man  

@mirimiri  @byeolie  @Angelfish  @Lindyloo421  @yamiyugi     

All image/gif credits go to their respective owners

• Like 5
    • Love 7
    • Awesome 2
    • Thanks 1
    • Wiggle 1
    • Blob 2

• confusedheart changed the title to Hey Barbie, Let's Party!

i always thought Park Min Young had a doll-like appearance, plus she looks eternally young... 

park-min-young.gifg%C3%A1i-park-min-young.gif

For Ken I pick 

song-joong-ki.gif

He also has a super youthful appearance and is actually older than you'd think. Plus he's got a bright smile to light up a room! 

• Like 7
    • Love 1
    • Wiggle 3
    • Blob 3

1 hour ago, confusedheart said:

Fun Tip: If you search Barbie on Google, you'd find a burst of pink stars and the entire page turns pink! Try that!

I did it. It turns pink, indeed. :love:

I did not grow up with Barbie so I don`t have any attachment to Barbie and Ken. :sweatingbullets:

@agenth, good choices. I don`t have any idea.

• Like 6
    • Love 3
    • Wiggle 2
    • Blob 1

@confusedheart thanks for tagging me:heartxoxo:my mom was the one who introduced me to Barbie dolls she had a quite collections of classic barbie , i am waiting and excited for the opening here in my location(Barbie movie) on July21:D.  i am more on the " It girl Barbie " version

b5336d139cf554db468de2662e5a07de2717412c.gifv

53e507e958ddee1ebebd6ade6dd7be42fc641835.gifv

c t o

7 hours ago, larus said:

@larus chingu me too.:D

8 hours ago, confusedheart said:

who do you think would make a perfect Barbie and Ken?  Which actor and actress do you think is most suitable for a Korean version of the Barbie movie? :piggydance:

For the younger  version of barbie i like  kim yoo jung , i think she will  be fit for the role:thumbsup:

img.gif

Spoiler

f075fcbc3aa10f118734040d4fa5e502.gif

and for the role of KEN i can only think of Cha Eunwoo:Pandabulous:

#island from stressed depressed lemon zest.

00ecc9ef968efa1bdb3238e3111c5d1065157a37.gifv

cto

• Like 6
    • LOL 1
    • Love 2
    • Wiggle 2
    • Blob 1

All my Barbie dolls were gifts. ^_^ My parents didn't really have to buy me toys thanks to doting aunts and uncles. :lol:

As for someone who can be an Asian Barbie, I'd be choosing the Chinese actress Dilraba Dilmurat.

xsc-1567094595.jpg?crop=0.502xw:1.00xh;0

ctto

c1-1636518025.jpg?crop=0.486xw:0.971xh;0

ctto

13d900eea00d90864f59dc215cb82092.jpg

ctto

• Like 6
    • Love 2
    • Awesome 1
    • Wiggle 1
    • Blob 1

I loved my Barbies.

I had only 2 as far as I can remember.

I had a whole cabinet (made to look like a dollhouse) as their house.

With 3 floors, 1 is their receiving room, and the other two as their rooms.

Sadly, I have no pictures of it.

• Like 6
    • Love 2
    • Wiggle 2
    • Blob 1

10 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

When my sisters would leave all those Barbie accessories laying around ... stuff like this happened :rolleyes:

now I am suspicious of your claim that no dolls were harmed in your home:rolleyes:

• LOL 11

*** When I was a little girl, Barbie was ‘the’ doll to have. Perhaps no other doll is more famous than Barbie. She was pretty and she had a gorgeous wardrobe.  Although, I certainly don’t recall feeling that I should be like Barbie. When I was little I owned a few Barbie dolls. But, I don’t have any attachment to this doll. I remember I would just play with her just to please my friends.  I was more into Hello Kitty – hahaha – I guess this is the reason why I still own Hello Kitty from my childhood.  :Megalol:

I’m not bluffing at all! But, for me Song Joong Ki is suitable to be Ken in case, he’s not going with Ken’s blonde style. If not, I might faint from the sight of blonde Joong-Ki. – LOL - :Megalol:      Seriously, I can’t think of any Korean actor/actress who’s suitable for a K-version of the Barbie movie. But, for Idols, the first girl came in my mind is BLACKPINK Lisa as Barbie. Her bangs side profile kinda reminds me of Barbie. She has this doll-like visual, with her large sparkly eyes, small face, light colored hair and long legs. Now, going to Ken, IDK but BTS V/Taehyung came to my mind. He’s very CUTE.  :heart2:

• Like 4
    • Awesome 1
    • Wiggle 1
    • Blob 2

Hi everyone,  and thanks for tagging me. Great theme to chat)))

In my childhood I owned a classic Barbie, a German Barbie version called Petra and a Sophie Loren-looking "Barbie" version (whoes originals are unfortunately unknown) :). The coolest thing among my friends was to own not only a doll, but a huge number of outfits, furniture, cars and a big Barbie house). Since buying it all was pretty expensive, we asked our relatives to sew different clothes and my dad made tiny pieces of furniture and even painted it all in pink:wub:. I also remember I loved to cut those dolls' hair according to my beauty standards, hehe, so at some point poor dolls all ended up with pixie cuts:D.

However certainly at some point I grew out of it, and later donated everything to our neighbon's daughters. 

Not sure I'm very interested into watching Barbie movie, however I feel a certain amount of nostalgia while thinking about seeing the dolls of my childhood getting a voice). 

Re the topic,  I totally agree with @MayanEcho, Dilraba Dilmurat is a perfect candidate. I know she is not Korean, but she has the looks and an ability to portray the all-smiling Barbie).

And for Ken I can't see anyone but Park Bo Gum taking the role. IMO he has the required amount of sweetness and ability to have a manly look (then needed). 

• Like 2
    • Love 3
    • Wiggle 2
    • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Hi everyone,  and thanks for tagging me. Great theme to chat)))

In my childhood I owned a classic Barbie, a German Barbie version called Petra and a Sophie Loren-looking "Barbie" version (whoes originals are unfortunately unknown) :). The coolest thing among my friends was to own not only a doll, but a huge number of outfits, furniture, cars and a big Barbie house). Since buying it all was pretty expensive, we asked our relatives to sew different clothes and my dad made tiny pieces of furniture and even painted it all in pink:wub:. I also remember I loved to cut those dolls' hair according to my beauty standards, hehe, so at some point poor dolls all ended up with pixie cuts:D.

However certainly at some point I grew out of it, and later donated everything to our neighbon's daughters. 

Not sure I'm very interested into watching Barbie movie, however I feel a certain amount of nostalgia while thinking about seeing the dolls of my childhood getting a voice). 

Re the topic,  I totally agree with @MayanEcho, Dilraba Dilmurat is a perfect candidate. I know she is not Korean, but she has the looks and an ability to portray the all-smiling Barbie).

And for Ken I can't see anyone but Park Bo Gum taking the role. IMO he has the required amount of sweetness and ability to have a manly look (then needed). 

@leo2020  like you, I feel the same way. I'm not interested in the film. I'm honestly not feeling it though. I'm not hyped. Not sure how to explain it, but I don't really like the marketing campaign for it either. I think it's how they're trying to say it's a meta film. That's just not my thing.   :cheers:

• Like 4
    • Love 2
    • Wiggle 1
    • Blob 1

:waves: guys!

Thank you so much @confusedheart chingu for the tag! :heart:

Yeah, I know. I am late to the party as usual. By the way, Ken doesn't wear eye-glasses, right?? Then I've got nothing more to say. My Daniel oppa doesn't even count on this one!!!! Ha ha ha... :joy:

Having fun reading other chingus' choices! :piggydance:

• LOL 6
    • Wiggle 1
    • Blob 1

I didnt grow up with Barbie dolls and Im pretty indifferent to it all.

But I plan to go to the movie premiere and only if the person, Im going with, allows me

to wear a Barbie Tiara.

If the person finds it a bit embarrassing I will go alone.  :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRL4y7AieH6mXS7PkBxMn4

• LOL 8

I had a couple of Barbie dolls in my youth. Their hair was always what got my hands busy combing and knotting. So someone with good hair.
    That could be chopped if it ever got tangled and she’d still look good.

Suzy would probably be one k-actress who could be a Barbie with her nice long hair or chopped in a Hime cut. 

I don’t like Ken. :lol:

so I don’t wish for anyone to play him.

• Like 1
    • Shocked 1
    • LOL 6

On 7/17/2023 at 10:22 AM, Lmangla said:

now I am suspicious of your claim that no dolls were harmed in your home:rolleyes:

I have my suspicions as well now :notsureifserious:

On 7/16/2023 at 11:48 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

When my sisters would leave all those Barbie accessories laying around ... stuff like this happened :rolleyes:

Chingu you got to clarify,

• Did you harm the Barbie Accessories but not the dolls?
    • Would you play with your car toys when those stuff were laying around causing your cars to crash?
    • Or are our suspicions true on your previous claim on no harm was done to dolls?

2Z41.gif

Talking about Korean Actress and Actor who could be cast as Barbie and Ken, I guess I would go with 

Barbie - Lee Sung Kyun 

168332.jpg

Ken - Taecyeon

HeartBeat-star-Taecyeon-is-not-taking-an

• LOL 5
    • Awesome 2

40+ Funniest So-Accurate Relatable Memes - Memes Funny Photos Videos

Apologies for the delay in responding. Real life happened or rather 

Boss from Hell - BizSpace

arrived and my plans went for a toss.

On 7/16/2023 at 11:45 PM, agenth said:

doll-like appearance, plus she looks eternally young

On 7/16/2023 at 11:45 PM, agenth said:

He also has a super youthful appearance and is actually older than you'd think

Ah yes, I want that elixir too. :transforms:

On 7/16/2023 at 11:48 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

@LeftCoastOppa after such 'accidents'....

Tony Stark Explosion GIFs | Tenor

@agenth and @partyon We need to launch the next edition of Soompi Survival Game for @LeftCoastOppa seeing how he survived after massacring his sisters' beloved Barbies! 

On 7/17/2023 at 12:11 AM, larus said:

I discovered it while researching for the event. What childhood toys do you have any fond memories of? Have you watched any of the Barbie movies? Keen on the latest one?

On 7/17/2023 at 3:54 AM, Learry said:

she had a quite collections of classic barbie ,

I'd get few on my birthdays till I grew out of them. I even had those accessories like the kitchen  set etc. 

On 7/17/2023 at 3:54 AM, Learry said:

and for the role of KEN i can only think of Cha Eunwoo:Pandabulous:

OMO! That's a resounding yes from me too. He is perfection!:love:When did you fall for him, chingu. I think for me it was My ID is a Gangnam Beauty. I want him as my classmate too. But then, I'd not get any studies done if he were in my class. I'd ogle at him all day. :heart2beat:

On 7/17/2023 at 4:58 AM, MayanEcho said:

All my Barbie dolls were gifts. ^_^ My parents didn't really have to buy me toys thanks to doting aunts and uncles. :lol:

Yeah, I was blessed to have too many too count aunts and uncles too. Perks of having a large family. Did you have the doctor Barbie?

On 7/17/2023 at 4:58 AM, MayanEcho said:

'd be choosing the Chinese actress Dilraba Dilmurat.

She's so pretty!:love:

On 7/17/2023 at 8:11 AM, ElleSor said:

I had only 2 as far as I can remember.

I had a whole cabinet (made to look like a dollhouse) as their house.

With 3 floors, 1 is their receiving room, and the other two as their rooms.

Sadly, I have no pictures of it.

I had a big kitchen set and a doctor set. I was promised a doll house but then it never materialized. :tears: I got lots of accessories too- hair, dresses etc. 

On 7/17/2023 at 10:22 AM, Lmangla said:

I am wondering how @LeftCoastOppa survived after the massacre. :naughty:

On 7/17/2023 at 12:14 PM, willenette said:

Hello Kitty – hahaha – I guess this is the reason why I still own Hello Kitty from my childhood.  :Megalol:

Oooh I have fond memories of Hello Kitty too. I think the first time I came to know of it's existence was when ,y father returned from Japan , bring with him all things Hello Kitty. My most precious among them was a Hello Kitty watch, my first watch in this lifetime. :issohappy:

Seriously, I can’t think of any Korean actor/actress who’s suitable for a K-version of the Barbie movie

Agreed but I don't mind Barbie and Ken with dark hair. 

Now, going to Ken, IDK but BTS V/Taehyung came to my mind. He’s very CUTE.  :heart2:

@kokodus will be extremely happy to know of this. 

I’m not bluffing at all! But, for me Song Joong Ki is suitable to be Ken in case,

That's an interesting choice. Why him? I actually suggested Song Hye-kyo as Barbie. I wonder if we are giving ideas here..... :wink:

On 7/17/2023 at 2:14 PM, leo2020 said:

The coolest thing among my friends was to own not only a doll, but a huge number of outfits, furniture, cars and a big Barbie house). Since buying it all was pretty expensive, we asked our relatives to sew different clothes and my dad made tiny pieces of furniture and even painted it all in pink:wub:. I also remember I loved to cut those dolls' hair according to my beauty standards, hehe, so at some point poor dolls all ended up with pixie cuts:D.

I once tried giving her a new hairstyle, gosh, that was my first and last attempt. My mother was so horrified. As you pointed out, they were expensive and mostly received as gifts on birthdays, so my mother was horrified to see the Barbie desecrated.  :grin:

On 7/17/2023 at 2:27 PM, willenette said:

@leo2020  like you, I feel the same way. I'm not interested in the film. I'm honestly not feeling it though. I'm not hyped. Not sure how to explain it, but I don't really like the marketing campaign for it either. I think it's how they're trying to say it's a meta film. That's just not my thing.   :cheers:

My nieces are super excited and hyped. I think we will go watch it only for them. Too much pink everywhere. Apparently, they ran out of pink paint as everything on the set was constructed and no VFX  used. 

23 hours ago, gm4queen said:

My Daniel oppa doesn't even count on this one!!!! Ha ha ha... :joy:

Chingu, you need to fish for other oppas as back-up. :naughty:

13 hours ago, Gumiho said:

For me korean version for barbie from movie actress is .. Giana Jun.. her long straight hair, her long legs, her face bone, she’s a perfect living barbie :heart4:

Yeah, she is pretty indeed. And she never seems to age like Barbie. :wub:

She looked like a mermaid indeed in The Legend of the Blue Sea. How are your little ones doing, chingu? Keeping you busy? Are you going to take them to watch the new Barbie movie?

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

But I plan to go to the movie premiere and only if the person, Im going with, allows me

to wear a Barbie Tiara.

If the person finds it a bit embarrassing I will go alone.  :D

Let us know how it transpired. Don't keep us on tenterhooks. Hope you get to wear the tiara.

2 hours ago, rocat said:

Suzy would probably be one k-actress who could be a Barbie with her nice long hair or chopped in a Hime cut. 

I thought of Suzy too for a second. 

2 hours ago, rocat said:

I don’t like Ken. :lol:

so I don’t wish for anyone to play him.

I won't mind if a K celeb plays Ken. :biubiu:They are sooooooooooooo perfectly handsome. 

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Taecyeon

No! No Vincenzo references here!

Sos GIFs | Tenor

@LeftCoastOppa would now suggest a bird that shall not be named as the next Ken. 

• LOL 7
    • Love 2
    • Awesome 1
    • Blob 2

42 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

Did you have the doctor Barbie?

No, but I had the Peaches 'N Cream, Island Fun Barbie and Ken, and a couple more that I received out of the box. :sweatingbullets:

I loved how Barbie's knees can be bent and the arms and neck are also posable. 

7 hours ago, rocher22 said:

to wear a Barbie Tiara.

If the person finds it a bit embarrassing I will go alone.

:hwaiting: Rock the tiara!

• Love 1
    • Blob 6

@confusedheart hello chingu!! Thanks for tagging me to this barbie thread :dontwanna:

I am very busy with my 2 little boys and of course my job :relaxed: btw I have never went to the movie theater since I don’t know when HAHAHA so forget about barbie movie :lol: There is no me time for me now.. but it’s okhay.. this wont be too long. When my boys grow up, age 7-8 they will busy with their own things and they will forget me. HAHAHA .. I just need to enjoy this childhood moment with them <3 

• Like 1
    • Blob 3