My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

On 11/24/2023 at 5:42 PM, kdramaenthusiastdave said:

@kdramaenthusiastdave  yes, because I was always there every year spending my Christmas before pandemic.   :heart2:

On 11/24/2023 at 9:25 PM, partyon said:

No offense taken. :D He is my bias and even if he had enlisted in active duty, I would have been highly surprised if he would have come back with abs. :D He's the most lightweight in BTS.

Yoongi has other qualities :wub:

@partyon  I guess I agree with you - It looks like he's the lightest amongst them all. I can assume that his body frame is relatively smaller than the rest. While I guess JK is the heaviest member. Since I haven't seen them in person, is Suga really pale and V really handsome? I was told by my friend who's an Army that V & RM have tan skin.   I noticed about Suga that he's likely the most reserved but, smart in BTS. I believe that he's smart because he writes, composes, arranges, mixes, and masters his own material. He's one of those people who acts cold at times and sometimes acts like he doesn't care. But, he plays piano well aside from Jin.   :hypehype:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

On 11/24/2023 at 3:13 AM, rocher22 said:

As Long As We Both Shall Live...

Ren Meguro is Best Emerging Actor award winner from TAMA Cinema Forum for his role as Kudou Kiyoka :)

Ahahaha, I think he's a favourite subject to shoot by his fellow Snow Man member Koji.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

My Corner of Soompi - Winter Edition 

Thanks to everyone who participated ! It was interesting to hear what had been going on in your corners of Soompi lately, as well as, how you are gearing up for the upcoming holidays. :kiss_wink:

The winners of the poll are:

#1 : "Silent Night" - 10 votes

A carol composed in 1818 in Germany - originally called "Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht". Here in its original language:

#2 tied: "All I Want For Christmas is You" - Mariah Carey - 8 votes

Despite being released in 1994, this song didn't become a number one hit until 2019!

#2 tied: "Last Christmas" - Wham! - 8 votes

This popular song was released in 1984 and was set to become a #1 hit, but lost to Band Aid's Christmas single "Do They Know Its Christmas?". It finally got its #1 spot on the charts in 2020.

#2 tied: "O Holy Night" - 8 votes

Originally a French Christmas carol composed in 1847. It has reached #1 positions on the charts several times with different artists. Here, the original French version "Cantique de Noël":

Don't forget that we Event Organizers are launching our annual December event on Friday 1st of December! Make sure to be back then for some fun while we count down to Christmas and the New Year.

:dorakiss:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

tagging: @MayanEcho @frozentundra @kokodus @joccu @lebeaucouple @gm4queen @Lmangla @kingpin @LeftCoastOppa @CarolynH @willenette @kdramaenthusiastdave @YongZura⁷ @sweetroad @usadango @ElleSor @larus @rocher22

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

• 2 months later...

For 2024, I am currently watching the following and my opinions are :

My Happy Ending - nothing fantastic

Marry My Husband - nothing fantastic

Captivating the King - nothing fantastic at the early stage
Doctor Slump - EP 1 is boring at the moment, not sure how the story goes...

A Shop for Killers - storyline is quite unique, fast pace and unpredictable...so far I enjoyed it, but not sure how the ending goes? 

The Bequeathed (2024) - I binge watched this drama, and I love it - What A thrilling, mysterious and suspenseful journey all the way for this drama....

Now I would like to recommend something unusual and interesting Kdrama to watch - called LONG TIME NO SEX (LTNS) - The six-episode Kdrama dark comedy series, story is about a married couple whose sex life has become inactive due to their life's weariness, they blackmail unfaithful couples (appeared on each episode) to earn extra money. The wife, Woo-Jin (played by Esom) and Husband, Samuel (played by Ahn Jae-Hong). Each episode carries a different meaning of the story and how I like about the script writer who can manage well on the ending part of each episode. The ending for each episode appears to be open-ended, but it could implicit at bittersweetness and leave room for viewers to judge the unfaithful couple. Of course, from each EP's lesson learnt, it will probably spike the romance once again for the lead couple :) 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

I would love to have a drama captivate me -- either I feel the romantic buzz, or I am just all curious about how the story will turn out and actually looking forward to the next week episodes, or the thread is really lively with everything buzzing.

It feels like a number of years since I have had that type of drama experience. For quite a while, just been watching a drama half zoned out and kind of bored.

That is what I would like for 2024 -- a drama that I can actually remember. 

3e11ada4-cfb9-4d45-884c-0140c1f58da8_tex 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

8 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

@agenth where is Queen Woo playing?

it will be on TVING, here's a sneak preview 

hopefully other platforms as well though...

have you got your eye on this drama or others?

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

The Bequeathed (2024) - I binge watched this drama, and I love it - What A thrilling, mysterious and suspenseful journey all the way for this drama....

Now I would like to recommend something unusual and interesting Kdrama to watch - called LONG TIME NO SEX (LTNS) - The six-episode Kdrama dark comedy series, story is about a married couple whose sex life has become inactive due to their life's weariness, they blackmail unfaithful couples (appeared on each episode) to earn extra money. The wife, Woo-Jin (played by Esom) and Husband, Samuel (played by Ahn Jae-Hong). Each episode carries a different meaning of the story and how I like about the script writer who can manage well on the ending part of each episode. The ending for each episode appears to be open-ended, but it could implicit at bittersweetness and leave room for viewers to judge the unfaithful couple. Of course, from each EP's lesson learnt, it will probably spike the romance once again for the lead couple :) 

thanks for your recommendations. i totally missed out on the bequeathed. it only has 6 episodes and is on Netflix, so a contender for a try to watch! 

LTNS has an interesting concept - I think I will try out a few episodes once it airs, though I'm not a fan of Esom. 

38 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

It feels like a number of years since I have had that type of drama experience. For quite a while, just been watching a drama half zoned out and kind of bored.

That is what I would like for 2024 -- a drama that I can actually remember. 

I understand what you mean, and we now have a mission, to find such drama for you. When was the last time you had this feeling?

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

which drama was that? Maybe you could find a drama that has aired but you haven't watched yet, instead of an upcoming drama? 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

The year 2023 was quite good for me, having discovered dramas and movies I can more than love enough to watch over and over again. 

Except for one drama I live watched, the rest were aired and completed before I binged watch to my heart's content. 

For 2024, I am more looking forward to sequels or next seasons of what I've seen last year. Hidden Love's Sang Yan would be played by Bai Jing Ting in First Frost. Cross fingers if it's shot this year, it will be aired before the year is over. 

Then there's a possible season 2 this year of a favourite actor's hit dramas, though it can also be a new drama entirely.

I'm taking it easy with less expectations, and I gotta say that this mindset gave me plenty enough pleasant fuzzy surprises. 

Thanks for tagging me @agenth ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Too few mustache oppas on air nowadays, huh, sweetie?

kekeke... thankfully, there are enough manly oppas in other languages to keep me occupied and watching dramas.

7892fc7c0e52cb606d28108a36aa75da.gif 

still I am missing good kdramas and barf crazy lakorns. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, agenth said:

it will be on TVING, here's a sneak preview 

hopefully other platforms as well though...

@agenth  The drama will also be available via Paramount Plus. Paramount+ is an American subscription video on-demand over-the-top streaming service owned by Paramount Global.   :kitty:

• Blob 2

6 hours ago, agenth said:

LTNS has an interesting concept - I think I will try out a few episodes once it airs, though I'm not a fan of Esom

Dear chingu, I am not a fan of Esom too :D. To be frank, you may be disappointed that there is no handsome or beautiful actors in this drama.:D

This kdrama was introduced through the platform review. The critique was good. It was the storyline that appealed to me the most, especially the fun and interesting process of stalking the unfaithful couples in order to blackmail them. 

Since it is a black comedy drama, it makes the negotiation part for blackmailing even more hilarious but surprising.

By the way, be prepared to watch the sex scenes and lots of kissing scenes with an open mind as it relates to the theme.  Go watch it when you have time. Currently the airing is now at 4 EP. :) 

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Is anyone going to watch Queen of Divorce? Also not a Lee Ji Ah fan, especially if she screams (scarred from Penthouse and Style), but it's Kang Ki Young as ML.

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Dear chingu, I am not a fan of Esom too :D. To be frank, you may be disappointed that there is no handsome or beautiful actors in this drama.:D

This kdrama was introduced through the platform review. The critique was good. It was the storyline that appealed to me the most, especially the fun and interesting process of stalking the unfaithful couples in order to blackmail them. 

Since it is a black comedy drama, it makes the negotiation part for blackmailing even more hilarious but surprising.

By the way, be prepared to watch the sex scenes and lots of kissing scenes with an open mind as it relates to the theme.  Go watch it when you have time. Currently the airing is now at 4 EP. :) 

Oh, it's airing already? I'm sort of off social media right now so I hadn't seen this yet. Well, if it's a witty show, I don't need handsomeness :D 

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

still I am missing good kdramas and barf crazy lakorns. :lol:

i suppose there's My Happy Ending, but the FL is a bit TSTL...

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Then there's a possible season 2 this year of a favourite actor's hit dramas, though it can also be a new drama entirely.

do cdramas usually have sequels, or is it a new phenomenon like for kdramas?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

53 minutes ago, agenth said:

do cdramas usually have sequels, or is it a new phenomenon like for kdramas?

Not new for Cdramas, and an example is Eternal Love and Eternal Love of Dream of 3L3W universe. Under the Skin would also have another season, and the other recent sequel to a previous drama is The Princess and The Werewolf to the original Go Princess Go. Detective Chinatown both have movies and drama series where the adventures of the leads were intertwined for either versions.

The common denominator for these originals with sequels would be being big hits when it aired, aside from having compelling story plots and viewers demand for more. :) It's also a great, added bonus when original cast reprise their roles for the sequels or return for the next season/s.

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

I had a bunch in 2023 all at the same time that I really loved. But those are done, and now I am in that period where you try out a zillion things until something sticks. So far I've seen partial first episodes for a number of Chinese dramas that can all be summed up as, "I can flyyyyyyyyyy!" (and gravity doesn't work the same as it does in your universe, so there!) In Kdramas, I'm a little tired of the storyline of, stressed out city girl goes to a countryside village full of quirky characters and finds/rediscovers love from her hometown first crush. I'm also not super into sequels or second seasons (I don't care much for episodic storylines, but rather, am looking for a plot that has an actual purpose and then reaches that point, with a lot of satisfying payoff. Which would render a sequel a bit anticlimactic. Although I guess I could still think of a few exceptions to the rule.)

So! What I am I looking for? I don't know, lol. Something with a plot and a good payoff at the end. Something with a lot of heart. Something with you know, logic. Something with good chemistry. Something that has good plot tension. NO MAKJANG. Magic elements are good, time travel is also good, mystery is good. Even realistic contemporary is good, if there is a well-told story. I like characters who have external goals to reach but also internal struggles of character. No matter what the genre, I look for emotional believability.

Right now I am arm-wrestling a family member to watch Castaway Diva with me (I watched while it aired), and I also just did a rewatch of Crash Landing. (If you want to test and clean out every single tear duct in your body--a rewatch is in order. Magnificent drama.) But much as I love it, I need a chance for my tear ducts to restock, so right now I'm trying out Doctor Slump. So far, so good. I'll probably check out Mother's Friend's Son, based on the casting. But I hope to find some serendipity favorites this like, like I did last year as well.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1