My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

Im currently watching...

Knight Flower...my fav   :heart4:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV0vTnt1BBBlJgQOZnK2f

Koisuru Keigo 24 ji (24 Hours Love Guard)...it is a Jdrama...my fav     :fullofhearts:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKjxD8JKQki0NQDphsM5t

My Happy Ending

Marry My Husband

Im waiting for

- XiaoZhan's new movie The Legend of the Condor Heroes :The Great Hero    :cutekitty:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFSmb8MjotbCdFpYTck18

Lovely Runner

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0QTVflEp5imBY64jC-N8

Branding In Seongsu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUG3lm9Ek6Q7BxU1p_VSN

Grand Shining Hotel

Wedding Impossible

Hong Rang

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

***It's a good time to look back and take stock of all the dramas you have watched this past year! All the dramas that I’ve watched did not fail to impress me. 2023 alone offered an astounding amount of dramas for me. For this year, there are many waiting to be watched! I guess I’ll be watching the most looking at the list you provided here. I watch dramas at my own speed so, I don't feel any pressure. Based from the list, I’ll be watching a total of more than (20) this 2024, which (2) of them are currently airing. According to my records, (my memory – hehehe) for 2023 I’ve watched more or less (20) too. All of them were Korean content. I have truly enjoyed all of them.  :blush:

For this year, the ff. dramas excite me :  :Twerkdatbutt:

Spoiler

Wonderful World – Aside from the fact that Cha Eun Woo is in it, I love revenge dramas. It has a promising cast lineup. I want to see Cha Eun Woo’s new exploration into the mystery genre. I’m also excited to see both the leads since Cha Eun Woo and Kim Nam Joo has a significant huge age gap. I’m excited to see the possibility of a love line between such characters with massive age gap since she’s old enough to be his mom! Wait & see…..

Connection – I’m excited because it’s been quite a while since I watched Ji Sung on the screen. How I adore this man!  :heart:

Taereum Zombie Village – It’s been quite a long while since I watched a series with a zombie theme. In this upcoming drama, the zombies are athletes and they are also members of the national team, so, I’m sure they will be stronger than regular zombies. I want to see how athletes will fight the zombies. As of now, there’s no other information yet concerning other actors who also offered to play in the series aside from Taecyeon.

The Good Man – I’m excited how Lee Dong Wook once again creates a new persona with his acting and rich character visualizations.

Queen of Tears – It’s a rom-com genre & I love rom-com! This marks Kim So Hyun's comeback to the screen after many years.

Player 2: War of Gambler – It’s excited to see the best players in each field, such as scammers, hackers, and fighters band together to find and steal ...I’ve watched the S1 of this drama. It’s been quite a while since Song Seung Hoon’s last drama.

Parole officer Lee Han Shin – A revenge drama genre, which I love. Go Soo will play as Lee Han-shin who became a parole officer for revenge. I want to see how his power can decide the parole of inmates.

Love on a Single Log Bridge – Awww….. Jo Ji Hoon will make a romantic comeback to the small screen after quite a while. The script is surely good since this drama is penned by the same writer behind hits like 'Love in the Moonlight' and 'The Tale of Nokdu' while the director is the same who directed 'What's Wrong with Secretary Kim”. What makes me excited for this drama is that it marks Joo Ji Hoon's return to romantic drama after many years. I want to see him in such a role once again. I also can’t wait for his other (3) upcoming dramas - Climax / Light Shop/ The Trauma Code: Heroes on Call.

Ask the Stars / When the Stars GossipLee Min Ho is back on the screen soon. I am excited to see a space station drama, so I can’t wait! And it's been quite a while since I last saw him on the screen. i Missed him!

Good Boy – I like the pairing so, I’m excited that it will happen soon. In the past, the duo appeared as MCs during the 2015 KBS Drama Awards and they looked good together. Now, I’m thrilled and eager to witness the duo's chemistry on screen once again. I also can’t wait for Park Bogum’s another drama “You Have Done Well”.

She is Different Day & Night – I want to know how she suddenly gets stuck in time and became different in the day and at night. I’m excited because I can watch Choi Jin Hyuk again on the screen.

Everything Will Come True/ All Your Wishes Come True – I am excited to see Suzy and Kim Woo Bin reunite. I want to see him play the role of Genie. I love it since this is rom-com! The drama will be surely good because it is written by the same writer who previously wrote incredibly successful K-dramas such as The King: Eternal Monarch & Goblin. So far, only two cast members have been confirmed for this drama yet so, currently waiting for more cast members to be announced. Considering the pair already has ton of chemistry in the previous drama they were in, I expect that to be replicated for Everything Will Come True. I guess we’ll see the drama arrive sometime in late this year.

A Killer Paradox – I want to see Choi Woo Shik's special ability to recognize bad people who deserve to die and become a serial murderer to kill these evil people. I also can’t wait for his other drama Melo Movie/Romantic Movie. (it's just a weird title, though)

Mercy for None - Another revenge drama - triggered by the mysterious death of his younger brother. I want to watch because it’s just an 8-EP series. I’m excited since So Ji Sub will soon return to action as it is his comeback after many years to noir action. I’m also curious what’s behind his brother’s death in the drama.

Squid Game 2 – I missed out SQ1, so I’m curious to see why this is so popular & has viewing success. Now, it’s bigger in scale. I’m excited because of so many line-ups like Im Siwan, Kang Ha Neul and Top. Of course, Lee Byung Hun to reprise his role here. So, it seems that he will be the central figure again of this next story. Of course, the pressure will be on the cast to deliver a second season that thrills as much as the first.

Mr Plankton – another rom-com!  Surely this will be good because this is written by the same writer of (It’s Okay to Not Be Okay).  It has been confirmed that Mr. Plankton will have a total of ten episodes. So, I love it. I’m looking forward to Woo Do Hwan’s upcoming drama.

Weak Hero Class 2 – I’ve watched the S1 so, I’m excited to see this. Originally released on the OTT platform Wavve, the series has now found a new home on the global streaming giant, Netflix. I like Park Ji Hoon.

Queen Woo – I’m curious to see who will enter a bloody chase for the throne due to the death of the King. Queen Woo will maintain a power by choosing a criminal marriage (a very rare marriage custom in Korea, where a widow marries her late husband’s younger brother to maintain the family line if her husband dies). The only person she can trust is her husband, King Go Nam-mu, played by Ji Chang-wook. However, a crisis befalls him, and his absence brings bloodshed to the kingdom. I also can’t wait for his other drama “Bulk”.

I’m currently enjoying these dramas :  :kitty:

Doctor Slump - It's very relatable to those who are doing everything just to build their career, and those who are experiencing burn out and depression. I’m glad that the latest episode of the show has seen a surge in viewership. I hope this will increase as the story progresses.

A Shop for Killers - Though it’s in Lee Dong Wook’s character the story revolves around, the main focus hasn’t been on him. But, on the flip side, with how much ever screen time he had, he perfectly embodied mystery. There was so much depth to his character’s persona that I want to know more about his story. Also, what really stood out was the color-grading of this series. Whenever there was a depiction of the past, there was a certain hue that was used for easier differentiation. Loved it! This is aired every Wednesday so, in case it leaves me with questions from the previous EP, it makes it tough to wait until next Wednesday to see the next EP.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

I have a lot of upcoming dramas under my radar but the problem is how many I will actually watch. :)

Unexpectedly, I watch four dramas right now. It's been a long time since I started watching so many series at the same time. maybe that`s a good sign.

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, larus said:

Unexpectedly, I watch four dramas right now. It's been a long time since I started watching so many series at the same time. maybe that`s a good sign.

Which ones are you watching?

I'm in a drama slump

Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I'm in a drama slump

What? Are you not watching Marry My Husband and My Happy Ending anymore? :o

I am watching Death`s Game 2, Knight Flower, Captivating the King and Another Miss Oh. I was surprized to see actress Kim Mi Kyung in three dramas that I am watching but I should not be surprized. She is the favorite mother in dramas. :)

I have two episodes of Death`s Game. Maybe I will start Shop for Killers next.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

10 hours ago, larus said:

I am watching Death`s Game 2, Knight Flower, Captivating the King and Another Miss Oh. I was surprized to see actress Kim Mi Kyung in three dramas that I am watching but I should not be surprized. She is the favorite mother in dramas. :)

I have two episodes of Death`s Game. Maybe I will start Shop for Killers next.

@larus I've watched this drama for Eric. NICE to know that you're watching it. It's heartfelt and their kisses and hugs there makes me feel true love. And, hands down, it had the best kisses in k-drama. It's a wonderful drama. I guess you haven't finished this yet but, you won't regret watching this through the end. I enjoyed it that I re-watched it for the 2nd time. I like dramas that play on emotional aspects and relationships so i was kinda pulled in by that in this series. I adore Eric ever since. He had incredible chemistry with his female partner here, most of their interactions were hilarious.. Also, the story is really relatable at some points. Their experiences are authentic and striking. The plot and scenarios are structured yet spontaneous. There was so much I liked about this show. Sometimes, Eric is better suited to playing extroverted jerks, honestly, but he was still quite good in this role.   :Twerkdatbutt:

14 hours ago, larus said:

I have a lot of upcoming dramas under my radar but the problem is how many I will actually watch. :)

@larus  I rarely watching dramas multiple at once. I'm more of a one at a time girl myself. hehehe - I just like it better that way, I get through it faster and it is much easier to get engrossed in the storyline.   :kitty:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, willenette said:

I've watched this drama for Eric. NICE to know that you're watching it. It's heartfelt and their kisses and hugs there makes me feel true love. And, hands down, it had the best kisses in k-drama. It's a wonderful drama.

I`ve heard about this drama since it first aired and I know it was popular. I want to choose an old drama to watch from time to time (a drama who has good reviews/ recommendation)  I just watched a heavy episode in Death`s Game and I wanted to watch a romantic comedy drama.

The drama is good but I still have some issues with it. I thought I will drop it after the first episodes because of the heavy drinking and pathetic behavious of some characters. I don`t find humor in seeing a profesional woman in her 40s coming home dead drunk every single night, for exemple. There is too much self pity also. There are more positive things than negative though. Seo Hyun Jin and Eric make a good couple on screen. I am also intrigued by the sound director aspect. The premise of the story was interesting too. I have a few episodes left. 

7 hours ago, willenette said:

I rarely watching dramas multiple at once. I'm more of a one at a time girl myself. hehehe - I just like it better that way, I get through it faster and it is much easier to get engrossed in the storyline. 

I watch multiple dramas when some of them are current airing dramas. While I am waiting for new episodes, I watched an old one who have all the episodes.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

11 hours ago, willenette said:

@larus I've watched this drama for Eric. NICE to know that you're watching it. It's heartfelt and their kisses and hugs there makes me feel true love.

I actually preferred the second couple. They were such a hoot when they were speaking "French"

22 hours ago, larus said:

Am only watching My Happy Ending. Dropped Marry My Husband.

Min Yoongi Mic Drop GIF by BTS

Like a hot potato :unamused:

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

On 1/29/2024 at 4:09 AM, frozentundra said:

Right now I am arm-wrestling a family member to watch Castaway Diva with me (I watched while it aired), and I also just did a rewatch of Crash Landing. (If you want to test and clean out every single tear duct in your body--a rewatch is in order. Magnificent drama.)

I haven't completed either drama, though Castaway Diva is in progress. I do find emotional believability quite important as well, especially for "evil" characters. I don't like comical evils as they Lack depth.

12 minutes ago, partyon said:

Am only watching My Happy Ending. Dropped Marry My Husband.

Like a hot potato

i admit that the ML is not really... charismatic. however i am still watching. it's a nice drama to watch witrhout paying much attention there.

On 1/29/2024 at 4:12 PM, larus said:

which ones are they? tell us more!

Tell Dan Levy GIF by CBC

On 1/29/2024 at 10:04 AM, willenette said:

Doctor Slump - It's very relatable to those who are doing everything just to build their career, and those who are experiencing burn out and depression. I’m glad that the latest episode of the show has seen a surge in viewership. I hope this will increase as the story progresses.

i have seen both episodes and was surprised about it, that the storyline is about depression. that's why i will follow the drama and see how it turns out. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

9 hours ago, agenth said:

i have seen both episodes and was surprised about it, that the storyline is about depression. that's why i will follow the drama and see how it turns out. 

I like this aspect, too. I'm also rewatching an old drama from 6-7 years ago that has a rather backwards attitude towards treating depression. I'm really glad to see things moving in a more positive (and more medically sound) direction. In Doctor Slump, I like how they very calmly and clearly walk the viewer through how to get help if they suspect they might have depression. It's nothing strange or weird, just another health issue that can happen to anyone. And yes, there is treatment and relief available.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

13 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I like this aspect, too. I'm also rewatching an old drama from 6-7 years ago that has a rather backwards attitude towards treating depression. I'm really glad to see things moving in a more positive (and more medically sound) direction. In Doctor Slump, I like how they very calmly and clearly walk the viewer through how to get help if they suspect they might have depression. It's nothing strange or weird, just another health issue that can happen to anyone. And yes, there is treatment and relief available.

@frozentundra  I don't watch and re-watch old dramas. I feel that the drastically different hairstyles (especially of the men) do not help either. It acts like a culture shock to me, distancing me from the characters. Besides, there was a definite increase in quality at some point. So, older dramas really look old to me due to dated production values. The technology today is light years better. This is just a personal preference but I'd much rather sit through something with dated production values. Like the drama "Coffee Prince" - I haven't discovered Joo Ji Hoon yet at the time of airing. When the time came that I started following him, and until now, I never watched the drama. I couldn't watch because the camera angles, the resolution & quality picture was...up to it's own time, i must say. I probably could see the pores stick out a mile on some characters from old dramas, while recent characters look spotless as if their faces were completely scrubbed clean and smoothed out, giving the dramas a dreamlike tincture. - hahaha - It’s not just the production quality that can age a drama. It’s also the storyline. It's also the fashions that really date a show.   :kitty:

9 hours ago, agenth said:

@agenth  Ohhh................... so you like this kind of storyline? I guess you should watch in case you haven't watched this yet - It's Okay To Not Be Okay (starring Kim Soo Hyun). One of the best dramas that offered a thorough examination of the consequences of mental health, this drama follows the ups and downs of those who struggle with coming to terms with their pasts through the story of a psychiatrist and a writer who deals with a terrible past. NICE to know that "Doctor Slump" is in your watchlist.   :heart3:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

On 1/29/2024 at 12:55 PM, rocher22 said:

Im waiting for

- XiaoZhan's new movie The Legend of the Condor Heroes :The Great Hero

Are these his projected looks in the movie? :hushed:

Oh man, no wonder he's thought of as an AI image! He is beautiful! And he's also one of the best in acting!

MV5BMmFjZDcwMzQtMDM3YS00N2Y5LTgwYTUtNDhi

ctto

8e94661ed696f390aeb18a93ffcfb248.jpg

ctto

I'm so watching this movie when it's out! This and Shogun! 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

20 hours ago, partyon said:

I actually preferred the second couple. They were such a hoot when they were speaking "French"

They were ridiculous but funny. The second time they spoke "French" I laughed. The first time I was like ....That`s French?  Is this supposed to be funny? :w00t:

Actually, once again I realised why I usually don`t like rom coms. Some scene are exagerated and the comedy is questionable. I am not laughing.  I prefer subtle humor and mature behaviour.

20 hours ago, agenth said:

which ones are they? tell us more!

The upcoming dramas from February...The Impossible Heir, Grand Shining Hotel.  Others don`t have a date. Who knows when I will see them. (Queen Woo, The Woman Who Plays, Acquaintances, The Audit, The Good man,, Mom`s Friend`s son, Cheif Detective 1958, Dominant Species, and others.....

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

18 hours ago, willenette said:

I don't watch and re-watch old dramas. I feel that the drastically different hairstyles (especially of the men) do not help either. It acts like a culture shock to me, distancing me from the characters. Besides, there was a definite increase in quality at some point. So, older dramas really look old to me due to dated production values.

I can do 2014 onwards. (I started watching in 2016 and could watch things a few years prior to that, but the really old ones felt so DRAMATICALLY dated to me.) The hairstyles can be really...um. Lol. There's like a heaviness to older dramas and also the styling--not just in terms of hair, makeup, clothing, etc., but sometimes even in acting styles and writing. (Older writing often feels less nuanced to me.) There's a really big difference to me between older oppas and more recent ones (and it doesn't have anything to do with my age relative to them). Just different styles in different eras.

CGI and production values have definitely gone up over the years as well!

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

23 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I can do 2014 onwards. (I started watching in 2016 and could watch things a few years prior to that, but the really old ones felt so DRAMATICALLY dated to me.) The hairstyles can be really...um. Lol.

Fairy11-00026.jpg

I don't like this kind of style either, so it is not just about the years, but the story kinda suffers through each decade, like kissing scenes. they dont age well..

On 1/31/2024 at 2:25 PM, larus said:

They were ridiculous but funny. The second time they spoke "French" I laughed. The first time I was like ....That`s French?  Is this supposed to be funny? :w00t:

Kim Ji Hyuk (?) isn't even so bad speaking French...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

35 minutes ago, agenth said:

Kim Ji Hyuk (?) isn't even so bad speaking French...

They all sound Korean when speaking though. Who's Kim Ji Hyuk btw?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Ye Ji Won's French was fairly understandable and her accent wasn't totally Korean, so points to her! :kiss_wink:

Am not gonna say what I thought about Vincenzo's Italian accent though.

Be Quiet No Talking GIF

I almost cried. :teaze:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On French--I don't speak it, so I can't evaluate this. But I do speak both Spanish and German. Koreans tend to have beautiful pronunciation in Spanish. (Park Seo Joon in particular sounds awesome.) But German....ehhhhh....pain, lol. Nine times out of ten when I hear Koreans on TV, I cannot even understand it as the German language. Notable exceptions are Moon Ga Young, who grew up partly in Germany and sounds absolutely lovely in it, and also, surprisingly, Hyun Bin. HB has an accent, yes, but his lines in Crash Landing anyway sounded natural, like a Korean person who happens to be fluent in German. (Actually, he sounded more natural than the other people who were supposed to be "Swiss" in the scene, with the exception of the little girl who asked him to play the piano. Then again, I'm sure she WAS a native German speaker.)

As for Weightlifting Fairy, she was supposed to be a weightlifter, not a glamor girl. But er, I'm not rushing out to copy that style, either...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

On French--I don't speak it, so I can't evaluate this. But I do speak both Spanish and German. Koreans tend to have beautiful pronunciation in Spanish.

I also speak German and Spanish, along with French and some other languages, and I agree that Spanish sounds okay when Koreans speak it. As for French and German it can be quite difficult to understand what they are attempting to say. But not gonna lie when I say that the Italian in Vincenzo was one of the reasons I dropped the drama. :grimace: 

I am glad that Koreans seem to be speaking more English as well nowadays. It’s always fun to hear one’s oppas and unnies being interviewed in English.

Did anyone see the new teaser for Squid Game season 2? :love:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1