Which Olympic games are you going to watch?

agenth

Summer Olympic Games  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which sports will you watch?

• Archery
    • Artistic Gymnatics
    • Athletics
    • Badminton
    • Basketball
    • Basketball 3x3
    • Beach Volleyball
    • Boxing
    • Breaking
    • Canoe Slalom
    • Canoe Sprint
    • Cycling BMX Freestyle
    • Cycling BMX Racing
    • Cycling Mountain Bike
    • Cycling Road
    • Cycling Track
    • Diving
    • Equestrian
    • Fencing
    • none/something else
  2. 2. Which sports will you watch?

• Football
    • Golf
    • Handball
    • Hockey
    • Judo
    • Marathon swimming
    • Modern pentathlon
    • Rhythmic Gymnastics
    • Rowing
    • Rugby sevens
    • Sailing
    • Shooting
    • Skateboarding
    • Sport climbing
    • Surfing
    • Swimming
    • Table tennis
    • Taekwondo
    • Tennis
    • Nothing / something else
  3. 3. Which sports will you watch?

• Trampoline
    • Triathlon
    • Volleyball
    • Water polo
    • Weightlifting
    • Wrestling
    • Nothing / something else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/2024 at 06:17 PM

Ou là là, are you in the spirit to watch the Summer Olympic Games in the city of Love? If you missed out to buy a ticket to France, and are at home, don't worry, we've got you covered.

source.gif

Which Olympic events are you most excited to watch during the Paris 2024 Summer Olympics?

The Games are always an exciting event, as athletes from all over the world congregate to compete for weeks in order to attain the goal of becoming legendary Olympic medallists!

And how can you contribute, even if you are not in Paris or Tahiti? 

• Share Your Favorites!

• Which events did you vote for and why?
    • Do you have any personal stories or experiences related to these sports? 

• Olympic Memories:

• What is your favorite Olympic memory from past Games?
    • Have you ever attended the Olympics in person? Share your experience!

paris2024-paris.gif

• Athletes to Watch:

• Who are your favorite athletes competing in the Paris 2024 Olympics?
    • Are there any rising stars or underdogs you’re particularly excited about?

• Predictions and Speculations:

• Which countries do you think will dominate the medal tally?
    • Do you foresee any records being broken this year?

• Fashion & Pride:

• Did you catch the Opening Ceremony? It was almost like a runway. Check out the uniforms/outfits of the Olympic countries here

• Which one is your favourite?

HA41nr.gif

If you have any event ideas, please share them with us. :fullofhearts:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @agenth @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl

tagging:

Spoiler

MayanEcho  @joccu  @Thong Thin  @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  @superspace  @000231846597  @Wuzetian  @4evrkdrama  @Min2206  @gm4queen  @sadthe1st  @Learry  @larus  @SilverDawn  @singlebilingual  @pompyavi 

@SuZy Leoo  @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  @willenette  @rocher22  @africandramalover  @Pyar  @rogue  @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @RollyPenny  @Megan  @kdramagrandma  @msdot  @CallieP  @syntyche  @Nikaa  @JoannaID  @scrawford  @madmad min  @CarolynH

@tas82  @Gisell Gisell  @Jeannie  @Sakurafairy  @gtLmh0622  @Jiyuu  @kittyna 

@UnniSarah  @booha  @YongZura⁷  @maribella  @pauliza  @valinor500  @flutterby06  @kembie  @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @nrllee  @ktcjdrama  @Biology Lesson

@azureblue7  @Prettysup  @Ayame  @yoeda  @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @morningdew 

@hola2jin  @airgelaal  @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly  @usadango 

@pad-hari  @Naty828  @tofumochu  @Yinye  @Firefly  @SophieH 

@asiaren  @blackberrypie  @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh  @brooksmom  @LeftCoastOppa

@frozentundra  @rogue  @ibru  @itsmeash  @rocat  @Tamakins  @Hannahmiriam  @Rumaizah Muhammed 

@liyahsbutterfly @SC2019  @ferily  @serenilmauve  @Lmangla 

@Lu099  @andy78  @TheQueenReturns  @lilian c  @-jadecloud-  @D27Gjk68  @Sunset  @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae  @chickfactor  @DrBooger  @tiMadam  @hsmz 

@tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321  @Dhakra  @sweetroad  @hyall  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @angela0612  @Kate Llama 

@kimlees  @lduc  @anyeze  @jadore1  @haruhi17  @lila21  @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo 

@TheaN  @wywp  @balletgoddess  @Lusianaaolivary  @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@leo2020  @knkg @Kathy  @Kari Sama  @irilight  @illay  @Haeun  @Fata Morgana  @DreamCatcher2011  @cherry47  @bunnycotton143  @aprilfive  @anzomi  @Annykey  @an-naum  @ammu82  @AkiChan  @0ly40  @-Love Blossom-   

@CupcakeEonni  @Auntie Mame  @Yazusa    @cikqueen   

@SleepyKitty  @marrez1  @suga02pearl    @fieza1871  @Tuiwgn  @lilyphenix  @omiki  

@breakmyheart  @Rollito Deprimavera  @Pinkypoo  @ilovenico @Jcanqueen12 @Newbie21SG @Helena  @caterpillar59

@whome  @u8017  @vintage  @Table122000  @sugarcream  @roli  @Rabbit_Small  @pocca  @Nermeen نرمين   @Man-O-Man  

@mirimiri  @byeolie  @Angelfish  @Lindyloo421  @yamiyugi @Latte_Anyday @Tango27 @jayakris 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

my favorites Olympic games:hooray:

Rhythmic Gymnastics

rhythmic gymnastics GIF by Olympic Channel

Beach Volleyball

Beach Volleyball GIF by NCAA Championships

Diving

Monday Dive GIF by Red Bull

table tennis

GIF by TVP.PL

surfing

Spoiler

San Diego Dogs GIF by NowThis

sbasketball

Spoiler

Kobe Bryant Sport GIF by Team USA

TrampolineTrampoline-3.gif

c. to all the gifs owner

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Don't have patience to watch the full games. I usually watch headline clips. Faster and you know the outcome already. hahahhahahah... 

I like watching sports I haven't watched before. Last time I was totally mesmerized by:

1) Canoe slalom

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ5pbn2_p5fvW6t0OQpsw

2) BMX biking

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvYTQ1TbEhbqWnZ5Vbycd

3) Nacra 17

gcmq4tzati5s5ynxuxmh

4) Sport climbing

CP128149087-e1628117965995.jpg?quality=8

I do love track and field the most though :glasses:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

How do you guys like the Olympic song?

TBH Last time I got OBSESSED with curling, a sport I never really knew about.

it just takes a lot of skill and looks super fun, and I just love them screaming wIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEE in their language :D

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I voted for 

sport beach volley GIF by AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour

I've always liked watching it.  Haven't seen it in person.

and 

I think Rafa is coming toward the end of his career, so I'll probably watch his matches.  

vamos come on GIF by Wimbledon

What's football--not the US type football, right.  Rugby?

I don't like prof athletes competing; I think that spoils the Games.  Even though I don't swim, I do enjoy watching swimming and diving.  

• Blob 1

*** The Olympic Games is a sporting spectacle like no other. It’s where the best athletes in the world push themselves to the very limit. The games officially kick off TODAY Friday, July 26 with the Opening Ceremony — but some already get started ... Athletes aboard the boats….. There’s a lot to look forward to during the games themselves, which run from July 26 through Aug. 11 in both Paris and other French cities. Although, I’m not really hooked on the Olympic Games,  these are the sports I’m interested to watch when I find time so, I voted for them :  :Twerkdatbutt:

Spoiler

Gymnastics – I guess these competitions are one of the most anticipated events in Paris, which will begin July 27. I want to watch Simone Biles and more compete in Paris. I like and excited watching this because it’s a sport that's about artistry and not just about strength.

Fencing – This is interesting because the goal here is to hit without being hit, that’s the way to score a point. Hit the other fencer more often than you have been hit yourself to win. I like it because this sport of swordplay can be enjoyed by people of any age. Hence, it makes it a thrilling sport to watch. In fencing, strength is not the most important requirement. Fencing looks fun. I feel that fencing is one of the sports that are not promoted enough.

Rowing – I’ve tried water rowing once during my H.S days and I find it a physically demanding hard sport. I only tried it because most of my friends were rowing. It’s the hardest. It’s difficult and even harder to master - I don’t think I ever got there – hahaha.  My hands ripped and my back ached, actually my whole body.  It’s an excellent full-body workout that challenges both cardiovascular fitness and muscular strength, though. But, for me it’s not worth it, the kind of pain it gives me, I don’t like it. I didn’t miss that experience at all. It’s not fun!

TennisDjokovic is the player I want to watch. I hope he’ll be at his best.

I think the 2008 Beijing olympics were the most spectacular games. Olympics is a  great chance for people from countries around the world to meet up and get to know each other and you can see athletes from all over the world, which you can’t see every year. I recall it was the most expensive olympics ever. I read then that it was the most watched olympics in history as well with over 70% of the world tuning in. Michael Phelps, the American swimmer  set the pool on fire with his tally of 8 golds.

I haven't watched any Olympic Games in person. All in all, in my opinion, no matter how advanced the technology may be, watching TV and watch it in person is quite different.

My favorite athlete is Simon Biles, the American Gymnast. I hope she can claim the women’s individual all-around title once more. Although, Basketball is not on my list above, but, my favorite is also an American basketball superstar LeBron James who will return to the Olympic Games.

I think 2024 Paris Games will undoubtedly be dominated by the United States of America, China, and France. I guess the US will win the most medals but, China has also a chance to win more gold medals. We wait & see…….    :blush:

• Blob 2

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Nope, football everywhere else in the world is what you call soccer in the US. ;)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I voted for 

I've always liked watching it.  Haven't seen it in person.

and 

I think Rafa is coming toward the end of his career, so I'll probably watch his matches. 

I don't like prof athletes competing; I think that spoils the Games.  Even though I don't swim, I do enjoy watching swimming and diving.  

@CarolynH  "Football" is the world standard name for "soccer".  :cutekitty:

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

The para-olympics are not listed...? :)

Hi,

we have focused on the games that happen now, as paralympics will be the event after the olympics.

I just saw that An San, the triple Olympic medallist (women's archery) did not make the national trial cut, so she won't be able to defend her title. 

Cutthroat, wow. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

First Olympic gold goes to... China.

Did anyone make this bet? :D 17 and 19 year old ... wow.

And shooting 10m - that's amazing. Kudos also to the teams of South Korea, and Kazakhstan. 

funny that the Korean male immediately switched to glasses after his match :D 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952lj1p5cn26ayq6ecpf3 

• Blob 1

33 minutes ago, agenth said:

Did anyone make this bet?

Am still trying to recover from yesterday's Olympics Opening Ceremony.

:dead:

It was a hot mess.

• LOL 2

5 hours ago, agenth said:

First Olympic gold goes to... China.

Did anyone make this bet? :D 17 and 19 year old ... wow.

And shooting 10m - that's amazing. Kudos also to the teams of South Korea, and Kazakhstan. 

funny that the Korean male immediately switched to glasses after his match :D 

@agenth  I posted this above - "I think 2024 Paris Games will undoubtedly be dominated by the United States of America, China, and France. I guess the US will win the most medals but, China has also a chance to win more gold.medals."  :heart3:

• Blob 1

5 hours ago, partyon said:

Am still trying to recover from yesterday's Olympics Opening Ceremony.

:dead:

It was a hot mess.

@partyon  :Megalol:    I thought I heard wrong for a second when the French and English narrators introduced South Korea as 'The Democratic People's Republic of Korea,' which is North Korea, instead of The Republic of Korea. I don’t think North Korea is even participating in the Olympics? I think it confuses a lot of people. Well, almost in each Olympic Games, there’s ALWAYS some media that confuse S. Korea and N. Korea...  :cutekitty:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1