Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Best of the Rest of K-Dramas (2023) - Poll #2

partyon

Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Rest of the K-Dramas (2023)   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which daily and/or weekend dramas were your favorite in 2023? (Choose as many as you like)

• Apple of My Eye
    • The Love in My Eyes
    • Meant to Be
    • The Real Has Come!
    • Three Bold Siblings
    • Vengeance of the Bride
    • Witch's Game
    • Woman in a Veil
    • None of the above / Something else
  2. 2. Which c-dramas were your favorite in 2023? (Choose as many as you like)

• Hidden Love
    • Till the End of the Moon
    • When I Fly Towards You
    • Meet Yourself
    • Stay With Me
    • Story of Kunning Palace
    • The Love You Give Me
    • A Journey to Love
    • I Am Nobody
    • Mysterious Lotus Casebook
    • Lost You Forever
    • My Journey to You
    • The Starry Love
    • Wonderland of Love
    • Back From the Brink
    • Destined
    • The Blood of Youth
    • Love You Seven Times
    • The Long Season
  3. 3. Which of these "rest of the best" k-dramas were your favorite in 2023? (Choose as many as you like)

• Black Knight
    • Boyhood
    • Oasis
    • Cold Blooded Intern
    • Delightfully Deceitful
    • Destined With You
    • Family
    • The Heavenly Idol
    • The Killing Vote
    • Longing For You
    • My Lovely Liar
    • Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist 2
    • Queen of the Masks
    • Queenmaker
    • Shadow Detective 2
    • Song of the Bandits
    • Soundtrack 2
    • Stealer: The Treasure Keeper
    • Trolley

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2024 at 02:00 PM

Soompi Forums Awards: The Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Best of the Rest of K-Dramas of 2023 - Poll #2

hohstMN.gif

Welcome to the second thread for the Soompi Forum Awards. Here you can vote for the your favorite:  

1) Daily/weekend dramas 

2) C-dramas

3) Best of the Rest of K-Dramas 

Only dramas that ended in 2023 are included in the poll. Also, due to technical limitations we could only include the most popular dramas in the poll. We apologize if your favorite drama isn't included, but you can still promote them in this thread ;)

Don't worry if you didn't watch any dramas in one of the categories. You can always choose "none/something else" as the option for that question. :kiss_wink:

5eb0a626ac43ae1c8e7ab9e2770651a79f9aa76a

cr. to owner

The poll closes on January 18th.

Thank you to @gm4queen for the event banner. :heart:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

tagging:

Spoiler

@MayanEcho  @joccu  @Thong Thin  @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  @superspace  @000231846597  @Wuzetian  @4evrkdrama  @Min2206  @gm4queen  @sadthe1st  @Learry  @larus  @SilverDawn  @singlebilingual  @pompyavi 

@SuZy Leoo  @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  @willenette  @rocher22  @africandramalover  @Pyar  @rogue  @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @RollyPenny  @Megan  @kdramagrandma  @msdot  @CallieP  @syntyche  @Nikaa  @JoannaID  @scrawford  @madmad min  @CarolynH

@tas82  @Gisell Gisell  @Jeannie  @Sakurafairy  @gtLmh0622  @Jiyuu  @kittyna 

@UnniSarah  @booha  @YongZura⁷  @maribella  @pauliza  @valinor500  @flutterby06  @kembie  @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @nrllee  @ktcjdrama  @Biology Lesson

@azureblue7  @Prettysup  @Ayame  @yoeda  @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @morningdew 

@hola2jin  @airgelaal  @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly  @usadango 

@pad-hari  @Naty828  @tofumochu  @Yinye  @Firefly  @SophieH 

@asiaren  @blackberrypie  @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh  @brooksmom  @LeftCoastOppa

@frozentundra  @rogue  @ibru  @itsmeash  @rocat  @Tamakins  @Hannahmiriam  @Rumaizah Muhammed 

@liyahsbutterfly @SC2019  @ferily  @serenilmauve  @Lmangla 

@Lu099  @andy78  @TheQueenReturns  @lilian c  @-jadecloud-  @D27Gjk68  @Sunset  @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae  @chickfactor  @DrBooger  @tiMadam  @hsmz 

@tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321  @Dhakra  @sweetroad  @hyall  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @angela0612  @Kate Llama 

@kimlees  @lduc  @anyeze  @jadore1  @haruhi17  @lila21  @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo 

@TheaN  @wywp  @balletgoddess  @Lusianaaolivary  @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@leo2020  @knkg @Kathy  @Kari Sama  @irilight  @illay  @Haeun  @Fata Morgana  @DreamCatcher2011  @cherry47  @bunnycotton143  @aprilfive  @anzomi  @Annykey  @an-naum  @ammu82  @AkiChan  @0ly40  @-Love Blossom-   

@CupcakeEonni  @Auntie Mame  @Yazusa    @cikqueen   

@SleepyKitty  @marrez1  @suga02pearl    @fieza1871  @Tuiwgn  @lilyphenix  @omiki  

@breakmyheart  @Rollito Deprimavera  @Pinkypoo  @ilovenico @Jcanqueen12 @Newbie21SG @Helena  @caterpillar59

@whome  @u8017  @vintage  @Table122000  @sugarcream  @roli  @Rabbit_Small  @pocca  @Nermeen نرمين   @Man-O-Man  

@mirimiri  @byeolie  @Angelfish  @Lindyloo421  @yamiyugi     

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

• partyon changed the title to Soompi Forums Awards: Best Daily/Weekend Dramas, C-Dramas and Best of the Rest of K-Dramas (2023) - Poll #2

Hidden Love for the fluff, growing up pains, waiting for the right time, and taking chances!

:heart4:

I lived for the iconic scenes, LOL! Here's the drunken Sang Zhi scene, one of the favourites for novel/manhua readers and drama watchers alike.

Then there's Duan Jia Xu's breakdown scene after his father's death. It wasn't the crying, but what he asked.

Sang Zhi's airport scenes.

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

*** I don’t watch daily dramas. But, I noticed that some older dramas are being shown lately as daily. I usually stay away from these because they can range from 50 episode dramas to your typical 16 episodes. That’s way too much for my attention span.  However, in case one of my biases will be on it in the future, I guess I can enjoy it. Yes, to a certain degree maybe. Daily dramas are typically low budget, not very high quality in my opinion. Most of the time the writers have to scramble to keep adding more problems to the plot to keep things interesting so you keep tuning in, day after day. – hahaha -  :Megalol:   That’s the point of daily dramas. For me, they don’t really have any substance to them, they are simply made to entertain you briefly. They can’t be compared to your favorite high quality A-list Kdrama, so I do not compare them but rather embrace them for what they are.

I like a good weekend drama. I also noticed that daily or family weekend K-Dramas aren’t getting as much attention internationally compared to those K-Dramas that have Hallyu actors and actresses. Well, at the end of the day, I think a true Kdrama addict, loves all types of dramas.  :kitty:

I hardly watch C-dramas unless my biases are on it.  :heart3:

These are the other (2) K-dramas, which are also the best for me.

Black Knight - The story itself is a bit confusing if you just go by the explanation given in the opening of the first episode. There are so many disconnects between the subplots and the character journey’s that, ultimately, makes it difficult to watch Black Knight. But, I pulled it through because of Kim Woo Bin. There were times for me that there was no excitement to leave me begging for more as one episode ends. The show drags out and lingers too long on inconsequential scenes. It’s all so unsatisfying, to say the least. Though, perhaps there is one silver lining: Black Knight has excellent, nail-biting action sequences. They are exceptionally choreographed. But, it’s not a show that will likely be remembered in my opinion.

Boyhood - Gosh, Siwan’s acting skills will never cease to amaze me here — gone is his polished idol persona. Im Si Wan is brilliant! There were episodes, which were LOL funny. Im Si-wan is a joy to watch. He's into a different character than his previous works. He fits just fine as a high schooler even though in reality he is 35 years old. He’s also good in a comedy-drama.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

CDramas were better for me than KDrama in 2023...

Best of the ones I watched were Meet Yourself, All The Way to The Sun and Hilarious Family.

Meet Yourself was the perfect slice of life, All the Way to The Sun was the perfect, well acted adult drama, and Hilarious Family was the most perfect Chinese drama for me (Hit every romance and comedy plot beat, the actors delivered 150%, the script was so solid I am honestly shocked and happy at the level of quality, and the production was perfect)

• Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hidden Love for the fluff, growing up pains, waiting for the right time, and taking chances!

When I was researching 2023 c-dramas, it seems like Hidden Love was the #1 drama for most this year. :glasses:

3 hours ago, willenette said:

I like a good weekend drama. I also noticed that daily or family weekend K-Dramas aren’t getting as much attention internationally compared to those K-Dramas that have Hallyu actors and actresses.

In a way it's kind of sad, because weekend dramas were my favorite ones 10 years ago. They were high quality and interesting. Too bad they lost their mojo.

29 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

CDramas were better for me than KDrama in 2023...

I feel like anything was better than kdramas in 2023 :joy:

30 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

Best of the ones I watched were Meet Yourself, All The Way to The Sun and Hilarious Family.

How many c-dramas did you watch in total? How many kdramas in total? Am always amazed at your total drama count! :kisslevel:

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

These are the few c-drama that I liked and listed here for 2023

The Starry Love(the only c-drama of 2023 that I  re-watched)

052d5a1667fa1eb04f89262c721c006b9157efdc

Hidden Love

7c65fd9537a181cfc0bf17dde8ba11d8284c56ef

Story of Kunning Palacebbd8c0e3b73f2918663a0d671a8c12decd36af93

The Blood of Youth

Spoiler

6272a8f541137fae87da6ed9c6d8fb054e9bfe10
bdaf01687fe7701d0a3a4c9def3d1db2f68ccf9e

Also i included Road  Home as one of my favorite c-drama2cfb409bded631456621e9f489aa9ac3c76959b2

He cooked for her.
She gave him have the first bite.
He wanted her to be warm.

Road Home (2023)

bonus :show his Abs :kitty:

Spoiler

37a65236449fa454b4347f6c64a22b6d9c726bb7

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, kingpin said:

He cooked for her.
She gave him have the first bite.
He wanted her to be warm.

Road Home (2023)

bonus :show his Abs

Was that Tang Song Yun? Her dramas and chemistry with her MLs are often on point.

Starry Love, Kunning Palace, and Blood of Youth are also in my to watch list. I've always liked costume dramas, since the cast not only have to prepare longer for their scenes, the costumes are not always comfortable either especially when they are filming during summer.

3 hours ago, partyon said:

When I was researching 2023 c-dramas, it seems like Hidden Love was the #1 drama for most this year.

Hidden Love have plenty of things to like. :) For one, there aren't annoying 2nd ML or FL to create dramas or conflicts for ML and FL. No, the elder brother doesn't count, hehehe! Two, the adorable little drunkard talked about her being flat-chested, LMAO! I've yet to see another movie or drama that discussed that kind of topic with the ML. :D Three, the cast wardrobe and accessories. FL used her own, and she arranged with her contacts and friends for the other cast members. Hence, there aren't repetition of outfits, and all are in good taste.

MV5BZjBkODcxZTUtNDJhNi00NGM2LWIzM2YtYjJh

ctto

• Like 1
  • Blob 5

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Was that Tang Song Yun? Her dramas and chemistry with her MLs are often on point.

Starry Love, Kunning Palace, and Blood of Youth are also in my to watch list. I've always liked costume dramas, since the cast not only have to prepare longer for their scenes, the costumes are not always comfortable either especially when they are filming during summer.

@MayanEchoyes chingu, and agree with you she had good chem. with her most ML:thumbsup: in road home she was with Jing Boran ,my all-time fav. was Under the Power withRen Jia Lun

d12195b9613721f0cbc7bf7d66e4ce4193790904

6a2b31b275239098c7b054a9370f6dd9fdffd109

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

None of my favorite cdramas are on the poll. :( My favorites were (in no particular order)...

Here We Meet Again

Love of Replica

Fake it Till You Make It

Parallel World

The Forbidden Flower

The Princess and the Werewolf

Hello, I'm at Your Service

Exploration Method of Love

To Ship Someone

Miss Mystery

Cdramas really were the supreme dramas in 2023, imo! :takemymoney:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

1) Daily/weekend dramas - sorry I don't watch all of these.

2) C-dramas - none of the c-drama in my favourite list.

The top 3 most impressive China drama for 2023

Top 1  The Knockout (must special thank to @Wuzetian who recommended me to watch) - Bravo - 3 thumbs up 
Top 2  Three-body
Top 3  Thirteen years of dust

The other two are my favourite and memorable c-drama (very high rating in China platform)

The Rebel (2021) 

The long night (2020)

3) Best of the Rest of K-Dramas - I can only choose queen of mask and trolley - so far are the better ones in the list.

Glad that you are catching up for The Kidnapping Day...

I will try to finish the Death Game and Gyeongseong Creature (both - so far so good)  and will give my comments later when I have more time. Sorry chingu Need to go out now. Take care :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

The Longest Promise... I simply love when Xiao Zhan is on the screen... :D

5900149245db0a422c4d57856a828b8fca39d990

c57dcf7d5c7c8fd623c0ebafca19bbd7feabdc0e

The Youth Memories...my fav scenes... :D

The ML and the FL...

The ML and the SFL..

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

On 1/5/2024 at 5:52 PM, kingpin said:

bonus :show his Abs

Whoa! Glad to see some abs, since kdramas seems to have gotten rid of them.

On 1/5/2024 at 6:32 PM, MayanEcho said:

Two, the adorable little drunkard talked about her being flat-chested, LMAO! I've yet to see another movie or drama that discussed that kind of topic with the ML. :D

LOL :D

On 1/6/2024 at 12:08 AM, itsmeash said:

None of my favorite cdramas are on the poll. :( My favorites were (in no particular order)...

On 1/6/2024 at 5:59 AM, lebeaucouple said:

2) C-dramas - none of the c-drama in my favourite list.

Sorry, chingus :tears: I researched various different sites to gain an understanding of which c-dramas were the most popular (as I don't watch them myself). To my understanding there were 578 c-dramas listed for 2023 in Mydramalist. That's a lot! (For reference, there were only 131 kdramas last year.) Unfortunately we could only include 19 in the poll....

On 1/6/2024 at 12:08 AM, itsmeash said:

Cdramas really were the supreme dramas in 2023, imo!

You're not the only one to say that... Kdramas were not that good in 2023.

On 1/6/2024 at 2:41 AM, frozentundra said:

Hidden Love was great! Also, Road Home, which somehow isn't on this list.

So many people are loving Hidden Love. What is it about?

On 1/6/2024 at 5:59 AM, lebeaucouple said:

I will try to finish the Death Game and Gyeongseong Creature (both - so far so good)  and will give my comments later when I have more time. Sorry chingu Need to go out now. Take care :) 

Death's Game was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow2:

23 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The Longest Promise... I simply love when Xiao Zhan is on the screen... :D

LOL :D Strange for a man to stop a woman from going lower.... :hwaiting2:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 4

2 hours ago, partyon said:

So many people are loving Hidden Love. What is it about?

It's not a complicated storyline; it's just very, very well done. It's about a girl who develops a crush on her older brother's friend (they're like 5 years older than her, and she's in 8th grade when it starts) because he poses as her brother to go intervene with the teacher when she gets in trouble. So they develop this sort of friendship (he has no idea of the crush until much later when the age isn't a problem), and then eventually when she's older it moves into something more. What people like about it I think is that the acting and the way the script portrays the process of growing up and forming meaningful relationships is really honest and rings true. Like, it makes you remember your own first crush, and you can sympathize with the ups and downs of growing up and becoming your own person. The characters are super likable and it's both funny and sad, and the chemistry is top notch. I don't watch a lot of Cdramas myself and I also tend to gravitate more towards plot-heavy stories, maybe with some magical elements,, but every so often there is a realistic story or Cdrama that is just SO well done that it gets under my skin and doesn't let go. This was one of them.

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

On 1/5/2024 at 3:42 PM, partyon said:

How many c-dramas did you watch in total? How many kdramas in total? Am always amazed at your total drama count!

I'm scared to count.... I WATCHED too many dramas. lol!! (⁠✷⁠‿⁠✷⁠)

I also forgot to add "One Day Off", which was a brilliant, lovely drama. I didn't want to watch it because it seemed like a travelogue (I hate preachy, emotional blackmail), but man, was it a reveal or what!! Quick and easy to watch if you're interested, but hits the emotional notes. Very much a KDrama, but very different in execution that made it memorable and unique. If I'm not wrong, they're considering season two because it was very popular, a sleeper hit. It suits the lead actress very much, because she is low-key quirky. I can see why she chose to star in the drama.

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

12 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

I'm scared to count.... I WATCHED too many dramas. lol!! (⁠✷⁠‿⁠✷⁠)

Noooo... You gotta tell us, chingu! :D You know how we EOs are always waiting eagerly to hear how many dramas you completed....

Despicable Me Please GIF

12 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

also forgot to add "One Day Off", which was a brilliant, lovely drama. I didn't want to watch it because it seemed like a travelogue (I hate preachy, emotional blackmail), but man, was it a reveal or what!!

Oh, I heard about this drama. It stars Lee Na Young (who is married to Won Bin IRL). @larus it's this lady that Yoongi invited to Suchwita.

17064ecb-4c16-42da-a7d8-8a5cbc5897b1.jpg

What dramas are you watching currently btw?

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

37 minutes ago, partyon said:

Noooo... You gotta tell us, chingu! :D You know how we EOs are always waiting eagerly to hear how many dramas you completed....

Hehehe! No one online produced one of those end year "how many dramas did you watch in 2023?" images that I use to keep count, so I put off the exercise.  I'll count them before I sleep. I am curious too.

37 minutes ago, partyon said:

My Demon

Story of Park's Marriage Contract

Tell Me You Love Me

Marry My Husband

Maestra

Welcome to Samdalri

My happy Ending

Between him and her

Death Game

Gyeongseong creature

Story of Kunning Palace

Sparkling Watermelon 

Someday (2006)

I'm also rewatching:

More Beautiful Than A Flower (2004) - the drama that made me a KDrama lover

What's Up Fox (2006)

Age of Youth

Something in The Rain

SKY Castle

This list is already exhausting, so I don't know what I'll do with all the good 2024 CDramas I want to watch already!

My plan this year is to watch a drama to completion before I pick another, especially those rewatches, instead of having multiple dramas on the list:relaxed:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

Oh, I heard about this drama. It stars Lee Na Young (who is married to Won Bin IRL). @larus it's this lady that Yoongi invited to Suchwita.

I know Lee Na Young and I will watch the episode.

None. I finished today School 2013 and Story of Park's Marriage Contract. 

About the poll.

1)I did not watch any daily or weekend drama this year (I never watched a daily and rarely a family drama).

2) I watched only one Cdrama this year:  Reset (2022)

3) From the list I watched only two dramas and I voted for them (Queenmaker and Song of the Bandits).  I am not sure if I watched the second season of Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist. I don`t remember. :joy:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, africandramalover said:

Hehehe! No one online produced one of those end year "how many dramas did you watch in 2023?" images that I use to keep count, so I put off the exercise.  I'll count them before I sleep. I am curious too.

My guess is that you completed 67 kdramas, 25 cdramas and 1 Japanese drama.

Am I close? :highonflowers:

1 hour ago, africandramalover said:

My Demon

Story of Park's Marriage Contract

Tell Me You Love Me

Marry My Husband

Maestra

Welcome to Samdalri

My happy Ending

Between him and her

Death Game

Gyeongseong creature

Story of Kunning Palace

Sparkling Watermelon 

Someday (2006)

Omo! That's a lot of dramas!

Of those I completed Story of Park's Marriage Contract and Death's Game.

I dropped My Demon after ep 2.

I am FFing Welcome to Samdalri (need to catch up on ep 12)

I am currently watching My Happy Ending and Marry My Husband.

(Am also watching The Day of the Kidnapping)

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

my fav thai drama 2023

My favorite Thai lakorn was The Betrayal. Anne's portrayal of the wife whose husband does the unthinkable was riveting and amazing!

28dfb41cc65fed4bf6260b3dcdab840cc3d36989

And when she starts her revenge by cheating on him:

f5981c8b81643aaf388aa450f101f047bfb40dfe

21ec43689ba28558309090b8cb2f012bc3ed2906

cr. to owners

10 minutes ago, larus said:

None. I finished today School 2013 and Story of Park's Marriage Contract. 

Oh, how did you like the ending of Park's Marriage Contract?

Yoongi says hi :kiss_wink:

1c0cdfc35dc35bb57a84cbe92da6048421d4e702

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 3