Scrap That Ending! My OTP Should Have Ended Up Together....

partyon

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which drama OTP couple should have ended up together? (choose as many as you like)

• K2 - Kim Je Ha (Ji Chang Wook) and Choi Yoo Jin (Song Yoon Ah)
    • Feel Good To Die - Lee Luda (Baek Jin Hee) and Kang Joon Ho (Gong Myung)
    • Hit The Top / The Best Hit - Choi Woo Seung (Lee Se Young) and Lee Ji Hoon (Kim Min Jae)
    • She Was Pretty - Kim Hye Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) and Kim Shin Hyuk (Siwon)
    • Start Up - Seo Dal Mi (Suzy) and Han Ji Pyung (Kim Seon Ho)
    • Cheese In The Trap #1 - Hong Seol (Kim Go Eun) and Yoo Jung (Park Hae Jin)
    • Cheese In The Trap #2 - Hong Seol (Kim Go Eun) and Baek In Ho (Seo Kang Joon)
    • Who Are You: School 2015 - Lee Eun Bi (Kim So Hyun) and Kong Tae Kwang (Yook Sung Jae)
    • Boys Over Flowers - Geum Jan Di (Koo Hye Sun) and Yoo Ji Hoo (Kim Hyun Joong)
    • While You Were Sleeping - Nam Hong Ju (Suzy) and Han Woo Tak (Jung Hae In)
    • Sungkyunkwan Scandal - Kim Yoon Hee (Park Min Young) and "Crazy Horse" Moon Jae Shin (Yoo In Ah)
    • Chuno - Eonnyeon (Lee Da Hae) and Lee Dae Gil (Jang Hyuk)
    • Kill Me Heal Me - Oh Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) and Shin Se Gi (Ji Sung)
    • My Girl - Joo Yoo Rin (Lee Da Hae) and Seo Jung Woo (Lee Jun Ki)
    • Heirs - Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye) and Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin)
    • Reply 1994 - Sung Na Jung (Go Ara) and Chil Bong Yi (Yoo Yeon Seok)
    • You're Beautiful - Go Mi Nam (Park Shin Hye) and Kang Shin Woo (Jung Yong Hwa)
    • True Beauty - Lim Joo Kyung (Moon Ga Young) and Han Seo Joon (Hwang In Youp)
    • Reply 1988 - Sung Deok Sun (Hyeri) and Kim Jung Hwan (Ryu Jun Yeol)
    • Something else. What? / None of the above
  2. 2. Which drama OTP couple should have ended up together? (choose as many as you like)

• Nevertheless - Yoo Na Bi (Han So Hee) and Yang Do Hyuk (Cha Jong Hyeop)
    • Born Again - Jung Sa Bin/Jung Ha Eun (Jin Se Yeon) and Kim Soo Hyuk / Cha Hyung Bin (Lee Soo Hyuk)
    • Love Alarm - Kim Jo Jo (Kim So Hyun) and Hwang Sun Oh (Song Kang)
    • Hotel del Luna - Jang Man Wol (IU) and Goo Chan Sung (Lee Do Hyun)
    • 100 Days My Prince - Hong Shim (Nam Ji Hyun) and Jung Yae Yoon (Kim Seon Ho)
    • Autumn In My Heart - Yoon Eun Suh (Song Hye Kyo) and Han Tae Suk (Woo Bin)
    • Mr. Sunshine - Go Ae Sin (Kim Tae Ri) and Gu Dong Mae (Yoo Yeon Seok)
    • Her Private Life - Sung Deok Mi (Park Min Young) and Nam Eun Ki (Ahn Bo Young)
    • Hwarang - Ah Ro (Go Ara) and King Jinheyung (Park Hyung Sik)
    • Shine or Go Crazy - Wang So (Jang Hyuk) and Shin Yool (Oh Yeon Seo)
    • Something else. What? / None of the above
    • Alchemy of Souls - Mu Deok / Naksu (Jung So Min / Go Youn Jung) and Seo Yul (Hwang Min Hyun)
    • Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - Jung Joon Hyung (Nam Joo Hyuk) and Song Shi Ho (Kyung Soo Jin)
    • Fated to Love You - Kim Mi Young (Jang Nara) and Daniel Pitt (Choi Jin Hyuk)
    • Love In The Moonlight - Kim Ra On (Kim You Jung) and Kim Yoon Sang (Jung Jin Young)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/2024 at 08:00 AM

1710864386-femalelead.jpg

You know how it is. You're watching a kdrama, and you get second lead syndrome (SLS). You become invested in the FL's and 2nd ML's relationship, but 99% of the time you will be sorely disappointed in the end. Because the FL will pick the wrong guy! 😡

Only once in a blue moon will the FL end up with the 2nd ML, like in:

SPOILER

Spoiler

Mama Fairy and The Woodcutter, Love Alarm, The King In Love, Reply 1988, My Holo Love, Dream High and not forgetting Empress Ki.

hwan4.jpg

So our question this time is:

Which kdramas disappointed you the most when the FL picked the wrong guy? Which drama's ending should be rewritten so that YOUR OTP can end up together?

Let us know by voting in the poll. You can also nominate a drama and we'll include it. 😎

kdrama_thoughts_second_leads.jpg

1. K2 - Kim Je Ha and Choi Yoo Jin

He protected her every step of the way and their chemistry was off the charts. This could have been the perfect Noona Romance!

Spoiler

original-4.gif?w=656

67268efd7779416a1ba495069b69c7249afa9f08

2. Feel Good to Die

The original webtoon had the FL and 2nd ML end up together because he was a kind nice supportive guy. We even got a kiss in one of the early episode. But.... The screenwriter had her fall in love with the totally insufferable narcissistic ML instead. 😒

Spoiler

6941df77769f49deafdb8941a69ef203.jpeg?s=

3. Hit The Top / The Best Hit

I don't care what anybody says! The ML played by Yoon Shi Yoon totally stole his son's (2nd ML) girlfriend! 2nd ML ended up with nothing.... Dad of the year award goes to... 😒

Spoiler

5.jpg

4. She Was Pretty

Energetic, funny, kind, caring and a bit goofy. You can be yourself with him, and he is in love with you. So tell us why you didn't choose him? 😮

Spoiler

tumblr_nvwxxmIOvz1uq4zv4o3_r1_540.gif

5. Start Up

The guy has dimples! DIMPLES!!!! @agenth

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCIAKENAF8q

6. Cheese In The Trap #1

Deviating from the original webtoon, the drama started focusing on the 2nd lead instead of the ML. In the end, the FL doesn't end up together with either the ML or the 2nd ML. Should Hong Seol have ended up with Yoo Jung....?

Spoiler

cheese_in_the_trap-005.jpg

7. Cheese In The Trap #2

.... or with Baek In Ho?

Spoiler

8vmzei45.gif?w=451&h=278

8. Who Are You: School 2015

The 2nd ML was deemed to be super adorable by fans and he very much in love with the FL. But despite the awesome chemistry, she goes for the ML. The second drama in this poll where Nam Joo Hyuk's character steals the FL. He is good.

Spoiler

88a03d48327e8aa669d9e4ddb027c32e9bfd9553

9. Boys Over Flowers

A fortune teller once told the FL that the ML was her future husband, the 2nd ML was her soulmate. Why not make the soulmate her husband was what a lot of people wanted to know? Maybe it was because he was always sad. And always playing the violin. In a sad way. :D

Spoiler

8e13ca74b0e54721506fc76db3220c99.jpg

10. While You Were Sleeping

This drama had a lot of people shipping Suzy's and Jung Hae In's characters. But she chooses the ML played by Lee Jong Suk. It's hard to resist Jung Hae In's puppy eyes and sweet character... Or abs 😈

Spoiler

266e719e2620bac95d10a4c15d2a8a5c.jpg

11. Sungkyunkwan Scandal

The FL had 3 men to choose from in this drama! No wonder that SLS ensued. Crazy Horse played by Yoo Ah In seemed to especially capture many viewers' hearts.

Spoiler

710d85d37b33f0743a04057f2b9dad35.jpg

12. Chuno

While the ML was trying to find his first love, FL had already fallen in love with the 2nd ML - a fellow slave. Ah, such a sweet romance. And FL chose the 2nd ML in the end, leaving Jang Hyuk high and dry. 💔

Spoiler

chuno6.jpg

13. Kill Me Heal Me

Sure, the ML had 7 personalities, and technically the FL ended up with the "same guy" in the end. But many of the viewers' hearts was beating faster every time Shin Se Gi came on screen with his smoldering sexy look. Who wouldn't want to be swept off their feet by a bad boy? 😍

Spoiler

3088d046d5afa22094f84c420533bbdd73d75729

14. My Girl

Lee Jun Ki was one of the first actors to illicit Second Lead Syndrome in the early years of the Hallyu Wave. He was just too adorbs. But he had tough competition in the form of Lee Dong Wook as the ML.

Spoiler

a4be01e884c58aa076eeef3d19e918b0.jpg

15. Heirs

Both the ML and the 2nd ML were equally insufferable. Yet, many fell way harder for the 2nd ML who started off as the antagonist but slowly inched his way closer to the FL. In the end, many were rooting for him - but in vain. 😭

Spoiler

0f353df08293b0f29bf77d49ada1db9f.jpg

16. Reply 1994

The Chilbong Yi - Najung ship was one of the strongest sailing ships in 2013. It also created huge fan wars back in the day. The word on the street was that this couple was set to marry, but because the Trash-Na Jung fandom was larger, the writer changed the guy in the end. <shrug>

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

17. You're Beautiful

The 2nd ML's handsome looks and sweet personality had many people rooting for him to get the girl in this drama. Despite not getting the girl, Jung Yong Hwa and Park Shin Hye reunited in Heartstrings - where they did end up together. Yay! 🥳

Spoiler

He's_Beautiful-23.jpg

18. True Beauty

Ya! The 2nd ML with the leather jacket and a motorcycle, who had a soft heart only for the FL stole everyone's hearts. He was a great friend, and his little dance in his underwear was the icing on the cake. :wub:

Spoiler

insert-1.jpg

19. Reply 1988

Everyone thought that our guy was the ML and he even confessed AND proposed to the FL! But SHE REJECTED HIM and chose the 2nd ML instead!?!!?!? What happened? We still have questions....

Spoiler

reply1988-kim-jung-hwan.gif

20. Nevertheless

The ML was a walking red flag. 🚩The 2nd ML a green flag. 🟩 Who do you think the FL chose? Hint: not the guy who got the girl in the webtoon....

Spoiler

Chae-Jong-Hyeop-02.jpg

21. Born Again

This drama had a complex plot where the charming 2nd ML has been in love forever with the ML. The ML who is a serial killer also falls for her. They all meet again years later as reincarnated souls. People were pretty shocked when she chose the ML in the end, leaving Lee Soo Hyuk alone. As always. :unamused:

Spoiler

kbsdrama-4-caomgz9afcn-e10bf4e3dff34ea00

22. Love Alarm

X (formerly Twitter) went wild when Jo Jo chose Hye Jong instead of Hwang Sun Oh in the end. Many people were extremely disappointed and shed crocodile tears for Sung Ho. 🥹

Spoiler

e3881730-c5ff-11e9-909b-f32d6889d441_800

23. Hotel del Luna

The 2nd ML's cheeky yet sweet smile and unwavering support and loyalty for the FL created major SLS for many. Why did she not choose him? 🥺

Spoiler

hotel-del-luna.jpeg

24. 100 Days My Prince

Kim Seon Ho's dimples at it again!

Spoiler

100-days-my-prince-kim-sun-ho.jpg

25. Autumn In My Heart

One of the most controversial 2nd leads on this list. He pursued the FL incessantly and pushed her quite hard. But many found it still admirable when he offered to take care of her when she fell ill. And he's Won Bin after all.

Spoiler

ca4f48bbda9a8bc29a53b07dea8af5dd.jpg

26. Mr. Sunshine

The 2nd ML was absolutely merciless (and not in a good way) in this drama! Yet just because he had a soft spot for the FL, some hoped he would end up with her. "Reformed tsundere character syndrome" I call this belief. :D It does not exist IRL, peeps.

Spoiler

MV5BOTljMzA3YWEtZjAxMS00MTg0LThmZWItMzE4

27. Her Private Life

Ever since he was young, the 2nd ML had his eyes on the FL - always there for her. Probably one of the saddest unrequited loves on this list....

Spoiler

in_photos__k-dramas_that_gave_us_second_

28. Hwarang

The FL lost her chance to marry the 2nd ML played by Park Hyung Sik when she chose the guy with the bad wigs in Hwarang. Even Park Seo Joon said in an interview later that he would have gone for Park Hyung Sik oppa's character because he had it all - the looks, the money, the body and the charms. 😅

Spoiler

28f52ef0126f9f2d90e141bb8bfc922f.jpg

29. Shine Or Go Crazy

The FL character nominated by @Biology Lesson . Apparently the 2nd FL was a snooze and the FL wasn't, but ML doesn't end up with FL in the end for some inexplicable reason?

Spoiler

Shine_or_Go_Crazy-014.jpg

30. Alchemy of Souls

She was his first love, and he probably was hers too. But he was a 2nd ML. He didn't stand a chance. 😭 - nominated by @LeftCoastOppa

Spoiler

alchhhjpg-20221119014937.jpg

31. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

The 2nd FL and ML were a couple but broke up. She should have been given a second chance (according to @Dhakra who nominated her)

Spoiler

Nam-Joo-Hyuk-Kyung-Soo-Jin-1.png?w=140&h

32. Fated To Love You

When not even a hot, supportive and tall neighborhood oppa can sweep you off your feet, what chance does any other 2nd ML have? :bawling: - nominated by @sweetroad

Spoiler

7b0614eb479c214b160841c24bb2755d.jpg

33. Love In The Moonlight

Even though Bogummy is the dreamiest ML you can hope for, there were still plenty of people shipping the handsome 2nd ML with the FL. Nominated by @willenette

Spoiler

Jinyoung-Moonlight-Drawn-By-Clouds.jpg

Tell us when you got bad Second Lead Syndrome and if you were sorely disappointed in the end?

0ac076a302a5142af35607fd0557c2d0.jpg

As always feel free to comment below!

PS. Remember to tell us who to add to the poll before voting. :kiss_wink:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

tagging

Spoiler

MayanEcho  @joccu  @Thong Thin  @kokodus  @Ameera Ali  @superspace  @000231846597  @Wuzetian  @4evrkdrama  @Min2206  @gm4queen  @sadthe1st  @Learry  @larus  @SilverDawn  @singlebilingual  @pompyavi 

@SuZy Leoo  @Shining tiara  @*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*  @willenette  @rocher22  @africandramalover  @Pyar  @rogue  @LovelyBirdAndYoo  @RollyPenny  @Megan  @kdramagrandma  @msdot  @CallieP  @syntyche  @Nikaa  @JoannaID  @scrawford  @madmad min  @CarolynH

@tas82  @Gisell Gisell  @Jeannie  @Sakurafairy  @gtLmh0622  @Jiyuu  @kittyna 

@UnniSarah  @booha  @YongZura⁷  @maribella  @pauliza  @valinor500  @flutterby06  @kembie  @tinatrix236  @inspiredbyshj  @sakurapotter  @SophieH  @nrllee  @ktcjdrama  @Biology Lesson

@azureblue7  @Prettysup  @Ayame  @yoeda  @dramafan33  @Joanna Alfson  @morningdew 

@hola2jin  @airgelaal  @lebeaucouple  @xylaxyly  @usadango 

@pad-hari  @Naty828  @tofumochu  @Yinye  @Firefly  @SophieH 

@asiaren  @blackberrypie  @SexyDolceVita  @goshhh  @brooksmom  @LeftCoastOppa

@frozentundra  @rogue  @ibru  @itsmeash  @rocat  @Tamakins  @Hannahmiriam  @Rumaizah Muhammed 

@liyahsbutterfly @SC2019  @ferily  @serenilmauve  @Lmangla 

@Lu099  @andy78  @TheQueenReturns  @lilian c  @-jadecloud-  @D27Gjk68  @Sunset  @youactlikeicare  @Kdramabae  @youngae  @chickfactor  @DrBooger  @tiMadam  @hsmz 

@tulip06  @Kris Silva  @Tongtong  @ptp321  @Dhakra  @sweetroad  @hyall  @nohamahamoud2002  @Gumiho  @angela0612  @Kate Llama 

@kimlees  @lduc  @anyeze  @jadore1  @haruhi17  @lila21  @grrly  @ElleSor  @kiotzo 

@TheaN  @wywp  @balletgoddess  @Lusianaaolivary  @RollyPenny  @nateko  @Pitchoum  @sugarplum892 

@leo2020  @knkg @Kathy  @Kari Sama  @irilight  @illay  @Haeun  @Fata Morgana  @DreamCatcher2011  @cherry47  @bunnycotton143  @aprilfive  @anzomi  @Annykey  @an-naum  @ammu82  @AkiChan  @0ly40  @-Love Blossom-   

@CupcakeEonni  @Auntie Mame  @Yazusa    @cikqueen   

@SleepyKitty  @marrez1  @suga02pearl    @fieza1871  @Tuiwgn  @lilyphenix  @omiki  

@breakmyheart  @Rollito Deprimavera  @Pinkypoo  @ilovenico @Jcanqueen12 @Newbie21SG @Helena  @caterpillar59

@whome  @u8017  @vintage  @Table122000  @sugarcream  @roli  @Rabbit_Small  @pocca  @Nermeen نرمين   @Man-O-Man  

@mirimiri  @byeolie  @Angelfish  @Lindyloo421  @yamiyugi

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

• partyon changed the title to Scrap That Ending! My OTP Should Have Ended Up Together....

Where's my K2 gang? @africandramalover @agenth 

noona-jonghyun.gif

Where's my True Beauty gang? @sadthe1st @kingpin @confusedheart 

Where's my Born Again gang? @joccu 

Where's my Mr Sunshine gang? @Sleepy Owl @kokodus

0000650920_001_20180602083022381.jpg?w=5

(So charming.... 😱Why would you ship this guy with the FL Ms. Koko?)

Where's my Reply gang? @kokodus 

Where's my BOF and Heirs gang? @CarolynH @syntyche @Lindyloo421 

Where's my Hit The Top gang? @YongZura⁷

TheBestHit13-00199.jpg

(When your DAD STEALS YOUR GIRLFRIEND! :rage:)

Where's my Chuno gang? @dramafan33  @Biology Lesson @azureblue7 

Where's the gang who would ship everyone with good abs? @Ameera Ali @sadthe1st :D

29a3e29a8c27d4b56c0bed1b19c60285.jpg

Did your OTP end up in the dramas listed above, or did you have a bad case of Second Lead Syndrome?

EDIT: @Biology Lesson chingu nominated Shine or Go Crazy. I will add it to the poll as well. :coolshades:

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon is there any SML syndrome these days twin  , FL would be lucky if she found one normal ML at the end of the drama, with all the  psycho &  red flag SML around  :joy:

I guess we should do an event where we vote for the most psycho MLs and 2nd MLs :joy:

• LOL 5

15 hours ago, partyon said:

Where's my True Beauty gang? @sadthe1st @kingpin @confusedheart

@partyon thanks for the tagged,🌹 I am more into the ML syndrome

19 hours ago, partyon said:

But many of the viewers' hearts was beating faster every time Shin Se Gi came on screen with his smoldering sexy look.

among the SML that you listed I am bias to SSG (Kill me Heal me) that I watched last year

tumblr_njbyf00G5a1qfakbgo4_250.gifvtumblr_njbyf00G5a1qfakbgo5_r1_250.gifv
tumblr_njbyf00G5a1qfakbgo3_r2_250.gifvtumblr_nkegqhOhMb1qfakbgo6_250.gifv

tumblr_njmv5etaKx1qfakbgo7_r1_250.gifv
cto to owner of the gifs
===
14 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon is there any SML syndrome these days twin  , FL would be lucky if she found one normal ML at the end of the drama, with all the  psycho &  red flag SML around  :joy:

14 hours ago, partyon said:

I guess we should do an event where we vote for the most psycho MLs and 2nd MLs :joy:

:approves:

and who could forget the iconic Oppa @Ameera Ali
Spoiler

tumblr_njz7v9qtYD1qfakbgo2_500.gifv

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 2

26 minutes ago, kingpin said:

among the SML that you listed I am bias to SSG (Kill me Heal me) that I watched last year

You know what, I'll be voting for Shin Se Gi as well. Reasons:

#1 He has money

tumblr_nofkj5vImC1r06zw1o1_500.gifv

#2 He knows how to dress and has a nice car

tumblr_nipa5k0Ue01r5c02zo1_400.gif

#3 He is hot!

f473049a3da858479ff0922fe7b0a03f.gif

Okay, so he's a bit immature, but that's a minor inconvenience :D

tumblr_inline_njdwpiNvFX1s0ur6y.gif

J9vW.gif

For people who voted for Kill Me Heal Me, why did you like Shin Se Gi more than Cha Do Hyun?

I remember while watching it in 2015, that I actually thought that Shin Se Gi was the real person, and that Cha Do Hyun was only a personality. I actually remember commenting here on the forum too that my theory was that there would be a twist in the end. Since Oh Ri Jin's first kiss was with Shin Se Gi (not with Cha Do Hyun), it would have made sense. Plus it would have been a nice twist that the bad boy was actually the real person.

If they ever remake KMHM, I hope that they consider giving Shin Se Gi a bigger role. :glasses:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Oh, I nominate- Wang so and Shin Yool... Shine or go crazy had one of the most dissappointing and baffling ending I've ever seen!

Shine or Go Crazy] 빛나거나 미치거나 20회 Kiss, Jang & Oh was a pair of congenial  souls 20150324 - YouTube

Also, I will nominate Doo Chil Sung and Seo Poong from Wok Of love. While the FL was insufferable, these guys' chemistry was off the charts!:D

wok-27-28-featured.png?w=770&h=500&crop=1

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Also, I will nominate Doo Chil Sung and Seo Poong from Wok Of love. While the FL was insufferable, these guys' chemistry was off the charts!:D

There are a lot of bromances I could nominate as well, but we had another event about that last year (I think). There are some legendary bromances out there, Good Manager being my favorite :D

chief-kim-bromance.gif

Chief-Kim-Rivals.gif

948c2d9b950f987c00318a161ad21e42.gif

get.gif

Jun Ho and Namgoong Min won the Best Couple Award that year too :D

• LOL 7

1 minute ago, partyon said:

There are a lot of bromances I could nominate as well, but we had another event about that last year (I think). There are some legendary bromances out there, Good Manager being my favorite :D

Jun Ho and Namgoong Min won the Best Couple Award that year too :D

Oh, I don't mean Bromance.^_^ I mean an actual couple! They were super cute in the show, so this is one of the only pairing I could actually see as a couple. The actual love triangle was super cringey:crazy:

wol_ep_3_0400.jpg?w=605&h=319

wok-2-300x169.jpg

• LOL 5

Just now, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, I don't mean Bromance.^_^ I mean an actual couple! They were super cute in the show, so this is one of the only pairing I could actually see as a couple. The actual love triangle was super cringey:crazy:

Isn't it strange how it's always Lee Junho that has good rapport and chemistry with his male co-stars? :D First Namgoong Min in Good Manager and then Jang Hyuk in Wok of Love.

Guess him being stuck with 5 other guys in 2PM for so many years contributed to that.

cd1777d1022165a5cb9698fe0cb82b78.gif

Btw, the most awkward bromance was for sure in The Heirs. Choi Jin Hyuk oppa's character was NOT having it with Lee Min Ho :D

Fkad.gif

• LOL 7

There's a reason K2 was listed first ... nuff said :glasses:

True Beauty was just heartbreaking ... :heartbreak::cry:

My "Something else. What? / None of the above" ... Alchemy Of Souls - Naksu/Mu Deok & Seo Yul

While I was never a big fan of the pairing, I know alot were, and I'll freely admit this scene pulled hard on the heart strings ...

With that said, the discerning viewer knows Seo Yul was already taken ... even if he himself was unaware 

seo-hye-won-hwang-minhyun.jpg

:heart2beat:

• LOL 4

Oh boy let me pull out my list, OTP who should have been together. 

• Weightling Fairy Kim Bok Joo - Jung Joon Hyeong & Song Shi Ho

The obvious choice, much better chemistry and she learned from her mistake. She was a pure angel after her return. 

• Our Beloved Summer - Choi Woong & NJ 

He was able to be with the most beautiful, caring Idol on this planet and instead he chooses his childhood love. How silly! NJ was so into him, she would have given him the world. She went out of her ways just to impress him, it would have been the perfect love.

Well, the rest of my list, @partyonYa noona, BIBI & JCW technically doesn't really count, right? Because he was married (to the wrong person) and they broke up at the end. 
Although I still believe he traveled to China to find BIBI

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

There's a reason K2 was listed first ... nuff said :glasses:

I haven't watched K2 (I know, it's a travesty because it's a show with oppa). The reason I haven't watched it is because I know enough about the plot, and I would also get Second Lead Syndrome. It would break my heart to watch my oppa in a "forced" romance. @africandramalover has shared heartbreaking gifs of the potential noona romance here before. 😭

8 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

My "Something else. What? / None of the above" ... Alchemy Of Souls - Naksu/Mu Deok & Seo Yul

I have added it to the poll, thanks for the suggestion. 😘 I was initially planning on including it, but I wasn't sure if there were enough people who felt the same way as @sadthe1st and me about the Naksu - Seo Yul pairing. It was a heartbreaking romance for sure. 💔

I still think that the writers could have done more with Alchemy of Souls' plot. In my opinion, it became too convoluted having 4 characters (Naksu, Cho Yeong, Mu Deok, Bu Yeon) in one body (okay, technically only 2, but you know what I mean). I think it would have been more interesting if they hadn't burned Naksu's body in season 1, and kept the 2 main FLs separated but with soul swapping happening during the 2 seasons.

This could have given more possibilities:

• Seo Yul having a love line and happy ending with his first love, original Naksu
  • Bu Yeon actually having a proper story line (and not being just a vessel to bring happiness to others). She could have had the love line and main story with Jang Uk. I think with Bu Yeon's high priestess abilities, it would not have taken away from the impact of their love story

@frozentundra what do you think?

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Oh boy let me pull out my list, OTP who should have been together. 

I included the first one in the poll. 😘 (We normally only add one nomination per member so that everyone has a fair chance to have their nomination included).

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Well, the rest of my list, @partyonYa noona, BIBI & JCW technically doesn't really count, right? Because he was married (to the wrong person) and they broke up at the end. 

I get what you mean, but it wasn't actually a case of Second Lead Syndrome (since he didn't really end up with anyone in the end). And no, I don't think they reunited. :D (I know we disagree on this point).

Originally I also wanted to include this couple in the poll, because they totally DESTROYED my heart. :crybaby:

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Tomorrow-4.jpeg

Tomorrow-3.jpeg

But this was also not a case of SLS, and I know I should try to respect the writer's take on separating this married couple (with amazing chemistry) forever. I still wish they would have given them another ending though.

:brokenheart:

Btw, should any daily drama SLS couples be included? @maribella @liyahsbutterfly @Lmangla @tulip06 & co. Let me know, and I will include them.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, partyon said:

haven't watched K2 (I know, it's a travesty because it's a show with oppa). The reason I haven't watched it is because I know enough about the plot, and I would also get Second Lead Syndrome. It would break my heart to watch my oppa in a "forced" romance.

what

what

WHAT DID I JUST READ

The k2 is a show with oppa and tons of abs scenes!!! 

@Ameera Ali did you know this? Or have you also not watched the k2?

The k2 had a really epic soundtrack and would have been a great show if they focused more on the SL instead of a boring weird romance. 

the archetype of the male taking care of the female was done too extremity here. 

I cringed so hard with the ramen scene too. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

On 3/30/2024 at 12:51 PM, partyon said:

Tell us when you got bad Second Lead Syndrome and if you were sorely disappointed in the end?

Chingu-a,

You posted this pic:

0ac076a302a5142af35607fd0557c2d0.jpg

But are they in the poll? I would totally vote for Choi Jin Hyuk here. He was way nicer than Jang Hyuk :) .

• Like 1
  • LOL 3