Scrap That Ending! My OTP Should Have Ended Up Together....

partyon

Scrap That Ending! My OTP Should Have Ended Up Together....  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which drama OTP couple should have ended up together? (choose as many as you like)

• K2 - Kim Je Ha (Ji Chang Wook) and Choi Yoo Jin (Song Yoon Ah)
    • Feel Good To Die - Lee Luda (Baek Jin Hee) and Kang Joon Ho (Gong Myung)
    • Hit The Top / The Best Hit - Choi Woo Seung (Lee Se Young) and Lee Ji Hoon (Kim Min Jae)
    • She Was Pretty - Kim Hye Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) and Kim Shin Hyuk (Siwon)
    • Start Up - Seo Dal Mi (Suzy) and Han Ji Pyung (Kim Seon Ho)
    • Cheese In The Trap #1 - Hong Seol (Kim Go Eun) and Yoo Jung (Park Hae Jin)
    • Cheese In The Trap #2 - Hong Seol (Kim Go Eun) and Baek In Ho (Seo Kang Joon)
    • Who Are You: School 2015 - Lee Eun Bi (Kim So Hyun) and Kong Tae Kwang (Yook Sung Jae)
    • Boys Over Flowers - Geum Jan Di (Koo Hye Sun) and Yoo Ji Hoo (Kim Hyun Joong)
    • While You Were Sleeping - Nam Hong Ju (Suzy) and Han Woo Tak (Jung Hae In)
    • Sungkyunkwan Scandal - Kim Yoon Hee (Park Min Young) and "Crazy Horse" Moon Jae Shin (Yoo In Ah)
    • Chuno - Eonnyeon (Lee Da Hae) and Lee Dae Gil (Jang Hyuk)
    • Kill Me Heal Me - Oh Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) and Shin Se Gi (Ji Sung)
    • My Girl - Joo Yoo Rin (Lee Da Hae) and Seo Jung Woo (Lee Jun Ki)
    • Heirs - Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye) and Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin)
    • Reply 1994 - Sung Na Jung (Go Ara) and Chil Bong Yi (Yoo Yeon Seok)
    • You're Beautiful - Go Mi Nam (Park Shin Hye) and Kang Shin Woo (Jung Yong Hwa)
    • True Beauty - Lim Joo Kyung (Moon Ga Young) and Han Seo Joon (Hwang In Youp)
    • Reply 1988 - Sung Deok Sun (Hyeri) and Kim Jung Hwan (Ryu Jun Yeol)
    • Something else. What? / None of the above
  2. 2. Which drama OTP couple should have ended up together? (choose as many as you like)

• Nevertheless - Yoo Na Bi (Han So Hee) and Yang Do Hyuk (Cha Jong Hyeop)
    • Born Again - Jung Sa Bin/Jung Ha Eun (Jin Se Yeon) and Kim Soo Hyuk / Cha Hyung Bin (Lee Soo Hyuk)
    • Love Alarm - Kim Jo Jo (Kim So Hyun) and Hwang Sun Oh (Song Kang)
    • Hotel del Luna - Jang Man Wol (IU) and Goo Chan Sung (Lee Do Hyun)
    • 100 Days My Prince - Hong Shim (Nam Ji Hyun) and Jung Yae Yoon (Kim Seon Ho)
    • Autumn In My Heart - Yoon Eun Suh (Song Hye Kyo) and Han Tae Suk (Woo Bin)
    • Mr. Sunshine - Go Ae Sin (Kim Tae Ri) and Gu Dong Mae (Yoo Yeon Seok)
    • Her Private Life - Sung Deok Mi (Park Min Young) and Nam Eun Ki (Ahn Bo Young)
    • Hwarang - Ah Ro (Go Ara) and King Jinheyung (Park Hyung Sik)
    • Shine or Go Crazy - Wang So (Jang Hyuk) and Shin Yool (Oh Yeon Seo)
    • Something else. What? / None of the above
    • Alchemy of Souls - Mu Deok / Naksu (Jung So Min / Go Youn Jung) and Seo Yul (Hwang Min Hyun)
    • Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - Jung Joon Hyung (Nam Joo Hyuk) and Song Shi Ho (Kyung Soo Jin)
    • Fated to Love You - Kim Mi Young (Jang Nara) and Daniel Pitt (Choi Jin Hyuk)
    • Love In The Moonlight - Kim Ra On (Kim You Jung) and Kim Yoon Sang (Jung Jin Young)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/2024 at 08:00 AM

7 hours ago, partyon said:

I included the first one in the poll. 😘 (We normally only add one nomination per member so that everyone has a fair chance to have their nomination included)

The pain of not being able to choose anymore because I already voted "Something else." 

:crybaby:

Good choice to only add one per member, I could have easily created a list of my own. Hahaha.

7 hours ago, partyon said:

I get what you mean, but it wasn't actually a case of Second Lead Syndrome (since he didn't really end up with anyone in the end). And no, I don't think they reunited. :D (I know we disagree on this point).

Well I am very prone to SLS and I totally had it, so in my world it was eligible. :lol:

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

*** I love watching K-dramas with happy endings. I’m a sucker for happy-ending stories. However, just because a couple ended up together doesn't mean that they should have. Majority of them end up getting together, but some of them shouldn't have been with each other in the first place. I couldn’t agree more when you said that “Only once in a blue moon will the FL end up with the 2nd ML” – Since in a “normal” series you'd have FL ending up with a ML. But, sometimes we experience “2nd ML syndrome”. Sometimes we feel that FL and 2nd ML deserve justice. We have surely experienced this condition at least once in our love affair with K-Dramas. Many times, the second male love interest is just as amazing as the first male lead that I sometimes root for him, even though I know it won't work out in the end! Like : Love In the Moonlight (Second lead syndrome is strong in “Love in the Moonlight. That’s why, Park Jin Young’s Yoon Sung certainly gave me this tiny second lead syndrome in the drama since he’s also very endearing but, it’s hard to beat Park Bo Gum’s charms, especially in his role as the adorable Prince Yeong in this series. It's obvious from the beginning who will end up with the FL. And I’m happy for my oppa, of course ) In these following series I also rooted for the 2nd ML but, not disappointed at all of the ending :  :blush:

Spoiler

Boys Over Flowers – The second ML has been perfect all along (Kim Hyun Joong’s Yoon Ji-hoo) while the ML (Lee Min Ho) is a bit of an immature & jerk but finds his way eventually. Ji Hoo was a precious character in the drama. It’s painful but, it’s the truth - that being Mr. Perfect doesn’t always guarantee you’ll get the girl. Ji-hoo is everything that Jun-pyo isn’t - We all know who the girl ends up with in the series. Now, why the FL didn’t choose the second ML? Well, it's a kind of trend or thing which is fixed in K-dramas that the female lead will choose only the ML and the second male lead will be left heartbroken. Therefore, most of the time we can see the male lead to be lucky in love.

Heirs – I was rooting for the second ML but, yes, in vain in the end. And somehow, I’m satisfied with the ending. I don’t want Kim Tan/Lee Min Ho to be heartbroken because if he gets hurt, I will get hurt MORE. LOL – But, who doesn’t love Choi Young Do’s (Kim Woo Bin) character in this series, huh?

My Girl - It's tough to want to change something that you already consider so good. There are certainly tidbits I would maybe feel could be different but then I realized that things worked out really well so maybe it's all good as is. Good shows like this one have ends that justify everything else. But ….there’s (1) drama that I wish the ending should be re-written and that’s Vincenzo. I would like the ending of VINCENZO to be different: Hong cha young (Jeon Yeo Been) and Vincenzo (Song Joong Ki) would be together.

I’m only disappointed of the ending of this drama :  :kitty:

Hwarang – This is because I couldn’t separate myself from the fact that Moo Myung (Park Seo Joon) and Ah Ro (Go Ara) were supposed to be “brothers and sisters”. And I truly believe that Park Hyung Sik deserves Go Ara more.

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Oh no I watch it not only for abs  , at this rate he my oppa more than @partyon  I watch nearly all his drama

Pray tell, did you watch Empress Ki?

woman-staring-hmmmm-0y5iu4pmbe81gn8m.gif

2 hours ago, sweetroad said:

But are they in the poll? I would totally vote for Choi Jin Hyuk here. He was way nicer than Jang Hyuk :) .

I will add Daniel Pitt to the poll.
:wow1:

2 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I also chose Nevertheless as option 2 because I had no choice.

I didn't watch it, but everything that I read about it pointed to the relationship being super toxic... :grimace:

28 minutes ago, willenette said:

: Love In the Moonlight (Second lead syndrome is strong in “Love in the Moonlight. That’s why, Park Jin Young’s Yoon Sung certainly gave me this tiny second lead syndrome in the drama since he’s also very endearing but, it’s hard to beat Park Bo Gum’s charms, especially in his role as the adorable Prince Yeong in this series

I will add Love In the Moonlight to the poll as well!

:happydance:

EDIT: @sweetroad @willenette Your nominations have been added :glasses:

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

Good choice to only add one per member, I could have easily created a list of my own. Hahaha.

Let me guess, your list includes all the 2nd lead ladies you found beautiful :joy:

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1

31 minutes ago, partyon said:

Pray tell, did you watch Empress Ki?

I say nearly all his dramas twin :loolz:

* I even disappeared in rewatching event on it  :phew:

• LOL 4

4 hours ago, partyon said:

Let me guess, your list includes all the 2nd lead ladies you found beautiful

Uhm....no <_< I mean.....maybe yes. But some of them, more than half, were actually much better fits. 

• Blob 3

10 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Uhm....no <_< I mean.....maybe yes. But some of them, more than half, were actually much better fits. 

Exactly, I know you well dongsaeng. :dorakiss:

@willenette Feel free to vote now that I added your nomination. :kiss_wink:

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng pointed out that I messed up Chuno's pairing. Apparently the ones I put into the poll actually did end up together.... Yikes.

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Can't trust google anymore, can you? @Biology Lesson you should have told me :joy:

I have corrected it now in the poll.

• Blob 2

43 minutes ago, partyon said:

Exactly, I know you well dongsaeng. :dorakiss:

@willenette Feel free to vote now that I added your nomination. :kiss_wink:

@partyon  yes, I tried even last night, the time when you added it, but surprisingly, I can't - "vote" doesn't appear for me to do so. How?  :cutekitty:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 2

6 minutes ago, willenette said:

@partyon  yes, I tried even last night, the time when you added it, but surprisingly, I can't - "vote" doesn't appear for me to do so. How? 

Omo! I think you might have tried to vote when I was adding the new options in the poll. If you vote at the same time, the votes won't show up anymore.

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

Omo! I think you might have tried to vote when I was adding the new options in the poll. If you vote at the same time, the votes won't show up anymore.

@partyon it's ok, no worries.   :loveu:

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

Ugh, I can't believe they ended it like that! My OTP deserved better. Their chemistry was off the charts, and the writers just threw it all away. It's so frustrating when you invest in a relationship throughout a series only to have it torn apart in the end. I refuse to accept this ending. My OTP should have ended up together, no questions asked!

I am kinda late to the party. I believe most of the members are already aware of how like many others I really wanted the ML to end up with 2nd FL in K2. Their chemistry was off charts but yeah, it didn't really happen. 

But for me, the biggest upset would be Lee Dae Gil (ML) not ending up with FL in Chuno. It was just so cruel and sad for him there. Dude became a slave hunter with the sole purpose of finding her, and when he finally met her, she had already married Song Tae Ha the 2nd ML. His life would have been totally different had he met FL earlier much before she would fall in love the 2nd ML there. But then again, Chuno is among the rare dramas where the 2nd ML ends up with the girl. :eats:

Similarly I did really think that in Start Up, FL had better chemistry with 2nd ML there, which is why I felt like they suited each other a lot better. Especially after the break where the ML and his friends end up going to US for some years but FL stays. :piggydance:

Talking about Mr. Sunshine, I personally think Gu Dong Mae never had any chance with the FL. I think Kim Hee Sung (call him 2nd ML or 3rd ML, for me personally this dude was 2nd ML) had better chances with FL given the fact that they were actually engaged and suppose to marry each other. Would I really ship them though? Nah, I think I liked the main pairing in Mr. Sunshine there.

Gu Dong Mae actually had a lot better chemistry with Hina Kudo (2nd FL), who was the Hotel Owner in the town and I know many viewers actually shipped them. :exercice:

On 3/31/2024 at 1:46 AM, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, I nominate- Wang so and Shin Yool... Shine or go crazy had one of the most dissappointing and baffling ending I've ever seen!

Yeah, that drama's ending was pretty disappointing for me :isannoyed:

On 3/31/2024 at 1:46 AM, Biology Lesson said:

Also, I will nominate Doo Chil Sung and Seo Poong from Wok Of love. While the FL was insufferable, these guys' chemistry was off the charts!:D

This was one of the main reasons why I didn't drop that drama, otherwise yes, the FL was insufferable there :piggydance:

• Love 1

@Sleepy OwlBetter late than never :dorakiss:@confusedheart we're missing your comments too :kiss_wink:

25 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But then again, Chuno is among the rare dramas where the 2nd ML ends up with the girl.

Yes, this happens only once in a while, but when it does it's equally surprising. For me the best one was Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter where the pairing honestly came as a surprise. It was a good pairing, though, and it totally made sense.

:glasses:

@lebeaucouple I see you voted, but no comment from you, chingu? :scream: Please let us know which was your favorite OTP that should have ended up together.

:sparklyeyes:

@Lmangla sweetie, also waiting for you....

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2

11 hours ago, partyon said:

@lebeaucouple I see you voted, but no comment from you, chingu? :scream: Please let us know which was your favorite OTP that should have ended up together.

I just came back from Taiwan. I was lucky enough to escape the Taiwan earthquake.Thank God...🙏

I did not watch most of the above listed drama except the two :

K2 - Kim Je Ha (Ji Chang Wook) and Choi Yoo Jin (Song Yoon Ah)

Start Up - Seo Dal Mi (Suzy) and Han Ji Pyung (Kim Seon Ho) - the most impressive drama that stir up the commotion. Lol 😄

I remembered there was a huge commotion in the drama comment group for this "start up", there were two groups arguing in the discussion group : 1st FL with 1st ML vs 1st FL with 2nd ML.

I like 2nd ML Kim Seon Ho (The boy with dimples looks gorgeous in this drama) and he became famous overnight (after this drama).

I prefer him in this "Startup" to "Home Cha Cha Cha" :) 

PS : I need to catch up other on-going drama as I just returned lately :

1. Queens of Tears

2. Wonderful world

3. Hide

4. Impossible Heir

5. Nothing Uncovered

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla sweetie, also waiting for you....

kekeke... no dramas came to mind and I didn't watch any of the dramas in the poll. generally I drop dramas if I dislike the direction it is going. :lol:

• Shocked 2
  • LOL 1

Mr. Sunshine

I didnt vote for DM and the FL because I dont like his obsession with the FL.

DM reminded me of Heathcliff  (Wuthering Heights).

I just wanted him to feel like a human being for once when he was with her.

Im glad it happened and that his death was a good death.

I liked the chemistry between them and their scenes were soft and tense. 

5f32c01d28eeb81d3ba75c9185d182de.gif

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... no dramas came to mind and I didn't watch any of the dramas in the poll. generally I drop dramas if I dislike the direction it is going. :lol:

@Lmangla  I never dropped dramas the moment I start watching them especially when my biases are on it. Like you, I've known so many who are dropping dramas if there's no direction.  :heart3:

• Shocked 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

9 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I just came back from Taiwan. I was lucky enough to escape the Taiwan earthquake.Thank God...🙏

Omo! :scream: Glad that you are safe! I was reading about it on the news. My heart goes out to everyone affected by it. 💓

I like 2nd ML Kim Seon Ho (The boy with dimples looks gorgeous in this drama) and he became famous overnight (after this drama).

Ooh, you've got a thing for dimples?

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

Guess who else also has that? @agenth chingu. She's always falling for dimple oppas.

3. Hide

Chingu, am watching it. It's good!

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Jamkkanman, jamkkanman.... Sweetie, I know for a FACT that you watched Fated To Love You!

Bad Boy Dog GIF by Studios 2016

You love your Choi Jin Hyuk oppa.... hehe

tumblr_n1mricK7Du1tnpt5vo2_250.gif&f=1&n

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

DM reminded me of Heathcliff  (Wuthering Heights).

:warning:Mandatory video time :warning:

(In the top 20 "hardest songs to sing" list)

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I just wanted him to feel like a human being for once when he was with her.

Im glad it happened and that his death was a good death.

This is a very mature take on his character. Glad that he got his own kind of closure before his demise.

44 minutes ago, willenette said:

I never dropped dramas the moment I start watching them especially when my biases are on it. Like you, I've known so many who are dropping dramas if there's no direction

I'm the Queen of Dropping Dramas!

Drop The Mic GIF by MOODMAN

Am a busy career woman, have no time to waste on a subpar drama - be it with my bias or not. 😒

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

Jamkkanman, jamkkanman.... Sweetie, I know for a FACT that you watched Fated To Love You!

You love your Choi Jin Hyuk oppa.... hehe

kekekek... but I never wished for her to end up with Choi Jin Hyuk in that drama.... 

• Shocked 2