[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 hours ago, valsava said:

@esma-div  I also think he marries her voluntary because of his support for the CP/King, The CP/King may have guessed his daughter is his biggest weakness and spoke with SO regarding this issue it wouldn't be a bad idea if SO suggested it it shows just how big his heart is in wanting to protect his niece.

I never would have imagine Monday could become such a beloved day of the week

my guess he agree to it, because it was his brother dying wish. the good and loyal brother that he is, it's a symbolic marriage more than anything.

i do pity the little niece, the marriage might just be symbolic, but it's still a marriage, she cant have a real husband when she grew up.

• Like 6

WOOOOOOWWWWWW 1000 PAGES GUYS!!!!!!!!! AMAZING !!!!!!!!! IT SHOWS HOW MUCH WE ARE INVESTED IN THIS DRAMA !!!! Unfortunately for me I don't really have time for now, today it's the week end I'll definitely make some time to watch the two last episodes ! I've been avoiding spoilers since monday !!!! IT HAS BEEN SUCH A STRUGGLE TO NOT BE TEMPTED GUYS !:crazy:

• Like 11

7 hours ago, wackeemarie said:

@AuroraRain I think LJG posted your vid on his IG

Wowwww that's amazing and he picked a really good one. I love @AuroraRain fmv. I just shared one last night too. The same one too

7 hours ago, qwenli said:

I cant believe he reposted this fan vid!!!:w00t:

So he is really in touch with what fans are doing!!!!!

:wub::wub::wub:

I want to cry. He is a sohae shipper.....:)

I will support MLSHR till the end for him, never mind if the drama break my heart to million pieces:tears:

Hee me too. When I read it couldn't believe my eyes. @qwenli His !manager n agency oso mentioned he loved interacting with his fans. 

• Like 15

@kyar7jizhenll I think you're fine and your analysis is great.

History-related post parts 1 - 4 below if you guys want to read them, if not keep on reading for part 5.
Parts 1 - 3 / Page 995

Part 4 / Page 996

History-related post part 5.

Jeongjong (Yo’s reign name) probably meant forever. I’m guessing it suits his character because he only has eyes for the throne and wants to imprint his name in history. In the drama, the way that Yo obeyed his mother’s desire for the throne is probably a representation of his reign name – he wants to get something and makes him known.

Gwangjong (So’s reign name) mirrors the many changes and reforms he set out. All those new changes were, in my opinion, brand new and unorthodox at the time but they were undoubtedly great changes and the showcased the great mindset So had. If I am correct, even though Jeongjong became King in history, he also didn’t have a strong support or backing whereas So had a strong support and backing. So’s marriage to Yeon Hwa in history was also undoubtedly most likely for political reasons as Wook’s family was the influential Hwangju family at the time. So yes, So’s marriage to Yeon Hwa was for political means. Even her queen’s name, Daemok, means a big tree or passage which represents her as the strong support to pave the way for So to become the king. So according to history, Wook probably supported So for the throne. I think they did have bromance in history. :wub:

The time that So as Gwangjong purged his subjects were ruthless but still, he had good reasons for it but probably he didn’t need to be ruthless. Buddhism shined during his time too. It is also said that in history, after So’s son (king Gyeongjong) died. It was Daejong’s line of descendants that continued Goryeo.

As to how the drama will portray So’s marriage to Yeon Hwa, we’ll just have to wait for more episodes. But guys, I at least feel better that So and Wook were good brothers in history. But I’m loving the evil Wook and the sailing ship of SoSoo. Not that I care about romance (I like the game of thrones more) but everything’s going great.

There wasn't much about Ahnjong or Baek Ah. Although, his posthumous title Ahnjong could also mirror his wish for freedom.

I got the information from Naver. I know no Korean.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Hanazumi said:

@akinahana89 Can you also let the soompi news staff know about Moon Lovers making it onto Tumblr fandometrics and it's the first Kdrama to do so?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Tumblr world. What does that mean? lol. I can try once I know more, but I can't make any promises. I knew I had a chance for success with this request because it's something positive for Soompi, but Tumblr is a different story.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, ratgirlina said:

my guess he agree to it, because it was his brother dying wish. the good and loyal brother that he is, it's a symbolic marriage more than anything.

i do pity the little niece, the marriage might just be symbolic, but it's still a marriage, she cant have a real husband when she grew up.

Couldn't she get divorced to him later? I thought divorce was more acceptable during that time period?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Tumblr world. What does that mean? lol. I can try once I know more, but I can't make any promises. I knew I had a chance for success with this request because it's something positive for Soompi, but Tumblr is a different story.

Oh, I see. Well, Moon Lovers became the first Korean drama to make it on the ranking for Tumblr fandometrics: https://thefandometrics.tumblr.com/.

• Like 17

53 minutes ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

In MLSHR, it is already hard to communicate between HS-WW as being from different era with different personality and mindsets. HS fell in love with WW warm and caring personality while being dependent on him both emotionally and financially.  Although it hurt HS seeing WW turned his back on her, it is very understandable that she could NOT abandon their love as well as would NOT blame Wook for his inability to save her as she believed that WW understood, trusted, respected, loved and cared for her and tried to help her with all his abilities.  We, as viewers, compare WW and WS effort on saving her and we saw that WW was lacking but for HS, she would not and should not compare her lover with WS (who is just a friend). In love or familial relationships, it is not right to compare your loved ones with those who are outside.  I'm glad that HS did not and it shows her personality strength that she is very grounded and put 100% in relationship. However, she could no longer love WW the way she did after she found out he never trusted, understood her feelings and respected her decisions but instead used her.  She lost hope for this love. However, she was not in love with WS yet like WW/ some people thought at this point.  There is closeness, caring, friendship, understanding, respect and gratitude but not deep love yet. Of course, both HS and WS already have all those 4 elements, their love will be epic and long-lasting when they mutually fall in love

Yeah, I appreciated this about Hae Su to. I think she's being written a lot more nuanced than she's being directed as an actor. Again, the real problem of the show continues to be that the director doesn't show us her motivation and point of view. I have a theory that fandom is obsessed with the show (not just b/c of gorgeous LJK) but b/c we're desperate to try to understand Hae Su. 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

Oh, I see. Well, Moon Lovers became the first Korean drama to make it on the ranking for Tumblr fandometrics: https://thefandometrics.tumblr.com/.

Oh, that's interesting! I didn't know Tumblr kept track of things like that. lol. I'm glad SHR was the first Korean drama to make the list! How cool! It just goes to show how absolutely awesome it is. ^^

• Like 16

Actually, as a long time FF.net user who has requested a few categories before in the past, I know that all it takes is one person to send in a request to FF.net for them to create a category. ^^; So it's not really huge news, sorry, BUT... the possibilities of tons of SHR fanfics IS huge news. lol. Someone had to have requested it for them to create it... which means we should be able to read at least one fanfic for it in the near future!

As for the Tumblr news, like I said, I'll try! ^^

• Like 17

1 hour ago, ratgirlina said:

@ratgirlina  I think SO wouldn't hold her into marriage seeing that YH becomes his Queen she may put effort in finding someone to marry her so she can become Queen being that his niece is the first wife and that position go to her.. But I think SO do it just because of his relationship with his brother..

15 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

Please spread the word about this. Fanfiction.net created a category for Moon Lovers.

https://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Moon-Lovers-Scarlet-Heart-Ryeo-달의-연인-보보경심-려/

Thanks @Hanazumi  will check it out.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Actually, as a long time FF.net user who has requested a few categories before in the past, I know that all it takes is one person to send in a request to FF.net for them to create a category. ^^; So it's not really huge news, sorry, BUT... the possibilities of tons of SHR fanfics IS huge news. lol. Someone had to have requested it for them to create it... which means we should be able to read at least one fanfic for it in the near future!

As for the Tumblr news, like I said, I'll try! ^^

I know. Yep, you're right. The creation of the category is not a big news but the possibility of a flood of fanfics by eclipses. LOL Imagine the madness.

4 minutes ago, valsava said:

Thanks @Hanazumi  will check it out.

:glasses:

• Like 12