[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

6 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

This guy is multitalented. I love watching him in Family Outing very long time ago. He demonstrated a little bit of his cooking skill and the other members were really impressed. In one of the scene, they had to go into the bush looking for bamboo shoots and they managed to produce a short dancing action film ad hoc where LJG played an assassin. It was so hillarious i was 'lol'ing like crazy while watching it.

You can watch it here 

Hide contents

Totally loved this :) I remembered laughing so hard watching this Family Outing episode  back in 2012 when my friend recommended me to watch this.Joon Gi oppa is just so charming and funny.

don't quote images, gifs, videos

Edited by lupita311
don't quote images, gifs, videos
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

I predict this will happen after the smooch from IU... I mean, HaeSoo. Because he feels acceptance from Haesoo, he doesn't hesitate to kiss her properly. Only prediction, I have to ask Jimong the truth about this. :P

Is this show Moon lovers or Kiss lovers?? It seems to have more kissing scenes than most Korean dramas .....oh my shipper heart :wub:

• Like 16

44 minutes ago, shiraru said:

By the way, from these BTS pictures, I just took notice that the costumes in this drama are freakin' gorgeous! The colors are so pretty, and the fabric seems to be the highest quality too. I mean, look at Hae Soo's skirt when she met Wang So, wow...it flows and shines beautifully, and those purple shades are just excellent! I know she's supposed to be a no-noble woman in this scene, but the skirt made her look like a princess, hehehee...maybe I watched too much Disney; Disney princesses usually wears flowy gowns/dresses :D

Wang So's wardrobe are also a feast to our eyes. I think now that he smiles often, he wore more colors other than black and gold. Nice to see that the wardrobe choices also reflects their current state of emotion. Aaaah...whoever is in charge of the costumes for this drama, give that person an award already!!

Totally agree! I'm not an avid fan of Saeguk.. But yes really the costumes are top-notch not to mention because the actors and actresses are beautiful people as they are. gorgeous dress + gorgeous people = perfection. However not all pretty/handsome faces can look stunning with traditional clothes.. Before only HJW(Empress Ki) who I find striking but now IU is now on my list :phew: For male it's a no-brainer "Hail to the king~ LJG" he's a saeguk god :wub: but NJH is still my bae B) actually not a fan of his before.. but gee he's extremely good looking in saeguk's attire :wub: no wonder if there's a helen in troy then in ML we've got Baek Ah of songak goryeo.

EDIT : HAPPY 1,000th page my dear ECLIPSE! :wub:  cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif

Dear Monday, what's taking you so long? cute-rabbit-emoticon-03.gif cute-rabbit-emoticon-04.gif

• Like 18

6 hours ago, esma-div said:

I think he will marry his niece voluntary , there is no misleading :confused:

@esma-div  I also think he marries her voluntary because of his support for the CP/King, The CP/King may have guessed his daughter is his biggest weakness and spoke with SO regarding this issue it wouldn't be a bad idea if SO suggested it it shows just how big his heart is in wanting to protect his niece.

I never would have imagine Monday could become such a beloved day of the week

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

link plz with eng subs..

The one i found has real bad quality video and couldn't make head or tails of it..

Just curious.. what is his original family background like? As in comes from well to do/middle class/struggling family.. No prejudices..just curious

Spoiler

Just search Healing camp ep 79...youtube only has snippets..full ep video is blocked but i think it is available in some illegal sites.

As ljg family bground, i think ..from what he told..his family is not very2 well off and also not so poor..i think in the middle..haha...he is from busan and to follow his dream to be an actor, he went to seoul and went through a lot of hardship ( doing odd jobs, sleeping in cold store room with thousand of cockroaches as roomates *horror*, failed numerous auditions etc)

To cut story short, his journey is a long struggles but it shaped him to be an awesome actor he is now.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, zi4r said:

@KdramaSwimmer Yes, Sherlockian & Cumberbabe here. :P 

Off-topic:

Reveal hidden contents

I've been following Ben's career since his appearance in Danny Boyle's Frankenstein. I got to watch a few snippets of that at Uni, and the man is a genius, I couldn't forget the experience. Since then, I've been a loyal follower. Can't wait for Sherlock series 4! And even though I don't usually do superheroes, I am willing to try Dr Strange just for him. :D (Just like I did Scholars for LJG)

Not so off-topic so I'll leave it out here:

I have told my husband many times: Benedict Cumberbatch is the most cerebral actor I know, and Lee Joon-gi the most visceral. I enjoy each and every calculative tick of a muscle in Benedict's acting, and the raw emotion in LJG's eyes always undo me.

I've always felt that if LJG would find a way to harness his visceral energy and emotional performance with a bit more calculation, he would be unstoppable. And he has managed that in MLSHR. Each clench of the jaw, each twitch of a smile... everything is so well-placed. We are witnessing LJG fully embracing his potential and I can't be more happy about it.

sorry for late reply.. I hAd to be away from this thread cause I have overshooted my cell phone bill almost 4 times than last month this time (and still 10 days are remaining to finish the monthly billing cycle) and I had to keep my fingers away from soompi to prevent them to burn my pocket more. so I waited till I am home iOn my wifi to finally be here with my reply... :(

Spoiler

woooww meeting a Cumberbabe on thread where we are drooling over another handsome hunk LJK.... so much similarity in choices..... great to find you here...

for me finding Benedict was just accident when an offc mate suggested SH cause I love such brain grilling shows and I was sold seeing it. Benedict being Tall Handsome not at all dark made it so perfect that I cant imagine anyone else playing sherlock. and rest is history just in case LJK. I have watched SH first three seasons n number of times (cant count at all)... 

And I am with you completely abt LJK doing everythIng JUST PERFECTLY. Each and every minute muscle of his face Can AcT and he very well knows how to Control them To express what his mind has to Portray. He IS just one marvelous actor I have ever came across and he does remind me Benedict IN many such micro expressive scenes.

51 minutes ago, leekyuphii said:

yeah no matter how i want to abandon this thread because i cant catch up its speed, in the end i keep coming here..yeah i never cant ignore this thread simply because i still love this drama, i still craving to see everything about this drama, im still anticipating next episode either will ended up as sad or happy episode, yeah that such an emotional roller coaster journey when watch this drama

bold... i am in same boat with you. its just too impossible to be away from this thread forever... i tried for couple of days but finally i my brain had to bow in front my heart dieing badly to be here...

@ruizaio thank you very very much for giving us all the information. and for all your hard work. please keep us posted if we can do any of your help regarding this.

And yes forgot to mention.. happy 1000 pages chingu deol....I am late by 8 pages too wish but office had to be first priority...

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

This guy is multitalented. I love watching him in Family Outing very long time ago. He demonstrated a little bit of his cooking skill and the other members were really impressed. In one of the scene, they had to go into the bush looking for bamboo shoots and they managed to produce a short dancing action film ad hoc where LJG played an assassin. It was so hillarious i was 'lol'ing like crazy while watching it.

You can watch it here 

I'm glad because of this drama, many new fans are starting to get curious of LJG. I love him in Family outing, so funny. also Healing camp, he said he learned bartender and cooking before he got his first acting gigs. in Happy camp he showed his skill carrying so many beer glasses and multiple plates with his two hands. For more discussion about him, can check out his thread,  there are many clips and interviews about him over the years, he is such a multi talented actor. 

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

Hide contents

Just search Healing camp ep 79...youtube only has snippets..full ep video is blocked but i think it is available in some illegal sites.

As ljg family bground, i think ..from what he told..his family is not very2 well off and also not so poor..i think in the middle..haha...he is from busan and to follow his dream to be an actor, he went to seoul and went through a lot of hardship ( doing odd jobs, sleeping in cold store room with thousand of cockroaches as roomates *horror*, failed numerous auditions etc)

To cut story short, his journey is a long struggles but it shaped him to be an awesome actor he is now.

Off most of the actors that I read about.. they are not from very well to do families and families oppose their choice of career and what not (Oark hye jin fo rone)..

But I honestly want to just thank them for all the struggles and leaving a great example for us.. who in time of their despair can get some motivation on not giving up..

A big cheers.. to all the strugglers in the world.. who have not given up.. failure or success is immaterial!!

And that gets sorta reinforced by WS too..do not give up in love :P .. although if her were to be ugly, then i don't know :)

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, Killa92 said:

Totally loved this :) I remembered laughing so hard watching this Family Outing episode  back in 2012 when my friend recommended me to watch this.Joon Gi oppa is just so charming and funny.

IKR! The bamboo forest scene is too daebak..i was gaping like goldfish watching them produce the silly drama..and the SA dancing and all...had me in stiches..and JG was adorable when he sulked while cooking breakfast..omg...i think i need to go and rewatch it...

• Like 9

20 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

I'm personally in DESPERATE NEED of the instrumentals... :heart: I'd like to use a couple of them to make some mvs..

I'm not talking about the instrumental versions of the pop songs and ballads that are being released as "OST 1,", "OST 2", "OST 3" singles... I'm talking about the orchestral/acoustic/electronic tracks. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, MrKobegiant said:

Is this show Moon lovers or Kiss lovers?? It seems to have more kissing scenes than most Korean dramas .....oh my shipper heart :wub:

Lol.

Spoiler

Actually there's another Korean drama that has almost 1 kiss every each episode. 

I think from all the sageuk I've ever watched, (Well, not more than 10 drama honestly) Moon Lovers has the most skinship and Kisses.

• Like 18

Just now, jerboa83 said:

I'm not talking about the instrumental versions of the pop songs and ballads that are being released as "OST 1,", "OST 2", "OST 3" singles... I'm talking about the orchestral/acoustic/electronic tracks. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

Do somebody know when the full OST of a drama is usually released? After it finishes airing? I'd like to start making fan mvs with those instrumental tracks, but they still seem to be nowhere to be found... @ruizaio 

• Like 6

You peeps are incredible. Reaching a 1000 pages with 13 episodes. That's absolutely impressive!

True. SHR is different from BBJX but of course because the history is different. SHR has to adapt to the Korean history, hence the changes. I don't really want to see the drama following BBJX 100%, which is also impossible, given the difference in the number of episodes. 

Now I try to keep an open mind about the ending. Maybe it will be a happily ever after? Or a tragic one should be interesting to see :wub:

Both WS and WW had shown their interest in HS and I expect WJ to follow suit soon.In ep 12 his romance for her is not quite obvious yet. 

WS only thinks WW cares greatly for HS and vice versa because they are relatives, at least I get this impression from the subs. He has no idea they had even went towards the talk of marriage though that failed. 

I doubt Baek Ah also knows that Woo Hee is the last princess of the Later Baekje as she admitted to him that she is still hiding some things from him. I really look forward to see if what they did in the forest would bring them a child or not...

I was actually wondering if BA got hurt from the 'stab' at the last part of ep 12 but as I watch the beginning of ep 13 again, I realize Woo Hee managed to draw blood on her sword from him, and he was hurt though his injuries were not shown. He kicked the sword with his blood on the floor away from WH. His father had collapsed then and WH did not manage to kill the king. 

The attempted assassination by the 3rd and 8th princes were thwarted. 

Just my two cents here. 

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

Lol.

Hide contents

Actually there's another Korean drama that has almost 1 kiss every each episode. 

I think from all the sageuk I've ever watched, (Well, not more than 10 drama honestly) Moon Lovers has the most skinship and Kisses.

Bring more kisses please!I am a sucker for skinship in dramas!

Spoiler

BTW which drama have one kiss per episode?

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@sooji28 yes it's not that straight forward to post a YouTube vid on Instagram. So clearly he spent some effort to do that :)

i really admire his efforts in promoting the show and appreciate the support he is giving to his fans. I think it works both ways, fans supporting him and his reciprocation brings joy to fans.

i really think nobody become successful by chance esp for Joongi who has one project a year, I am learning a lot from him.:)

I agree with you. There is a lot that we can learned from him since he is very successful.  This is one of the main reasons why he still maintains his popularity domestic and international despite many young and very popular actors. It seems that with this drama his popularity is even increasing both domestic and international. He is not just a top actor but top actor with outstanding acting ability (Ahn Sung KI who is like a S.Korea national actor praise him when they act in the movie May 18), and he consistently work very hard, do his own action scenes. But importantly as well, he is among the top actor who really gives great fan-service and who seems to love his fans. Not many actors or top actors do that. This guy desires to be actor for a long time. That's why his banner is "i'm your real actor", "reliable actor", actor who everyone can depends on. Haha. But seriously with such dedication no wonder he receives so many love. Even I as a fan can learn a lot from him.

[Side note: If  you guys watch his variety show, Healing Camp and Golden Fishery, you know he gone through a lot to where he wanted to be.]

Lol this is my last post I need to contain myself again. Haha. 

• Like 19

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am glad cute rabbitthat our comments made you come back here!! cheetahcheerleader pink mouse I am still loving this drama like crazy hard love pink mousebecause there is so much subtility. Why? Because I can't help myself connecting Moon Lovers to French litterature and philosophy, although I don't think, the writer intented to do it that way. In my one of my earlier comments, I wrote that Wang Wook and Wang So could be connected to the existentialism of Sartre. Now, I would like to point out that Hae Soo as protagonist could be connected to Candide.  

(This is going a long comment again...;) writer pink mousescroll r pink mouse

To me, this drama reminds me a lot of a French novel called "Candide" written by Voltaire (18th century). I had mentioned earlier that Hae Soo's journey to the past reminded me of a voyage of initiation /journey of initiation. In the novel, Candide who is named after the protagonist is also someone who experiences many hardships through his journey, until he finally grows up and learns from his bad experiences. Like the name says it, the protagonist of that novel is viewing the world through a rose coloured glasses, exactly like Hae Soo. He is also an idealist, has a strong sense of justice and believes the best in people therefore he always fell into traps. He gets arrested, tortured but always managed to survive. Each time, he expresses his disappoitnment, nonetheless he keeps thinking that this is the best of all possible worlds. Doesn't it sound familiar? People were mad at Hae Soo because they couldn't believe how naive or stupid she was. bsod onion headYet, Hae Soo is exactly like Candide, she needed so many bad experiences, until she finally realises how the world really is. She always said that she wanted to forget, implying that she didn't want to acknowledge the harshness of life. By forgetting she would deny the existence of her bad experiences. She is living as if she was always in a dream that has turned into a nightmare. Candide was also in love in Cunégonde, a beautiful noble daughter of a count. At the end, Candide is able to see her true personality. Cunégonde has lost her beauty, but he also sees her for whom she is. And that's his break through, yet he doesn't despise her. He builds a new relationship with her based on mutual respect. 

What was the intention of Voltaire with this work? Sure, he wanted to criticise European societies and countries back then. Besides he wanted to use this character in order to criticise Leibnitz's theory: "This is the best of all possible worlds!!" The French philosopher Voltaire was reproaching Leibnitz that seeing this world as something perfect because God had created it was stupid. He used earthquake, corruption, wars, burning people at the stake, inefficient justice system, slavery aso in order to prove that people shouldn't accept the world as it is, but try to change it and create his own happiness. The book ends with Candide who has realised that he is happy, if he works with his friends next to him. They are all equals so that for Voltaire, democracy was the best government, yet in his novel, it can't be realised for a whole country. So Hae Soo is immature, naive, innocent, fair and trusting and she hates changes. Exactly like Candide who tried to believe till the end in this philosophy "this is the best of all possible worlds".

Hae Soo needed so many hardships in order to beconfronted by reality that's why it was interesting to see that Wang So was the one who was confronting her with reality.

- with his advices

- with his help each time she was in trouble

We witness how Hae Soo changes little by little, yet despise her hardships, she is still viewing people in a positive way. She might have stopped loving Wang Wook (episode 12) but she felt that she was bound to him as she is a very faithful and loyal person. Moreover, since she is such a generous and good natured person, she couldn't really resent him, just like Candide who forgave Cunégonde despite her betrayals. However, her conversation with Wang Wook opens her eyes in the episode 13. Yet, she is making a mistake: she thinks, Wang Wook has changed, whereas we all know that he hasn't changed at all. He only hid his true desire and intentions, until his sister, like the snake in the Bibel (fall from paradies), unleashed his true desire. Hae Soo could never see Wang Wook's true personality as she was all this time innocent and naive. Due to Wang So's persistence, she is finally able to judge people correctly. 

Then I also noticed that Hae Soo was always thinking about the future. In that aspect, she is similar to Wang Wook who would worry about the future. That's why she hates changes and asked herself (episode 10) if Wang Wook would ever change and would treat her well. Another clue that Hae Soo has never been a person who enjoys life at the present and is always projecting herself into the future is her visions about Gwangjong. She is not a "carpe diem" person and she is in the end the total opposite of Wang So. Wang So is a man of actions but he always acts in the moment. He never thinks too much about the future therefore when he proposed to her, he said that she could even divorce him later as he noticed her reticence. His first motive to propose was to take her away from that palace, nothing more. He didn't care about the consequences: his reputation, loss of the possibility to become king aso. When Wang So killed the monks, he didn't really think about himself and the consequences. He never planned anything for a long term which undelrines that he has no desire to become king.

The first meeting between Hae Soo and Wang So is really important because she is the one who talks to him about his responsabilities as prince. Until back then, he never paid attention to his "responsabilities". From that moment, she has an impact on him. When he declares that she is his, this means that he feels responsible for her and considers it as his duty to protect her. The more we have episodes, the more Wang So becomes mature and responsible. Both have such an impact on each other. She is no longer naive and innocent, and he becomes more reliable and responsible. Since Hae Soo is someone who thinks about the future and consequences, she will be the trigger for him to plan for a long term. That's why he said to Yeon hwa, he will become King, if it means to win someone's heart. He will change for the better and the worst. That's why it was important for her to hear from Taejo, not to worry too much about the future and enjoy the present, but to go with the flow too. His words make her realise that she should stop focusing too much on the future. In the end, that's the reason why she accepts Wang So's love for her and she is able to acknowledge her feelings for him. She decides to give up on the visions she had about him: "carpe diem!" Finally, she is able to understand what love really means. She had that false conception of love (being gentle, aso) so that she could feel safe. Now, she is ready to take the plunge!

As conclusion, it's the journey of our OTP that matters in this drama and not the ending. Hae Soo and Wang So are learning through their hardships and they both become mature and responsible. Their love for each other changes them. Therefore we should enjoy their journey despite the harships! 

But since Voltaire wanted to point out that the world shouldn't be accepted as it is, Hae Soo can be seen as someone who pushes Wang So to change Goryeo, hence the examination based on merits, law about slavery aso. So Hae Soo just like Candide have a small impact in the World: more equity and justice.scroll l pink mouse

@chi13lou @Claudia Koh 

@UnniSarah@adijnpu @solelylurking

@fathiayunia @dramu51ch0c10ve @ktcjdrama

@syeramy @littleloony @Yongzura @valsava  @junee22 @evie7

@bebebisous33... So true chingu and i think it is the same for Scarlet Heart Cversion . All we should focus on how Hae Soo and Wang So's story unfold. The romance and personal growth is what has always been important. I will admit I struggled a bit thanks to you , you always gave me reasons to keep watching and the drama itself did the same. I am also starting to think WS becoming a strict ruler was because of Hae Soo. Hae So has played a role of teacher, lover and companion to Wang SO. Taught him that human make mistakes, Princes have to set good example , wanting to survive isn't wrong and in your journey you do get to find some people you can trust. 

• Like 21