Soompi Forums Awards: Best K-Dramas (2023) - Poll #1

partyon

Soompi Forums Awards: Best K-Dramas of 2023  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which action dramas / thrillers / mysteries / police shows were your favorite in 2023? (choose as many as you like)

• A Bloody Lucky Day
    • Behind Your Touch
    • Bloodhounds
    • Brain Works
    • Decoy (1 and/or 2)
    • The Escape of the Seven: War for Survival
    • The First Responders 2
    • The Kidnapping Day
    • Mask Girl
    • Not Others
    • Numbers
    • Pandora: Beneath the Paradise
    • Payback
    • Revenant
    • Strong Girl Namsoon
    • Taxi Driver 2
    • The Uncanny Counter 2
    • Vigilante
    • The Worst of Evil
    • None of the above / Something else
  2. 2. Which slice of life / melodramas / dramas / supernatural dramas / fantasy dramas were your favorite in 2023? (choose as many as you like)

• Agency
    • Alchemy of Souls 2 (Light and Shadow)
    • Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon
    • Celebrity
    • Daily Dose of Sunshine
    • Death's Game
    • Divorce Attorney Shin
    • Doctor Cha
    • D.P. 2
    • The Glory: Part 2
    • The Good Bad Mother
    • Heartbeat
    • Island (1 and/or 2)
    • Joseon Attorney
    • Missing: The Other Side 2
    • Moving
    • Red Balloon
    • Sweet Home 2
    • Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938
  3. 3. Which romance dramas / romcoms were your favorite in 2023? (choose as many as you like)

• A Time Called You
    • Call It Love
    • Castaway Diva
    • Crash Course in Romance
    • Doona!
    • Durian's Affair
    • The Forbidden Marriage
    • King the Land
    • Kokdu: Season of Deity
    • Love to Hate You
    • The Matchmakers
    • My Dearest (1 and/or 2)
    • My Perfect Stranger
    • Our Blooming Youth
    • Perfect Marriage Revenge
    • Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 3
    • The Secret Romantic Guesthouse
    • See You In My 19th Life
    • Twinkling Watermelon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/19/2024 at 06:15 AM

On 1/5/2024 at 2:39 AM, itsmeash said:

My Lovely Boxer and King the Land were my favorites of 2023.

Heartbeat would've made my favorites list if not for the ending. 

My Lovely Boxer is added in my watchlist Chingu! 

Heartbeat well, I think it could be one of the most disappointing dramas for me in 2023. That ending, nah, I mean how can you call a drama rom-com with that sort of ending. That drama had a lot of potential and they wasted it all :isannoyed:

On 1/6/2024 at 12:13 AM, partyon said:

You know what, I watched the first episodes of this drama. But like @agenth chingu I got stuck on a small detail that annoyed me.

If she was 15 years on that island, how could her teeth look so perfect after all that time? Without tooth brushes, tooth paste, dentists, deep cleaning, etc.?

Interestingly Noona, this time @agenth Chingu didn't really pay much attention to the small details and loved the drama :loolz:

But yeah, I mean I had to throw away the logic and thoughts and everything related to her stay in the island for 15 years. Overall, I liked the drama, but surely that 15 years stay didn't make sense based on the points you have already mentioned. 

On 1/6/2024 at 2:37 AM, partyon said:

@Sleepy Owl looks mainly like this when watching My Happy Ending :D

Yeah, my reacts sort of range something between this 

giphy.gif

to this

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Interestingly Noona, this time @agenth Chingu didn't really pay much attention to the small details and loved the drama

@agenth chingu is always full of surprises.... We never know what she will get annoyed with when she's watching a drama. :joy:

• LOL 3

The Perfect Marriage Revenge was a good drama. Good kickass revenge. Better than Glory 2. I still would watch another instalment of Glory. It started on such a promising note. It was disappointing the way it ended. 

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Interestingly Noona, this time @agenth Chingu didn't really pay much attention to the small details and loved the drama :loolz:

i hadnt finished it yet due to no time but yeah, didnt drop (yet) due to weird stuff

even the master's son is good in it,...

On 1/5/2024 at 11:11 PM, itsmeash said:

It's the worst when shows do that. Switching genres midway always feels like such an FU from the writers and whoever else okays it. Everything about Heartbeat's promotion was that it was supposed to be silly and romantic and by the end... it wasn't any of those things. 

what was it then? thriller?

inquiring minds want to know!

On 1/6/2024 at 1:21 PM, rocher22 said:

The Glory and The K2 are the only two dramas where the script should have been changed. 

i totally agree!

the actual pairings made no sense, or had way less chemistry... 

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

On 1/7/2024 at 8:00 PM, jongski said:

Most definitely My Lovely Boxer!!!  Not part of the poll.. but Why??? :D

But anyway..one of.. if not the best drama of 2023. If you haven't seen it... what are you watching then? :lol:

Lee Sang Yeob and  Kon So Hye  - not familiar with her and first time watching her.. but  def. one to watch good acting! LSY .shows us good actors are always not not hallyu stars

I have added "My Lovely Boxer" in my watchlist. When this drama started, I was already too much into drama slump that I wasn't really interested to check out a drama which I am unsure of. 

But yes, Lee Sang Yeob is a very good and underrated actor. But its really good to see him getting lead roles now, and I hope he will get the recognition he deserves so that we get to see him more good dramas :piggydance:

On 1/7/2024 at 9:35 PM, partyon said:

How about we have polls for:

1) best dramas 2000-2012

3) best dramas 2013-2024

Then the winners of both polls go up against each other in a third poll?

Sounds interesting to me! :wow2:

On 1/8/2024 at 11:41 PM, partyon said:

@agenth chingu is always full of surprises.... We never know what she will get annoyed with when she's watching a drama. :joy:

She might get annoyed on the smallest of things in a drama, and then ignores the biggest of the things in another one :loolz:

On 1/9/2024 at 1:17 AM, agenth said:

i hadnt finished it yet due to no time but yeah, didnt drop (yet) due to weird stuff

even the master's son is good in it,...

You didn't finish it yet? :fear:

Well, I mean yes, the Master's son was a lot better, and seemed to have improved a bit I guess. 

On 1/6/2024 at 3:41 AM, itsmeash said:

It's the worst when shows do that. Switching genres midway always feels like such an FU from the writers and whoever else okays it. Everything about Heartbeat's promotion was that it was supposed to be silly and romantic and by the end... it wasn't any of those things. 

It surely started off very well, and had somehow a fresh concept of plot for vampires and everything. But then like you said, somehow the writers decided to change stuff, and things went the way they shouldn't have. I mean I dropped it, but still was very disappointed by that ending :isannoyed:

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

She might get annoyed on the smallest of things in a drama, and then ignores the biggest of the things in another one :loolz:

Plus @agenth chingu changes her mind so quickly I can't even finish pronouncing "oppa". :joy:

In one drama she will hate on an actor and complain about him non-stop. Fast forward one year later and she will love him in another drama and make him her oppa.

Changed My Mind Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

We do love our EO chingu :fullofhearts:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1

hohstMN.gif

Soompi Forums Awards: The Best K-Dramas of 2023

....and the winners of the best k-dramas of 2023 are....

Best action dramas / thrillers / mysteries / police show

Revenant

FyJT76jaMAAAM8w.webp

This drama about a woman who is possessed by an evil spirit / demon, is sure to entice all lovers of horror.

Best slice of life / melodramas / dramas / supernatural dramas / fantasy drama

Alchemy of Souls season 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Naksu / Bu Yeon / Cho Yeong got their closure in one way or the other. Seems many people loved part 2, but many also voted it to be the most disappointing drama of 2023 (poll #3). A drama that divides opinions.

Best romcom / romance drama

Crash Course in Romance

Crash-Course-in-Romance-2023-poster.jpg

One side dish of romance, please. Banchan shop owner and math instructor cook up some love... :wub:

AND

Love To Hate You

AAAABVjfo1Qt2EsNb9U_fQG8tsQ4hrOR0NxLjbjr

Two adults who hate love? A typical hate turns to love drama, but it's a lot of fun!

Thank you once again for participating in this event. We wish everyone a happy new year 2024!

tagging: @lebeaucouple @frozentundra @africandramalover @rocat @Alexandru Iakobcsuk @sweetroad @CarolynH @azureblue7 @willenette @Jennpram Ram @Corina @ferily @mademoisellesia @Ninixoxo @youactlikeicare @joccu @asiaren @mersea545 @azwhoony @LeftCoastOppa @aprilfive @kdramagrandma @gm4queen @Shin Ta @Kdramabae @RNH @YongZura⁷ @liddi @larus @hyall @Ephoenix @angela0612 @SleepyKitty @cikqueen @UnniSarah @Rollito Deprimavera @Nermeen نرمين @kingpin @Ameera Ali @kokodus @MimiSchu @Nikaa @Luny Delva @leo2020 @MayanEcho @Peachypie @itsmeash @Lmangla @mktgkat @andy78 @usadango @whome @Bojun  @jongski @Tango27 @Pen G  @rocher22 

re: @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

• 5 months later...

The Soompi Forums Awards for Best K-Dramas of 2023 include several categories and polls, with Poll #1 focusing on various dramas and actors. Some of the top contenders and popular mentions from this poll include:

1. "The Glory": This revenge drama featuring Song Hye-kyo has garnered significant attention for its intense storyline and strong performances.
  2. "Reborn Rich" - This drama, starring Song Joong-ki, has been praised for its intricate plot and compelling character development.
  3. "Crash Course in Romance" - A heartwarming drama that mixes romance with personal growth and societal issues.