[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, ziggy123 said:

yes, i mean the way he was just a few inches away from her face and looked her up and down my heart was beating out of my chest. I have never been so biased against a male lead or wanted him to betray the love of his life. this is just hat ljg does to me unfortunately:wub:. Those eyes are gonna kill me very soon i can feel it.

So true :sweatingbullets: for seconds, I was mentally torn apart too. My brain screamed : Please don't, yet my heart was all: Darn it, just do it. So's pheromone too strong to resist. Why man like this only exists in fiction :(

1 hour to ep 19 live ! wohoooo :w00t: 

• Like 9

It just struck me out of nowhere, I think the fact that WY became king and JM didn't know has more meaning than what we expected. So far this drama has amazed me with it's subtle and perfect foreshadowing and I think this is the writer's hint. 

JM said he knew WY would commit treason but he wasn't suppose to be king. He said something changed. eh hem - HS as we all know!

But I think there is more to this than shows. I remember earlier in the thread people confirming that the purpose of this scene is to show something along the lines that HS changes everything to the history we know today and I agree but I strongly believe this isn't the only purpose. I have a feeling that her changing everything has a deeper meaning/outcome and maybe we'll see this in the last 2 episodes. 

This show has used foreshadowing techniques over and over again and they have been perfect. Concubine Oh teaching HS how to make King Teajo's teas being subtly woven into the scene to be forgotten by the audience only to come up suddenly and ring people's bells when she's dragged back into the palace. CR's deeds being discovered by HS and so much more! I can't kick the feeling that this whole HS changing history is going to come back. 

Do you guys think I'm overthinking? 

• Like 21

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2016]Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo 달의 연인-보보경심 려 ~ \^0^/ Episode 19 Monday 10 PM KST

YOROBUN

JUST 1 HOUR TO GO UNTIL EPISODE 19, ARE YOU GUYS READY YET?

I think I'm ready, but at the same time I'm not freezing onion head

I don't know why but I feel so scared.. am I weird??

I'm a bundle of mess waiting for tonight episode. I'm feeling insecure throughout the day. I even dreamed about MLSHR yesterday night, which never ever happened before. I guess this drama affected me so much it started invading my unconscious world. I dreamed that Hae Soo wore her gorgeous fur dress from earlier episode, and Wang So wore his wolfy dress, and they lived as a normal person in a normal house, with Hae Soo cooking breakfast and Wang So hugging her from behind. Then suddenly their 8 y.o son came out from the bedroom, and asked daddy Wang So to go to the school with him because it's parents day today. The cute son didn't want mommy Hae Soo to come because he didn't want to be labeled as mommy boy. Hearing that Wang So cutely hit his own hands above his son's head, and said you have the best mommy in the world, thank goodness you didn't meet your grandmother. Then suddenly it jumped to Wang So, who wore his best dress, taking his son to the school. The son met his friends who got awestruck by Wang So, and said to the son "OMG YOUR MOMMY IS SO PRETTY.." the son is speechless while saying "but that's my daddy...." and I woke up. LOL I can never understand my own dream.

@MadraRua thank you for the roll call as always!! the clock is awesome!! am here with kleenex, towel, anti depressant, and snacks in vicinity. Hahaha

@akinahana89 thank you for the hard work!! I can't wait to see the videos tomorrow! Hope our MLSHR casts see and love it!

• Like 10

12 hours ago, millie10468 said:

It occurs to me this fandom was divided into a couple of categories during the course of the drama:

Cat. 1: People who had read/watched the C-BBJX and knew going in that the possibility of a happy ending, thereby deviating from the source material, was extremely thin and therefore didn't even hope for anything different.

Cat. 2: People from Cat. 1 who hoped K-BBJX would end differently than C-BBJX.

Cat. 3: People who had no knowledge of the source material and assumed some kind of happy ending was imminent.

Cat. 4: People from Cat. 3 who got their google-fu on quite early and realized just how unhappy the ending was going to be based on real history.

Which category did/do you belong to?

I ask because it makes me wonder how different our viewing experiences were. Especially for the people whose viewing pleasure are spoiled by spoilers and those that find spoilers to just whet their anticipation more.

Did having a general gist of what was going to happen make the drama more or less interesting to watch?

@MAROSA_JIN and @briseis Thanks for the new stills.

Sigh. Soo's determination (and devastation at having) to poke a few more holes in her already sinking ship is pretty clear from the pictures. Tomorrow's episode's definitely not going to be easy to watch

I do belong to category 1, but its still scaring me from watching the drama. I have-not watched last two episodes and i am going to watch it after episode 20 has aired.because i don't think my heart can take it. Recaps only gave me sleepless nights. So i do hope that my so-soo doesn't become one of those regretful couples from original. But yeah i have been preparing myself for the original ending since beginning, but still.........

I really had fun enjoying this drama with all of you guys.came across so many beautiful posts, analysis etc. Learned to view things from different perspective too.

I am preparing myself for tonight episode. Making myself ready for heartache. Thanks for all recappers in advance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Honeycam2016-10-3111-40-39.gif

Episode 19

Eclipses 'Hwaiting' \^o^/ (Let me know if I've missed your name and I'll add you to the final roll call)

crazy-monkey-emoticon-147.gif

@sooji28 @PrincessMe2515@MoOnLoVeRz  @deabakdrama @wackeemarie @innrukia @junee22@Sarang21@hitomebore08 @dears @tanaqvi @Tata Lata @thenagain @ktcjdrama @feignedreality @FarHanah MiSeu @kilovekyo @Mona Ys @Yongzura  @moonlover399993 @nchoerunnisa @mamamya88 @kiotzo @YeongYi @ilovekorearocks @sutcliff @Joongier @pigsflyy @13701693478 @jerboa83 @hobeverly1212 @yuhotarubi @angelangie @SizzlerZ @chickenchopflipflop @momono7 @fairyalice @rtl @AuroraSky @MyMindIsASnowflake @sarasona @staygold@kriswu @lilac_alex @zi4r @iridescentmoth @AyaA @Ainee Etp  @dramu51ch0c10ve @Lady_Lara @deabakdrama @berny  @dfun @MiharuD @kyar7jizhenll @nearsea @lxands @redfrommars @kriswu @12blbl@MrKobegiant @jetsu @hiluna @churasan @arabela @novemberschopin @Isache @luvkstyle @princess16 @clarissasan @Hapiangle @faeriealice @andy78@Putri Dewi @Chaeul @cosmogirl77 @onemella @Adnana @irilight @Gabi Bros @xiaozhu @ossy91 @chi13lou @pwnkl @itzibitzispider @millie10468 @lostmymusic @TeBe @atsu-chan @valsava @Glamour90 @dash9 @heartforkdrama @Rosemary83 @LoveSG @carmens @tessieroo @minmar @Tang Soon @jetsu @skxz @whyo @MadraRua @sriskaddict @chrissylee @Niki Azia @peny  @kawaiibooty @ilia @Carmarie @juenmyrue @kdramakrazy @ain83 @dhia205 @lisethvr @evok @MAROSA_JIN @mynameiswat@valentvcd @xoxobleach @redlion@Niki Azia @Le_Amarant @mabelialong @aprilslily @cedarwood @patoi @meahri_1  @fathiayunia @outofspace @Yippeuni @sunl0ver @KdramaSwimmer @solelylurking @Lady_Lara @uuugogirl @Akiddo @40somethingahjumma @shiraru @littleloony @rei_smasher11 @louisawatson @soph_t  @arabela @xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii @MrKobegiant @Table122000 @pwnkl @redfrommars @lisethvr @chdom @lolalarue @flower4junsu @winterbubbletea @IAmSoulReader @USAFarmgirl @solelylurking @ruizaio @luci13 @Diana Blanche @hazzle @icesnowman @Mau_Cherry @Yeekrfan2 @luna07shiro @atsu-chan @rumasa79 @ilia @sharreb @sunshinefate @thunderman1 @Gitakawaii @ruzikie  @violet90 @UnniSarah @simplyme_crazyme @Bambiina @shairli @akinahana89 @jlover1001 @luci13 @briseis @kuanphing @zagigirl @trizha @LyraYoo @bebebisous33 @snowglobe147 @Tinkiebell @lovedrama11 @ahriev @liddi @blue003 @cmluv @rumasa79 @edensor @here4da0ppas @hanatanada @lily_white @shiqin3381 @Lyna @vangsweetie637 @glacial @fengari @honeyapricot @inner @ElleSor @winwin12 @lavendre @sebnem @esma-div @Chickpea @DJG @aniliaz @brielover @ChyuuNyuu @carmens @dwookie @junejungki@special_bee @smitten1710 @cmoirae2 @penelop3 @riuenu @onemella @mewtwo @car148 @RoxanaR @Lmangla @Rosemary83 @potatohead @frostfire @Umi_ni_Sora @chelseab @wordsmyth0253 @bingewatcherinsomniac @mitheone @bim2 @Sue Lee @snowy21 @qwenli @Angiiee @kaoriharang @ailee2 @kuchie09 @Evangeline Yang @Aramyas @lclarakl @destinywitch @lovedrama11

Thanks in advance to all the re-cappers, commentators and image posters. This episode is going to be a heartbreaker, tissues at the ready Eclipses Image result for tissue smiley

Live Streaming Links:

Reveal hidden contents

TRnNtv6.gif

I'm sooooo ready!!! Sorry, I cant remove the pic coz I'm using my phone to reply

• Like 12

A remark on WS (for me he remains wang so) and YH relation: in episode 18, SBS version, ws leaves YH on their first wedding night and goes to the prayer piles to meet HS, but as he sees her  with CH he leaves, just to return later to HS chamber, while HS is inside lonely, pensive and sad.He reaches for the knob of the door (a green door), he hesitates and finally leaves.

In the so called international version the editing of the last scene is different: he leaves the scene of the prayer piles, and he goes outside a chamber, the green door is the same, he reaches again for the knobdoor, he hesitates and finally leaves again.But now the person we see  being lonely behind the green door is YH, in her chamber.

I am thinking that the international version is trying to smooth the way to a kind of relation  between WS and YH.

Furthermore, the scene with YH wearing the wedding mask and WS almost fooled by this, maybe it is hint that in the future he would meet YH in intimacy only under the condition that  she will wear this mask, so he can fool himself that he is with HS (which would be tragicomic- but human,  very human).

Any thoughts?

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Okay, not sure if this is of hilarity intended but am still smirking here anyway. The fate of the Goryeo Ladies, really.

LOL lesson learned. Do not get born in Goryeo as ladies. Although who cares, if you've got to kiss  meet prince as charming as So. Let me reincarnate 1000x in Goryeo, I'll bear it.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, kdramawriter said:
18 hours ago, arabela said:

She is unfair cause with her friend she only see his ruthlessness, when in fact her friend poisoned someone and made his life miserable and caused a slow and painful death, and had also made other two people die. HS can forgive her if this she wants, but cannot treat so easily her conscious participation in three painfully deaths. So, is not fair to see only WS crimes and treat lightly other s ones. Just because her friend loved she was not in a less guilty position. 

For me it seems more like she wasn't able to see WS as he really is and feels disappointed now to discover that this man can be cruel, can kill, cannot forgive those who betrayed him. ....but more than anything she cannot see the hole contexts and how unsafe and unstable and dangerous his own situation is ..... like she is the wife of a solder and is much more concerned with the people he kills than with the simple fact that his life is also in danger ....I would like to see her first and most preoccupied with his life and only after with the life of the others and the morality of his actions .....if someone died kill your friend but your friend participate in killing others and put a seriously threat to the life of your beloved, who you care the most? ..

But maybe is  more the blame of the writer andirector than HS's

I disagree with all of this. It's not about fairness at the end of the day. Love doesn't happen because we are fair to people. Relationships are built because of trust and because of understanding and Hae Su and Wang So do not have it anymore. It is not the end of their love, but it is the end of their relationship. @zi4r said it perfectly here:

And all of it circles back to WS not treating HS like an adult, like someone with a logical thinking head, like an equal. The role of the protector and the provider in this relationship has overruled his need to respect her opinions & wishes. And for that, this relationship is doomed even before it can truly blossom.

WS does not trust Hae Su. He did not trust her to understand his reasons for killing Chae Ryung, he did not prepare for her brutal execution. He has over and over, made decisions without her:

1. Marrying the princess (the first time, Mu's daughter)

2. Leaving her for three years because General Park told him he had to give up someone for the throne. 

3. Killing Wang Yo psychologically to gain the throne

And she has accepted his decisions many times. He expects her to understand that he knows what's best for her. In those previous circumstances, the situation had an end goal. He expects her to understand AGAIN, with very little explanation until after the fact why he killed Chae Ryung. Even if all the facts were laid out logically, it doesn't wipe away the fact that Hae Su witness the bloody torture. There are logical reactions and there are emotional reactions. I can't fault Hae Su for having a very real emotional reaction to the brutal death of her friend. Many of you see this as Hae Su as being fickle, but I see this as Hae Su giving up. She's had enough. 

The wife of a soldier analogy is flawed. Hae Su has never said explicitly to Wang So that she would accept his actions no matter what. That's an assumption on the viewers part because she loves him. But to love someone is not to agree with all of their actions. We've seen her give up part of herself for him again and again, despite disagreeing with him on the really important parts of their relationship (i.e. being monogamous, having autonomy in her own life). She has tried incredibly hard to fit into his world, but ultimately, her core values are being changed and that's unacceptable to Hae Su.

1. She believes in the value of human life, no matter what.
  2. She believes that she should not have a part in the taking of lives.
  3. She does not want to be controlled by others.

On all three principals, Hae Su's central belief system has been upended. She cannot hang on to anything that defines who she is. And I don't believe Hae Su is defined by her love for Wang So. Certainly, it's a great epic love, but we are not defined by our relationship to men. We stand as characters strong enough to decide our own destinies. Thats why I will cheer on Hae Su. 

You both have valid arguments to represent both sides very well @arabela and @kdramawriter  though there are parts that I do not agree.  Like I said, I am not a good writer nor a detailed one but I will try my best to share my thoughts in here.

It is obvious that WS/HS have their fair share for their roller coaster relationship.  Like I've said in my previous post, there is no you and me in every relationship but us.  Nobody can build any relationship alone, it must be a joint effort. Our OTP's problem basically is their lack of communication.

Looking at the progression of WS/HS relationship from episode to episode, I could sense that they are not really destined to be a lifetime partner... but I was hoping they are ... just because they love each other deeply.

Why??

Yes, This is just a drama but obviously it touches our personal lives also given all the different views and opinions about the characters actions and decision.  Reading all the post makes me realize how complex human behavior is.  Indeed we are uniquely created and were given free will to decide in every given circumstance.  But with that freedom we are also expected to take responsibility on whatever consequence our action and decision will have.

Personally, I have basic parameters below in choosing a lifetime partner or someone to marry.  I can see that most of our analysis falls on these parameters.  Just sharing it... hoping that you can learn from it just like I did.

1.        Agreement Amos 3:3 Can two walk together unless they have agreed to do so? 

They may disagree on the minor, like how fast they walk, whether they run or jump, but they walking on the same direction.  Are they headed on the same goal, agree on lifestyle, values & ethics, agree on your future, agree on Gods plan for your life, they need to agree on the major or the minor will tear them apart.  Ex:  What are their expectations.  If they are too busy trying to get along and were trying not to rock the boat they don’t ask the hard questions about the big things of life. They should ask these question: Do we agree?

2.       Enrich Prov. 31:11  Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.

They should look at the person and go:  will I enrich his/her life or will he/she enrich mine?  If this person tears you down every time you get around them, if this person criticizes you every time you do anything, whatever you do they tear it apart, then they probably are not the one.  They should enrich you or make you a better person. You don’t want to be with or marry somebody who tears you apart but somebody who enriches you.  They should make you a better person and you should make them a better person.

3.       Enjoy Ecclesiastes 9:9  Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love or live happily with the woman you love. 

If there is no pleasure of being together they are not the one.  If you don’t enjoy being with that person, they are not the one either. We should enjoy life with that person.  To the point that there is nothing fun without them.  The fun of having new experience with them.  You love doing things together.

4.       Suitable Gen 2:18  The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

If you love farming you probably should not marry a city girl who loves the shopping mall. A surgeon and banker, A surgeon have to get a call when there is an emergency but his wife doesn’t understand and want him to be home just like her who works until 5 pm.  Know yourself and know enough about the other person you're with to know:  will we fit together?

5.       Mutual submission.  Ephesians 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence or respect for Christ. 

Ask the question:  Can I submit to them?  I once was heard that every men should learn these two words:  YES DEAR!  If a man want a happy marriage, they should learn these two words.  These are not words of being under ones wife’s skirt but these are words of mutual submission.  99% of the decision in the family/relationship have nothing to do with right or wrong.  Now if it’s right or wrong, God holds the husband responsible for doing what’s rightBut 99% of the decision in the family have nothing to do with right or wrong but of opinion and taste.  When it’s just matter of opinion and taste, they have to submit to one another.  Some people marry because of their looks/pocket value (money) but they speak badly or don't speak highly about their partners nor value their taste and opinions.  Why marry someone whom you are NOT WILLING TO LISTEN TOWhy marry someone if you have NO RESPEC for them.  Why marry someone if you CANNOT SUBMIT TO THEM.  You marry them because you are willing to submit to them.  You care about their desires, their opinions, you care about the things that they want.  Part of loving someone is to submit.  Doing what they like. Value their opinion and desires (but make sure to ask first also).  If they can’t do that then they’re not the one.

It seems that it is in number 5 that our OTP is failing the most.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, shiraru said:
Freakin' hell...Won is still there?? I thought he would be executed or exiled like Jung, since someone here has said that historically, Gwangjong only killed Won because of his treason (please correct me if I'm wrong). The fact that he easily lied and threw Chaeryung (plus Wook) under the bus because of his 'confessions' also should be a huge alert for Gwangjong; he would betray anyone for his own safety. GWANGJONG, I THOUGHT YOU'RE SMARTER THAN THIS, YOU CAN NOT TRUST THIS GUY IN EVERYTHING!!

Oh well...I shouldn't judge before watching the whole episode...but still, the preview showed the very sight of healthy Won alone made my blood boil. I think I'm going to prepare a big pillow later in case I feel frustrated with the some parts of the episode.

No worries... WS is now Gwangjong and definitely more sly and cunning than any of his brothers now. He will probably use Won and gives him a painful death later after he served his purpose.

I kept on thinking that the sly looking court official who keep helping WS with the meticulous move looks familiar. Now I remember... he's one of the Kang family, WS's adopted family. So, WS does not have Chungju clan's (his own mother's) backing but have Kang clan's backing. The Kangs seemed to be reigning in the court now. I wish to see the Chungju lost power (which is probably already happening now), while Kangs fight with Hwangbo till both of them perish. Sorry.. I really hate the clans. I think WS think the same as me.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, fengari said:

Furthermore, the scene with YH wearing the wedding mask and WS almost fooled by this, maybe it is hint that in the future he would meet YH in intimacy only under the condition that  she will wear this mask, so he can fool himself that he is with HS. 

Any thoughts?

Sorry to cut your post but thank you make my hard day with this when i imagination start to work hahaah put bag in your head or no baby hahahahhahahahhahaha something like that 

• Like 6