[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

1 hour ago, bombshellchick1 said:

But remember there was a scene where "Blond Do Hyun So identity as Baek Hee Seong aka Lee Joon Gi" was pressing his thumb on this machine and the lady can't find his fingerprint as Baek Hee Seong? Wasn't that for military?

Joybran this makes perfect sense!! Ok now that BHS has placed that threatening call to the witness weeks or months after!! The puzzle pieces fit on timeline!! Thank you for your awesome analysis!! :Megathanks:

So I rewatched that episode :lol: The year was 2005, BMW said his son completed his military service last year and was preparing for CSAT. I am not sure about the fingerprint part maybe it is related to the "military reserve solider training" letter he gave him later.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

29 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Oh sure! And I understand what you mean. I'm also sad that the writer build to something different - at least in my opinion - and in the end dropped it without going into it more. Like Ji Won being "two faced", then her threatening the female killer in episode 2 and her dark past with her father. Definitely not happy about that and agree. :D

By the way, did you know that scene about her having a dark past and that if he knew he would be shocked?It was ad-lib.They showed LJK and MCW improvising on it and creating the dialogue.I saw in the behind the scenes. It doesnt seem like it was in the script. Anyway, who knows writer could surprise us.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Flower of Evil Poll 5: Baek Hee Sung - the real killer

Chingus, time for a new poll!

I think we can all agree that Baek Hee Sung is cray cray and his parents are crazy too....!

There were some plot twists in ep 13 that left me first like this:

200.gif

And then like this:

mad-at-theinternet.gif

So, let's find out in this week's poll how you feel about the following questions. Thank you to @Lmangla and @bombshellchick1 for helping me out with the questions. :kiss_wink:

1. Is Do Min Seok really a serial killer?

2. Will someone die? Who?

3. Will Baek Hee Sung's mom turn against her real son and help Do Hyun Soo instead?

Again, feel free to discuss in the thread.

tagging: 

@lightbringer06 @chickenchopflipflop83 @violina @H0ney @sas79 @J13 @kara_mella @noor1 @holyfea @Sleepy Owl @Enimsa88 @-Love Blossom- @hunybunny @Samuel Yohanes @kdrama @an-naum @rocher22 @Erika Song @The Therapy @qynn @joybran @ainipang @lovelyUnicorn @glory @aisling @Seonhoyaa @chrisjae_18 @Kayllee21 @Maral @Tuiwgn @hazelyeot @smartiegal@jazz85 @Pikachu92 @moomooz @Latte_Anyday @TTT1234 @Shining tiara@mystic62 @Nodame @junghwana @mulberry9 @andy78 @Madu Mita @patheticsane @tiMadam @joybran @turquoisse @JosseJunjin @LumbarSpine @luffie @Brennster @miwako78 @rachel-moore @jessicaw22 @jangmi92_ @coral maor @agnesselvira @LRM11219311

@sken40 @stellalafemme @Cindy Tjioe @thephamle

@Jillia @Sleepy Owl @larus

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

37 minutes ago, partyon said:

Flower of Evil Poll 5: Baek Hee Sung - the real killer

Chingus, time for a new poll!

I think we can all agree that Baek Hee Sung is cray cray and his parents are crazy too....!

There were some plot twists in ep 13 that left me first like this:

And then like this:

So, let's find out in this week's poll how you feel about the following questions. Thank you to @Lmangla and @bombshellchick1 for helping me out with the questions. :kiss_wink:

3. Will Baek Hee Sung's mom turn against her real son and help Do Hyun Soo instead?

Again, feel free to discuss in the thread.

tagging: 

@lightbringer06 @chickenchopflipflop83 @violina @H0ney @sas79 @J13 @kara_mella @noor1 @holyfea @Sleepy Owl @Enimsa88 @-Love Blossom- @hunybunny @Samuel Yohanes @kdrama @an-naum @rocher22 @Erika Song @The Therapy @qynn @joybran @ainipang @lovelyUnicorn @glory @aisling @Seonhoyaa @chrisjae_18 @Kayllee21 @Maral @Tuiwgn @hazelyeot @smartiegal@jazz85 @Pikachu92 @moomooz @Latte_Anyday @TTT1234 @Shining tiara@mystic62 @Nodame @junghwana @mulberry9 @andy78 @Madu Mita @patheticsane @tiMadam @joybran @turquoisse @JosseJunjin @LumbarSpine @luffie @Brennster @miwako78 @rachel-moore @jessicaw22 @jangmi92_ @coral maor @agnesselvira @LRM11219311

@sken40 @stellalafemme @Cindy Tjioe @thephamle

@Jillia @Sleepy Owl @larus

1) All the evidences point to Baek Hee Seong only. I'm not sure tho if Do Min Seok killed anybody.

2) I only wanted Baek Hee Seong to die lol

3) Witnessing BHS kill the maid, she didn't do any thing...she even went along with the plan to put all the blame on DHS (disguising as the maid getting on a taxi). If Eun Ha gets kidnapped by BHS, I am unsure if she will have a change of heart. For now my guess is NO, she will not help Do Hyun Soo.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

1. I think Do Min Seok was a serial killer and Baek Hee sung was his accomplice.

2. I think Baek Hee Sung will die. I don`t think the police will catch him alive. Maybe it is a wishful thinking.

3. Baek Hee Sun`s mom showed some redeeming qualities so it is possible to turn against his son or she could die trying to protect Hyun Soo or his daughter. There are too many victims. I don`t think she will take it anymore. But I want all three locked up.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

1. I don't know if he's a serial killer per se, but I do think that he may have enabled BHS along the way. He may not have been the one directly attacking and murdering the women, but he was definitely in on it somehow. Whether it was willingly or through coercion and threats, I'm not sure.

There'd be no way that a teenager would be able to make the contacts that they had unless the contacts were established later. However, that doesn't mean that he wasn't the one to meet with them. I think DMS kind of brought forward BHS's killing mindset. Like what we saw, he was supposedly curious and just wanted to see but since DMS commented on that, it could be that he began to look up to him in a way as someone who actually understood him, unlike his parents. 

2. I feel like Moo Jin might die. I feel like he might put himself in the line of danger to protect Hae Soo or maybe he thinks that it'll be his repayment for being so terrible to DHS years ago. He tried to help before and I believe that he now thinks of DHS as a friend that was wronged. Now that he knows a bit more of what happened back then, I think he has a better understanding and is now willing to help the family, even if it may only be because he likes Hae Soo.  

Another contender, besides BHS, would be his mom. I don't think his dad would so easily die, but I could see his mom giving her life to save DHS. She already stabbed her own son to let him live and I think that maybe, if she does witness a showdown between the two of them, she might choose DHS over BHS. Which brings us to the third question.

3. I think there's a possibility she'll turn against her son. She's clearly afraid of him so it's not like she'll proactively take the steps to save herself from him, but maybe if she saw him acting as a monster again she might find the courage to save whoever his anger is directed towards, which is DHS. With her stabbing him, she saw, first hand, how terrible her son could be, burying someone alive, and did what she could. However, from what we've seen, she doesn't know what to do around him when he's just in the house and commanding things. It is true that she saw the maid being murdered by him but like she admitted, she was also angry at her over the fact that she was trying to blackmail them. I think when the situation is against the other party does she turn her protective mode on and since she told DHS that she saw him like her own son, she does have some fondness towards him. 

I do think that DHS has some sort of fondness towards her, though, even if he may not really like her. Maybe he just sees her as someone who is set in an unfortunate set of circumstances like himself. He still calls her Mother when he could've switched over now in front of CJW after his secret it out and he helped her when she dropped the items, even if it was a setup against him. I think she might see the warmth in him that she doesn't see in her own son and knowing that he has a family he deeply cares about, she may just sacrifice herself and help him.

In a video theorizing about the show, it was mentioned that perhaps DHS used his burner phone to call her. Of course it's speculation and he couldn't kept his identity from her and threatened her with something, but it also opens up a possibility that she has a way of contacting him.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

The cleaning volunteers found the bodies 13 days after the maid's death. Did the police not investigate the hour of the death of the victim and only match the fingerprints of the tape? Why did the police not perform an autopsy on the cause of death of the maid? So strange for me. Like other case police always  perform autopsy on the victim. Why in the maid case they didn't do it? 

Maybe there is plot twist the writer will give us next. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, joybran said:

May 11, 2002 is when Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped while DMS and DHS were in the bar. She must have escaped pretty soon after that, but she wandered around with amnesia for a long time before she ended up in the mental hospital.

The witness reported DMS car involved in kidnapping right away, but DHS testimony cleared him. At that time nobody knew about the missing people who had been murdered. There was no suspicion of DMS for any crime.

A few weeks later, DMS committed suicide, or did he? After his death and funeral, the police discovered the buried bodies, including DMS's wife, and decided that DMS was the serial killer. Because DHS had testified for his father, the villagers believed that he was the accomplice and started the exorcisms. 

Weeks or maybe months later, DHS started seeing his dead father, and his sister went to the village foreman to get him to stop the exorcisms. She ended up killing him. This was fall of 2002. After DHS took the blame and ran away, BHS made the threatening call to the kidnapping witness.

The most important thing is that, at the time of the funeral, when BHS gave Jung Mi Sook's fish keychain to DHS, nobody knew about the serial killings or even that DHS's mother was dead.

But didn’t BHS make that threatening phone call at the bar on the night when DMS and DHS were there??? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aisling said:

But didn’t BHS make that threatening phone call at the bar on the night when DMS and DHS were there??? 

That would be impossible because that was the night Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped, May 11. The foreman wasn't killed until months later in the fall. He certainly wasn't killed while DMS was still alive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joybran said:

That would be impossible because that was the night Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped, May 11. The foreman wasn't killed until months later in the fall. He certainly wasn't killed while DMS was still alive.

Well, I think we just stumbled upon a huge plot hole!!!

Because according to what we saw, BHS made that phone call the night JMS was kidnapped. The night he returned the car keys to DMS at the bar. You can clearly see BHS was wearing the same clothes when he made the phone call and when he returned the coat. It couldn’t have been months after that. So it doesn’t make sense that he was talking about the foreman when DMS was still alive. 

F5-DEA9-C0-D33-D-4-FAA-9070-7-FE4-DF5885

21-A20-BA9-6-B97-4-CDF-8531-D64-F861485-

4-BFA2599-9080-4630-9-B9-C-27-E98-E6-EE1

Spoiler

F812-E0-A1-1-E23-4-A48-A7-DA-2-E89701572

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 2

1. I guess YSC hide Jung Mi Sook in Do Min Soek House.
In episode 4 CJW know all the address of Do Min Soek.House in Paju, Holiday House in Taean.All I hate about VJW and DHS relationship is they never trust each other.If DHS honest with Cha Ji Won that he got threat call from the murderer, the problem will not be more complicated. CJW is smart police. in Baek Man Wo house she know there is strange thing but she can identified it. I hate writer who make their relationship suspicious of each other. Also DHS isn't honest to CJW why he is out early in the morning in the day that cleaning volunteer found the corpse. 

2.In episode 4 also CJW said there were 7 victim of serial murder but 1 person wasn't found.is Ju Min Soek.she still alive.in episode 12, Gong Mija found 7 nails.So who's nail? Do Min Soek nail?

CJW also said to Detective IM:If Do Min Soek doesn't commit suicide then serial murder case is unknown.( I believe BHS killed him by himself or ask YSC to killed him. and Detective Im said we don't know what monster mind).All right nail was found at Do Min Soek worship.Did is plan by BHS to trap him as serial murder? we know all the left nails found by GMJ in BHS room.

3.After the World Cup  serial murder case dissapered.We know that BHS really like World Cup like he said to his mom. So who bribed the media so that. a serial murder case could just dissapear?

@joybran @aisling.02.30 12 Mei 2002 Young Hee accidentally hit a car with number 58 GA 3194.(BHS car). Maybe he was threatening Young Hee the same day after that accident. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Because according to what we saw, BHS made that phone call the night JMS was kidnapped. The night he returned the car keys to DMS at the bar. You can clearly see BHS was wearing the same clothes when he made the phone call and when he returned the coat. It couldn’t have been months after that. So it doesn’t make sense that he was talking about the foreman when DMS was still alive.

It's not the same day even though he was wearing the same clothes. It takes place after he gave Haesoo the fish pendant and after the foreman was murdered. Not sure what his intentions were but it seems bae hee sung hatched the plan to frame do hyun soo for his crimes after min seoks death. He gave hae soo the fish pendant to give to hyun soo, he also left the message for the cleaner ahjumma implying that he was do hyun soo. So I think the purpose of the call was more  to frame hyun soo than to threaten the ahjumma. 

Also, some thoughts on what happened between cha ji won and hyun soo in ep 13.

I was devastated by what happened in the end but I also believed that the events that happened were somewhat believable and not as far fetched as most would think. 

I think the main contrast that the episode brought out, was how strong cha ji won's character was, and how weak hyun suu is, despite how others seem to see him as somewhat impenetrable. There also still seems to be a disconnect between how ji won views hyun suu vs.what kind of person hyun suu actually is despite what happens in ep 11. I think the writer Is doing her best so that these 2 characters get on the same page by ep 14. As the viewer, we've seen all the panic attacks, impulsiveness and manic behaviour hyun suu displays to know he is really quite broken. But ji won doesn't, she only sees how he functions in front of her and how he takes care of Eunha. Ep 13 was the first time she has ever seen hyun suu coming close to having a panic attack. I am actually glad that hyun suu somewhat snaps in front of jiwon  at the end of ep 13, so that the two characters finally know everything about each other.

As to why hyun soo doesn't tell jiwon this himself, the thing is, it is too difficult for someone relate their mental issues with someone else without feeling like they were getting shut down. While they were driving home, hyun suu was open about the feelings of fear and paranoia he was going through, but I felt the way that ji won responded (to have faith in the might of the police) was logical, but not what hyun suu needs to hear at that point in time, and probably a wrong response for someone suffering from paranoia. In fact, I don't think he was calmed down by jiwon's words, he seemed to put his mask back on and shut himself out again after that scene. 

While I think hyun soo has no intention of hurting jiwon at the ending ep 13, it was a well writtened scene that both served to help jiwon realize how mentally ill her husband really is while keeping the viewers in suspense. To gloss over his mental issues and have them trust each other 100% when not all the cards are laid out on the table would be disappointing and unrealistic. 

As for jiwon doubting hyun suu, I also thought that it was a rational decision. So far she has never come across actual proof that her husband was involved in any crime. But the fingerprint was undeniable evidence. Although she requested for detective choi to not handcuff hyun suu, what she meant was, if there ever comes a time when hyun suu has to be handcuffed, she would want to be the one to do it gently for him. I believe she was trying to help him in the scene, as we also understand that jiwon has complete faith in the law and the criminal punishment system, and genuinely thought that arresting him was the best way to prove his innocence. 

So in summary, I don't think the ending was illogical at all. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Finally decided to delurk. (Actually, not all dramas can prompt me to do so.)  Really enjoy reading your character analysis and thoughts, yeorobun.  

Wow! Ep 12 and 13 are filled with many surprises and new revelations.  Other than what you have shared, my two cents on the episodes:

1. CJW decided to arrest DHS because she is a cop after all.  She operates and does her job based on what is real and evident.  Added to the physical evidence, she tried to put the puzzles by herself:  She caught DHS had something in his mind and  overflowed the glass with the tomato juice all over the kitchen table in the morning and later found out from Eun Ha that DHS was out the night at that very hour.  We can't blame her too much for suspecting her husband, because she also knew DHS was hiding something from her.  She assured DHS, "I will make sure you don't get punished for what you didn't do"  and it is not that DHS wouldn't cooperate with her, he needed to find the accomplice ASAP because he just got the threatening phone call.  He actually gave his hands to be handcuffed, but then he heard his father's words.

2. I love how CJW can calm DHS down.  When he got angry in the car, she knew how to encourage and lighten him up.  Sweet scene!

3.  Episode 13 shed some light on DHS's issues with trust and love. 

His father said," I really love your mother and I thought you mother loved me too. 

But she was in love with an illusion (I wonder what kind of illusion it is)  She couldn't accept for who I really was.  In the end, she abandoned you two and ran away from me. Love can be very cunning.  It's very sly.   It makes you think it can solve everything. But in the end, it betrays you.  Hyun Su, listen to me carefully.  When you feel the urge to trust somebody one day, it means you're becoming weak.  That's all there is to it."

DHS:  Tell me, do you trust me? Or deep down inside, do you believe that I really could've killed her?  If you don't even believe me, how will anybody else believe what I say?

Very intriguing dialogue, isn't it?

-Now we learnt why DHS had issues with being loving.  CJW and DHS's needs of word affirmations are different.  Throughout the drama, CJW loves to hear that DHS loves her, DHS loves to hear that CJW trusts him.  To DHS, if he loves CJW, he is going to be vulnerable and become weak.   And becoming weak, he is easily victimized by others. Growing up, DHS was indoctrinated by his father to trust no one and think that love was very cunning and sly.  Therefore when he finally  said 'I love you' to CJW and Eun Ha, he just made a  breakthrough.  It was a big step for him to do so.  To DHS, he knows that CJW loves him if she trusts him.  

-To me, what DHS said is true in all marriages.  If a spouse doesn't trust his wife/her husband, how will anybody else trust him/her?

Maybe in the next episode, they will reveal that after CJW turned off the camera, they later did some talks.  It didn't seem to me that they were handcuffed together though, but CJW followed DHS on the run? (I could be wrong on this).

Like many of you said,  I believe Jung Mi Sook, BHS mom, YSC will be the important key roles in revealing the murderer later on.

Can't wait until the next episodes!!!

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

10 June 2002 is Do Min Soek Funeral. And this day BHs give fish chain to Doo Hae Su. And tell her that DHS will suffer for future. So he has been planning to slander Do Hyun Su as accomplice. He gave the fish key chain to Do Hae Su and saying that DHs will have bad luck and he know exactly that Do Hae Su love her brother and will give him Jung Min Soek fish key chain and DHs would be accused of being an accomplice to the murderer. 

After DmS  died, the serial murder case was known. 

What date Village foreman died? 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

It's not the same day even though he was wearing the same clothes. It takes place after he gave Haesoo the fish pendant and after the foreman was murdered. Not sure what his intentions were but it seems bae hee sung hatched the plan to frame do hyun soo for his crimes after min seoks death. He gave hae soo the fish pendant to give to hyun soo, he also left the message for the cleaner ahjumma implying that he was do hyun soo. So I think the purpose of the call was more  to frame hyun soo than to threaten the ahjumma. 

I still think it’s a plot hole. The writer didn’t think this through.

If the threatening phone call happened the different night, how was Hyun Soo able to hear his father’s voice in it??? If his father was dead at that time, he would’ve not been there in the recording!

Remeber how Ji Won went to analyse the recording? The IT guy was able to reduce background noises and there were two male voices - one belonging to the bartender and the other to DMS! So logically the phone call happened on the night when DMS and DHS were at the bar when DHS clearly heard his father’s voice in the recording.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aisling said:

Hide contents

I think they forgot to change BHS outfit! But I agree, the village foreman death DIDN'T happen yet, DHS wouldn't be coming back to the village after the village foreman's death.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

Article Translation

“Flower of Evil”s Moon Chaewon, expanding her character’s range through her acting

l_2020091202000591600116041.jpg

Actor Moon Chaewon is broadening her character’s range with her acting ability on tVN’s WedThur drama ‘Flower of Evil’.

Throughout her career, she has built unique character’s range through her riveting acting in various projects. This time Moon Chaewon has shown us a new side we can’t take our eyes off Perfectly filling the gap of 2 years, making us go “Ah, as expected of her”, adding yet another legendary character.

In the drama, Moon Chaewon transforms into homicide detective Cha Jiwon who chases after her husband’s secret identity, heating up the small screen.

At the start of the show, Moon Chaewon’s acting ability allowed her character effortless duality. She portrayed a charismatic professional who doesn’t miss anything and leads investigations on site. As a veteran homicide detective, she can make us nervous. But in front of her beloved family, she shows a charming reversal into someone harmless, adding to the story. As the episodes air, Moon Chaewon’s emotional acting is maturing. The confusion of discovering her caring husband is the son of a serial killer the world is after, and the suspicion, discomfort and more that follows is not easy to express. Her deep gazes, subtle changes of expression allow us to sympathise with the character.

Even in the tense suspense, Moon Chaewon has naturally portrayed the sorrow melo too. Her love for her husband is unchanging even if it destroys her. To the point of giving up on a dream she’s had since she was young to protect her husband. As such, she has convincingly portrayed contemplation, internal conflict and love through her acting.

The character Cha Jiwon has many charms. With Moon Chaewon’s passionate acting, you cant not fall for this show. Going one step above the actress we trust and watch, Moon Chaewon’s masterful acting is the highlight of ‘Flower of Evil’.

As an actor, Moon Chaewon has widened her acting range. There are three episodes left, and in that time, we hope to see new sides too.

tvN’s WedThur drama ‘Flower of Evil’ starring Moon Chaewon airs every Wed and Thurs at 10: 50pm.

Source1

On 9/12/2020 at 12:49 PM, Nadnad2112 said:

Hi, i’m newbie here.

a little bit confused about the timeline.

Hello, welcome to the thread.Picked this one up from instagram. Its from Episode 1 - 13.

a7a06bd0d2a8785241c562d61ef9b483e66296b1

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, bombshellchick1 said:

I think they forgot to change BHS outfit! But I agree, the village foreman death DIDN'T happen yet, DHS wouldn't be coming back to the village after the village foreman's death.

This is what I'm curious about, from what I can understand, Do Min Seok and Do Hyun Soo were in the bar where Baek Hee Seung made the recorded phone call after the witness saw him. But, what's confusing was when he talked about the village foreman murder. Is he talking about the murder that was just about to happen? What is it all a plan? Did I miss something? 

• Like 1