[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

2 hours ago, hunybunny said:

1.One big question for me if Baek Man Wo know his son is a serial murder why is he still looking for the hospital volunteer photo as requested by Do Hae So? to blame all mistake to DHS?

If DHS honest to CJW about green silicon band who used by BHS like Do Hae Su remember the accomplice wear in Do Min Soek funeral, This problem will solve because in episode 13 CJW see a photo of hospital volunteer wearing a green silicon band in BHS treatment room. But we know this is drama.

2. if DHS run off  to lure BHS out , what plans Do Hyun su has prepared? Does  he want to meet Yeom Sam Cheol?

3. BHS doesn't know YSC has a photo of him and YSC hold a key witness who survived the murder.But poor she doesn't remember anything.

4. When BHS spread the maid hair in DHS car, is the CCTV switched off?

5. When BHS killed the maid he used a gloves? I didn't see the detail because I was scared.

5) when BHS stood up from wheelchair then ran after and strangled the maid with her scarf, he was NOT wearing gloves. I don't know if BHS and his dad BMW, were wearing gloves when they put the maids' body in the bag and then in the car. But the scene where he was taking her hair strands, putting in ziploc bag and implanting it on DHS back of car, yes, he WAS wearing gloves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

Ep 12 was very good and ep 13 solid but I am not happy with Ji Won’s doubts despite the evidence, especially how they’ve built her up to support him though several scenes. We heard her tell him that she knew he was a good guy but then just one evidence, she’s doubting him all over again. It would have been better if she approached him to just discuss instead of being the ‘police’ etc. 

I get it that the writer has to do a plot twist as we head into the final 3 episodes but I think it weakens her character totally. 

Hyun Soo too has shown bits of mistrust in Cha Ji Won recently.Why did he go on a lone mission in the early morning in episode 13 without telling her?Its what has gotten them in the latest mess.She is a homicide cop.She would have sensed that he was being lured to a trap and stopped him from going. Why didn't he tell her the accomplice called him and threatened him that he knows her and Eun Ha? I understand why he did what he did.He confided in detective Choi that he is afraid that her involvement in his matters might break her. I also know he has communication issues because of his trauma but still. Cha Ji Won is emotionally strong and she is vocal about her concerns. He needs to be 100% transparent with her.

7b8ab279ba0db50782fcbfa2f844e2c2101ef39d

f120e806dd4d0ca3cd0208f38cda365c48e94f07

022e8972b59bcce8e05403bb72325e1f451cdfa9

• Like 7

I had to come and vent a bit.... :rage: I just finished ep 12.

That boy is cray cray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=10041229

Actually that whole family is bat s**t crazy!

200.gif

Also watching the first minutes of ep 13 and it struck me that both Do Min Seok and the real BHS both have longer hair. Coincidence? I think not especially since it now seems quite likely that Do Min Seok groomed BHS.

Back to watching ep 13.

Oh, and I'll be back with a poll soon! :kiss_wink:

• LOL 6

Something crossed my mind though. Jung Min Sook is still alive.Y'all think cabbie driver might show up again? I mean we didnt hear the full conversation on what he discussed with DHS in episode 6.There must be a reason writernim and DHS kept him and his wife alive right? 

e49acdbbc2f74b5be7fa08c3e6bcf4f55aca4ba3

634e0bafe757a57fdfbd314ec78a5c8e983a5579

dc5962fb3c88f9e8fcf5614f127456d82e23d3ad

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nadnad2112 said:

Hi, i’m newbie here.

a little bit confused about the timeline.

when DHS at the bar with his dad (flashback), BHS called the witness ahjumma and threatened her, he also said about the death of village foreman. 

But do hae su killed the foreman 3 months after their father died right? Can someone explain to me?? Thank you so much. Sorry my english is bad

DHS and DMS were at the bar the night BHS kidnapped JMS. The witness gave her statement right after the kidnapping, but DHS statement discredited her, so there was no reason to threaten her. It wasn't until months later after DHS was believed to have killed the foreman that the cops were interested in her again. BHS was established as a special customer who got hand-chipped ice in his drinks. So when he made the call from that bar, the background sounds and the bartender's voice were the same. It was confusing because of the "ashtray" comment on the tape. It made it seem like he was offering the ashtray to DMS because that is what DHS was remembering when he heard the word "ashtray," but he could have been offering it to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Also watching the first minutes of ep 13 and it struck me that both Do Min Seok and the real BHS both have longer hair. Coincidence? I think not especially since it now seems quite likely that Do Min Seok groomed BHS.

bwahahaha.... serial killer requirement: must have long hair?

Bad Hair Day GIF by Sunny Bunnies

also hae sung is super villain. stay in coma for 16 years and now can get up and run around and do crimes in different locations... that is like wolverine recovery! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFCg1X2AFWz/?igshid=fu63gw0hw8s7

It's the 

Spoiler

Cliff again. 

I have a feeling, while hyun suu's wit, hee sung's arrogance and jiwon's intelligence will lead the police to eventually finding out who the real culprit is, hee sung will not let hyun suu go easily without a fight. 

Spoiler

As I mentioned, mi sook's memories resemble hyun soo's first memory when he was 10. Hyun soo might have been min seoks first experiment. He must have witnessed terrible things while being  locked in the basement. 

The last act will involve hyun suu recovering his memories and the redemption of min seok. 

Spoiler

Even though hyun su outsmarts hee sung, hee sung kidnaps him and locks him in the basement. Maybe mijia is locked together with him, and he remembers his mother and his memories. He manages to free both himself and mi jia but hee sung chases after him in the forest. 

While hee sung is in manic pursuit of hyun su, hyun su remembers what min seok told him. He finds his way in the forest and lures hee sung straight off a cliff. 

I think it's a poetic and beautiful way to end the show, how min seok is his son's greatest fear, but also his biggest saviour. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

9 hours ago, Jillia said:

First of all: welcome to the thread, @Nadnad2112! :D And don't worry about your language skills, you're doing fine!

I have yet to rewatch the recent episodes but the timeline is confusing to me as well. I think because a lot happened at the same time and even things which had apparently nothing to do with Do Min Seok's crimes. But maybe some of the fellow Flower of Evil friends can enlighten us about the timeline.

I am also getting confused in Timeline so I'll try my best to base it with the help of cheese_jg (IG name) timeline. Please check out her post.

2002: - Do Hyun So (18 yrs. Old bullied by Moo Jin and other students, exorcism of villagers).

- Jeonsu Murders happened ( 7 bodies were digged up in mountain, ms. wu, mom of DHS is included in the 7 bodies, fingernails taken, we know where those nails are, police and villagers suspect Do Min Seok but he killed himself before getting arrested)

- Do Min Seok and Do Hyun So we're at the bar. BHS (21 yrs. Old) picked up the jacket on the floor and DMS secretly gave keys (lent car, BHS kidnapped Jung Mi Sook (witness saw this) later BHS left a voicemail to her don't tell anybody (threat).

-Do Min Seok funeral (BHS attended, crying and wrote his phone # on Hae Soo arm.

- Village foreman was killed by Do Hae Soo (before Do Min Seok funeral, because the voicemail of accomplice said, "remember the village foreman was nosy so that happened to him" assuming that he called the witness after the kidnapping), and DHS took all blame to save his sister. Ran away to work in Chinese Restaurant. DHS came back to attend dad's funeral.

2002-2005: Do Hyun Soo (18-21 yrs.) Worked in Chinese restaurant, without status, stabbed by colleague. Got hit by BHS (24 yrs. Old) Car on that night. BHS was on the phone with Yong Sang Chul and asked if "she recognized him) (Jung Mi Sook?)

2002-2020: Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped, escaped? Went to different houses, eventually locked up in mental hospital (BHS was in coma 15 years?) Yong Sang Chul knew, she's his insurance for BHS crimes.

2005: (21 years old) Identity Laundering of Do Hyun Soo to Baek Hee Seong

2015: (31 years old) married to Jiwon, 2020 now daughter Eun Ha age 6

2020: Case reopened, BHS (39 years old) woke up from coma after 15 years. He killed the maid and made it look like DHS did it.

Please feel free to add or edit this. There are loose ends or mistakes. Thanks! :gangnamstyle:

Edited by bombshellchick1
Confusion on info
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

Sorry for getting back so late. :) Read through the character descriptions again to make sure. He was in coma for 15 years.

My question is what was he doing for the three years between Do Min Seok's death and the night he hit Do Hyun So with his car. He was still in touch with Yeom Sang Chul per their phone conversation. Had he been killing during those years? And if he was on his way to kill Do Hae Soo because she had seem him at the funeral, why had he waited for three years? Or had Yeom Sang Chul just located Jung Mi Sook three years after her escape and amnesia? Did YSC decide to keep her as insurance after he couldn't get hold of BHS and BMW paid him off?

Isn't it fun to speculate?

• Like 3

I just watched a video theorizing about the trailer for what'll happen in episode 14, it's from a channel called Drama addiction and I love their insights, and it brought up some of the same points that we brought up here and some new ones. One of them plays off the fact that DHS did that to CJW in order to save his family and in order not to get caught. In the video, they said that they believe DHS did that in order to disassociate himself from his family. He got the call from who he believes is the accomplice who knows all about his family and perhaps theorized that if he shows him not caring for his family, then that would bring the accomplice to only target him. It's like saying that if DHS is able to do that kind of thing to his wife, then he absolutely has no feelings for her. Like a show because DHS would know that the security footage would get out and they'd be able to see him actually doing it.

Also, they brought up the phone call that GMJ got when she was talking to BHS and he was manipulating her telling her that they found the body and the police would come. I think naturally we just assumed it was the police, that's what I think I did, but the video theorizes that it was actually DHS's burner phone given to him by YSC since the phone numbers align which means that he contacted GMJ about something but probably posing as someone else since she wouldn't know it was his phone.

Plus, I think someone mentioned this before, but I totally didn't notice that CJW and DHS were running up the stairs are the police are outside of their house in the trailer in the beginning haha.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Oh, and I also realized that the wedding rings and hand cuffs are metaphors for each other.... 

Also just to clarify my earlier mistake, the knife used by hyun suu is featured in the first episode. It is double-edged, sorry, was too eager to believe it was single bladed 

2 minutes ago, thesuitelife547 said:

I just watched a video theorizing about the trailer for what'll happen in episode 14, it's from a channel called Drama addiction and I love their insights, and it brought up some of the same points that we brought up here and some new ones. One of them plays off the fact that DHS did that to CJW in order to save his family and in order not to get caught. In the video, they said that they believe DHS did that in order to disassociate himself from his family. He got the call from who he believes is the accomplice who knows all about his family and perhaps theorized that if he shows him not caring for his family, then that would bring the accomplice to only target him. It's like saying that if DHS is able to do that kind of thing to his wife, then he absolutely has no feelings for her. Like a show because DHS would know that the security footage would get out and they'd be able to see him actually doing it.

Also, they brought up the phone call that GMJ got when she was talking to BHS and he was manipulating her telling her that they found the body and the police would come. I think naturally we just assumed it was the police, that's what I think I did, but the video theorizes that it was actually DHS's burner phone given to him by YSC since the phone numbers align which means that he contacted GMJ about something but probably posing as someone else since she wouldn't know it was his phone.

Plus, I think someone mentioned this before, but I totally didn't notice that CJW and DHS were running up the stairs are the police are outside of their house in the trailer in the beginning haha.

In the preview it also shows they are handcuffed together 

• Like 2

@violina, the taxi driver is in prison. I assumed that his explanation for why he kidnapped "Baek Hee Seong" was the end of his purpose in the story. However, writer-nim has surprised us again by having Jung Mi Sook show up alive. I had forgotten that DHS asked KMJ to visit him in prison a few episodes back. Maybe that will be related in the next episode.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, joybran said:

My question is what was he doing for the three years between Do Min Seok's death and the night he hit Do Hyun So with his car. He was still in touch with Yeom Sang Chul per their phone conversation. Had he been killing during those years? And if he was on his way to kill Do Hae Soo because she had seem him at the funeral, why had he waited for three years? Or had Yeom Sang Chul just located Jung Mi Sook three years after her escape and amnesia? Did YSC decide to keep her as insurance after he couldn't get hold of BHS and BMW paid him off?

Yeah I think he was going to meet Jung mi sook. I also low key speculate Kim moo Jin was the one who freed mi sook (saw her in the basement in the videotape, went back to free her but didn't report to police). Maybe moo Jin helps her recover her memory or something. 

4 minutes ago, joybran said:

@violina, the taxi driver is in prison. I assumed that his explanation for why he kidnapped "Baek Hee Seong" was the end of his purpose in the story. However, writer-nim has surprised us again by having Jung Mi Sook show up alive. I had forgotten that DHS asked KMJ to visit him in prison a few episodes back. Maybe that will be related in the next episode.

Yes somehow I feel moo Jin is related to the taxi driver and mi sook in some way. (they kept moo Jin and taxi drivers meeting a secret). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, violina said:

Hyun Soo too has shown bits of mistrust in Cha Ji Won recently.Why did he go on a lone mission in the early morning in episode 13 without telling her?Its what has gotten them in the latest mess.She is a homicide cop.She would have sensed that he was being lured to a trap and stopped him from going. Why didn't he tell her the accomplice called him and threatened him that he knows her and Eun Ha? I understand why he did what he did.He confided in detective Choi that he is afraid that her involvement in his matters might break her. I also know he has communication issues because of his trauma but still. Cha Ji Won is emotionally strong and she is vocal about her concerns. He needs to be 100% transparent with her.

I agree with this. Maybe he made an excuse to himself that he didn't want to wake her up and that he would tell her about the call in the morning. Then he didn't have time because she was suddenly called to work. However, I think it is more likely that he just isn't used to being transparent with her yet.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, joybran said:

I think BHS was in army for 3 years. When BMW was giving his son's idnetity to DHS he revealed that his son had just completed his military service. I think after killing DMS (if be really did that) he went to army for hiding. Police must have found out about the serial murders when he was serving. So when he got out he started looking for Haesoo to shut her up but got into an accident. If he was really going to meet Haesoo that night then DHS indirectly saved his sister. The siblings bond is so beautiful. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

37 minutes ago, bombshellchick1 said:

I am also getting confused in Timeline so I'll try my best to base it with the help of cheese_jg (IG name) timeline. Please check out her post.

2002: - Do Hyun So (18 yrs. Old bullied by Moo Jin and other students, exorcism of villagers).

- Jeonsu Murders happened ( 7 bodies were digged up in mountain, ms. wu, mom of DHS is included in the 7 bodies, fingernails taken, we know where those nails are, police and villagers suspect Do Min Seok but he killed himself before getting arrested)

- Do Min Seok and Do Hyun So we're at the bar. BHS (21 yrs. Old) picked up the jacket on the floor and DMS secretly gave keys (lent car, BHS kidnapped Jung Mi Sook (witness saw this) later BHS left a voicemail to her don't tell anybody (threat).

-Do Min Seok funeral (BHS attended, crying and wrote his phone # on Hae Soo arm.

- Village foreman was killed by Do Hae Soo (before Do Min Seok funeral, because the voicemail of accomplice said, "remember the village foreman was nosy so that happened to him" assuming that he called the witness after the kidnapping), and DHS took all blame to save his sister. Ran away to work in Chinese Restaurant. DHS came back to attend dad's funeral.

2002-2005: Do Hyun Soo (18-21 yrs.) Worked in Chinese restaurant, without status, stabbed by colleague. Got hit by BHS (24 yrs. Old) Car on that night. BHS was on the phone with Yong Sang Chul and asked if "she recognized him) (Jung Mi Sook?)

2002-2020: Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped, escaped? Went to different houses, eventually locked up in mental hospital (BHS was in coma 15 years?) Yong Sang Chul knew, she's his insurance for BHS crimes.

2020: Case reopened, BHS (39 years old) woke up from coma after 15 years. He killed the maid and made it look like DHS did it.

Please feel free to add or edit this. There are loose ends or mistakes. Thanks!

But why would DHS stay in village when village foreman died? Because scene after that was the bar with dad, then kidnapping happened. Was he just visiting dad while he worked in Chinese restaurant? I'm confused now.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bombshellchick1 said:

- Village foreman was killed by Do Hae Soo (after funeral?), and DHS took all blame to save his sister. Ran away to work in Chinese Restaurant.

Please feel free to add or edit this. There are loose ends or mistakes. Thanks!

May 11, 2002 is when Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped while DMS and DHS were in the bar. She must have escaped pretty soon after that, but she wandered around with amnesia for a long time before she ended up in the mental hospital.

The witness reported DMS car involved in kidnapping right away, but DHS testimony cleared him. At that time nobody knew about the missing people who had been murdered. There was no suspicion of DMS for any crime.

A few weeks later, DMS committed suicide, or did he? After his death and funeral, the police discovered the buried bodies, including DMS's wife, and decided that DMS was the serial killer. Because DHS had testified for his father, the villagers believed that he was the accomplice and started the exorcisms. 

Weeks or maybe months later, DHS started seeing his dead father, and his sister went to the village foreman to get him to stop the exorcisms. She ended up killing him. This was fall of 2002. After DHS took the blame and ran away, BHS made the threatening call to the kidnapping witness.

The most important thing is that, at the time of the funeral, when BHS gave Jung Mi Sook's fish keychain to DHS, nobody knew about the serial killings or even that DHS's mother was dead.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

I think BHS was in army for 3 years. When BMW was giving his son's idnetity to DHS he revealed that his son had just completed his military service. I think after killing DMS (if be really did that) he went to army for hiding. Police must have found out about the serial murders when he was serving. So when he got out he started looking for Haesoo to shut her up but got into an accident. If he was really going to meet Haesoo that night then DHS indirectly saved his sister. The siblings bond is so beautiful. 

But remember there was a scene where "Blond Do Hyun So identity as Baek Hee Seong aka Lee Joon Gi" was pressing his thumb on this machine and the lady can't find his fingerprint as Baek Hee Seong? Wasn't that for military?

5 minutes ago, joybran said:

May 11, 2002 is when Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped while DMS and DHS were in the bar. She must have escaped pretty soon after that, but she wandered around with amnesia for a long time before she ended up in the mental hospital.

The witness reported DMS car involved in kidnapping right away, but DHS testimony cleared him. At that time nobody knew about the missing people who had been murdered. There was no suspicion of DMS for any crime.

A few weeks later, DMS committed suicide, or did he? After his death and funeral, the police discovered the buried bodies, including DMS's wife, and decided that DMS was the serial killer. Because DHS had testified for his father, the villagers believed that he was the accomplice and started the exorcisms. 

Weeks or maybe months later, DHS started seeing his dead father, and his sister went to the village foreman to get him to stop the exorcisms. She ended up killing him. This was fall of 2002. After DHS took the blame and ran away, BHS made the threatening call to the kidnapping witness.

The most important thing is that, at the time of the funeral, when BHS gave Jung Mi Sook's fish keychain to DHS, nobody knew about the serial killings or even that DHS's mother was dead.

Joybran this makes perfect sense!! Ok now that BHS has placed that threatening call to the witness weeks or months after!! The puzzle pieces fit on timeline!! Thank you for your awesome analysis!! :Megathanks:

• Like 3

My comment was just my own personal disliking of how the writer wrote the plot devices and not a specific dislike or not understanding Jiwon etc. Of course, I am rooting for the OTP and know they aren’t perfect characters and they are going through a lot. I just forgot in the moment after watching— that this show is a melodrama after all lol. 

• Like 3

@Jillia

I already awarded her with the most stressed wife of kdrama 2020. But we should also give her the most devoted and loyal wife of 2020 too:).

5763b5de036dad1d55ecb2188193dba2b3ac125c

e4769bf970656be0e449b504f4007f9e2736b2a8

e507f59c1ae188c498c4c4f19b689fbf4f22b956

I also want to share my thoughts on CJW as a character. At first, I was also team share her backstory. We need more information on her life before Hyun Soo. It seems her life is centred around the ML and thats a kdrama cliche we wish to see less of.The only thing I picked up about her before BHS, she had the dream to become a cop from kindergarten.It wasn't caused by a tragic event?(or maybe writernim will elaborate for us in the next episodes). That's normal.I know people who already knew what career they wanted to pursue from a young age and made it. She might be one of those. Her father passed away when she already started dating DHS and he was key to her healing process in overcoming her grief. She spent her 20s and reached career milestones, married and had a child with only her mother to celebrate with her. Thats sad in itself. It would definitely add more colour to her character to make her past more darker like the other three leads and the plot more dramatic.But now I understand why the writer chose not to for these reasons:

1) She is the strongest and only support system DHS has. Hyun Soo cant rely on Hae Soo all the time because she is an emotional wreck herself with depression and insomnia and her issues with Kim Moo Jin on top of that. CJW filled the gap in Hyun Soo's life when they separated.This might also be the reason why the writer didnt give her mental health issue that she has to struggle with. Their marriage and relationship would have ended a long time ago if she was psychologically broken like DHS.

2) I like how wholesome she is as a FL.She has the right balance of strength and weakness. She doesnt exhibit her character strength or how cool she is by being violent to the ML, or borderline sexual harrassment like other drama, or too much aegyo(cutesy). Or by wearing elaborate outfits and makeup and walking like a model. For her, its by being competent at her job, providing her husband with positive affirmation(words) and loyalty to her husband(its very important to men). Being a great mother to Eun Ha by filling in when DHS needs a break from parenting and house chore duties. But she is not a "mary sue" either.She can be ruthless. She has mood swings and tends to flip flop with her words when she is angryShe is not a straight laced detective either.She can bend the rules sometimes like detective Choi to achieve her goals.That makes her human and relatable.Her type is rare in kdrama. I wish to see more female leads like this in dramas.

3) I also feel like writernim compensated her lack of a dramatic backstory by making her the alpha female(dominant personality and most likely the stronger disciplinarian parent to Eun Ha) and DHS the beta male.That way she shines and has presence as a FL. She is fierce and protective over DHS.You can see it in action by her body language with him when they are in public i.e the way she holds his hand(almost like beyonce and jay z vibe). Even their bed scene:D, she was the one who was more touchy with her hands all over his body than him with her(although I know pd nim restricted DHS to avoid it being R-rated and devalue the message they were trying to convey to us).

So I feel she is perfect even without a dramatic backstory otherwise it will be overkill to add more.

• Like 7
  • Love 1