[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

1 hour ago, Avocado80 said:

When I look at this scene, besides l am loving every scenes with Eunha, In some morning hurried scene, I also like to ask why Hyun Su never ask his wife to just grab something for breakfast. Eventhough you are supper busy wife, you should just at least drink juice that your hubby made for you. LoL..
just my not important thought...:glasses:

He did once:D. He needs to do it more. Ji won is the most stressed wife in 2020 kdramaland. 

6a1db432c1edd11af49f30594f0fc73ac70db046

c945054564d7a6ccae68be49ec744891114f8ee0

• LOL 5

It's interesting to think, like in the review that @kdrama posted, that JMS might be the one that BHS was going to visit. Before we thought that it might have been Haesoo since she also doesn't remember him, but JMS has amnesia, so it's definitely sure that there'd be absolutely no way she'd remember BHS in that state. What I think may have happened was YSC found her and then reported her to BHS and he wanted to get the job completed, which is maybe where he was traveling to when he hit DHS. But I wonder if she'll recover her memories and be able to pinpoint BHS or if it's been too long so she absolutely won't be able to remember.

So obviously BHS knows that JMS is alive and now DHS does, too. But does BHS know or remember where JMS was located? And I wonder what he'll do if/when he finds out that YSC actually has her with him since he cut off YSC saying that he no longer needed to work with him. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, violina said:

Come to think of it, Egg Tart might actually be a foil or in BHS words "an unpredictable variable" in BHS plans. She is a math genius like BHS that means she is very very smart. She is also very good at manipulation like DHS, CJW and BHS. Just study her interactions with Go Mi Ja from their very first interaction at the pharmacy. BHS uses his vulnerable looks and childlike voice as a teen and even now to manipulate his mother and deceive others into doing his bidding. Eun Ha also used her cuteness and sharp tongue to win grandma over. The time she went to the Baek's house along with grandma. She probably heard and saw a lot including the things that were said when they were arguing about BHS while he was still in a coma. I remember grandpa said something like " turns out the six year old was snooping around. Make sure she doesnt say anything." I think she might play a key role in cracking the serial killer case wide open.

It also gives me a deja vu about a similar situation in drama "two weeks".The villain tried to kidnap LJK daughter at the hospital. The daughter deduced from a conversation they had earlier that the ahjussi was a bad one and she shouldnt follow him. I can see Eun Ha remembering the mantra DHS taught her (1)not to follow strangers, (2)adults dont ask help from children (3) mummy, daddy and grandma would not send anyone to collect her'.If BHS tried to kidnap her. She will outsmart him. She is his younger version just not a psycho.

Now that you mention it the fact that DHS tolled EH never to go with strangers is a red hearing. That girl has two smart parents. it wont be easy to kidnap her.  And Gong Mi-Ja is found get  that girl. in the end i think she won't let a child hurt. 

I just Watched  ep 13 again and DHS cut off the CTV.. he doesn’t erase it....meaning he got a plan. 

• Like 5

For me, Hyun Soo's reaction initially was pure rage. He was not faking it, he was not trusting Ji Won at that time. As I have before too, Ji Won's job makes it had for Hyun Soo to trust given the situation being completely against him. Plus I am sure that he is still not completely of sure of his feelings. When he told his sister that he did not love Ji Won, he was sincere and honest on his side. Does not mean he didn't love her, means he was yet to comprehend those feelings. He had been faking a lot that even for him it could have been hard to know whether he is faking or he is actually feeling it. So it is very much understandable for me that he is not trusting her. 

As for Hae Soo and Eun Ha it is completely opposite. Eun Ha has loved him from start and took care of him. He must have felt the same. There was no give and take in their relationship. There was no one responsible for each other in their relationship. So he is sure of his sister's feelings for him and his feelings for her. That is why he has been sharing everything with her since the voice recording of accomplice has been played. Same is the case with Eun Ha. He must have already felt different seeing someone totally relying on him. He feels responsible for her, but does not expect anything in return. And he has actually made her feel those feelings that he has for her, that we see her being more close to her dad than the mother. Yes she is detective and so Hyun Soo must have taken care of her making her like him more, but he was definitely not like his father while she grew up and took care of her with love, even if he didn't know about it. 

As for Ji Won, his relationship started with her because he would not see his dad when he was with her. Yes he must have and did develop feelings for her. But to him he still is with her because of that. Yes he did accept those feelings for her, but one does not suddenly change his thoughts overnight. So that moment was pure rage and he was not trusting her even for a second. There is a high chance that he came back to normal before/after switching off the CCTV camera (I'd say it happened after). I don't really think that he has a plan up his hand right now.

Yeom Sang Cheol is a wild card right now and so is Jung Mi Sook. We'll have to see who among Yeom Sang Cheol and Hae Soo, Hee Sung will go after. I really doubt he'll initially go after Sang Cheol, he'll first try to get rid of Hae Soo. As for Sang Cheol, I'll be more than disappointed if Hee Sung will be able to overpower him and defeat him in a fight or just very easily kill him off. This guy Sang Cheol, can actually ruin his plans. I don't think Hee Sung must have predicted he'll go after Jung Mi Sook. 

Also now I really wonder who the real killer was and who was the accomplice. You see, serial killers are the one who keep the souvenirs of their murder which in this case is the left hand thumbnail. It is the signature of the killer and they don't really share it with anyone, but it is their way of being reminded of the murders. They keep it as a trophy. It being found with Hee Sung, could actually mean he was the murderer and not Do Min Seok. There is actually a very high chance that Do Min Seok was not actually related to those murder and was framed by Hee Sung. 

1 hour ago, thesuitelife547 said:

So obviously BHS knows that JMS is alive and now DHS does, too. But does BHS know or remember where JMS was located? And I wonder what he'll do if/when he finds out that YSC actually has her with him since he cut off YSC saying that he no longer needed to work with him. 

Well if he can start walking within days of waking up, can murder a maid by overpowering her with a weak body and developing a plan like that to frame Hyun Soo, anything is possible with Hee Sung. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, thingskateknows said:

Okay, here's my theory (and hope).

I think the end was a set up to lure the Baek family into a false sense of confidence. The writer is really good at making us think the story is going one way and then taking us somewhere else. I think her going to the shop and staging the 'kidnapping' for the CCTV cameras was for show. We see in the preview that they are together and she's not exactly in distress. 

Remember, the Baek family thinks Ji Won is the only one who knows the truth. They don't know that Detective Choi knows. Choi is very smart - he let Hyun Su go before because I think he has some information that we don't know yet. He mentioned there was one witness who said Hyun Su could never kill anyone. We don't know who that witness is yet. 

Also, we saw a handprint on Hae Soo's window. There was a lot of focus on gathering fingerprints with tape in this episode. I think that even if the police didn't come (she said they couldn't do anything) that she got the print off the window or called someone to help her do it. That would give the evidence of BHS' real fingerprint and prove he wasn't in a coma.

Dont you think the one person who though Hyun so wasnt the killer is Hyun so sister   I think Choi detective already figured out that his sister is the killer. Judging from previous episode it is shown that detective Choi has great character analysi and intuition   I dont think but hoping choi and hae soo had talked regarding hyun so

• Like 2

15 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

I am scared to watch ep 13 with subs. In fact I am now scared to watch the rest of the show because the stakes are wayyyy too high.... 

In the next preview we see bhs holding jiwon's damaged police pass. 

Hide contents

As I mentioned earlier, hyun soo made jiwon take off her pass. But I also wonder if he took it and used it to fake jiwon's death

Eunha is unsure of opening the door

Hide contents

This is too scary for me.... Nothing can happen to our egg tart

The baeks are preparing a ton of money 

Hide contents

To pay Yong sang chul after he kills hyun su? 

Bhs says he doesn't like someone because he/she is unpredictable

Hide contents

Is he referring to do hae soo? He looks like he is at her house. At this time he doesn't know moo Jin is involved, so I hope moo Jin can outsmart him

Hyun su tells jiwon they will meet again 

Hide contents

They are in a hotel, and hyun so is going to meet yong San chul, not bhs? Or hyun su is smarter than that? 

Also the black box in the car near the telephone booth will be important. In fact there is a black box in hyunsu's car!! 

This show is really too scary and unpredictable

The Baeks are preparing a ton of money: if not for payment to yong sang chul for killing Do Hyun Soo, it's probably for payment to yong sang chul for Jung Mi Sook. 

Yes, that black box in the car by the phonebooth, my gosh, where's the owner when you need them? She's on vacation!!! Isn't she afraid of covid -19?? :smashes:

When crazy real Baek Hee Seong placed the dead maids' hair at the back of Do Hyun Soo's car, was his black box cctv working? :eats:

I think Do Hyun Soo is going to meet with Yong Sang Chul, as per his original plan discussed with Hae Soo and Moo Jin (plus he spoke with Jung Mi Sook so he'll look for her) before Cha Ji Won put handcuff on him. 

12 hours ago, Erika Song said:

Hahahahha, after watching episode 12 and 13 in a marathon, I badly need episode 14 now! 

I don't know how can I continue my projects after that ending of episode 13, here's to me hoping that it was all plan after a preview of them running together was shown. But, I think, Do Hyun Soo was really hurt that Ji Won seems not to trust him enough. I just hope that when he grabbed that knife he already got hold of his feelings and had a plan laid out on his mind, I know the writer is smart so I assume I'll be getting a 5000 words explanation for that one. xDDDD Btw, in one of the previews he said that she should wish him luck instead and -- his tone is not lovingly.

EDIT: I rewatched the preview, his tone doesn't sound mad. xD 

Oh, I just read this! Yes, yes, you guys are right. He only snapped and grabbed the knife after that call! Okay, here's to me being positive that Hyun Soo had a plan in mind when he grabbed that knife! 

Btw, is it just me that still have a bad feeling with their chief detective?! I mean, he played a villain in CLOY and I hated him! lol.  

I'm with you there, I have a bad feeling about the chief detective but it could be anybody in that detective team. Detective Choi seems trustworthy but after all my wrong guesses, I don't know anymore who's good and bad :headbang:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

16 hours ago, Erika Song said:

Hahahahha, after watching episode 12 and 13 in a marathon, I badly need episode 14 now! 

I don't know how can I continue my projects after that ending of episode 13, here's to me hoping that it was all plan after a preview of them running together was shown. But, I think, Do Hyun Soo was really hurt that Ji Won seems not to trust him enough. I just hope that when he grabbed that knife he already got hold of his feelings and had a plan laid out on his mind, I know the writer is smart so I assume I'll be getting a 5000 words explanation for that one. xDDDD Btw, in one of the previews he said that she should wish him luck instead and -- his tone is not lovingly.

EDIT: I rewatched the preview, his tone doesn't sound mad. xD 

Oh, I just read this! Yes, yes, you guys are right. He only snapped and grabbed the knife after that call! Okay, here's to me being positive that Hyun Soo had a plan in mind when he grabbed that knife! 

Btw, is it just me that still have a bad feeling with their chief detective?! I mean, he played a villain in CLOY and I hated him! lol.  

I hate CJW too for her inconsistent. DHS already opened up with her, but she turn her back on him...
I really hate anyone whom tried to gain my trust, but they're not trustworthy at all..
The purest one to DHS is DHaeS, next BEH...

• Like 2

OMG, what an ending to episode 13! At first I was angry at Ji Won. After Hyun Soo finally opened up to her, and she swore to stand by him, she acted like she thought he was a killer and did nothing to reassure him when he was devastated by her coldness. If she had just asked him WHY he went out in the middle of the night instead of acting like he went out to commit murder, they could have had a conversation that would have solved the whole mystery. Putting together what they both knew would have put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Of course, the show would have been over at that point, so we had to have a bunch of misunderstanding.

Then I thought about why she would act the way she did. She never actually said that she thought he killed the maid. She seemed to be focused on the evidence against him and that she had a duty as a cop to take him in even if she was sure he was innocent. She wanted him to leave the investigation to her team, and she did tell him that she would do everything she could to make sure he wouldn't be punished for something he didn't do. Maybe she even trusted him to know that she was still on his side and knew he wasn't a murderer.

Ji Won seemed surprised when Hyun Soo said if she didn't believe him nobody would. Of course, Hyun Soo was bound to believe that she didn't trust him since nobody in his life except Hae Soo had ever trusted him. I think he really was shattered by her attitude and that it caused him to remember what his father had told him about love.

However, I don't think he really snapped. I don't think he had any intention to hurt Ji Won. I think he decided that the only way he could escape the frame was to stay free to find Jung Mi Sook and Yeom Sang Chul and the accomplice. He had to take Ji Won with him either because he needed her help or because he wanted to make sure she wasn't implicated in his supposed crime or both. Since the police were on the way and there were CCTV cameras all over his workshop, he had to make her look like his victim instead of his accomplice. There wasn't time to construct any elaborate plan and maybe he thought frightening her was the best way to make her look like his hostage.

The acting by both our leads was so meticulous that my heart broke for both characters. Next Wednesday seems like such a long time away.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

On 9/11/2020 at 5:47 PM, Erika Song said:

Okay, I think I'm starting to understand the knife scene. Yay! Thanks to all the posts here in soompi as well as in twitter and streaming sites, rewatching the episode 13's end and the preview also helped me. Whoooh. At least I'm not that stress anymore. :lol: I think Ji Won's doubt towards him had really hurt him badly. He was hurt, disappointed and maybe felt betrayed (to the point that his father's ghost who had stopped hunting him for a decade, came back). Now that Ji Won knows he's really Hyun Soo who is wanted for murder and tagline as a serial killer's accomplice, and not the loving husband Baek Hee Seong, Hyun Soo might have believed what his father said to him when he was younger (that his mother only loved the illusion of his father and could not accept him for who he was, then identified himself as his father and Ji Won as his mother) and, therefore, for a moment -- he doubted Cha Ji Won's love for him. Still, I wasn't convince that he will hurt his wife, that's why I was really confused when he grabbed the knife, I know he's hurt, but I couldn't believe what I was seeing, especially, after everything that had happened. 

When he heard that the police were coming to their workshop, he might have puzzled it on his mind that he's being framed up and there's no way, he would be able to get hold of the situation. If he ended up in prison, the serial killer will continue to be out on the streets, worse, can hurt his family (especially his daughter) as well as his sister. At that point, he might be thinking that no one in the police will protect him, especially, if, the only one who he could rely on -- his wife -- already doubted him. Even if Cha Ji Won will believe in him eventually -- she will not be able to prove his innocence plus he's being framed up and he doesn't know who it was (Did he know that it was Baek Man Woo?), hence, he can't trust people anymore. If the serial killer already outsmarted him just like that, what could he do if he was put in prison? Nothing. And as seen in the preview, his wife is with him and they are holding hands while running xD that only means that their relationship is not as broken as one can thought after that knife scene.

Maybe Cha Ji Won just chose to trust in him during that knife scene especially after she heard Hyun Soo's hurting words. Plus, she's also quick to notice if something is wrong with her husband (like in the calling scene outside the police station), she might have doubted him in regards to the maid's murder case, but maybe her good memories and trust in her husband kicked in more, instead of that small doubt. Then, after they escaped the house, Hyun Soo had calmed down and Cha Ji Won reassured him that he trust in him, then Hyun Soo shared his plan with her. Or maybe, instead of that scenario, Hyun Soo already talked about his plan during the knife scene to her (very kdrama like) and she chose to trust in him, then, they got out of their house.

I have to agree with this. I think he is overcome with fear about the serial killer on the loose who could hurt his family. But more importantly, his greatest fear is CJW losing her trust in him completely and abandon him. That's what dad said in his hallucination..mum fell for an illusion and when she saw the true him, she abandoned the dad, Hae Soo and Hyun Soo. When he broke down at the bridge in episode 11, his first words were "you knew everything(his identity), why didnt you leave me? I dont understand."

Like we talked about with chingu @Jillia a few pages back and others. He is very VERY codependent on Cha Ji Won. Any small fracture to their relationship, if he feels like he might lose CJW. Any threat to her well being and now even Eun Ha. He breaks down and reacts very strongly to the point of acting irrationally.Setting and falling into his own trap is because he is not thinking straight.Of course our villain is smart.But he is just as smart as BHS and can play him at his own game.Both are apprentices of Do Min Seok only one became a full psycho.One didn't. If he can have that assurance that CJW is not going anywhere and that she trusts him. He will calm down and think straight. Did you see how he was able to get out of that tense situation with the traffickers in episode 9-10? He was able to get out after the phone call with CJW. 

I trust my girl CJW to come through as always.she has consistently said this in different words but same meaning throughout episode 12 - 13.Unlike DHS 's mum, She is not going anywhere.She is not leaving him.

e6f8cef503b4968615d9531ebc8e769776a28466

b43b4fdddd26ccb3fbf72840c58d547a8c12a09e

3d7655963df19a2cfde371503d7db8e726b7a558

In her words below:

He has a wife who will stand by his side no matter what happens.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I agree that Hyun So reactive response is combination between anger, rage, disappointment and also afraid he will lose his family. He also has to grab the chance to find Jung Mi Suk and if he will get in prison, there is no chance he can break open this case. He is too independent sighh.. he has a reliable wonderful wife.

But I believe that his love to Ji Won will overcome all of them. And also Ji Won trust to him is bigger than he thought..

And I think the writer give some of the drama fans a service. Some of the fans think that it will be more satisfied for Hyun Su to take a bad guy path (I agree that he is so sexy and charming when he looks fierce)..so I think the writer and director give a glimpse of badness from Hyun Su that many people have already missed since in the later episodes we don't get that kind of look anymore compare than earlier episodes. 
:glasses:

• Like 7

Hi, i’m newbie here.

a little bit confused about the timeline.

when DHS at the bar with his dad (flashback), BHS called the witness ahjumma and threatened her, he also said about the death of village foreman. 

But do hae su killed the foreman 3 months after their father died right? Can someone explain to me?? Thank you so much. Sorry my english is bad

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

First of all: welcome to the thread, @Nadnad2112! :D And don't worry about your language skills, you're doing fine!

I have yet to rewatch the recent episodes but the timeline is confusing to me as well. I think because a lot happened at the same time and even things which had apparently nothing to do with Do Min Seok's crimes. But maybe some of the fellow Flower of Evil friends can enlighten us about the timeline.

Thank youu..i join this forum just to ask that question, LOL. i’m a kdrama lovers and never watched any drama like flower of evil. Great storyline ! I hope the question have the explanation maybe from the past episode that i didn’t notice or from the next episode. Or it will become a great plothole..

• Like 2

On episode 12 Jiwon requested Dectective Choi to not put handcuffs on DHS. I don't understand why on episode 13 she was so adamant on putting handcuffs on him. If she had told him let's go to the police station and think what can be done then maybe he won't have been pissed. But then it also goes with Jiwon character "She only believes in what she sees". She has found evidence so maybe she still believes in him but not 100%.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, luffie said:

I am beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, that the dad is in innocent too! What a mind game!!!! 

I don’t think the father is innocent given the scene at the school where he meets Baek Hee-Sung for the first time .  

@Nadnad2112 I think the call was made after Do Min-Seok death but at the same bar. remember the police never solved the case so I assume that the ajumma wanted to go and  give the police information.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

On 9/11/2020 at 2:07 PM, jannedrumsit said:

I have the same feeling too. I think the end of ep 13 was just a bluff... we have clearly seen all throughout the episodes that Hyun Soo loves Ji Won, even if they showed Daddy Min Seok telling him not to trust anyone. Also, Ji Won have stated time and again the she believes in her husband and that she will stay by his side no matter what. I believe that Hyun Soo showing that he's threatening Ji Won on CCTV was all part of a bigger plan. Both Jae Sub and Ji Won are smart, thankfully. With Gong Mi Ja's statement, that is if she pointed Hyun Soo as suspect, they must have pieced it altogether.

This. I mean look at:

d4c8600ff5f6555c7df7c35689c84d3012cfc2aa

Cha Ji Won

035cb94fa18e10937aa5ef5def2b3b06e2bda676

and then episode 14 preview

DHS

69398fd67302f7256f564a220d9afaba2452a005

Their love and trust may have been shaken in episode 13 but that ending was a ruse.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Maral said:

I don’t think the father is innocent given the scene at the school where he meets Baek Hee-Sung for the first time .  

@Nadnad2112 I think the call was made after Do Min-Seok death but at the same bar. remember the police never solved the case so I assume that the ajumma wanted to go and  give the police information.

Ahhh i see..i thought he made the call right after the kidnapping..thank youu..

• Like 3

1.One big question for me if Baek Man Wo know his son is a serial murder why is he still looking for the hospital volunteer photo as requested by Do Hae So? to blame all mistake to DHS?

If DHS honest to CJW about green silicon band who used by BHS like Do Hae Su remember the accomplice wear in Do Min Soek funeral, This problem will solve because in episode 13 CJW see a photo of hospital volunteer wearing a green silicon band in BHS treatment room. But we know this is drama.

2. if DHS run off  to lure BHS out , what plans Do Hyun su has prepared? Does  he want to meet Yeom Sam Cheol?

3. BHS doesn't know YSC has a photo of him and YSC hold a key witness who survived the murder.But poor she doesn't remember anything.

4. When BHS spread the maid hair in DHS car, is the CCTV switched off?

5. When BHS killed the maid he used a gloves? I didn't see the detail because I was scared.

• Like 2

Ep 12 was very good and ep 13 solid but I am not happy with Ji Won’s doubts despite the evidence, especially how they’ve built her up to support him though several scenes. We heard her tell him that she knew he was a good guy but then just one evidence, she’s doubting him all over again. It would have been better if she approached him to just discuss instead of being the ‘police’ etc. 

I get it that the writer has to do a plot twist as we head into the final 3 episodes but I think it weakens her character totally. 

• Like 2