[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

Waiting to watch EP 13 with subs. I am hopeful for a happy ending and I am fine with DHS being innocent and a nice man underneath it all, but I hope they don't try to make DHS "normal". I would really hate that. I know people who have anti-social personality disorder can feel emotions (they are not emotionless), but with DHS, it has been established that he can only feel extreme emotions. I understand him having this breakdown as he is learning to process his emotions - they crying and showing emotion is understandable in extreme situations. But I REALLY, REALLY down go down the route of making him "normal". 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, sas79 said:

Waiting to watch EP 13 with subs. I am hopeful for a happy ending and I am fine with DHS being innocent and a nice man underneath it all, but I hope they don't try to make DHS "normal". I would really hate that. I know people who have anti-social personality disorder can feel emotions (they are not emotionless), but with DHS, it has been established that he can only feel extreme emotions. I understand him having this breakdown as he is learning to process his emotions - they crying and showing emotion is understandable in extreme situations. But I REALLY, REALLY down go down the route of making him "normal". 

That would make his character basic and perfect.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

Okay this scene is really something else but must stay... Ji Won did the same with the female killer in the second episode. :o So it's kind of a interesting parallel.

Source: DCGall

Als this was shown in the preview and it got me worried... Ji Won's police badge.

Me:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah that's what we've been thinking as well: that there might be a mole in the police. So of course Do Hyun Soo would be wary of any interaction with the police. So you might right that many factors played into why he snapped and one of them might be a possible mole.

About ji wons badge, if u looked at the previews, she ditched it halfway when her and hyun soo were running away from their home. Praying that she and eunha will be safe!!! 

Meanwhile in the TV special, they did provide a list of people whose betrayal will change the game

I can't believe in the span of just 2 episodes, almost all the characters on that list (besides maybe moo jin) have already betrayed hyun soo. Guy just has the worst luck. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:Eun Ha and Hae Soo are two people who Hyun Su has loved without any reason. For Ji Won we knew that he initially was with her because around her his father's ghost would disappear. But for Eun Ha and Hae Soo he cares differently. Will not say more, but differently and as I said before too, Ji Won is a cop, so she can protect herself to some extent but the other two can't. He might also not want Ji Won involved because of her job, she might really lose it if she sided with him.

I be

i believe Eun Ha and Hae soo are the only two person who loved Hyun so without anything i return. 
then things were getting worse for Hyun so, when he was even questioning himself, when he started to see father’s ghost, it was his sister Hae so who made an attempt to right the wrong done to her brother. The fact that she doesnt feel remorseful for killing foreman shows that how much she loved her brother. Even when things were good for her brother and when she was living in guilt, depression and neverending question of media police she still felt happy for her brother’s new life.  When ji won said Hae soo not to be involved Hae soo was still happy for him abd thankful towards her. 
she has indeed loved his brother unconditionally. I really hope she wont put herself in danger or sacrifice for she had promised Ji won that Hae soo would pay back for her kindness. 
on the Eun Ha is a person who relies on Hyun so. In the world where mom are more cherished and sought after, Hyun so the father is more loved and sought that mother.  Eun ha trust her father more than mother

ji won also loves Hyun so but i thibk because of her profession sometimes she is misguided. She think with her brain than her heart.  
i think flower of evil is about two character Baek and Do.  How their lives are similar yet different. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

17 minutes ago, holyfea said:

Now i am quite sure. What happened with the real Baek Hee Sung (despite the fact that he is good looking ultimate psycho) is because wrong parenting!

His parents makes him more awful.

I dont think it is necessarily wrong parenting. If you look at the fact mother came to know that her son was serial killer only when he got into accident.  Moreover, i dont think father also has a clue beforehand.

i dont believe that a man is born evil. But looking at the story i cant wonder if hee sung was born evil. The way min seok was able to recognize his evilness when everyone was fooled.  
i think parent of hee sung was wrong of protecting him in-spite of crime.  

• Like 6

I already watch the 13 ep with sub. i kinda hate this ep..keep yelling that hyun soo and ji won get out from baek's house.

i thought that the baek sung's mother started to fell normal/attached to hyun so after the scene she treated eun ha. i thought that she felt guitly to hun soo. i did not expect she tell directly to hyun soo just some hint is enough. but i was wrong. maybe her love or scare towards real baek hee sung is greater and that is why she choose to protect real baek hee sung

• Like 4

I am Do Min Seok. Did you miss me?

73167276b7a6650c93595984d983a88254224f1e

DMS be like Hyun Soo ya...and flower of evil viewers

tenor.gif?itemid=5865184

I think Ji won needs to grab and deep kiss her husband again to make daddy-in law disappear for good or maybe another bed scene session for full effectB). Boy has lost his mind. I think the cliff hanger is to throw us off though.Its not the first time writer nim is doing this.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

This show is discussing on Psycho killer psychology .. is it based on DNA or psycho killer becomes one due to ‘overly protected’ parenting? That’s why I love the writing of this drama. Instead of the usual hoopla on depicting gory act of the crime to build audience interest in psycho thriller..this show chose to highlight the many  ‘what if’ instead. Just my pov on why I am obsessed with this show writing. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Enimsa88 said:

Eun Ha is a person who relies on Hyun so. In the world where mom are more cherished and sought after, Hyun so the father is more loved and sought that mother.  Eun ha trust her father more than mother

You have a point on Eun Ha relying on Hyun Soo. But Eun Ha does love and trust her parents equally. It may seem like she loves her daddy more because he stays and interacts with her more at home. Its also obvious in terms of parenting and personality, Hyun Soo is the softer one. But she does love her mummy very much too.

a116463cd46d0440b7132b495562eeb3c74aece5

73203f8e8306708abbf6d4d4adf0177c3017ca78

80d630fd411932aa3d4fc8272997cf7498233fe7

• Like 8

2 hours ago, violina said:

I am Do Min Seok. Did you miss me?

Hyun Soo ya...and flower of evil viewers

I think Ji won needs to grab and deep kiss her husband again to make daddy-in law disappear for good or maybe another bed scene session for full effectB). Boy has lost his mind. I think the cliff hanger is to throw us off though.Its not the first time writer nim is doing this.

Omg yess. i am looking forward to that kiss. And a sibling for Eun ha.  :D :D I hope writer nim gives us that at the end !!

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote images & gifs in your posts. Thanks.
  • Like 4

I finally got around to watching the entire episode and here are a couple of my thoughts about it that I wrote as I watched it.

• From the beginning, we can clearly see that BHS probably had some issues but he looked as though he clearly knew how to manipulate people. We saw it with him smirking after leaving the conference in school and then when he pretends to be weak in front of his parents after waking up. I believe he was probably stronger than he was letting them believe.
  • I'm also curious as to how the first meeting between DMS and BHS evolved into the relationship that they then had. Maybe BHS was curious about what DMS said about him being very lonely, maybe wondering if DMS was the same way and had the same thoughts, and found him first. Or maybe, a part of me wonders if maybe DMS was also curious about BHS or maybe saw potential in him? I don't entirely think that DMS is the one and only killer for the past crimes, but he may have ignited the path that BHS eventually walked down.
  • As much as I don't like the Baek family, I do like how BHS is smart to know that DHS is probably setting them up and I do like that we're given a villian that is smart and who also knows how to play the game. I'm assuming that that then sets us up for an actual face-to-face confrontation rather than just one outwitting the other.
  • Now that BHS has gotten rid of YSC, I wonder if he'll end up betraying the Baek family in the end.
  • DHS getting that call in the middle of the night from BHS is clearly playing into his fear of something happening to his wife and daughter because of all of the issues. Perhaps BHS knew that DHS would look up the phone number and go see and he could thereby pin the crime on him since there'd probably be video of him in the same area. But I do like how DHS believes that the voice he heard is that of the accomplice and is starting to piece everything together
  • Ah, so GMJ knocking everything over was another ploy to have DHS help her so they could get his fingerprint and because it was tape that was knocked over, it would've been easier to get it. But clearly BHS has some sort of control over his parents and he definitely knows it and uses it to his advantage. He knows that his parents are afraid of him and uses that to have the absolute last word
  • With DHS finding out that JMS is actually alive, I'm curious as to how her appearance will shift the tide
  • And wow, this family really does everything to make sure that their tracks are covered. BHS is really an evil mastermind and I kind of appreciate that in a drama
  • CJS told the department about DHS's identity, so I wonder if they'll also see her as a victim of DHS? Or was that part of a bigger plan?

After watching the episode in its entirety, the ending made me kind of even more confused, if that's possible. I probably feel like CJS while he was watching it, utterly confused about what was happening. It's clear that the others on CJW's team probably think that DHS is a murderer but I think that CJS has a better understanding of him after talking with him and plotting together. I do think that it's part of a bigger plot, though. Maybe when DHS was talking with his sister and KMJ, they came up with this plan.

A part of me does think that perhaps CJS is actually in on it? I feel like them both looking up at the camera before it cut off meant something and I feel like the fact that he pretty much kidnapped his own wife means something. He's afraid of something happening to the people he loves the most and so I still think that he's using it as a decoy to get whatever outcome he desires. Maybe it's because he got that mysterious phone call, who I'm presuming is BHS, who knew too much about him he figured he must cut ties with everyone in order to successfully decode the murders. Back to CJS for a moment, though, but him telling the rest of the team DHS's identity, he previously said that he didn't want to open up that kind of history, but now by telling them, he's opened up the history so I wonder if previously during his meeting with DHS if DHS said something to him about revealing his identity when the time was right or maybe it was after because DHS wouldn't tell him who he thought was trying to murder him. Perhaps when GMJ named DHS as the potential suspect, CJS felt like something was off and maybe figured out that it was the Baek family that wanted DHS gone.

Also, maybe the production actually showing a scene of the hair falling on something white means that DHS discovered it? Maybe he thought that it was off therefore he felt that someone had been close enough to get to the car? 

A part of me wishes that he would just be up front and honest with CJW about everything, about the previous attempted murder and even about the mysterious phone call. I get that he didn't have a chance to explain to her and that he doesn't want her to feel even more burden than she already does, but I feel like it would help him or maybe he should just tell CJS and he could maybe guide CJW in the right direction. 

Sorry for this being so long haha. But whatever may happen, we have a long week ahead of us.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 5

14 hours ago, thephamle said:

I say let flood tvn message board and tell them to give us epi 14 because they owe us one from last week. While they at it we need 15 and 16 too.  Seriously how am I going to work , eat and sleep for the next 6 days?!?!?

Are you sure you can handle a three episode dosage of flower of evil? The intensity would blow your brains out:D.

Episode 12- 13 BTS to calm everybody down

English Translation of clip above

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Okay, here's my theory (and hope).

I think the end was a set up to lure the Baek family into a false sense of confidence. The writer is really good at making us think the story is going one way and then taking us somewhere else. I think her going to the shop and staging the 'kidnapping' for the CCTV cameras was for show. We see in the preview that they are together and she's not exactly in distress. 

Remember, the Baek family thinks Ji Won is the only one who knows the truth. They don't know that Detective Choi knows. Choi is very smart - he let Hyun Su go before because I think he has some information that we don't know yet. He mentioned there was one witness who said Hyun Su could never kill anyone. We don't know who that witness is yet. 

All we see is Choi telling his boss that Ji Won's husband is Hyun Su - nothing after that. So, like with the Baek family revealing their set up in this episode, I think something happened behind the scenes that will be revealed later.

Also, we saw a handprint on Hae Soo's window. There was a lot of focus on gathering fingerprints with tape in this episode. I think that even if the police didn't come (she said they couldn't do anything) that she got the print off the window or called someone to help her do it. That would give the evidence of BHS' real fingerprint and prove he wasn't in a coma.

Those are my thoughts. There are definitely some moments that drove me nuts in this episode. Why would they see BHS in bed and NOT test to see if he's really in a coma? But, overall, I love that the writing keeps propelling the story forward and the story elements are tightly written and paced.

I don't want to wait to see what happens next!

• Like 8
  • Insightful 7

1 hour ago, violina said:

Are you sure you can handle a three episode dosage of flower of evil? The intensity would blow your brains out:D.

Episode 12- 13 BTS to calm everybody down

I am sure! I want to take that the poison pill and let it be the end of me than wait for two weeks for epi 16. :crazymad:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

21 minutes ago, thingskateknows said:

Remember, the Baek family thinks Ji Won is the only one who knows the truth. They don't know that Detective Choi knows. Choi is very smart - he let Hyun Su go before because I think he has some information that we don't know yet. He mentioned there was one witness who said Hyun Su could never kill anyone. We don't know who that witness is yet. 

All we see is Choi telling his boss that Ji Won's husband is Hyun Su - nothing after that. So, like with the Baek family revealing their set up in this episode, I think something happened behind the scenes that will be revealed later.

That's true. I think if they knew exactly how many people know, not that there's truly that many, they probably wouldn't feel safe anymore. And I did forget that he mentioned about a witness but DHS stopped him before he could say anything else. I wonder exactly who that witness is. If it's enough for CJS to potentially believe in DHS, then I wonder who exactly it was.

27 minutes ago, thingskateknows said:

Those are my thoughts. There are definitely some moments that drove me nuts in this episode. Why would they see BHS in bed and NOT test to see if he's really in a coma? But, overall, I love that the writing keeps propelling the story forward and the story elements are tightly written and paced.

I think DHS said that CJW only wanted to make sure that a body was there. I don't think they were really testing to see if he was in a coma but just to see that he wasn't dead or anything. I think if she saw him with her own eyes then she'd be able to confidently tell CJS, with evidence, that DHS didn't do anything to obtain BHS's identity. I do think she became slightly suspicious by the lack of reaction or concern about their son from them when the electricity went out.

• Like 5

I just binged both episode 12 and 13... and holy cow. Sweet baby Jesus. Where do I even start. 

First of all, I need to say this. I mean, he’s playing the serial killer and he’s both terrifying and off-putting... but I can’t be the only one who finds Kim Ji Hoon (BHS) really hot? I’ve never really seen him in any dramas before but he’s quite impressive here. I mean it doesn’t really make sense for BHS to have a 6-pack and chiselled cheekbones like this after spending 18 years in coma but whatever. He’s hot. 

All Baek family members are crazy. They are completely mad. I don’t know who’s crazier. The son who’s keeping fingernails as the souvenirs. The mother who’s trying to “fix” her son who murders people. The father who’d rather let someone impersonate his son than to lose his position and money. They’re all nuts.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2